[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maid Cafe General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 63
File: MaidCafe.png (687 KB, 659x433) Image search: [Google]
MaidCafe.png
687 KB, 659x433
Hey /cgl/ lets have a maid cafe general!

Have a maid cafe near you? Work at a maid cafe, even if its just at a con? Come share stories, pictures, etc.

I'll Start:
I've been working for a small con the past few years doing maid cafe, and we've changed some things around and need some nice, not too expensive dresses for the maids to wear. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>all those facial lines
definite head maid right there
>>
File: costume574-2.jpg (207 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
costume574-2.jpg
207 KB, 700x1200
>>8741087
Yay I love maid threads!

bodyline has some cute ones that aren't too bad of a price. Their quality is okay and slightly better than if you were to get one of the amazon dresses.
>>
>>8741205
That does look cute!
is there a way to get them in different sizing though? some of our maids are... well, bigger...
>>
File: 5_original.jpg (158 KB, 850x1015) Image search: [Google]
5_original.jpg
158 KB, 850x1015
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cute-Japanese-Lolita-Maid-Dress-Neko-mimi-Cat-Ears-Cosplay-Costume-Heart-Pockets-/161676589256?var=&hash=item25a4acf8c8:m:me_g1ldZjz56SmZ64TL_2WQ
>>
>>8741211
Sizing goes up to 4L
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (23 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
23 KB, 354x500
>>8741217
I'm gonna start dumping some cute maid dresses that I've saved in my folder.

I own pic related. It is super good quality and super adorable.
>>
Any long sleeve dresses?
>>
File: tumblr_nxwxz6vOOn1st4z68o1_500.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxwxz6vOOn1st4z68o1_500.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>>8741227
It's cute until the apron ends, but the bow looks a little sad
>>8741217
>pink and green
Did all of the television shows of the early 2000s teach you nothing?!
>>
File: 51rpy8t800L._UL1500_.jpg (80 KB, 908x1500) Image search: [Google]
51rpy8t800L._UL1500_.jpg
80 KB, 908x1500
>>8741229
>>8741227
This one is kind of expensive but the reviews are awesome. And it's a beautiful dress. Pls excuse unflattering model pic
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>8741229
I have this one saved, but eh
>>
>>8741237
It's $22 on ebay
< http://www.ebay.com/itm/400980065120?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
File: 1424303540096.jpg (248 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1424303540096.jpg
248 KB, 600x600
>>8741237
I'm pretty sure pic related is bodyline
>>
>>8741248
It's a rip off one
>>
>>8741248
or the one from the original pic in amazon for like 70
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400980065120?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>8741257
However, the ebay one apparently comes in larger sizes. Does that mean that it would look like garbage?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (78 KB, 792x932) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
78 KB, 792x932
>>8741250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8GOh8wtXA&list=WL&index=4

idk if this is the exact dress they were wearing and its bugging tf out of me orz
>>
>>8741261
Unfortunately I think so.
>>
>>8741262
does anyone actually own the spreepicky "meidorimin" costume? Is it complete shit?
>>
>>8741223
If they're American, that may be too small.
>>
>>8741237

