[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nail General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 59
File: Screenshot_2015-11-06-19-54-35-1.png (900 KB, 1440x1360) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-06-19-54-35-1.png
900 KB, 1440x1360
Ya'll down for a nail thread?
>>
File: lizlisa-acrylic-nails-hearts.jpg (162 KB, 700x668) Image search: [Google]
lizlisa-acrylic-nails-hearts.jpg
162 KB, 700x668
>>
File: 205.png (1 MB, 1440x1418) Image search: [Google]
205.png
1 MB, 1440x1418
>>
File: 427.png (952 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
427.png
952 KB, 1440x1440
>>
File: 332.png (2 MB, 1440x1411) Image search: [Google]
332.png
2 MB, 1440x1411
>>
File: 579.png (1 MB, 1440x1426) Image search: [Google]
579.png
1 MB, 1440x1426
>>
File: 175.png (2 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
175.png
2 MB, 1440x1440
>>
File: 1840.png (910 KB, 1440x1411) Image search: [Google]
1840.png
910 KB, 1440x1411
>>
Lil dump
>>
File: IMG_20150919_232851.jpg (442 KB, 720x714) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150919_232851.jpg
442 KB, 720x714
>>8717119
>>
>>8717121

Ok and now a serious question, not sure how it is in your country, but in Germany it's utterly expensive to get your nails extended as the ones above, so only with acryl/gel, but you pay only 25€ for extended nail tips?? I don't really get it...
>>
What nail varnishes would you say are the best value for money? Is it worth going for essie and OPI and sally H, or are colour show and 'drugstore' type varnishes okay?
>>
File: tumblr_n2k285yFlc1r9y2zao1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2k285yFlc1r9y2zao1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>8717207
Drug store ones tend to get gummier faster, might dry slower, and might have less pigment per volume meaning you need to do more coats. OPI, Essie, Orly, and China Glaze I would say are all easy to get and about the same quality. I don't consider Sally Hansen to be professional quality. My favorite brand is actually CND VInylux but to be completely honest I'm not sure if its open stock or only available to professionals. It stays the best and has a great pigment concentration. Also, all brands I would suggest using a base coat (except Vinylux, which specifically is made to not need it). My spa uses Orly Bonder which seems to work well with everything.

>>8717127
I don't really get what you're asking? Are you asking what the difference between stick on nail tips and actual sculpted nails are?

Also ask a professional I guess. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>8717207
I like Loreal's nail polishes. Especially their metallics
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1355718072823.jpg (1014 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1355718072823.jpg
1014 KB, 1024x1024
>>8717207
If youre in the US and can pick Essie, OPI, CG and SH for $6 - $10 a pop, fucking do it.

Its $24.99 a bottle where I am and we still buy it.

Currently got a hoard of over 500 polishes.. My go to brand is ColorClub.. and they do some amaazzzinnngggg holos would seriously recommend them!
>>
>>8718296
I mean the price difference. For glued on nailtips you pay around 25€ for sculpted nails without any extras you start at 60-70€. I've watched many tutorials of both and can't explain this massive price difference to myself
>>
>>8718366
Sculpted nails take a bit more time, effort and concentration to do. Whereas with tips, it's simply size the tip, glue, blend and shape then apply overlay which takes less time and effort to do.

It's kinda like the difference between tracing and freehand drawing.
>>
>>8718366
What >>8718436 said. Basically, most nail techs are paid per client, not per hour, so anything that takes more time is going to cost more. Plus, sculpting can take up to twice as much product, which (at least here in the US), comes out of our paycheck if we're independent contract workers. I know how much time on average I take to do a set of tips and can schedule accordingly, no matter if you want basic bitch or full stilettos. Sculpted nails are harder to predict though and even a perfect application of shorter nails will take half an hour longer, stilettos are probably a 2-3hour service. Since I can't tell exactly how long, I can't schedule anything afterwards. This means I take in less clients per day. Sculpted also usually entails much more cleanup, which I have to do myself. I don't know any salons that staff cleaning people, maybe a monthly deep-clean service but all the daily stuff is us. Sculpted means I need to vacuum up all that dust, wipe everything down, sanitize anything you or the dust came in contact with, do more laundry since I need more cloths down to try to catch that dust in the first place, often have to change my uniform shirt since its unprofessional to show up coated in dust, plus my normal sanitation of my tools and workspace.

