[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General: Post Halloween Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 1445105214033.jpg (266 KB, 472x710) Image search: [Google]
1445105214033.jpg
266 KB, 472x710
>>8690186

How did your night go gulls? Hopefully nothing too cringeworthy happened?
>>
>>8695446
finally its over, now we just have to ride out one final late wave of hot topic gawf coordinates and then we can breathe easy
>>
I put together a last minute halloween coord and didn't get to go to a party because it rained so much that it flooded.
Anytime I try to do anything lolita related it doesn't work out. I'm afraid to go to a meet now.
>>
>>8695460
Has it been raining everywhere? This happened to me and a few of my friends in other states I swear.
>>
>>8695496
sunny and hot as hell in california
>tfw rain is a myth
>>
>>8695496
Idk but my whole city is fucked up. The sewer over flowed because of it, and one my bfs friends basement flooded.
>>
>>8695446
I got so many damn wizard of oz comments or "are you a good witch or a bad witch" comments, not just directed to me, but our whole group. It was super grating. I was dressed in a sweet witch coord but no one looked like any Oz character I was really confused why we kept getting those comments.
>mfw some guy asked us if we were teenagers....would you try to pick us up if we were?
Fucking creepy
>>
>>8695516
People went to this con in Galveston for the weekend, and had to use their cars as boats to leave lol. It sucks, I'm glad my area doesn't have basements for that reason.

I'm scared of my print running but luckily the rain did nothing to my brand :^)
>>
Pretty sure I'm going to be the only one besides the host at the meet I'm heading to and it's going to be really awkward.

More people were supposed to go but four people cancelled a couple hours before the meet.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 480x640
Would this coat look weird without wearing a petticoat? I like it and I'm going to Europe on winter for vacations but I'm not planning on wearing lolita, more like an otome kind of style.
>>
>>8695526
So don't go? No sense in putting yourself in that situation.
>>
>>8695542
I'm already on my way and she's already there. I'd feel bad bailing when the meet starts in like 15 minutes.
>>
>>8695526
Make the most of it, small meets can be very fun! Do you know the host well? If you do and you get along you should have fun anyway, and if you don't, take the opportunity to get to know them better. You might make a new friend!
>>
It went well actually, I had work in the evening, though it wasn't too bad. I brought my friend to a D&D Bar/Restaurant/Gaming place in which there was a halloween party there with a mix of cosplayers and normie halloween and we got with a bunch of party goers in cosplays and played Cards Against Humanity; the Bigger Blacker, Box Edition.

Much better than a Haunted walk
>>
>>8695547
Literally never met her, or I'd be fine. I have no idea what she's like.
>>
>>8695555
It certainly can get awkward then (especially if you're not in the same age group), I understand, but I still think you should give it a shot. If you don't have fun in each other's company then you can just part ways early, no harm done.
>>
>>8695545
It might be fun, maybe more people arrives later, besides small meets are better to know other people. But do go, otherwise you'll look like a dick.
>>
>>8695526
I hate when people cancel at the last minute. There's a special place in hell for people that do that.
>>
>>8695555
tell us how it goes anon! I hope you have fun!
>>
I threw on my witch coord for a trunk or treat event and then to take my son trick or treating with his grandparents and cousins. I really didn't have anybody bother me. I had one lady tell me she liked my dress, but that was about it. I lost my haunted mansion pin though, so I'm bummed about that.
>>
Did anyone go to the Palace of Princes event at Oni-Con?
>>
does anyone own MMM sleeping garden OP, could they double check the bust measurements on it for me please? Lolibrary says the OP has a set bust of 82 but also says it has shirring, which confuses me.
>>
Wore cosplay to work, a few teens flipped out when they saw me. Only a few other co-workers were dressed up
It was literally Hell at work and my boss yelled at me and made me cry in front of all of my co-workers and about 30 customers
>>
>>8695644
because you dressed up for halloween?
>>
I posted my coord to the draw thread, but I just threw a little something together for a party
>>8695423
Unfortunately was the best pic I ended up with, i kind of forget to take more.
Next year if Im more prepared I'll get more gold accessories to match the hat. (and a better petti)
>>
>>8695634
What's what's listed as the bust measurement on a majority of MMM dresses. It's often not the case.
>>
>>8695571
I get that it's grating, but sometimes people do fall sick. I don't want some poor girl running around with the group when she's suffering a cold or worse, diarrhea.

That being said, I do appreciate it when people mark down "maybe" instead of "yes". Usually "maybe" means "probably not" so I know not to count it when making reservations.

And for things like tea parties where the establishment requires a large security deposit from the organizer, it's easier if attendees pay the full cost including any tip to the organizer via PayPal. If you drop out in the last minute, no refunds.
>>
>>8695662
No, one boss wanted me in the kitchen, one in the bar, so they kept sending me back and forth before one of them snapped at me to get back in the damn kitchen

I've been screamed at my whole life by an abusive family member, so I immediately started sobbing. People were looking and pointing at him.

He shoved me behind the counter, still crying, as I'm handing out pizza boxes and forks. It was a nightmare.
>>
>>8695634
I own the op. It stretches really well. So unless you are huge you'll be fine
>>
...so I'm really nervous because AP still hasn't charged me for my HL order yet, there was a hold when I placed the order but now the funds are in my account again and I know it's because they just charge them all at once near the end of the month...but I had to have an emergency car repair today so if AP charges me between now and Friday I'm so screwed. What do you guys think, am I fucked? Or will AP delay long enough that I'll have another check go in before they charge me?
>>
>>8695742
damn. is there no way you can pay for the repairs in another way like doing it on a different card or account?
>>
>>8695742
Do you have someone who you can pay back for the car repair? That'd be the safer bet.
>>
>>8695564
>>8695579
Thanks! I actually had a great time and I'm glad I went. There were three of us and we had a lot of fun. I'll be less pessimistic in the future.