I'm pretty sure that's a short version of an APH Belarus cosplay...
>>
>>8741274
Instagram cosplayer Kira_Chi_cosplay has it. They use it for sailor moon cosplays
>>
Maid headbands in bodyline uniforms are quite bad.
Anyone has a good source or tutorial for maid headbands?
>>
Somewhat off topic but this thread reminded me of a small con maid cafe that had a recruiting ad for volunteer maids that had more demands/requirements than my paying job at a restaurant
>>
>>8742519
what were the requirements? i could see having a few more than typical restaurants because i would think maids have to be attractive, whereas a waitressing job usually just hires average people. maids also would have to have base knowledge on how to behave around guests differently than a waitress does (maids have to stay and entertain the guests, whereas waitresses usually only say their name and get your order). stuff like that is why i could see they might have more demands.
>>
Does anyone have experience with the Otakon maid cafe? I keep thinking of applying, but I haven't heard any personal accounts of what it's like
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 579x1024
>>8741274
Abipop has it and it looks decent. I think it requires a mandatory petti though.
>>
>>8742521
Yeah, I don't remember everything but they were asking previous experience, face and body photos and that they had their own uniform, which by itself wasn't odd, but given that it was a small ass con for a small ass comm I felt people with that profile would not be too willing to work for free serving weebs for a weekend when they would be making money for probably less hassle (it helps that the ad was only posted on facebook, it made it kinda hard to take seriously)
>>
My bestfriend worked in a tiny maid cafe and after a month, she left.
>Abussive co-workers, they left all the work to the newbies
>Not really expensive food, but you can buy the same in a supermarket.
>The maids are the host aren't really well-looking
>Didn't do any activities or dances
>For only 0'50€ you can put ANY personality to your maid/host!
I used this to my friend to be like a cat, was really fun, but only because she's my friend. The idea is really strange.
The only "maid cafe" they really had was the part of wear maid clothes.
>>
>>8741274
oh jesus christ, it's for SALE??!?!! want. Maidreamin best maidcafe
>>
>>8742603
YES Ikr? Live out your dreams.
>>
>>8742554
having them supply their own uniform seems odd- there are so many styles of maid uniforms that if each maid had her own, it doesnt seem like they would match
>>
Does anyone have any stories regarding a maid cafe panel without food? Someone is trying to start one for anime boston next year and I feel like it wouldn't be considered for a panel. I want to audition but I don't want to waste time or money on a dress lmao :/
>>
>>8741250
This is cute af anon. Where do you get it from?
>>
>>8742757
wantwantwant. I wore one when I visited their smaller Thailand branch! So cute! I prefer it without the Master maid band though
>>
>>
>>8743049
they look pretty cute. a lot of them need to fix their wigs up and adjust petticoats, but i know its hard to keep a wig in good shape when youre constantly moving around and serving food. im hoping the middle girl was just caught in an unflattering moment as well. but, what's up with that gun?
>>
>>
>>8742942
As someone who works cafes at all the local cons, that sounds like a terrible idea. The amount of time to flip a room for a cafe is way longer than whatever break you'll get between panels. And having it in a panel room doesn't guarantee you tables, and without tables you can't really play many games. That's why most cons, at least ones I've been to, have a dedicated cafe room.

As for food, people are going to be upset no matter what kind of food is offered, and hotel contracts usually don't permit bringing in food anyway so not having food makes it a little easier, at the very least.
>>
>>8743061
Girl in the middle always looks like that unfortunately. And the gun one is just being edgy for the sake of edgy.
>>
>>8742942
If it's without food, it's not really a cafe.
>>
>>8742942
It's not a Cafe, you are just people cosplaying in maid uniforms and being like every other cringeworthy panelist.
>>
>>8743061
>>8743067
funnily enough actually, the blonde in the middle of the top pic is the Miku in the second one
>>
What's everyone's fave cafe, western or Japanese? I like @home personally
>>
What do you do at maid cafes? I mean, what's the appeal? Is it good food? Activities? What kinds of activities?
>>
File: Alice's world.png (642 KB, 700x488) Image search: [Google]
Alice's world.png
642 KB, 700x488
>>8741087
I remember asking w2c a maid dress similar to op's picture, and all I got was being called a moron with shit taste. Lovely gulls.
Anyway, I've been searching for a detailed apron similar to pic related, since I want a longer, classic-looking maid outfit.
>>
>>8741087
I volunteer at a Maid Cafe, and do a good handful of dance shows/small cons to promote the big summer con throughout the year. It's pretty fun covering popular dance routines!

I found that the senior girls in the group stuck to themselves, and left out the newbies... Or would take over your table, and try to outshine you in front of your customers.

Also we had a girl bad-mouth the Maid Cafe because she thought performing "love spells (moe moe kyu!) was "throwing away any sense of self-dignity"?? It's just fun and games... not sure why she took it so seriously when she was the one who put herself in that position...

