[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosplay Problems Personal Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 31
File: gowther.jpg (54 KB, 810x456) Image search: [Google]
gowther.jpg
54 KB, 810x456
Lets make a thread about cosplays that you want to do but are on the fence about or can't/won't for various reasons (or delaying).

Post pic of who and why.

I'll start

Gowther from the Seven Deadly Sins (I'll get better taste in anime one day)

>Be guy (even tho character is a boy)
>Not as petite or feminine (have almost no "boyish charm" slightly?)

I am however very slimming so i'm on the fence

What about you?
>>
File: image.png (221 KB, 351x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221 KB, 351x450
my favorite character from literally anything ever i would die to cosplay him. but i am very small, too feminine, and my skills at crafting aren't anywhere near where they'd be to make this (particularly the arm ugh fuck me up)

also asahi from haikyuu because once again i am very small (anout 5'3") and his hair would be so difficult to make look good with a wig. and my natural hair wouldn't be right for it, plus i don't believe in using natural hair for cosplays
>>
Chibi moon. I've got D cup breasts and a womanly body though. Also I have a bit of a childish face but I'm not sure if it's childish enough. I don't want to look like I'm fetishizing her or something :( maybe if I do the teen version that was in one episode? I really want to do the sailor uniform rather than black lady.
>>
File: 48775470_p0.jpg (115 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
48775470_p0.jpg
115 KB, 512x512
>>8736078
Similar case
King from Seven Deadly sins
>Be a girl who's really into the manga and caught up to the current arc
>A tomboy/sort of manly looking but has a baby like face
>Is 187 cm so can't do it
I don't want to do Diana because I'm not comfortable wearing her outfit and I'm not really that cute either.
>>
File: Hisoka_Design.jpg (72 KB, 720x476) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_Design.jpg
72 KB, 720x476
Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter
>round face
>height 5'3"
>not good at makeup
>too shy to be in character at cons
>>
File: 10248321.jpg (131 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10248321.jpg
131 KB, 600x600
>>8736078
Similar case here too OP planing Diane and struggling with weight and already getting flesh stocking for her legs as I'm no where near confident in my flabby ass.
>>
>>8736107
what is the appeal of this character? i found him quite boring and fear i missed something important.
>>
File: 19013iron.jpg (49 KB, 443x654) Image search: [Google]
19013iron.jpg
49 KB, 443x654
Iron Maiden Jeanne from Shaman King

I'm short enough and have a decent face for her, but I'm super curvy with thick arms. I also have absolutely no idea where to start with her outfit. What would I make it out of???? How am I supposed to walk in shoes like that? And that wig. The wig alone would cost over $100 and be impossible to manage, let alone store properly.
>>
File: genos.png (141 KB, 472x538) Image search: [Google]
genos.png
141 KB, 472x538
>never attempted armour before
>can't afford perscription sclera
>very feminine shapes
>>
About 200 costumes
>Are strapless
>Have large amount of under arm fat that is really obvious especially when boobs are pushed up.
>Even had it when I was 115lbs
>Did 2 costumes of this sort
>Got photos back
>Want to burn costumes

Unless there is some magic trick as how to hide it I'll never be able to wear those costumes. :'(
>>
>>8736133
oh my god don't get me started on what i love about bucky barnes i will never ever shut up the world does not need to be subjected to my eternal ranting
>>
>>8736114
>>8736126

The struggle is real for us

Gowther is simple enough i think if i get the stuff and feel ridiculous id be fine with the money loss and knowing at least i tried it

>Have yet to see a guy do Gowther

Not worried about looking girlish more so than just looking awful in general although i guess that's anyone's fear of a specific costume
>>
>>8736163
top 3 things?
>>
>>8736133
In a nutshell. He's kind of a woobie.

Sebastian Stan just does a great job conveying the internal conflict with his eyes alone. Also helps he's hot as hell.

