[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help, fast.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2015-11-13-14-05-21.png (399 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-13-14-05-21.png
399 KB, 540x960
So I'm going to a con in about a week that I was just informed of, a small one day con and the only thing I own j fash related is this bodyline yukata I bought when I was 16. Is there anything I can do to make it look good and not ita? Is it hopeless? I don't want to look like a fool. Pic related, I have it in pink
>>
No, don't wear it, throw it away and/or burn it.

Just go in normal clothes.
>>
>>8716478
Is it one piece or is the skirt seperate? If seperate, wear the skirt with a Victorian style or Peter Pan collar white or beige/off white blouse, tights and girly shoes (if no Lolita socks and shoes) and a pink hair bow.
>>
>>8716485
It's a full piece unfortunately :'c
>>
>>8716478
>hem sleeves
>cut off lace
>cut off trim
>remove flower ornament thing
>replace lining
>separate skirt
>get dressed
>start fire
>throw self into fire
>burn dress to ashes
I'm sure it'll look fine if you follow those steps anon.
>>
I also have a plain school uniform but I'm not sure where I have it stored :') why god
>>
My friend wants me to dress up with her so I'm really in a rut right now. If I found my school uniform do you guys think it'd be okay to just do a general j fash seifuku outfit? I have long pink hair and I was thinking of putting it in double buns but my face is pretty round so I'm not sure
>>
>>8716478
You know it's not required to wear jfash or cosplay to attend a con, right?
>>
>>8716517
I know, but my friend really wants me to. I told her I would
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 500x500
>>8716489
I would go with the school uniform then if you can find it, unless you know how to sew or can get someone to make the skirt part seperate for you to make a more regular skirt and blouse coordinate. Unfortunately the top yukata-like part of this makes it one of bodyline's most recognizably ita items. Maybe a thought for the future. As a LAST resort, you could maybe style it like Ageha-style Gyaru but the hair, makeup, tan and heels might be too much to pull off on short notice.
>>
>>8716524
Thank you for the actual helpful advice, anon. I think I'm going to search my closet, there's a few storage boxes it may be in. Do you think I'll be okay just styling my regular hair? It's really long and thick so it won't be limp and it never gets greasy or anything, I'll just need to re-do my roots..
>>
My vote's for simply wearing it as-is.

Yes, you will come across as a weeb, but it's a con. You'll just be another weeb in a sea of weebs. No one's going to single you out and post you on the ita thread when there are worse looking things out there.

Yes, the lolitas of cgl will laugh at you. But you aren't going to hang out with them so why care what they think. They aren't going to be your friend even if you show up in a proper lolita coord anyway.

