[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roommate annoyances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: hotel.jpg (131 KB, 1080x630) Image search: [Google]
hotel.jpg
131 KB, 1080x630
I thought I'd start a thread for the little things roommates do that annoy you.

Being noisy on the toilet in the morning. Yes I realise you probably thought I was still asleep but I could have done without hearing you groaning on the toilet as you strained to take a dump

Snoring, enough said.
>>
My worst con roommate experience was at Katsucon 2015 when I shared a room with a semi-famous cosplayer and her super awkward boyfriend.

>>out until 3am or later every night, made a ton of noise coming in each time and woke everyone up
>>turned off the air conditioner at night because "it's February!!" Even though there were 6 people in the room, literally woke up in a puddle of sweat each morning
>>spent the whole time bitching about how shitty other people's costumes looked while saying "oh but you look cute anon"
>>bragged about how she was friends with jnig and how she ~could have~ roomed with them
>>boyfriend literally said zero words the entire time they were here, even when spoken to

...yeah. I'm never rooming with them again. That was my first (and probably last) Katsucon.
>>
>big group of friends maybe 12
>have two rooms next to each other at big con
>One designated quiet room one designated party night owl room
>group splits about 5 to quiet 7 to party
>couple in party room causes such drama that by the end of the weekend it was 2 to the party room and 10 in the quiet room
>>
>>8740234
What sort of drama?
>>
Things like:
> Dropping out from the convention too late for me to find replacements, or for a bullshit reason - had someone tell me, "I can't afford the convention" and then 2 days later I see they got a huge tattoo.

> Being disrespectful to the room/the person renting the room. Wasn't in my name but I felt so bad for the guy who rented it, people partied in the room and spilled drinks, wrecked furniture, smoked in a non-smoking room (to the point it was obvious), had strangers in the room where everyone's belongings were, etc.

> Being overly unreasonable while staying in a room with other people. It kind of goes both ways- don't be super loud at 6am while everyone is still sleeping, but don't be a jerk and go to bed at 9pm and get overly mad at people quietly coming in late. Don't hog the bathroom in the morning, try to get things done reasonably so everyone has a turn. If you're that particular/sensitive, it's probably best to room alone or with less people.
>>
>room with friend for first (and only) time
>friend has sleep apnea, doesn't tell anyone beforehand, doesn't bring that machine that helps him breathe
>snores absurdly loudly, sounds like an upset baby dinosaur
>fire alarm goes off, takes four minutes of shaking him and yelling in his ear before he wakes up
>doesn't get up when he wakes up, grunts and roll over flat on his face
>spend another two minutes trying to get him to move before throwing my hands up and saying, "fine, hope you don't die in a fire, I'm out"
>false alarm thankfully
>next day of con, brings a fat woman back to the room
>I come into the hotel room to find her walking around naked
>half-eaten pizza in the bathroom sink for some fucking reason
>room reeks like nothing I have ever smelled before

Dear god, never again. Never ever again. The pizza in the sink was the final straw. Why? Why would anyone put half eaten pizza in the goddamn sink? I don't understand. There was a trashcan near the sink. It wasn't full.
>>
>let three girls into my room for Fanime a few years ago because I had space and they needed it
>they're the nastiest, dirtiest hippies I've ever had to be around
>stank like patchouli oil and BO and cosplayed from the Lorax
>One was on her period
>Bled all over the bed and didn't wrap up her tampons when she put them in the trash
>They all peaced out early and left the remaining three of us to clean the room
>Welp you're never rooming with me again
>>
My #1 annoyance is people trimming wigs somewhere other than above a garbage can. It's a huge mess, and the little wig trimmings get stuck everywhere.

At this point, I only room with people who I've previously roomed with. I can't be bothered to deal with randoms anymore.
>>
>>8740271
Oh god. A guy I know has sleep apnoea and I slept in the same room as him after a party. It was like trying to sleep next to a deflating bouncy castle with two determined fat kids in it and half asleep me was terrified he wasn't going to make it to the next breath.
>>
>>8740297
It's hard to trim wigs above a garbage can. But yeah, I usually trim in the bathroom and lay down some newspaper for easy clean-up.
>>
my usual roomies are awesome but once a friend of a friend somehow ended up rooming with us. none of us knew her very well because she was only really friends with the person who booked the room, who ended up not being able to make it for health reasons. anyways our room was REALLY small -- like, two queen beds and barely any floor space. all of us except her got there on thursday, got our badges, settled in, etc. we had five or six people i don't remember and that first night we were all pretty comfortabe, all got bed space, etc.

so she shows up friday, none of us have her number or any idea what time she's getting there so we have basically no way of letting her in the room. FINALLY we work that out. but the next problem: she's a... bigger girl. and it was immediately apparent someone would have to sleep on the floor. all of us, including her, settled on the rule that whoever got back to the room last at night got the floor. fine, okay.

that night:
>"does anyone have a water bottle i can use?"
>"uh just the hotel ones but they might not be free"
>"whatever i'll pay for it if it isn't"
>dumps out the water, pulls out a fifth of malibu and pours it in
>classy
>(who tf willingly drinks straight malibu anyways shit's nasty)

that alone is whatever. she was out super late, last to get back, and whines a little but agrees to follow our agreed upon rule and sleeps on the floor.

entire next day will NOT SHUT UP about how bad her back hurts, whining about it constantly, spends most of the day in the room constructing a cosplay out of trash bags for some contest (????). the contest was on the internet mind you not the con

that night basically a repeat, goes out and comes back like two hours after everyone else and is super wasted, pitches a total fit over having to sleep on the floor again. the rest of us are tired, one of my friends had a really bad night, none of us want to fucking hear it. (cont.)
>>
>>8740297
>>8740301

a pet brush can help clump any trimmed hair up if you rub it over the carpet, making it easy to clean!
>>
I think one of my worse was the one where the room holder jacked our prices so her friend could stay for free. Of which was a freeloading absolutely good for nothing. And at the time homeless. But yea sure she should come to the con!
Blamed me the whole time cause I brought my therapy dog.
Then got huffy when I brought up I have a disability and needed a bed not the floor. (got a cot hurt all weekend but I was so upset the entire con from how i was treated)
Then the room holder brought the girl from Canada to stay over for a night. Of whom she wanted to sleep with the entire weekend. And would try to kick us out for it. (never happened the canadian girl even asked for my number because dealing with the room holder was such a strain on her. That she needed me to text where we were so she could avoid her.)
2 of the guys likely brought drugs in the other room and were so shady I think the maid reported them.
I just after that ALWAYS got my own room.
>>
>>8740325
SO my one friend, the one who had a bad night and is the most pissed off, just gives in and offers to take the floor. this one friend is very small, and has been sharing the bed with me (also very small) and my gf (normal sized) the past two nights.

she collapses into bed next to me and the gf and is immediately taking up like half the space. it's ridiculous. i don't think i got more than four hours total sleep that night, i was practically laying on top of my girlfriend the entire night so it was just super uncomfortable.

next morning, we all get up, get in our lazy sunday cosplays getting ready to check out of the hotel etc. she's still in bed. me and the rest of my usual roomies are pretty on top of checkout because we don't want to get charged extra fuck that. everyone's ready to go, almost time for checkout, and... she's still in bed. complaining to be sick and doesn't want to get up. and we're all just rolling our eyes super hard because we know you're not sick you're fucking hungover suck it up you did this to yourself. so she refuses to leave and my friend in charge of the room ends up having to ask for a later checkout, which THANKFULLY they didn't charge us for but we were all understandably annoyed.

well the roomies and i headed to the con and most of us travelled home together so we had a pretty good day after that but the whole weekend was just one annoyance after another, i think all of us have kind of silently agreed we're never rooming with her again

i still kind of lowkey side-eye her when i see her around cons/the comm not gonna lie
>>
>>8740331
Did any of you say you weren't paying a higher price so her friend could stay for free?
>>
Happened a couple of years back at Pax East

I took the single bed in the room, there was one single, and two doubles.

Person who booked the room arrived back later than us and told me that she was supposed to be sleeping in the single bed and that she'd was paying $100 more than the rest of us (we were paying $50 each) to guarantee she'd get the single bed.

Bitch.

There were 3 people in each of the doubles and 1 person on the floor.

If she wanted the single bed she should have said it when we arrived.

I even had to clear her stuff off the bed before I could use it, everyone else had their stuff on the floor.
>>
>>8740342
That's the thing, was told AFTER the con. That she'd raised the prices. But that it was ok cause we were all 'friends'
>>
- coming back super late and being loud when people are trying to sleep
- leaving shit all over the room and making a mess
- being messy in the bathroom
- hogging the bathroom so others can't get in
- bringing strangers and other randos up to our room
- and have to strongly agree on the snoring.
>>
>reserve a con suite for the weekend of ACen
>5 ladies staying
>4 of them are on their period that weekend
>1 bathroom

There was lots of chocolate and wine consumed that weekend. Our trash can was constantly full with blood.
>>
I have one friend who...is pretty annoying in regular life, but during cons she gets really fucking annoying to deal with. I didn't have to room with her at my last main con, and hopefully I don't have to room with her again at the next one. She pretty much becomes a diva.