Either way, I enjoy the experience and all the people I'd meet throughout the year. I'm glad I'm sticking around for another year.
>>
>>8743795
which maid cafe is this? the love spell sounds like one i went to this summer
>>
>>8744218
All maid cafes do love spells like that as far as I know.
>>
>>8741087
Maid cafes sound super cute but there aren't any at the local cons I go to.

I really want to help out behind the scenes with one, doing the set up and making the dresses/decorations and stuff. I am also a pretty good baker and have done huge batches of baking in a short amount of time for events but I know it's usually not allowed to serve handmade food which is a bummer.
>>
Op here, happy to see this is still an active discussion!
How about dances? I know a lot of maid cafes use stages and have their maids put on shows. Looking for some cute ones! Again, feel free to share stories about not so good ones as well
>>
>>8744309
Then talk to the con workers and submit the idea! Odds are, they want to but may not have the people like you available to help. But just be careful they dont try and stretch you too thin (that will happen) and be ready for stress and possible drama.
But its 100% worth it if you have the right people
>>
I just joined a local maid cafe this year, and we're getting some uniforms. They told me they'll get them produced somehow, and I'm doing some designs but. Some of the maids are bigger. I'm curvy too, so most maid designs are really hard to do I'd imagine. We only got like 2-3 petite girls. Could I get some advice and inspo for the uniforms? If you want I can post what I already got
>>
>>8744360
How about you do us all a favour and not make another weeb fatty-chan cafe?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 194x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 194x400
I've worked at some smaller cons as a maid. That was years ago, and now I was chosen again to a cafe in an another con, I'm so excited! I'm trying to up my game and accessorise my outfit in a true Japanese maid-fashion. These hairclips used to be common with maids, would they still look good? Do you have any ideas?
>>
>>8744373
I'm trying. Destroying from the inside out. Got myself into main board/comittee. Soon
>>
>>8744360
My best answer is trying scrolling through maid cafe blogs on tumblr, compare them to your designs, then head out to a fabric store and look through patterns and see what can be modified easily to fit your designs.
>>
>>8744311

There's always Happy Happy Morning, which is pretty much the most known maid dance. I've seen some maids dance to j-pop and Vocaloid songs, like Viva Happy, Aitakatta, Love&Joy, Happy Synthesizer and others, these are probably my favourites. Where I'm from maids don't do too much dancing, wish they would, but the cafe spaces are very limited.
>>
>>8744395
I understand the space thing
My con just moved hotels and our new space is wonderfullll. Plenty of space for a good stage setup.
>>
File: schatz-interior.jpg (107 KB, 624x310) Image search: [Google]
schatz-interior.jpg
107 KB, 624x310
I've been to a few dozen maid cafes in Tokyo. Anytime I've seen maid cafes in the United States they totally fail and don't get the spirit right. Also, in an effort to be inclusive and PC you often get employees who are cringey and don't fit the bill. To be fair, there are plenty in Japan that don't get it right either. Usually the shoddy ones set up either to make a quick buck or for money laundering.

The best one by far in my opinion is Schatzkiste.

http://schatz-kiste.net/
>>
>>8744441
That space looks so cozy! If i ever visit, ill make a point to go there.
>>
>>8744446
Yeah, it's very nice. It's popular so during peak times it can be rather crowded, though that can often lead to conversations with strangers (a rare occurrence in Japan) which is a good opportunity to meet people and practice Japanese. The whole place is themed like a library, so there's tons of books and board games available for use. Only downside is that it's 500 yen per half hour you stay there, but the food is extremely good and very low in price compared to the shitty microwaved meals of other maid cafes. They bake scones fresh to order that will blow you away.

