[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COORD HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104
File: coord help.jpg (38 KB, 389x412) Image search: [Google]
coord help.jpg
38 KB, 389x412
old one is over 310

Which blouse should I buy? or should i buy a much simpler white cotton stand collar blouse? the pink one i am considering in the ivory colorway. i have the set with the otk's in the stock photo
>>
>>8689365
The white one would look better with that JSK.
>>
>>8689365
I think the full sleeve white blouse will look best perhaps you could remove the bow and add a jabot or smaller bow.
>>
File: 1445994021040s1.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1445994021040s1.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
I posted in the last thread and got one reply was hoping for a little bit more feedback.

I also own a blackxblack BTSSB heart bag.
I'd really appreciate some advice on what shoes and bags to use.

Thank you.
>>
>>8689378
we can't help you with this picture for ants
>>
File: coordhelp.jpg (543 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
coordhelp.jpg
543 KB, 2400x2400
>>8689388
Sorry anon I've uploaded it again.
>>
>>8689390
I don't care for the rhs or the bunny bag in this outfit but the other shoes look good
>>
>>8689390
My vote goes for the platform mary janes with either the Usakumya bag or the black heart bag you mentioned. That OP is beautiful, anon.
>>
>>8689365
It looks like cheap cardboard. Just get a secondhand brand one.
>>
File: 12341234678.jpg (269 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
12341234678.jpg
269 KB, 500x600
I just got Sugar Dream Dome JSK in Lavender (well, just bought), and I need a pair of tights to go with it, but I'm not sure what'll match it. I have a white pair of shoes, so I was thinking something lavender/white. Any help?
>>
File: salonv2.jpg (145 KB, 739x555) Image search: [Google]
salonv2.jpg
145 KB, 739x555
>>8689560
Not sure if they exist, but maybe white tights with gold snow flakes?

I would like some help with this. I need to put together an OTT outfit and I figured I would just rehash an older coord. I plan on swapping out the tights for the matching ones and trying out a new wig, but is there anything else I can add? I don't have an overskirt that I can use, but I was thinking of adding some pink fabric.

Not sure if I really need a lace fan, but suggestions for accessories would be appreciated.
>>
>>>8647884
Link to the last thread OP

>>8689390
I replied at the end of the last thread but I think it was autosaging by then.
>>
>>8689611
I think a bonnet of some sort would serve this level of OTT well. You could add the hair accessory to it easily. perhaps even that and your old one on either side.
>>
>>8689611
They don't exist, believe me, I've looked for my own coord.
>>
File: 20150802_7153f6.jpg (65 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
20150802_7153f6.jpg
65 KB, 425x640
>>8689560
>>8689611
>>8689693
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/twinkle-snow-crystal-tights-2014
>>
File: coord2together.jpg (113 KB, 586x1348) Image search: [Google]
coord2together.jpg
113 KB, 586x1348
My first winter co-ord; is it on track or am I heading towards itaville?
>>
>>8689717
If you're pretty this is going to be a succes
>>
>>8689717
Need to add gold bell accessory to head and possibly shoestraps so you jingle while you walk. You can find those anywhere!
>>
>>8689717
Too many not matching shades of sax. Get rid of the tacky ass bag and the stockings. The shoes are gross but that's more the shoddy quality and plastic knock-offyness. Maybe incorporate the colour of your wig with your shoes and bag. Is the deer charm silver? Would look 10x better if gold to match the colouring in general plus the gold buttons.
>>
any concrit?
>>
>>8689834
Feels lacking with yellow/blue up top. Maybe an easy egg kind of accessory?
>>
>>8689834
If you go with the candy bag I'd add a purple bolero up top,for a star bag a yellow or pink one. Also that metallic star clip doesn't match. Either get the pastel pink one or another accessory.
>>
>>8689794
Well here's hoping i'm cute enough
>>8689798
I'll add 2 little golden bells to each bow, I was already considering it.
>>8689824
The deer charm is going to get a gold coating anyways using handydandy science. What other tights would you recommend? I hate solid white tights, all other sax ones I've found have flowers or other themes that don't match.
>>
>>8689649
Do I wear it in front of the giant bump? I am confused.
>>
File: 1445154305005.jpg (74 KB, 562x960) Image search: [Google]
1445154305005.jpg
74 KB, 562x960
I want to buy this for my wedding but I have no idea how to coord it, I hate how its done in pic related as I dislike all the matching accessories in the series.
>>
>>8689474
>>8689476
>>8689625
Thank you for the suggestions everyone I really appreciate it, I think I will go with my Mary jane platforms and am leaning towards the black heart bag but will decide on the day.

>>8689625
It's amazing that you made your own headdress to match the Meta op you have. I'd love to see photos! I've never tried to make a headdress but it does seem like something that would be nice to learn.
>>
>>8689717
Get rid of the bag and red bow on the blouse
>>
>>8689699
Praise, anon. Now I just need to try and get my paws on them..
>>
>>8689693
My local Halloween store has some.
>>
>>8689717
This is beautiful anon
>>
>>8689947
Yes.
>>
>>8690400
You can see the small red bow accent on the print of the skirt, right?
>>
>>8689717
Sauce in the stockings?
>>
File: 16014003-image.jpg (123 KB, 720x451) Image search: [Google]
16014003-image.jpg
123 KB, 720x451
http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/category/select/cid/318/pid/9273
They are sold out of the one colorway everyone wants; ivory/gold
>>
File: what am i doing.jpg (1 MB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
what am i doing.jpg
1 MB, 1564x1564
Repost from old thread.
Someone told me to nix the shoes so they are no longer on my watchlist - starting to think I fucked up on the tights too? The blue is bugging me.
>>
>>8690894

Are you planning to wear the bolero over the long sleeved blouse? Because I'd nix one if you are planning to do that. Otherwise it'll look very frumpy. I would pick one that's more suitable for the climate. If you really insist on a bolero with the blouse, choose a long sleeved one so you won't have blouse sleeves poking awkwardly out of overstuffed puffy bolero sleeves.

And good call about nixing the shoes. What shoes are you planning to wear with this?

I would also suggest plainer tights or simple white OTKs with good quality lace instead of the tights like above.
>>
>>8690922
Thank you and no I'm not going to wear the bolero like a cape if that's what you mean (I'm really not sure as when I tried it on the sleeves aren't sticking out)? I'm going to wear it over the blouse. The blouse is long sleeved. I was only doing it because I've seen it done in magazines.

Also I don't know what shoes to wear with it now. I really liked those but they don't really match shades. I have some opaque white tights I could wear with it.
>>
File: Pietro_Coord_idgaf_0.jpg (97 KB, 827x743) Image search: [Google]
Pietro_Coord_idgaf_0.jpg
97 KB, 827x743
Reposting from the last thread - -

I'm trying to work out how to coord this colour of IW's Pietro JSK. The problem is the yoke is really ivory/cream toned. Would a bolero be an acceptable option to wearing a blouse underneath?
Also jewellery is just a filler, and the shoes are because I've only just gotten them after lusting after them for a while.
Unfortunately I've come to the sad realization they're much too white, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace them. Con/crit?
>>
>>8689390
What's the name of the dress? I might need it.

And, i prefer heart bag and rocking horses
>>
File: etc poodle jsk.png (2 MB, 1320x800) Image search: [Google]
etc poodle jsk.png
2 MB, 1320x800
So I recently got this ETC Poodle JSK in lavender as a gift. I adore it, and I've been wanting to put together some more otome style coords, but I'm struggling to figure out what colours to use, or what style of shoe etc. It's a seemingly uncommonly high contrast for lolita atm...

Or should I just go with white and get some lavender shoes and accessories?

