[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: AskForHelp_Logo_2.png (27 KB, 677x673) Image search: [Google]
AskForHelp_Logo_2.png
27 KB, 677x673
Old thread in autosage
>>8701853
>>
File: 44024363.jpg (326 KB, 858x805) Image search: [Google]
44024363.jpg
326 KB, 858x805
>>8737402
Unanswered questions from last thread
>>8703600
>>8703696
Anon for >>8703880 and >>8704236 come back
>>8705738
>>8708154
>>8710675
>>8713828
>>8716925
>Is Ready Made Prison school cosplays any good?
Nothing Ready Made will be as good if you make yourself. If you want you can find a commissioner to make you the sweater or get it from Ebay/Taobao/Japanese cosplay seller. If you come back let me know since you are from Finland.
>>8717610
>>8719166
>>8722070
>>8722073
>>8722214
>>8722293
>>8723361
>>8732173
>>8733239
>>8733516
>>8733786
>>8736868
>>8735304
>Where can I find Madoka's soul gem
Ebay, Taobao, Yahoo Japan auctions, Amazon.jp, Amazon, Japanese cosplay stores, Chinese cosplay stores, or DIY if you want to be a cheap ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNkNVd-fts

If I missed a question repost it!
>>
>>8737469
>>8733786
Wunderwelt ships via EMS with tracking. It's pretty good, gets around reaosnably fast after WW sends it out. They will bill you separately for the shipping; just click the links they send you after you pay for your actual purchase and they will be your shipping charges. Add them to cart like you do normal products and check out. Once they confirm you bought the shipping they'll ship it.
>>
What could I make Ryuko's guitar case out of?
I'd like to be able to actually carry the scissorblade in it, so I figured making the case would be easier/cheaper than buying one. Only issue is I have no idea where to even start.
>>
File: RanunculaeAutumn.png (597 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
RanunculaeAutumn.png
597 KB, 600x776
im wondering how to make ranunculae's hair- she's basically a flower alien- should i make her hair out of a wig or foam or something else? thanks!
>>
>>8737596
I'd do a wig, but make it really "sculpted" looking so to speak if that makes sense? Like defined/slick looking leaf pieces she has going on there instead of just styled hair.
>>
>>8737599
oh, that's definitely what i meant! either a very styled, fixed in place wig or some other material
>>
anyone have any tips for fabric dyeing? i need to do it for a cosplay i'm working on because i'm being super picky about the color. i've never dyed fabric before though and i'm really worried i'm gonna fuck it up particularly since the fabric i got was pretty expensive
>>
>>8737596
oh, also forgot to add: id love any recommendations for fabrics that seem plant-like. ive sewed a lot, but haven't ever made a plant cosplay before
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread but... I'll be cosplaying a maid version of a character (Azusa from K-ON!) and plan on doing a photoshoot. Does anyone have any ideas of good places I could shoot at? Places that would fit in with the maid theme.
>>
Advice for a chubby girl really wanting to get her stomach down?
>>
>>8737620
It'll depend on the material that you are planning on dying. Different dyes are used if it's 100% cotton or synthetic.
Do a test with a small swatch of the fabric first to make sure you like the color, don't be afraid to experiment to get different colors by mixing different dyes within the same brand. Make sure as well to move the fabric around during the process to ensure an even color.

Those are just some basic tips so if anyone has any other advice please add on.
>>
>>8737561
>I figured making the case would be easier/cheaper.
It is but I have no idea how to make the part on the side. You would probably need some foam to make the little things on the corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJNiLYnL03E
>>
>>8737826
Is it a group or a single? Are you doing it at a con or are you paying someone to take pictures of you.
>>
>>8737879
Single. A friend of mine is a good photographer and she always shoots my cosplays. We are just a bit lost on where to do it.
>>
File: Shinsengumi_group.jpg (855 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Shinsengumi_group.jpg
855 KB, 1280x960
Any suggestions on what kind of fabric I should use to make a Shinsengumi jacket from Gintama? Mostly wondering if I should use a fabric that is shiny like in the picture, or something more matte. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>8737970

Bottom weight cotton poplin.

Also I don't know much about Gintama but I don't think the Shinsengumi outfits are "shiny" They are just shaded that way so they don't look flat black
>>
>>8737829
Exercise and count calories
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 750x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 750x539
a general question regarding makeup: I've always been trying to do a clean and sort of heavy eye makeup like pic related for special occasions, but even though I use eye lid primer (artdeco), the colors just slither into each other after a bit... is it my relatively cheap eyeshadow (manhattan drugstore palette)?
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 640x480
>>8737852
thanks!! i forget the exact blend i got, but i'm pretty sure it was cotton more than anything. it's for a homura cosplay, so i got a grey that i liked and some purple dye to add a little of that tint. i'll definitely do a swatch test first though.
>>
>>8738330
oh, the fabric was classified as a denim, if that helps at all.
>>
I made some horns for a mask out of Model Magic, but in the drying process, they developed some pretty nasty cracks..
What do I fill it with? I know there's Bondo but I'm not sure what kind to get or of any alternatives.
>>
>>8738263
I think it could be a combination of the primer you're using and the cheaper eyeshadow. Reading some reviews, I saw that this particular brand doesn't prevent creasing. I swear by UD's primer potion and even with cheaper eyeshadows, they tend to stay put for me all day. I double it up with a setting spray, especially for anything with glitter or shimmer and it holds perfectly.
>>
>>8737882
My suggestion is do it at a public place like an actual cafe or something. Ask the staff before hand though before you do it. There's no other place off hand that's a good 'setting' for a maid unless you do it at home and set it up like a mansion.
>>
>>8738263
I agree with other anon about Urban Decay primer. It's expensive but an investment and SO worth it. Makes cheap $1 drugstore eyeshadow stay all day. I save $ by buying cheap shadows now, only expensive thing I have is the primer, and it's lasted over a year.
>>
>>8738369
http://kumashiro.tumblr.com/post/28343091871/legionnaireone-kumasfabulouskingdom-horn
>>
I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'll ask here.

If I'm going to be cosplaying a character that has very natural-looking, unstyled hair that resembles my own hair pretty closely, will I need to use a wig? I know there's a big push to use wigs but will it really make my cosplay look like shit if my own hair matches the character's enough and I don't use one?

For reference, the character has waist-length, stringy black hair that's parted in the middle but otherwise not styled. My hair matches all of these qualities except it's not quite as stringy. Would not using a wig for this really make it look bad?
>>
>>8738431
Good idea! I thought about it but... I'm afraid they wouldn't allow it. Gonna think of a friendly enough place to shoot it.

I personally dislike home shootings since they never look good, unless you live in a very nice house. Setting up a regular apartment like some scenery ends up looking makeshift-y.

Does anyone have any experience with asking permission to shoot at private places?
Any good argument?
>>
>>8738747

Wigs have the advantage of staying the way you style them, not getting oily and overall looking better (bigger/shinier)... You should post a picture here comparing your hair to the character's!