>wakes up wicked early (5-6 AM) even though con doesn't normally get going until 9
>not many places in the area even open for breakfast so she eats weird gross health food for breakfast cause who knows why, but makes SO MUCH NOISE eating and wakes everyone up
>one day she wakes us up chomping on rice cakes a friend brought to share with the room, ask her if she could eat more quietly
>wake up and get ready around 8-9, notice there's a whole rice cake with 1 bite taken out of it in the garbage
>"who took one bite out of a rice cake and threw it away?"
>"well, you told me to stop eating" no we didn't. she doesn't understand she's being wasteful either
>after this, asks to try a bite of another snack the same friend brought. takes 1 bite and puts it back in friends purse without saying anything, half unwrapped.
>she finds crumbs all inside her backpack later when she tried to get her camera out

other weird things she's done
>brought a blender to a con and spilled it all over the bathroom
she cleaned her own shit up but not everyone elses or the rest of the counter

>we all buy a pizza, ask if she wants some so she can chip in some cash but declines and says she isn't hungry
>we all start eating it and suddenly she starts asking us if we're going to "eat that" and picks at our leftover crusts and half eaten slices???
>>
>>8740379
>she cleaned her own shit up but not everyone elses or the rest of the counter

Uh why is she obligated to pick up after other people?
>>
>>8740379
another time
>just got back from a funimation premiere, she didn't come cause she wasn't into it
>we all were bonding over it in the hotel room, laughing, begin looking up funny stuff related to it on someone's phone
>she just sits in the corner and refuses to interact with us even when we invite her to come look
>suddenly goes "can you guys stop doing that? i'm feeling really left out right now and you guys aren't doing anything with me."
>thought one of our friends was gonna jump off the bed and smack her in the mouth
>instead she gets confronted about how all day we kept inviting her to things but she just kept refusing because she wasn't into it, even though she drags us to things we aren't interested in all the time

she's my friend and I enjoy her company from time to time but when she gets into cosplay mode she is such a diva. it's really annoying. she forgets that there are people around her and she acts like everyone needs to stop what they're doing and give her attention. i'm just sick of her making everyone else try to make accomodations for her but she refuses to help anyone else out.
>>
>>8740381
did you miss the part that said
>brought a blender and spilled it all over the bathroom

if she's the one who made the mess, SHE's the one who needs to clean it up.
>>
>>8740379
you sound high maintenance
>>
>>8740386
how am I high maintenance? I agree that some of the stuff is petty but this is an annoyance thread. are you telling me that some of the stuff she does isn't the slightest bit annoying?
>>
>>8740381
I think what happened was she spilled on everyone's stuff but only cleaned the stuff that was her's.
>>
>>8740386
>>8740381

Are you the person this anon is writing about or something?
>>
>>8740234
i think i visited this room. lmao
>>
I have a friend who has medical needs. this is her story but I was so livid at it. She needs a room key to get in the room for medication. The room holder was a humongous cunt about it. Even bitching about the rule she made that she'd let her in after given my friend's medical history.
Any time my friend would need her meds she'd bitch and moan about having to leave whatever event she was at. Just berating her for pretty much breathing in her existence.

I've since told her if I'm attending the con she is. Come to my room. like holy shit hotels don't hoard the keys even? I once had 7 cards for a family visit because my ailing great aunt kept losing it.
>>
>>8740386
You sound like someone who eats fucking loud.
>>
>>8740271
what the actual fuck
>>
The ones who are absolute terrible snorers. You thought Fred Flintstone was bad. Better to see the doctor for that. Maybe take some salt cave therapies to loosen the mucus and open up the bronchial tubes.
Or ones being just loud awake obnoxious immature groups thinking about posting something embarrassing online and not being respectful to those who are first-shift workers sleeping.
>>
For me it has to be those who do costumes in the room then whine about not attending the con
>>
>>8740226
All of them seem like a complain except for the last one.
>>
>be at con about a week ago
>never roomed with these people before
>room is set up where the sink is in the main part of the room instead of being in the bathroom
>soon realize that I am the only one that washes their hands after going to the bathroom
>only one person other than myself brushes their teeth
>wake up one morning on the very edge of my side of the bed
>"what is this incredible pressure on my head and back???"
>bedmate is spread diagonally across bed and is partially on top of me
>next night
>get back to room kind of late
>try to get into bed in the dark
>"why can't I get under these goddamn blankets???"
>bedmate brought her own blanket
>decided that if she wasn't using the hotel blankets she might as well sleep directly on top of them so no one else could fucking use them
>try to pull the blankets out from under her/wake her up
>she sleeps like a fucking brick
>lay awake until 6 am listening to her occasionally grinding her teeth
>>
>>8740297
It's hard to trim wigs over a garbage can anon. I'm not sure why that would be a problem to see a few hairs as long as they are not all over the bathroom floor and everywhere.

I really hate people who drink. I can stand snorers because I have relatives who snore but I can't stand drunk people. Almost every single person who drinks booze I've roomed up with and/or smoked weed always made it difficult to the point that if I have to room up with someone I announce "Do not room up with me if you can't control your booze consumption." It wouldn't be so bad if most people who go to anime conventions go there to get trashed if they drink. I know I sound like a tight ass but I had to deal with:
>Someone getting sick in the bathroom
>Someone spilling or using red dye in the tube for no reason.
>Already have a phobia of vomit
>Drink to the point of vomit and hungover all day at the con in the bathroom that we share with five other people
>Plugging up the toilet with stuff to the point that it overflows
>Molesting other roommates
>>
File: 1448766204319.gif (456 KB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
1448766204319.gif
456 KB, 480x361
I try to be the best roomie I can but I always feel like a hindrance

Good
>Replace old towels and get new ones for everyone
>Get extra pillows for everyone
>try to take up as little space as possible

Bad
>Get blamed for shit I didn't do
>Have arguments for minor gripes

I know it's just the people I room with and this has only (thankfully) happened once but it's like fuck man

HERE'S SOMETHING I WAS PISSED ABOUT THOUGH FOR SAID PEOPLE I MENTIONED
>Been walking all day
>Be night time
>Me and pals walked blocks back to the hotel
>Carrying mexican food in hand
>Can't wait to fall on bed and sleep after all this
>Come back
>30 something person party happening in room
>Killme.mp4
>Roommate apologizes profusely
>We wait outside for what seemed like 30 minutes
>Everyone leaves
>Somebody puked in the room and passed out on our bed
>me
>>
>rooming for a con with husband's friends
>there's another couple so I won't be the only girl in the group
>make usual party room/quiet room
>both couples wanted quiet room because we had to wake up early all 3 days
>two of the dudes who wanted to sleep in the quiet room beta'd out and splurged way too much money for another room because omg girls
>they later complain that they're broke at the con
>never again.jpg

I didn't think that kind of shit happened in real life? I though stories of dudes getting mom's spaghetti were mostly fake.
>>
>room with close friends that i haven't roomed with before
>sleep fairly early for a con but don't really care if there's light/normal amount of noise
>1 am, asleep in bed
>roommates come back briefly from partying
>bring an obnoxious mutual friend in with them
>mutual friend is noisy as fuck
>SITS ON BED AND BUGS ME UNTIL I AM AWAKE
>holy shit why
>>
I don't really get why people who party room with people who don't party. It just seems all around bad for everyone.

>Tfw no stories because you only room with people you're sleeping with, in all meanings of the phrase.
>>
Please don't bring people I don't know into the room while I am still asleep.

I do not care if it is the last day of the con.
I do not care that I am the "odd man out" who sleeps on the chair/floor.
I do not care that the guy you're bringing in is a nice person everyone else already knows.

Don't fucking do it.
>>
>>8740379
There are only 2 things wrong with this

>after this, asks to try a bite of another snack the same friend brought. takes 1 bite and puts it back in friends purse without saying anything, half unwrapped.

and

>she cleaned her own shit up but not everyone elses or the rest of the counter

Even then, she sounds nice enough that she would have cleaned the stuff up if you had just asked her.

The rest of it makes you seem like a cunt.
>>
Be the only guy in a hotel room full of females who happen to be cosplay senpais.
Became friends after the con.
>>
>>8740356
I can see why someone would pay more at the con itself because you need the place to sleep/put your stuff. But afterward? Fuck that. You're getting the agreed amount and not a penny more.
>>
>>8740331
>muh "therapy" dog (not service dog).
>muh disability so minor I need to mention it.
You actually sound pretty obnoxious
>>
>>8740351
>Person booked the room AND paid more than you guys
>Calling her a bitch because you didn't get the sweet single
Go cry more, you sound like a brat. The room booker should get their choice of beds even IF she wasn't paying extra (which was way more than she needed to imo). Oh no boohoo you had to move your stuff off the bed, the ~horror~ what a total bitch... book your own room next time if you don't like it.
>>
Hindsight is 20/20, this happened when I was young, naive and had way too much trust in people.

>First 'big' con, out of town, I was going to be rooming with a group of about twenty, split up between three rooms.
>I was in with the group because of a girl I'll call 'A'.
>A seemed nice, she was in charge of the rooms, had set everything up and knew everyone in the whole group, at least at an acquaintance level.
>Also was an opportunist and super bad with money.
>We get there, check in, her check hasn't cleared (so she says). Puts rooms on one of the guy's card. I don't know this, I was watching the stuff.
>Two of A's out of town friends insist that A quoted them $20 for the whole weekend, that's all they can pay.
>A says ok, and asks me and a few others for $40 more each to make up for her fuck up.
>I'm new to cons, don't want to get thrown out, do it.