They are also a doujin studio and produce story books, comics, and print media.
>>
>>8744395
Miyuki Watanabae's Warukii as well as Miku Hatsune's Ojamamushi are popular too
>>
>>8743795
Outshining each other in front of people is something I see in a lot of western cafes. They forget that maids in maid cafes are supposed to dote on the customers and provide customer service. I don't care to hear you talk about yourself every 10 minutes on a microphone.
>>
>>8744388
I wanted designs that could be modified to fit both petite and curvier girls. I'll do that thanks!
I wanted to hear if anyone had a maid design they liked for curvy girls?
>>
>>8744472
anything with a cinched waist+ full skirt would look best on bigger girls. it'll hide most unfortunate stomach/hip lumps and give a more hourglass appearance if they arent super huge
>>
>>8744441
i think the main reason that western cafes dont have the same cozy feel is that they're often set up in a ballroom or meeting space at a hotel- not in a restaurant designated for the cafe, so there's a limit to what you can do in terms of tables and permanent decorations
>>
Does anyone know if Hitomi (@home cafe premium maid in OPs pic) is in charge of EVERYTHING or does she still have to answer to a manager? Maybe more cafes in the west would be better if they had managers and not head maids wanting to be the top aidoru star. I have seen this at many cons I've been to that have established cafes
>>
>>8744484
That was my thought! Thank you
>>
>>8744491
I want to implement this concept into my maid cafe. We're still working on our concept. I've only visited Maidreamin, but I want our cafe to be heavily influenced by the way they're doing things
>>
>>8744488
I'm going to disagree. I've been to some maid cafes that were basically set up in office spaces decorated with a little frilly flair and still felt inviting and like a maid cafe because of the staff. To me, it's all about the details. It's creating an illusion. While a suitable space helps, something like a ballroom can work well and the limits are more on the capability of the staff. If someone looks and acts the part and the presentation of the meal is thematically proper (be it fancy traditional maid, Japanese-style, some kind of fantasy theme, etc) that's the key part. The space around the customer is more important than the space itself.
>>
>>8744491
I don't know about her specifically (I find @home cafe a bit overdone) but I'd say almost all the maid cafes fall into 2 categories. The first is it is run by some guy behind the scenes as a cash grab and may even have criminal ties. The second is that the maid cafe is either a vanity project or a means to fund another endeavor. The one I mentioned before, Schatzkiste, funds a doujin studio. I used to go to one called Cafe La Vie En Rose that was trying to fund an independent animation studio. They even had a gimmick where customers could voice act in the animation and receive a copy on DVD. The ladies in charge of the latter two usually do the concept design as well as handle the business.
>>
>>8744469

Now I'm kinda curious. Can you tell some especially cringy examples of western cafes? I want to do some research!
>>
>>8744378
I think the're cute. I've seen it a couple of time in japan when I live there. excuse my english. hope I said that right
>>
What do think about Tsundere cafe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwsmtBGBjV4

I would like a western version
>>
For those who are working/worked in maid cafes, do you guys do characters? Or just regular cutesy maids?

I joined a maid cafe and everything's still getting put together, most of us are planning to do anime archetypes, for example, I was thinking of putting on a chuuni character, I've never seen one done before and I have enough larping/RP experience to make it work.
>>
>>8744469
This x1000. The head maid in my cafe is constantly grabbing the microphone to talk about herself. I don't think she realizes no one cares.
>>
>>8744668
The maid cafe resource on fb has talked about this before. For the most part being cutesy works. If you have a character, as long as you commit and be consistent..and can read your customer's comfort levels pick an archetype.
>>
>>8744668
Personally going into a cafe and finding out their doing personas is a huge put off. unless you are doing a themed cafe and you are an actual character. it's creepy as hell
>>
>>8744661
Fun if you're into that. There's similar things in the west like where servers bully you. Without the context of moe, it comes off as annoying unless you are into being treated badly. The problem with the example in the video is that they are all tsun and no dere. The fun comes not in a bad attitude, but in her being reluctant to serve and eventually being embarrassed about enjoying your company.

These girls must have to try hard not to crack up doing this.

Oh shit, Arino is in that video! Awesome.
>>
>>8744668
Just be yourself, or just a nicer/polite version of yourself. Character can come across as unnatural and the guest may not understand if they've never been to a cafe before.
>>
>>8744668
It should feel natural. I find that the ones who overact (even in Japan) detract from the experience. They should be an exaggeration of your natural personality, not a character (unless it's like a cosplay cafe or something and the person can really nail the character impression).

