[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hair Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
Couldn't find a hair general and I didn't want to shit up the black hair thread.

I'm looking for inspo on a short cut with a short fringe. I have reservations against wigs so I'm trying to make the most with my current shaggy cut I have now.
>>
>>
File: IMG_20151125_010240.jpg (88 KB, 779x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151125_010240.jpg
88 KB, 779x960
>>
I'm afraid that if I go too weird I'll look like a douche.
>>
>>8735154
Is the only one that's not completely hideous.

Why not wear wigs? I don't wear them because I have very long hair that's easy to style like a wig. I have a hard time braiding it small enough to fit under a wig. But short hair would fit perfectly under a wig and you could still have your ugly hipster do for your normie outfits
>>
>>8735180
I'm not too keen on the second one but I think the mushroom cut is hella kawaii. Although I don't think it could work on me.

I never liked the way they looked on me. I think my head may be too small or something creating a disproportionate look compared to the thickness of the wig. Plus I prefer a casual feel in jfash.
>>
>>8735151
I got a cut similar to this recently. It's really cute, you should definitely go for it.
>>
girl dont worry i got u covered
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>8735170
I really recommend against this one, as someone who has done it before. Unless you have a totally round face and soft features like her, then you'll just end up looking like a giant penis.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I've thought about asking this question so many times but had trouble wording it. But here goes.
I've had pink hair for 3 years. In the beginning, I had to bleach from black to blonde. Parts of my hair lightened much easier than others, some parts were a bit darker. I didn't care that much and just put the pink over it. I now re dye my hair every few weeks, but after the first few days, you can see the darker more orangish parts show through and it drives me nuts. I've tried bleaching it several times but the darker parts just won't lighten, I think it has trouble penetrating the pink dye after so long of repeatedly layering it. Does anyone have any tips? I'm sick of my hair fading to different colors
>>
>>8736299
You could give it a vitamin C treatment where you ground up a capsule or two of vitamin C mixed with dandruff shampoo and let it sit in your hair. Another option is giving it a bleach bath first before going in with the heavy bleach. Try to wait if you can for it to fade out as much as it'll go before bleaching, try using dandruff shampoo to make it go faster. Try to also space these activities out a little to give your hair a chance to rest, keeping track of it's texture and giving it a deep moisturizer if needed. I would also recommend haircrazy.com for these techniques, they have pretty good guides on how to do it right. Above all try to be patient. What product did you use to dye your hair?
>>
>>8735180
holy shit calm your ass down. this is just a hair thread.
>>
File: 1369373406352.jpg (207 KB, 848x600) Image search: [Google]
1369373406352.jpg
207 KB, 848x600
Nice, OP. I have the opposite problem. Butt length hair with no bangs. It's not some unshapely, Pentecostal mess so don't freak out. I usually just copy whatever I see the VS Angels doing with their hair (so right now, my hair is layered and wavy), but I'd like to see more elegant hairstyles as opposed to sexy hairstyles.
>>
File: 1369345409132.jpg (304 KB, 620x1123) Image search: [Google]
1369345409132.jpg
304 KB, 620x1123
Just a note about this one- do not attempt if your hair is anything more than on the thin side.
>>
File: 1444158233134.jpg (546 KB, 1184x1600) Image search: [Google]
1444158233134.jpg
546 KB, 1184x1600
Commencing hair tutorial dump.
>>
File: 1444159978068.jpg (530 KB, 1160x1600) Image search: [Google]
1444159978068.jpg
530 KB, 1160x1600
>>
File: 1444157830892.jpg (552 KB, 1194x1600) Image search: [Google]
1444157830892.jpg
552 KB, 1194x1600
>>
File: 1444168020946.jpg (165 KB, 736x1075) Image search: [Google]
1444168020946.jpg
165 KB, 736x1075
>>
>>
File: heartadoo.jpg (120 KB, 478x1024) Image search: [Google]
heartadoo.jpg
120 KB, 478x1024
>>
File: braid crown.jpg (102 KB, 654x673) Image search: [Google]
braid crown.jpg
102 KB, 654x673
>>
File: 1338552101831.jpg (214 KB, 800x1233) Image search: [Google]
1338552101831.jpg
214 KB, 800x1233
>>
File: 2015-11-18 00.15.41.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-18 00.15.41.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
>>
Actually did this the other day and it came out pretty cute.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>8736283
>giant penis

Oh God, I just realized if I actually went through with that cut earlier I'd probably hear exactly that at Thanksgiving.

>>8736262
Love this
>>8736264
>>8736249
>>8736286
>>8736261
saved! thanks guys.
>>
>>8736416
What exactly did she do in step 3? I knos she's twisting hair around, but which section of hair around what is pretty unclear.
>>
Any cute haircuts that work with side swept bangs and just past shoulder length hair? I'm growing my bangs out and they are in an awkward stage and I don't know what to do with them.
>>
>>8740294
She split her hair in 2 above the hair tye and pulled the hair below the hair tye through it. >>8736411 may make it more clear.
>>
Any opinions on pastel hair or a warm shade of blonde with tan skin? I have kinda tan skin and I used to think I can't go with light hair colours but I'm so tired of having dark hair.

>>8740349
Seconding this because I'm in the exact same position. Even the same hair length and all.
>>
File: 2101.jpg (92 KB, 318x400) Image search: [Google]
2101.jpg
92 KB, 318x400
This has more to do with styling than hair itself, hope that's fine. Today I got pic related hair pins and was just messing around with them, testing them out. I notice when I pull them out they're spread open wider than when I put them in. Is this normal? They also do not hold very well in my hair. I've never had pins before, only bobbys. Are they too weak for my hair? (For ref. my hair is mid-back length, medium-ish thickness I suppose and straight-wavy.) I believe so. And does anyone have stronger pin recommendations that won't bend as much?
>>
>>8742241
>Made in the USA
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>8740732
Make sure it matches your undertones. If you suit gold/warm tones, golden blonde or warm peachy pink will be much more flattering. If you suit cool/silver tones, ash blonde or cool pastel blue/purple would be better.

>>8742241
Yeah they're supposed to do that, you can't treat them like a bobby pin. They're like...the opposite of bobby pins, which pinch together, they want to open up to hold everything in place. You have to hold them more closed when you put them in and wiggle them in/around your hair.
This probably explains it better: http://www.humblebeeandme.com/meet-hair-pins-bobby-pins-far-more-useful-sister/
>>
>>8742261
i kek'd

>>8742274
I'll try the pinching method then! Though I'm afraid of snapping the long things, they bend forward/back somewhat when i try wiggling them around (scalp, updo hair or scalp, updo hair, scalp method) and I'm afraid of breaking them, they're quite thin......I googled around for a bit and saw on the lhc they dislike this brand and general consensus is they opt for either amish pins or bunheads pins because they're stronger. If the method you suggested doesn't work I might need to find stronger ones.
>>
How do you handle your hair on humid days when they become a hot frizzy mess?
>>
Okay, so I discovered something really weird about my hair that I never noticed prior to cutting it short. I have a really awful cowlick on my nape. I've gotten it cut once since chopping it all off, just to make the back more even with the front, but it's just awful now. Would anyone have some suggestions as to how I can tame the cowlick? Right now I've just been wearing a hat most of the time I'm out to make it less noticeable. My hair is driving me bonkers.
>>
File: aahhh.png (2 MB, 1644x1056) Image search: [Google]
aahhh.png
2 MB, 1644x1056
>>8746703
Cowlick pics
>>
hm so I know this isn't a hair advice thread exactly but does anyone have an opinion on flattering cut/style for someone w generally like large features? longish face, very big nose, big jaw, but also big eyes? i know to stay away from bangs. mostly wondering what length of hair people w better hair-sense than me think looks good on us horses
>>
>>8746857
also, obama ears. so wearing hair up or short is not good
>>
File: IMG_20151202_235956.jpg (131 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_235956.jpg
131 KB, 960x719
>>8746857
Usually soft textures are more appealing on strong faces. Anything with a straight edge is a no no so bangs can be fine as long as they are thin and curve outward (see: Jessica Alba bangs) or are at least piecey. I would do layers that go around the
neck area to create a bigger gap between the jaw and collarbone like pic.
Avoid hairstyles that cling to the face (short layers) because it hides cheekbones yet widens the jaw area and focuses on the nose.
>>
>>8746705
Blow dry it to where you want to be then use some product