>>8695571
>>8695670
No one got sick, several people just decided to stay home last minute. I felt bad for the host because she had a lot of people planning to come originally.
>>
>>8695820
Wonderful! I'm happy you had fun, anon.
>>
Dressed as Alice and while I was walking down the street someone started to sing Domo Arigatou at me
>>
parents are out of town, so I was volunteered to take siblings to a haunted house. it was $5, so that should have been my first clue. We stand in line for an hour and 40 minutes, step inside, and the first sentence out of anyones mouth is, " my parents and siblings are gone, ITS THE RAPTURE!".... they spend the next 8 minutes attacking abortion asylum homeless people gays etc, and at the end of it told my little siblings that they needed to surrender themselves to God or say out loud to them that they are choosing Satan. My blood fucking boiled.
>>
>>8695873
what the fuck did you stick with it for? did you let them bully your siblings into making a religious statement?
>>
>>8695877
No, I took them out. I should have asked for our money back but I just needed to get them the he'll out.
>>
>>8695873
Sound pretty spoopy actually, anon.
>>
>>8695873
I would have demanded a refund, asked for a business license since they're charging entry, and called the cops.
>god or not, everyone pays to the state
>>
>>8695873
well, that does sound pretty horrifying....
>>
>>8695873
Kek, sounds like you stumbled on a church "Hell House". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_house
>>
>>8695898
This reads exactly right. next year I'm going to save my money and take them to the local actual haunted house, I'll even pay their bloated prices for the Fastpass no waiting in line tickets because this was just a terrible experience for them and I feel horrible and tricked. one of the kids have gotten the flyer from someone handing it out in a random parking lot.
>>
>>8695678
cgl is not your blog
>>
>>8695745
>>8695762
I have already paid for it unfortunately, I couldn't run the risk of being without my car for longer than a couple of days or I might lose my job. Shit sucks.
>>
>>8695885
good to hear.
>>
>>8695522
>I'm scared of my print running but luckily the rain did nothing to my brand :^)
Does this happen with any brand? I never wear it when it's raining mostly because it would be awful - but water shouldn't effect most prints right?
>>
>>8695527
Have you not already bought it? If you're gonna buy it most people have pictures of the dress itself and usually no petti so you can see how it'd hang without one.
>>
>>8696291
Varies from release to release, and sometimes even between colourways of the same release. Some are fine, some are not. I've only had one dress fucked up by water exposure, but it's made me cautious about all of my other printed pieces.
>>
>>8696026
Fuck off. I bet you don't tip.
As someone who works in the food service industry I can tell you it is absolute hell 90% of the time and you're lucky if you get to work at a place where people aren't yelling at you even though you're simply trying to do your job.

>>8695678
That sounds fucking awful. I've been there. Especially with the being yelled at part. Hopefully you don't have to work there long. Food industry has a pretty high turn over anyhow. If for some reason you do end up staying for a few years, the staff will change all around you. All the people that will remember you breaking down crying will eventually not be people you have to talk with if you don't want.
>>
>>8696306
Good to know. I won't risk it then.
>>
>>8696291
It used to be common amongst Baby/AATP prints from certain time (late 2000'sish?). I haven't heard specific things about print runs for some time but it was once a pretty hot topic.
>>
>>8695630
I did. It was alright. Food was cold. People were very clicky. One girl win three off the "raffle" prizes. I won't go to another one. Paid to much for a glorified house party.
>>
>>8696324
*cliquey
>>
Went to a butler cafe event for the first time today. Actually had a good time and a lot of girls coords were really nice. Are most american butler cafes (since we have SO many, right?) lolita oriented? Most of their merch could have been worn with lolita.
>>
>>8696336
Where did you go to a butler cafe in the US?
>>
Went out in lolita (with a costume twist) this year and has so much fun! Went to Rocky Horror, a house party, and then bar hopping around the city. Had a great time and even met another lolita!
>>
>>8696309
I tip and I've worked food service, the post is way off topic
>>
Halloween went pretty well, it was my first time wearing lolita but I wore gothic to keep it a little toned down. My co-workers were curious about the clothing and I told them how brands release sets of outfits and that I like trying to buy some online.
>>
>>8696339
San Jose. It's Cafe V.
>>
>>8696349
Someone literally asked her, though, she was just answering.
>>
A pigeon shat on my Baby JSK on the way back from seeing Crimson Peak with my sister. This was before Halloween festivities even began. Rest of the weekend was nice, though.
>>
File: whyyy.gif (197 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
whyyy.gif
197 KB, 500x280
>>8696394
dear god
>>
>>8695520
I was also at that meetup, but I didn't hear anyone mentioning wizard of Oz at all. We weren't even around normies for the majority of the meetup since the museum tour was private for only our group.
Yeah, the guy who asked if we were teens was weird but that was the only weird interaction as far as I saw.

Why do lolitas go so far out of their way to make a fuss about "waaaa we're so persecuted!!"?
Fucking grinds my gears every time
>>
>>8695853
>dress in lolita not on Halloween
>"OMG ARE YOU ALICE??"