tldr: sculpted nails take twice as long and twice as much product minimum, can take much more, and we'll charge slightly more than twice the price just to cover ourselves since we can't ask higher price after finishing.
>>
>>8718296
What would you say is the most flattering nail shape for hands that arent very dainty? My fingers arent necessarily stubby, but my knuckles are kind of big. Or do you think its best not to get nails done as it will draw more attention to my hands? Preferably nails that arent too long, as i have to do a lot with my hands
>>
>>8718366
>>8719104
Also, remember. Youtube tutorials can be edited. They're showing off their best work. They're also usually working on a model they know well, or a practice dummy hand/finger. They don't have to deal with someone changing their mind, moving, holding conversation (not a bad thing, it just does add to the time since I'm not able to concentrate 100%), answering their phone while at the table, deciding to try to eat lunch while being serviced, or just plain being vague about what they want and taking for fucking ever to decide. So yeah, I could do a sculpted set in less time if I'm doing exactly what I want to do and not dealing with my actual client at all.
>>
File: Nail-Shapes.jpg (47 KB, 1024x451) Image search: [Google]
Nail-Shapes.jpg
47 KB, 1024x451
>>8719105
Almond probably would look the best, but if you work a lot with your hands maybe somewhere between almond and oval. The slight tapering will make your fingers look a little longer and more slender. I usually go for oval personally, and I have pretty big man-hands from doing massage work too. I wouldn't worry about the polish drawing attention, though if it worries you try starting with sheer or light colors, or getting a french mani as it will make your nails look longer too. I do a lot of feminine french manis with pearlescent sheer polish over top, or glitter, or cute effects like tiny bows or polka dots.
>>
>>8719142
thanks, that's really helpful! I'm having my nails done for the first time soon (ive never had a manicure or anything at all). Do you find it annoying when people defer to you as a professional? Like when i get my hair done i dont really mind that much what they do so im like "well i dont want my hair to be too much shorter, whats your opinion". Is that just annoying and indecisive?
>>
>>8719169
If you actually listen to us, we appreciate it, or at least I do. The only time I really dislike it is if someone insists they want me to do whatever and then tell me they hate it. Like, ok obviously you do have opinions on what you want, so please tell me them before rather than insisting I do what I think would look good. Give all your concerns at the initial consult before starting. Tell them you work with your hands, tell them what your abilities to do home-care or how often you may be coming back. That's really really useful, both for nails and hair. I trained to do hair too, and one of the most nervewracking things was when someone wants a high-maintenance hairstyle and then expects it to be wash and wear, or wants to be a redhead or platinum blonde and expects to go home and use Suave on that shit. We genuinely want you to look good, not only because we're (generally) decent people but also that the best advertisement is to send you out into the world looking fuckin gorgeous and telling people we made you that way.
>>
>>8719217
Yeah i get you, I usually give the parameters that i want it in with my hair (e.g. nail length that i dont want to go longer than, and no neon bright colours), but then within that i dont mind, if there's something they like doing or want to practice thats fine! I'll give my ideas but you guys are the professionals, so will trust your advice about what i want. Thanks for the responses!
>>
>>8717207
I hate OPI with a passion. I've got 8-10 of them and they always chips within a day or two, even with my regular base and top coat. Everything else seems to last at least 3-4 days before I see tip wear, and chips take even longer. I really like Revlon ones, and I think Essence polishes are really good value for money if you can get them where you live. Sally Hansen's okay as a brand, but none of their colours really interest me, they're all pretty boring IMO. I haven't tried Essie because I've got so many other cheaper options that I like, but my friend really likes their polishes too. I've got one Orly one that I really like too, but I haven't tried enough to say enough about it.
>>
>>8717127
You're paying for the hours it would take to do those nails. Most people would never ever have nails like that, nearly everything posted above are competition nails where you have to go all out to win.
>>
File: image.jpg (961 KB, 2243x2243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
961 KB, 2243x2243
My current nails. They'll probably see me through till December. Then I'm doing Frozen nails.
>>
File: 422300216352309248_9hc_d.jpg (100 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
422300216352309248_9hc_d.jpg
100 KB, 480x640
I would love to have similar nails, i hope they can do because i don't like simple nails and i cant have 3d nails for pratical reasons.
>>
>>8720897
Well, I would glue on the blingbling myself if I wanted it. I just really want longer nails, but chips don't go well with my nails since they 'roll up'(?) and don't really fit etc. I still consider to buy me a starter set myself, it'd cost me half what I'd pay for salon. But I'm still not sure, need some more money first
>>
>>8720902