The problem with this kind of stuff is that Western girls can very rarely pull off being moe. The moe aesthetic is just not part of our culture.
>>
>>8744661
there is something in the states like this. it's called "dicks last resort"
>>
>>8743795
Are you guys a legit dance team? How often do you practice?
One of the cafes in my state always pushes singing and dancing when they do events. Some of the girls are good dancers and some are hopeless looking.
>>
>>8744696
exactly. i remember another anon said in an earlier maid cafe thread that, while tsundere might be an anime personality you enjoy, it does not translate well into real life, since you have to be a good hostess and waitress, essentially. it just comes across as rude and would make everyone feel uncomfortable. the same goes for the 'ugguuuu im so shy and quiet and clumsy~~' personality- i can appreciate it in games and anime, but if someone serving me was acting like that i would feel so uncomfortable and would probably leave. i think you can do personalities to an extent (ex. you can be tomboyish and teasing, or a little on the shy side as long as guests can hear you and youre not covering your mouth 24/7) but if you go full anime you're not going to have happy guests
>>
>>8744710
Not that anon but definitely that last bit
I need an easy to follow dance that would still be fun to do, and entertaining to show.
Just writing that, i feel i need to settle for 2/3...
>>
>>8744759
It is fun to watch if everyone practices. You can tell
>>
Are there any maid outfits that look good with large boobs and smaller waists, but are still cute or at least standard enough to pair cute accessories onto? I'm trying to get one that really flatters my body but I can also wear cuter things with, bonus points if I could get purple as a color in it. I'm trying to see if being a maid who can do tarot, palm readings, and maybe even star charts could actually work. The food element is impossible to work with so I thought I'd find a weird niche and do something I love and know how to do.

Is posting genral inspo pics okay? I might later tonight when I'm at my pc.
>>
>>8744966
Sounds more like a witchy cafe than a maid cafe, but do what you want.

Speaking of food though,
With the exception of that egg with ketchup picture dish, what do you guys normally sell at your cafes? Or tend to buy when you go to them?
My cafe is themed, so every year we change our menu to the theme we picked.
>>
>>8743063
As a miku cosplayer, I am cringing in a thousand places
>which is hard to do being a miku cosplayer and all
but the girl on the right has potential...
>>
>>8744218
For privacy issues, I'll just say it's one located in Canada. Like >>8744298 said, it's pretty common for most Maid Cafes to cast love spells... Ours did do a bunch of mini-game challenges with prizes (kabedon, verse a maid, confess your love, etc) to stir up the fun.

>>8744469
This this this... They're nice girls, but I just think they don't realize what they're doing.

>>8744710
I don't know if we can say, "legit", but we'd practice once a week, and up to 3-4 times before a big show.

