[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jfashion/Cosplay Games general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 27
So pic related finally came out in my country and I've just started playing it and wondered if anyone else is playing?

This thread is for CGL related games in general so feel to post suggestions for games that people might like to play!
>>
I want it so badly, it's really good and have a lot jfashion outfits
>>
it's still not out for NA right?

I've just been playing trendsetters and making larme coords lately.
>>
We pirated it on a japanese new 3ds because NOA still hasn't announced this for NA.

So good though, only down side is the buying center only stocks once a day in real time so you have to time travel to get more merch :/

I hope more people are playing because i'd like to talk about where to unlock all the colors!
>>
>>8739735
Did they get rid of the in-game clock? Urghhh, I was so happy they got that fixed.
>>
>>8739749
its basically real time like animal crossing now? Since my game is pirated and our system is hacked i can't easily time travel though so i've been stucking playing with like only 5 days worth of clothing and my outfits aren't that good.

literally everything else has been an improvement though so it's a relatively minor issue if you can time travel freely!
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x281
The girls in Moco Moco look so cute! Anyone got it yet? Are you enjoying it?
>>
>>8739735
OP here. I did wonder why my day wasn't changing hah but yeah that makes sense now.
The game is generally pretty good and I'm enjoying it. Seems to be a fair few of the same clothes from the last game but there's a lot of new clothes too from what I'm seeing. I will post some of my outfits tomorrow.
>>
>>8739776
This game looks so cute! I saw it in a game store the other day. I couldn't find a ton of good info on it.
>>
>>8739797
Yea I think SS:T had something like 12000 items and this one has 19000 items? So there's about 7K new items. I don't mind the repeats though, i prefer having all of them and in addition to the hair cutting and make up and modelling AND the clothing design it's really actually super overwhelming.
>>
>>8739807
Oh god I need this game!
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 215x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 215x240
Do any of you dress your original characters in jfashion/cosplay? I'd love to see and it doesn't have to be animal crossing. This is my mayor and Winnie.
>>
OP here. Stopping for the night after playing for 5 hours (oh dear). First thoughts are that it seems a lot more fun than the previous game with a lot more to do including the makeup and hairdressing.
Some points that kinda annoy me is that a lot of the people coming to get clothes often repeat the exact same speech. But that's super minor.
Unlocked the lolita shop and it had a library and chocolate OP which I found amusing.
>>
File: HNI_0003.jpg (26 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0003.jpg
26 KB, 400x240
>>8739988
my mayor's wardrobe is almost exclusively j-fash using in-game items
>>
File: 1448428050195.png (13 KB, 131x178) Image search: [Google]
1448428050195.png
13 KB, 131x178
>>8739566
>tfw you feel like this game will never come out in NA
>>
>>8739749
The in-game clock is there in the 3rd game! Not sure about the rest though.
>>
File: HNI_0050.jpg (29 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0050.jpg
29 KB, 400x240
>>8739998
>>
>>8740003
Aw. I've always imagined Muffy as a gothic lolita.
>>
>>8739998
I've been making all my rooms fit the aesthetic of jfashions. Dolly Kei was the only one I had a problem with.
>>
>>8739999
i emailed nintendo asking about Girls mode 3 and they basically told me that it isn't planned as it doesn't seem like people want it :c
>>
>>8740003
I got Muffy because I thought her as a Gothic Lolita, but I got her from someone else and her house was messed up.
>>
>>8740642
I got a virgin muffy, for which I am eternally grateful. Also jfash villagers? Here are a few I can think of:
>Muffy
>Diana
>Julian
>Merengue
>Celeste(???)
>>
>>8740653
Currently have Merengue too, sadly, not a virgin. Messed up house too. I think Tia would be one (Whom I got randomly and still have)
>>
File: nsb2.jpg (151 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
nsb2.jpg
151 KB, 700x700
Reuploaded cos holysize batman.

OP here. Here's a few screenshots of my game so far.
1&2 are my characters look atm
3 is modelling for a theme park
4 and 5 are my character's old looks
The rest are stuff from the lolita shop which I kinda liked.
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 500x542) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 500x542
>>8740653
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-29 19.54.32.png (14 KB, 244x390) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-29 19.54.32.png
14 KB, 244x390
http://pusssyoiltheoiling.tumblr.com/
I made a style savvy fashion ask blog!
>>
>>8741607
What is that name
>>
>>8739566

>Was curious whether this game was any good
>Countless /v/ threads about it are dead even though the prequels were actually really popular
>See this on /cgl/ and think for a few moments I'm on /v/

Good to hear the game is good. The flaws are minor enough that I'll buy it later this week.
>>
>>8740638
NO
>>
>>8740638
it just seems so LAZY they already have it translated in english for the EU version..
>>
>>8741635
Although the EU version has thrown me for a loop a few times. Jumpers are sweaters. Trousers are pants and shorts, gherkins are pickles and they call chesnuts "conkers". I can see why sifting through all the text to localize that would be a pain in the ass.