Any help would be great, especially if you have any coords with similar colours!
>>
>>8691377
I think being head-to-toe complementary colors might be a little overwhelming. I'd go with pink blouse, white tights, lavender shoes, and yellow hairpiece and bag, but I'm sure other people will have different opinions.
>>
File: hair up.jpg (107 KB, 1500x500) Image search: [Google]
hair up.jpg
107 KB, 1500x500
>>8691466
That's a good idea, I have a pink blouse and white tights already - and the lavender shoes would be the most expensive to get so shouldn't be too hard! What do you think in terms of a cardigan? and do you reckon a yellow beret would be too much yellow? I feel like this is a natural hair type of coord, something like pic here with a sort of ponytail and the bow ontop or else hair down/braided or pigtails with a beret
>>
File: mtp.jpg (29 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
mtp.jpg
29 KB, 338x500
So i am looking for a winter capelet for this dress. I found blue velvet one but it was white embroidery (and my jsk is gold). would that be ok, or does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
File: pinkshoes.jpg (18 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
pinkshoes.jpg
18 KB, 236x354
>>8690894
I think nix the bolero or use a long sleeved one, the tights on the left would be okay, but maybe plain/lacy tights or otks would be better. I think maybe some cute heels with a strap would give it a sweet/classic feel? maybe something like this? I think wedge heels are just weird in lolita, and these are very white and very pink whereas your dress looks more soft and dusty looking
>>
>>8691530
By 'these' I meant the ones in your photo!
>>
File: BeFunky Collage.jpg (1017 KB, 3340x2554) Image search: [Google]
BeFunky Collage.jpg
1017 KB, 3340x2554
I posted in the previous thread but am still really lost, thinking about adding a bolero to it? Please once again I am very open to concrit and appreciate you gulls taking the time to help.
>>
>>8691586
that's gorgeous, I definitely think the white blouse and red bolero would be lovely. Don't stick blue in, unless you're going to have blue instead of red in other places, I think the red should be the main accent
>>
>>8691484
I was thinking hair down with a beret would look cute, but hair up could work too. As long as the yellow of the beret works with your hair and skintone, I don't see why not.
>>
>>8691586
I don't like the red top, it's too saturated for a dress that's not so bright and sort of yellow toned. The white blouse will look off with the cream tights, so I think the blue blouse is the best match for that. Definitely a bigger fan of the key and clock tights than the my-lolita-dress tights, but then I usually don't like busy tights with a busy dress.
>>
>>8691586
I'd stick to the blouse on the left (the right one's neckline seems too low for the jsk). The boleros seem like unnecessary editions, especially with the fancy blouse sleeves, plus that red is too bright for the burgundy accents on the jsk and headdress.

The key tights seem a bit too intensely cream for the jsk although it's hard to tell, the others seem like a better option.

The shoes look perfect to me!
>>
File: more blouses.png (416 KB, 1072x1328) Image search: [Google]
more blouses.png
416 KB, 1072x1328
>>8689538
OP here again. Can I get away with a hime sleeve blouse if it is brand? or do you think i would be better off just getting a plain IW shirt like on the right?
>>
File: IMG_1199.jpg (143 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1199.jpg
143 KB, 750x1334
reposting from the last thread. any suggestions for what to add to spice it up a bit?
>>
>>8691603
I would either do a bolero or a blouse, the blue blouse is only a stock photo I would use an ivory one in the same style though. thank you so much I agree and will stick to the red as the main accent. Id be open to suggestions on a better blouse or bolero?
>>
>>8691612
I agree now looking at the red top, but if it was in more of the bordeux colour that IW uses would it work better? The stock photos don't show it, but it's more of a cream colour blouse. It's not very harsh white, and the blue blouse is just a stock photo, I would be using the same style on in ivory. Do you think that would work well? I am very open on blouse or bolero suggestions? I prefer the key and clock design myself as well so I will use those. thank you so much I really appreciate such well thought out advice.
>>
>>8691651
Do you have any suggestions on a blouse that may look better? I would only use a blouse or bolero, which do you think would look better? I agree now with the red not being a great match. Would one in a more Bordeaux color or a more ivory color like IW look better in your opinion? I'm worried the tights may be too cream as well, but I wont know until they get here. I'll keep an eye out and if they are too cream I will use the other ones. Thank you so much for your opinions, I really appreciate the advice.
>>
>>8691727
a pink bag and some mint accesories like rings and necklace would help bring it together..
>>
File: 10011502_560ccc5836775.jpg (258 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
10011502_560ccc5836775.jpg
258 KB, 500x600
Please help me gulls, I am in desperate need of tights, socks and blouses in this color that are actually in stock? brand or offbrand I just need cream colored blouses especially, everything I find is much too harsh of a white or a gross yellow color, this is more of an AP antique white. so things similar.
>>
>>8691530
yeah the dress is very dusty looking. It's hard to find shoes that same shade but I don't want to go with white shoes as I've already got plain white tights to go with it now.
>>
>>8691586
I love the style of the white blouse but im not too sure about the double bow from the dress and the blouse. Both tights look equally nice to me so either would be great. I like the red bolero but maybe in a darker red, closer to the headdress colour?
>>
>>8690954
Im not a fan of white shoes with most outfits and id agree with replacing the shoes to help balance out the colours, perhaps wine? Or brown if you have none. I think the bolero would be fine instead of a blouse but the blouse seems like it suits too, depending on how cream it is?
>>
>>8689717
Source on wig?
>>
How do you gulls fill out the bottom of your ott tea length dresses and not get the underskirt to look like a sad limp mess? My first attempt looked horrendous and I dont know what type of underskirt, petti, overskirt, so on, I need to to get the proper length. I have pic related and an a line petti should I get something more substancial?
>>
>>8692766
Is your petticoat too short? It shouldn't be more than 2", 3" max above the bottom of your underskirt particularly if the skirt is a drapey sort of fabric like chiffon. You may need either a longer petti or to wear it lower on your waist/hips
>>
>>8692766

I have the older version of this:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-9568170971.1.pv6XYq&id=9824954701

Don't use a knee-length petti under a long skirt, that rarely ever works.
>>
>>8692930
i like this alot, are you satisfied with it?
>>
>>8692988

I have at least one dress that's too short for it, I deal with that by folding the waistband down towards the skirt. It is a bit of a pain to keep checking that the waistband hasn't unrolled itself throughout the day. That's probably my biggest gripe with it. Other than that it does the job fine, holds up the Infanta underskirt all right, although it is starting to deflate a little.

I should note that what I have is the original one that they sold circa 2011. I think they're reusing the same stock photos, so it's probably the same, I guess?
>>
>>8690954
Those shoes are adorable but they do look too white to me even just in your collage. Bummer. I think this could be super cute with some brown shoes, either cabriolet like you have posted or even some cute lace up brown heeled oxfords. You could pick up a cute brown bag with gold accents, keep the wine socks, bolero and accessories and have a super cute coord.

I also think the blouse will be really adorable with this JSK, you could always pick that up and experiment with coording the JSK with other colors too.
>>
>>8691377
Are you trying to coord this ETC as lolita or as otome? Because depending on what you want you should do different things.

For an otome coord I'd look into some brown shoes, use yellow in the tights, and get a cardigan in either the pink or yellow from the dress. Do a beret or a hairbow, something more mature looking than an alice bow though, again in pink or yellow. Add accessories until it feels complete, not too many.

For lolita I'd go with the purple shoes, pink or pink and white socks, either the pink or the white blouse, and a cute headbow in purple x yellow. Stick as much petti as you can under the skirt to get poof.

