[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget! SHOW IT!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Oh cool, you spent 10000+ hours on your dress? Oh, it has 5000000+ glass beads? Nice. So how much did that fucker cost you in money and life?
>>
>>8710116

As someone who makes gowns, corsets, AND armor, armor is easy as shit. It's just time consuming.
>>
>>8710116
>230+ hours
Somehow I doubt it took a solid month of 8 hour work days to make something so mediocre. Unless this person had to spend all that extra time transforming party hats into usable materials rather than actually ponying up a few bucks for real supplies.
>>
>>8710431
Oh your one of those cosplayer. Why spend 5 bucks on a cone shaped object when you can buy 30 dollars of supplys and materials and craft them yourself for 3 hours. It's so much better.
>>
>>8710116
The project I'm working on right now (sorry, no photos) is the first time I actually bothered to write down expenses.

I'm at 60€ right now, and I still need wig, pair of glasses, boot covers, miniskirt and some modifications to the main jacket, mostly sewing a pattern on it.

I hope that I don't end up going over 100, but that seems pretty unlikely. Especially since I probably have to commission the parts requiring sewing. Haven't touched a sewing machine personally in over 10 years
>>
>>8710116
At least that budget seems realistic. I hated when this cosplay budget trend came in and cosplayers were literally adding electricity costs to their total expenses to up the cost of their cosplay.
>>
>>8710551

The fuck is wrong with spending a lot of time to make your cosplay? This is a hobby, hobbies are meant to fill your time.
>>
>>8710628
Work smarter not harder.
>>
>>8710551
> your
> supplys

Did you ask your parents permission before going online today, dummy anon?
>>
Is this a general thread to talk about budgets for cosplay or will I need to go somewhere else to have a budget question answered?
>>
File: bevfabriccrafts_2269_939948349.jpg (252 KB, 541x768) Image search: [Google]
bevfabriccrafts_2269_939948349.jpg
252 KB, 541x768
>>8710116
>modge podge
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.