>dress as Alice for Halloween
>people start singing Japanese song lyrics at you

Kek but also fucking why.
>>
>>8696415
I get Little Bo Peep'd WAY more than I do Alice'd. Actually, hearing someone ask if we're Alice is pretty rare.
>>
>>8696336
>>8696383
Like 70% of the butlers are lolitas
>>
>>8696421
I've actually never been Alice'd, only Bo Peep'd...
>>
>>8696075
Well sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure my card just got charged for the mto today so...good luck.
>>
>>8696457
>>8696421
Y'all are lucky... I get Alice a LOT. Creepiest one ever though, "Hey, Alice! Let me explore YOUR rabbit hole!"
Needless to say I was 14 at the time, after he was informed the colour drained from his face. It was actually kind of funny.
(This happened quite a few years ago but it's still one of my favorite stories, lmao.)
>>
File: 235435.png (206 KB, 379x297) Image search: [Google]
235435.png
206 KB, 379x297
>>8696462
welp, fuck me right in the ass
>>
Halloween doesn't exist in my country, life went on as usual
>>
>>8696324
That's exactly why I didn't go. I wanted to, but seeing all the people going, I knew I was going to pay $40 just to stand in a corner awkwardly. It looked like fun but all those people are friends with each other and its hard to feel included around them. It's not bad but I also didn't want to go out of my way since a few of them are dramallamas and I didn't want to deal with that. Sorry it didn't turn out better for you anon.
>>
>>8696497
why not just ask to borrow money from someone that trusts you? If they know you well enough to know that you will pay them back as soon as you get your pay, it shouldn't be a huge deal.
I had my boyfriend loan me money during a big release once.
>>
>>8696407
Pigeons are evil. I was a dealer at SDCC. 15 minutes before the hall opened on day zero, a pigeon shat on my merchandise. There were pigeons in the dealers hall and my booth was right under the big ass vents they liked to chill on.
>>
>>8696421
>Did my best to look like Halloween Alice
>not one person said it

:'( I guess I'm just too ugly
>>
>>8696349
Someone asked and she answered
>>
>>8696383
I heard about that event by a friend. Was the food good and were there more butlers or maid?
>>
File: smh.gif (1 MB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
1 MB, 300x224
>>8696543
It's ok. I tried a harlequin inspired coord and even did the makeup, but got two "Are you Minnie Mouse?"

I wasn't even wearing red.

baka
>>
>>8696566
I thought the food was good and filling, that's not much coming from me though. It was a plate of a few different small sandwiches and a salad. And it was all butlers since you know, it's a butler cafe.
>>
>>8696566
Pretty much all the butlers are girls from the local lolita comm, so there are no maids, only girls dressed as butlers.
>>
>>8696336
cafe v is lolita oriented (iirc majority of butlers are also lolitas or oujis), most of the other maid/butler shit attempts i've seen are generally weeby in the worst ways and not recommended.
>>
did we get new word filters? i keep seeing random desu senpais everywhere.
>>
>>8696651
no, it's just a new meme desu senpai
>>
>>8696612
>only girls dressed as butlers
Like in a ouji way or like old man butler way?
>>
>>8696655
Kind of a mixture of both. This was a themed event though. So they were vaguely alice in wonderland themed.
>>
I'm so glad I find Metamorphose's new print to be ugly as shit.
>>
>>8696291
Reds are also more likely to run. Water is terrible for screenprints and will always damage them.
>>
Is it just me or is Mary Magdalene declining in value/popularity? I just got this for 7500 yen and it seems like other listings are up for weeks without bids if they're over 10000 yen.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 450x600
>>8696954
Dropped picture bc I'm an idiot
>>
File: 120530170019-0.png (235 KB, 360x420) Image search: [Google]
120530170019-0.png
235 KB, 360x420
>>8696684
Aww, I like it. If I wasn't so broke I'd buy this cut/colorway. Maybe I'll get some tights instead.
>>
>>8696954
I don't think those are particularly rare or coveted pieces, at least the ones that have been sitting at 10000 yen for weeks.
>>
>>8696958
You are just incredibly lucky.
Pls get me one of those deals.
>>
>>8696979
There's an Apollina OP that's been at 12000 for weeks, too. Idk, I've just seen even more popular dresses go for 12000-14000 yen.
>>
>>8695634

My bust is almost 100cm and it fits fine.
>>
Uh, so someone just won my auction on LM. I sent them a message telling them the final price with shipping, and they responded with they thought they were just bidding and that they don't have money for it. I did tell them thanks for buying my dress which I guess confused them into thinking they bought it instead of placed a bid on an auction, but why even bid to begin with if you don't have the money? I told them I can wait for a payment, but they haven't responded back.
>>
>>8697010
wtf anon, name and shame that shit.
>>
>>8696954
>>8696984

It's been like that for at least six months now. On the one hand, there seems to be more girls wearing (for eg) IW and more hype surrounding IW releases than MM releases.

On the other hand, quite a lot of the dresses on auction are actually older, like 3 years old or more, so I'm not sure if the lower prices are simply because of the dress' age. The newer MM dresses have a bad rep, some girls complained that the quality on them is lower (I'm not clear on the details how though), so it's either an older worn dress or a newer lower quality dress, terrible choice that doesn't exactly make one throw money at the dresses.
>>
>>8697033
Mm, that makes sense. I hadn't heard about recent quality issues. Do you think MM is on the way out? It seems like there were issues with their recent re-releases and I don't know the last time they had a new release.

I personally don't mind older pieces, so I'll happily buy them.
>>
>>8696409
Umm you weren't with me the whole day? I never said it was during the meetup, I just said it happened that day while in lolita. No, during the actual meetup we didnt have a lot of interaction with normies, and the few we did, they were very nice and respectful, which was really cool, but that meetup was only a few short hours out of my day.
>>
I sold a dress on Lacemarket recently, got a tracking number when I mailed it out. Apparently the number never updated with the package location, and even tho it was supposed to be 2-day shipping, it still hasn’t made it one state away. Apparently the post office can’t do anything and there’s like, a policy to wait 21 days for lost mail to make it to its destination.