And personally, that robot arm really turns me on.
>>
File: Birdy_Shifon_Arutiira.png (123 KB, 526x430) Image search: [Google]
Birdy_Shifon_Arutiira.png
123 KB, 526x430
> Afraid of being harassed by creeps
> Have some fat deposits that can't get rid of even after losing a bunch of weight
> Obscure series
>>
File: Graham.jpg (2 MB, 3746x5000) Image search: [Google]
Graham.jpg
2 MB, 3746x5000
speaking of woobies.

everyone would just think i'm cosplaying a Winchester if i do this. and my facial structure is entirely wrong.

cosplaying live-action is a lot less forgiving when it comes to looks.
>>
>>8736174
GO D um as other anon said it helps a lot that sebastian stan is amazing at acting through only his facial expressions

but overall i guess i'm just a sucker for characters who have been through shittons of trauma and brainwashing and just have pain in their hearts (like with wtnv when i listened to triptych i immediately fell in love with kevin along with everyone else)

idk i just think he's really interesting overall?? just the idea of all the shit he's been through and that he was strong enough to break through it and save steve in the end i have a lot of emotions ok like i just want to wrap him in a big soft blanket and give him some hot cocoa and protect him from this terrible world
>>
>>8736183
Just get a wendigo Hannibal. That'll help a bit. You're not at all wrong about live-action cosplays being unforgiving, though; if you don't look exactly like the character, good fucking luck.
>>
>be a guy
>not buff
>not a stick with a sharp face
>there's like no in between
>>
Alternate Outfit of Oichi.
>> fat ugly legs from when I was fat
>> face type does not look good with that hair style
>> pants? Panties? Wtf is under that thing.
>>
>>8736196

I feel your pain

>Have awkward in between

I wish i could just be way more feminine or very masculine

At least i am very slim i guess
>>
>>8736126
even cosplayers with the best legs still wear pantihose/nude dance tights with costumes like this. Don't need to feel bad about that at all.
>>
>>8736210
just buy some bikini swim bottoms?
>>
>>8736111
I am a 34DD, when I'm trying to cos cuter characters/and or crossplay I just wear binders. makes things easier, bind even though she's a girl char to make it more accurate that way
>>
>>8736238
Thanks anon I'd been really worried about it
>>
File: ACB3721.jpg (149 KB, 400x910) Image search: [Google]
ACB3721.jpg
149 KB, 400x910
> want to cosplay Athena from bl:tps
> have a baby face and no ass
> feels bad
>>
File: pls.png (142 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
142 KB, 500x700
I'm chubby, for one, and for two, I have boobs. ;;
>>
>>8736244
Wouldn't a binder make my boobs just look like a uniboob? I've never actually seen one before
>>
>>8736275

Still might have a shot imo
>>
>>8736138

Genos is same for me, anon.
Mostly worried about getting that armor look right..

Will attempt though, it's a dream cosplay!
>>
>>8736078
A little makeup can go a long way anon. Just a bit of eyeliner, foundation and highlighter can make a huge difference. You don't have to go drag to be a little more feminine.

Though do be prepared for the older fujoshit who will think you're from Gravitation
>>
>>8736289

Where this from? Looks interesting!
>>
>>8736345
Adekan
>>
i will never have the body or athleticness to do this. more than that, i will never have the right attitude. he's my favorite character to play and i love the idea of bringing him to life in all his discomfiting glory, but i could never do this 2edgy4u attention whore freakshow justice.
>>
>>8736224

like as a guy your options are

>huge muscle shirtless guy
>massive armor costume
>be super thin with a pointed jawline for all the "nerdy" and shonen characters

thats it. also being able to sew means nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 382x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 382x600
>175cm
>can pull off a convincing and nice Ami
>but I want to be Taiga...
>& my boyfriend is a perfect Ryuji too

I can somehow cheat my way out when the series did not explicitly mention about the character's height. But when the character is known to be short, there's no way I can cheat my way out without looking like a fool...
>>
File: 2178934-filia10.png (141 KB, 600x636) Image search: [Google]
2178934-filia10.png
141 KB, 600x636
>Organise a skullgirls group years ago.
>Finish my Filia costume but the group falls through because time constraints.
>Still have the costume at home but can't wear it now because i'm a teacher now.