Fast forward 5 years, I'm dating the guy the guy who put the room on his card, we're talking about the con with friends, someone asks if A ever paid him her share. He said no, because A insisted she was broke, her check didn't cover it, yadda yadda. I'm pretty sure she pocketed the money she collected from the newbs and I and never paid my boyfriend that either. I'm beyond pissed, even now.
>>
>>8740875
Forgot to mention, the room cost for us was $150.
>>
>>8740297
Why do cosplayers do this? Why trim your wigs in the hotel? Why not do it prior to the convention???
>>
>>8740271
> sounds like an upset baby dinosaur
m'keked loud
>>
>>8740885
Because if you're behind with your costume, trimming a wig is something that can easily be done anywhere without the sewing machine you left at home. And most people clean the wig hair up when they're done, anyone who doesn't cut a wig in the corner and clean up is inconsiderate.
>>
>>8740808
In what way does she sound nice?
>>
>>8740191
>>8740191
Why not stop spending all your Money in a half assed attempt to fulfill your "I want to be a princess " fantasy and put it towards being able to afford your own place? Oh that's right, your priorities are fucked up and you'd rather sit here and bitch over being an overgrown child playing dress up and playing the victim role. Get over yourself and grow the fuck up. If you're bitching about roommates you probably shouldn't be spending Money on expensive clothes and accessories, you should put it towards being an adult and taking care of your own shit.
Btw YOU sound like you'd be an obnoxious roomate
>>
>>8740594
unless you're the head of the room, stfu.
>>
>>8740382
oh my god, people like that are the worst. you're not 5 and im not your parent- you dont need my attention 24/7. the whole sulking in the corner thing drives me up the wall, but im glad you guys didnt coddle her.
>>
File: bad time.png (101 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
bad time.png
101 KB, 900x900
>>8740955
Christ anon, who shit in your cornflakes?
>>
>>8740589
Same. I only room with good friends.
The absolute worst story I have is just when I didn't have a roomkey and ended up wasting a good 4 hours because my friend didn't tell me it was okay to head back to the room.

Slightly jealous that I don't have good drama, but at the same time, I don't want to experience that level of cringe and pain.
>>
If you have any allergies let your roommates know.
Don't intentionally poison your roommates

>stay with 2 friends
> Friend A has food allergy that makes it hard for her to breathe and gives her sweats and hives
>We order takeout
>She specifies to them not to put Xfood in.
>Food arrives
>B has food with really nice sauce in it, tells people to try
>A asks whats in it to make sure she can eat it
>B says she can
>Fast forward an hour A is having allergy attack
>Forgot to bring her meds because it's rare that an attack happens because she normally doesn't ingest any of the food. It's not airborne so not a total nightmare.
>Turns out B's sauce had Xfood in it and she "forgot" to tell A
>A needs to sleep by open window to recover
>B complains about the window being open because it's cold and you can hear the con party
>B is sleeping by heater but doesn't want to turn it on.
>I hear A suffering all night long
>A has to have her parents come pick her up 7am next morning and misses 2 con days.
>B says shes glad A is gone because her faking being ill was "such a downer" because B was cold all night.

I get A should have bright her meds but she would have been fine if B didn't lie about what was in the food. A normally checks packets but there were none because it was takeout.

SO I have a new rule of no food that anyone has allergies to is allowed in the room.
>>
>>8740955
Did you know the Dead Sea is the 2nd saltiest place on Earth, closely following your salty cunt?
>>
>>8740974
Sounds like B had a grudge against A to begin with, honestly.
>>
>>8740974

Please tell me you bitched B out.
>>
>>8740977
>>8740980
Well thing is
A and B were both competing in the cosplay contest on the Sunday.
I don't know if it were intentional but I think B might have tried to get A to drop out.

But this happened on Friday and a sensible poisoner would do it the night before so A would have less chance of recovering in time.

B didn't win because she's not good at sewing and is a armour build, whereas A wins a lot because she's a good seamstress.
>>
>>8740351
>>I even had to clear her stuff off the bed before I could use it, everyone else had their stuff on the floor.

You mean... she had claimed the bed with her stuff and you moved it so you could sleep on it? Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>8740351
Her stuff was on the bed, you're an asshole, not her. She put her stuff there to claim the space--just because she didn't verbally announce her intentions doesn't mean you should have just assumed. And you're still holding a fucking grudge over it? You're the nightmare roommate.
>>
>>8740984
Talking of competing

>If a roommate has early pre-judging don't shit on them for going to bed early
>They should get up earlier to get ready without rush
>If you happen to get into conflict over something like the mirror, let them have it. They'll props be gone soon
>Don't cause drama on competition mornings.
>If they need help let them
>>
>>8740549
THIS. THIS SO MUCH. I hear the vomiting in the bathroom and it ruins my entire experience. I held my pee for the rest of the night.
>>
>having roommates
Nope.
>>
>>8740984
Oh
Oh that was definitely intentional.
>>
i feel bad now with everyone complaining people snoring because i used to snore pretty bad. but i knew it was a problem for me, and i felt bad about it at the time even. but at least i always warned my roommates beforehand, and i stay with the same group give or take a few at every con so i guess after the first time they knew what they were getting into. they always assured me it was no problem but i still felt super guilty about it.

thank god i got my fucking enormous tonsils out and don't have that problem anymore.
>>
>>8740991
I always get very excited when a friend asks me to help with their last-minute fixes. It's like a sleepover.
>>
>>8741032
You sound like a wonderful friend and an awesome roommate DESU.
>>
>taking all of my food and snacks when they know I have a medical problem
>giving 14 and 16 year olds shots in the room (I told them previously that if caught, I can get fired since I'm a bartender)
>throwing my merch around while drunk
>cutting wigs on the carpet and not picking up the clippings
>painting boots in the hotel room with no newspaper down

I'm so leery to room with people my friends suggest, all of the above happened at one con
>>
>>8740991

>don't cause drama on competition mornings

This so fucking much. If you're gonna pick a stupid fight, pick it after the competition. If I'm being a pain in the ass, by all means tell me, but please wait until after judging.
>>
I never really had problems with rooming with my friends. There were instances at room parties but I was just as drunk so I don't count that hah.

Once though, my friends and I decided to splurge and stay at the con hotel, and the head of the room planned it out perfectly and we all chipped in money on time. Except last minute, an old former friend of hers showed up out of nowhere and asked if she could room with us. We were okay with it but unfortunately she'd have to sleep on the floor since we had no room.

She agrees and is just an annoying fucktard at the con. A total normie so she's taking pics of people without permission, screaming KOWAYYY, and whining about the con in general. She pretends to act cute in front of our guy friends but is super snobby in front of us girls, and tries to get the guys to buy her everything. Becomes obvious she's just a free loader since the room head admitted her family is rich and spoils her.

The girl also starts whining how the room head doesn't spend enough time with her when this girl showed up out of nowhere after no contact for a long time and room head already made plans with us. Proceeds to have fun at the rave and then comes in super late around 3am making noise as she gets ready for bed and then whine about having the floor. In the morning she whines about breakfast and tries to make us fetch us her things for her. Also does this later again and bosses room head around to get her backpack and shit when room head had a photo shoot to attend. (1/2)
>>
>>8741129
Room head is a bit of a pushover so anything that goes wrong, the girl blames it on her. Apparently the girl needs to leave early so she needs to get her stuff and tries to make the room head pack for her. We tell her no, she needs to do that shit herself. She finally gives in and does it but she then blames our room head for being late since she wouldn't help her. Eventually verbally berates the roomhead into crying so we get fed up at this point.

Eventually we all agreed to make her pay $40 for all the food and stuff she freeloaded from us and make it feel at least worth dealing with her shrill ass. Once room head tries to talk to her about it, girl throws a tantrum and tries to guiltrip room head but we have our friend's back. The girl starts crying and literally throws the money on the floor before walking away. And since then, we never interact with that brat. (2/2)
>>
>>8741130
>Tries to make the room head pack for her

What the everliving fuck? I've heard of spoiled brats being demanding and childish but that's RIDICULOUS.
>>
>>8740955
>put it towards being able to afford your own place?
the thread is about convention roommates, not flatmates. please see me after class to work on your reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>8740955
this is for con roommates, like in a hotel room not for house ones...
>>
>>8741125
sounds like a nightmare.
>>
>>8740549
All of these reasons and more are why my rooms are no alcohol/no drugs.
> usual room crew is super chill with it because they don't want the stress of running the room and dealing with cleanup
> one year, everyone was out of town or unable to attend for whatever reason, found a different group of friends and acquaintances
> lay out rules and make sure everyone in the group is okay with them, they all agree
> get to con, meet up, everything seems cool until the first night
> three snorers, one bad case of BO, and LOTS of mess
> deep breaths, I can handle this
> get back from con Saturday night to find them trying to hide handles from me
> one roomie comes back hammered and starts harassing me
> DEEP BREATHS I CAN HANDLE THIS
I survived without blowing up at anyone and I probably sound like a total killjoy but rules are rules. Don't agree to then if you're going to flaunt them and lie to my face.
>>
File: kkd9aPIl01rj3lq1.png (130 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
kkd9aPIl01rj3lq1.png
130 KB, 500x535
>>8741129
>>8741130
i will never understand rich people. all of those cartoonish stereotypes are right on the money apparently.
>>
>>8741173
It's honestly pretty hard to follow those types of rules at cons. I personally tell myself "no drinking" every con I go to, and I always end up shitfaced within 30 minutes of arriving at the con.
Not saying it's okay, just that it's easy to agree to things beforehand and then drop it as soon as you get into it.