I personally like wigs even if the hairstyle is attainable irl (pic related).
My hair for exemple is very thin, it would never look as good as a wig.
>>
File: e7067706.jpg (151 KB, 847x1280) Image search: [Google]
e7067706.jpg
151 KB, 847x1280
>>8738778 I'm stupid and dropped my pic.
>>
File: kiritsugu reference.jpg (556 KB, 2220x1672) Image search: [Google]
kiritsugu reference.jpg
556 KB, 2220x1672
Does anyone know of a good base or sewing pattern to make Kiritsugu's coat from? Making my own trenchcoat is way beyond my level right now.
>>
So, a good friend of mine wants a wig for birthmas, and, being quite frank, I've got no idea where or what to buy. She wants an orange wig, any length (I'm going with long), and I don't know what else.
>>
>>8739023
fivewits is my personal favorite for short/medium wigs, but if you're going long i'd go epiccosplay. and of course arda but those are always gonna be pricey, plus since they just had a big sale a LOT of stuff is gonna be out of stock. then of course there's ebay which is cheaper but kind of hit or miss, i'd say just browse around till you find something you like!!
>>
>>8737402
How do I order from Maiden Clothing? My dream dress just popped up on there for a fucking hell of a deal. Is there anything I should be aware of?
>>
Any good make up tips for covering up burn scars? Mine is a bit unsightly imo and I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of cosplaying depending on whether or not it will show.
>>
>>8739473

Perhaps some of that tattoo cover up make up will help you out.
>>
Made the terrible mistake of ordering from fabric.com. Here is my situation:
Ordered a sample. Liked the color. Went back to the same listing I ordered the sample from. Ordered full yards of fabric. Receive fabric, definitely not the same color as the sample. Email customer service. Get weird robotic response. Get replacement fabric shipped out. Receive fabric. Still not the correct color, just the same color as the other fabric I received.

Now, I just emailed them about this and told them how their sample color is apparently wrong for this fabric, but afterwards I googled some reviews and I don't think I am going to be getting a helpful response.

My question:
>Am I entitled to a refund? (Because, isn't the sample color being wrong technically false advertising?)

I'm just really annoyed right now. I've wasted a whole month with this website. I'm lucky that I'm not working with a deadline because I would be fucked. Also wondering if I should send this fabric back or just keep it? I couldn't use it for this project but could use it for something else? Should I be the angry soccer mom that demands a refund but wants to keep the product?
>>
>>8739987
If you gave them your money under the impression that you'd be getting a certain product and they gave you something else, then you're totally entitled to a refund.

I think keeping the fabric is a matter of if you think you'd use it or not. If they aren't answering you properly OR giving you the correct item then there's really no point in sending it back. I'm sure it won't be a big loss for them if you're worried about that kind of thing. If you have no use for it you could donate or resell it but I don't think keeping it is a bad idea.
>>
>>8740040
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Part of the reason I don't want to send it back too is like...from reading the reviews, it seems like it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get my refund, plus I also already wasted all this time trying to get the fabric. I almost feel like even though it's not what I wanted, I still want to come out of all this with at least *something*, or else I feel like I've given them a small loan for the month and received a bunch of hassle in return.
>>
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Etudehouse and my order still says processing after a few days should I be concerned or is this standard?
>>
File: color swatch2.png (1 KB, 312x355) Image search: [Google]
color swatch2.png
1 KB, 312x355
Looking for this color in a wig. I'd prefer to not have to dye a wig but I can't find this particular color- only really red or straight black/brown.

The wig i need is about waist-length and curly, if possible.
Thanks!!
>>
>>8738845
God thrift in there's absolutely nothing special about his coat. You might search in both men and women's as women's clothes tend to have tapered waists which will be more accurate.
>>
I was wondering has anyone attempted stretching PVC boots with a hairdryer? because my boots came and they won't do up around my calves but a few tutorials online said if you heat the fabric a little and put them on they will mould into a new shape? I'd rather know this method was a success before melting my shoes. If not any other methods I could use to stretch PVC boots?
>>
>>873763 I'm also tackling a plant costume and I ended up choosing faux leather, lycra and rayon trict (for parts I need to dye) as my fabrics. I'm also using foam and felt for support. The plants I am going for are pretty leathery and stiff though.
>>
>>8740798
it will work, start with low heat and only direct heat on the back of the fabric so it doesn't melt the plastic layer on front.

Just go low heat for 1-2 min, if that doesn't work bump up the heat. Keep checking the front of the fabric for bubbles/melting, but it should be fine if you notice before that happens.
>>
File: gene with oranges.jpg (2 MB, 2944x4104) Image search: [Google]
gene with oranges.jpg
2 MB, 2944x4104
Can anyone tell me who the hell this Gene cosplayer is?
>>
>>8740840
Thanks for the help! If I decide not to use the heat route would cutting the boots open and sewing in an extra part of matching fabric work? or could that go horribly wrong/look awful?
>>
File: Wildcat-1.jpg (53 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Wildcat-1.jpg
53 KB, 400x600
A lot of comic art has this whole black-with-blue-highlights thing going on, pic related being a rather extreme example. Is there a good way to translate this look to real fabric? Should I just go for a matte black or dark navy? Also, are there any good material options other than Lycra/spandex?
>>
File: canon's-stupid-hair.jpg (2 MB, 1248x2752) Image search: [Google]
canon's-stupid-hair.jpg
2 MB, 1248x2752
I need help picking out a wig for Canon from Fafner: Exodus. In Exodus, her hair pulls copper-red in sunlight, but more mauve indoors. In the original series, Dead Aggressor, she was much redder.

I'm in the air between (1) Epic Cosplay Copper Red (seems slightly too dark and too orange rather than red), (2) Arda Salmon (too pink, and would have to hack a foot off a long wig), (3) Arda Dark Copper Red (also probably too dark), and (4) giving up on finding the right color and just RIT dying.
>>
File: Asbel_Lhant.png (89 KB, 268x480) Image search: [Google]
Asbel_Lhant.png
89 KB, 268x480
I'm wondering how people might go about doing oddly shaped details like the ones on this jacket. I thought about applique, but I feel like the satin stitching around the edges of the designs might look bulky and odd. Any suggestions on making it without that visible but also without raw edges of fabric? This is my first time trying this kind of detailing.
>>8741034
Personally, I like the Arda dark copper red best. It's not eyedropper perfect, but I think it gives the best approximation of the color without seeming pinkish or too orange. I think against the blue of the outfits you've pictured (I don't know the series), it'll seem a little closer to the right shade as well.
>>
Anons, next year I'm making Rose Quartz's dress from Steven Universe and it's my first time tackling a big ballgown. I'll be hitting up google pretty much now so I can do my research and I wont run out of time (it's not 'til next Summer but I have college etc so) but was wondering if you had any tips on how to go about big ballgown type dresses, or even links to tutorials that have worked for you in the past.
People have suggested patterns to me but they never go up to my size I don't think so I daren't try them.
>>
File: parasyte reference.jpg (140 KB, 591x688) Image search: [Google]
parasyte reference.jpg
140 KB, 591x688
A con I'm going to next year has a Horror theme, so I was thinking about going as Shinichi from Parasyte and making a Migi hand. I either want to make migi in "combat ready mode" or possibly the sword arm. The sword arm would probably be the easiest as I just need to make a hole for my hand to fit inside up to my wrist. For the transformed hand I saw somebody made a paper mache shell and crafted migi's mouth onto it. I thought I could craft the blades and eye stalks out of either foam or cardboard and then paper mache around it and my fingers, then mold the muscle details in clay or sugru or something. Any suggestions for materials or how to's?
>>
>>8741246
My experience is that big ballgowns are easier than you'd think. The skirts have a lot of fabric, but there aren't any tricky technical issues because you're just sewing lots of straight lines (the vertical seams) and gentle curves (the bottom hem). Hell, patterning a ballgown skirt is basically just sewing a cone. The one tricky thing is that the weight of the skirt will mess with the clean lines of the bodice, unless you have a well supported bodice.