>through December

Jesus Christ anon, how?
>>
>>8720919
Not that anon, but it looks like they use gel. I guess they'll have a lot of growth, but I guess they'll be able to fill it in?

>>8720918
I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself if you don't know what you're doing. I've seen youtube videos of people using those DIY kits or stuff they've bought off ebay, and they always look pretty bad
>>
>>8720919
Because they're gel nails and it's the 17th of november? They should last two weeks.
>>
>>8720902
I really love these anon, are these your natural nails?
>>
>>8720918
If you want to be able to do gels/acrylics I would recommend you get proper training in what to do.
That said, if you want to go ahead and do them yourself, get your hands on a proper gel system incl. lamp/acrylic system not the shitty gel/acrylics from China. They cost more but honestly they are worth it. Also if you are using gel, get a lamp from the same system otherwise there is a risk of undercuring your gel and developing an allergic reaction. CND/IBD/NSI are all decent systems. I would also recommend getting a copy of a nail technician textbook(Milady are excellent) and sitting down and reading it cover to cover. You can download nail technician textbooks from libgen. Make sure to read up on the risks like fungal infection etc.
Also a practice hand is also a worthy investment. Essential nails do a nail trainer that's excellent to practice on.
>>
>>8720951
Yeah they are, I'm a nail tech and never get time to fully remove them, so they're kinda thick but well protected. They sound like marbles when they touch anything. Gel is amazing, no breakages since March when i started having them this length.
>>
>>8720966
Would you highly recommend gel nails? Mine are quite long but a bit uneven, the nails on my dominant hand are shorter but I'd like something that lasts quite a while (first mani).

Sorry for the questions!
>>
>>8720965
Thank you very much. I already read a few things about it and searched for good starter kits (not Chinese ones) and found a very good one from a German Salon. I'll definitely take a look at the technician text books as I think such things are important to know, but wasn't 100% where to find valid stuff (thanks 4chan for this thread). I have calm hands and I'm also fast in learning creative things like this so I hope I can do it. Than I could do my friends nails as well
>>
>>8720972
Yes, I love my gels. Just take your time finding someone you trust, cheap isn't always good and expensive isn't always amazing. Find a middle ground established salon that advertises what products it uses. If it doesn't advertise, it's likely they don't use good products. Have your nails cut so they're all even, don't cry, they'll grow again, it makes for a neater looking finish. Hope that helps anon.
>>
>>8721104
This was super helpful, thanks for taking the time to answer anon!
>>
Anyone have any lavender nails? ILD is coming up and I'd like to splurge and get my nails done

>mfw I'd have to take all of it back off again because I work in the food industry
>>
>>8720972
Other pro anon, and I'd recommend them too. I personally prefer CND Shellac, as it seems most gentle and isn't super thick (some people like the thicker thing, I like it to be more like normal nail polish) and its what my spa uses, but there's other brands that are good too, OPI and Gelish I know are pretty decent. Also, shellac and gel are just different brand terms, they're more or less the same product.