But as the seller I feel like it’s out of my hands now. I know a lot of people just won’t deal w/ it after it’s gone. I’ve tried to figure it out w/ usps but to no avail. Is there anything else I can do at this point? Do I give a refund if it never makes it?
>>
>>8697010
>>8697017
Agreed. There's no excuse for bidding on an item that you don't have money for/don't intend to buy.
>>
>>8697146
With paypal normally the seller is liable. Unfortunately. But if it does not show up after 21 days begin to pound on doors to get insurance refunded to you.
>>
>>8697065

It's never been a particularly big brand, a lot of their dresses don't have shirring, the OPs don't have any way to adjust for different bodies, and they don't do sizes. So right from the get-go it's a brand that only fits a smaller group of girls. I think this used to contribute to their popularity/covetousness, having an MM dress meant that not only was it a beautiful dress and you had good taste, you were one of the select few who could fit into the dress and fill it out perfectly. But the more girls got into the fashion, most of them started gravitating towards brands that can fit them instead of pining over a brand that never can. (which is the right way things should be, but it does explain how MM can go from being highly coveted because it conveys an image of the perfect lolita body to whoever can wear it, to an image of a dress that only hangs in the closet and can never be worn).

The rest, it's mostly like you said, they seem to be down to a handful of releases for the entire year, and even that is mostly re-releases rather than new designs. I guess it's not as interesting as following a brand that does more frequent new designs. Plus with the re-releases most of the girls who had an MM dream dress probably managed to get one at some point and have moved on.

I wish I had more insight into the brand's workings, but mostly it's just watching them do less and less releases, then hearing about quality issues, and now watching shipping delays with Fleur Antoinette crop up. I'm really hoping they're just overwhelmed with too many orders for Fleur Antoinette, maybe after that one is all shipped out they can get back to designing some new dresses and make a comeback.
>>
>>8697244
Yeah, I'm kind of sad because imo they (besides some VM stuff) have the prettiest classic dresses. I like IW but their nonprint dresses have very little variation in cut/style. MM fits me perfectly and just has such a gorgeous silhouette.

Ah well. I'll just snap up what I can on auction.
>>
>>8697220
Ah, ok. Figures. Maybe some day USPS wont' fuck up.
>>
>>8696415
happened to me, except with being called Dorthy
>>
>>8696658
Interesting. That sounds way better than just a bunch of girls dresses as butlers... I don't see the appeal of that.
>>
Has anyone's Horror Garden stuff shipped yet? Also, how long does it usually take for AP to ship stuff after these types of releases?
>>
>>8696970
I think its just my disdain for Cherubs that makes me hate it. I'm happy though because my bank account is getting a break
>>
>>8696954
WHERE? If it's y!j or mbok those are kind of hard to use and that's maybe why it would be cheaper.
>>
>>8697010
What was it? Is there any way to see who the second place buyer was
>>
>>8697017
>>8697151
Guess I'll have to report them, but I'll feel bad about it because I'm a nice person. I mean they did seem genuinely sorry about it and talked about how badly they wanted the dress, but it's still no excuse to bid on something you don't have money for. I'll wait a little longer to see if they'll answer back, I'm willing to work with them on the payment.

>>8697504
Unfortunately they were the only person who bid, thus they won.
>>
>>8697500
It is, but the prices were still high months ago, plus there was much less MM on the market. It's been just recently that more dresses have popped up secondhand for low prices.
>>
>>8697244
Actually, on the business side of things, it seems as though MM is probably going through a lot of financial issues. Usually in Japan a company doesn't talk about going out of business until it happens (BPN is a good example of that). Them having a lot of quality issues is a troubling sign since I heard BPN did this towards the end too. There might be other issues within the company and one of them being someone who can sew MM pieces properly, hence a serious lack of releases.
>>
>>8697500
It was y!j, but it's not like there aren't japanese lolitas who buy MM too. It was up for 4 days at that price, ended with no bids, and I bought it once it was relisted.

>>8697548
Ugh, hopefully they don't. Do you think that'd make auctions more expensive? I'll be really sad if they go out of business.
>>
No one answered my question in the last thread so I'm copy-pasting and trying again
>>8694611
Is there a list of kawaii ambassadors by country somewhere? I can't remember who they are and Google isn't pulling anything up
>>
FJ just sent me a package in this dual thick corrugated cardboard box and it was ridiculously heavy, what the fuck?
>>
>>8697483
Mine just sent out from AP on Monday.
>>
>>8697244
>It's never been a particularly big brand, a lot of their dresses don't have shirring, the OPs don't have any way to adjust for different bodies, and they don't do sizes. So right from the get-go it's a brand that only fits a smaller group of girls. I think this used to contribute to their popularity/covetousness, having an MM dress meant that not only was it a beautiful dress and you had good taste, you were one of the select few who could fit into the dress and fill it out perfectly. But the more girls got into the fashion, most of them started gravitating towards brands that can fit them instead of pining over a brand that never can. (which is the right way things should be, but it does explain how MM can go from being highly coveted because it conveys an image of the perfect lolita body to whoever can wear it, to an image of a dress that only hangs in the closet and can never be worn).

No matter how it is "supposed" to be, MM would do a lot better if they began to go the route of AP by releasing some dresses that would fit larger sizes. They would be doing themselves a lot of favors, whereas the exclusivity is failing them after all these years.
>>
>>8697777
There's a list of them on the official tumblr page http://kawaiiambassadors.tumblr.com/tagged/ambassadors
>>
>>8697996
This list is not up-to-date, as it still includes Cadney and Arthael (who have both resigned in wake of the Anime Matsuri drama).
>>
>>8697525
don't do a payment plan with sombody who already proved to be unreliable. That person bid on a dress they can't pay, do you really think they will be able to do a payment plan in a timely appropriate manner? I don't.
>>
>>8697989
It's not even that the sizing is small, it's that it's all over the place. The cut required a large cup size but small waist and the arm holes tend to be tiny. So it can be easy to fit the last two if you're thin but not the first. This used to happen to people like Herajika. People who fill out the cup tend to not fit the arms/waists and the fabric has pretty much no give and makes some thin girls look fat with the wrinkling on the sides of the torso.

