[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita in Japan During the Holidays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1385885445578.jpg (94 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1385885445578.jpg
94 KB, 500x331
I started working for a company a couple of months ago (I won't reveal the company due to privacy). Due to family commitments by my co-workers, I was asked to go on an important business trip for the company. I'll be in Japan from December 20th-January 5th with work from the 22nd-28th. I know the time I'm there, there will be huge sales. Has anyone experienced this before? I'll also be wearing lolita too and I hope to see some lolitas. Any places with a lolita atmosphere I should go to in Tokyo?
>>
>>8694928
I hope you have a decent place to stay during new year's.
>>
>>8694928
You could visit cafes like Swallowtail or the Vampire Cafe. Also Tokyo is really into Christmas lights (though they call it "illumination") so if you have a decent camera you can take some great pics.
>>
>>8694928
There's the big fukubukuro sales on New Year's, other than that you're missing the majority of sales (second week of january for general sales, and then Laforet Grand Bazaar end of Jan). Grand Bazaar is absolutely nuts, a lolita literally grabbed a blouse out of my hand while I was still looking at it at Baby! Everyone's shouting the whole day. Worth it though!
>>
>>8694928
just FYI, make sure you check if things will be open. right around the new year a lot of places are closed so people can spend time with their families. between xmas and new year's stuff should be open though.
>>
Can we post general japan shopping questions here? I really liked the info in the previous threads too. Would like to hear shopping tips from places outside of tokyo (yokohama/kyoto etc)
>>
>>8696189
If so does anyone know any good stores for spooky/creepy fashion? Kawaii cute? I'm going in november and besides fashion am looking for supernatural stuff.
>>
>>8694928
I'll be there around the same time period (Dec 27-Jan 14) and am wondering a lot of the same things, because I've never been to Japan before. From lots of Googling, Laforet has fukubukuro on Jan 1, and other most other major stores appear to open on Jan 2? Smaller ones are closed until Jan 4.
>>
>>8696216
A lot of stores especially groceries stores and often restaurants are closed jan 1-3 or 2-4 depending. Im sure most places in the center won't be though. I lived an hour from central Tokyo and only konbini was open. Try really hard to avoid Meiji shrine on NYE and NY day. Up to a million(?) people visit in the first few days of the new year. When you do visit Meiji shrine look at the pillars to see all the dings from coins being tossed on New Years from far away. I'd go to another shrine just to see the Craziness and festival booths/street food On the first or so.
>>
>>8696201
>Kawaii cute
Are you for real
>>
>>8696649
Kawaii is how you say cute in Japanese, Anon.
>>
>>8696674
No shit. Anon's point was they said cute twice in a row and it didn't make sense.
>>
>>8696674
Pls senpai enlighten us on the Japanese language more
>>
>>8695050
Not OP but I'm also planning on going to Japan at around the same time, from Dec 25th to Jan 5th. I'm sad to hear that I won't be around for the huge sales, maybe I'll post-pone my trip by a few days to try and catch the second week of January ones.

Anyone know any more about how to navigate the sales, which AP stores have the most leftover stock, and the procedures for the fukubukuro? I'm bringing the hubby as well. I might dress him up in some Aristo or goth. Will AP let him buy as well or only if he's also wearing AP?
>>
>>8696674
What if it was "Kowai cute"? I used to be confused about those words before, I've never heard of those words together but good luck anon and your creepy kei endeavors.
>>
>>8696201
Man you missed the boat then. There's heaps of Halloween special stuff because it's a dress up holiday, but I imagine it'll be all gone by then

>>8694928
Milky Way Cafe is pretty cute. Honestly apart from the obvious places like Harajuku it's going to be more about themed cafes than anything else.
>>
Not actually lolita, but stores like Axes Femme have specials on Jan 1st where you can buy a trunk for ~120$ that contains a bunch of actually good clothes far exceeding that value. I went to one with my exgf back when I studied abroad. Other stores have similar promotions, so see if you can find out online.

Laforet Grand Bazaar is also insane, there are lolita things in there, but like other people said, shits gonna be crazy. Worth going, though. Look up the stores inside ahead of time and make a beeline for your top priorities. Mild shoving is OK, use your gaijin bubble as much as possible.
>>
>>8696730
If I were you I'd avoid the Harajuku branch of AP and try the Shinjuku location instead. Fukubukuro season at Laforet is intense, and in my experience the Shinjuku location tends to be less hectic.
>>
>>8696948
Forgot to say that these sales are like Black Friday in America; expect to take the first train there and wait in line for a while.
>>
>>8696751
Yeah that's what I meant. Typing is hard, whoops.

>>8696784
Yeah I figured but there's got to be some spooky stuff year round. Like that ghost bar.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.