Just some general advice, take a look over at the otome thread >>8658835for ideas on how to coord in a more "otome" way.
>>
>>8692719
You could try picking up maybe some tan or brown shoes, it would make it a more toned down coord but that might work with the dress.
>>
>>8692763
DreamHolic on etsy
>>
File: collage1.png (2 MB, 1153x1000) Image search: [Google]
collage1.png
2 MB, 1153x1000
Would black or brown shoes work better here?
>>
File: il_570xN.859662186_j7c3.jpg (121 KB, 570x665) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.859662186_j7c3.jpg
121 KB, 570x665
I had a coord idea in mind for ILD in about a month or so. I've been looking around at old marching band jackets. I'm a fattychan so currently the majority of the things I'm finding are either fugly or too small, but I did find this. I probably would take off the chunky white braid but other than that, is this cute enough to go with the right coord or is it tacky? (or if it is tacky, is it tacky enough to be cute)
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 960x937) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 960x937
I'm trying to put together some ideas for a twinning coord for a Christmas meetup. I've got the dress in red and my partners getting it in green. I'm wanting some help in the blouse and sock department. I'm not sure if the high collar will look right or if should just go with a collarless blouse. Any other tips are greatly appreciated!!
>>
File: ild coord.png (381 KB, 663x474) Image search: [Google]
ild coord.png
381 KB, 663x474
>>8694763
alright I just said fuck it and decided to make a coord with it anyway. what do you guys think? I'm not sure what I'm doing about legwear, desu since I live in the northern hemisphere and this upcoming ILD will be in the winter I'll probably just wear like, white thermal tights and be a basic bitch. otherwise I'm not too sure what to wear. Alternatively for shoes I have some green granny-esque boots that match the green on the dress, but then I'm not sure if that leaves the red unbalanced or not.

also the medals are arbitrary I just put them up there to fill up blank space mostly lol I did however get the idea to get some old like ww2 pins and medals to pin to the jacket, but I'm not sure if that's gonna be a faux pas? (in which case, I'm crafty and could probably just make some or find fake ones)

again I think on the jacket I'm gonna remove the braid, but if I'm going with a military theme perhaps I'll replace it with like, a gold one?
>>
>>8692763
I didn't want to admit this, I know it might sound really bad. I'm pretty short and have done it before... These are actually footless tights/leggings. I sew the bottom closed to make a toe area and a little semi crescent for a thinner ankle area. sooo.
http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Queen-Womens-Digital-Leggings/dp/B00SATGKRU/
I just thought this morning if I could find sax & white cute little boots with little fuzzy things on the ties I wouldn't have to alter these.
I feel like such a sham.
>>
>>8694980
oops meant to reply to
>>8690710
>>
>>8694929
Wearing actual medals is disgusting, don't do that. Buy ribbon and make ones like baby and AP sometimes have on dresses
>>
>>8694929
Please don't wear real medals

Otherwise, I like it a lot
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
I have pic related and it is a heavy ass skirt. I had on two pretty stiff pettis under it and it looked passable from the front but the sides were soooo flat. I'm a newbie so I'm not familiar with these kinds of things. Could someone recommend some industrial strength pettis?
>>
File: holylanterncoord.jpg (319 KB, 708x568) Image search: [Google]
holylanterncoord.jpg
319 KB, 708x568
Trying to sort out a coord for HL before it gets here, never made a coord collage before! But I'm pretty lost on which bag and which pair of tights to go with, or even if this'll look any good in the first place... help?
>>
>>8695055
Melikestea
>>
>>8694780
I would recommend a low collar blouse so only the sleeves show, the high collar might look and feel stuffy together with the sailor collar.
Also a brown beret. I'm doubting the green accessories, I can't see them match with the dress, the tone is too cold.
>>
>>8694929
I really would suggest against real medals. Otherwise I'm excited to see this, anon! It looks pretty cute.
>>
>>8694929
The reds won't match. Those shoes are an orangey red. I think you can use medals but not real ones that have meaning.
>>
>>8695064
I like the top tights because its closer to the print of the dress and I think the coffin bag has a similar motif on the front.
>>
File: ild coord.png (388 KB, 616x469) Image search: [Google]
ild coord.png
388 KB, 616x469
>>8694998
>>8695030
>>8695466
>>8695492

alright alright i wont wear any haha well at least i'm glad i asked, i honestly didn't know if it was offensive or not. (as daft as that may sound to some of you)

I have no idea what to do for the shoes then if the reds aren't going to match. my calves a little too big for the majority of lolita-specific boots and I found it really difficult to try and find lolita-appropriate boots that were red, and actually in stock anywhere.

my next idea then is to use black boots and go for a nutcracker/toy soldier kind of look but then everything looks unbalanced to me, so I'm not sure. shoe suggestions are appreciated!
>>
>>8694929
I like the idea but I'm getting a really strong marching band/hotel bellboy feel rather than military.

I'd suggest golden music instruments (trumpet, trombone, etc.) pins rather than medals. Medals would look very out of place.
>>
>>8695529
The print lends itself to more of a marching band vibe. The medals don't go and the ribbon colors clash terribly with the color scheme of the skirt/jacket.

The hat is a drum, so I'd try to play that band theme up rather than try to force military.

If your goal was to make a military themed coord, you should start with different main pieces.
>>
>>8695546
I totally understand what you're saying but I'd also just like to point out
>the medals are arbitrary I just put them up there to fill up blank space mostly
it was just to illustrate the idea I had but of course on everyone's suggestion I'm not going to use real medals anymore and would make ones with ribbons that match with the color scheme.

however, I see what you're saying about the band theme. Is there anything else I could do play on that theme? maybe pic related? another idea I got was also to add a sash/echarpe - perhaps I could make one or commission one with a musical theme?
>>
>>8695064
Sauce on tights?
>>
File: custom shako hat 13.jpg (72 KB, 333x411) Image search: [Google]
custom shako hat 13.jpg
72 KB, 333x411
>>8695556
If you're going to go with a band theme, maybe you could add some feathers to the hat? Not like a real band shako and plume, but something inspired by it. Most marching bands use plumes, so.

I'm excited to see this anon. I've been in band for many years so it makes me happy to see cute stuff like this.
>>
>>8694458
Black
>>
File: swan lake.jpg (78 KB, 462x617) Image search: [Google]
swan lake.jpg
78 KB, 462x617
Green was the only colorway I liked and I was planning to use white and gold to make a floaty, ethereal coord but the more I look at this print the more dark and sinister it feels to me. Do any of you think there's hope for a gothic-leaning coord with this colorway? If so, suggestions (especially for color balancing, I am shit with color balancing even on a good day) would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I can come back with a legit collage.
>>
File: pls.jpg (258 KB, 1153x956) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
258 KB, 1153x956
Besides adding a bag and some smaller accessories, what should i add or change?
>>
>>8693051
Thanks that's really helpful! I'll probably end up doing both, but I'm still not super clear on how to make something definitively otome and not just have people think 'failed attempt at lolita'

You've been helpful and I'll look on that thread! Thanks!
>>
>>8695752
I like this a lot, the blouse is way too casual but at least the pinks match.
>>
>>8695752
>>8695778
I don't think the blouse is too casual. It looks like a simple coord for everyday wear and I think the blouse brings a nice relaxed feel to an otherwise elaborate dress. I don't think you need much else for your coord anon, it looks great!
>>
>>8695752
w-what shoes are you wearing friend.
And yeah just some cute wrist accesories and you're set I think :)
>>
>>8695752
>>8695849
Ah yes, i forgot shoes. I think mine are a shade darker.
>>
>>8695639
I don't have any ideas desu but it sounds like it could be interesting. The white lace might be hard to deal with though
>>
>>8695752
I think the white blouse is kind of isloated in such a matchy-matchy outfit. I'd go for either white shoes or white socks or at least a white bag. I'd love to see you add some cute purple pony jewelry!
>>8695529
>mfw also use to be a band kid
I like the red boots with the red jacket, and I'd keep the original braid on it. Anons get so anal, but honestly, with the shadows that are always cast on your feet it's hard to tell that they're not the same. Especially since it's so far away from the thing you're matching it to.
I'd ditch the star bag, and medals and shit (where are you even going to put them?) and the drum hat would only lool cute with a headbow or something else like that. I'd agree on finding/making a mini shako inspired hat, and I love your sash idea! Try getting some cute gold tassels and such.
I was trying to think of some bag ideas and what I came up with:
>accordion bag, cute and timeless
>snare drum bag made of another a round shoulder bag with a snare drum rim and head haphazardly glued to the front
>tambourine bag made out of two tambourines connected by fabric with a zipper and annoys the fuck out of everyone
I'm excited for this coord. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>8696590
why do you keep saying desu though
>>
>>8696646
Wow, I... I swear I meant to type "desu" but my clumsy fingers, phone keyboard, and autocorrect are apparently conspiring against me. You can all rest easy knowing that I'm heading off to cleanse myself with fire.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446452545783.jpg (20 KB, 283x493) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446452545783.jpg
20 KB, 283x493
What kind of boots should I wear with this? Just ordinary black knee high boots with a slight heel?
>>
>>8696646
>>8696679
I would put my hand on a Bible and swear that I'm trying to type "desu." I looked at my second post before I sent it on my phone. I know it said "desu." I am on my computer now. I know that this text box currently says what I mean, and it'd better fucking post what I mean.
>>
>>8696687
Anon, I don't know what's happening but you're not alone. If you try to type the acronym for "2 be honest" (using a 2 instead of to in case the filter also detects the entire phrase) it replaces it with desu.
>>
>>8696687
>>8696690
My iPhone used to do this all the fucking time
>>
>>8696686
Sure. I think it'd be nice if the boots lace up all the way, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 971x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 971x810
>>8696625
I suppose I'll get the boots and see what happens. Will black shoes look okay though in case I need something quickly?

