[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seagull Santa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: merryseagul.png (416 KB, 477x775) Image search: [Google]
merryseagul.png
416 KB, 477x775
Hey /cgl/,

Would anyone be willing to participate in a /cgl/ secret santa this year, I know a few other boards are doing it? Maybe something with a fixed price point, including maybe a free/card bracket like /a/ does? That way people can still send others cute art or stationary without spending much money. Thoughts?
>>
It's hard enough getting people to mail their shit on Lace Market, what makes you think a flakey, scammy gull will send a Christmas gift?
>>
>>8684781
>Would anyone be willing to participate in a /cgl/ secret santa this year, I know a few other boards are doing it? Maybe something with a fixed price point, including maybe a free/card bracket like /a/ does? That way people can still send others cute art or stationary without spending much money. Thoughts?

I think this would be super fun! If this does happen we should try to assign Secret Santas to the same country so insane shipping costs/customs fees aren't an issue.

I'd be okay with just a card bracket imho. I love getting cards from friends at xmas.
>>
i would be interested, but after last year's fell apart i am cautious. i still have the items i got for gulls last year.
>>
>>8686953
Yes! Sane shipping is a must.

I also think a handmade bracket might be fun, just like little accessories and such.
>>
>>8686966
ooh, i would be interested in this.
>>
As long as someone (namely you, OP) spearheads this without being stalled by a dozen seagull opinions, I think this could go great. I'm in.
>>
I'd be up for this anon, not sure how we'd ensure everyone got something, maybe have a direct exchange?
>>
I really like the idea, but it depends how it will be done

Last year I've gift 3 present for 3 different people and I received nothing

>>
>>8687053
I hate it when this happens
>>
I'd be down! I'd love to send out cards!
>>
>>8687109
Maybe have people provide EGL/LM feedback of some sort? Have it be so that only people with at least 10-15 positive reviews can participate or something like that.
>>
>>8686953
>>8684781

Postcards? cheap
>>
>>8687136
would eBay count? not everyone is a longterm lolita who buys and sells only from western markets.
>>
I haven't been in a cgl ss before but the last two years on /a/ have been wonderful. Was there a paeticular group of people heading cgl last year? The setup for /a/ works pretty well. It also helps that some peoples expectations were really really low.
>>
>>8686946
To foster goood will? To generate some good deeds and make selfishly everybody feel good about themselves doing said good deeds?
>>
>>8686990
This.
It only works if we have someone or some people who are willing to deligate the time to lead and sort this all the way through.
There's also the underlying risk of giving someone something and not getting anything in return which most people are able to overcome.
I would love to help out.
>>
>>8684781
I'd be willing to do it sure.
>>
>>8686990
>>8687031
Yeah, I don't mind setting things up! I definitely think it would be a good idea to stick with cards and/or handmade gifts. That way people (>>8687053) don't get burned spending a hefty sum of money and not receiving anything in turn.

>>8687136
>>8687155
Last year Canadian lolitas sent gifts to each other across the country. It was required we have a feedback link. This could work for Lacemarket, Ebay, EGL Sales, or Facebook sales.

>>8687176
People would need to take that into consideration since I can't control the actions of others, but I'd be more than willing to lead and organize this event. If other boards can do it, I think we should be capable.
>>
I'd love to participate in this. Canadian lolita here.
>>
Are cosplayers welcome? I'd love to make something cute for someone.
>>
I'm going to figured out some guidelines, deadlines, and make some excel sheets for organizing. I'll try listing some details down tonight. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to help me organize this event, please drop me an email.