Thankfully I only ever share with people who either drink as much as I do or people who think drunk people are absolutely hilarious. We're all adults who know how to control ourselves when drunk and all of my many mutuals know each other so there's never any forbidden room paties happening that any potential roommate wouldn't be okay with. Good times.

And thankfully I'm also one of those few people who don't give a shit if anyone in the room snores. My dad snores really loudly in the room next to me every night, so I guess I'm just used to it. Only time it bothered me was my former con-roomie whose snoring changed in rythm and type of noise every 10 seconds, only time I ever wanted to punch someone at a convention. A shame cause he's fun to share with, but never again do I want to deal with that snoring.

I do have two horror stories, but it's mostly just boring internal drama.
Came back to the room that had been booked in my name, on the last day of the con only to hear my roomies, one of them my kind-of-boyfriend, talking mad shit about me after they had been giving me the cold shoulder from morning till evening all weekend. That was a bad weekend.
>>
>>8740861
And you sound retarded. Op stated disability because they needed a bed for it. Stop being a salty cunt. Bet you're the annoying freeloader
>>
>>8741167
It was, by far, the worst con experience I have ever had the displeasure of going through

It was god awful and they never apologized

The room was trashed and I knew we were going to be charged extra for cleaning, so I packed the night before and dipped out early in the morning so I wouldn't have to pay extra.
>>
These threads are exactly why it's just me and my brother in a 2 bed hotel room at every con.

The only problem we've ever had was he brought some girl back to hookup with last con and didn't lock the door. I opened the door and saw 2 sets of feet then turned around and went back to the lobby for a while until I got the all clear text.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443491041699.jpg (25 KB, 600x710) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443491041699.jpg
25 KB, 600x710
I have a large cosplay group, and for awhile we all roomed together (11 of us) but lately that stopped because some members of the group were sloppy hoes.
>Moving people's stuff and not putting it back
>Using up all my goddamn makeup wipes without asking
>Smearing makeup all over the bathroom counter/floors
>Not cleaning up their bedding in the morning so people trip over it all day
>Inviting random friends up to the room without clearing it with everyone else.
>Eating my food without asking

I'm honestly a pretty chill room mate but some things drive me nuts.
>>
>>8740861
Wow you're an assole. Bet you're that one friend that freeloaded.
Like seriously how can you shit on therapy dogs. For all we know OP has severe Anxieties that bring on panic attacks that aggravate a disability. Like what you need a full medical history before you're satisfied?
>>
>>8741271
>Eating my food without asking
This happens so often to people in these threads and I just can. not. comprehend it. Just fucking ask before you eat other people's food! I don't understand HOW these people think it's okay to just take people's shit without asking? I don't get it at all. Is there ANY possible explanation for their line of thinking? Honestly.
>>
>>8741288
I think a lot of it is they don't see it as anon's food. They see it as it's in the hotel and we all paid so I can eat what I want. That's how it was 'explained' to me. When I confronted about all my fruit bars being gone as I had a sensitive stomach that weekend and didn't want heavy fast foods
>>
>>8741288
Yeah, and the thing is, I'm usually perfectly fine sharing my food if people ask, bu the worst fucking thing is when you go to the room ready for a specific snack and find out someone's fucking ate it.
>>
>>8741288
I pretty much stopped sharing food with other people after realizing how easy it is to get shit like herpes. A lot of people aren't even aware of it when they have it.
>>
>>8741298
Wow has that happened at a con?
>>
>>8741288
>>8741292
the fun ones are when people have it in their luggage and it still gets eaten
>>
>>8741302
oh god yea. Had dried snacks in mine. gone and stuffed under the bed.
>>
I travelled with my friends to a convention that was out of state and we have 2 rooms to share amongst ourselves.

Room A is the room my boyfriend & I were in, along with another couple. Other friends jokingly called our room 'the flashbang room'
>pretty tidy & clean all the time as the boyfriends are quite a clean freak
>only one person does midnight rushing for costume, so we all helped her out & cleaned up for her
>all belongings laid out nicely and separated so they do not get mixed up
Even though my closer friends are in the other room, I'm so happy to be in this room, no fuss no mess no issue. Everyone is so chill it's relaxing.

On the other hand...
Room B has 3 girls and 1 guy, all of them are rushing costumes throughout the convention. So it gets pretty messy...
>tools lying all over the place, with paint tubs on the floor and all
>beds are covered by items, no time for tidying and all
>luggages are littered around as one of the girls are quite notorious in not knowing how to organize her stuffs
As much as we will like to help them, we can't tidy things up without their help. So it is messy throughout the stay.

And our room somehow turns to a safety harbour when things happened at room B. We once had the guy at room B came hiding in our room as one of the girls decided to come out naked after showering. She was giving the excuse of forgetting to bring her change of clothes in & took her own sweet time in finding clothes. At the end my boyfriend & I escorted him back to room B to check things out.
>>
>>8741288

This is why I always make clear that the food I bring in is for the room, and if there's anything else brought in I make sure to designate it as either mine or "ours". I think it should be up to room heads to remember to make the distinction, honestly. It's not hard.
>>
>>8740985
Sounds like she claimed the bed after it had already been taken by anon. The girl who booked the room didn't say anything about having the single bed and just ousted anon without warning if I read correctly.
>>
I thought of one. We had a really mopey girl in the room. And she just wouldn't really tell us what's wrong. But if we were talking to ourselves. She'd sigh in a really exasperated way. As if we were purposely ignoring her. It went on for a few minutes. When we asked she looked to her friend of the group and just went in on her. That she knew she was upset about her boyfriend. And how dare she not comfort her. She ended up making the friend cry. No one really knew what to do. It ended with her going on fb after. And just tearing into that friend again. She has since been removed. But god it was just so petty.
And for the boyfriend drama. Apparently he dumped her for being a drama queen.
>>
>>8740984
>I don't know if it were intentional but I think B might have tried to get A to drop out.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that she did
>>
>>8741336
Stuff on a bed means that a bed has been claimed, it's not the room booker's fault if anon is too thick to realise that
>>
>>8741242

Just because you have no self control, doesn't make it hard.

Don't agree to a non drinking room and then break the rule. There are plenty of rooms with other drinkers
>>
>>8740955
OP here, my cosplay this year cost less than 10e, white shirt + orange dye + cheapo dessert glasses + green jelly + a pair of my shorts + my father's baseball cap = Jimmy Buffett/Jurassic World's margarita man
>>
>>8740351
So let me get this straight
>room head lets you pay a cheaper price since it's a floor spot
>doesn't explicitly state it's a floor spot
>someone has the single bed claimed while six people are trying to share two doubles
>anon doesn't like people so wants the single
>sees shit on the single, removes it
>room head later shows up and remembers that you paid the normal amount and forgot to mention that the single bed is off limits to you
>anon realizes that they have to either share breathing space with other humans or sleep on the floor
>cries about the horrific experience on 4chan

You paid $50 for a place to sleep during the whole con and keep your shit there. That's a steal. If you really wanted that single, you should have offered the girl $100 to buy out her spot.
>>
>>8740991
Don't hog the bathroom for an hour putting on make up, some of us need to shit
>>
>>8741173
I'm so sorry anon.
>>
>>8741242
The issue I had is that someone drinking in a non drinking room. I don't mind people drinking but honestly who would want to pay for the extra money of cleaning out vomit from a bed or an A/C? The person who did it isn't going to do it. I know two friends who had to pay out of pocket for costs of other friends and one who straight up left the hotel before the staff could find out that they trashed the room. Didn't even tip the housekeeping service.
>>
>>8741266
>He brought some girl back to hook up with
You should honestly just room up by yourself. What if your brother brings back some other people who steal your stuff among other things? Unless you set ground rules and all.
>>
I always bring cash because it seems Congoers either don't tip or when they do, figure the accumulated loose change is enough (it's kind of rude). I mean as a regular business traveler I know that but even as a child I was taught the generally accepted ways to leave a tip.

Also,
>4 people to a 2 bed room
>share bed with a friend I've known for about 5 years
>the one teenager in the group is convinced I'm gonna sleepfuck my bedmate

Christ I haven't humped anything in my sleep since I was 12.
>>
>>8740984
It seemed pretty damn intentional to me.
>>
>>8741288
I don't get that either. People are just raised spoiled and without manners. Just ask before you use something that isn't yours - people should've learned this in kindergarten but apparently didn't. You'd think this was just people who are teenagers and it's their first time out of mommy & daddy's house - no, sometimes it's grown adults in their late 20s/early 30s doing this!!