Because a heavy skirt has a tendency to tug on and create nasty wrinkles in the bodice, I think you should prioritize finding an appropriate commercial pattern for the top (because boobs are curvy and hard to pattern yourself), and then do the geometry for the bottom half yourself. This corset pattern could be a good start -- it's the right shape, and it will support your tits. http://www.simplicity.com/p-12300-misses-and-plus-size-corsets.aspx

As for the bottom. You need a hoop skirt to get the appropriate bulk, and a tulle layer in between the main skirt and the hoop skirt to prevent the hoops from showing through. An adjustable hoop skirt is best for travelling. Get the hoops to the width you like, and then measure their circumference. Add a few inches so nothing looks like it's straining, and voila, you have your ballgown pattern.
>>
File: gold trim.png (975 KB, 596x596) Image search: [Google]
gold trim.png
975 KB, 596x596
Does anyone know what kind of fabric this gold trim could be? I really like the look of it, but I can't find anything similar.
>>
>>8741572

Could be thin faux gold pleather.

Although my guess would be oilcloth like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAIN-GLOSS-PVC-COATED-TABLECLOTH-COVERING-OUTDOOR-GARDEN-WIPECLEAN-OILCLOTH-/361277919045?var=630620176143&hash=item541dd78f45:m:mK4Bq_vP9o-YirD8eFrSo9Q
>>
>>8738772
There is no "argument". It's really very simple: call up the place you want to shoot in, talk to a manager or owner, tell them what it is you're doing and ask them if you can shoot there. Be specific in your times, try not to take more than an hour if the place is usually busy, and be very clear if you're going to need to move any furniture around or bring in any large props or set pieces.
Also, another good location would be a posh hotel. Again, ask permission first.
>>
Considering using vinyl to cover foam armour instead of painting it. Because my hot glue gun always makes a stringy mess, seeps out between seams and details and looks like shit.

I'm a Britfag and can't get barge. Anyone know alternatives? My dad works in a hardware store and says he can get me Gorilla glue. But I've never used the stuff.
>>
>>8740937
The thing to remember about superhero costumes, is that they do not work in real life the way they do in print. Comic artists are basically drawing nude people and coloring in their costumes on the muscles. In real life, even if you have a super hero body, the fabric will stretch over the muscles and won't go into each groove and crevice.
That is why the majority of super hero costumes these days use dye sublimation to shade and paint their suits onto fabric and give them the exact comic book look in real life. there are many places that do will do custom prints for you, or, if you are good with pattern drafting and painting, you could make your own and send it to a printing company yourself.
>>
>>8741210
Satin stitching could work well, but another way to go would be to use highly synthetic fabric with something like a hot foam cutter. You have to have a very steady hand, and go slow, but it can give you those sharp points and curves. Then you can either top stitch it in place, or heat n' bond.
>>
>>8741886
Honestly, the stringy mess and excess on glue in the seams is not that bad, if you know how to clean it. The stringy bits are easy. You can wait for it to cool and just pull them away, go over your armor with a lint roller, or, if they are in a hard to reach area, a heat gun on a low setting will melt and blow them away.
For the bubbling seams, heat up your glue gun and, without pulling the trigger, run the heated up nozzle along the edges. it will melt away the excess and seal up your seams better for painting.
>>
>>8741886
Any kind of rubber cement should work. Just make sure to use a ventilator.
>>
What are the essential tools for picking up hand sewing?

I did a few small projects, like plushies, in high school, but that was forever ago. I'm thinking of trying to make a kigu to start; what do I need?
>>
>>8741936
Why would you want to sew a kigu by hand? Do you hate your hands? Are you trying to punish yourself for some horrible thing you did with your hands?
Get a sewing machine and take some lessons.
>>
File: pok-brock.gif (13 KB, 202x500) Image search: [Google]
pok-brock.gif
13 KB, 202x500
Hey can somebody help me find a sewing pattern that's similar to pic related. I've been looking and having a hard time. Also does anyone have suggestions on what kind of fabric I should use?
>>
>>8742008
Similar to what? The vest? The pants? The belt? Fabric for what?

Pick a part of the costume and google. Hell, there's probably a full brock tutorial somewhere. Stop being lazy.
>>
>>8742043
oh, oops. the vest.
>>
File: 2346.jpg (205 KB, 795x1142) Image search: [Google]
2346.jpg
205 KB, 795x1142
>>8742008
Variation C of pic related has an OK base shape, if you leave off the detailing. You'll need to look up tutorials for pouches and add those on, though, but that's not too hard.
As for material, think about what he'd wear: probably something utilitarian and sturdy that can stand up to adventures and rocks and stuff. You can probably find something in utility fabrics or athletic wear at your local fabric store. Don't go with anything shiny or stretchy. Sorry if this is basic, but I'm guessing you haven't made stuff like this before.
>>
File: 1329.jpg (536 KB, 794x1142) Image search: [Google]
1329.jpg
536 KB, 794x1142
>>8742008
>>8742121
Here's another that you can leave the collar off, leave unzipped, and get a similar shape. I like the looser, boxy fit on this one more, but I think the previous one I linked might be a little easier to put together.
>>
File: sewing_pattern_pet_pattern.jpg (122 KB, 570x771) Image search: [Google]
sewing_pattern_pet_pattern.jpg
122 KB, 570x771
>>8742008
Okay, first off, don't listen to
>>8742121
>>8742123

What you are looking for is a Safari or Hunter's vest. You can probably find that exact one, though the green likely won't be nearly as bright.
There are patterns for it though:
http://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/8347
http://www.designeralleyfabrics.com/sewing-pattern-unisex-pattern-cargo-vest-pattern/
>>
>>8741356
Thank you so much anon! Someone else suggested wearing a corset under the dress instead of incorporating one /into/ the dress itself, which one of these do you think is more likely to go completely wrong, do you think?
My only worry is finding a fabric sturdy enough to make the bodice from if it's separate to the corset. I've been producing Polycotton tier stuff for so long I really don't know what other fabrics are out there other than what Google suggests, and everything Google suggests is shiny as heck
>>
Currently planing a Naked Snake cosplay and I want to know if this idea would work at all. So to get the impressions on the bandana I am thinking of putting some foam inserts on the back to get the effect. pic related it shows off the stuff I am talking about.
>>
File: qykd.png (1 MB, 900x834) Image search: [Google]
qykd.png
1 MB, 900x834
This is less of a cosplay and more of casual (or perhaps less than casual) paraphernalia. I'm making a MON jacket/vest and I could use a little advice. I have decent sowing skills, and I've already made decal stencil. What I want to know is;

1. how much is too much? Sometimes when I make something I get rather carried away, and I just want something I can wear on my downtime. My problem basically is, at what point does it turn into a cosplay from a jacket.