I really want to wear it but i'll probably get in alot of trouble if I get caught dressed as Filia. If there was a way to conceal the face I'd wear it.
>>
>>8736344

That's actually pretty helpful. I may need to look into this.
>>
>>8736366
Oh God, i would have no problems at cosplaying him, but i just HATE IT that i have niether height or body type to do it properly.
>>
>>8736552
how about one of those anime masks, i cant remember what they are called. Upside you'll hide your face and you can cosplay; downside its the mask.
>>
>>8736147
It might not be underarm fat. It sounds like breast tissue migration.
>>
>character is 4'7
>I am 5'6
>accurate heels would probably make me 5'8

I am flat chested (barely B cup) and have a baby face, but I am really not sure I would do her any justice with my height as it is
>>
>>8736291
Binders press down and out, but if you're really firm you might still get some boobage going on.
>>
>>8736761
>caring this much about height
I'm 5'10" and I'm going to cosplay whoever I want, even if they're barely 5'.
>>
>>8736504

Yeah that's very true. My roommate is buff as fuck and cosplays Zack (FF7) he does the character so much justice.

I guess i at least have the whole slim/thin and tall thing going for me. Somewhat pointed jawline too
>>
>>8736552

What kind of commie land do you live in where you are going to get into trouble for doing things on your own free time.

Half your coworkers are probably functioning alcoholics who party every weekend. Dressing up in something kinda skimpy is worse than that?
>>
>>8736289
This is also a dream (the koi umbrella outfit tho) and I have the same problem. Even though I already lost weight, I still have rounded shapes.
I hope one day you get to do it, anon!

>>8736338
Good luck, anon! I really hope you get to do it.
I think I might attempt him with just the arms exposed sometime but damn, the sclera thing is really bothering me. Curse being half blind..
>>
>>8736190
You sound like Tumblr. You should probably go back there.
>>
>>8736807
It makes me feel happy to see other tall girls saying this. All of my favorite characters are the cutesy loli ones, aside from Sakaki. I just wanna be cute too
>>
>>8737031
hey i got asked why i like him so much so i answered. the fact remains he's my favorite character but i will never be able to pull off a cosplay of him
>>
>>8737064

I'll cosplay him for you and we can hang out, while I complain to you about all the qt girls I'll never be able to cosplay.
>>
>>8737113
I AM SO DOWN W THAT (and depending on what those qt girls are i could cosplay them for you!!)
>>
>>8737119
> inb4 underagedb&
>>
File: Weather_report_profile.png (1 MB, 560x1200) Image search: [Google]
Weather_report_profile.png
1 MB, 560x1200
>character is like over 6 foot
>female also too much of a feminine figure also only 5'4
>no way ever hope of cosplaying him ever, even though I can do makeup to look close to him face wise
>>
Cosplaying a nazi when one of your closest friends is Jewish and you're not white...
>>
>>8737296
3edgy5me
>>
>>8737301
Pretty much. But I love Hellsing and that's the problem.
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 180x380) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 180x380
>am 5'3 100lb tiny girl with zero muscle
>so pale i can barely find foundation light enough to match my skintone

i guess i could just cosplay maxie, but i love archie too much
>>
>>8736344
>>8736674
Look for tutorials on natural look makeup. You probably don't need to go into full on contouring or whatnot, just get your face smoothed out, slim out your nose, highlight the cheekbones, and use a tiny bit of eye makeup (soft liner and mascara, doesn't even need to be black, just dark brown would work) to make your lashes look thick. Bam, you're a pretty boy without looking like you're trying to be a girl.
>>
>>8737119
>while waiting to pass 18
4chan is an 18+ site, go away kid
>>
File: brian-molko-2006-0026.jpg (473 KB, 2341x2524) Image search: [Google]
brian-molko-2006-0026.jpg
473 KB, 2341x2524
>>8737385
pic related, lots of pretty boy rockers use light makeup.
>>
>>8737119
>while waiting to pass 18
See you later, anon
>>
>>8736511
do a group and make sure theyre all taller than you
>>
>>8736172
I haven't seen a person do King or Escanor either. I guess those characters are not that popular from the manga. I seen Elizabeth and the Captain so far along with tons of Diana cosplayers.
>>
>>8736133
>>8736163
>>8736176
Him and Steve had a thing going on in the comic books. I'm not joking. Total bromance and as the other anons said he's a woobie because Marvel hates him. He's the only character that stayed dead for a long time.
>>
>>8736275
You can get a fake ass. Not sure about the rest though.
>>
>cosplay loli characters
>have loli proportions
>have loli face
>be fucking tall
every time someone meets me in person they always say "wow you're so much taller than I thought! I thought you were 5' from your photos!"
>>
>>8737385
>>8737421