>>8746857
Lots of longish soft layers , keep it about shoulder length
>>
File: Halp.png (976 KB, 1268x678) Image search: [Google]
Halp.png
976 KB, 1268x678
Posted in hair thread once with the same question and got no replies except for strange SJW fight under my photo.
First picture is me, others picture the hairstyle I want. I wonder if bangs will suit me at all because I've been told that thay will make my face even more harsh and long, so I'm asking seagull's opinion
>>
>>8749052
Anon, you have a very cute, round babyface, so I don't think you have to worry about making it look "harsh and long" at all, in fact I think it will suit you. Fringe like that grows out pretty fast too (mine is really similar) so I say just go for it!
>>
>>8749052
I agree with the other anon, a fringe would definitely suit you, and it also grows pretty fast so if you dont like it you will be able to sweep it aside in a month
>>
>>8745896
Ponytail, hat, or tears
>>
Any low maintence bob type hairstyles? I want to go shorter and I think I'll look cute but I also just air dry my hair and use minimal product.
>>
Copying that anon from earlier in the thread, does anyone have ideas for what types of styles might suit me? I really want bangs like they have in larme, but I don't feel like they would suit me.
>>
>>8749180
Oh shit, dropped my pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 428x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 428x662
>>8749129
My hair is super curly (think big round curls and waves) and I got a cut like pic related. It basically looks like this when I wake up which is pretty cool.
>>
File: hair.png (1 MB, 713x600) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
1 MB, 713x600
>>8735151
I'd like to get /ouG/ hairstyle at hairstylist.
But I'm not sure what I can do with my hair? I don't even really know what type of hair I have and how to take care of it properly. It curls few hours after washing and straigheting? I have long hair, it's just tied and bangs are eye lenght.
>>
File: bangs.png (425 KB, 454x608) Image search: [Google]
bangs.png
425 KB, 454x608
>>8749180
Sorry for the horrible edit but I threw your face into a hair app real quick to see what you'd look like with bangs. Here's the pic
>>
File: 140317monlily1.jpg (288 KB, 1240x821) Image search: [Google]
140317monlily1.jpg
288 KB, 1240x821
>>8749267
cont. Personally, I think you'd look cute with a hair length/style like the girl on the left. Slight, soft layers with some volume.
>>
alright since this thread is mostly girls I have a question.
>Be guy
>Have nice hair
>but one problem I have dandruff.
I've tried to take care of it but it just always seems to come back. Any tips for long term solutions?
>>
>>8749275
If your hair is oily, try washing every other day if you usually wash daily. Also, conditioner.
>>
>>8749286
My hair is naturally more oily, so I usually wash it every other day. Conditioning only made my hair softer, but didn't get rid of the dandruff.
>>
How long does hair have to be before pigtails stop looking absolutely horrible? I'm trying to grow my hair out so I can actually try some styles (I used to clip it really short) and it's long enough at the front/sides to pull into a tie, but still a little too short in the back. Problem is that it's just long enough to be annoying to take care of, but not quite long enough to be cute.

Just trying to figure out how much longer I need to hold out on just hacking it all off.
>>
I have bleaches my hair and toned it as much as I could, but the only thing that I achieved was a really pale blonde, I can't get it white. I used different purple shampoos but nothing worked. What do I have to do?

I can't go to a professional because no one knows how to achieve the color, they say it's impossible. Some of them even asked em what a purple shampoo is!
>>
>>8749382
Going white is a process, even with purple shampoo. What type if toner did you use? Also, you're more likely to silver instead of white with the shampoo
>>
>>8749275
>>8749297
Bro, try this stuff: http://www.sheamoisture.com/African-Black-Soap-Deep-Cleansing-Shampoo-_p_1235.html and the conditioner that goes with it. My hair is oily at the roots, dry at the ends, and this shit gives the best deep clean without drying anything out. Plus treatment for dandruff! It has a nice earthy smell, too, and a lot of pharmacies carry it.

...I am receiving no money from the Shea Moisture people.
>>
>>8749301
I think shoulder length is usually the minimum for high pigtails but I'm not sure about low pigtails. I think it has to do a bit with the thickness too
>>
>>8749129
i have a short bob that's all one length and sits just under my chin. it's a pretty low-maintenance cut, plus it's still easy to tie + pin up, would recommend
>>
>>8749382
Shampoo =/= toner.
Try toning with a pale purple or blue dye mixed with conditioner or one of the toner dyes from a brand like SFX, and make sure your blonde is light enough otherwise you're more likely to end up silver or pastel coloured
>>
>>8747096
thanks anon :) this was really helpful.
>>
>>8749252
From what I can see of that potato picture, which isn't much, your hair texture looks similar to mine, in which case you might have to use product to get it to stay straight. You don't have to get fancy, I just use a thermal protectant from L'oreal from the drugstore, but it makes a huge difference in how long my hair stays straight. You can also try spraying hairspray on a brush and running it through your hair, helps get it to hold a style without being too firm.
>>
>>8735180
I feel like the lolita version of middle-age mom tupperware parties and book clubs should be like a wig potluck, where everyone brings some of their wigs, gets combed for lice and wig capped, and everyone gets to try them all on to see what wigs/haircuts look best on them. People who wear multiple styles would bring outfits to swap out into. Wine would be served in covered cups to protect the burando.
>>
File: larmekei-4.png (275 KB, 600x260) Image search: [Google]
larmekei-4.png
275 KB, 600x260
Does anyone have any idiot proof guides or tutorials for styling bangs? I really like the volumized, fluffy, angled look of these, but I'm hopeless when it comes to hair styling.
>>
>>8750630
You need to heat style them with a volumising spray to keep the texture. Make sure you have the correct brush (small round bristle) keep them lifted over the brush and point the nozzle in the direction of hair growth
http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/01/blow-drying-heavy-bangs/
>>
File: 1442564569864.jpg (32 KB, 370x350) Image search: [Google]
1442564569864.jpg
32 KB, 370x350
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the patience and motivation to grow out my hair?
I really want to have long hair again, I cut it to like under my chin when I was 12 and since then the longest I've had was a tiny bit under my shoulders.
I tried growing it out for like over a year but I always get super bored and frustrated and cut it
I have super short hair now, kinda like OPs pic, and I have no idea how in the world I'd manage to grow it out for like 3-4 years...
>>
>>8750742
well first of all, no one forces you to grow it out, so you shouldnt feel bad if you want to cut it.
Try following a bunch of people with long hair on social media, it sounds dumb but it will remind you of your goals, kind of like when someone follows fitness involved accounts to get some motivation. Maybe try to get long extensions to see how you would look and feel with long hair? idk
>>
>>8750630
What's really important about these is the section of hair that you're using and the thickness of the bangs. You need them to be light without being bare and stringy.
Section out your bangs and look at where theu part on your scalp. If you want bangs like this, it should be a deep, but narrow triangle of hair, so that when you let it down, it flares out to be soft and light but not wispy and thin. And then, just use a flat iron to smooth and slightly flip them on the ends.
>>
>>8749820
>thermal protectant
What is it?
And any other tips?