I stayed at a convention awhile back. Friend A was driving up so she brought a case of water, groceries, a cooler, booze, etc. I chipped in a bunch of money for it and ended up not eating much of it. Friend B didn't contribute anything to it and ate a whole bunch of it. That annoyed me. I can understand being tight on money, but you don't stick your friends with the bill. The worst thing was - it was one of those situations where on the one hand she's complaining about how she's broke, but mysteriously can buy a bunch of expensive items at the convention.

I won't be rooming with Friend B again, although there are additional reasons for that - just a bunch of selfish things she did that I don't feel like dealing with when I just want to enjoy a convention. She's a nice person otherwise, but I don't want to share a living space with her.
>>
>>8741281
You're not on tumblr right now, you know.
>>
>>8741436
Dif anon but
Is that your best hit really?
>This person called me out for being a shitstain
>Must insult with tumblr ha ya that showed
them

Go be a salty cunt elsewhere you were being a dick and nitpicking a decent con horror story.
>>
>>8741397
I don't leave valuables laying out in hotel rooms just in case (its surprisingly easy to hack those keycard locks). I keep my money and such with me or well hidden. Besides I'm pretty sure they were never out of each others sight and she left right after.
>>
>>8741450
Nah. Stop defending "therapy dogs". It's just a dog. You don't need it for any legitimate reason that you could just take meds for instead. Unless you're using it as a guide dog because your vision is impaired, it's just a regular fucking dog.
>>
>>8741459
Wow you are a salty retard. Therapy dogs are used for mental disorders, and for soldiers with PTSD. They are proven to ease better and help with stress related disorders.

Go be a failure in life elsewhere retard. Better yet go put a plastic bag on your head.
>>
>>8741468
Yeah but why bother going to a convention if you have a disorder so bad that you need a dog?
>>
>>8741468
It's just a dog.
>>
The 'lady' in charge of the room I was supposed to be staying in at Dragon Con was a huge epic thundertwat.

When I showed up she flipped her shit and said 'you didn't say you were bringing a baby with you!' and booted us from the room because she has 'sound sensitivities' and can't cope with babies crying so some such bullshit

I wish she had us pay with paypal before the con like some other people do instead of asking people to pay in cash at the con, that way I could have opened a pay pal dispute with her.
>>
>>8741468
>muh mental disorders!!!!!!!
>calling me a retard
Uh huh, you sure do care about people with mental disorders and disabilities.
>>
>>8741480
Did you not listen? Therapy dogs are used to prevent attacks. They can stop a person with Asperger's from attacking themselves. Can ease a soldier out of flashback.
Like we don't know OP's issues. For all we know the dog helps with attacks.
And really? That's your logic stay home never have fun never rise above your issues. You sound miserable as fuck.
>>
>>8741482
And you're just a salty cunt over a con horror story on cgl. So I think the dog trumps you.
>>
>>8741488
Well, did you state that you were bringing a baby with you? Because I could understand why someone wouldn't want to room with a fucking infant in the room. Her flipping her shit is kinda unwarranted though.
>>
File: 1439849165120.gif (939 KB, 255x164) Image search: [Google]
1439849165120.gif
939 KB, 255x164
>>8741342
>And she just wouldn't really tell us what's wrong
>She'd sigh in a really exasperated way
Up the fucking wall
>>
>>8741459
>It's just a dog
>it's just a regular fucking dog
You really don't know what you're talking about do you?
>>
I love that people are focusing on dog Op bringing the dog to a con. Rather than the fact they were overcharged for a freeloader. Ya'll are idiots, I'd take a dog that if trained likely is gonna leave me alone. Over some freeloading bitch anyday.
>>
>>8741495
No I didn't state I'd be bringing my baby with me cuz I didn't realise she'd be a baby hating cunt and refused to allow him in the room

When I told her I was from out of town and couldn't afford to pay for a room by myself (it was really short hotice to find other roomies) she said 'not my problem'

We ended up going home, fuck that bitch for making us waste a $120 con ticket
>>
>>8741506
>No I didn't state I'd be bringing my baby with me
You shouldn't bring babies to conventions in the first place
>>
>>8741414
Some hotels are dicks with excessive cleaning charges. I won't tip the maids if I know the hotel is like that.

I've never gotten one, but I know friends who have gotten a $200 charge for ridiculous things like having a few crumbs on the floor.
>>
>>8741511

Why the fuck not? Babies belong wherever the mother wants to take them
>>
>>8741506
Well, I feel for you, but for future reference you should probably state that you're bringing your baby with you.

>>8741511
Eh, I disagree. I definitely don't think you should take them into panels though, fuck that.
>>
>>8741300
I wanted to make the joke that so many virgins go to conventions that it wouldn't happen but then I remembered how many guys think of them as three-day orgies.
>>
>>8741514
Ehhh I disagree. I think a convention is fine, but what if they were to bring the baby to a lolita meet or something? That can make people uncomfortable. It's up to the mother to assess the situation to ensure that her baby and those around her are comfortable.
>>
>>8741514
Anon please get real. While I agree mothers and their children have the right to go anywhere they please there are just some places that babies simply do not belong. "Anywhere" the mother wants to take them is a complete overstatement - do you think it's chill if a mom wants to bring her baby into the mosh pit at a concert? Obviously not because that isn't a very ideal environment for a baby. Depending on the age, conventions kind of aren't either. It's like people who bring their babies to sporting events. Unless you couldn't find a sitter, what's the point? I hope you were just being facetious anon.
>>
>>8740226
monika lee's room?
>>
>>8741506
So you thought it'd be okay to room with a bunch of people without telling them you'd be bringing a baby?
Come on now, have some common sense. You sound so fucking stupid.
>>
>>8741514
>>8741519
I wouldn't want to bring an infant into an area filled with thousands of loud obnoxious people that have no concept of hygiene or personal space, where they could easily be injured or catch something. On the other side of the coin the baby could act up during a panel or other event, which would be a huge irritant to other people attending the con.
>>
>>8741506
>>8741514
gr8 b8 m8, no one can really be this dumb.
>>
>>8741527
Plus why get a con ticket if the baby is an infant? Like kids need structure. a Con isn't that
>>
>>8741529
People get this way from the hormonal changes they have after giving birth
>>
>>8741488
She shouldn't have flipped her shit and that sucks she dumped you with no room but you really should have mentioned you were bringing your baby. It's one thing to have a person come stay in a room with you, it's another to have them plus one without telling you, and it's another when that plus one is a baby, even if you're the one taking care of it. Next time be very clear about that. If it was me I would've let you said but I definitely would be annoyed that you didn't mention anything till you showed up.
>>
>>8741459
>all medication works all the time for every single person
>what is combination therapy
>>
>>8741488
I hope to god this is bait, but I'm going to respond as though it isn't, just in case.

As someone who HAS a baby, you're being ridiculously disrespectful. Often, people who do not have babies are not prepared to deal with rooming with a baby. I know the it can feel like he/she is an extension of you, but ihe/she isn't, and it isn't fair to others for you to surprise them with that. A baby's cry is the most attention-grabbing sound, it frustrates and irritates people. Usually at a con, the hotel room is a sanctuary; most people will not want to come back to the room, exhausted, and be greeted by a baby's cry. No one wants to be kept up late when your overstimulated baby has trouble getting to sleep, no one wants to be woken up in the middle of the night by it, and no one wants to have to tiptoe around the room in the middle of the day while the little one naps. A pack 'n play takes up a good deal of room, you're going to be filling the trashcan with dirty diapers faster than the maid can take the bags out.

I probably would've kicked your silly ass out, too. If you want to bring the baby, find someone to room with who is okay with babies, or pay for your own room. Surprising someone with a baby is poor form.
>>
>>8741506
>cuz

Please be a better mother and a more considerate roommate. And learn to spell.
>>
>>8741534
From the way the OP is acting in their posts I'd say the other woman didn't 'flip her shit'
>>
>>8741541
AYRT sounds like a teen
>>
>>8741489
I think some people just don't listen to themselves talk, or in this case pay attention to what they're writing. Regardless, I agree that they're both stupid and a hypocrite.
>>
>>8741552
Great self talking there anon.
>>
I have one from my friend who stayed with a truly awful couple. That she swore never to room with again
>They arrive smelly and generally unpleasant but they are the rooms holders so what can you do
>He is really flirty with the other girls when his gf is away. Even when she's puking on the toilet
>She's appearing to have a bug constantly sick and no one really wants to return to the room as she's there nearly the whole con sick
>he's downstairs flirting with some girl nearly the whole con
>Friend fears they broke up at the con dreads going up and dealing with that drama.
>Returns to find they are booting people claiming someone smoked weed
>She ends up having to fork over extra to cover those who left
>Turns out after the con the gf is still sick and her mom takes her to the ER.
>Turns out she's pregnant
tldr version. Stinky Asshole kicked people from the room with no proof any did anything wrong. And was at con flirting and generally being a dog over other girls. While preggers gf is puking upstairs.
>>
>>8741256
nope. I just know special snowflakes like the poster. The type who gets attention by being a frail and sensitive drama queen while making everyone around him pick up that slack. A therapy dog is not a service/guide dog and if he/she can go to a con, cosplay, etc. but suddenly at night has a disability so severe it requires the most comfortable sleeping place available its bullshit. Here's your trigger warning.
>>
>>8741414

I stayed with someone once who didn't tip the bellhop and I was so fucking mortified
>>
>>8741611
Ho OP here. Since you really just are dying to know because you can't seem to let anything go.
I have cerebral palsy and have spasms due to it. Sleeping on a floor makes them worse.