But yeah... some of them are incredibly talented, and some just don't put any effort or energy into it at all heh. That's why we try to split the girls into 3 different dance levels (easy, med, hard)
>>
>>8744668
Where I work, we act more bubbly, cheerful, and polite than our usual selves. I think to pull off a character, you'd have to be pretty good at stayin in char, and improvisation. Oh, and at least of a good actor... I think it's a turn off when you tell they're being shy/awkward about it.
>>
File: 243-1_original.png (432 KB, 440x444) Image search: [Google]
243-1_original.png
432 KB, 440x444
Okay, gonna dump maid things for inspo.
>>
File: tumblr_m8jo5uBIow1qds8mqo1_1280.jpg (471 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8jo5uBIow1qds8mqo1_1280.jpg
471 KB, 800x1067
>>8745674
>>
File: tumblr_mguvrhcMX71qb9ia7o1_540.jpg (391 KB, 500x797) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mguvrhcMX71qb9ia7o1_540.jpg
391 KB, 500x797
>>8745675
>>
File: tumblr_mwd6rjSgEI1t1r2v3o1_500.jpg (24 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwd6rjSgEI1t1r2v3o1_500.jpg
24 KB, 480x640
>>8745677
>>
File: tumblr_n2v6ncf9NY1rphxi0o1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2v6ncf9NY1rphxi0o1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x218
>>8745697
>>
File: tumblr_n45hf6QKsN1rw84vqo1_1280.jpg (101 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n45hf6QKsN1rw84vqo1_1280.jpg
101 KB, 640x640
>>8745698
>>
File: tumblr_nplnbou9xd1rm5wpxo1_500.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nplnbou9xd1rm5wpxo1_500.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>>8745699
>>
>>8745700
>>
>>8745701
>>
File: tumblr_nrluvur5Tz1r00ktjo2_400.png (155 KB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrluvur5Tz1r00ktjo2_400.png
155 KB, 400x234
>>8745702
>>
File: tumblr_nrqv1xIq4V1tjp0tqo1_1280.jpg (219 KB, 963x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrqv1xIq4V1tjp0tqo1_1280.jpg
219 KB, 963x1280
>>8745704
>>
>>8745705
>>
File: tumblr_nsvc57O2HC1sfet3to1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsvc57O2HC1sfet3to1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>8745708
>>
>>8745709
>>
File: tumblr_ntfyxwoqDd1st4z68o1_250.jpg (41 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntfyxwoqDd1st4z68o1_250.jpg
41 KB, 250x333
>>8745711
>>
File: tumblr_ntfyxwoqDd1st4z68o2_250.jpg (44 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntfyxwoqDd1st4z68o2_250.jpg
44 KB, 250x333
>>8745712
>>
File: tumblr_nthkckTyQW1ty38iao1_1280.png (338 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nthkckTyQW1ty38iao1_1280.png
338 KB, 620x800
>>8745714
>>
File: tumblr_ntxawed2kC1qjy5c1o1_1280.jpg (153 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntxawed2kC1qjy5c1o1_1280.jpg
153 KB, 768x1024
>>8745731
>>
>>8745733
>>
>>8745737
>>
File: tumblr_nud8v42tKA1st4z68o1_250.jpg (19 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nud8v42tKA1st4z68o1_250.jpg
19 KB, 250x375
>>8745738
>>
File: tumblr_nud8v42tKA1st4z68o2_250.jpg (14 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nud8v42tKA1st4z68o2_250.jpg
14 KB, 250x375
>>8745744
>>
>>8745745
>>
File: tumblr_nw1fa3cSUR1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg (106 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw1fa3cSUR1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg
106 KB, 480x640
>>8745750
>>
File: tumblr_nwbe4vzGA81u6i7n7o1_500.jpg (57 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwbe4vzGA81u6i7n7o1_500.jpg
57 KB, 480x360
>>8745751
>>
>>8745754
>>
File: tumblr_nykxsjzOlF1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg (25 KB, 497x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nykxsjzOlF1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg
25 KB, 497x720
>>8745755
>>
File: tumblr_nylb99pWtu1u6i7n7o2_400.jpg (57 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nylb99pWtu1u6i7n7o2_400.jpg
57 KB, 400x533
>>8745756
>>
File: tumblr_nylbbrkMNm1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg (90 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nylbbrkMNm1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg
90 KB, 480x640
>>8745763
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1024x681
>>
File: tumblr_nyogd2xJVg1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg (85 KB, 479x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyogd2xJVg1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg
85 KB, 479x480
>>8745764
>>
File: tumblr_nyp2mvGCAG1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg (94 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyp2mvGCAG1u6i7n7o1_500.jpg
94 KB, 480x640
>>8745770
last one ya'll, I'm going to bed, good lord it's almost 5 am over here
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 960x1280
Commencing mini dump!
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1024x765
>>8745806
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 640x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 640x520
>>8745807
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 480x640
>>8745808
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 1024x1365
>>8745809
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 640x480
>>8745825
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 480x640
>>8745826
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1024x576
>>8745827
>>
>>8744313
I might consider it except

>stretch you too thin
>drama
> the right people

I've run enough events myself that I know that it will be exhausting, that's why I really only specified helping with some specific stuff, I don't want to do it all. If I could get cute and competent maids, then I would be more willing to step up to bat and tackle the logistics, but none of my friends would be interested in that and I don't want to sort through the pile cringe/crazy that would apply through open recruiting just to get 2 decent picks.

