[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6
File: 6899-[1].jpg (69 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
6899-[1].jpg
69 KB, 620x349
New Zealand cosplay scene thread. How goes preparation for Wellygeddon?
>>
>>8735308
Wellington Armageddon is seven months away.
>>
>>8735958
You haven't started preparing?
>>
>>8736173
bruh, these threads are usually about last-minute panic/crying, not sensible early costume preparation.

There was a recent Waikato cosplay picnic and a christmas picnic coming up for Auckland. How was the former and who's ready for the latter?
>>
>>8736425
>There was a recent Waikato cosplay picnic and a christmas picnic coming up for Auckland.
People actually go to these things?
>>
>>8736447
Yeah I can't wait to cosplay Christmas characters because I fucking love Christmas.
>>
>>8736447
Over 100 for each, according to facebook.
>>
>>8737760
Damn. Did any seagulls go?
>>
>>8736447
Yes, people do occasionally interact with other people. Talk even.
>>
>>8735308
There's so many events before then, and it's months upon months until con season comes around again. Thread seems pointless.
>>
>>8736425
>There was a recent Waikato cosplay picnic
I went. There was this really great Rena cosplayer.
>>
>>8736447
>>8736661
When is this christmas picnic?
>>
>>8741966
On saturday.
>>
I'm getting a casual costume ready for the Christmas cosplay picnic, though I've been so lazy and I haven't even finished it. I'd better get my ass into order....
>>
>>8745133
>>8742214
Where in Auckland is it?
>>
>>8745144
Can't you just check facebook for the details? Search Matsuri NZ. They 'll have your answers.
>>
>>8745156
Thanks.
>>
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11556443

Whelp.
>>
>>8749607
It was probably Nathan V and his brony friends running around showing no ettquite again. The article is pretty rubbish though.
>>
>>8749855
>It was probably Nathan V
>article lists full names of those involved
Nice.
>>
Any pictures from the Halloween or Christmas thingys?
>>
>>8750146
Oops! I only read the stuff article and thought that one was the same. Apologies.
>>
>>8750157
Were there halloween events?
>>
>>8750184
Well I'm not sure it was Halloween themed but it happened around Halloween.
>>
>>8749607
>isis costumes
lmao what the fuck dude, where does isis even come into it? I don't think it's particularly a good or tactful idea to be wearing a military costume in the general public let alone near the war memorial museum, but why the fuck would that random guy assume they were wearing isis outfits?
>>
>>8750237
Maybe because of the world's current events. A lot has been happening re: Isis and terror attacks lately, its not stupid to imagine that some people would be on high alert.
>>
>>8750645
Or simply insert ISIS into a headline because that's what people will read over some idiots dancing around in tactical gear.
>>
>>8750645
Yeah but it's really stupid, and the frigging herald should never have run it with a headline like that. The police were like 'uh they're obv in costume, there's no problem' but the herald runs it as 'isis!!!!!'
>>
Whoever that is as Aerith, you did a really swell job.
>>
>>8750837
As people have said, clickbait, also the man that reported them described them as looking like Isis, which I imagine is why they ran with that.
>>
File: ohno.png (21 KB, 489x184) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
21 KB, 489x184
What a shame.
>>
>>8751512
New here. Who is this guy and what did he do?
>>
>>8751514
Read the thread.
>>
>>8751516
I did, they said he wasn't one of the """"ISIS"""" people. You could just tell me instead of being a passive aggressive dick.
>>
>>8751522
>"The men involved: Simon Bainbridge, 29, Nathan Vandermaal, 27 and Brad Sadler, 20, said they were stunned the man called police."

>>8749855
>>8750146

Did you really read the thread?
>>
>>8751514
Isn't he the dude who tried to take upskirt photos with a selfie stick? Yeah uh good riddance
>>
File: 1381367892110.gif (963 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1381367892110.gif
963 KB, 300x250
>>8751512
pic related

>>8751514
When I first met him, the only strange thing he did was grab the megaphone and play organiser at the picnic. I thought he was just another of the rowdy guys in military gear who want to hang out with cosplayers but aren't keen on costuming itself, nothing too strange.