Other anon has great advice but I'd add that you should work out a good schedule for getting them done again, and do not peel them off. When we take them off at the salon we soak them off with remover, so just the polish comes off. If you try to peel them off though they will take the top few layers of your nail and you'll end up with weaker rough ridged nails. Its also stressful on your nail matrix so if you make a habit of it, you can end up with permanent damage.
>>
Possibly stupid question but I'm a pretty horrible nail biter. Not to the point where I'm bleeding but still really short nail beds from years of biting. Do you think getting some fake nails done would help me grow them out? I've never really had fake nails done so I don't think I'd chew them off but thought I'd ask.
Also just any personal nail biting stories and how you've stopped maybe?
>>
>>8721505
I think you could definitely give it a go. The only thing that made me stop biting my nails was having them looking nice and neat all the time, so maybe the same would work for you.
>>
>>8721505
I found it had the opposite effect for me. Instead of biting my nails I was picking at where the acrylic joined my real nail, peeling the paint off my nails, and using the fake nails to scrape at my teeth. It didn't work for me but YMMV.
>>
>>8721505
I stopped nail biting by carrying a nail file with me all the time to use rather than bite. I also read on cgl that it can give you pinworms and it really grossed me out, lel. When I used to get gel or acrylic extensions on my bitten nails they would't last more than a week since there wasn't much to adhere to (or maybe the place I got them just sucked, idk). I'd say try them out but if they come off quickly don't keep going back and wasting money.
>>
>>8717207
For price/quality, go with Sinful Colors. They're just as nice and last as long as much higher end polishes. I've tested them multiple times, so I'm 100% confident in them. I own OPI, China Glaze, Essie polishes so I'll give you the run down on those.

OPI - Hate. I wouldn't pay $1 for a bottle. All the colors I have are runny, goopy messes that chip within 2 days of normal wear even with a proper top coat. Too overhyped.

China Glaze - Fav pro quality polish. They make my favorite color ever, For Audrey. I painted my nails with it, forgot to put on a top coat, and it lasted like 6 days straight not one chip. Worth the money.

Essie - Ehhh. Quality is there but I feel like their color selection isn't as great as comparable brands. I feel like you have to lay it on heavier to get an opaque coat.
>>
Polish brands based on my experience:

Wet n' Wild: Cool colours and awesome glitters, especially for the price. Glitters expire way faster than other polishes, so why spend a fortune on them when I can get one for a dollar?

Sally Hansen: Not worth it. Bubbles, chips, boring colours, their nail care line is garbage.

Revlon: Decent, but there are better polishes in this price range. Unless you absolutely love a certain colour, don't bother.

Essie: Good quality, but limited range of colours. Good for basics.

Nina Pro: Great colours and formula, but the brush is short and wide. I like it, but it might not be for you.

Orly: Their pearls suck, but their nail care line is pretty dope. Their polishes seem to be formulated to only work with their base coats.

I have a bunch of random brands too, Cutex, Lancome, Nails Inc, The Face Shop...not enough of each to form an opinion about the brand though.
>>
>>8721699
Oh my god, I thought I was the only one who hated OPI. And Sinful Colors was the brand I'd forgotten about! My friend has a couple and really likes them, but I kept forgetting to ask her which brand it is
>>
Whenever I try to grow my nails out, I always have at least a couple that bend downward, so it's really hard to actually grow them out to a good length. Is there any remedies that might help or anything that I can do?
>>
>>8721505
I started chewing gum instead, it helped immensely. I also had the drive of prom coming up that helped me try to grow them out
>>
>>8721505
I stopped biting after I got invisalign. It's impossible to bite when your teeth are covered in plastic. Maybe you could ask about getting a single clear retainer. It also helps stop snacking.
>>
Any advice on products for strengthening nails and encouraging nail growth? I can't wear polish where I work and as I work with my hands, my nails chip so I'd at least like to get them looking naturally nice if I can't paint them. I used to use sally hansen miracle nail cure, or something like that, but it dried up in the bottle really fast and I see some of you are poo pooing sh so do you have alternatives?
>>
Everyone in my area seems to do acrillic naills, not gel. What is the difference. The gels seem to look better to me in pictures, but is the process much different?
>>
>>8722460
The process is very different. Gel is faster and nearly odourless, acrylic takes a long time and has a really strong smell. Generally acrylic is stronger, but if you don't mind a thicker gel, they can be just as strong. More people these days are having a gel polish which is quite thin, not always suitable for long nails eg. Shellac, gelish, but there are gels like calgel and bio sculpture that are better for length.