There are some other reasons why I wouldn't want to start one myself, but mainly I don't think the end product would be worth the stress unless we could attract some cutie pie maids that are also reliable and won't flake (probably an impossible task).
>>
Why are cafes in the US so shit and cringey? I wish I lived in Europe their maid cafes seem quite decent in comparison to our ugly weebs...
>>
>>8745994
We have decent ones on the west side of the US
>>
>>8745674
tyvm anon
>>
File: boe.png (360 KB, 385x522) Image search: [Google]
boe.png
360 KB, 385x522
are there any tutorials on how to tie these back bows right?
>>
>>
Is it possible to buy the actual Maidreamin uniform?
>>
>Tfw too puggu and fat to be a kawaii maid even though you can bake and dance

Thanks for letting me live through you all maid-anons

Is it weird to just wear a maid outfit to a con if you are not a part of the cafe?
Is there a kei for maid wear?
>>
>>8744627
Any that Batty is involved is
>>
File: tumblr_nxron5uvEd1u9w6woo1_500.png (322 KB, 491x485) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxron5uvEd1u9w6woo1_500.png
322 KB, 491x485
>>8747796
man fuck it wear the maid costume anyway. just make sure it fits you. i think fat maids can def be cute
>>
>>8747816
Oh my gord I've never been interested in a maid cafe until now.
>>
>>8747816
Thanks anon I might make my own with a corset under to try and give myself a more flattering shape and make sure it fits my big man shoulders
Also love and stole your pic. Fat/chubby Asians are so cute
>>
File: pc.jpg (69 KB, 364x364) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
69 KB, 364x364
>>8747847
dont go too crazy with the corset though. a lot of fatties over do it and it's really obvious and does not look good.

joybank has some larger size maid costumes, but they are pretty prices. Now with cosmates gone you'll have to use a shopping service to get them.

http://joybank-shop.net/ja/index.php?mode=list&c=3
>>
>>8747814
Her cafe isn't really that bad, the uniforms are cute.
>>
>>8744668
I'm a head maid at a 7-year-old maid cafe in the Midwestern United States. I tell all my maids, of which there were about 50 last year (no joke...), that they ought to zero in on the points of their personalities which make them THEM. For instance, if you're shy, amp that shit up. If you're antisocial, amp it up. If you're ditzy, amp it up. Become you as a caricature of yourself, but do it in a way that's engaging with the customers. Customers are customers first and foremost. If they don't want to be entertained, for instance, and there are some that don't, leave them be.

It's a huge social experience, I've found. It's actually pretty interesting. You have to think about many levels.
>>
>>8748135
i agree with all those points, besides the antisocial one. other than the fact that it makes no sense for an antisocial person to join a maid cafe, wouldn't amping up antisocialness just make them hide in a corner and be awkward around guests? but i do like the idea of amping up good traits you already have (if you're shy/apologetic, be a cutesy shy maid, if you're upbeat, be super bubbly, etc) it's much easier than simply putting on a persona that's not like you at all
>>
>>8744488
I think the main reason is, that western cafés barely make any money and the maids don't get money at all. So they are not as dedicated as the professional ones in Japan.
>>
>>8744661
Almost every waitress from my city act like this
>>
>>8746811
Thankfully I remembered that I saved this link on Facebook. Sorry I can't post the entire link but gave the last half of the URL below.

tinyurl /gtkfsaf
>>
Does anyone have any ideas for games/interactive activities that could involve the entire Cafe at a con? I'm the Head Maids Second and I travel with her to different states to do Con Cafes. I've only done it twice at two different Cons and we do it in hour blocks with each block having a different theme. Like game board hour, w/e.
I was thinking maybe something like charades? Splitting the Cafe into teams with a Maid as the leader and they have to guess what shes acting. You know, things they could do without getting up from their tables.
>>
>>8748277
maybe something like a lottery or bingo with beverage/dessert or plushie as prize
>>
>>8747814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHwBulMy7k

This video is pretty cringy.
>>
>>8748508
it's lame but kind of endearing?