That's extremely helpful thanks! I want to do casual Gilgamesh too and this would help that as well.
>>
>>8737025
>I hope one day you get to do it, anon!
It's good motivation for me to get in shape, at least? I still don't know what to do about my boobs though.
>>
>>8737441

Gowther needs some rep at cons, i'm fortunate enough to be just about as slimming as he is to help do him justice.
>>
>>8736114
Let's all have bad taste in anime together. I like Diane too, but have no interest in wearing that body suit. It's why I decided to go with Guild in her full armor.
>>
>>8736183
just get the semi-round glasses he sometimes wears, anon
at least to not get confused with the Supernatural guys, and you don't need to wear them all the time (Will doesn't)
>>
>>8737156

Magik, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Sif
>>
>>8736289
Oh anon, I also love adekan but am also female. The only nice thing I could cosplay is either one of the pottery twins.
>>
File: King_Tekken_6[1].jpg (265 KB, 417x712) Image search: [Google]
King_Tekken_6[1].jpg
265 KB, 417x712
>Hunting Jaguars is illegal
>Really jacked

I blame cartoons/video games/wrestling for messed up body image and wanting to roid.
>>
>>8737776
>Hunting Jaguars is illegal
anon....
>>
>>8737509

Diane is pretty much Cammy status just with a hammer, but i welcome more armor cosplays.
>>
>>8737860

Is it not? I guess I just assumed
>>
One of my dream cosplays is the GARO armor, but

>tiny
>glasses (so masks would be a bitch)
>cheap
>My drive for building shit is just so low and especially for something as detailed as this, I'd burn out super fast
>>
>>8737292
Do it, anon. I'd love you forever.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a 5'2 girl and want to cosplay him as well.
>>
>>8738341
Man I really want to, cosplay wise he's pretty simple it's just I'm so short and feel bad about that. Haha would it be frowned upon if I wore like wedge shoes or platforms or something? He walks on his tip toes anyway
>>
>>8738273
Tekken player anon here

If you're trying to do King you can just get a fake or faux mask and tail. Do one of the alternative outfits and make 'fake' muscles. There's more than one King. There's drunk King, Mexican King, Armor King, Suit King, the options are limitless. You don't have to do P1 version. I seen people do King before so it's possible unless you're a manlet or a really short woman.
>>
>>8738247
At least it's not quiet as high cut, but the trade off is tots. At least people have the option to do her human sized version. Where she wears the matching waitress outfit or casual outfit at the end of the anime.

Guila has her civilian dress too if I wanted to go casual.
>>
>>8738455

I did like her casual attire, If i get Gowther together i'll hopefully run into a Guila at my local cons in that. (although both versions are great)
>>
>>8738392
You can do a platform/wedge + sole inserts combo if you'd like? I've been meaning to try that myself to see how I like it, considering I'm damn short. Good luck, anon! Go for it, husbando needs more cosplays.
>>
>Enjoyed Steven Universe since the beginning of the show
>The fandom happened
>>
>Be me, Height complex
>Likes cosplaying lolis/young-looking girls
>Tries to come over height complex by looking up to more mature characters
>Ok this is cool now, ill cosplay a mature girl
>Have exercised a lot, and a lack of calcium
>Got 5 cm shorter
Pic related, i cannot escape loli characters doom
>>
>>8739066

I'm sorry for your loss
>>
>>8739452
wut
>>
>>8739452
this isn't how bones work.
>>
>>8739066
Oh anon, this happened to me with Hetalia years ago.