2.What fabric should I use? I can't seem to put my finger on it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but any advice is appreciated.
>>
File: geta_i_27_090816.jpg (17 KB, 349x397) Image search: [Google]
geta_i_27_090816.jpg
17 KB, 349x397
So I'm starting a cosplay soon for a characer who wears geta, more specifically tengu/ippon-ba geta like the ones pictured. I have 2 questions:

1) how does sizing work for geta? some people say to buy exactly your foot measurement, some say to buy a few centimeters shorter.

2) does anyone know a reliable online store to purchase them from?

any additonal info about geta is appreciated as well
>>
Has anyone made a diet plan specially for lolita? I thought I'd have a better chance of sticking to it if it related to something I like.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448923271113.jpg (37 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448923271113.jpg
37 KB, 540x960
My woman and I really want to cosplay on Fremont. She is concerned on what iconic character she can pull off. We are doing it for entertainment of kids and adults alike. Its going to be something we do on the side and we want to switch it up with a variety of costumes and want it to look as authentic as possible.

We don't have to wear the same thing pertaining to a game or show. For example I could be a storm trooper and her Arith for FFVii.

Thank you so much for your help!
>>
>>8743115
What's the age group for kids? You could pull off some Digimon with Mimi or Pokemon. Those are both iconic.
>>
>>8743183

Well its Fremont so it's for everyone but I would like something kid friendly. I was thinking Amanda (my woman) can dress as misty. She has the body for it and it would be appealing to adults as well as kids.
>>
>>8743115
Stop calling her your woman, it's giving me the heebie jeebies.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7 KB, 203x248
I'm still learning some basics of sewing, and want to tackle this cosplay. I went to the store the other day to pick up some fabric since I had coupons and came to a realization that I had no idea what material would be best for.. any of this.
What would be good for the bodice, what kind of material takes well to dye for the skirt? What is the fluffiest underskirt material I can use to achieve that petticoat?
Any and all related advice is greatly needed.
>>
>>8743320
This might be a little two advanced for you, if you're asking those questions...

I think cotton or low sheen sateen would look nice for Madoka. Natural fiber will typically take better to dye, but it also depends on the dye you decide to use. For the petticoat, organza, tulle or chiffon would be fine. I personally prefer organza because I find it not as itchy as the others. Tulle(?) will require less fabric for similar poof, but will deflate more quicker over time. For the bodice, make sure to have boning. The heart in the back with require interfacing, probably.
>>
>>8737402
Does anyone have any tips for the rings on skull kid? My dad suggested cutting tubes and gluing them together, but i'd like something a little less "round". I thought about baby's teething/play toys, but so far all I've found is "trees" of rings, not just loose sets of x sizes. I need to get them done/painted in two weeks, so carving them out of foam is out of the question. Mostly looking to just buy something I can paint.
>>
What could I put on a foam made head to give it a skeleton texture? I really have no idea. Thanks, seagulls.
>>
Does anyone know of a good dry cleaner in toronto? I don't want to trust expensive JSKs to a random one near me.
>>
>>8743340
I figure if I'm going to get better, it's good to challenge myself.
Where in the bodice should boning go?
Thanks for all the advice on fabrics!
>>
>>8743461
I found a package of shower curtain rings that were perfect for this. Try those?
>>
>>8743486
That's true! If you can find a sweetheart bodice pattern first, it should indicate where the boning should be placed. Boning goes inside the seams (if that's what you're asking?).

> mfw I realized I made a ton of weird typos in my previous post
>>
I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to wigs, could someone link me to one like this? I tired ordering one similar but i'm not really happy with it
Thanks!
>>
>>8743649
those wigs are a dime a dozen on ebay, but if you want a higher quality try arda or something like that. either way, youre going to have to style it a lot if you want it to look exactly like that- no wig comes out of the bag looking like that
>>
>>8743763
Thanks, I know I have to style it a lot. I should have been more clear I was mainly looking for a higher quality base wig, the one I order from ebay wasn't too nice.
>>
>>8742534
Still wondering if this is a viable thing or if it will look shit.
>>
>>8742534
>>8743885
The thing is, just having sculpted foam behind the fabric, or sandwiched in it, will not show all the ridges. The fabric will stretch over the highest parts and won't go into the crevasses. What you need to do, is have sculpt your foam base, apply some fabric glue, and press your fabric into it. Be careful though, as this can end up giving you creases and folds you don't want, and this headband will need to be replaced as it will soak up sweat like a sponge, and will not be easily washable.
>>
Anyone have fursuit experience? I'm trying to make an Undertale mascot-style cosplay, and the head is giving me a shit-ton of troubles. My current issue is trying to get the jaw to move.

I'm using a resin base mask for this, but I'm not using hinges, instead trying to marry resin masks with the older elastic system of a moving-jaw mask. My problem here is, even though I can open and close the jaw when I hold the top of the mask, it pulls down the entire mask instead of just moving the jaw if I don't hold it.

I've tried going to that one LJ that has a bunch of resources but no one ever seems to post problems about using resin with elastic. So if anyone can point me to a place that has a possible solution...

(i know i know, undertale trash ugh)
>>
>>8742848
>1) how does sizing work for geta? some people say to buy exactly your foot measurement, some say to buy a few centimeters shorter.

I hear it's the vogue thing to buy it a little shorter.
Personally I'd buy my size because walking around a con in too small shoes with my heel slightly off sounds uncomfortable.

This episode of Japanology put out by the NHK goes into detail about geta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4t5Esk0OTI
>>
>>8742848
>>8743898
I've tried it too small for a cosplay (not that style though, the 2-pronged ones), and it was actually real fucking comfortable.

I know the thing with the heel sounds uncomfortable but just practice a little bit at home to get the gist of it and you can easily walk for a con day with it. I even did two days.

The only thing I would say might be a bit difficult is stairs, but that's because I didn't practice those at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (454 KB, 859x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
454 KB, 859x1280
Where would I find this style?
>>
File: 169-2-1446817898.jpg (159 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
169-2-1446817898.jpg
159 KB, 1440x900
>>8742534
No need for the creases.
>>
>>8743771
got it- definitely check out arda's magnum or something along those lines. theyre pricier but come with a lot of fiber and are easy to style
>>
>>8743999

creases are needed. That's a fake Snake.
>>
>>8744237
>two arms
Nice try Huey
>>
>>8743894
I'd like to know this too. I'm gonna be doing Sans next summer if all goes well.
>>
>>8743212
May would lean towards being Kid friendly and it's pretty recent along with Mimi. If you really want to you can also do something from Kingdom Hearts. Those are only suggestions though.
>>
>>8743467
You tried using yelp as silly as it sounds?
>>
File: 1201151445_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1201151445_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Anyone know of a way i could sew one continous strip around coners like these? Ive tried hotgluing/seeing overlapping strips and it looks decent enough, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do it with one continuous strip.
(Sorry for large pic, posting from phone)
>>
>>8744541
my best idea would be to buy fur fabric by the yard, measure out the amount you would need, and it out in the shape you need. that way it would be continuous
>>
>>8744541
Mitered corners, but that might be a little hard to do with fur...
>>
>>8744651
I would do that but I'm only limited to one yard.
>>8744704
I have no idea what that means, but I'll look it up.