>I never went throught ''jrock hair phase'' so picking my first special hairdo is fun, thought it's kind of hard to find anything suitable for my hair and that'd be shoulder lenght + bangs.
>>
>>8750670
Thank you!

>>8751354
I don't think I have the 'right' type of bangs then, the base of them is quite a bit wide and they're not very deep. Is this something that my hairdresser can quickly fix?
>>
>>8750742
step 1: don't cut your fucking hair, it's not hard, you have a free will
step 2: profit

jesus, why do you act like it's a hard thing?
>>
anyone have photos of girls with japanese water perms? specifically with shorter hair. i'm wanting to get one done soon but my hair is about an inch from my shoulders and my stylist only has pictures of longer hair, curious to see how it looked.
>>
>>8746703
if you feel like spending some money, you can ask for a brazilian blowout/keratin treatment to relax the hair follicles where you have the cowlick. it lasts 3-6 months.
>>
File: horse hair.png (877 KB, 950x619) Image search: [Google]
horse hair.png
877 KB, 950x619
I've been wanting to style my hair for gothic lolita, but my hair is so horrifically thick, dry, and frizzy that not one style I've tried has worked. Tried to show the weird frizzy texture it is in the closeup. If I curl it, it falls right out back into this giant mess. Straightening with an iron works for maybe 1 day and afterwards makes the frizz problem worse from damage.

Any thick hair suggestions? Is my hair just at an awkward length that won't allow for most hairstyles to look nice? (I cut it really short about a year ago, grew about 6 inches since) I feel like I'm going crazy here.
>>
>>8736412
im having trouble following her twist movements
>>
>>8751794
you have my dream hair and i hate you
>>
File: bobbedhair.jpg (559 KB, 720x715) Image search: [Google]
bobbedhair.jpg
559 KB, 720x715
>>8751794
wavy doll-like bob perhaps, with a bit of frizz control serum etc to keep things looking smooth.
>>
>>8751904
The way I did it was I crossed (tied) my hair into a knot, then crossed it again, then wrapped the remaining the hair around the base of the bun and secured with bobby pins. It took me a few tries of doing the motions while following the picture to get it.
>>
>>8751734
>it's not hard
Maybe it's not hard for you and therefor you don't understand my struggle, but I love changing my hair like as much as possible and get kinda panicy if I don't change anything once in a while
I was just asking to see if anyone had similar problems and any tips on how to deal with them
You don't have to get salty
>>8751280
>try following a bunch of people with long hair on social media
Yeah, I follow one girl with super long hair and it's so pretty and made me want to get long hair again
Thanks for the advice, I might search for some hair blogs on instagram to follow or something
If it wasn't so damn expensive I'd love to get extensions
>>
>>8751915
OT, but where can I get a choker like top left?
>>
>>8749382
>>8749389

I got confused by all the products I guess haha.
I just bleached and wash my hair every 3-4 days a week with the Silver Shampoo from Loreal. I thought that with time the white was going to appear.

I'll try with the toners, thanks :)
>>
>>8752087
What colour is your hair? If it is easily matched to extensions you could try clip in synthetic ones or cheaper remy hair from ebay (if you aren't worried about the ethics of where real hair extensions come from...)
Otherwise maybe get a wig to remind you of why you want to grow your hair out
>>
>>8752087
I've been growing my hair out from a pixie since september and I understand your pain. It's very tedious growing your hair out through all the awkward, unflattering stages... you just want to cut it so you can change your look and have a cut that looks flattering again. As someone who also gets bored with her hair fairly often, what I've been doing is coloring my hair instead of cutting any length. I went platinum blonde from asian black and now I've got silver hair. I had a full fringe for awhile and then grew it out and I will probably go back to bangs soon once I begin tiring of the silver hair. Hope that helps!
>>
>>8751584
A cream or serum that you put in your hair. It protects it from heat damage from a blowdryer/flat iron, and helps it straighten better.
>>
Are side bangs still a thing? I miss having bangs.

Hair is falling-into-the-toilet length, so I need a trim. Also I need to stop putting my hair in a lazy bun... tangles stuff up and it ends up falling out.

>tfw so much hair but I don't know what to do with it
>>
Not sure if my question belongs in the skin or hair thread but I'm asking here since it deals with the scalp.

Warning for being kind of gross. Sorry.

I had a really bad depressive episode where I didn't shower for literally weeks and the build-up on my scalp is driving me so crazy I want to shave my head. Are there any good products I can use to help get rid of this build-up?
>>
>>8755036
When you wash your hair, use your fingernails to kinda scrub your scalp to get rid of the debris. Some people find using baking soda paste really good, but it's very alkaline and stripping. Otherwise just your regular shampoo is fine, but rather than applying it to your hair apply it to your scalp
>>
Any suggestions\tips for getting hair soft ans shiny? My hair has an ok sheen to it but it's not fluffy and soft looking. I use a boars hair brush and that kind of helps but then it's more soft than shiny
>>
>>8754692
Man, grass is greener... My hair is too short to even do a proper high ponytail without the hair at my nape falling out, and I can't have bangs cause I have a cowlick with the strenght of great typhoon.

I think you can go for side bangs regardless, though. As long as it flatters your face, you ought to be fine. I think that's really what matters most about any hair style. Trends come and go, but even if it's untrendy, a hair cut that flatters you is better than a trendy one imo
>>
File: 15-12-08-09-31-36-994_deco.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
15-12-08-09-31-36-994_deco.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>8751709
Here's a little idea of section widths and how it affects the bangs! I had really shitty glorified emo bangs for like 4 years, and I eventually had to grow them out and recut them. It sucked, but now they work so much better.
For reference, I have wavy and thickish hair, and my bangs are flat ironed with a slight curve on the end.
No one ever told me about this, so I had to figure it out myself, I hope this helps!
>>
Hey guys, this is a dumb question but are there any places I can lurk if I'm a complete hair styling noob? I don't want to bother you with a million dumb questions, but I really want to learn how to style my hair and deal with frizz and all of that basic stuff. I never really learned how and I feel embarassed.
>>
>>8753821
I have like grayish blonde (not my natural, it's dyed).
Pretty sure it will be near impossible to match, since its too blonde for gray extensions and too gray for blonde
I have considered dying it all black though, so that might work
The second problem with that though is that I hate staying the same color for too long
I do own some wigs, but none of them look really natural.. I could invest in a better one
Good advice, thanks anon
>>8753889
Thanks for understanding anon! Just having someone who gets you sorta helps haha
I would love to try around a bunch of new colors, but then again I can't wear extensions
Thanks for your reply, made me a bit more determined to grow it out!
>>
>>8752087
Instead of panicing and cutting your damn hair, style your hair differently if you feel the need to change it. Teach yourself one of those pinterest hair tutorial braids or twists. Pull it back into a ponytai or pigtails, switch it up. You need to learn to stop cutting your hair on a whim if you honestly want to grow it out.
>>
File: should've dyed my hair orange.jpg (12 KB, 237x209) Image search: [Google]
should've dyed my hair orange.jpg
12 KB, 237x209
I usually dye my hair myself but today I tried to dye it light brown in a salon for the first time and my hair turned dark green.

Guy says that the green will disappear and will turn to brown later but I don't know how much will it change? Anyone ever had the same experience?