>>8740638
But really, not even a digital release? I'm so sad since i can't save out my photos or time travel due to the hacking thing i mentioned earlier in the thread. I just want to give nintendo my money and play this game right gdi
>>
So, I downloaded the Trendsetters demo and I had a really good time, but I don't feel like it gave an accurate feel of the game.

Can someone give me a rundown of what exactly the objectives are in the game? Also is the online boutique always super laggy?

Finally, suggestions for fashion games in NA either out now or in the near future? Everyone keeps talking without specifying which game they're referring to, so this thread is kind of confusing!
>>
>>8741663
Eh but that turns more into just a find and replace rather than having to translate an entire game from japanese into english.

Now that I think about it, trendsetters had a couple weird translations in as well, but it's not like it makes the game unplayable.

>>8741721
like in the first style savvy, the main objective of the game is to win their fashion contests. You get to choose a model and dress them up based on a theme. The other thing is running your shop and stocking it with various styles that will make your customers happy. You can specialize in one style but thats all up to you.

The JP version has DLC where you can date some of the guys, but that never got released for NA.

The game everyone else is talking about is in OPs pic (It's the third installment of the style savvy/girls mode game) . It was released in EU and JP but not on NA.
>>
>>8741848
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>8741848

Or just don't bother to replace the British words if it's that's much of a hassle. Brits deal with Americanised English in their games all the time, and we handle it just fine. As much as we take the piss out of you lot, i'm sure you're smart enough to figure things out. Confusing the Americans for all of five minutes wouldn't be a valid excuse, it'd be lazy.

Not criticising you, btw.
>>
>>8742273
Nah I get it. The jumper/trousers thing doesnt confuse me at all, like i said there were something in SS1 and SS2 that seemed really off in the translation but it's not hard to figure it out.

I mean is it that hard to make it a digital download from the eshop and release it for NA? Does it even cost Nintendo anything? They don't even have to make physical carts for it!
>>
>>8740638
>>8742400

It seems weird to me that us Europeans will get the game, and not the US. What's so special about us, or indeed so wrong with the US? I wouldn't have thought tastes varied that much across the pond in regards to games.

I don't know the ins and outs of game publishing, so I wouldn't like to guess as to why it'd not be released, if indeed that's the case. Unless something is legally barring them releasing it in the US though, it seems odd.
>>
OP here. I agree that it's weird that the NA hasn't got it yet but EU and Aus have the game. I would have thought it would be more successful over there than here. Though buying it at Game where it placed number 1 on the DS chart stand, assuming that is based in sales, it might be pretty popular.

Anyone have any requests for particular screenshots ? Will do my best.
>>
File: item_4.jpg (251 KB, 436x586) Image search: [Google]
item_4.jpg
251 KB, 436x586
>>8742420
OP, the game is worth it? I'd play the first game and I enjoy it a lot. I'd play the new game demo and it was pretty fun.
I'm a poorfag so, I dunno if it's worth it waste my money into this game.
>>
>>8742431
It's about as worth as animal crossing. I mean this in the way that it's a chill game that you can just play endlessly, really. There's no end to customers and you have thousands of clothes to collect.
>>
>>8742703
>>8742431

Op here.
Yeah, pretty much this. If you enjoyed the first you'll likely enjoy this. It's the same concept as before.

Maybe wait for it to come second hand to save some money?
>>
>>8742431
Not OP (ofc) but I played the crap out of the first one and i'm still playing the crap out of this one too. IMO they changed up enough to make it totally worth it, the time just spent doing someone's hair and make up and then designing clothes and modelling is a lot more than i thought.

You can easily get a $1/hr ratio if that's your standard for worth it. (I mean it's mine idk about you guys lol)
>>
File: 47051655.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
47051655.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
>>8739566
>>8739595
>>8739735
>>8739999
>>8740638
>>8741721

>Thanks for writing. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments about Style Savvy 3. At this time we haven't announced any plans for a release here in the Americas; however, I'm happy to forward your comments so your feedback will be heard.