If nothing works, I'll just continue using strips.
>>
File: image.jpg (553 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553 KB, 2048x2048
I want to do a more realistic take on this gun but I'm super bad at identifying guns. What real world gun looks the most similar to this one?
>>
File: imgDetail04_2.png (50 KB, 580x540) Image search: [Google]
imgDetail04_2.png
50 KB, 580x540
What would be best material for her jumpsuit?
>>
>>8745003
try stretch vinyl from spandexworld, some thing like this- http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/8672

>>8744997
looks like a sniper rifle to me! good luck on your widowmaker- im aiming to do tracer sometime soon
>>
>>8744997
>>8745008
https://www.etsy.com/listing/236504781/prop-movie-costume-cosplay-sniper-rifle

something like this could work
>>
Any advice for someone just getting into shironuri?
>>
>>8743463
Nothing?
>>
File: il_570xN.174064666.jpg (79 KB, 511x432) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.174064666.jpg
79 KB, 511x432
Where to buy generic kawaii japanese fabric?
>>
>>8745232
It's a slow board. Some questions take time. Sorry wish I could help.
>>
File: 1433627_f520.jpg (34 KB, 520x516) Image search: [Google]
1433627_f520.jpg
34 KB, 520x516
I know it's out there, but I prefer 4chin experts to direct me to a guide or pattern for the generic Jedi outfit.
I've googled some of it but I'm not yet convinced until I can cross reference with someone more knowledgeable here.
>>
>>8745616
I'm surprised there isn't a general thread yet, with the new movie coming in less than 3 weeks.
I, too, would like something to wear when I go to watch the movie with my friends.
>>
>>8745616
>>8745629
http://sewingpatterns.com/sub_item.php?item_num=5840SIM
Very easy pattern to follow, even if you are new to sewing.
>>
>>8745256
Taobao has some lovely fabric shops for the DIYers.

Check with the taobao thread and spreadsheet to see which stores are out there.
>>
File: 1392178897388.jpg (139 KB, 911x876) Image search: [Google]
1392178897388.jpg
139 KB, 911x876
>>8744541
>>8744704
>>8744734

I second mitered corners.
I think you can pull it off even with fur.

One way to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__28E8P-ztc

My favorite way is pic.
>>
>>8745769
Ew.
Why are you doing it that way? You can't hide the stitching now.
>>
>>8745773
then pull the pile out to cover it retard.
that is honestly the best way to do it, corraborating what the other three said.
>>
>>8745778
>then pull the pile out to cover it retard.
Yes, that will work great on fur and nothing else.
You want to do good mitered corners and apply clean edges?
http://ryuuraigeki.livejournal.com/358924.html

That other way is not the "best" way to do it, it is just the quickest way to do it.
>>
>>8745783
they asked about fur so that's what we answered with.
>>
>>8745784
And I was addressing the stupidity of doing all mitered corners that way, not just with fur. Even your example pic is shitty. Just loom at how horrendous the top stitching is. This is the advice you want to pass along?
Yes, with fur, you can hide that shit, by why would you recommend such shitty, half-assed advice instead of suggesting the better, and proper, way to do it? Because sure, this could work for this exact instance. And then this person is going to do something without fur that need mitered corners and will do this lazy ass approach, and it will look awful.
Don't teach the short cuts. Teach the proper methods first.
>>
I have a curly wig, but is really horrible to brush. I feel I just make it worse. What can I do?
>>
>>8745787
>And I was addressing the stupidity of doing all mitered corners that way, not just with fur.

That's not what you said in >>8745773

You got called on it. Understand that.

Don't talk down to other people when you couldn't even properly convey your thoughts.
>>
>>8745860

Do not brush curly wigs. You comb them with a wide tooth comb. If you have one, don't brush or comb fro type wigs.

Try soaking it with some warmish water to help the like curls find each other again. Let it air dry and see if it improves. After it dries completely spray it lightly with oil sheen spray and comb again.

It might be too far gone to help but if it's not too bad it should help.
>>
File: Petticoat.jpg (25 KB, 595x373) Image search: [Google]
Petticoat.jpg
25 KB, 595x373
Hello all! I'd like to sew a petticoat, similar to pic related. I've never really sewn much before and I want to know if I should do it or not. Instead of tulle I'm interested in organza. Go or no? Help much appreciated!
>>
How do I go about dying tights? I have a lavender dress and some white tights that I'd like to make match.
>>
>>8746313
Organza is nicer, but if you aren't confident in your abilities it is going to cost quite a bit more. But, tulle deflates very quickly.
>>
File: 1448718625148.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1448718625148.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Cross-posting this from the handmade thread, because I need to start buying the notions for this project. Pic is the fabric I am using to make a rectangle skirt, which I plan to line. I'm not sure what materials to use for that. Additionally, I am a fairly new lolita and was wondering if it would be alright to incorporate black trim because the vast majority of my accessories are also black. If that doesn't look good, I can also make the skirt with only cream trim but then wear it with other black items and incorporate the cream and pink through accessories.
>>
File: Skirt draft1.png (43 KB, 915x628) Image search: [Google]
Skirt draft1.png
43 KB, 915x628
>>8746508
>2/2
This is my mockup for the skirt design with black. Without black I would just do two ruffles of cream lace along the bottom and cream lace on the bow on top.
>>
File: 465402-4985-2015-09-16242268.jpg (39 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
465402-4985-2015-09-16242268.jpg
39 KB, 250x333
>>8746508
>>8746511

Do not do black on it or on your accessories.
That's a cute enough fabric to be a nice classic skirt but black is going to clash.

You're going to have to match the cream color in it.

It looks like it would make a pretty bustle skirt (pictured) , or something with minimal decorations that allows the print to be the feature.

I wonder if a delicate cluny lace might work with it?
Or a lovely cream sheer ruffle gathered on both ends
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1536x2048
Does anyone have a good tutorial for Fril for IOS or please help me translate this? Thank you
>>
>>8747023
Thank you so much. I am still a fairly new seamstress so I will probably just try a rectangle skirt but use that sort of lace. In the future I can pick up some more fabric and try a bustle? It depends on how difficult it would be.
>>
>>8746504
That was my thought. Thank you so much!
>>
File: 217438-aliya06.jpg (33 KB, 209x274) Image search: [Google]
217438-aliya06.jpg
33 KB, 209x274
where can I find small chain like the one pictured.
every place I look only has (what I can see to be) be industrial chains.
>>
Whenever I sew horsehair braid it ALWAYS flips the hem up so you can see the wrong side of the fabric. How do I make it stop?
>>
>>8748134
if youre in the US, try an Ace Hardware. I work at one and we have like 3 different rolls of chain almost that exact size.
>>
File: 1390093587430.jpg (980 KB, 500x2973) Image search: [Google]
1390093587430.jpg
980 KB, 500x2973
>>
>>8748232
Sorry, was meant for >>8748226
>>
File: madoka.png (605 KB, 669x896) Image search: [Google]
madoka.png
605 KB, 669x896
does anyone know a suitable pattern for pic related?
>>
What's a good yukata pattern I could use? Also, I should make it out of cotton right?
>>
>>8748426
Forgot to mention that I'm looking to make a yukata for males.
>>
>>8748352
on the topic of maid dresses, what fabric would be best?
>>
one of my friends is a ginger and i've been getting him into cosplay. we've put wigs on him and stuff but his eyelashes are really light and it makes him look weird af.

does anyone have any suggestions on how we can fix this? the only thing i can think of is mascara but obvs we don't want to make him look like a girl lol.
>>
>>8748487
try dark brown mascara, in a really natural formula. shouldn't look too feminine, but only put on 1 coat to avoid super girly lashes
>>
File: Bloodborne - Eileen, the Crow.png (628 KB, 426x696) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne - Eileen, the Crow.png
628 KB, 426x696
Need help pertaining to this costume.