I'm tempted to just dye over it again tomorrow.
>>
>>8755417
I'd give it a week rather than doing it the very next day
>>
>>8755417
Your hairdresser should have put a fill in it. Did you go darker than usual? You need warm tones to balance that out, go back to the salon and ask for a gloss to warm it up, preferably in gold or red. They should do the correction for free honestly, if not they're shady as fuck and you should get it done elsewhere.
>>
>>8755036
It's expensive, but invati shampoo from aveda is exfoliating, or go for alterna caviar scalp facial. I'm an aveda trained stylist though so take the first recommendation with a grain of salt, I won't make comission from the recommendation but I do have a special love for their stuff. If you go to an "experience" center in the mall they may have samples or you can get it in a travel size for like $10. I use the alterna stuff occasionally when my scalp psoriasis acts up and you can get that at sephora or ulta.
>>
>>8755474
Or the other option is go to a hair school and get a scalp treatment, but that's a one off and will set you back almost half the price of the alterna stuff.
>>
>>8755055
Just add a little bit of argan oil to your hair for a shine.
>>
Any tips for hairgrowth shampoos, supplements and serums?

I have this nervous habit where I rip out tons my hair and have a couple bald spots now... It's really embarrassing and I'm too anxious to get haircuts because I'm scared about the hairdresser asking me what's wrong with me
>>
>>8755353
Oh shit, thanks anon! I never would've known this.
>>
>>8755832
For hair growth supplements, there's biotin, zinc, vitamin b3 (niacin), vitamin a. For more of a multivitamin type deal, there's Viviscal, Mielle Organics Healthy Hair formula, etc. Do some research to figure out which you feel will be best for you.

For a serum, something with tea tree and/or jobjoba oil would help to sooth your scalp, under the assumtion that ripping chunks of your hair out will irritate it. It also helps promote natural hair growth. For shampoo I will suggest Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Shampoo.

Since I'm assuming you have trichotillomania, I'd honestly suggest that you seek some sort of psychotherapy for habit reversal training. Try wearing a hat to prevent yourself from getting to your scalp. Please, at the very least, attempt to train yourself to doing an alternate sort of fidget. There are fidget rings, rubbing a domino or rock, applying and peeling elmer's glue, applying tiger balm to another area, etc. It may also help you to watch Beckie0's videos on youtube.
>>
Hairdresser here, we don't really judge stuff like that. It's important that our clients leave feeling good about themselves and their hair. They'll know how to cut and style it to mask the bald spots and regrowth. Really the only people we judge are bitchy clients and people asking for impossible things who won't take no for an answer.
There really isn't anything to grow your hair faster, unless you're deficient on vitamins and minerals so try prenatal vitamins and see if that helps. They're the same thing as hair skin and nail vitamins but cost less.
The best thing you can do to keep it getting longer is to baby the hell out of it with masks and stuff to keep the ends from breaking off. I compulsively rub the skin on my knuckles until they bleed, and what helped my nervous tics the most was keeping a domino in my pocket to rub when I need to. It seems silly but my knuckles are completely healed now instead of looking like they're rotting so it definitely helps.
>>
>>8755832
>>8755899
Dropped my reply
>>
>>8755892
I haven't been diagnosed with trichotillomania but I've been obsessively impulsively pulling my hair out for the past 15 years. I've had some success with snapping my wrists with a rubber band but I relapsed extremely fast.

I'll try taking some supplements and all the items that you suggested though.

>>8755899
I can't get over this stupid mental cloud that I have in my mind where a hairdresser I went to made comments about my bald patches asking if I had a "condition". I tend to change hairdressers every time I get a haircut to avoid them remembering me and stuff like that....

>sorry for making this thread into a stupid blog
>>
>>8746857
I'm not 100% this because my jaw/lips are on the thinner side, but I've actually had tremendous success with a heavy sideswept bang. It helps make my nose look less ridiculously large. YMMV though.
>>
>>8755944
Hairdresser again. It's good to just let them know your concerns and that you're self conscious about it. It's much easier for a hairdresser to work with it the more often they have you. It's not like lice or scalp fungus, which we can't treat. Trich barely registers on the scale of problems hairdressers deal with on some people. I have really bad scalp psoriasis and would constantly change hairdressers because I was embarrassed too, but once I started going to the same person during school I realised it's a lot easier mentally to explain once and be done. Plus a lot of hairdressers have issues of their own, you'd be surprised how many have horrible anxiety, past self harm, or are recovered from various things. We are oddly nonjudgmental for such a seemingly superficial job.
>>
It's not as green anymore and it's actually turning....grey? Still not brown though.

>>8755424
Probably the best choice but I'm going to my parents' in the next few days and they hate it when I dye my hair. I would need to wait until I go back which is after Christmas.

>>8755451
I asked for lighter but yeah, it turned darker. I'm partly to blame since I don't understand how dyes work and just said ok to everything that they said honestly.

I'll just buy my usual brand of hair dye and try to find a gold one, thanks anon.
>>
I need help gulls. As you can see, my hair is very dry and puffs out. I shampoo/condition with a nonsulfate products every 2-3 days and use coconut oil after blow drying. I eat well drink a lot of water yadayada. Any recommended products or routines?
>>
File: IMG_20151209_095345.jpg (479 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151209_095345.jpg
479 KB, 1200x1600
What could I do different?
>>
>>8756939
Go bald
>>
>>8756934
Trim the ends you have split ends
>>
>>8756939
looks really cute to me, just experiment with alice bands, bows 'n stuff perhaps.

I also think the same style would look good grown out slightly, maybe just an inch or two. I like it as it is though.
>>
>>8736255
not op but you are a godsend thank you
>>
>>8756990
I've been trying to grow it out actually. Its naturally curly so if I shower, I can't wash it all the time or else its always really curly. I'm actually about to move and will have a bathtub so bathing is going to be a lot easier now without ruining my hair.
>>
>>8756934
trim those dry ends and try hair custard and more intensive leave-in conditioning treatments such as Aussie Miracle Recharge.
>>
>>8757006
I'm kinda jelly anon, I love short curly/wavy bobs and have to do all sorts of shit to my super straight hair to get it to hold a wave. Work with what you have and rock the curly bob look. There are already quite a lot of examples in this thread.

Anyway, your hair really suits you and is super cute so you shouldn't worry.
>>
>>8755602
I've tried that and it makes my hair frizzy. I have pin straight, super fine, kinda thin hair and from what i've experienced and read, the coconut oil/argan oil/etc hair masks just don't work with that kind of hair. I'd love for my hair to be as shiny and soft as pic related. I don't even kpop but I saw this pic on tumblr and got so self concious about my hair
>>
>>8749301 again. I tried pulling my hair back to see how pigtails would work, and was goddamn horrified to see that my hair is thinning on the front sides, above and around the temples.

