[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contact/Circle Lense thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: yellow-closeup.png (132 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
yellow-closeup.png
132 KB, 500x581
Where do you get your lenses?
Bought any recent one? Review them!
Have any questions, drop them there.
>>
File: Ramletherl_Valentine.jpg (31 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
Ramletherl_Valentine.jpg
31 KB, 625x352
Where can I get lenses that are orange/yellowish?
Picture related.
>>
I have astigmatism. How fucked am I?
>>
>>8712513
very.

forget having options. just be happy with what you can find. hope you like natural colors and paying out the ass for torics.
>>
>>8712513
Pretty sure they offer lenses for people with that, could be remembering wrong, although I hear it was much more expensive.
>>
>>8712513
I have mild astigmatism and have never had a problem with normal circle lenses, except they make it a bit more difficult to apply make-up close up. But I have very mild astigmatism, my eyes are fucked in different ways. So it depends how bad your astigmatism is. I have always liked Vassen's Bambi Queen. But that's just my experience, talk to your optician about it.
>>
Would you recommend going to the opticians before buying circle lenses? Are there any specific things you should find out before buying (base curves etc)? I'm kinda paranoid about my eyes...
>>
>>8712520
jesus fuck does no one use google anymore

you would have found an answer already if you fucking googled
>>
>>8712520
Yes. And buying from a reputable source and getting them checked when they come in and not wearing them a long time, throwing them out when they actually expire and all the other safety precautions intelligent people recommend.
Don't mess with your eyes.
>>
>>8712527
wow thanks for your help
>>
>>8712513
Truly depends on how bad your astigmatism is. If it's really mild, just get normal lenses because that's where the BEST and most choices are. If it's to the point you really need torics... yea, as others said, choices are limited and generally blacks, browns, or some colors that barely show up on darker eye colors.

Mine is pretty severe so to get colored lenses, I'd basically have to get Solotica or Magic Top torics from Brazil... at like $350 a pair. I care, but not $350 worth of caring. I'm just glad I can wear contacts and get glasses off my face whenever I want. But yea, this is the shit you deal with if your cylinder measurement is -5.25 diopters. I know the super extended range torics can go up to -10.00 too, yikes!

Also, people don't notice eye color as much as you think. Colored lenses are nice to have for shoots, but honestly, if you're just hanging around on the con floor, not many people will notice and I've never had anyone say anything to me but I tend to obsess on overall costume construction so that's what gets attention, not eye color too.
>>
>>8712559
Other anon was rude but this question gets asked three times in every single circle lens thread so it gets old. Yes, go to the eye doctor. You need to make sure that you don't have a moderate astigmatism that alters the base curve you need to wear.

>>8712531
>getting them checked when they come in
By... your optometrist? I've never heard of this before.
>>
>>8713077
>By... your optometrist? I've never heard of this before.
yea, don't do that. they'll say they're bad and throw them away. just buy from a reputable source, get your eyes checked out and make sure you can insert contacts correctly before hand. read up on warning signs of things like dry eye and torn lenses too.
>>
Sorry if a noob question, but I have brown eyes - would the circle lenses be able to be seen? I'm not looking for some ice blue/white colour, but maybe some greeney/dark blue pattern or something to make my eyes look a tiny bit interesting.
>>
>>8712513
https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Toric-Circle-Lenses-s/1928.htm
>>
>>8713126
Given that most circle lenses are made by Asian manufacturers for dark brown eyes, yes. That was a retarded question.
>>
Does anyone else find the EOS dolly eye series to not be very bresthable/comfortable? I like how piercing Dolly eye gray is but dang I have to constantly rewet them, never had this issue with princess Mimi Bambi series, which were my daily use lenses until they suddenly seemed to go bad (wasn't time for them to expire but they kept leaving persistent red rings on my eyes after removal, decided it was safest to throw them out)
>>
>>8713406
Yeah, the Dolly Eye ones aren't very comfy. I actually have two Dolly Eyes, bought a year apart from different sites, so I'm assuming it wasn't just a batch defect. Which is weird, because some of their other models don't have that issue for me.
>>
>>8713417
Hm OK so it's not a batch defect or a bad pair or something. Because I accidentally ended up with two pairs of them and was debating whether or not to open the second, but this seems to be a consistent problem. Is it a brand wide problem with eos? Or just the dolly eye series?
>>
>>8713406
>red rings
So you should probably not be wearing circle lenses daily if this is happening. It's a sign that you're not getting enough oxygen to your eyes or that you're wearing your lenses for too long.
>>
>>8713508
No that's what i thought at first but they were persistent. As in lasting for like a week afterwards. And suddenly appeared after months of no problem. And when wearing them for less than an hour they appeared. My new lenses don't do it, I'm gonna assume it's some kind of infection.
>>
>>8713417
>>8713406
Could it be the base curve is not right for your eye?
I found some to be like that, till i checked the site and my prescription again and saw the base curve was .2 more than mine. Lucky I didn't fuck up my eyes. Got some pairs with the correct base curve now, they feel great.
>>
>>8713599
Well they are moving a little when I blink. I don't have astigmatism. I don't know my base curve because I have no vision problems (I don't even think I've ever been to the optometrist)
>>
So this is my first time wearing contacts and exgf was going to help me pick out contacts but ditched.