Have everything planned out for mask, hat, wings, gloves, trousers etc.
The only problem I have is, I don't know what coat to use as my base. I've seen pictures of really, REALLY good costumes where the coat is exactly like the actual character, but I can't find any in the UK.
I have one potential coat but it's not 100% accurate, which I'll supply in the next post.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (245 KB, 1035x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
245 KB, 1035x1600
>>8748916
Crap, forgot to post. My bad.
>>
>>8748940
isn't long enough and the collar is way too small
>>
>>8748916
>>8748940
I've just decided to make my own. It won't be anytime soon, but my girlfriend's a seamstress so hopefully she'll help me out with it.
See you all on the other side.
>>
Anyone ever had custom toric lenses made? I'm considering dropping the hundreds of dollars necessary but just wanted to know where I might get it done and what the experience was like.
>>
>>8745599
No worries, I was just quoting it in case people missed it. Thanks anyway though!
>>
>>8749175
You do have a prescription correct? I can find a few places even though I personally never wore them myself.
>>
File: giphy.gif (517 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
517 KB, 480x854
Trying to make the dress for a shygal but I'm quite... well... very lost.
>>
Are there any clothing stores that sell knee-high socks for people with thick legs? I have developed gross beefy amazon legs from hiking and every knee high sock I try on stretches in an unsightly way.
>>
>>8749319
sockdreams.com
>>
>>8749230
I do have a prescription, but I am looking for yellow toric lenses, which on my initial investigation don't seem to exist.
>>
>>8749377
Thank you, that's perfect!
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 1280x1712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 1280x1712
How to make a pattern for custom clothing? How do you know the right size of pattern? Sewing new fag.
Pic related. My dream cosplay
>>
File: Oppw2-enel.jpg (165 KB, 1000x1350) Image search: [Google]
Oppw2-enel.jpg
165 KB, 1000x1350
Where/how can i get or make these clothes?
>>
>>8749438
so basically
>teach me everything I need to know about making clothes because I don't know what google or youtube are
>>
>>8749438
if you cant sew then either git gud at sewing or just make a dress with the same shape and paint the fabric

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Fabric-Painting
>>
>>8749901
>paint the fabric
thats stupid advice dont listen to this guy.
>>
>>8749438
you don't need to make a pattern for that they probably have a million patterns that look like that at the craft store if you bothered to look before asking us stupid questions.
>>
>>8737402
Where the fuck can I buy sheep wool like fabric in Montreal/Ottawa or at least a place that ships to Canada that doesn't cost an arm or a leg.
>>
First time poster, I was wondering how I should go about asking if anyone would be interested in doing cosplay of a niche, particular piece of media that they may not have even heard of. I can't offer any compensation other than a small amount of attention, if that was something they were interested in.
>>
>>8751050
I don't know if this will be helpful but I was just today at an Ikea in the US and saw this rug. It's wool shaped like a sheepskin. Here's the canadaland link:
>http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70026822/
>>
File: Large_0353234.jpg (94 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Large_0353234.jpg
94 KB, 1000x1000
>>8751058
>http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70026822/
Thank you, but this isn't quite it! Something more like.
>>
>>8751070
hmmm how about this one? this is the only other sheepy thing I saw
>http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30139623/
>>
>>8751055
So you want someone to dress up as your waifu so you can have fap material, and you won't even pay for the cost of materials to make the costume?
>>
File: wDSC08419_1024x1024.jpg (169 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
wDSC08419_1024x1024.jpg
169 KB, 681x1024
If a dress isn't made specifically for lolita, but still has the silhouette and is styled appropriately, is it loita? Or must it be brand? What makes a dress appropriate for lolita? I found this dress and will it go well if styled with a blouse and and peter-pan collar and petticoat?
>>
>>8751264
I'm not an expert by any means but here's my 2 cents.

it could technically work but it'd require a lot of styling.

for one, the really small thin bow on the bodice would have to go, it looks cheap, you dont see bows like that in lolita. further, the dress has a lack of lace or ruffles or really any interesting details in construction. also idk about the fabric the dress is made out of but it kind of looks like black milk material and if so that's a no no. all those things make it obvious as not lolita. i cant give you advice on how to style it to make it lolita cuz i am admittedly a noob. but from what i can see the lack of elegant/cute/sweet details and possibly the fabric are the two biggest problems
>>
>>8751264
I think the print is way too saturated and the bodice looks hella ugly.
The bow on it 100% has to go.
Maybe if you coorded it with brown/cream and covered the bodice up with a cardgian it could work but it's kind of an eyesore as is...
I'll post you a collage if you really want to wear it though?
>>
File: dress.png (301 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
dress.png
301 KB, 640x350
>>8751264
I have this version of the print and have worn it styled as lolita. Bernie Dexter dresses are made of heavyweight cotton, are fully lined, and are designed to last for a long time so they're wonderfully good quality. I think it looks lovely styled in a country/springtime themed way.

>>8751275
If you're a self confessed noob and have no clue about the pieces you're trying to dole out advice on, probably reconsider.
>>
>>8751308
The colors look so much nicer in these pictures.
Also I like the design of this one a lot more overall.
>>
>>8751297
A collage would be so nice.
>>8751308
Thanks for letting me know and showing me a different cut in the dress.
>>
File: bright ass dres coord.png (2 MB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
bright ass dres coord.png
2 MB, 1600x899
>>8751321
>>
>>8751331
That's a great tool, thank you.
>>
>>8751312
the colours of the dress are much more muted and nowhere near as bright as the stock photo posted earlier, the blue is more of a sky blue than a full on neon.

>>8751321
I think she's done this print in four different dress styles as well as a skirt, so you've got plenty of options!
>>
>>8751341
collage anon
Yeah this picture makes the print look 1000000x nicer. I def agree that it could work for lolita too
You could coord it with just pink/white too, the brown just tones it done more and makes it less of an eyesore.
But if it's not neon then you don't really need it.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 600x800
What would you guys say is the best type of wood to make swords from?