Anyone have any luck with stimulation of hair growth? I live in fear of ending up with a nigri-tier hairline.
>>
>>8757065
Stop comparing yourself to celeb hair. They all get keratin treatments/Brazilian Blowouts/regular blowouts and professional styling. Go to a hair salon and they can sort this out for you. With practice, you can do a regular blowout on your own, but it can be a struggle at the back of your head.
>>
How often do you gulls go to get your hair done at a salon?
>>
>>8757108
I go once every 4-6 months, but that's because my hair is long enough that I can trim my own split ends and I have stupidly slow hair growth. I mainly go to get the layers around my face redone as they start looking a bit one-length by then, and I don't do good trimming those myself
>>
How long and thick does your hair have to be to start doing those fancy updos? And can I cheat using one of those spongy things?
>>
File: 15-12-10-12-16-06-157_deco.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
15-12-10-12-16-06-157_deco.jpg
2 MB, 2560x2560
I need some experience advice here.
I (badly) bleached my orangey brown with asian black-brown roots to an uneven yellow, put a purple dye over it, then dyed it dark brown. I cut off like 8 inches when I first dyed it back. Before that, I had had it done professionally. I've had to redye it dark brown several times now because it fades so much.
This color is really making me sad, but I just can't really afford to go to the salon every other month anymore, and I don't trust myself or my friends with bleach anymore. I'm considering getting one of those box dyes that are intended for lightening dark hair, but I have about 5 inches of unbleached and 8 inches of bleached. I only want it to be like medium brown, I've found that lighter hair doesn't suit me. Will it dye terribly and unevenly? I can go to a salon like once or twice but if I could find something less expensive and low maintenance, that would be great.
Pic related is me. The bottom left is bad quality, but it's a gold yellowy brown. The bottom right is a little over exposed, it's still darkish but more red toned.

tl;dr can I use a lightening box dye on half bleached half unbleached hair that's all been dyed over dark brown and then faded or will it be uneven and shit
>>
Does anyone have any good references for ringlets?
>>
>>8758786
If you want to keep up your desired hair color and keep it looking good it's always gonna take a lot of effort into finding the right products. I suggest going to a really good colorist to even it out first or get some advice. It might be expensive, but it might be more sensible than throwing a box dye on top. Once you've reached the point where you're hair is even again, maybe you can look into products that help maintain your hair color by using something like John Frieda's color glaze, or some temporary brown dye you can mix with with your conditioner? (like la riche or similar)
>>
>>8758786
I think that if you are already getting it professionally done you might as well get it done again to get the color right and just work on keeping it. But keeping asian hair light will never be low maintenance as you will have to always work to cover the roots. Your roots will always bleach faster too so you just have to find a shade of brown to redye with each time and deal. It shouldnt matter too much if your roots are lighter as long as you arent going really light with the bleaching.
>>
>>8759181
>so you just have to find a shade of brown to redye each time and deal
Is this for real, anon? Is it impossible to get it to get it to the same or almost same shade with every bleach?
In retrospect, I think that was the problem near the end of my brunette life, my stylist had bleached it light and dyed it darker but the dye faded, thus leaving me with that yellowy blonde on the top. I also washed out my toner really fast too lol
>>8759162
Thanks for the insight as well!

I guess I'll just wait until I get a better job and my hair's long again, cut off most of the bleached parts, then I'll go to a colorist. Thanks anons!
>>
>>8759224
If you want to transition out of your light color, you could ask for an ombre, but if you want all of your hair to be lighter than your natural color, it will never be low maintenance and you will end up with a hot mess if you keep box dyeing it.
>>
>>8759224
There is too many variables of previous dye jobs vs virgin hair to do so. Someone with a lot of experience will be closer but anything you do at home will be experimental. Dying it all brown the same after bleaching hides most of the differences but it will show when it fades as you have found.
>>
>>8742241
If you have thick hair, they're probably too thin and bendy. Try Amish hairpins. I swear by them. They're sturdy and meant to hold your heavy hair in place all day long.
>>
Something weird has happened. My hair always held a curl very well, but recently I cut it about shoulder length. Now when i curl it, it goes dead straight a minute later. I use leave in conditioner on the ends, foam mousse on the roots, and hairspray before I curl. Is the issue that I'm finally back to undyed virgin hair? Should I lighten it to make it more receptive to styling? Or should I switch up my products (like hairspray after curling)
>>
>>8758786
I went through something that similar. Every time I tried to correct the color myself it just added a new band of color around my head. At the salon they told me it would take 6 months to properly correct the color while charging me $60 for every session. At that point I was already fed up with all the shit my hair was going through so I didn't go through with it. In the end I just cut off all the damaged dyed hair leaving my virgin hair into a pixie. It's annoying growing it out but at least my hair is healthy and if I wanted to I could dye it perfectly.
>>
>>8759429
You might be using too big of curling barrels for your length. Try smaller curling irons.
>>
File: Imbluebadidadada.jpg (45 KB, 508x714) Image search: [Google]
Imbluebadidadada.jpg
45 KB, 508x714
Any recommendations for curly hair like this? They look like dreadlocks at times and I can't stand it.
>>
>>8759429
Multiple reasons.
-undyed virgin hair tends to be less good at holding styles then fried hair
-it's shorter, so you'll need smaller curling irons
-leave in conditioner doesn't help your hair hold a style, if anything it helps the style fall out. Get a heat protecting serum that is also designed to help hold a style
-when you curl it, pin it in a curl and let it cool before you hairspray it, then let the hairspray dry before you let it out (similar to what this girl does with her curls)
http://www.eaemileeanne.com/2015/06/pin-curl-tutorial.html?m=1
>>
Anons, I need your help.
Does anybody have any more pixie/bowl cut inspo? Pic kinda related.
>>
>>8749275
Tea tree oil. Nothing worked for me until that. Tried dandruff shampoos, alternate shampooing schedules, straight up not shampooing, leaving in conditioner for five, ten, fifteen, thirty minutes, all sorts of concoctions. Picked up some Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo and my hair has been gorgeous and flake free ever since.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 290x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 290x387
How could I get my hair to look like this? Are there some kind of hair rolls (is that how they're called in english?)?
>>
>>8756939
This is really cute! I'm growing my hair out and love this so much
>>
>>8763420
Easiest way would be braiding your hair over night, then you have wavy hair. Then curling your hair with the curling iron/hair straightener. Slighly brushing the curls out + tousling your hair a bit with your hands a bit for the frizzy effect. Then hair spray.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
So I cut my own hair, right?
I'm not half bad either. But I've been using the sharpest scissors in my house. not exactly fit for hair cutting.
What's the best hair sheers you can recommend? Online is fine.
I'm looking for an average price, nothing to crazy.
I'm looking for those thinning sheers as well, but the crappy cheap ones keep popping up.

I was looking at this. Thoughts?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Salon-Hair-Cutting-Thinning-Scissors-Barber-Shears-Hairdressing-Set-/161391350300?hash=item2593ac921c:g:670AAOSwKIpV~deX
>>
What are your daily hair routines? My hair is alright but I don't do anything with it other than wash it. Should I use serums, etc?
>>
>>8763821
I wash it with some generic garnier dyed hair shampoo and use a bed head conditioner, and usually after washing I use pic related since my hair usually feels kinda dry after washing (I know that sounds derp as fuck, but it's the best way I can explain)

I'd say if whatever you do works, there's no need to start messing with it
>>
>>8763826
The only problem I have is that my hair gets oily after a day without washing. I've been told to wash it twice a week instead of my current every other day routine but I just can't stand not washing my hair since it seems like foul to me.

Should I use dry shampoos regularly? I'd prefer not to since I had the textures after using it or are there other products I could try out?
>>
>>8762770
From the way they posed and positioned themself in that photo I have a feeling that haircut looks bad from the front.
>>
>>8759429
I'm having the same issue as well. Cut my hair shoulder length and now it can barely hold a curl. My hair is bleached, I use shit loads of hairspray and am using my straightening iron to curl it. My hairdresser manages to do it so it lasts, but I think the products I'm using just don't have enough hold.