Do hope you can move on with your life though? you sound like a very crass and awful person.
>>
>>8741642
Ausfag here.
I'm scared to do international conventions, because I know I'll forget to do this kinda shit.
>>
>>8741651
most con hotels don't have a bellhop. just carry your own bags and you will be fine.
>>
>>8741611
>>8741648
Get rekt holy shit.
>>
>>8741652
Nah, I mean like, tipping in general.
Like, I think I'll either forget to do it at all and become an unintended gigantic asshole, or I'll get super self conscious about it, and overtip to the point where I forget to have anything left for merch.
>>
>>8741651
>>8741652

Mortified anon here
I carry my own shit at literally every convention except this one. We got there and the room wasn't ready, and the hotel was in a major city's downtown area, so the parking was a bit of a walk, so they "checked" our stuff while we waited and got our badges. They automatically brought it up to the room when it was done, and I was organizing the stuff in the room when I heard the door close and realized her purse was on the bed. I asked "did you tip?" and she responded really snarky "uh, no."
It was bad, especially because you don't even really have to tip much. Depending on how much crap there was you can just give the person a few bucks, or if it was a lot you can give them a $10 and call it a day.
>>
>>8741662
15%. Would you have friends you would meet up with at these foreign cons? You could just ask them beforehand and/or during the trip. It's not that big a of a deal. People forget to tip all the time. It's not the end of the world.
>>
>>8741648
dude if you expected the special sleeping arrangement you should have worked that out in advance, especially as a non room holder. FFS. If your spastics are so bad then plan ahead.
>>
>>8741662
you can actually Google what an appropriate tip is. i think it's only necessary to tip waitstaff, since most of their wages come from tips due to absurd wage laws. so just make sure you do that and you're fine.
>>
>>8741669
I did? Like do you seriously think I just randomly showed up assuming? I'm sorry I'm not you and making vast assumptions based on my lack of knowledge.
I asked and was ensured a bed for my issues. They are mild, but I can hurt myself if under great distress IE being blamed for the guys bringing shit in that somehow is my fault.
>>
>>8741488
This seems kind of like a really unusual situation, but both were in the wrong. By not saying you were bringing a baby with you, you were hiding it. Why wouldn't you tell potential roommates that? The room-holder shouldn't have just put you out and kept your money either, though, that's just not right. She should have gotten to know you better before rooming with you.

>>8741511
I don't think conventions are an appropriate place for babies or small children:
- Tons of germs.
- Noisy, hard for baby to sleep
- Children could get easily lost/hurt in the crowd
- They aren't going to remember it or care.
- Crying babies are disruptive to panels
- Carriages are really tough to navigate through the con/ cause congestion in places like the vendor hall.

Maybe just for a brief day visit it's fine but really, its better to leave the small kids/babies with a sitter/relative or just not go until the kids grow up a little bit. Once they're a bit older I'm sure they'd have an awesome time in age-appropriate activities.

... What a world we live in today. Wow.
>>
>>8741674
Please refrain from arguing with someone who is clearly wrong.
He is being stubborn in his perspective and you gain nothing from this.
>>
>>8741669
>>8741674

Seriously anon give it up. you were being a cunt, got called on it by a few people including the OP. And have been at this for a few hours. Go be a salty shitstain elsewhere.
>>
>>8741680
I only posted 2-3 times mang. The rest was other folks.
Can't we just be nice to each other? Stop cyber bullying me. Jesus.
>>
>>8741679
Oh I see, thank you. I didn't think my story was irrelevant to roommate annoyances.
>>
>>8741685
Nice backpedaling
>>
>>8741281
There was a scam website that tumblr circulated for 2 or 3 years. It claimed you could register any animal as a therapy animal if you gave them $80. Since then tons of people have fallen for it and forced their medically untrained pets into crowded, stressful situations that only make those pets anxious and afraid.
Please OP tell me a doctor gave you a trained animal and you aren't selfishly dragging a normal pet around for tumblr brownie points.
>>
>>8741691
She is trained for my purposes. (OP here) I'd never bring a untrained animal anywhere. Normal pet or not. i've had my share of nasty ill mannered animals working at petco.
(small dog owners are the worse. your snarling rabid little ankle biting isn't cute.)
>>
Has anyone had roommates that bring cosplay not for that con to work on? I had one roommate spend all 3 days sewing for another con. While whining she'd not see the one she was at. I just *internal screaming*
>>
Things that annoy me:
>people who habitually say that they can't afford the room fee, yet still go to a bunch of cons
>people who don't clean up the room trash when there are many people rooming together
>people who bring their normie SOs and then making everyone deal with them not having a good time

This all happened last time I went to a con and I'm still salty.
>>
>>8740809
Hi, ed
>>
I didn't witness this happen, but one of the guys who was hanging out in our room one night this past Katsucon said he once roomed with a Tumblr weeb who stole his disabled brother's service dog out of their room so she could attention whore with it.

I wish I had more details but at the time I was too tired and drunk to take in much information. It's amazing what lengths Tumblr fucks will take to be seen as special snowflakes.
>>
I have a friend who always tries to get me to join her room of 10+ people so they can all pay $40 each for the weekend. I refuse to take her up on that shit. Then when one or two people drop out they cry that they can't afford to pick up the slack and that it's a con-ruining situation.
We're all in our 20s. This is not acceptable behavior.
>>
> rooming with an acquaintance and a bunch of their friends
> the only one not hanging with anyone else in the group/room
> the only one who doesn't get a key, despite asking for one.
> have to wait to get into the room on every one else's schedule, even if it conflicted with mine

It was just a huge hassle, especially when I had to leave bright and early Sunday morning, and couldn't even get in the room to get ready for bed until pushing 3 AM.
>>
so this is more like a horror story

>go to a convention with friend, asks if it's okay if a person from her college's anime club stays with us
>sure fine whatever
>ends up being a super cringey weeb. i'm a lolita and when she saw me she could not stop squealing and fawning over me. thank you for the compliments but also please settle down, friend
>for the first day can't stop talking about "kawaii" i look
>"anon-senpai, you're like a real life anime princess!"
>is this bitch really in college?

but that's not the main event here

>by friday night she gets kinda weird
>"anon-senpai, I really really wish I was like you! how do you lolita?"
>basic explanation, try to send her links and stuff from my phone
>she asks to see the clothes I brought
>"wow so kawaii anon. you have so many outfits...c-can I h-have one??"
>"what do you mean?"
>"I really like THIS one anon, can I have it?"
>bitch has her dirty weaboo paws on my first release black misty sky JSK
>"no weeb-chan. i don't just give my clothes to people, and that one isn't for sale either."
>goes to retrieve wallet, pulls out $95 "you can have the rest of my money!"
>my friend tries to talk some sense to into her. after about ten minutes or so she backs down
>i explain that i have some things i brought with me to go to a swap meet the comm is hosting at the convention, she could come with and buy the stuff i have for sale then or i could help her find stuff

1/2
>>
>>8741724
I've never understood things like this. Hotels really don't care how many keys are asked for.
They know most con goers are gonna stuff the rooms as much as they can. They want the sales. They could care less as long as the room is presentable when the maid service is finally let in to clean.
>>
>>8741726
next day

>go to con, do our shit, in the afternoon i go back up to the room to grab stuff for the swap meet and go meet weeb-chan there
>say hello to comm members, introduce weeb-chan + explain to her how this works
>one comm member has some nice stuff up for sale - one of them being a crystal dream carnival jsk in navy
>comm member has tied a price tag to the shoulder strap with the price on it
>"whoa! that's quite a lot of money..."
>comm member grins and bears it, tries to explain the price
>"well...can I try it on first?"
>"sure!"
>20 mins later. "hey anon, do you know where weeb-chan is?"
>oh boy
>go to nearest bathroom, can't find her
>go back to hotel room, she isn't there either
>obviously too much of a chore to try and find her in the convention center on our own
>tell people who were at the swap meet to keep an eye out for her and to call us immediately if they see her
>comm member is distressed of course, but try to reassure her that i'll get her jsk back if i have to pry it off weeb-chan's back
>4.5 hours later someone spots weeb-chan in a group of furries having a mini-rave in a hotel courtyard

to wrap this story up quicker, we had to awkwardly confront her in this group of furries who thought we were a bunch of meanies trying to "bully" her. she tried to pretend that the comm member had sold it to her, except weeb-chan is a fucking moron and left the tag tucked into the dress. told the furries to fuck off, threatened to kick her out of the room and leave her shit in the hallway, finally concedes and goes to a bathroom where she takes the dress off from over her hatsune miku t-shirt, leggings, and converse. she broke down when she gave it back to the comm member blubbering "i just wanted to look cute and kawaii like you anon-senpai!!" called my friend and explained and we kicked her out of our room anyways lol my friend's anime club had few rooms so she went and stayed with a different group of people for the rest of the con.
>>
>>8741652
>bellhop shows up during checkout when I didn't even ask for it
>begrudgingly let him take my stuff to the car because I felt bad that he was already here
>tipped him like $2 because that's all I had in cash
I'm usually supportive of tipping but I can handle my own bags, jesus christ.
>>
>>8740191
Idk your annoyances are kind of petty.
Person waited until they thought you were asleep to take a dump instead of taking up the bathroom when people were awake, doesn't sound like they're trying to annoy you at all. They were trying to be considerate. Also people can't really control if they need to shit or not.