I'm also pretty set on the drum hat. Someone is selling the headbow right now so I could try wearing it with that. I'm worried the shako might make it look more costumey than it already is right now with the jacket haha. What color accordion bag I should get? These ones are on taobao and eBay but there's black and red. I'm thinking black cause in some pics the bag looks dark red (almost brown) while some look brighter, I figure black might be a safer bet? I know AP has a red accordion bag but idk if I will find it in time for ILD. I will have to keep an eye out for other instrument bags too.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone! I've been finding this really helpful.
>>
>>8696679
>thinking it's auto-correct

new to 4chan are we?

this is a helpful thread so i will be helpful.

ur a kek desu senpai baka
r
a

c
u
c
k

s
m
h

t
b
h

f
a
m
>>
>>8697420
got that backwards, it should be:

c
u
c
k

t
b
h

f
a
m

s
m
h

buzzword memes get wordfiltered now and then. once upon a time, "wapanese" got wordfiltered to "weeaboo." if you've ever called yourself weeb trash, thank moot and his blessed wordfilters desu
>>
>>8697420
I've been lurking off and on for six months and never noticed any of these, wow. Now that we've all been enlightened, let's stop cluttering the thread.
>>8695639
I think your original idea works better but if you do manage to do gothic with this I'd like to see it. I'm picturing white accessories with black pearls, maybe feathers since this is a swan lake print.
>>
File: halloweencoord.png (750 KB, 1069x558) Image search: [Google]
halloweencoord.png
750 KB, 1069x558
Alright I need help with coording this color of Halloween Alice. It's a very blue-ish grey color and I'm having problems finding items that look nice together. (I already know I'm not using those shoes)
>>
>>8697526
Wish I could help you but I'm kind of stuck on this print too. Although I think the striped socks with the kind of stripe-ish print are going to be a bit much.

Then again I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. Three colors at once is apparently too much for me to figure out myself.
>actual wrist cuffs were handmade, match the blue perfectly, don't have gold stars
>if long bell sleeves, assume no wrist cuffs
>trying to decide on wig, head piece, legwear, and top(s)
>pls advise pls no bully
>>
>>8696690
Oh it must be a new thing then? I noticed it on a lot of posts. I haven't encountered filters in a while other than seeing candyass in like 2009.
desu desu desu
>>
>>8691527
This the one i found. will it work this the gold?
>>
>>8698477
gold/white aside, honestly the embroidered cape + embroidered dress look like they're going to clash and make the coord too busy (and that's before we even know what else you're coording this with). A plain navy cape would look nice though.
>>
File: derp coord.jpg (564 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
derp coord.jpg
564 KB, 1280x1024
Getting my dream dress soon but just realized i can't coord it for my life. Does not come with a matching headbow but I saw this other Baby chocolate headbow for sale and I'm wondering if it will go? Still looking for headwear suggestions. I have no idea if any of these pinks would even closely match in real life.
>>
>>8699296
Those mufish tights are not going to match, that much is obvious already.
>>
File: 5_27_23.jpg (71 KB, 650x745) Image search: [Google]
5_27_23.jpg
71 KB, 650x745
>>8699298
They look super bright in that pic but in some other ones they look lighter. Yeah I figured it was a huge gamble, so I'm going to keep looking.
>>
>>8699296
The headbow looks like it matches exactly, grab that up while you can.

Not the first anon but even here >>8699302 those tights look way too bright. If you're struggling to match your pinks, you might consider brown or offwhite tights of some kind.
>>
File: coord attempt.jpg (173 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
coord attempt.jpg
173 KB, 600x502
Ivory skirt anon from awhile back. I was wondering if people had suggestions for blouses or accessories to make this not look so boring (my default blouse is white). I was thinking about getting a dusty pink blouse but I was worried that I'd be throwing in too many colors at that point (since then I'd have white from the lace, the ivory, the spots of gold and the brown). Not to mention finding other matching dusty pink accessories is proving to be a challenge.
>>
>>8696690
this happened to me a few days ago
>>
File: PleatRibbonJSK-black.jpg (62 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
PleatRibbonJSK-black.jpg
62 KB, 250x333
Is it possible to make a coord with this jsk using lighter colors? I want to wear an off-white blouse/shoes with it but I am not sure how to balance those colors out.
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1171x911) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1171x911
Trying to coord milky plannet, not sure if I like the lavender or the sax colour-way better so I put together a coord for this one to test the waters
thoughts?
>>
>>8699588
I think if you pull accents from the black into your accessories, it would work great. Perhaps if you bring white in with your bag and do like a straw hat with black ribbon and blue/pink flowers?
>>
>>8694458
Did you just get the red nameless poem on lacemarket? If I had money I was going to buy it in a heartbeat. Glad it went to another gull!
>>
>>8699596
I just don't see the navy accessories working. I'm all for mixing in different colors and not playing matchy-matchy but that's just too much contrast. Navy rarely works with sweet prints that don't have any navy in them. I like the idea of playing with the yellow in the print, so I think the yellow hair clip is a nice accessory.
>>
>>8699330
That doesn't sound like too many colors, since they're soft neutrals. As long as everything matches it should be fine. What kind of dusty pink accessories are you trying to find? A flower hair clip, legwear, or gold/dusty pink jewelry shouldn't be too hard.

Help me?? >>8698417
>>
>>8694980
I thought I was the only person who did that. I feel less crazy now, thanks anon.

>>8695064
Top tights, either bag. This is looking cute!
>>
I got mcd in ivory (dream dress finally achieved) and I'm trying to coord it and it's proving to be a more of a struggle than I had anticipated because of the weird pinks in the dress.
Any concrit/suggestions?
>>
>>8698417
I think the bolero/blouse combination lookes classier, paired with the white tights for balance, and then the blue floral hair accessory and wrist cuffs. I feel like a dark brown/black wig would look better with this than what you've posted. Gray feels too costumey/hallowen, the auburn(?) doesn't really match.

I hate those shoes, but that's a personal nitpick.
>>
>>8701096
Thank you so much for the reply!

Legwear (tights specifically) has been alluding me. Saying as the dusty pink wouldn't be a problem blouse wise, I can easily find gold jewelry but I haven't found any good dusty pink legwear.
>>
>>8697526
pls help
>>
>>8699588
The off-white blouse combo sounds nice, but i really dont see this dress with light colored shoes. What kind of legwear did you have in mind? Because i cant think of any that would go with both the dark dress and the light shoes. Maybe try the blouse & some tights with a subtle lace pattern in off-white with black chunky shoes for an oldschool vibe or brown shoes & gold jewellery for a more classic style
>>
File: crosscoord.jpg (89 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
crosscoord.jpg
89 KB, 1000x800
I'd appreciate feedback on this co-ord. I'm happy with it so far but I think I need to add some more gold in (wristcuffs & rings possibly?)
>>
File: hallowalice.jpg (474 KB, 2400x1409) Image search: [Google]
hallowalice.jpg
474 KB, 2400x1409
>>8697526
I use to have that dress, and it looks really cute with tan/brown items. If I remember the dark parts (circled in image) kind of have a brown undertone.