One good way of keeping your fingers out of your mouth is by really thinking where your hands have been. I used to bite my nails badly until I started training in pedicures and bikini waxing...yeah I wear gloves, but my fingers don't go near my mouth anymore without a thorough scrubbing!
>>
>>8721858
That sounds like it might actually be a problem in your nail matrix. I really don't know how to fix that, other than possibly regular appointments with a good manicurist, and maybe checking with a doctor to see if its a vitamin issue.

>>8722235
I've heard a lot of people have had success with taking biotin. Its an oral vitamin you can get in the pharmacy department of most stores. I'd double check with a doctor if you take any other medications first, but its just a protein supplement so I don't think it would hurt anything. It also may help thicken or strengthen hair as both your nails and hair are made of the same protein. I'd also maybe look into a cuticle conditioner/nourisher rather than a paint on polish-like strengthener. It absorbs in rather than sit on top, and its oil based so it will usually not dry up on you.
>>
>tfw lesbian
at least i can admire other people's cute nails
i love Jill and Lover's instagram
>>
File: fruitcake.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
fruitcake.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1600
I'd like to do these for Christmas but my nails can only have a quarter-inch free edge.
>>
>>8724249
Wait nvm I got them confused with these, which I've tried before and do need a longer nail to get the cups to look right.
>>
>>8720889
What's the deal with essence? I've tried their nail polish, but it usually starts chipping after a day.
>>
>>8724392
How are you applying it?
>>
>>8724392
Which ones have you tried? I really like them and I've never had a problem with them myself, both the older Color & Go line and the newer The Gel ones (both with a regular and a 'gel' topcoat). Maybe it's your base/top coat, or just what you're doing with your hands in general?
>>
File: tumblr_nd1uhfFmFp1qaheylo1_1280.jpg (858 KB, 1280x1912) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd1uhfFmFp1qaheylo1_1280.jpg
858 KB, 1280x1912
I have really long nails that I want to deco all the time, but the moment I start using varnish on them, they'll start breaking or yellowing after the varnish comes off. Normally my nails are really strong but it doesn't matter if I put down a clear base coat or use higher end varnishes, it fucks them.
Is this just the reality of natural nails?

>>8716959
These make me think of a gross fungus bubbling up, oh god.
>>
File: SCAN0042.jpg (408 KB, 1161x1600) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0042.jpg
408 KB, 1161x1600
>>8723991
I don't understand how being a lesbian limits your nails...
>>
File: bore-hole.jpg (22 KB, 525x377) Image search: [Google]
bore-hole.jpg
22 KB, 525x377
>>8725284
>>
>>8725354
lol, do you think you'd only need to do that as a lesbian, plenty of girls freakin' fap., just gotta be careful and lube up.
>>
>>8725358
as fun as jabbing a girlfriends cervix or accidentally scraping the vaginal walls with inch long nails would be... i'll just admire the pretty nail pictures
>>
>>8725358
i am a lesbian
long/fake/deco'd nails are not good for sticking inside people
high risk of infection and tearing
sage for tmi
>>
>>8721505
I used to bite mine badly too, anon! I remembered all the times I accidentally bit them down too far it hurt, and the fact that biting DID indeed give me pinworms a time or two...It was embarrassing and I felt gross. If you feel the urge to bite, try gentle biting the pads of your fingers (as long as they're clean!) but be careful not to break the skin, and try polishes/serums that rub in on your nails to encourage growth. I've heard false nails can weaken/slow nails and growth so I wouldn't want to do it, myself. I went from stubs to medium/long nails in like a few months after I stopped biting (my only issue is my nails are a bit thin, so they break kind of easily and right now most of them are a tad short from chipping). Once they start growing at a steady pace it gets easier.
>>8722235
I've always heard garlic cloves strengthens/grows nails. Perhaps cook with it if you don't want to directly rub it on your nails?
>>
>>8725362
>jabbing a girlfriends cervix or accidentally scraping the vaginal walls with inch long nails
I'm screaming.
>>
>>8725236
That is not normal. What brands are you using? Are you low on any vitamins or anything?
>>
>>8725363
>>8725362
Why not just use temporary press ons? They're cute and you can just not wear them when fingering is imminent.
>>
File: i cant.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
i cant.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>8725284
>the furry leopard nails
>trying to eat pizza/tacos/snacks with those
>using toilet with those
>even if you wash them theres soggy fur on your hands
>why the fuck
>>
>>
File: 6334260300_9afdc3854e.jpg (141 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
6334260300_9afdc3854e.jpg
141 KB, 500x396
>>
>>8717105
Ewww wtf
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1026x894) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1026x894
anons i am so pumped, in about 3 weeks i'm getting my first set of acrylic fills. going for an almond shape with like 2/3 cm free edge, and this design, but with a gothic color pallette.