I will definitely ask her when I next go, but
any recommendations for hairspray or products to help hold a curl all day? Could it be the way my hair has been cut?
>>
>>8764088
Dry shampoos do make your hair look a little gross but you can hide it with tying it up/doing it over the weekend or when you won't leave the house/ample hair accessories. generally you have to go a while without washing for your hair to stop getting so oily between washes. I can go almost a week between washes. Sometimes my hair will start to look a little icky but I can camouflage it with braids and other updos. When my hair is clean it's a lot shinier but it has 0 volume and I can't style it at all, so for me the dirty trade off is worth it
>>
>>8762728
>>8759740
Whoa that is probably the solution, I feel like an idiot lol. I always buy 1" irons because it takes so much longer to do the whole thing with 3/4". I hadn't changed anything else about my routine but the length
>>
>>8764546
>a week between washes
Holy shit, that's a long time. Your hair doesn't feel oily or start to smell? Or what about exercising - do you not wash your hair afterwards? Hope I'm not coming across as being rude, I'm genuinely curious since I'm in a similar dilemma.
>>
>>8764565
It doesn't start to smell, and even if it did body sprays and dry shampoos help that. It does start to feel oily, but I use a boars hair brush to brush the oil through the rest of my hair and that helps a little, plus I just kind of push myself through the discomfort because as I said my hair when clean does absolutely nothing lol. Certain styles work better than others, keeping it loose helps, maybe not down completely but not super high/tight ponytails. tying it tight tends to emphasize the oiliness for me. After exercising I'll rinse my hair, and sometimes I"ll just shampoo my scalp if i'm feeling really gross. And I really push the limit lol, you can def wash a little more. But the longer you go without washing the more your hair will start to get used to it and it won't get oily as quickly.
>>
File: rotiae.jpg (60 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
rotiae.jpg
60 KB, 500x350
>>8764592
As an add on, my favorite oily/late in the week styles are:

French braiding the hair closer to your temples
Half up high ponytails
Other half up styles (like pic related)
Low loose buns with front part of hair not included

essentially just play up the extra volume and texture your hair has, don't try to hide it with high ponytails because that will just emphasize it. That's how it works for me at least.
>>
>>8764088
I wash mine usually twice a week but right now I'm going on like a week without washing and it looks fucking great. I think it's this new dry shampoo I tried (... on Friday), I can give you the brand if you're interested

basically, it just takes a while for your hair to get used to a new routine and during that time you will unfortunately look like a bit of a greaseball by day 3. dry shampoo makes it better but I don't really know if it makes the process longer or not. what I'd do is start over the holidays and hope things even out before you have school/work/whatever, or just suck it up and put your hair up/wear a dumb santa hat if you want to be seasonal
>>
Need some advice
>be a boy
>have trash hair that isn't soft and gets oily after a day
>short hair makes my face long
>has the hairstyle of a mushroom
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 579x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 579x802
Does anyone have recommendations for heat protecting/volumizing products to use when curling hair? Whenever I try using a curling rod my hair starts off okay but as I get to the upper layers it starts getting nasty and winds up looking like I didn't even do my hair. It feels weighed down on top and super dry on the ends.

Or if there are any other haircuts/styles that would better suit my face because I've just kept it straight with sideswept bangs for years.
>>
File: 69780657.jpg (315 KB, 439x800) Image search: [Google]
69780657.jpg
315 KB, 439x800
>>8765078
This is a photo of me with the hair straightened.
>>
>>8736269
I love short bangs, but my eyebrows are fucking ugly, it just feels weird.

Thanks for all the short hair inspo, it's so hot here, and I'm bored and tired of letting my hair grow.
>>
>>8764896
What brand is it?

And I guess since it's the break, I'll suck it up and try going at least three days with washing. Would you use the dry shampoo on the third day and then wash on the fourth day?
>>
>>8765203
yep, something like that. skip the dry shampoo if you're not going out/in public.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1199x776) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1199x776
>>8765078
Have you considered using water and tension rather than heat? Heat barely works for me, only to remove volume and straighten, not to add or hold curls. My hair just goes back to doing what it wants. To add lasting curls or wavy volume, to my own hair (3b) or friends's hair (2a - 2c), I dampen it and do bantu knots, rag curls (pic very related, I think that would look good on you) or braids the night before. You appear to have a high facial ratio (like me, your face is more oval than round, and no hard square jaw) which looks good with volume and curls around the sides of the face.
>>
Any suggestions on mousse to make my short hair fluffy? (US)
>>
>>8765066
>boy
Tumblr pls
>>
>>8764565
Hair doesn't normally smell for that long unless you have some fungal infection or something. Or at all. There are people who don't wash their hair at all and most of them say it smells like cat's fur, not unpleasant or anything.

I've always gone a week between washes, washing daily or every other day seems to be an American thing
>>
So I have curly hair (2c/3a), but for the last 5 months its been a complete shitshow and I can't figure out why. I'm so frustrated I'm almost ready to shave all of it off. I had ALL the damaged parts cut out months ago, and I know I didn't miss any because at least 6" of my hair is gone and that's much more than was previously touched by bleach, I haven't had anything change in my environment, body, OR routine either. It seems like my hair has just gone rouge and I can't do anything about it.

Basically, my curls have turned extremely loose. The shortest parts in the back of my head curl normally, but my bangs which are equally short have just a tiny wave in them. The rest of my hair will curl normally at the root but goes almost entirely straight or just barely wavy on the lengths and ends. It's always super frizzy and fly-away prone too.

I've done protein treatments, deep conditioning treatments, tried going CG, tried clarifying, tried using no product (which give me a TINY improvement but not much), more product, and even new shit. The only thing that seems to make it look okay is waiting until my hair is totally dry and getting it ever so slightly damp. It'll spring up a little from that but it's still not "right".

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it. Even my hairdresser doesn't know what the fuck is happening to it and she's tried about 4 different cutting techniques over the last three months to try and get it to behave.
>>
>>8765452
Thanks for the info on bantu and rag curls, I'm going to try those out! I'd really like a hairstyle that suits my face so I can wear contacts more, I usually just wear big glasses to sort of shorten its appearance.
>>
>>8766046
Your hair texture can change due to hormonal changes. How old are you? I'm 25 and am recently experience shitty things with my skin and my hair to some degree. I will be seeing a dermatologist soon (who can help with hair as well as skin)
>>
Okay so I'm thinking about getting extensions, but I have three problems. First, I have really short hair. Kinda like >>8736277
Is it even possible to wear extension at this length without it looking wonky as fuck? If not, how long do I need my hair to be for it to look ok?
Secondly, I can't really afford getting real hair extensions. I don't feel like spending over $50 on it. Should I even bother?
Lastly, I have no idea how much hair I need to get. Should I get like those rows of hair? Or that one that's like a big triangle? And if rows, how many?
Lastly, anyone have any good recommendations on where to buy extension?
Sorry for the "SPOONFEED ME" post, I'm just really lost and anything would help really
>>
>>8766569
I'm nearly 22 (few more weeks), according to my doctor any hormonal stuff like that should have happened in the last 2-ish years or will likely happen between 24-26.