Pic related but the Ekaterina OP is worse (couldn't find the picture I was looking for which is worse in the bust)
>>
File: 3950902142_628abfee2a_o.jpg (611 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
3950902142_628abfee2a_o.jpg
611 KB, 665x1000
>>8698017
Gah, dropped the picture
>>
>>8698020
Oh, yikes. I wanted to buy from MM since it was pretty exclusive and had smaller sizing, but this is not a good look no matter how you weigh it. I guess maybe it could be remedied with padding, but I feel like that shouldn't be a thing you have to do.
>>
File: Annabelle-doll.jpg (36 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
Annabelle-doll.jpg
36 KB, 618x412
I dressed in an old school coord and did cracked doll makeup. I spend the evening sitting out on my porch handing out candy and being eaten alive by mosquitoes. (10 out of 10 mosquitoes agree that I have the tastiest blood on the block)

A bunch of girls loved my makeup, and I was asked only once if I was a maid. A group of little kids asked if I was Annabelle, I had no idea who that was at the time

o-oh...
>>
>>8697989
T b h I think it is a problem with design replicas. I think we should start shaming people who wear mm replicas. Sure it's legal. But if you put a great brand with amazing quality out of business, is it worth saving a little bit of money
>>
dang, I always feel like this time of the year is so great for secondhand sales. in the past couple of weeks I've seen so much shit that I want, either random things I see that I like or things that are on my wishlist. in the first half of the year I feel like I never see anything I like in sales but when the fall and winter comes, bam. this happen to anyone else? I often find I really enjoy more of the brand releases this time of year, too.
>>
>>8698020
Hey isn't this a common dress pattern? If MM is gonna be insistent on making small dresses that don't even properly fit small girls, then we should make ones that do. I want to get back into sewing, and I love how their dresses look but I'll never fit into one. (Inb4 lose weight)
>>
>>8698034
kek
>>
>>8697010
>they thought they were just bidding and they don't have the money
aka
>they bid on it impulsively even though they don't have the cash cause they thought someone else would win out on them

she didn't plan to buy it in the first place, anon, don't kid yourself.
>>
File: tumblr_n5la08WdXg1sg7xo9o1_1280.jpg (423 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5la08WdXg1sg7xo9o1_1280.jpg
423 KB, 599x900
>>8698020
She looks like a hungry skeleton if you cover the head. So it's not all that surprising it doesn't fit her. I've seen a lot of slender, not malnourished girls, who fit MM just fine.
>>
>>8697010
>and they responded with they thought they were just bidding and that they don't have money for it

I'm really confused by this. What did they think bidding was? What does "just bidding, don't have the money for it" even mean? Why would you just...bid on something knowingly with no money? like wtf. is she underage or just really this fucking stupid?
>>
>>8698148
might have been trying to drive the price up to fuck with other people.
>>
>>8698014
>>8698111
>>8698148
It's so weird because she has five stars from three sellers on her LM account. Originally I thought maybe she was an idiot or just some underage person that had seen my fb post and didn't know how LM worked. I don't know what her problem is.
>>
>>8695873
That sounds terrifying. I'd be pissed off with that sort of false advertising.

>>8695898
I had no idea this was a thing but I'm creeped out.
>>
>>8697996
I already checked that, but its outdated and hard to navigate
>>
>>8696421
I've only been Little Bo Peep'd once but I've been Alice'd four or five times.
>>
>>8698193
>>8696543
>>8696482
>>8696457
>>8696421
I am now interested in which regions/countries/cities these two are more commonly heard from randoms on the street.
>>
>>8698199
I'm >>8698193 and I'm based in northern UK. I get Alice comparisons constantly at cons...it's probably more than five times actually, but I was only counting the times it had happened in the street.
>>
>>8698017
I actually found Ekaterina better personally because it has corset lacing, not just waist ties...
>>
>>8697129
>not just directed at me, but our whole group
>but it wasn't during the meetup, anon!

Kay.
>>
>>8698119
She's got that sideways rippling on the bodice that makes it look too small and is unflattering (even though she's thin). MM just isn't very flattering on most people.
>>
>>8696691
I've also heard that dryclean causes screenprints to melt... So how the hell are you supposed to launder screenprints?

>>8696954
I find their designs terribly boring. For simple but elegant classic I much prefer VM. MM always felt a bit outdated (perhaps midschool would be the proper description?) in taste vs the other classic brands, since they don't really come out with much new stuff, and I don't think that look is very popular nowadays.

>>8697898
Did you ask for extra secure packing?
>>
>>8696691
What are you on, you are supposed to wash screen prints with water. Drycleaning melts them.
>>
Does anyone know the usual give on measurements in AP jsks?
Like if my bust is 2 cm over and my waist is 3 cm over will i look like I'm bursting out or could it potentially be fine?
>>
>>8698357
It depends on the dress. Jesus.
>>
>>8698357
>>8698360
I probably should've mentioned, the wonder cookie jsk
>>
>>8698036
most of the people buying design replicas would never fit MM sizing, though. doesn't justify a replica but in this case MM isn't gonna get any money either way.
>>
>>8698285
I hung out with people in lolita before the meetup. I hung out with people in lolita after the meetup. Shocker i know.
>>
>>8698304
I have AP's mermaid symphony and end up feeling the need to wash it more often than my other dresses because it's an OP, I put it inside out in a garment bag on the most delicate laundry cycle, hang dry. No damage yet, and I'm the 2nd owner and have washed it multiple times that way.
>>
>>8698162
Just sounds like someone who wanted to bid and then had second thoughts when she won the item