Wear the ita dress anon. Be the weeb. Be the ita weeb that's having fun with her friends enjoying the con instead of the uptight one stressing over what some strangers on the internet think.
>>
>>8716536
I'd wear the odango as yo described if you can find the uniform. If you aren't concerned what people think, and can take it if you do get posted or laughed at, then
>>8716538 advice is also something to consider.
>>
>>8716538
Thank you anon, it's a really small con, usually only 300 people, I just have really bad self esteem issues so I get obsessive and scared of being judged. I really just want to have a good time, it's my first con.
>>
>>8716549
Anon, when I went to my first con back in middle school, I had that purple $40 spirit store wa "lolita" thing and that was the most expensive thing in my closet. I was also just crazy happy to be there. Enjoy your con, nobody can take that time from you.
Anon. I had spray painted my hair purple. You will rock this.
>>
>>8716561
You're so sweet anon, thank you.
>>
File: _20151114_050519.jpg (54 KB, 540x631) Image search: [Google]
_20151114_050519.jpg
54 KB, 540x631
Since you guys have been so kind I'll share the only photo I ever took in it at 16, then felt regret and shoved it in my closet forever. It's complete cringe, my then boyfriend of nine months had just dumped me and I put blue in my hair out of nowhere, didn't know how to do my fucking eyebrows, and chose a god awful filter. I swear I look better than this now :')
>>
>>8716714
The only real thing I have to say about this is left over right.
>>
>>8716714
Unless the photo is flipped or mirror, one thing to beware of is to wear it 'left over right' not opposite. Only burial kimono is right over left.
>>
>>8716717
Yep, I wish I knew that back then. I hate my younger self so much :') maybe I had it like that because I should have buried my damn self that day
>>
>>8716722
Aw, don't be like that. We don't know until we learn. The person you were then grew into the one you are today so don't waste time or regret on things over and done with. There's too much to look ahead for to be bothered much by looking back.
>>
>>8716538
>>8716561
I'm not the OP, and I'm already an established lolita but holy hell anon, I'm going to take those words to heart. Thank you so much.
>>
>>8716741
Awe anon thank you you're so sweet <3 I just can't help but cringe, it took me forever to get the blue completely out of my hair and back to a light pink. If there's anything I've learned, don't change your hair when you're upset. Now mine is to the middle of my back and light pink and I'm honestly surprised I've not chopped it all off haha, I learned my lesson.
>>
I kind of want that Bodyline set now. I've done wa lolita with real yukata but that is pretty cute. Is that the Love Jewelery print on it? They have a jsk with a cherry/plum blossom print on it; (L322?) should have used it with this pattern.
>>
>>8716757
I can take some close up pictures of the print when I get home
>>
>>8716746
Could have been worse, we all do dumb things on impulse sometimes. I was upset once so I did go and got 4 facial piercings then took too much drugs. Not fun to wake up to the next day and even though I enjoyed the jewelery a while, I still have scars from them long after I removed them.
Live and learn!
>>
>>8716538
This is such important advice. Unless you're actually going to a lolita meet up, no one's going to care, no one's going to take a photo and put it in the ita thread, and absolutely no one will say anything to you at the con. For one of my first cons a long time ago, my friend had a silky yukata dress similar to yours, and I had a maid esque lolita dress that was so short I wore another skirt underneath that was then way too long, we looked such a mess but we had fun and no one cared. I really like the gyaru idea someone above came up with, big big hair and big eyes, cute heels etc, but if you really wanna give it a shot in wa-loli, keep your hair simple, white and pink accessories, maybe wear a white under skirt if you have one if it's really short. At least it's cotton right? Or if you have a plain skirt that could work with the lolita shape assuming you have a petticoat, wear it over the yukata so you have the wa top, and a less distracting bottom. Wear the obi belt thing over the waistline, get some nice white cord and tie it like an obijime to replace the flowers, you have options anon
>>
>>8716538
I freaking love this. I also love the idea of taking an ita staple and actually styling it in the nicest way possible - nice hair and make up, well-matching accessories etc. it may still look weeb but if the styling is on point it's very difficult to actually be truly 'ita' in the sense of 'it hurts my eyes to look at you'.
>>
>>8716784
Unless you are just doing it for your own enjoyment, if you are in Lolita and post a serious attempt at a coord using that, people will always tell you its ita, no matter how cute the accessories and styling. Bodyline yukata dresses occupy about the same tier level as a lace monster, I think. I'm tempted to get one for the gyaru styling then do the 'can I make it minimally ita as lolita' experiment but otherwise, I think it's a waste of money just to buy it for Lolita. OP is making the best of it if she wears it because she has it already and no time to get anything else, a different thing.

One more thought OP, you might want to cross-post a link to this thread in 'coordinate help' thread. I know many will tell you it's ita or burn it etc., but if you wear it, you'll need to coordinate it a little. I got to looking at it (for later, after the con) and I think it has enough fabric to turn the whole thing into a jumper skirt, making the top, straps out of sleeve fabric, maybe use the collar fabric as waistband. Replace the lace depending on how it is, Bodyline lace is hit/miss.
>>
>>8716478
Look, that dress is adorable for a con. Think about it as cosplay and not lolita fashion. Fuck, wear some cat ears even. Ita it the fuck out. It's an anime convention, not a lolita meetup.
>>
Damn, I posted this >>8717103 before seeing this
>>8716538

They word it so much better. I completely agree
>>
>>8716714
The worst thing about this photo is your eyebrows.
>>
>>8716489
then make it into a skirt, peasant
>>
>>8717340
I know they're horrible, I swear I've gotten better at them :')
>>
File: arms.gif (839 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
arms.gif
839 KB, 500x375
>>8716538
thank you for saying this. its really great advice anon. really. im taking this to heart.
>>
If you want, here's something that might serve as inspo? I know you can't really coord like this in this short of time but perhaps it can give you ideas?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.