Brown or tan booties with a matching cardigan would be cute.
Or I would go for old school coord, the stripe socks are a good start, with black strap type of shoes and white sleeved blouse with those schruncie sleeves.
>>
>>8701520
Ahh you are an angel! Thank you so much for the help.
>>
>>8701516
I love this, so clean and elegant looking. I think wristcuffs would be overkill but some elegant gold rings would be a nice touch. I think the gold in the pendant (if it's a decent size) should pull everything together nicely.
>>
>>8699620
No, it's from the release at the beginning of the year.
>>
>>8701516
Good luck finding that milk bag if you don't already have it.
>>
>>8701575
Are there any replicas?
>>
>>8701575
I already own a replica bag which has held up nicely so far, just didn't have a decent photo of it.
>>
>>8701418
Thanks based anon! I thought natural wigs didn't have to "match" 100% as long as they made sense with your skin tone? But I've got a black wig anyway. (And I know stripper heels aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I love them.)

>>8701397
This looks fine desu. Maybe a gold necklace with a matching motif?

>>8701434
You're welcome! Since I'm obviously such a total expert in colors, here's a couple of dusty pink legwear suggestions. Good luck matching the pinks themselves though.
http://atelier-pierrot.shop-pro.jp/?pid=86314249
http://atelier-pierrot.shop-pro.jp/?pid=86313676
http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/harajuku-church-angel-cross-pattern-lolita-tights-bami-4
http://www.sockdreams.com/products/o-lovelies?t=4391&
>>
>>8701582
Yeah there are a bunch, just wasn't sure if anon wanted the real thing or not. I've been trying to get a real one myself, but will probably go for a replica at this point lol.
>>
>>8701655
To be fair, they don't. The red just throws off the balance for me. You could always try both and see what you like best.

And do you think the matching mcd necklace would be too much matchy-matchy for this coord? ( >>8701397) I have little tiny gold fork and spoon earrings too, but they probably won't be very visible...
>>
>>8701672
Why have the matching necklace if you're not gonna wear it with the dress? And those earrings sound cute as fuck, you might as well wear them and let people IRL see them, or take a detail photo or something.
>>
>>8701559
ha ha np, hope it helped a bit.
Also I thought it would be really cute to make an 'Alice' type coord. It might be a bit much on theme, but it might be cute to do similar look to the Alice on the dress. Always thought an apron would be adorable.
>>
>>8701516
sauce on necklace?
>>
File: Coord.png (3 MB, 1576x1648) Image search: [Google]
Coord.png
3 MB, 1576x1648
Hi, gulls! I'm working on my first coord, but I'm kind of on the fence on what to get. I bought the Rose Cat Lolita Morning My Sweet Kittens JSK in the pic (with the star) and the headbow that came with it, but I'm wondering what sort of shoes, socks, and blouse to get. I thought about the kitty socks to try and keep the cat motif from the dress, but I'm worried the pinks might be too different. Maybe I should just wear plain white kneesocks? As for shoes, I'm wondering if I should just go for some regular tea parties (light pink maybe) or something more like the bow socks/shoes combo? Would that be too much or ita? I was thinking a white cotton blouse, short sleeved because I tend to get too hot in a lot of long-sleeved stuff. Maybe more on the frilly side. Custom sizing is a plus, too. I'm currently searching Taobao for more blouses. Oh! Another dumb question, would a bell petticoat work for this? Sorry for all these noob questions and if these are terrible ideas. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
>>
>>8703446
The biggest problem you're having is that none of the pinks match.
The dress is probably more of an antiqued pink than AP's trademark bright pastel pink. So putting it next to bright pastel pink makes the dress look unintentionally orange.

IMO I'd go for tights like these: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w8833432-12010574998.25.kdAVnt&id=45787075984
in pink respectively or https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-12010673025.44.asoOwl&id=41610517122 in white
The blouse should also probably be a matching ivory or off white. I suggest Strawberry Witch (cmloli.taobao.com)
Handmade cat paw rings would be cute to keep the theme up. But that's just me.
>>
>>8703549
Thanks for your suggestions! Those tights are great. Yeah, this shade of pink is kind of odd. That picture had a bit of a yellowish tint, the JSK is actually a bit brighter than that and the lace is more white in person. Hopefully this pic shows it better. Thanks again!
>>
>>8703674
different anon but yeah you're right, that other picture just makes the dress look super peachy.
I'd go with the whitish socks since the print is already pretty busy and the light pink and white shoes.
>>
File: whales with bulbous heads.jpg (694 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
whales with bulbous heads.jpg
694 KB, 1200x1400
So I'm having a dilemma with what legwear to wear with this coord here. Suggestions?
>>
>>8704723
I think short white ankle socks would be cute.
>>
>>8704723
I think it needs more navy!
>>
>>8704496
Just to make sure, the ones with Antaina on them at the bottom of the first pic?
>>
What is the best way to...I suppose credit /cgl/ for coord help? I'm a newbie lolita and I posted on here several times to get help for my first coord, so the result is almost entirely based on what other gulls have said. I don't want to claim their coording skills are my own though - is something like "I had a lot of help putting this coord together" the right thing to say?
>>
>>8704725
>>8704756
If I can find navy lace ankle socks, would it work?
>>
>>8705238
that would help, maybe some smaller navy bows in your hair as well?
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 858x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 858x871
>>8694780 here again, not sure how my partner will think of this coord but I like it much better! What do you guys think? The boots that I have are more brown, but that's the general shape of them.
>>
File: magic_tea_party_zodiac_jsk_2.jpg (111 KB, 293x458) Image search: [Google]
magic_tea_party_zodiac_jsk_2.jpg
111 KB, 293x458
Lots of lurking and slowly working on getting some progress. Here's a new try. Does a "non high neckline" blouse actually work with this jsk (MTP Zodiac)? High necklines won't work for me because big head, neck, and kind of wide (?) shoulders by female standarts, 36-37cm (pls don't kill me for not knowing much about numerical female anatomy proportions).
So if this doesn't work out, I'll either pick the skirt version of Zodiac or take the Angelfish JSK.
>>
>>8705248
Alright, I'll search for those when I get home, thanks anons!
>>
File: winter coord.jpg (226 KB, 732x974) Image search: [Google]
winter coord.jpg
226 KB, 732x974
Thoughts? I wanted to try something a little more princessy with this dress.

Pic of me included to show where the dress hits. It's a little on the short side, so idk if this snow princess getup would even work. Maybe it's too bulky on top?
>>
>>8705680
The bodice of this looks so outrageously bad
>>
>>8706363
Please don't wear those gloves. Honestly this is a very old school dress, I think pairing it with things like a veil or a crown would look odd. Just keep it oldschool with a bow.
>>
>>8706376
Yeah, oldschool was what I got last time I posted this dress (same person?). Still, I wanted to try to mix it up a little. Thanks for the feedback!
>>
>>8706382
Nah, I'm not either of them, it's just a very mid-2000s looking dress. Hime lolita was a thing, then, so there actually isn't a problem for an old school dress to be princess-y. That kind of aesthetic was usually big hime wig, tiny tiara stuck in it, big jewelry.

It'd probably be considered ita nowadays, but anyway.
>>
>>8706399
Plus those beaded crown headdresses were really popular back in the day too
>>
This is my current idea for this dress!
I want to coordinate it in a winter-appropriate way as most of my coordinates do not work for winter.
It's pretty casual as far as coordinates go.
If anyone has any tips or better options please do provide some.
>>
>>8707260
You need to get boots for the winter, and a lot of this is very normie and very loose including the op which looks light weight. It might be best to start over with a dress that is heavier or a jsk that you can get a long sleeved blouse with.