am i putting too much thought into this?
>>
>>8725825
what's with all this 'babby's first gyaru' shit lately?
>>
UK anon here

So I've never had a manicure before but I've been growing my nails for a good couple months and they've got some nice length to them.

What should I expect from a manicure? How I a find a good nail tech? Thanks
>>
>>8721505
I just looked at my hands one day, thought it looked gross as fuck and I was just done with biting. Three months clean :)
>>
File: AP2-300x154.png (99 KB, 300x154) Image search: [Google]
AP2-300x154.png
99 KB, 300x154
Could someone help me find a nice nail design to go with cinema doll in black? I don't usually go with dark colors for my nails..so I'm a bit lost. Thank you!
>>
>>8726292
i bet you could find someone to do the quilting for you, they may even have small pearls to put on to resemble the bg, or atleast could paint small dots on that area.
>>
Anyone tried Butter? Is it any good? It's on the pricy side...
>>
>>8726408
I haven't, and I don't know if I ever will, to be honest. There are so many good polishes out there for much cheaper, I don't think I could justify spending the money on them. If you want to try one without spending so much money, maybe you could ask for them for Christmas, or look out for holiday deals?
>>
>>8726199
I know that shit is nasty
>>
>>8726292
Ugh I would totally do that for you. I'd love to do print related nails...but most of my clients like red or nude.
>>
>>8726767
Would you be down to do a press on set? I'm looking for something that can be taken off quickly since this is only for ILD next month!
>>
File: 1431836211540[1].png (435 KB, 721x361) Image search: [Google]
1431836211540[1].png
435 KB, 721x361
>>8726733
newfag, lemme rock your world.
>>
>>8726205
I'm not 100% with how it is in the UK, but here generally you want to look for good reviews, but also maybe take a little bit of time online to familiarize yourself with some laws on sanitation and whatnot in your area. Where I live, the reviews for some of those little cheapo shops are good, but if you know anything about how its supposed to be kept clean, its scary.
In general though a good nail tech should:
>have a consultation with you before starting anything, this means asking what you're looking for that day, explain their processes and maybe talk about the product, and make sure you don't have any medical problems or sensitivities that might be affected by the service
>have a clean table ready when you walk in with a cloth or paper over it and clean tools
>make sure you're comfortable with everything every step, asking if the shape/length is what you want and that nothing is hurting you
>tell you what products they're using, including soaps and scrubs

A regular manicure should include any needed trimming or shaping to get your nails even, pushing back and cleaning up your cuticles, possibly a soak and scrub on your hands depending on what type of mani you've picked, polish if desired, and cuticle oil/cream or hand lotion to moisturize your hands.

pic unrelated
>>
Does anyone in here use stamp plates, and if so which brand do you recommend? I'm looking to get some new ones for work for the Christmas rush coming up and am a little wary of buying whatever's cheap on Amazon.
>>
>>8727029
Yea I have the bundle monster set. Pretty good
>>
>>8726408
Sometimes ultra has them on holiday sale 2 for $14 . They have some really unique colors that are worth it, but if you can find a dupe, I'd pass .
>>
>>8725714
I didn't know it really wasn't normal, yeah I'm probably deficient in something, I don't eat very well.
I've just been using normie brands like No.7 and Rimmel etc
>>
>>8729355
You should look at taking a vitamin supplement, fucked up nails indicates a deficiency and if you aren't in a position to fix your diet then that's the easiest way. If you want to make dietary changes, look at your protein intake as well as iron, calcium/magnesium, zinc, and biotin.
>>
>>8716959
oh the toenails are terrible wow
>>
>>8716961
Are these actual little pressed flowers? They look so perfect.
>>
>>8716959
Why do her fingers look so... Deformed?
>>
File: Matte reverse french tip.jpg (66 KB, 1080x864) Image search: [Google]
Matte reverse french tip.jpg
66 KB, 1080x864
Do we do product recommendations? >>8727024's reminded me of how awesome matte nails are, and there's a super cheat matte top coat that goes on ebay for only a couple of bucks. It's called BK Super Matte Surface oil. Here's a link if anyone's interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15ML-Chic-Stylish-Matte-Transfiguration-Nail-Polish-Top-Coat-Frosted-Surface-Oil-/391137916554?