I want something that's sturdy but won't take a century to cut/sand down.
>>
I'm a girl who is completely bald and I kinda wanna cosplay fem! one punch man but I don't want to look like shit. Advice?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So, a visor I made of fluorescent plastic just broke as I was shaping it. Is there any way to fix it without the crack being super obvious?
>>
>>8751900
Nope. It will always be a very visible line. Start over, but save that one for battle damage Peridot.
>>
>>8751495
Just don't do a slutty version.
Also, if you do a casual version, instead of having boobs on the hoodie, do it with balls.
>>
Im planning a 50s style cosplay, but am not confident in my upper arms. I was thinking of making a classing 50s halter dress with a blouse underneath. Does anyone have, like, any images saved of how that looks? I can't find anything online. Maybe I'm searching the wrong keywords or maybe no one did that..
>>
>>8751495

Do his leotard as usual. Your girl shape will make it fem.

Used higher heeled boots that extend up to your knees.
Perhaps do a tighter glove shape.

You can also try his leotard super girl style with the top being normal and the bottom being a circle skirt that drapes. Shorter white cape.
>>
File: IMG_3337.jpg (251 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3337.jpg
251 KB, 700x450
First time working with foam and spraypaint. What did I do wrong? I plastidipped, then spraypainted a few coats, but it's all bubbly and looks like an orange peel. How do I get a smoother outcome? (it's also almost freezing in my state, does that affect the outcome?)
>>
>>8748462
Quilt cotton
>>
File: ansem-cosplay-house.jpg (98 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
ansem-cosplay-house.jpg
98 KB, 400x600
Got a con in three weeks. Should I buy this from cosplayhouse? Always wanted to do ansem. Or are there any alternatives or advice?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 1000x1250
Where can I find cute wallet cases for an iPhone six plus? I searched 'wallet cases' but nothing.
>>
>>8752542
I would not bank on getting that in time. If you want to cosplay but can't sew or thrift/storebuy, see if you can buy one premade in dealer's hall.
>>
File: 524747-671-2015-11-28844491.jpg (126 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
524747-671-2015-11-28844491.jpg
126 KB, 600x800
I recently acquired this salopette, and I really love it but the scalloped bottom is giving me trouble. I want to coord it with an ivory/off-white underskirt, but I'm having a hard time finding a plain one. Any leads or suggestions?
>>
>>8752115
Yes, different temperatures can affect the drying process, but mostly this looks like the foam texture coming through. You need to do more than just a layer of plastidip. You need something like gesso. And several layers of it, with sanding in between.
>>
>>8751486
Balsa wood is usually great for props as it is light weight and easy to cut and shape. The downside being that it is possible to break, if you start treating it like a larping sword or anything. Though for posing and general con activities, it will work well.
>>
>>8752727
Why do you want an underskirt and is the dress even ivory?
>>
File: T2i3KjXcdbXXXXXXXX_!!770417.jpg (66 KB, 240x600) Image search: [Google]
T2i3KjXcdbXXXXXXXX_!!770417.jpg
66 KB, 240x600
>>8752738
The dress is the colour pictured in my first post (the lighter parts of the design are an ivory/off white) I just worry that the scalloped edge is too plain. The model photos in the other colourway have her wearing an underskirt and it looks fairly nice, I think.
>>
I'm going to be handcuffed to another for a cosplay. Should I feel nervous?
>>
>>8752912
I hope you'll both be bringing ways to get out of the handcuffs, if you want to eat or pee you're going to have problems real quick. Also would recommend sticking to painted plastic rather than actual metal for both comfort and safety - if someone trips over or gets glomped by some moron it won't be pretty, better to have something that will break in such circumstances
>>
>>8752916
Steel. We'll both have a key. There's a sex shop outside of town, maybe I can use some fuzzy ones? Plastic feels like they would break. The chain is short, so if we coordinate well we won't trip. Random glompers will be a problem. I hate them.
>>
>>8752918
Out of general curiosity, who will you two be dressing up as? Is it L and Light. It sounds like it.
>>
>>8752925
Jam and Bridget from Guilty Gear actually.
>>
>>8752927
Oh kinky
>>
File: my heart.jpg (68 KB, 400x568) Image search: [Google]
my heart.jpg
68 KB, 400x568
How do reservations work?
I currently do not have the funds to preorder a dress before the reservation is up. Will the store make any extra dresses to be sold later to those who didn't preorder?
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this to be honest but I really want to get some film accurate storm trooper armour without getting a mold kit and I found this site called originalstormtrooper.com claiming they are run by the guy who made the Armour from the first star wars film. It's cheaper to get it from there than another site which I know to be accurate anvos but I am worried if I get it from this site if I go to the 501st they will call me out on it.
>>
>>8737402
Yeah I solved my >>8716925 problem. I ordered one pre-made costume from eBay for the giggles and it was pretty well made. Good material and way too big but I have no trouble slimming it down.
>>
File: 1449469054278s.jpg (8 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
1449469054278s.jpg
8 KB, 250x166
I was browing FO cosplays and saw probrably the most bitching suit of power armor I have ever see. I believe the maker was or Ilya Solopov. How is something like this made? I have done pepekura in the past but without god tier bondo sculpting it never looks good or always comes out blocky. Is this suit resin cast? It looks like the thigh armor is wrinkled when he steps so it has to be some kind of vinyl or nylon wrapped around a solid piece?
>>
File: file.png (407 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
407 KB, 640x500
Hi /cgl/, I want to turn a dark blue jacket into Lilac-Purple for a Batman's Joker costume.

I tried decolorating the jacket with a special declorating product for fabric, but it did absolutely nothing.

Aliexpress said it was "cottong courdroy" (HA!). I already spent €30 plus €10 on the decoloroation product and the "windsor purple" fabric dye, so I don't want to spend much more.

It's not intendended to be as pro as a cosplay costume, so I suppose it's enough with something cheap like spray paint or acrylic paint.

What are your experiences?

PS: consider that the jacket is a little bit darker in origin than in the intended result
>>
>>8753228

I can show you pics of the clothes in late evening daylight, if you want.
>>
File: 1448657598171.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
1448657598171.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1728
>>8742534
So are you thinking something like this anon?
>>
File: file.png (814 KB, 670x894) Image search: [Google]
file.png
814 KB, 670x894
>>8753228
>>8753233
>>
File: DSC00852.jpg (2 MB, 2896x1632) Image search: [Google]
DSC00852.jpg
2 MB, 2896x1632
>>8753228
>>8753233
>>8753267
with a reflex camera
>>
Best push up bra for a very flat chested 32A? My next cosplay is pretty revealing but I'm not generous in the chest area
>>
>>8753562
Bombshell
>>
>>8753120