Loose cardigans and stuff that is very long dont belong in lolita and while the cape is cute you should try to get a lolita coat in the mix. Hair accessories should be the same as summer stuff, just leaning towards hats and cute earmuffs vs headbands.
>>
File: roseop.jpg (42 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
roseop.jpg
42 KB, 800x533
Need suggestions for this coord. I want to do white x gold. So far I have the dress and underskirt. Ideally I'd like to have gold accessories and foot wear but given how difficult it is to find gold shoes, I have no problems with white but I'm worried about colour balance.
>>
>>8707260
I mostly disagree with >>8707273 in that I think mixing casual normie stuff with lolita yields some really cute results. I like the idea of the plaid poncho over the dress, and I think the knit cap could be a really cute addition. I do agree with said anon in that you do need boots though.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1447114978839.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1447114978839.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
I recently got AP's moondrop jsk in black and I'm having trouble picking out a winter blouse. I haven't worn it yet so I have no idea what kind of necklines would work with something like this. I'm kind of leaning towards the bottom two, but I'm not sure. I'm also shit at photoshop. Opinions please! I would want more pearls, less bows.
>>
>>8709513
Op here, meant to say leaning towards 2&3, not 4.
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1125x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1125x1360
Going to a big ILD shindig. Not sure about tights or headpiece. I'm trying to go for a very hime style. First time doing something other than gothic and classical. Hoping to pair it mostly with ivory and gold.
>>
>>8709513
I actually think 4 is the best, the cut and material will complement the floaty nature of the dress. If you want it to have pearls you could always stitch a few on.
>>
File: friend usakumya.jpg (941 KB, 1300x1500) Image search: [Google]
friend usakumya.jpg
941 KB, 1300x1500
I don't know what's going on, but I can't seem to wrap my head around this coord. The legwear is throwing me off and I don't know what to do about the shoes. The pink ones I have are off and since I'll be wearing this in the winter, I don't want to freeze my ass off.

Anything you guys think I should change, don't hesitate to tell me.
>>
>>8711803

Do you have white shoes/boots? That could work instead of pink.

As for the legwear, either one is fine, but be wary if you're tall/have thick legs, the the net design OTKs tend to turn into underknee highs on most people (heard this was true for both the btssb original and the mufish version). If you're worried about the cold I would go with thicker opaque white tights and then wear the roses OTKs over them, white socks over white tights are generally okay.

You might want to think about a necklace or something for the neck, the blouse is kinda plain by lolita standards.
>>
>>8711609

With these statement dresses the really important details aren't in the coording, it's in the execution. For instance, a sample coord would be plain or lace tights (white or ivory), choice of shoes (blue, gold, or black would work), some simple jewellery, and a small, plain but cute handbag. For your hair, a tiara, mini crown or a matching headbow would work. That's it. Nothing really earth-shattering neccessary in the coord, keep it minimal, the dress speaks for itself.

What makes the most impact will be the execution and how you style yourself. The important thing isn't what's in your hair, it's getting a hime hairstyle right, and making sure it looks right. No rat's nest, no curls/braids falling apart nonsense. If using a wig, test it on, trim the bangs, and make sure you can style it nicely. Once you nail that hairstyle, even going with a bare head will still look nice. Along with that, make sure your makeup is decent as well, get a nice manicure if you want to look good close up. The more well-groomed you look, the more you look like a princess instead of some kind of imposter playing dressup, do you get what I mean?

Other thing that comes to mind is getting a strong petticoat -- the skirt looks heavy with amount of ruffles it has. Make sure you get a strong, poofy petticoat that can hold up all of the ruffles, otherwise you'll just look like a sad, frumpy mess. Along those lines, do make sure the dress mostly fits you. Don't be lazy to get a shaper if you need it, or get the dress altered if it hangs off you.
>>
>>8711609
>>8711857
This anon nails it. With the big, elaborate special dresses most coords are actually rather plain, it's better to let the dress speak for itself. Just use tights with small detailing, nice elegant shoes, regal and high-quality accessories (nothing ruins an outfit like this quite like cheap, tacky pearls and a dollarstore tiara), and a great updo will finish it off perfectly. Like anon says, a princess wouldn't look ungroomed, make sure your nails and everything looks nice, you don't want to look like you're the chambermaiden playing dressup in the lady's closet.
>>
>>8709513

1 seems like it would be cold, and I'm not sure how the necklines would line up. 2 would work if the little bows are removable, otherwise I'm not sure how I feel about three bows in a row down the front of your chest.

I agree with the other anon who said 4 looks the best for its floatyness. Ironically enough I think 3 would look better if it didn't have those pearls scattered on it, it comes across as debris when I try to imagine it. Might be better with a plain blouse and a pearl necklace.
>>
>>8707345

I'm not sure if it's just the pic or if the gold on the dress is lighter than what we'd usually see. If you can't find the right pair of gold shoes, your best short might be to go with an almost all-white coord, just add the gold back as some really small touches of jewellery or a couple of ivory accents here and there.
>>
>>8711708
>>8712089
Thank you guys! I'll definitely go ahead and buy 4 then, and I might buy 3 just because it's pretty cheap. The only reservations I had about four was the lace on the jsk shoulder overlapping and how the jsk neckline would line up with thr block of lace on 4.
>>
>>8712099
I'll have a better idea of the gold tone when I get my hands on the dress, it's why my coord collage is pretty empty.
>>
File: idk.png (613 KB, 1225x672) Image search: [Google]
idk.png
613 KB, 1225x672
>>8697526
Halloween alice anon again, opinions on this?
I'm kind of going for a more old school vibe.
>>
File: tights and shoes.jpg (811 KB, 1400x1200) Image search: [Google]
tights and shoes.jpg
811 KB, 1400x1200
>>8711808
Unfortunately, I don't have white shoes or boots. I changed my mind on the OTKs and might do full tights instead.

I found two potential tights but I can't decide which shoes to get. The boots on the right are actually beige but I Photoshopped it pink since I'll just spray paint them if I get them.
>>
File: ivorycoord.jpg (1 MB, 2063x1653) Image search: [Google]
ivorycoord.jpg
1 MB, 2063x1653
Here's a coord I'm planning. My biggest question is whether or not I need a blouse to go with it if I'm wearing the overcoat.
I also need some socks or leggings, so I would appreciate suggestions. I am also thinking of adding a ribbon choker, but I'm not sure if I can find one in a matching color so I might do DIY for that.
>>
If you are wearing the overcoat and don't intend on removing it, then a blouse isnt necessary as long as your cleavage isnt showing. The coord is cute but be careful about mixing white (shoes , beret) with offwhite (dress, overcoat). It will make the offwhite look dirty, and the coord just off. Go for the gold shoes.

Also,sauce on dress please?
>>
>>8712722

The dress is from Sakuya Lolita, though the pre order is closed now. Here's the link anyway
http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/sakuya-lolita-the-whisper-of-stars-gold-stamping-lolita-jsk-sakuya-1
>>
>>8712690
what about the white with gold stars tights she carries on the same site the dress came from?
>>
>>8711803
Change out the blouse for something frillier. That one reminds me of my high school band uniforms
>>8712687
>spray painting shoes
don't so that, it'll look terrible, trust me
also don't wear either if the boots with fur. To balance out the sheer tights I would wear a short sleeve blouse instead
>>
File: 5v0w3p.jpg (47 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
5v0w3p.jpg
47 KB, 320x240
Help me coord this skirt.
I bought it on a whim although I'm terrible at making skirt coords.
>>
>>8713408
Alright, but serious question, what do I do if I order the other shoes and the pinks don't match? Also, I mentioned a little above that that this is a winter coord so I really don't want to wear a short-sleeved blouse.
>>
>>8713686
...You're pretty much being lazy, you know? You can't just give us a skirt and say 'coord it for me!' without telling us what you already have, where you want to wear it to or what theme you want to go for.
>>
>>8712687
>>8713408
What about that special leather paint? I've never thought of it before but could you mix their red and white for custom pinks?
>>
>>8713713
That's what my best friend just recommended to me, actually! I'm going to see if I can find the right pink, if not, I'll do what you suggested and mix them.
>>
>>8713686

>solid colored nondescript skirt
>'omg anons halp i can't fucking coord a plain skirt.'