>Be a history geek and a huge fan of the manga
>Planning a cosplay group with friends
>The anime adaptation happens
>The fandom happens
>Hetalia cosplayers associated with ratty fat 15-year olds running with swastika flags and pointing a gun at a synagogue
>7 years later it's still tainted
>Forget about Hetalia and that group forever
>>
>>8739731

Hetalia blew up and now nothing, or at least in my local con scene its dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 642x361
>Can't have abs in time for local con to be Tyler Breeze..
>>
>>8739452
SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DETECTED
>>
>>8738723
I still want to do King but I'm leery because I'm tall. I'm debating if I should do it with the spear anyway. Even more if manga spoilers happen.
>>
>>8741006
>abs in general
I swear to god it's easier to go straight bara than to lose enough body fat without sacrificing muscle
>>
7 deadly is a pretty good anime Tbh Senpai
>>
File: rance.jpg (22 KB, 252x419) Image search: [Google]
rance.jpg
22 KB, 252x419
Im too moody, might not feel like staying in character during the con and all the work will feel wasted

Also hes a rapist
>>
>>8741424

I need to catch up on it i'm so behind
>>
>>8736835
Happens in America all the time
>>
>>8741424
>>8742029
Read the manga for best guy.
>>
>>8741432
Well you don't have to stay in character all con anon. One solution solved.
>>
>>8742145

That's the plan after i get caught up on Durarara. Not enough hours in the day
>>
File: Scene_069.jpg (302 KB, 838x836) Image search: [Google]
Scene_069.jpg
302 KB, 838x836
>not ridiculously tall
>has legs
>>
>>8745582
Well hey, you'd be even less tall if you didn't have legs, so you've at least got that going for you.
>>
>>8736835
>What kind of commie land do you live in where you are going to get into trouble for doing things on your own free time.
>Get a load of this gajin!
Is that a question or statement? 4/10 see me after class.
m8, as a teacher we're on tenderhooks with ANYTHING.
I had to give up going to con's just because a) workload and b) my costumes were... Risqué.
If that shit gets back to your school (usually via social media) u r fcked.
>inappropriate conduct
>>
File: tumblr_nnlj15xUIp1sv5krro3_540.png (70 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnlj15xUIp1sv5krro3_540.png
70 KB, 540x429
I wanted to cosplay as the Demon Cyborg for a while now but there's no way in hell I could pull it off. We are around the same height but to get the armor, the neck pieces, and the fact that I'm not 19 makes it impossible.
>>
>>8746672

IMO Armor in itself is a bitch to deal with
>>
>>8736807
Right? Like have they seen those pictures from Asian cosplayers that crouch for each othet in photos to have the height be right? It doesn't have to be accurate all the time.
>>
The list is actually pretty long but Homucifer probably tops it. I'm a stocky guy with a masculine jaw line that isnt easy to contour away. So any character with a really feminine figure or outfit are just a no go. Unless i want to do a "joke" version, which yeah i do that for Homura in her regular mg outfut but as a cosplayer i kind of what to do a serious version too. That's just not going happen tho.
>>
>>8737314
We solved this problem with changing swastika to neitral sign
>>
File: Cross-Pattee-Heraldry.svg.png (62 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Cross-Pattee-Heraldry.svg.png
62 KB, 2000x2000
>>8747870
What about an iron cross?
>>
>>8738315
it would be cool through
>>
File: tumblr_nwj3a33FnH1t35kwso2_540.jpg (193 KB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwj3a33FnH1t35kwso2_540.jpg
193 KB, 512x720
In the last year my dream cosplay list consisted of cute schoolgirls (love live, idolmaster, pripara). Also, I didn`t cosplayed in this year. It might be connected.
I finished school a long long time ago and just don`t feel confident enough to try it.
>>
>>8749329

Make the leap you will have fun
>>
>>8736078
>connected shoes and pants
>working with spandex + star appliques forever
>not sure if colors will look good on skin tone (Think slightly darker than peanut butter)
>working with spandex+appliques
>little/no makeup practice
>WORKING WITH SPANDEX + APPLIQUES
I really, really want to cosplay Johnny, but I have so many hangups about it.
>>
>>8749500
Spandex is the dream killer
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.