501st most likely wouldn't call you out on it.
>>
>>8753562
3 bras and socks works wonders
>>
I remember seeing before that certain circle lens websites wouldn't be able to ship to the USA anymore, was that just a rumor or did they really tighten things up?
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 703x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 703x1000
Trying to find a wig for Kirumi. I can't find one in the right shade of purple, except for the cheapie ones on eBay and I'm not sure if I want to take that risk.
>>
>>8753562
Buy a push up bra from China. Shit is padded to the max.
>>
>>8753562
try something like this
>>
Whatever I do, I can't get my body paint to apply evenly. Sponges, brushes, youtube tuts, you name it, I tried it, probably. Any advice?
>>
>>8737829
Check out MyFitnessPal, it's pretty rad. Reduce calorie intake, eat better, move more.
>>
File: tomsuitgloves.jpg (35 KB, 650x432) Image search: [Google]
tomsuitgloves.jpg
35 KB, 650x432
So I needed a few lycra pieces to go under a set of armor I'm making. A leotard, stockings, and gloves. However the site I used last time, and the only one I can find that has such a wide range of styles and colors seems to be gone. I used Tomsuit before. Does anyone know anywhere else where I could get opera length lycra gloves? I've looked everywhere and everything seems to be fucking satin or they don't come in black. I've managed to find the same stockings and leotard from a few different ebay sellers, but not the gloves. Help?
>>
>>8754181
This may not apply to you, but I had a similar problem when I first tried body paint as well. Turns out, I have pretty dry skin, and as I applied the paint, the moisture in it would get sucked up into my skin and leave the paint looking splotchy and uneven. So now, before I apply any makeup or body paint, I make sure to moisturize quiet a bit.
Though again, that may not be the same case for you.
>>
>>8754196
welovecolors
>>
How to make boobs look bigger with low neck shirt? >>8754025 tutorial won't help much since all the bras will show.
>>
>>8755240
How low are we talking? The neckline the girl is wearing in the tutorial is pretty low.
>>
>>8755252
Like really low neck.
>>
>>8755261
fake boops
>>
>>8755261
http://www.geocities.jp/renfujimori/repo/oppai.html
>>
File: t1hpl8-i.jpg (67 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
t1hpl8-i.jpg
67 KB, 750x1000
>>8755261
look into quantum destiny's fake boob tutorial for something like that, or if you really want to use your own boobs and if you can adjust the waistline a little, you can do a deep plunge bra (places like victoria's secret have them, pic related)
>>
File: tumblr_n6x9bfHrix1s95595o1_500.png (293 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6x9bfHrix1s95595o1_500.png
293 KB, 500x483
>>8755261
>>8755303
and some more boob makeup to emphasize the shape. if your boobs are small, there's no way to get them exactly as huge as hers, but you can at least make yours look bigger with makeup/stuffing/plunge bra
>>
Places to identify a dress besides lolibrary?
>>
I always get a horrible headache by the end of day after wearing a wig. Any suggestions to avoid this?
(It's ok initially, but it slowly feels like it strangles my head...)
>>
>>8751050
Bump, thanks again to the anon for trying though.
>>
>>8755694
Try wigs that are sized for larger heads and keep popping pain relievers throughout the day.
>>
>>8755694
Hydrate more. Keep a bottle of water on you at all times, and drink throughout the day. A lot of people claim those headaches come from tight fitting wigs, but if you put it on, and don't get a headache in the first hour, then it's not the size of the wig that is the problem.
Wearing something heavy and constricting, like a wig, can cause you to dehydrate much faster than normal, which can cause headaches. So, hydrate lots.
>>
File: L_6hR_UBisM.jpg (68 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
L_6hR_UBisM.jpg
68 KB, 604x604
I'm making a costume that needs some strategic wear and tear, but also don't want any edge fraying. Pic related is the costume I'm making and also the exact kind of distress I want.

But I can't tell how they did it? It kind of looks like they just lined it and stitched it down carefully along the edges, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
>>
>>8755803
One good way to do this is to burn the edges. You need to be careful obviously. Outside, pavement, water etc. Candles are good since matches have short lives and lighters get hot. Rip/cut the edges then burn along them. Do a test with extra fabric first, some fabrics will melt/look shitty. Expect there to be brown around the edges, it adds to the weathered look. One thing to do is cut small holes near the edge then burn them, it looks cool if done right.
>>
File: CGD2-33681.jpg (7 KB, 323x424) Image search: [Google]
CGD2-33681.jpg
7 KB, 323x424
Anyone knows any shops that sell good quality over-the-knee socks? have long legs so I need it at least 85-90cm for a nice gap.

Pic related, was thinking of trying to get it at Cospatio. Anyone had try their socks before?
>>
My mother who is 61 this year is cosplaying with me again. She's done it two years in a row with me(C Viper, and Black Widow), but this year we are stumped.

Anyone have any suggestions? She's not real picky, she just doesn't want SUPER heavy wig (so nothing long plz) and she doesn't want anything real skimpy.
So far she's done Black Widow, and C Viper.
>>
>>8756009
older sophie from howl's moving castle, maybe
>>
File: Mgs-sniper-wolf.jpg (56 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
Mgs-sniper-wolf.jpg
56 KB, 400x585
Wanna do sniper wolf for my first cosplay. Need help with lots of things, can I buy similar pants/jacket from somewhere or do I have to sew them? In that case, which material would be best? Where do I buy the elbow covers, military stores? I'm gonna buy an airsoft PSG1 so that's covered at least.
>>
>>8756033
If you plan on wearing this to a con, you might have issues with the airsoft gun. A lot of cons don't allow them.
>>
Whats the best fabric to use for Journey cosplay robes?
>>
I'm planning on making my own check fabric out of a dark blue satin and black sequin fabric for a circle skirt. Is this suicide?
>>
File: IMG_20151208_233300.jpg (1 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_233300.jpg
1 MB, 2368x3200
First timer at making cosplay stuff and I was wondering how I could make this look less plain.

I am happy with what I've been able to make so far but I have no idea what I could add onto it.
>>
File: IMG_20151208_233337.jpg (1 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_233337.jpg
1 MB, 2368x3200
>>8756640
Front shot if that helps.
>>
File: queenb.jpg (92 KB, 650x671) Image search: [Google]
queenb.jpg
92 KB, 650x671
looking for some tips to get started on the cage corset and wig pieces for this outfit, im pretty sure that the corset has shorts built into it, Not sure what you would call this type of dress but if you guys have any ideas for any lemme know
>>
>>8756113
The cons in my country do, thankfully. It has an orange tip too so it should be fine.
>>
>>8752737
Are you dumb? They asked for a sturdy wood. Balsa is weak as fuck, it will break if you so much as bump into something.

>>8751486 is better off going for birch, or pine if they want a softer wood that won't split in half as easily as balsa.
>>
>>8756654
Actually it is more likely to be a bodysuit that has a corset built in, think like bunny outfit pattern. You sound way over your head on this though.
>>
>>8756643
Do you mean in terms of design? My personal suggestion would be to prime it with something, do some sanding, and clean it up. looks very messy.
>>
File: 585992_1000_1_800.jpg (49 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
585992_1000_1_800.jpg
49 KB, 800x800
Kind of a stupid question, but I'm planning on buying my friend some different sewing machine accessories for Christmas, and I was wondering about a few things.

I know that she has a Singer, but do all Singers use the same accessories? Like, if I bought her a Singer brand zipper foot, would it work on any Singer model? Or do they only work on specific models?

Sorry, I don't do much sewing and I'm very new to all this. Thanks for any help!
>>
File: トマトくん.jpg (187 KB, 1283x677) Image search: [Google]
トマトくん.jpg
187 KB, 1283x677
Hi /cgl/, sorry I'm new to your board and I didn't know where else to post this.

I want to have one of these two made. I don't know who to go to if I wanted it custom made or how I could possibly make my own. I'm committed to having this and am willing to go through all the necessary troubles or the expenses to acquire or create one no matter what.

I really don't know how to go about this so any help would be appreciated.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.