Snoring can be annoying, but it's not entirely something they can control. Take earmuffs if you're a light sleeper.

Like, a lot of these posts on this thread are absolutely things to be annoyed over. These.. really aren't though.
>>
>>8741731

It's so irritating when they show up without being asked for. I can handle my own shit and I'm also probably trying to wrangle everyone else's shit, and it's probably going to 3 different cars, and they probably weren't valet.
It's even worse when they won't let you just take a cart for yourself. There's only been one or two hotels who wouldn't and every time it's been because I'm moving a big prop or a big costume, not my bags.
>>
>>8741729
I didn't know the name of the person who had the reservation. I asked her several times to go with me to get an extra key but it never happened. And getting ahold of her was a pain in the ass, anyway, so I pretty much had to rely on the acquaintance that pulled me into the room anyway.
>>
File: PlsNoFeedTrollAyyLmao.gif (496 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
PlsNoFeedTrollAyyLmao.gif
496 KB, 500x260
>>8741771
>off topic though so I'm gonna stop responding.

Thank you for making such a decision.
We are one step closer to getting back to hilarious stories.
>>
Moving away from the dog drama (great stupidity there cgl)

I had a girl apply her homestuck makeup in the hotel and not seal it. Then lay down in the bed smearing the grey all over it. I had to wash out as best I could before asking maid service for another comforter.
>>
Never done a hotel thing, do you get a denied a deposit if your room is messy or something?
>>
I have one from a month ago. Girl tried to sneak her bf in the room for sex. And never told anyone. So I walk in on her blowing his tiny ass dick.
>>
>>8741776
At all the hotels I've been to, they have at least one person's credit card on file and if there are any damages found after you check out, they bill you for it. (I've never had that happen to me, so I don't know if they contact you about it first or just charge you.)
>>
>>8741488
I would not have tolerated someone bringing a fucking baby without warning. How self-centered do you have to be to not mention another HUMAN BEING in the room, especially a needy, smelly, loud one.
>>
>>8741780
Depends I think? I wasn't changed when my friend had a rage out and kicked a hole in the hotel bathroom door.
But I think I got lucky as they were renovating at the same time and likely just thought a workman did it.
>>
>>8741779
>ass dick
ok, so I know it's offtopic, but using 'ass' as an exaggerator is a very consistently bad idea.
The man ain't a dickbutt.
>>
>>8741772

I already feel stupid enough for being sucked into it. You live and you learn.
To atone for my sins, here is some relevant greentext

>big con, going with the usual squad + one friend who isn't in the usual group
>first outing with "the usual squad", first con for two of them. Their names are unimportant, the only person who matters in this story is A.
>A has been to anime cons before, but to my knowledge has never stayed overnight
>A started the weekend by complaining that we didn't wanna go to every panel with him, since we're all adults we figured we could go off on our own
>back at the room friday night, A was complaining that no one wanted to go to the burlesque show that night with him
>A goes into the bathroom in a huff to put his pajamas on
>changes into his pajama SHIRT in the bathroom, comes out still wearing pants. Walks to his side of the room (far side on the floor), and then begins to change his pants there
>A is shocked when we are all remarkably not ok with this
>Next day
>A buys $200 of non-refundable rave gear from the dealer's hall, is extremely upset to hear from all of us that only one member of the group was even considering going to the rave
>Night rolls around, he leaves at like 8 to go to the rave/some panel, thank god
>we put on casual cosplay and go to the bar to drink
>he's texting the whole time, none of us wanna go to the rave but he won't shut up so we go
>we're in line, can't find him, didn't see him in the line as we walked to the end of it, text him to see where he is
>"I think I'm in the rave, but I'm not sure"
>"I don't think I'm there I'm gonna leave"
>wut
>He comes and finds us in line, whatever, we get to the front
>"Oh, yeah I was in there."
>>
>>8741784
I really wonder how the op thought it'd go down. Like yea totally bring this baby into the room! I'd rather the dog from the other story any day.
>>
I've brought my dog to cons before always dog friendly hotels and never have an issue. Granted I'm always the room holder and everyone knows I'm bringing her and don't care. She just hangs out and rests. And it's cheaper than boarding. Only had one issue with a roomie trying to steal her to the con because "Kawaii corgi cowboy bebop!!!"

Like can you not? It's cringy enough when I constantly get asked why I didn't call her Ein.
>>
>>8741785
>got lucky as they were renovating

Your friend's foot of iron-boned rage probably saved a demolisher 0.1 second.
The hotel should of been thanking them!

>>8741789

>>8741796
Why u no call doge ein tho?!?!
-pukes everywhere-
>>
I had a girl buy one of those llamas that was really popular last year. Except hers was bootleg and she payed high. She returned and demanded one of us buy it off her so she could get a real one. Just dumbfounding.
>>
>>8741804
The funniest thing is I didn't get her because I started liking corgis because of anime. One of my favorite (now passed away) artists had them her whole life.
I grew up with her illustrated children's books with corgis illustrated everywhere and how she had I believe 11 throughout her life. So when I'd get that "OMG EIN weeb I just insta cringe.
>>
>>8741480
>people with disabilities aren't allowed to have fun!

I bet you're a blast at parties
>>
>>8741336
Like other anon said, her belongings were on the bed, so not only was anon assmad that he had to move her things, he only "had" to move them because he was too thick to realize it was her damn bed. Clearly he didn't "claim" the bed before con either, or she obviously would have told him the bed was hers as the room-booker who was paying more... I guess he just thought that if he rushed in and sprawled out first it was his.

It's really sad he's still mad about it "years" later, yikes.
>>
Fun times from an already shit con
>"Yeah anon, there will only be 6 people in the room!"
>16 people show up to a hotel room with two beds and one room
>people sleeping in chairs, in the closet, in the tub, I'm sharing a bed with my boyfriend and two other friends. Keep falling off the bed all night and finally give up and sleep on the floor.
I can't fucking believe this
>In the hot tub chilling day one, get a call from room holder
>SOBBING HER FUCKING EYES OUT because every person she asked in the room said no or some shit
>Says we hate her
>'For what room holder, fucking speak. What's the actual issue?'
>Finally get it out of her that she wanted a literal fucking orgy with a bunch of homestuck cosplayers in our room. Who of course, wouldn't pay though everyone else paid.
>Someone has to go talk her down from cutting over the 'embarrassment' of being told no.
>Shit goes missing all weekend, it's a fucking mess. You can't go anywhere without tripping over a human being. There is constantly people sleeping no matter the hour. Random people show up and it's no wonder all my bobby pins, some makeup, a wig head and all my wig caps go missing as well as my entire jumbo hairspray gets used without permission. Towels stained and wet no matter how many we get in the room it's never enough. Someone dyed their hair in the tub, some homestuck paint got deposited around.
>Fucking kill me.
>Best friend 1 tries to score with best friend 2, not knowing she was married. Still awkward years later.
>Best friend 3 doesn't have room key, avoided crowded room (who can fucking blame them) and knocks to get let in at 2 a.m. before last day. Knocks for half an hour before giving up and sleeping just outside the door, cries themselves to sleep in the hallway. Still feel guilty to this day.
>People try on my costumes without permission, smell like B.O. and weeb.

We ended up not paying, and I honestly don't feel guilty at all. BAKA. What a fucking train wreck. I agreed to 6 or 7 people
>>
>>8741298
Hate to break it to you, but you probably already have oral herpes. Most of the population does.
>>
>>8741813
I'm kinda the same, I have a Japanese Akita.
She absolutely loves meeting people, but I the people that meet her, because it's the same 'epik doge meme' bullshit every time.
>>
>>8741826
*pained not weeb dog owner high five* I hate it when they only refer to her as Ein. Like no that's not her name? Can you not confuse her for your weebness
>>
>>8741488
And you deserved it. Did you not think to mention the extra person you were bringing to the room? Do you think you would have magically not gotten in trouble if you just showed up with a friend and said "oh yeah they're staying with me for free lol hope you don't mind the extra cramped space." On what planet do you not mention that to the room owner, especially if it's a baby that obviously doesn't follow the usual convention hours (especially at Dragoncon which heavily features late night partying and drinking).

If this isn't bait, I'm glad she took your cash - hopefully she went and bought some drinks with it.
>>
>>8741529
You'd be surprised how entitled immature congoers can act when they don't want to change their usual con funtimes to accommodate their new children.