Regardless though, if my roots and new growth are curling normally I sincerely doubt it could be hormonal. My hair is acting like it's damaged but it's not.
>>
>>8766800
>Is it even possible to wear extension at this length without it looking wonky as fuck? If not, how long do I need my hair to be for it to look ok?
If you just want clip ins, then shoulder length. Sounds like your budget doesn't extend to anything else
>Secondly, I can't really afford getting real hair extensions. I don't feel like spending over $50 on it. Should I even bother?
...no. Buy a wig. There is no point me answering your last 2 questions since you don't have enough money for decent extensions anyway
>>
>>8767131
I have money, that's not the problem, I just don't want to spend a lot on extensions.
Also, I own plenty of wigs already, but I feel like they change my appearance a lot, and I would like something more natural.
But yeah, I guess if I'm not willing to spend like a hundred bucks I should just not get extensions
>>
I've read the thread and found what I wanted but I wanted to hit all bases incase I couldn't do something I want more options. Whatre some shampoos and conditioners that help with my shine? I shower right before work and it takes a good 2 hours before I can get my hair looking nice as long as I just run water through it. City water probably isn't helping though. My hair is naturally curly past 1 1/4 inches so I can work waves into it like nothing with my special comb and my cow lick lets me pop a big wave from the front and move it back and to the right. I just want my waves to sparkle better from the onset and then have to work in other products. if im dreaming and need to be grounded then please let me know
>>
>>8769782
You could try a half wig.
>>
File: tumblr_nup3za2uiV1uze6hvo1_400.jpg (33 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nup3za2uiV1uze6hvo1_400.jpg
33 KB, 268x265
>>8736384
Oh no, i'm in love with these star clips.
On the topic of hair, does anyone have any accessory recommendations for shorter hair (or in general, links always appreciated)?
>>
>>8769855
if you're concerned about your water, get a filter on your tap or a filtering shower head.

just use a blowdryer and try out some products depending on what your hair feels like. find a nice hair salon and ask your hairdresser for recommendations. no one can accurately diagnose your hair over the internet, especially without photos.
>>
>>8756934
I have the same hair as you, I finally fixed it after using a mixture of aussie frizz control and tresseme frizz and leaving it on for 2 hours. I end up with long and sleek hair that stays straighter.
>>
>>8763420
jesus thats exactly what my hair looks like after a shower if I straighten my fringe only
>>
>>8769782
Basically yeah... although quite frankly,the only extensions that will look good at your length are the permanent ones that hairdressers do rather than clip ins so you're looking at more like $300-$400. If you're willing to wait to get to shoulder length and you have a fairly generic hair colour you can usually get full sets of remy for about $100 on ebay.

>>8769906
Smaller is usually better, big accessories generally need big hair unless you're talking about full sized hats. Personally I like headbands with small bows, clips, and flatter hair accessories unless you have a lot of volume in your hair
>>
>>8769977
>full sets of remy for about $100 on ebay.
Ugh, I know it's just me being cheap but that feels so expensive
But yeah, I'm planning on growing my hair out either way, so I'll see how I feel about the whole thing in a while
Perhaps I'll try getting a bunch of cheap ones and just see how bad it looks
Thanks for the advice anon <3
>>
>>8749267
you have really thin hair from what i can see, your bangs will absolutely not look like in your edit. i know because i have the same problem.
but you can try out bangs nontheless, start with cutting them fairly long over your eyebrows, go shorter when it looks way too thin and flimsy. there are useful youtube videos on cutting your own bangs, i use the twist technique.
>>
>>8755353
Omg thank you anon!!!! I've been having a hard time fuiguring out how to cut my bangs and always end up getting something I don't like. And hairdressers always do that line across instead of a triangle!
>>
>>8758266
Depends what it is. Post a picture of what you want to do. It's hard to cheat fancy french braids, for example, compared to a hime bump
>>
Does anyone here have some experience with extensions on curly hair? I have curly hair but it's really thin and an ugly length and I absolutely hate it. I've always wanted to have thick and long hair so my curls can finally look pretty and not like some sad floppy things.
But I'm a bit worried that extensions wouldn't match my own hair and thst it'll look really fake. Is it even possible to get nice long extensions if you have shoulder length curls? Are there some things I should know before getting extensions? Should I buy clip-ins or something else?
I'm kinda in between 2C and 3A if that helps..
>>
>>8773755
Human hair extensions will hold heat styling well in my experience, if you can use a curler to get similar curls to your own clip ins should be fine. Usually the issue is matching the shade to your own hair colour..
>>
>>8765066
medium regulation
>>
>>8735151
does anyone have any boy's hairstyles?
>>
>>8773803
Stupid question but are those dyeable? I dye my hair colours like blue so I need to dye them to match my hair.
>>
>>8774272
Yes but make sure you don't get synthetic mixed with human hair or the synthetic bit won't dye. Also you can get human hair that's been pre dyed to blue, purple etc but it may not match the colour your hair goes with the dye.
>>
>>8774211
Ask the boy board
>>
Hime bangs, yeah or nay? I really, really like them, but goddamn.
>>
>>8755353
Ridiculously useful. Thanks.
>>
Anybody here use henna? I didn't know about the color building up with repeat applications. Wondering now if there's a way to get the burgundy back up to a bright red. Cassia maybe?
>>
If I use white toner on regular gold blonde hair will it make my hair more ashy?

I'm already working with silver shampoo but I want to get an ashier hair colour without bleaching it.
>>
>>8774979
Clarify. Cassia won't do shite for existing henna, it just helps dilute it.
>>
>>8774481
Depends on your face shape and how wide you want the side bits to be. Since they're quite heavy bangs you also need to have a decent amount of hair

>>8777338
Depends how light your hair is
>>
I fucked up, /cgl/.
I bleached my hair myself and it is uneven because I miscalculated the heat of my scalp, etc.
How long should I wait before I cover it up again with dark blonde?
I'd like to do it before christmas to save the christmas photos but if that's really bad for my hair, I'll take it and wait it out.
>>
>>8777844
Just speaking from experience, but for me it's been fine dying my hair right after bleaching.
You should wait if you're using bleach again, but if it's just dye than it'll probably be fine
>>
>>8777844
Avoid bleaching again but you should be fine with a dye.
>>
I have a Saskia de Brauw case of manface. No matter how long or short my hair is, I always look like a dude crossdressing. Should I go the androgynous route or are there alternatives?
>>
Can someone rec some good smelling shampoos? I'd like to have an idea of what to look out for before I start smelling every bottle at the store this weekend.

Also, I have a long face, not too horsey thank goodness, but still long.
Cant decide on bangs or not, I feel like I have a helmet or something and my hair is long and straight.
Is this all I can do to minimize it?
>>
File: WP_20151225_012.jpg (314 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151225_012.jpg
314 KB, 1280x720
Looking for some advice cos my hairdresser gave me minimal.

I've got my medium brown hair bleached and coloured blue and a greyish violet on the bottom. Currently I'm hoping that the colour would fade into a more softer tone (especially the blue) But after that, I want to keep maintaining it. Wondering how I should go about it, specifically; what colour I should buy to mix in conditioner (I want a light dusty blue/purple/ whatever) And bleaching the roots - is it realistic to do by myself?

Pic related is my hair. The top is more of a true blue colour though.
>>
File: hair.jpg (71 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
71 KB, 960x539
I'll try this thread again even though it seems as if it is close to death.

What kind of face/hair do I need that pic related length would look good?
My hair is more thin than thick. I guess pretty average.
That would make the look very boring, right?
I had shortish hair before and it looked shit but I didn't take care of it at the time.
>>
File: hairstyles-for-square-faces-2.jpg (20 KB, 279x360) Image search: [Google]
hairstyles-for-square-faces-2.jpg
20 KB, 279x360
Okay, guys. I need a little bit of help.
I'm super bored with my hair, do you know any good hairstyles for long sort of thin hair (thank you scandinavian genes)? Right now I'm considering cutting it in layers because I have trouble getting any sort of volume into it nowadays but I have no ideas other than that...

I got a pretty square face, and my hair is a little bit below shoulder length if that information helps.
>>
>>8781204
its a pretty forgiving length. if you have a long face, keep bangs like hers. it'll make it seem shorter and more round/oval. if you have a round face, grow out the bangs. the more square your face is, the softer bangs you'll want. the rounder the face, the harder and blunter the bangs.
>>
File: pu-212x300.jpg (58 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
pu-212x300.jpg
58 KB, 212x300
>>8735151
>>8735154
These kind of avant-careless japanese haircuts actually require extensive styling to look as good as they do in photos. You'd better be like, retrimming those bangs and curling those layers and rubbing mousse into that shit constantly, otherwise it'll just look like a fugly hipster mess, especially if you're white and/or have finer hair.