Maybe you shouldn't be in this hobby.
>>
>>8712595
Assuming the whites match, this looks cute as shit anon. What are you doing for accessories/headwear?
>>
File: coord.png (906 KB, 1056x793) Image search: [Google]
coord.png
906 KB, 1056x793
Okay I'm having the hardest time coordinating this skirt for obvious reasons. It's kinda tacky. But i still love it and want to make a wearable coord with it. This is what I came up with does anyone have any other suggestions for it? Does this look like an ita mess?
>>
File: 45(4).jpg (323 KB, 750x760) Image search: [Google]
45(4).jpg
323 KB, 750x760
So does anyone have any idea on how to create an elegant but moderately colourfull boystyle look with these?
>>
>>8713740
Maybe she's a beginner with no local comm, or fuck, maybe she's used to dresses.

Let's see... A white, ruffled blouse with a black ribbon tie would suit that kind of skirt just fine.
>>
>>8713969
You're on the right track it looks like. I'd say maybe stick with only two accent colors from the print, white (and that blouse looks a bit dark for it tbqh) and either black or one of the browns. I'd say stick with black if you already have the boots and jacket. If you really want a third color, at least make one of them the light beige (tights and beret). And jfc those tights clash. Find a pair with a more subtle pattern, or just plain OTKs.
>>
>>8713740
>>8713701
Two seagulls were born.
Saltier than the sea,
heart full of thorns.
I laught at them;
they'll die alone.
>>
>>8713969
Maybe some white socks to peak out of the boots? Like the heavy knit ones with a stripe texture? The bolero and beret is giving me french resistance vibes, I'm feeling a contrasting rose on the jacket.
>>
>>8713969
I don't know if the tights fit with such a busy print bit un the other hand I like them.
>>
File: HL coord.jpg (105 KB, 1257x979) Image search: [Google]
HL coord.jpg
105 KB, 1257x979
Can I please get some feedback on my HL coord?

I'm undecided about the choker, cape and shoe clips and would like to know if you seagulls think it would work overall with the JSK.
Also any ideas on accesories to balance out the black and lavander would be really appreciated.
>>
>>8714190
It may be the photo, but those socks don't really match colourwise. Also, I'd rethink the gloves - if you want to get gloves, make sure to get really well made ones otherwise they'll just look tacky and cheap.
>>
>>8713977
I'm sorry I can't help - but I love those shorts with the socks.
I take it you want to plan an outfit around those socks?
>>
>>8714190
The choker, cap, and glove combo looks like it will be a mess. Just wear a blouse. HL in that cut is easy to make look ita already.
>>
>>8714200
Yeah, or at least similar ones.. Not my photo, but I do love shorts+kneesocks combo.
>>
File: J&DSkirt.png (240 KB, 401x728) Image search: [Google]
J&DSkirt.png
240 KB, 401x728
I promise all of the blacks match! Does this hat seem out of place? If yes, recommendations on other stuff. Also wondering about the legwear.
>>
File: HL coord2.jpg (95 KB, 1257x979) Image search: [Google]
HL coord2.jpg
95 KB, 1257x979
>>8714190
>>8714197
>>8714226
Second try, I traded the cape and gloves for a long sleeve blouse. Thoughts?

>>8714419
It looks safe to me, you might wanna add some antique gold accents to bring out the skirt's design more and balance out the overall coord.
>>
>>8714440
I like this better, but the neckline of that blouse might look weird with the bustier style of the JSK.
>>
>>8714197
The socks are from the same release so they do match.
>>8714440
I know AB say that the headdress can be used as a choker but it really depends on your neck/head. So it can be a hit or miss on the person. You will want something your chest area with the cut of the jsk and that open blouse. Are you planning on putting the cuffs on your arms or legs?
>>
>>8714485
>same release so they match
Ha ha
Ha
No
You are too optimistic about brand colour matching. I haven't seen the lav but the wine ones are much brighter/ warmer than the dress in person. It's common for set socks not to match. Prints on vastly different materials etc.
>>
Trying to figure out something a bit more complex with this.
I want a sort of cute butterfly catcher/botanist coord with some browns instead of dusty pink and white everything. Can I get some recommendations for a cute blazer, headwear, and non-flower accessories?
>>
>>8714485
I have a long neck so Im not too worried about using it as a choker. I was hoping the choker + square neck blouse combo would make it look mature, what would you suggest?
>>
>>8714600

The socks will be okay, even if they aren't the exact shade.

The brands aren't dumb enough to put out a pair of socks for a set that completely clashes, customers would complain and stop buying from them altogether. At worst it's going to be a few shades lighter or darker, and once it's on somebody's body and not a flat 2D image it's going to be hard to tell. In a coord with only one other neutral colour, nothing is going to clash.

(And yes, I'm aware of how different it is. The bow clip for the navy is warmer than the dress as well. lol)

>>8714440
>>8714641

I did the headdress as a choker before, mine must be one of the faces that don't suit it though -- the front of the choker was too high and the base didn't make a nice shape around my neck, it looked odd over an open neckline. But I solved it by using it over a high-necked cutsew and I wore it with the ribbon in front. So that's something you can try if you have problems with the choker.
>>
File: 261685-7125-2015-01-16141265.jpg (345 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
261685-7125-2015-01-16141265.jpg
345 KB, 600x800
Requesting some more otome looks using this sallo
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1447496716725.jpg (309 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1447496716725.jpg
309 KB, 720x720
>>8714609
Butterflies with everything! I figure if you're wearing knee boots patterned tights won't be too much pattern. Most of this is from axes femme
>>
>>8716659
I would go with the non patterned tights since the boots with the jsk wont show a lot of leg anyways. Those tights are cute but better for when you can see them.
>>
File: B39OP713-b.jpg (53 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
B39OP713-b.jpg
53 KB, 480x640
Would it be possible to wear this dress without some lace on the sleeves? I am considering sewing some, but any advice about casual lolita will be appreciated.

Kudos if a complete outfit exclusively composed of black, gold, red and white pieces can be found by one of you, it would be perfect.
>>
>>8691727
I'd go with black shoes and a black pillbox hat for like a retro theme with it for some spice. If the blouse was short sleeved, some black gloves with tons of pink and mint rings too.
>>
>>8694458
if the hat bow is black, definitely black. have a long black rosary to seal the deal.

>>8694780
high collar blouse without the bow, or a square neck blouse that just doesnt show the collar.

>>8695639
pull out the black/dark gray from the trees and shadows.. Not sure if a dark blouse under would work well but it might be worth a try? If not, a really thick black collar with dark gloves maybe?

>>8695752
I dont think anything really matches thematically. Sailory casual kinda blouse, a rich print, a beret? And the star clip is just a sign of ita.

>>8714190
I love the cape and glove idea, it makes it so classy. But I think tights would match the coord better with that kind of feeling.
>>
Does anyone know of a place, aside Anna house that offers a brown long-sleeve cotton blouse? I'm looking for one to wear with Chess Chocolate. I'd like cotton because it's more suitable for warmer weather. I have broad shoulders and a bit larger bust. I can fit into shirred brand blouses but usually the shoulders and sleeve lengths give me issues.