>There are many reasons that Nintendo or any other publisher may decide to release a game in one market, but not another. These can include difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

>I understand that there are (like you) real fans of these games and franchises in this market who would love nothing more than to see these titles on store shelves in the Americas. In fact, there are many of us here who share your interest in these titles. However, the number of interested fans may constitute too small a portion of the gaming public to justify the costs associated with bringing a game here. On the other hand, there have been times when decisions were made to bring certain titles to the Americas after having been released exclusively in another market.

>While I can't guarantee that Style Savvy 3 will be released here in the Americas, we do take all feedback into consideration. Your comments help us to understand what is important to our gamers.

>As news comes available regarding future products, we post any announcements to our website (www.nintendo.com). Keep an eye on our site for all the latest information.

>Sincerely,

>Nintendo of America Inc.
>>
>>8743532
nintendo so full of shit with this region locking stuff.
>>
>>8743532
>difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

none of these gatdamn reasons apply here damn it. people will fuckin download the game if they put it on the eshop. no need for localization its in english, no need to distribute it's ONLINE. get the fuuuuuck out
>>
>>8743532
END LOCALIZATION.
END REGION LOCK.
DOWN WITH THESE TYRANTS.

GIVE STYLE SAAVY 3 OR RIOT.
>>
>>8743532

Still don't get why us Europeans were deemed worthy, but not the US.

Localisation can't be it. As I said in >>8742273 us Brits deal with US english in our games all the time. Not releasing it because Americans will be confused for five minutes is a lazy excuse.

As for acceptance and enjoyment, I can't see how the EU and the US are so drastically different. It's never going to be a massive hit compared to Mario or Pokemon in either market.

Publisher for the this and previous games in both regions was Nintendo according to Wikipedia, so that's a piss poor excuse. Unless this is a RF4 situation all over again.

I can't comment on distribution network comments, as I don't know anything about that. Would be strange if these factors weren't strong enough in the US though, and were adequate in the EU. Ultimately, you could just release it as a eshop exclusive like RF4 was for the EU.

I wonder if there's some legal ties that prevent it been published. There has to be a reason for Nintendo not to release it, it makes absolutely no bloody sense otherwise. Perhaps the developer's been a dick about something.

All I can say to US anons is to keep those fingers crossed. We eventually got RF4 as an eshop release, so there is hope.
>>
>>8743533

Region locking in general needs to fucking go. In a world as globalised and connected as ours, it's archaic technology.

Worried people will buy a cheaper import? Stop charging disproportionate prices across the globe.
>>
>>8743533
>>8743667
>>8743906
I didn't think the 3DS was region locked? I have a PAL system that plays Japanese and US releases. Am I missing something?
>>
File: areyouawizard.png (531 KB, 492x638) Image search: [Google]
areyouawizard.png
531 KB, 492x638
>>8744115

You're either a wizard or your 3DS is hacked/jail broken.
>>
>>8744115
Anon what did you do ANON WHAT DID YOU DO
>>
>>8743532
maybe if enough people bug them about it/and are vocal they'll consider it? i mean it kinda worked with the first xenoblade game, everyone email them and tweet them or whatever
>>
For anyone playing SS3/NSB has anyone gotten the gold bell color?

The hint was obviously the love bell at tropica beach, but no matter how i take a photo of it, the girl just won't seem to see it as a color. Day or night, in front of it or from the side at the beach. I can't get it to work, it's one of the handful of colors i'm missing now, and maybe the only one i'm not season locked out of.
>>
File: MTS_Springbunny-1442014-morphs.jpg (478 KB, 1378x983) Image search: [Google]
MTS_Springbunny-1442014-morphs.jpg
478 KB, 1378x983
for people who are obsessed with the sims like me: springbunny on modthesims has some nice blouses and a nice skirt for the sims 3
http://modthesims.info/m/2396282
>>
>>8745891
OP here. I think i have it. I will have a look when I get home. I saw a hint that helped a lot with the colours. Go to each place, don't select to go anyway but just hang around and each time the scene changes take a photo. There's about 5 scenes for each area and quite a few have colours.
>>
>>8745968
yea that's how i have most of the colors now, i'm only missing maybe 5 or so, that one being one of them ugh.
>>
>>8746004
>>8745968
nvm i finally got it, had to take a photo of it during sunset time. 8 colors left, 3 i know for sure are season locked, the other 5 not sure.
>>
Bumping this thread <3
>>
wow.... this thread actually surprises me.
I didn't even know people actually played shovelware games like Style Savvy (and actually admitted to it)
>>
Londanian Gothics and Death Smiles are the two games I can think of that are lolita inspired