Fucking idiot
>>
>>8698365
>>8698365

So you are a couple cm over Bust: 88cm,
Waist: 69cm? You are totally fine. That's with the shirring unstretched.
>>
LACE is closing. Announcement was made on the Facebook page.
>>
File: Bye felicia.jpg (104 KB, 483x594) Image search: [Google]
Bye felicia.jpg
104 KB, 483x594
THE EVIL IS GONE.
>>
>>8698445
Here's the tl;dr for everyone: "people are being critical of my actions and behavior and I can't handle this, so I'm going to pretend it's because everyone is awful instead."
>>
>>8698445
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8698020
I also own this dress and I find it very flattering without padding. I also don't agave a radical waist/bust difference.
>>
>>8698445
It's always the most stubborn people who are the most resistant to change. They complain about the "lack of change" around them because they don't want to consider the idea that their problems are internal.
>>
>>8698445
idgaf about any of this, all I care about is what's going to happen to that poor fucking cat she bought on fucking impulse
>>
>>8698445
I thought being a part of the lolita community was the only think stopping Kate from killing herself?
>>
>>8698445
>selfposts to cgl and insults herself
>"I don't know why I'm always the center of bullying"
>>
Does anyone have any pics of plus size lolitas in baggy OPs? I'm eyeing this by Elegy (not sure velvet or non velvet). I'm tall but bit busty at 115cm. Curious to know what this would look like on a plus size lolita.
>>
>>8698428
Thanks anon! I was unsure since I'm pretty new to measurements and stuff
>>
File: 1446092999493.jpg (584 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1446092999493.jpg
584 KB, 3840x2160
>>8698445
LACE BTFO
A
C
E

B
T
F
O
>>
File: areyoufuckingkiddingme.png (37 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
areyoufuckingkiddingme.png
37 KB, 250x352
>>8698445
>>
>>8698445
kind of a "fuck you" to whatever her home comm is.
>>
>>8698503
was there drama going on there?
>>
>>8698503
That's sad i thought she was well liked by her home comm though?
>>
>>8698503
Pennsylvania, right?
>>
>http://girlyhoot.tumblr.com/post/132451371758/please-read-my-most-recent-post-on-my-blog
F5F5F5F5
>>
>>8698504
probably not. i don't think its a very drama famous comm.

>>8698505
Yeah thats why its even worse imo. They like her and she goes ahead and groups them in with the "horrible, terrible, scary western lolita community" as a whole
>>
>>8698512
god bless carly
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-02-22-15-43.png (699 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-02-22-15-43.png
699 KB, 1080x1920
>>8698445
This was her response to Supercarly64 on Tumblr regarding that poor kitten that will probably die on her flight home.
>>
>>8698512
desu it's a fitting gif
>>
>>8698518
what the fuck why is it filtering 't' 'b' 'h' of all things
>>
>>8698515
my heart can't take all of this drama at once.
>>
>>8698445
Has she seen 2chan at all? Japanese lolitas are at least as bad as western ones, if not worse.
>>
>>8698515
>acting like kate would intentionally kill a kitten
i hate her too but come on now, she's likely gotten the point by now just from the backlash
and it's not like people never ever travel by plane with persian kittens, there are precautions people can take
>>
>>8698520
Because it's overused.
>>
>>8698503
>>8698509
Pittsburgh iirc
>>
>>8698515
adding to >>8698524 that returning the kitten and causing it to be put to sleep would be even worse imo but that's just me
>>
>>8698525
lots of things are overused, no fucking point in filtering them
>>
>>8698524
Duscarding the fact that it is a very young kitten.
>>8698527
Discarding the fact girlytoot could probably find the kitten a new home in Japan instead of taking it on the plane.
>>
>>8698526
yep. wonder how her comm feels about this
>>
File: JFxPPvI.gif (1 MB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
JFxPPvI.gif
1 MB, 352x264
>all this drama over LACE
>I don't even lolita
>mfw
>>
>>8698534
kek
>>
>>8698528
Okay, it's overused to the point where people insert it unnecessarily, similar to "like" - it's become a verbal tic. Also, making it into desu is funny. Why so mad?
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 425x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 425x450
>>8698528
>>
>>8698503
>>8698526
>>8698533
It's just insulting the PGH Comm as a whole. She's giving them a big 'fuck you' and airing dirty laundry in public. What are you 5?

When I left my Comm for personal reasons, I only talked to a few of my friends in private about the matter. I still communicate with them from time to time, but I no longer attend meetups.
>>
>>8698523
Has anyone ever translated recent 2ch threads? Which there was a Japanese Gossip anon that could do this for us. I'd love to see what they say.

Also, Kate is so fucking weird. She is yet another gaijin running to the motherland and abandoning her past. As everyone said, it's not like there's not their own drama there.
>>
>>8698555
>Has anyone ever translated recent 2ch threads? Which there was a Japanese Gossip anon that could do this for us. I'd love to see what they say.

yes please can we have a JapaneseGossip I would love to hear what they have to say.
>>
Someone on farm said that some Japanese lolitas are referring >>8698445 as "the horse face girl who dresses terribly while trying to get noticed in Japan."

Can anyone go on to the japanese anon boards to translate for these things and confirm this?
>>
>>8698523
If her Japanese skills were half as good as she keeps bragging they are, no one would have to translate them for her. But you know, Kate will be Kate.
>>
File: 120px-The_evil_is_defeated.gif (300 KB, 120x112) Image search: [Google]
120px-The_evil_is_defeated.gif
300 KB, 120x112
>>8698445
>>
>>8698561
Yeah, there's simply no way, if anything she's too stupid to figure it out because it's way more insidious face to face. Of course they're going to be polite to her.
>>
>>8698520
it reached meme status on other boards thanks to /int/ tbqfhwy (to be quite fucking honest with you) senpai
>>
>>8698555
>>8698559
>>8698560
if you guys link me the thread i can translate it, cbf to sift through everything myself on mobile.

if ya'll serious, i'll drop an email you can send stuff to. also, is she staying in japan or something? disgusting.
>>
>>8698565
what is this, a gif for 蟻?
>>
>>8698445
i can't believe how pretentious this shit is, she really does live in such a bubble if she honestly thinks that the japanese community would have no drama. there is drama literally everywhere you go, she needs to pull her head out of her arse and start acting like an adult.
>>
>>8698569
>also, is she staying in japan or something? disgusting.
i know right, how dare someone stay in japan? how dare they??
>>
>>8698555
>They're so nice and accepting of me after I spend tens of thousands of yen at their stores!
>Japanese lolitas are definitely not pretending to be nice to my face since I'm a gaijin.
>Nope, no drama here!