and isnt that what maid cafes are all about?
>>
>>8748508
> girl at 0:38
Holy fuck, that Japanese. I could barely hear what she was trying to say.
>>
>>8747041
Yes
>>
Do maid cafes hire male cooks?
I'd totally work at a maid cafe
>>
>>8749604
Are you talking about the Con Cafes? None of them hire cooks. None of the groups actually have kitchens and no one in the groups get paid. If they say their getting paid, their lying
>>
>>8749604
Some maid cafes have butlers.
>>
>>8747895
No of course not, I just cinch enough for some definition.
Thanks for the link.
>>
>>8748508
I needed that laugh thanks anon

> that creeper dude dancing behind them tho
>>
>>8748524
You have much to learn anon.
>>
>>8750387
Not that anon but I would give them a break as the video is four years old and their cafe has changed since then (pic related). They were/are(?) the standard of Western Maid Cafes since there's not much you can do without breaking rules at a convention.

At least they half of them are cute. I'm a little disappointed at the very end with the lack of enthusiasm and "magic spells" while stirring and the "here's my cleavage" but that's just their old uniform.
>>
Why is it every maid cafe thread becomes about AYS at some point? Are there just not any other cafes worth talking about?
>>
>>8750409
Their new uniform has an actual cleavage cutout though so not that much different.
>>
>>8750413
There is another maid cafe in the same state but they mainly do performance based events (dancing and singing). Not bad, but AYS is an actual consistent maid cafe.
>>
>>8746018
Really. Which ones anon.
>>
>>8747796
I've worn a maid apron over a dark kimono with huge swirly glasses and long braids as a last minute cosplay. No one gave a shit but I felt like a cute shy megane maid and that's all I wanted. No pics exist maybe I do it again at a colder con.
>>
Anybody know what Akiba in San Francisco was like before it closed? The reviews talk about their specialty being a baked bread box filled with fruit or ice cream but one of the menu items was a bread box full of more bread.
>>
>>8751051
It was a honey box and omg it was fucking delicious! A few friends of mine went there back in 2013 after Jpop one year!
>>
>>8748179

As in act "cool" like Jolyne Kujoh
>>
>>8748524
Give me 5 good reasons its "endearing" anon, and I'll give 10 reasons it's not.
>>
>>8753620
I guess I just don't have that big of a stick up my ass. It's nerdy and lame for sure, like I said in the first place. But nerdy and lame kind of has a special place in my heart. If you're going to a fuckin maid cafe in the first place, you aren't the coolest person in the universe.

But hey man, you think it's cringey and awful and the worst thing you've ever seen and you want to list 10 reasons why, and that's cool. But it's not that serious, and i aint that mad about it.
>>
>>8748508
Oh hey, that's Sandy.
>>
Do you often encounter customers who don't know anything about maid cafes? How do you act? Do you tone down the food spells, cutesy voice, stuff like that?
>>
>>8753722
You do your job. They clearly came for the experience. Otherwise they wouldnt bother coming into a maid cafe in the first place. If they get weirded out they don't have to ever come back.
>>
>>8753722
Take an extra moment to ask how they found out about the cafe, then explain what they are and why they do love spells.

If the guest makes it very clear they are not comfortable with the cutsey-ness, tone it back and talk to them very casually.
>>
http://ny.eater.com/2015/12/7/9864162/sailor-moon-cafe-new-york

oh joy.
>>
>>8753734

This. If you're in a reasonably major city you're going to get rando normies and you should really play down the act and aim for something more cordial, polite and servile over hyper weeb. I've worked a few service jobs including waitress and you have to gauge what people what and modify accordingly.Some people want to have nice chats with their server and some just want you to bring food and nothing else. Obviously anyone who sees a maid cafe on yelp and decides to go is expecting something different but please don't scare them away.

Please keep in mind people that even in Japan otaku culture is generally frowned upon and maid cafes are one of it's hallmarks
>>
File: RjFIaVS.gif (2 MB, 270x310) Image search: [Google]
RjFIaVS.gif
2 MB, 270x310
>>8753860
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.