[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WCS - World Cosplay Summit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: wcs_logo.640.jpg (39 KB, 640x290) Image search: [Google]
wcs_logo.640.jpg
39 KB, 640x290
General discussion thread.

My friend and I were brain storming whether to enter but all of our 'detailed' cosplay options have been done in the finals the past couple of years. Like there's nothing we're in to that has, I don't know how to describe it, other than level of difficulty of previous entrants.

And finding something to like or paying our hundreds of dollars just for a competition costume seems like a cop out.

Anyone else ever feel this way? Any cosplays you wish people would do?
>>
>>8723096
I don't think your specific issue should be a problem, anon. Lots of costumes have been repeated over and over again for lots of different reasons. I know some teams prefer to choose costumes solely based on complexity or how well it fits a skit concept they have in mind, but honestly, as long as you don't copy a skit AND repeat a costume, you should definitely prioritize choosing costumes from a series you like.

But it is tiring to see the same five series in my country's finals (USA). Every year there's a shitton of CLAMP, Utena, Fushigi Yugi. This past year was pretty good in terms of series diversity, though.
>>
>>8723096
Just focus more on skit, make it flawless. Unless you want the brother award.
>>
>>8723096
Any updates on the USA prelims location or any updates at all, honestly?
>>
>>8723561
No. And WCS USA just released a page-long status update to essentially say "also, no."
>>
>>8723561
There are no prelims in the US this year. They've at least made that clear.
>>
>>8724068
So, what are the going to do instead?
>>
>>8724623
Oh come on, at least bother reading their FB page before asking to be spoonfed info.
>>
>>8723195
Yeah we ruled out CLAMP as Sakura's been done a lot and so has XXX Holic. And we're not comfortable doing 2/3 Magic Knights. Clover is so pretty but neither of us really liked the manga.

Eternal Sonata also gets done a lot. Final Fantasy, usually from the amano artworks.

Evas, Gundams or otherwise large mechas.

Then there's the full suits of armor mostly from games.

>>8723282
>>8723195
But thanks guys. We're just going to have fun with it and focus on our best performance idea.
>>
>>8725038
Are you US? Going to go for this year?
>>
>>8725089
Yeah US. But we'll enter local cons if WCS gets too complicated.
>>
>>8725089
That's a good plan. My partner and I plan to do the same, but we also don't want to waste our trump card costume/skit combo on just an average con. Praying that it'll be one of the coasts.
>>
>>8725172 was for >>8725101, sorry.
>>
>>8724623
Telling you to fuck off, that's what. Since you can't be bothered to do anything yourself.
>>
>>8725172
Well the announcement seems to imply it'll be either East or West coast, one in May, one in June. But I can't remember which was which.

Cause they don't want to say anything definitive before all the contracts are signed cause otherwise people will book hotels and flights and time off etc.

Good luck to you anon.
>>
Spanish finalist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5W6diH6eA
>>
>>8726291
He blew up a balloon. That's really clever!
>>
>>8726280
Oh really? I wasn't reading that closely. Maybe Fanime? I was counting on AX.
>>
>>8726788
Anything except AX at this point. I'm not paying fucking extra especially if it's not going towards the winning team.
>>
>>8726797
What do you mean, extra for what?
>>
>>8727296
AX charges money to attend the Masquerade. Last year it was $10.
>>
>>8727304
Oh wow, that's bullshit. Do people actually pay for it?
>>
>>8727313
I've competed or been in attendance for the last 3 years, and judging by all the people in the audience I'd say yes. Although this year a lot of people took off after the Try Guys opened.
>>
>>8727313
Some dumb enough to, yes. Others wait until after it starts when you can just get in free after that, or not go at all because it's been going into shit tier year after year
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.