Yeah ok, Kate.

>Also, sorry >>8698567 anon, I messed up the post the first time
>>
>>8698524
you do realize if the flight is longer than 12 hrs you basically need to sign the animal's life away.
>>
>>8698445
You know, Kate is actually pretty much the lolita community turned into one person. Even this flouncing she's doing just reaffirms it in my mind.
>>
>>8698575
I think that anon means as in staying in japan for a undetermined time etc ?

I'm surprised how her comm will react to her coming back and acting like nothing happened.

>>8698567
Exactly, hell, it happens in most south east asian countries. Lots of smiles and ohh you're so cute, but my god, do we hold a grudge and squirrel away information to bitch about to others. It's a mask we put on at social outings, then take it off amongst family and close friends.

And the whole of East community = japan--really? Has she even met the chinese lolitas? Where's Chinese Gossip when you need her? We know how to hide our drama within private chats, whereas westerners like to air it out. I swear to god, white girls. She sounds exactly like a weeb on their first japan trip--omg so clean! everyone so polite! and can't see the shit right under her nose.
>>
>>8698580
This is so saddening.
>>
>>8698575
that's not the issue, it's how she's clearly just trying to run away to glorious motherland and hating on baka gaijins for being bullies. if she were not such an attention whoring nutjob, i could care less if she moved and stayed there.
>>
>>8698603
>She sounds exactly like a weeb on their first japan trip--omg so clean! everyone so polite! and can't see the shit right under her nose.

Well fucking duh, she bought a cat. It's not just any cat mind you it's a kawaii nipponese koneko-desu. Much better than gross baka gaijin cats in murrica! Fucking obviously she things Japan is 100% # 1~
>>
so here's a serious question for you guys
if kate decided to stay in japan, would you finally shut up about her cat?
>shutting up about kate would be nice too, but that'll never happen
>>
>>8698609
let's not forget how this cat was like $1200 lol. cats are lolita guise, i'm so OTT i have a matching cat for each coord!

i don't even care about her antics, but i genuinely worry about this small helpless animal. on top of a long and frightening flight, i think pets are detained in customs for 3 months before you can bring them into a new country (i had to look this up for my own pet).
>>
>>8698615
But she has her husband back home so I doubt she will stay.
>>
>>8698615
i hope so tbqh
>>
>>8698609
Kek, she needs to find herself a nippon husbando like venus. Nippon husbands 100% better with her nippon neko!! I bet she talks to the cat in japanese to 'maintain it's culture', keeping it close to it's roots.
>>
>>8698615
okay kate, inb4 "i'm not kate" i'm only going to say this once. people are dumb, there are dumb bitches who are going to just be dumb bitches. they'll do it forever, they'll be selfish, pretentious, impulsive and just plain stupid forever. and no one will care. you know why? because they won't plaster it out on the internet, try to make people care. it will be on private pages, shared with family and friends, locked away forever in a dozen odd people's memory. but you don't do that, you put yourself out, tried to get attention, forced it even, and now you complain that you're getting it, cause it's not the attention you sought, it's not how you wanted, it's mean, it's ~bullying~ because you're a dumb bitch, and you put your shit out there and now you can't hid it, not from everyone else and not from yourself.

no one's ever going to shut up about your cat, no one's ever going to shut up about you, because you won't shut up about you.

good riddance.
>>
>>8698615
(there's still the fact that she impulsively supported the disgusting japanese pet shop industry RRRREEEEEEEEE)

But yeah, the thing would be out of harm's way. Until she gets bored with it.
>>
>>8698445
I won't even get into the pretentiousness and naivety of this post... Let's just see how long this lasts.
>>
>>8698622
what do you mean
>>
>>8698615
Someone suggested that in the lolcow thread, that she was going to stay there to 'teach' english' for a year. She might be going for a month to find an apartment, secure a job etc. Then fly back, wait for her working visa to go through and stay in Japan for a year.
>>
>>8698603
Here~ Kate is so delusional. I seriously think she has psychological issues.

>look at me guys I'm a real model for apartments on craigslist totally not a famewhore
selfposts on 4chan
>boohoo people are so mean to me why are you so obsessed with me
starts drama and controversial drama group about herself
>look at this super deep documentary about my pussy-length dresses and inability to apply foundation now give me 2000 dollars
oh whoops totally didn't like it, it was all the director's idea

Also I find buying breed animals absolutely disgusting. Especially cats. I hate people who treat pets and animals like toys or ornaments. Bitch needs to be slapped. I will go adopt a cat this weekend in solidarity (to add to my growing collection of rescues).