But since then I've seen him getting intrusively close to cosplayers while they were clearly uncomfortable, taking upskirts of female cosplayers (one I think was underage too), and crossplaying then flashing his crotch and not caring who sees. And generally being a huge pain in the arse at events. I'm glad he's letting himself out.
>>
Didn't the police not even caution them? Why is he even having a big attention-seeking cry? This community is such a joke
>>
>>8751531
>>8751537
Yes, he's the guy who thinks it is appropriate to take upskirt shots of girls including some underage. It's honestly sick and I'm glad he's leaving.
Honestly that article isn't the reason why he should go, the above reason is. He makes everyone uncomfortable and thinks it is hilarious.
>>
>>8751546
I can't stand all the asspats he's getting, claiming he's leaving to spare the community and Matsuri NZ.

Just fucking leave already.
>>
>>8751549
Just to add to this, he touched me inappropriately during a photo once. I've been really scared of him ever since and I have witnessed him doing some really dodgy stuff to people. It freaks me out a lot.
>>
He's left the group now, but for anyone here who has experience inappropriate behaviour you should contact armageddon staff since it occured at their events. It will help for if he shows up to events in the future.
>>
>>8751546
He's fishing for attention.
>>
>>8751588
Pretty much. They're known to do that.
>>
>>8751589
It is sickening to see people sticking up for a pervert and a harasser but they're mostly ignorant. Hopefully he stays gone for good.
>>
>>8751592
Not to mention at the picnic he thought the article was hilarious and was being arrogant to the point people were crying. Now he thinks he can sit around and garner sympathy? He doesn't even give a fuck.
>>
>These articles keep changing their wording to make very inaccurate statements with titles that they choose to simply make people click on them or as better known as being 'clickbait titles'. Not only do these titles slander the cosplay community name and the Matsuri NZ organization but they create unnecessary fear towards Islam people living in New Zealand. We have dealt with NZ Herald so that even though they did not take down their article, they removed our cosplay group photo that they stole from one of our known photographers who frequently attends our picnics, they removed Matsuri NZ's name and removed their upsetting clickbait title as well as any mention to ISIS. Unfortunately Stuff has not. We are doing what we can to try and Stuff to also revise or take down their article.
>>
Why do so many cosplayers hate Armageddon now?
>>
>>8753649
It's shit, but that probably doesn't answer your question since it's been shit for a long, long time.
>>
>>8753649
Bill.
>>
>>8751592
Supposedly he is coming back.
If anyone continues to have creepy experiences with him, please call him out on it. It's disgusting and he shouldn't get away with it.
>>
>>8754457
>Supposedly he is coming back.
In a move that surprises literally nobody, it was all attention seeking and sympathy bait.
>>
>>8753649
People are bored of going to the same event 3+ times a year for 6+ years when nothing changes. Prizes for the other cosplay competitions are a lot better than Geddon's ones too.
>>
>>8754676
Not even a trophy now, bill is that cheap (where thee certificates at Wellington? I can't remember )
>>
>>8754676
Not even a trophy now, bill is that cheap (where there certificates at Wellington? I can't remember )
>>
>>8754982
Certificates and a shitty $5 voucher, which btw you can only use one per purchase at Trinity Treasures.
>>
>>8755547
Can you seriously only use one per purchase? I have about $100 of them now, if that's the case I may as well just bin them!
>>
>>8755582
Yeah a friend had $80 of them saved up but she was only allowed to use one. It's why I haven't used any of mine either
>>
It's not about the rewards, it's about the fun of cosplay!
>>
>>8755860
Not if you're competitive, but I like your positive energy.
>>
>>8755860
Nah Instagram followers mate
>>
>>8757289
The amount of times I have seen our comm do Share 4 Share and I'm like, that is literally the only reason why you have so many followers.
>>
>>8757326
social media has taken over. so many of the young'ns want to be cosfamous these days.
>>
>>8757941
>so many of the young'ns want to be cosfamous these days.