I have blue eyes and I'm looking for black contacts. All the ones I've found show the base eyecolor, did anyone have any experience with some? I'm not looking for those complete black-out ones. Just to cover all the blue.

Also looking for a sea-foam green.

Any help and tips are appreciated.
>>
>>8713126
Debatable, depends how dark your eyes are. If your eyes are really dark then some lenses will barely show but they mix in very well so that the enlarging effect and slight pattern looks really natural while other lenses can be very bright. I have dark dark brown Asian eyes and I've had many experiences where the color doesn't show at all but there's a lot of websites with reviews where people compare their natural eye to the eye with the lens so try and find photos where the person looks like they have a similar shade of brown as you when choosing lenses.

>>8714010
Because your pupil constricts and dilates there's probably always going to be times where your base color will show since it's such striking difference from the black.
>>
>>8712471
Bump?
More of a suggestion, my bad.
>>
>>8713626
If you have never been to the optometrist, you have no idea if you don't have an astigmatism, you dolt. You would never notice a very mild astigmatism but it would be enough that certain lens base curves would not fit you that well. Most circle lenses come in 8.6, 8.7, and 8.8, so if a BC of 8.6 fits you best, 8.8 lenses are not going to fit nearly as well. If you have a mild astigmatism, 8.7s could also not fit great, etc.

If the lens is shifting around, it's typically a BC problem.
>>
>>8714341
I have astigmatism and my base curve is an 8.4. I can fit 8.6, but only some lenses and gotta be careful with them.
>>
>>8714302
https://www.honeycolor.com/eos-new-adult-brown
I'm a fan of this series, they're really comfy and vibrant.
>>
>>8714341
Literally all the other lenses I have worn haven't slid around. Only these do.
>>
>>8714415
Literally all lenses have specific base curves and diameters. It's possible for one brand's model to fit fine while the other sucks.
>>
I have a base curve of something like 8.9. Are there any circle lenses of that curve available?
>>
>>8712519
Do you get them in a certain prescription? I've heard about people some equation to convert their astigmatism to normal prescription but don't know how safe/reliable that is.
>>
...so, any of you gulls know lenses with "heart shaped pupils" yet? i need them for... reasons...
>>
>>8715633
AHEAGO
WOW YOUR PENIS IS INSIDE ME
>>
>>8714529
I got them in my normal prescription, but again, my astigmatism is really mild.
>>
>>8715645
Shhh anon, not in front of the children....

I need something to go with my pinku pantsu, though.
>>
>>8714522
Eos makes a few in 8.9 but you'll be digging for ever, especially since sites sort by diameter rather than BC a lot of the time. I'm 8.8 and the struggle is real.
>>
What's the biggest circle lens you can get before it's a sclera lens? I'm not quite ready to use sclera lenses but the character in going to be cosplaying has pure black eyes.
>>
>>8715633
Seconding this. Filthy degenerate fun will be ours anon!
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.