Anyway here's a link that might interest you: http://www.lessismore.co.jp/styling/hair/short
>>
>>8786008
I'm assuming this is for >>8782102
?
>>
File: selma-blair-hairstyle.jpg (112 KB, 712x1000) Image search: [Google]
selma-blair-hairstyle.jpg
112 KB, 712x1000
I have a both a narrow and short forehead, similar to pic. Would it look awful if i shaved my hairline to make my forehead wider? I can deal with a short forehead but the narrowness really does not look good.
>>
>>8746705
When I had that, I used to curl it up. Sometimes I curled my whole head to match.
>>
File: Haircutsoon.jpg (945 KB, 772x1152) Image search: [Google]
Haircutsoon.jpg
945 KB, 772x1152
So, this situation is growing out and I can't decide if I just want to make it...cuter and just fix it up at a medium length, or go shorter again.

I'm hoping to find something relatively low maintenance and go in Wednesday for a cut and I'd appreciate any suggestions!

>>8785963
I did layers when my hair was really long, and while my face isn't square, I think it's really flattering, depending on where your layers hit. Go to the mirror and look at your face from different angles, playing around with what your hair covers. You can ask for your layers to be around an area you think looks good.

>>8782102
What color is your hair? I always find thin hair that's got highlights or some kind of color depth to it always looks better with cuts like these, and black hair ends up looking like a solid void. That's personal experience, though.
>>
File: warm_black1.jpg (184 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
warm_black1.jpg
184 KB, 640x445
I'm looking to dye my hair back to its natural colour - it's a warm black/darkest brown, pretty similar to pic related. Anyone know if there are any permanent bubble dyes in the same/similar shade? Will they manage to dye over slightly washed off BAQ henna?

Also, what brow colour work work well with it? Every single brow pencil I tried so far was too harsh and made me look like Groucho Marx, but I don't want feathery Korean brows either, just something in between and relatively natural
>>
>>8770287
That's not expensive for human hair. More than likely that comes from some desperate 3rd world country girl who may or may not have been kidnapped and forcibly shaved.
>>
I would love to have a hime cut, but I also like curling my hair... How would curled hair look with that hair style?
>>
>>8787114
Depends on how/where you curl the hair, anon. I imagine if the curls begin at the middle to the ends, it would look fine?
>>
>>8787101
Are you sure it isn't just your brow pencil technique that's the issue?
>>
>>8787101
Have you tried looking at the colour options for some of the asian box dyes such as Palty or Etude House's bubble dyes?
I'm not sure about Palty but I know Etude House has a colour called "Dark Choco Tone Down" and from the box picture (pic related) it definitely looks like a very dark brown
also
>hnnngg colin morgan
>>
>>8787436
Maybe, I am a wee bit heavy handed desu. Still getting powder cake just in case.
>>8787464
Oh I have, but from reading the reviews it just looks like your regular dark brown on black hair. My hair isn't even black right now so there's no telling how it'd look on me.

I've found a Garnier shade called Liquorice Black which is the closest to what I'm looking for, but in cream form.

Kinda sad that most black dyes on the market are blue-black/ashy jet black.
>>
>>8786769
DO NOT shave your forehead, that will look terrible
>>
>>8787108
I know it's not expensive, thats why I said
> I know it's just me being cheap
Even if it's cheap for human hair it's still a big sum of money for me, and I don't feel like paying that much. That's why I wanted to know if it was possible to get decent looking synthetic hair.
>>
>>8759832
anon,

those are called ringlets, not dreads. I think a lot of curly haired people would prefer tight curls like that.
>>
>>8765078
You have really big, pretty eyes!
Maybe grow your eyebrows out a little thicker to draw attention to those peepers.
>>
>>8786769
dont shave it but do threading. get it done professionally
>>
>>8786769
Have you tried straight across bangs? I have no experience on the subject but maybe that could cover up that it's so narrow?
>>
>>8751794
You should be happy anon. I've the same lenght (maybe a litte shorter) as you, but with shraight bangs.

I cant bearly get any texture to my hair without having to curl every single piece of hair for an hour. My hair is just thin and straight... Really boring.
>>
File: 1390941069424.jpg (56 KB, 494x736) Image search: [Google]
1390941069424.jpg
56 KB, 494x736
Does anyone have tips for growing out a shitty haircut, other than simply having patience? Like, are there any hair masks or treatments to encourage more growth? I read some stuff online about warm oil scalp massages or rinsing your hair with potato water but idk if any of those would actually work.

Random pic of cool hair attached because I hope one day to reach that lenght.
>>
>>8793895
Look up inversion and monistat for hair growth. No clue if they work at all, but people seem to like them. I'm planning on trying both soon.
>>
>>8793914
Thanks! Might try inversion, as I do not think they sell that other product where I live.
>>
>>8793895
Vitamins can help. Like hair and nail vitamins and even pre natal vitamins.
>>
>>8793930
Try Daktarin if you're in the UK/Europe. Same thing.
>>
>>8793895
Scalp massage is more for hair loss.
Aside from good nutrition, making sure you have enough protein and considering taking a supplement there's not a lot.
>>
>>8751794
Go to a good stylist and have them thin/razer your hair to thin it out a bit. Try co-washing (conditioner washing) to tame your hair a bit.

I did these exact things and my hair is so much easier to manage.

Since I switched to co-washing, my acne has cleared up and my dry skin went away. Turns out that the chemicals in my shampoo were also stripping my skin of oils when I would wash my hair.

Co-washing is stupid easy - don't need expensive products like Wen. Just use conditioner with an alcohol base. Clarify your hair every so often with shampoo to remove conditioner buildup (I shampoo every 3 weeks since I don't use hair products).

My hair is super soft and manageable now.
>>
>>8757065
The girl in that picture is wearing extensions if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>8781204
This would probably best be answered at haircrazy.com, but I would recommend trying to find out what dye your hair stylist used and adding that to your conditioner. You may find that as it lightens it'll start to turn a little green if your hair isn't light enough so something to be aware of. Haircrazy has a tutorial on doing your own roots but it doesn't look easy.
>>
File: closet.jpg (19 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
closet.jpg
19 KB, 250x333
>>8752126
I've got a similar one from Closet Child. It's not backwards as the pic, so maybe it's not what you're seeking.
>>
>>8793895
Biotin is good for your hair and nails. Cut back on washing your hair. Try 3x a week, then 2x down to 1. Get regular trims and stop dying your hair altogether. I stopped dying mine in 2009 and it is down to my waist.
>>
>>8802044
not the anon you're replying to, but did you dye it your natural color before deciding to stop doing it or did you stop altogether?
>>
>>8735170
n̾o̾t̾ b̾e̾i̾n̾g̾ m̾e̾a̾n̾ b̾u̾t̾ i̾ d̾o̾n̾t̾ t̾h̾i̾n̾k̾ i̾t̾ w̾i̾l̾l̾ m̾a̾k̾e̾ m̾u̾c̾h̾ o̾f̾ a̾ d̾i̾f̾f̾e̾r̾e̾n̾c̾e̾.
>>
>>8735170
Not being mean but I dont think it will make much of a difference
>>
>>8736255
Hahaha u need help as well, keke
>>
>>8736262
Is it true u spend 2 8hrs to do that everyday? Keke
>>
I recently saw a girl from my comm on facebook dye her roots bright pink, I don't think I've actually seen it before, is it a j-fash trend or something? I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it.
>>
>>8736277
Side pic looks kind of cute, punch in the face wahahahaha
>>
>>8736282
U just watched ghost huh? Kekeke
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.