So long as cute girls keep uploading awesome cosplay onto the internet in order to become cosfamous, I'm happy.
>>
http://www.trademe.co.nz/clothing-fashion/men/costumes/full-costumes/auction-995844878.htm

I've always wanted to own my very own box Loki.
>>
>>8759164
Wow last I checked it was sitting at $5
>>
>>8759164
I remember him talking about this before he made it and how he was going to try to make it so it could hover. Such a surprise that did not work out.
>>
>>8759164
Nice redesign on the Trademe website.
>>
Oink.
>>
File: 6-4aQ-Qp[1].jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
6-4aQ-Qp[1].jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>8762881
Do not bully the cosplayers!
>>
>>8762881
Aww cute, someone thinks they're a special snowflake!
>>
Any new events coming up over the summer?
>>
>>8766327
It's not over the summer but Akiba-con seems promising. Their aim is to be 'the cosplay con' so lots of cosplay oriented events. Plus they had better comp prizes than geddon last year.
>>
>>8766343
Wasn't there some event this year in the Auckland CBD around April or so? I couldn't make it but I'd like to go if it's on next year.
>>
>>8766354
If we're thinking about the same thing that was the same con. It was called Otaku Con but afaik they got asked to change it so now it's called Akiba Con. It's held at Crowne Plaza Hotel on Sunday 24 April this year.
>>
>>8766375
>It was called Otaku Con but afaik they got asked to change it so now it's called Akiba Con.
Why'd they change it?
>>
>>8766378
I dunno, I just remember a post on the Otaku Con fb page before they deleted it saying that they would be back next year with a new name or something? Presumably Otakon got wind of the name similarity and made them change it or something? I'm just taking a wild guess tho, I could be completely wrong on the reason. They're definitely the same con though.
>>
>>8766401
"Otaku con" is cringeworthy anyway. Akiba con sounds a lot better.
>>
>>8766401
They said it was because of Otakon yeah.
>>
File: 1417664070486.jpg (61 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1417664070486.jpg
61 KB, 437x437
>>8751512
I can't find that post and the order of posts on that page is all fucked up
god i hate facebook
>>
New comp rules are up.
>>
>NZ Cosplay Cup Winner
>National Winner
>NZ Cosplay Cup + Certificate + $500
>>
>>8777049
I'm glad they're being honest about the prizes, but sad that it's been downgraded since M was judging. Just getting certificates for technicals is kind of sad. But that 's armageddon I suppose.
>>
>>8777185
Also getting a certificate for getting an award but then everyone else gets a participation award anyway so it'd kinda of like what's the point.
>>
>>8777856
Thats exactly what I've been thinking. I probably just wont enter now if I'm going to out in hours upon hours of work for a piece of paper.
>>
>>8777185
Technicals only ever got a certificate and some TT vouchers so it's honestly not really a downgrade. The only real downgrade I'm seeing is the $50 for best group (which used to be $100).
>>
>>8778248
I'm pretty sure technicals got money didn't they?
>>
>>8778322
Not in M's time at least - I won a skit award or two and only got a TT voucher + certificate.
>>
>>8778248
Wasn't group $50 each?
>>
>>8778733
Group used to be $100 split between the group members (source: won it a couple of times). Unless you mean the new rules are $50ea which would be an improvement but I can't see anything that says that.
>>
>>8778735
I'd say it would be $50 overall because I don't really trust them desu.
>>
>>8780144
That is the worst autocorrect ever.
>>
Merry Christmas everybody.
>>
Laughed my ass off at that crazy actor's rant. What an attentionwhoring post with terrible ensuing comments.
>>
>>8788437
What's this?
>>
>>8788437
what
>>
>>8788437
Oh wait now i realise. I ignored that post, it didn't really have much to do with cnz, and when i see stuff like that I'm always half sure they're lying or exaggerating (for attention obv.)
>>
>>8794179
There's nothing to talk about, just let it die.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.