I may just cave and commission a chiffon one, but I was hoping for cotton.
>>
>>8718013
*colder weather rather. gdi.
>>
File: 6826_original.jpg (337 KB, 550x371) Image search: [Google]
6826_original.jpg
337 KB, 550x371
Looking for some help coording this dress! I'm planning on wearing a red capelet with white fur trim over it, and maybe making a little poinsetti or mistletoe accent/broach for the capelet, maybe a red cardigan over it rather than a blouse beneath.

No idea what to do for legwear or head wear-- I have a red pair of shoes I plan on using (off-brand), but I'd like to find a nice pair of printed tights, otherwise I'll default to white knitted tights. Thinking about maybe a red or white beret or something, with some mistletoe or poinsettia adornments?
>>
>>8718163
This is adorable anon! I've never seen it before.
I think the capelet idea is cute, but I think it would look best with just a simple red blouse.
For a casual look, you could use a red turtleneck sweater with some longish gold/pearl/christmasy necklaces, white beret, red tights, and white shoes.
Another idea is a red cardigan buttoned all the way up with a fluffy fur or crochet collar, red headbow, knit white tights, and red shoes.
I think printed tights are a bad idea, the dress is really busy at the bottom, and the last thing you need is more patterns there.
>>
>>8716713
The original tights are quite colourful and bright. I suspect they'd be overwhelming without at least calf length boots or appropriately balanced top half, hence why I thought they'd be ok with knee high boots - interesting but not overwhelming

>>8717693
Honestly, I think it's fine as it is. For a casual-but-still-lolita outfit I would wear white lace trimmed OTKs, black tea parties, a black bolero open in the front and small red headbow + red bow jewellery + red or black bag. For a general casual outfit, cutsew dresses like this always remind me a bit of Kiki's delivery service - you could definitely do loafers + satchel + headbow with this dress, but I'd have them all be red.
>>
File: harpsichordtrio.jpg (39 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
harpsichordtrio.jpg
39 KB, 400x534
Just ordered this beauty; also posted in worn thread if anyone has worn photos.

I have no idea whether to wear a red blouse, white blouse, or be basic and just go with a black blouse. Also most of the music themed accessories I'm finding are really sweet and I'm looking for things that are elegant. I'm thinking about making a headpiece; a veil where the top part is a treble clef surrounded by lace and small roses. I may nix the veil part since I wear a lot of veils.
>>
>>8694929
>>8695540
Agreed. Your skirt is carnival themed, the hat and top remind me of a circus ringleader and not military at all. Cut out the military shit.
>>
>>8718457
Are the instruments on that print a wine or more violet?
>>
File: P11JS219-iv_grande.jpg (36 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
P11JS219-iv_grande.jpg
36 KB, 450x600
Blouse, cardigan, or something else? I feel like a sheer blouse might look nice, but with a neckline like this one, it would just look a little unbalanced. A cardigan might be nice, but it just wouldn't look right with the skirt. Bolero maybe? A fur stole? I need help.

For legwear, I'm going with sheer ivory tights with lace details and either white or gold shoes.
>>
File: babu's first attempt at a coord.jpg (915 KB, 1500x720) Image search: [Google]
babu's first attempt at a coord.jpg
915 KB, 1500x720
I've been lurking in threads for a year or so now and I'm finally taking my first step into lolita with something on the less expensive side. I want to see what style suits me before I take the plunge into expensive burando. Being a newbie, I appreciate suggestions and ideas.
(I know you don't technically need a blouse with an OP, but that neckline is sort of iffy and I can't decide if I want to cover it a little or not)
>>
>>8719949
I personally think the dress would look fine without the blouse underneath
>>
>>8719949
I think what you have is fine. You might want to think about outerwear also in pink or lavender and maybe a white bag to balance the white bodice of the dress. If you are concerned about the neckline you can maybe add a floral choker to cover up more of your neck.
>>
>>8719486
I haven't received it yet but it looks pretty win to me.
>>
>>8719665
You could totally do a beautiful swan lake type thing. Feathery white headdress, white feather print tights, ballet themed accessories...and I would definitely go with some white shoes.
>>
>>8719486
It is wine irl
>>
File: babiesfirstcord.jpg (407 KB, 1083x1020) Image search: [Google]
babiesfirstcord.jpg
407 KB, 1083x1020
Babby's first co-ord needs help.
I'm getting the skirt and bow from Infanta but can't decide on the blouse. Bottom left is the one in the photo of the skirt. The other two are options, would buy them in white.
Also opinion on the bag?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8720640

Bottom middle is the nicest. Where is it from? Also get a cardigan or bustier or something so your top half doesn't look stupid and empty, which is a common newb mistake.
>>
>>8720652
Thanks for that. It's Infanta too.
>>
>>8719665
name of jsk? Reverse search is just giving me shit.
>>
File: 02_924.jpg (363 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
02_924.jpg
363 KB, 500x600
I've got a good idea about everything else I want to wear with this, but I can't decide on a bag. I was thinking the Milky Cross bag in white but I don't feel like it matches quite well enough.
Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: P11JS219-iv_madoka-01_grande.jpg (80 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
P11JS219-iv_madoka-01_grande.jpg
80 KB, 450x600
>>8721193
It's the Claudia JSK from AATP, according to Baby's website anyway. Here is how the model has it co-orded. It's much too frumpy in my opinion.

>>8720085
I like that idea. I think instead of a feather headdress, I might opt for some pearl hairpins instead, but this sounds like it would look a lot more elegant than the co-ord on the site.
>>
File: rosespindledress.jpg (124 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
rosespindledress.jpg
124 KB, 425x640
I have no idea what to do with this, I know its not really lolita but I'm still very new and would be willing to coord it in any suitable style. It hits me right at the knee and a bit baggy on my waist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8721265

I would have gone for a star-shaped bag instead of a cross-shaped one. Failing that, a regular bag in sax blue (or whatever colour you're coording it with) would be a better match. Unless you were coording a lot of crosses into your outfit, that is.
>>
File: tumblr_nrd0e7VqEc1u5ppzwo5_400.jpg (77 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrd0e7VqEc1u5ppzwo5_400.jpg
77 KB, 340x255
How to wear this?
>>
>>8722116

Casually. It's not really a print to go all OTT princess on. Just pair it with a cutsew and a light petti, ankle socks and other cute things. Then go out and get ice cream.
>>
Guys I got a question. Do you think red and brown can be coorded together? Because I only have a brown pair of shoes for lolita, and I really like this Meta Pintuck Red Jsk. I can't seem to find any good coords with it, and brown shoes are just so finicky.
>>
>>8721785

It's just a normalfag dress. Wear it like how you would any normalfag dress. Wear it by itself, sandals and a cute bag if it's hot, or throw a cardi on top or a turtleneck under, tights and shoes if it's cold. There's nothing to coord, this isn't a lolita outfit where you have to balance colours, print and elements while mainting covered shoulders, a theme and the poof.
>>
>>8722175

Only brown and red together is a pretty bad idea, even if not everyone thinks of blood and poo when they see it, these are two really heavy colours, and red itself is pretty loud.

Make the coord white x red instead, and add the brown as an accent. For eg, do a white blouse, white tights, and add pearl accessories to your outfit. Then add the brown back with the shoes, a matching brown bag (if you have it, otherwise a red or white bag works), antique brass jewellery, a brown bow on a red beret (or something similar in terms of hair accessory).
>>
>>8714440
I'm usually not one to scream "don't mix sweet and gothic!" But there is just something so off about this.
>>
I posted in the BST thread a while ago but no bites so figured I'd ask for further advice here. I'm looking for any OTKs that are any combo of white/blue/navy and have a moon/stars theme. AP's Falling Star OTKs are my ideal but I can't find them anywhere and the navy colorway is sold out on their website. I also found a few other styles I like on Lolibrary but again can't find them anywhere. So if you guys know of any currently for sale brand or ali/taobao or even storenvy or off brand socks that fit this description it would be the perfect finishing touch to my coord!
>>
Very stupid and very serious question. Is it ok if Usakumyas eyes doesn't match the rest of my coord?I want to wear them but have nothing pink or blue in my wardrobe
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.