>Browsing roomshare forum for local anime con, find hilarious post
>"Looking for roomspace for me, husband, 2 year old, and infant. Must have bed space and crib space"
>"Baby doesn't cry I swear!!"
>"Can't pay but can provide snacks for room :D"
>After 4 days and no reply, mother replies to her own post, angry that nobody is willing to help her out. She can't afford a room on her own and doesn't want to drive down each day, so her con will be ruined if nobody offers her space.
>>
I had a guy attempt to seduce the room holder once. Even stole another roommate's con buy to present to her like "I got you this."
All the while that roommate is standing there like "Uhm ya no I bought it."
Turned out he'd not had the money to pay (was claiming to pay at con) And ended up being kicked out.
I think he was drunk or at least on something to think it'd work.
>>
File: 1416177196451.png (139 KB, 290x342) Image search: [Google]
1416177196451.png
139 KB, 290x342
>>8741488
>not telling people you were bringing a fucking baby with you
Uh, anon... that's definitely something you should do. Especially if said baby is staying in the room for 3-4 whole nights.

People DO NOT want to be woken by a screaming babby on a con night, and even if your baby doesn't, they don't know that it won't.
>>
>>8741846
I think the worse are the parents who drag the kid all dressed up out for the same amount of time they'd go without the kid.
I remember back in the day there was a Bleach couple who'd constantly bring their kid. That child always looked exhausted But the parents would always shove him in people's arms for 'Teh cuteness'
I can't imagine the hotel horror stories if they roomed with anyone. Just imagine a cranky has been completely uprooted for parents pleasure kid in a hotel.
>>
File: scream.jpg (22 KB, 555x462) Image search: [Google]
scream.jpg
22 KB, 555x462
>>8741818
>Finally get it out of her that she wanted a literal fucking orgy with a bunch of homestuck cosplayers in our room
>>
>>8741814
Unless it's a seeing eye dog you don't need to bring it with you.
>>
>>8741880
Makes me think of the story from AnimeLA. The homestucker who apparently went in the hot tub with grey paint on. Destroying the fighting costing the hotel thousands in repairs.
>>
>>8741898
The thread has moved on from this, please stop.
>>
>>8741707
I swear I've heard this one on /cgl/ too as a big greentext image.
>>
>>8741912
Trolls never stop especially when beat. Just ignore salty.
>>
>>8741776
That depends on the hotel. I was super worried that I'd get charged because my recent red hair dyed bled everywhere but there were no charges. The staff were probably just glad it wasn't any kind of bodily fluid.
>>
Those who leave the bathroom covered in glitter I think has been my worse. Like I sure do love just being covered in your shitty makeup cause you can't clean up.
>>
>>8741920
Agreed, most times it's can cleaning supplies fix it? Then no issue. Maid staff tend to just be grateful when the room is cleanable.
Sales department just want that money. A lot of them have contests of who can book the most for events
>>
The ones that won't shut up after lights are out and everyone is trying to sleep. Can you not giggle and swap stories when others are trying to rest please?
I think once when I was with a really obnoxious group one of the guys asked if they could at least whisper (as one was the room holder) She threaten to make him sleep in the hallway. Then her and her friends proceeded to passive aggressively attack him in their conversation. He just ended up leaving and crashing with another party.
>>
>>8741899
I'm glad everyone still remembers the ALA homestuck hot tub incident. I was there that year when it happened.
>>
>>8741675
>Maybe just for a brief day visit it's fine
Agreeing, my friend has been taking her kid to cons for years but didn't start until the kid was pre-school age and only for a few hours at first. That way the kid can actually enjoy seeing all the characters, but won't get overloaded. Around age 8 or so she started being allowed to stay all of Saturday (with some cool-down breaks outside if needed), and I know her first two day con was when she was 12. We roomed together when she was about 13 or 14 and she was actually really well behaved. Probably because she's gotten used to it and doesn't get as hyped as the average weeb of the same age.
>>
>>8741958
How does one forget. AnimeLA has to be the most tragic of the party cons.
>>
>>8741790
I feel like they're one of those "my children are angels" parents.
>>
That one sick person who insists they're tots ok and ends up making you all sick come sunday.
>>
>>8741973
A person I shared a bed with insisted she just had allergies, but wouldn't you know, the next day I had a sore throat.
>>
>>8741975
Best advice is bring that airborne or related vitamins for close contact. It lessens your risk and you are usually good for the con.
>>
>>8741713
>10x40- = $400
>8x50 = $400
>oh noooooo we can't afford $10 for the weekend!
are your friends poor college kids with no job?
>>
>>8741978
Yeah I stocked up on zinc lozenges and vit C for next year. I refuse to get sick again.
>>
>>8741846
Was this post from Acen?
>>
>>8741846
If she can't pay why isn't the hubby? ugh lazy ass likely jobless twats.
>>
>>8741730
>>8741726

This.. this is horrible. I almost hope it's not real.
>>
>>8741861
the two rooms next to you and maybe the one across the hall would probably hear it too
four rooms woken for the price of one baby! what a deal!
>>
I honestly don't understand people who insist on bringing their kids under 4. They aren't going to enjoy it, if you're rooming the roomies are gonna be miserable.
If you can't handle giving up your con fun don't have kids?
>>
I'm dreading a new mom in my comm because of dumb parent shit. Already throwing money down for a con when she's just had a baby a month prior. I'm thinking She'll be a subject in a thread like this soon.
>>
>>8740382
Gosh, this sounds exactly like someone I know. Complains about being left out, but doesn't even try to be part of the conversation. She's not even shy. Just a drama queen.
>>
OHHHH MAN~!! Here goes!

So my "Roomates" are friends of mine who got married, i was a bridesmaid in their wedding. They bought a house and invited me to live in one of their 3 spare bedrooms! i was excited because the rent was cheap and closer to school for me. Problem is, they treat me more like a subhuman than a roommate or even a tenant. Between their 4 animals which consist of 2 cats, a large dog (a mix of a few things) and a turtle that is kept in their room, i am drowning in craziness. It smells every day sans my room and bathroom. the dog shits and pisses everywhere from the kitchen to the hallway. The cats are ok but one of them is plotting to kill me i swear! and no comment on absentee turtle-san, poor thing could be dead. they don't care for their animals and didn't notice an ongoing infection on one of the cats butts until he scratched all the fur off of it. The dog is untrained and howls day and night for attention. he spends most of his days looking miserable while they are at work. They let the dog eat from their bowls and leave them scattered around the floor all day for him to lick, yet they expect me to share dishes. i get my own and they continuously ask me why i have my own. I give generic answers so that i don't have to offend but they keep probing.

They expect me to inform me when my long term girlfriend comes over (i am bisexual) but they never tell me when they have parties planned unless they notify me via facebook.

i want to leave but now is not quite the time. I'm here sipping on a beer trying to be quiet by myself while they sleep but they are always loud when they wake up early morning. I work nights baking at our local deli 2 nights a week and go to class in the evening most days of the week. They can't be bothered to not stomp and sing around the house at 8am.

sadly, this has ruined our friendship. i am completely withdrawing and keeping contact to a minimum. as much as i can. I've kept quiet as much as i can!
>>
>>8740808
holy shit, shut up.
>>
File: 1407946914747.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1407946914747.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>8742023
Please visit: >>>/trash/
>>
>>8742023
That's not really con/cosplay/lolita related. Also it sounds like just a normal bad rooming situation. They aren't treating you as a subhuman, and you seem to be oversensitive because you don't like living there. Leave after your lease is up.
>>
>>8742031
not bait. i'm actually completely serious. minus my stupid typos.
>>
>>8742023
i think this thread is for convention roommates but uh that sucks anon
>>
>>8742037
i read roommate thread and went with it. give a drunk girl a break. they are cosplayers as well. just cosplayers of the non hygienic variety.
>>
>>8742040
i'm a little drunk. i didn't realize.
Gomen nasai
Lo siento
German for I sorry...
>>
>>8742037
i could be oversensitive. i'll reflect on that. thanks actually..
>>
>>8742041
>>8742044
Go to bed, anon.
>>
>>8742023
>>8742041
You don't need to stay there.
In fact, staying with newlyweds is typically a bad idea, because they're only just now rediscovering themselves through a "Now married" identity.

Just leave.
>>
>>8742051 ...i will i really will
>>8742054 They needed money, i needed a room. i may just move in with my GF. My parents are oddly "traditional." They are cool with me dating a woman, but not cool with us moving in together. I assume they expect children after marriage as well. I think i need to leave.

Sorry i posted stupidly but, you're all kinda sweet. thanks.
>>
The person who refuses to shower the entire con. I'd taken to spraying the room with my perfume.
>>
>>8742065
We're sweet but this topic in unsavoury at best.
You already know the answers to your problem but you're too scared to do it.
Grow up.
>>
>>8742068
the person who has sex while their roomies are still in the room, can I join?
>>
>>8742070
Possibly, every now and then we need to hear it said (or written) be someone else to believe it.
>>
>>8742071
Is it at least in the bathroom?
>>
>>8742075
N-No Anon-san. No.
>>
>>8742071
Man, it is my favorite fucking thing when roomies have sex in the hotel room while others are sleeping and think no one will hear it.
It always wakes everyone else up. Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>8742077
>>
>>8741990
Nope, Anime Boston.
>>
>>8742023
sorry friend, but this is a convention roommate thread, not a regular roommate thread.
>>
>>8742081
Just why though. Like do people get off to it?
>>
>>8742083
Bruh you're speaking my con I'm sad I missed this wonder.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.