[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mainstream Representations of Cosplay/J-fash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: greatjobdisney.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
greatjobdisney.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Let's discuss mainstream representation of cosplay and J-fash. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

To start, here's a terrible representation of what appears to be a sweet lolita outfit. This is in an exhibit on Japan's "kawaii" culture (already cringe even without this hideous coord) in the Japan pavilion at Epcot. This is literally the best Disney could do. And if you read the blurb, it's described as a "cosplay outfit".

https://youtu.be/lFuntOKQpXo?t=5m30s

I actually emailed Disney complaining about it and saying it's basically making a mockery of a legit fashion. I'm wondering how they'll respond.
>>
>>8716325
Forgot to state that the ugly coord shows up at around 5:30
>>
I doubt they'll actually reply but please do post caps when you get a response
>>
>>8716325
I actually posted this mannequin in an ita thread a while ago and someone responded with "tfw I know who you are" even though I don't know anyone who goes on 4chan. Are you the person they mistook me for maybe?
>>
>>8716325
what if we ALL email disney? that could work
>>
>>8717603
That might actually work
>>
>>8717603
I could get behind this. What page did you get the e-mail from, OP?
>>
>>8716325

I went to Epcot and was terribly disappointed because otherwise the exhibit is pretty decent.
>>
>>8717603
I honestly don't think Disney Japan is going to give a fuck about what a bunch of western weebs think. Specially if the Japanese don't mind.
>>
>>8717726
Read the OP, this wasn't Disney Japan. This was in Epcot in Florida.

I agree that Disney probably still won't give a shit, though.
>>
>>8717603
Is there a really good Lolita in Florida? We could recommend them (if they'd be okay with it) to Disney. Perhaps Disney will allow that person to put together a coordinate for the display.
>>
>>8716329
Will do, anon!

>>8717570
Nah, wasn't me... I don't typically go on the ita threads

>>8717603
>>8717624
I was hoping someone would suggest this, yeah I think that's a great idea.

I went here to email them and selected "My Past Walt Disney World Visit" as the subject.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

>>8717806
I'm not active in the CFLS, but I'm sure there is a girl there that's a particularly good lolita.
>>
>>8717729
Honestly if enough people email them and claim to be "offended" by the outfit, they will listen. Disney is all about their image and I'm pretty sure the last thing they want to do is offend people.

If you guys get the chance, I really do think it'd be a good idea to send a quick email complaining about it. Here's the link I used:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/
>>
>>8717882
>https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/
tf they want my number for
>>
>>8717898
Meh, I just gave it to them. I have to use it anytime I make a dining reservation anyway, lol.
>>
>>8717729
>I agree that Disney probably still won't give a shit, though.
Isn't this the same place that has a figure of Ayanami Rei labeled as a yokai or something?
>>
>>8717917
I think they might have actually had that in the last exhibit
>>
I can't believe you're all offended by this ita outfit. Maybe you should write an email to half of my comm telling them that they're mocking your only identity.
>>
>>8719747

Bro why do you think we have constant ita threads.
>>
As someone whos subbed to a lot of Disney Park bloggers, when I first saw this video, it wasn't really bad at all. Nothing in this video is bad, except for maybe the Bodyline-ish coord. If I recall, there is no mention of lolita or anything like that on the info displays. To me, its just attempt at a "kawaii outfit". There is a mention of "cosplay outfits" though, which would work if like Akihabara was mention or something.
Have you guys even been to Epcot? Epcot is love, Epcot is life.
>>
>>8719793
You literally can't say anything remotely negative about Disney without fucking Disney apologists popping up from the woodwork. As someone who loves Disney, I'm the first to say when they've fucked up. There's no need to defend every move Disney makes, some of what they do is fucking bullshit and deserves a call out, this being one of those things. I bet you also think the Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom is great, too. Ugh.
>>
OP here. So I had someone from Disney actually call me and leave me a voicemail, saying they apologize and that they will be forwarding my message to upper management to see what can be done about changing the outfit.
>>
>>8724406
ANON DELIVERED.
>>
>>8720654
Aww. So cute. I get mad like you sometimes as well. I'm sorry for liking Disney and having opinions on when they fuck up or not. I'm sorry you weren't loved as a child.
>>
File: boatertip.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
boatertip.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>8727564
>>
>>8727564
Wow, you took that further than it needed to go. At least Anon was talking about the actual subject instead of getting patronizing and ~implying~.
>>
>>8727564
you sound incredibly insecure
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.