TWEWY is the only good game that has lolita in it though
>>
>>8753948
A lot of the "shovelware" games for the DS are actually fully developed games by smaller Japanese companies. A couple of localization companies buy up the licenses en masse and release them as stuff like the "Imagine" series. Imagine: Ballet is actually a Princess Maker style rpg with rhythm elements.
>>
File: 105226_front[1].jpg (71 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
105226_front[1].jpg
71 KB, 640x575
>>8753948
>>8753989
Pic related, the Japanese cover for Princess Ballerina: Yumemiru 4-Nin no Primadonna, released in the west as Imagine: Ballet Dancer with a shitty stock photo of a 7 year old ballerina on the cover. It's a rhythm otome game, and actually really fun.
>>
>>8753948
wow on a board dedicated to dressing up and fashion there are people who like games that have to do with dressing up and fashion

my god how could this ever happen
>>
>>8743532
We should raid their feedback inbox and beg them to bring this game to the US.
>>
>>8753948
>shovelware
No. Even guys play this game. Anyone who shoves it aside and calls it "shovelware" have never seen anything about it aside from the cover, and that's sad.
>>
>>8743532
Time to spam nintendo with messages.
>>
>>8754042
My friend's boyfriend plays this and he usually plays jrpgs. Actually this game is surprisingly addictive.
>>
>>8753948
I know this is bait but SS isn't shovelware by a long shot.

Not aimed at this anon but just people on the fence or those who've never heard of it. It's one of the most expansive fashion games or any kind of collection game i've ever played. It was clearly made with a lot of care and love and has a lot of replay value. If you have even an iota of interest in dressing up characers (doll games?), or you're the type to spend an hour customizing your character in MMOs and RPGs you're gonna sink a lot of time into this game because it's basically that, but endless characters and styles to play with.
>>
>>8753948 here.
I legit was not trying to be so a dick or post bait.
I honestly was surprised about the enthusiasm these games were getting here. It's not difficult or unsurprising to see someone write off a game like Style Savvy as shovelware, especially when its marketed as such in the west, and you can't really fault them for it either.
>>
File: 147484[1].jpg (106 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
147484[1].jpg
106 KB, 880x880
Is the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer worth it?
>>
>>8755870
Honestly yes. Compared to the normal animal crossing games theres a TON of depth today can be done.
>>
File: area1_img031[1].png (223 KB, 389x668) Image search: [Google]
area1_img031[1].png
223 KB, 389x668
>>8743532
>>8743533
>>8743562
>>8743667
>>8743900
>>8745590
>>8754030
>>8754059
GET IN HERE SEAGULLS:

>>>/v/319469337
>>>/v/319469337
>>>/v/319469337
>>
>>8755874
Thanks anon. I'm sold already. But sorry, another question. Amiibo version or non-Amiibo version???
>>
>>8755896
Amiibos are practically useless for game
>>
>>8755912
Not true, it's super cute to make your favorite villager/shopkeeper's house. Plus it's the only way to unlock some furniture.
>>
I also play Dream Girlfriend on iOs! There's a lot of modification that you can do, but not a lot for outfits. The outfit itself is preset, but you can add accessories and hairstyles. It's more of modding the whole scene that your gf is in. At level 30 you get another gf to mod though.
>>
>>8755896
I got the non amiibo one and i regret it. The reader thing is $20, but only $10 with the game so unless you are planning to get a new 3ds you might as well just get it now for future (And current) games that use it.
>>
>>8755878
Too late, the thread is shit now.
>>
File: ss.webm (903 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ss.webm
903 KB, 800x450
>>8756056
It seems pretty fun to me [spoiler]for a /v/ thread.[/spoiler]
>>
>>8756059
Exactly. Also spoilers don't work on cgl.
>>
>>8756067
>spoilers don't work on cgl
[spoiler]That's the joke.[/spoiler]
>>
>>8755870
>Not buying Animal Crossing for Muffy
Are you even a lolita bro
>>
File: 1388289544623.png (440 KB, 714x439) Image search: [Google]
1388289544623.png
440 KB, 714x439
I always want to play Animal Crossing again, but I just can't commit to an every day time sink. Are all my favorite animals there anymore? Are there a billion weeds? ;_;
>>
File: tumblr_mv85ybGoN11sypdd2o1_1280.jpg (671 KB, 1280x1682) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv85ybGoN11sypdd2o1_1280.jpg
671 KB, 1280x1682
>>8758754
More cute clothes while I am here.
>>
File: tumblr_n2u3tuc7kF1slzbjfo1_1280.jpg (270 KB, 622x808) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2u3tuc7kF1slzbjfo1_1280.jpg
270 KB, 622x808
>>8758761
>>
File: tumblr_n2u3tuc7kF1slzbjfo6_1280.jpg (228 KB, 622x808) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2u3tuc7kF1slzbjfo6_1280.jpg
228 KB, 622x808
>>8758762
>>
File: tumblr_n2u3tuc7kF1slzbjfo7_1280.jpg (275 KB, 622x808) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2u3tuc7kF1slzbjfo7_1280.jpg
275 KB, 622x808
>>8758764
>>
File: tumblr_n9phxlEUgW1tci0iao1_540.jpg (119 KB, 540x318) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9phxlEUgW1tci0iao1_540.jpg
119 KB, 540x318
>>8758767
>>
File: tumblr_mpdpi3h68T1qbdg5to1_540.png (403 KB, 540x324) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpdpi3h68T1qbdg5to1_540.png
403 KB, 540x324
>>8758770
>>
File: tumblr_nbae6p4ZcZ1se3qoio7_540.png (404 KB, 540x325) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbae6p4ZcZ1se3qoio7_540.png
404 KB, 540x325
>>8758771
>>
>>8758754
Try turning your clock back to the day after you last played before you boot up the game?
>>
>>8754002
dang anon that sounds so cute, know any other games like that with kawaii shit hidden under misleading titles?
>>
>>8754002
That's so fucking disappointing. I imagine that they'd have more incentive to localise games if they didn't ruin the covers, thus making people pass it up as being some shitty toddler game.
>>
>mfw European
Privileges
>>
OP here.Finished the main story now addicted to getting all the clothes hah. Anyone still playing?
>>
>>8758879

>>8739735 here, yes i'm still playing. every day. dress all the girls. get all the colors.
>>
Can you guys please help me? I want to make a lolita department store in Happy Home Designer, and I really want to use QR codes of brand dresses. I've found a few of AP but that seems to be all.
>>
>>8754002
Oh god so one time we dumped a bunch of those imagine games on our R4 card and this was between them.

When I started it up I was so surprised, it's actually a really fun game and I completed the story mode for all characters at least once. Honestly I kind of want to play it again.

It's really sad because there's also stuff like 'imagine my dream wedding' which is worse then your average 'girls game' you can find online to play.
>>
>>8739566
I've had essays to write so I asked for this for Christmas to keep myself from buying it. But I've put like 12 hours into the demo in the meantime. So excited to play the full thing.

>>8742431
I'm guessing this is japanese-only DLC?
>>
Streetpassing/Nintendo Zoning people with Animal Crossing is a torturous wait. It's turning my hair white. I wish I knew a trustworthy kid to ask them to bring my 3DS to their school.

Is anyone still playing New Leaf on a daily basis? I got the game only about a year ago and really started to play now..

>>8762880
I had high hopes it was included by default. I bought a copie of Style Boutique 2, but told myself I wouldn't play it until Christmas. Dreams shattered ;_;
>>
>>8765873
I play everyday. There's an Animal Crossing thread on /vg/, but I'm not sure how much you'd trust /vg/ in your town.

I Streetpass a lot of people on my campus, and I think I've figured out who one of the people I've Streetpassed 15 times now is. I just don't know how to approach them without being weird.
>>
>>8765873
I just recently picked AC:NL back up again. I'm really into customizing my home right now.
>>
>>8762875
I remember the Imagine Fashion Designer pc game was, not horrible, but definitely not as fun or interesting as Style Savvy and boiled down to a Barbie Dress Up type game with some kind of industrial espionage plot if I remember right.
>>
>tfw you are visiting in laws with husband during Christmas
>tfw your husband buys you Style Boutique for Christmas
>tfw your husband forgets to bring it for the trip
>tfw you will be present-less on Christmas day

Damnit, I really just wanted to play ;_;
>>
Not technically JFash, but does anyone else play the Chinese app Hello Nikki: Let's Beauty Up?
It's a sequel to Nikki Up2U, and it's free! I really like the community contests, and there's a ton of plot compared to the original. Also, there are several Lolita sets.
>>
>>8740653
I got Muffy and Julian by pure luck of randomly generated villager and their houses spawned in nice places too. God I love them so much

Muffy has a slightly salty and snooty personality. She reminds me of /cgl/~
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.