Pic related, I did these with it
>>
Why does every nail thread have to have some dumb as fucking lesbian who is clearly doing it wrong shitting up the thread. God damn.
>>
>tfw nails are 1.5cm
>tfw get really sick and three of your nails break from getting brittle
JUST

>>8717207
Pure Ice and China Glaze. For the money, a lot of the wet.n.wild polishes are quite good. Pick up a bottle of Seche Vite(polymer topcoat) for 6 bucks and your polish will stay chip free for forfuckingever.
>>
File: image.jpg (678 KB, 2217x2217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
678 KB, 2217x2217
My nightmare before Christmas nails started lifting so I've done my frozen nails.
>>
>>8719142
Nail artist anon, do you have pics of your work? Or recommended instas?
>>
File: 2937.png (2 MB, 1440x1422) Image search: [Google]
2937.png
2 MB, 1440x1422
>>
>>8731910
Does the matte with this one fade? I have a Sally Hansen Matte Topcoat but the matte always fades after a few days and the polish become shiny again.
>>
>>8733809
please explain to me how you're supposed to finger your girl with nails like>>8717127
or any nails that extend past the end of your fingers
>>
>>8734824
A little, towards the tips, but it's still mostly matte. It's nothing another coat can't fix, and it dries super fast so it's not like you're sitting around for ages. I think it's just in the nature of most matte top coats to do that
>>
>>8734848
Have you never watched porn.
Also why do you only use your fingers, are you dull?
>>
File: 61XlXt7Uc0L._SY355_[1].jpg (11 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
61XlXt7Uc0L._SY355_[1].jpg
11 KB, 355x355
>>8730668
Thick knuckles.

Also, for you gulls who can't or don't want to use Seche Vite, allow me to rock your world. Pick yourself up a bottle of this shit at Sally's. Dries just as fast, just as shiny, but 3 free and without getting gloppy in the bottle.
>>
File: 1426718369926.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1426718369926.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
How do you all attach your press on nails? I got a box of plastic ones from daiso that I decorate sometimes. I tried using the nail sticker things, but those came off if you looked at them too hard, and I ended up straight up supergluing them. It went fine, I just popped them off when I wanted, but it did wreck my nails until I grew it off.
>>
>>8735035
it's not safe to finger someone with long nails, vaginal tears and infections aren't sexy
and no i don't watch lesbian porn because 99.9999% of it is unsexy garbage made by and for straight guys
>>
>>8735090
Don't pull off fake nails, you'll pull away layers of keratin from your nail plate and possibly lift the plate off the nail bed, risking infection. Always remove with acetone and oil your cuticles afterwards.
>>
>>8735492
God you're boring. Invest in a vibrator dumb bell.
>>
>>8733979
Unfortunately calling me a 'nail artist' is pushing it. I work in a day spa that mostly caters to older women so we don't have a lot of call for nail art, and most of what I do is stamps since they're quick and fairly standard in appearance. If I had more call for it, or even could have my own nails cute more often, I'd share them. And to be honest I've never used instagram.