Honestly does she really think just because a few shopgirls were nice to her, and maybe a couple schoolgirls ran up and said "kawaii!" and took some selfies, that Japanese lolitas are 'lovelies11!!1!"? She is hideous by Asian beauty standards, and they're all gossiping and laughing about you right under your nose. It's more like "look at the huge horse-faced gaijin with gorilla shoulders in this weird get-up". Taylor R or Dakota are much more in-line with regular Japanese aesthetics and even they have a hard time breaking into mainstream popularity.
>>
>>8698630
Haenuli just announced a re-release for this print, in chiffon. For those of us who would like to discuss something other than that poor kitten.
>>
>>8698630
I think they meant to say its a "renewal release" coming soon
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>8698632
>>
>>8698635
you forgot the part about how she constantly bawws about the state of the western community when everything she 'hates' the most is everything she's ever done to elevate herself.
>>
>>8698638
Figured this was coming, given that she showed it at Rufflecon and there was a new OP cut.
>>
>>8698632
In the end though it's just a year, after that year is up something will have to be done about the cat. We all know from Venus how hard it is to get that green card, so it's not like she can stay there forever. Also, what the hell is going to happen with her husband if she does decide to stay? I can't imagine him up and leaving his job.
>>
The mentality is the problem here, not the action itself. She obviously has no ethics regarding treatment of animals, and no awareness of the horrific nature of the pet industry. Even if she stayed in Japan for 12 years until the cat's lifespan was over, it's just a band-aid on a deeper problem. Even if she flies her cat first class on 2 hour flights over the course of a week back to the US, it won't be because she cares about animals. It'll be because bad people on the internet gave her shit. I would never even consider buying an animal in a pet shop, or a 'pure bred' anything. An ethical person would go directly to an animal shelter, or a reputable breeder. She's treating the kitten like just another kawaii accessory, and that mentality will never change whether she chooses to stick it on a plane or not.

>>8698641
>why is everyone always talking about me and forming cliques it's so negative boohoo
self-posts hate on cgl, sucks all the efame lolita dicks, constantly flies to visit comms like she's Misako or some shit, drama panders all day.
>>
>>8698622
Prepare yourself for an influx of shitty fawn makeup.
>>
>>8698652
it's already here. where have you been?
>>
>>8698635
>Also I find buying breed animals absolutely disgusting.
no offense but would you rather let them die/be put down? because damn, breed animals need love too
>>
>>8698653
It's died down at least somewhat though, I'm just preparing myself for it to come back full force. I was hoping the trend would be able to end for good, but I guess the ride never ends.
>>
>>8698656
it's actually better to adopt them. i think that's what she was getting at.
>>
>>8698645
She'll just probably toss the cat out, have some sob story about it 'escaping' into the night lol

She can apply for a working visa I suppose, if she goes down the road as a english teacher.

I doubt her husband has any say in this. He'll just have to cough up 200 bucks to skype her
>>
>>8698659
but then what about the ones that can't be adopted and may be living in poor conditions? genuinely curious here
>>
>>8698660
>She'll just probably toss the cat out, have some sob story about it 'escaping' into the night lol
i don't think even kate would be that terrible.
>>
>>8698656
It's a case of losing the battle but winning the war. I would adopt a pure-bred dog at a rescue center, but I'd never pay money to a puppy farm because it just fuels the industry.

>>8698659
Yea this. Adoption is ok because it gives money to the rescue centers.
>>
>>8698661
And they aren't already suffering from the terrible genetic diseases many of these purebred dogs have and pass down?
>>
>>8698635
>CG is a rescue cat lady
>the hero that cgl needs
>>
>>8698674
i don't think she'd do that either.
>>
>>8698661
The point is, if more people adopted from shelters and humane societies, it's less money for unethical breeders and would discourage the practice more as a whole. There's nothing wrong with owning the animal itself, it's where you get it and where the money goes to which is the problem.
>>
>>8698674
>>8698675
Personally I don't think she'll say another word about the cat. So if it dies or anything, we'll probably never know and she'll probably never respond to any questions that's ever asked about the cat. Of course that's what a normal person would do under these circumstances, so maybe I'm giving her too much credit here.
>>
>>8698675
Well it's not like she'd ever admit do being wrong.

Also, does anyone know if MM is still going to rerelease any of the things they were planning, or is that all going down the drain? I want my Perfume Bottle, damnit!
>>
>>8698660
Wait why would he have to pay 200 though? Couldn't he just video chat her for free?
>>
>>8698689
i totally missed this shit show what the fuck
>>
>>8698445
It's 3am and I should be sleeping buy goddamn all this drama is delicious
>>
File: captcha.jpg (57 KB, 390x512) Image search: [Google]
captcha.jpg
57 KB, 390x512
>>
>>8698445
>removal of myself from the Western lolita community
>I will continue to post on my own social media accounts
???
>>
>>8698635
>fellow catlady
Let's be honest anon you were already planning on getting another cat.

As someone who works with shelter cats, this is about par for the course for shitty entitled pet owners. Ill always laugh at people who talk about "ethical breeders". Be glad WW2 put a stop to " ethical" breeding of humans or mentally deficient people like Kate would have found their DNA kept out of the gene pool generations ago.
>>
>>8698698
It's a method other lolcows commonly use
Basically, by not posting on the public lolita comms or going to events/meets, you limit your interaction with only your most rabid fans that will do nothing but praise and suck up to you, ensuring that you don't need to ever come to terms with reality or criticism.
>>
>>8698703
>Be glad WW2 put a stop to " ethical" breeding of humans or mentally deficient people like Kate would have found their DNA kept out of the gene pool generations ago.
anon.
>>
>>8698569
I'm gonna need you to post your own thread here based on Japanese lolita gossip whenever you can, thanks in advance, based anon.
>>
>>8698457
Even if she's staying in Japan for a year (rumored? has this been confirmed?) it would still be dangerous for the cat to fly.
And isn't she a "guest" for some upcoming con? What's she going to do with the cat while she flies back? Will she just lock it in her Nihon bathroom for a week?
>>
>>8698717
Why the fuck is anyone trusting lolcow as a source for the length of her stay when it literally says "IN TOYKO FROM OCT 6 TO NOV 20" on her instagram
>>
>>8698685
Same! I want perfume bottle, and i could use the money for a bew car...i cant keep this money waiting in limbo forever!
>>
>>8698445
good riddance
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.