>>8727056
Nice, thanks. I just ordered a few different sets. Hopefully they arrive in enough time for me to bust out some swatches and make a little extra cash before Christmas.
>>
Does anyone have any basic tutorials for doing your own fake nails? I've got the painting down but I'm at a loss at how to file them and make them look not like scary claws.
>>
Just gonna post some random ones I like.
>>
File: acrylic-nail-art-step-by-step.jpg (69 KB, 550x793) Image search: [Google]
acrylic-nail-art-step-by-step.jpg
69 KB, 550x793
>>8742026
>>
File: Cherry-Nail-Art-Tutorial.jpg (103 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
Cherry-Nail-Art-Tutorial.jpg
103 KB, 500x672
>>8742027
>>
>>8742032
All tutorials obvs

>captcha: sweet ass hummer limo
>>
File: DIY-Nails-15.jpg (44 KB, 400x436) Image search: [Google]
DIY-Nails-15.jpg
44 KB, 400x436
>>8742034
>>
>>8742035
>>
File: tutorial christmas sweater.jpg (98 KB, 600x680) Image search: [Google]
tutorial christmas sweater.jpg
98 KB, 600x680
>>8742047
Please remind your moms not to ask their poor nail techs to replicate this on every nail thx
>>
File: deco twin stars.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
deco twin stars.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>8742076
>>
File: classy motherfucker.jpg (87 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
classy motherfucker.jpg
87 KB, 612x612
>>8742078
>>
Could anyone here give me some advice on some basic tools I should definitely buy if I'm looking do some nail care on someone else? Like an manicure routine, minus the nail polish.

I already own a nail clipper and a crystal nail file.
>>
>>8721505
Recovered nail biter here. Keeping a nail file/clipper with you at all times will help stop tearing them off when they get a little rough.

However, the way I finally kicked the habit for good was I decided one nail was my 'safe' nail. I could chew all the others, except for that nail. Once that nail grew out, I added another- okay I can chew all my nails *except for these two* and I continued doing that until all my nails were 'safe' nails. It was so spread out and gradual that it was pretty easy.

I still have to exert willpower to not chew my nail to shreds when they get even the tiniest bit rough, though.
>>
>>8721505
I've been biting my nails since whenever. One day last year I saw some guy who had INFINITELY WORSE nails and it just kind of... scared me into not biting anymore, being afraid that my nails would one day end up as extremely short and ugly as his. I'm talking about 3 mm short stubby nails ugly. That's a year and a half ago and I still can't deal with having nails, it's awesome. The first month or so is the hardest, but once you start to see definite results it's worth it.

I do still occasionally rake my teeth under the edges, but never bite them off.
>>
>TFW a boy

I'll never have cute nails ;~;
>>
>>8752135
Who says you can't?
>>
File: shbzactraf1k0uckzjhj.jpg (42 KB, 660x461) Image search: [Google]
shbzactraf1k0uckzjhj.jpg
42 KB, 660x461
>>8752135
Anyone can have cute nails
>>
File: orig.jpg (91 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
orig.jpg
91 KB, 600x440
>>8752322
>>
File: Clipboard0126.jpg (31 KB, 353x362) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard0126.jpg
31 KB, 353x362
>>8752374
>>
>>8752322
Snoop Dogg is an angel in disguise.
>>
File: nails-art-for-men.jpg (92 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
nails-art-for-men.jpg
92 KB, 300x250
>>8752377
>>
>>8752135
I go to art school and tons of guys have painted/manicured nails here. And not just emo/goth guys with black nails or even effeminate ones, there are some guys who look like your average normie who just have orange painted nails or whatever
>>
>>8745993
To do manicures on another person, you will need:

>An assortment of nail files in different grits. Tropical Shine files are good because the grit is labeled on the file.
>A buffer
>Orangewood sticks
>Cuticle remover liquid or gel, like Blue Cross.
>Oil and moisturizers

>And a fucking estheticians license because you can give someone a staph infection if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>8726795
looks like a great way to rip your nails off.
>>
>>8752641
good manicures don't remove the cuticle...
>>
>>8735090
I use superglue. I prefer it to nail glue as it comes off easier.
>>
File: 144391829044.jpg (571 KB, 1040x823) Image search: [Google]
144391829044.jpg
571 KB, 1040x823
>>8752322
>>8752374
>>8752377
>>8752379
No thanks, I'd rather be a cute girl.
>>
>>8742080
How?! Any ideas what this overlay is?
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.