>>8687206
Of course! I think this would be non-specific enough to involve all of our creative seagulls.
>>
>>8687155
>>8687193
Yeah I don't see why not (though personally I'd be more comfortable with lolita-specific platforms but that's just my preference). I think the important thing is good SELLER feedback, rather than buyer feedback I think. Shows that the person actually sends stuff out at a decent pace.
>>
>>8687198
Another Canadian seagull willing to participate! I'm both a cosplayer and lolita though.
>>
>>8684781
I'm down for it. Er the only concern is revealing addresses
>>
>want to participate
>Eurofag, extremely not fair to make anyone ship over here unless there's a high percentage of Eurofags
>also, can't make shit for the life of me (here for lolita and jfash)
>can draw, but shit at actually making things
>I will live voraciously through you all
>>
>>8686953
>card bracket
what is that?
>>
>>8687254
in the /a/ version at least, it's basically the "free" price range group, where you exchange only cards, not merchandise/things that you buy.
>>
>>8687242
I'd be down for sending a card to someone in Europe, I'm in the UK and the UK is so small I'd rather send to someone outside of the country or else it feels boring.
A nicely drawn card is worth a lot to me.
>>
>>8687254
>>132743350
>>
>>8687242
>voraciously
vicariously anon
>>
>>8687222
I want to help! Here's my burner email.
>>
I'd suggest making some kind of form like /a/ usually has. Asking about where they are able to ship, interests etc. Some people won't be able to be paired up if you're only allowed to send within your own country but some people may be willing to send cards internationally. But then you have to explain to those people that they're not buying gifts but sending cards since it's a different bracket.
>>
I would possibly be down for sending cards!
>>
File: 1444016298292.jpg (48 KB, 437x471) Image search: [Google]
1444016298292.jpg
48 KB, 437x471
>>8687193
I'll totally support whatever you decide, OP. Itching to use my qt stationary.

>>8687342
A form would be a great idea. I'd suggest SurveyMonkey, with a fill-in slot for feedback links.
>>
>>8687241
I think using a website made for this sort of thing would work well such as elfster, that way you only see the address of the person that you are sending the present to.
>>
>>8687442
Not sure how organized Elfster is, just took a look at it, but it's a group limit of 50 people. I was thinking of creating a Google Form for people to fill out if that works as I hope it will. That way people can kind of specify what they do and do not want. Some people may not want to ship internationally, some people may want something specific; like a handmade rosette or a card with Joesph Joestar on it. It would be nice to match people up depending on their interests.
>>
I'm in the US and would be able to ship a small gift or some handmade jewelry!
>>
>>8687476
Wait, will this be a a>b>c.. matching situation, or a a = b, c = d.. one? I do Reddit Secret Santas and they do the former.
>>
>>8687476
make them list at least 5 things they like, hopefully we'll be able to connect people that like the same thing.
>>
>>8687476
i don't like elfster. They harass you and send out additional information that you don't want to give, to the people in your secret santa group
>>
>>8687531
well if shit goes down, and we are in a=b situation, will there be vendattas?
>>
>>8687531
I think it depends on how many variants we have. For cards it's pretty much a free-for-all except if you would like cute stationary, a drawing or a future pen pal.
>>
>>8687657
I'll do my best to match people, but I'll put a short disclaimer saying not to have high expectations. After all, you rarely get everything you expected or even want from an SS.
>>
File: 1300385462139.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1300385462139.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
I'd love to do something like this!
A low price range, or different brackets would be the best imo, plus some way to make sure that only the person sending you something sees your address.

I'm not about to send out my name and address to the far reaches of 4chan.
>>
>>8684781
/a/'s has already closed and assignments are going out starting on Wednesday, considering that international shipping from Japan (a lot of people might try to get a cosplay/lolita item from there) takes a lot longer during peak shipping time.

I don't know, /cgl/ is made of way more catty women who beat around the bush, and demographics kind of split between lolita and cosplay, where there isn't that much overlap in terms of hobbies even if some people do both. I would be a lot more wary in this secret santa.

If anything, joining Reddit's would be less risk.
>>
>>8687703
>thinks /cgl/ is full of catty women
>advocates joining Reddit's

go for it, i do not think this is your scene.
>>
Ah, I'm super interested in sending something handmade. I haven't made lolita sales in a really long time (i barely sold any of my stuff actually) and I have a storenvy but they don't have a feedback system. I'm not sure how else to prove that I'm not a flake.
>>
I love secret santa's! a /cgl/ one would be great, I do think price brackets would be good to do. A handmade- $10 one maybe, then one that goes to $50 or something or a bit less.
>>
>>8687703
I hate to break it to you anon but even with Reddit's karma system people can and will rip each other off if they so choose.

The difference is we're a lot less guilty about naming and shaming cheapskates.
>>
An anon and I are currently making a form for submissions for the SS. We will need to make a poll for some sort of agreement on what you guys would like to send/receive. Whether it's only cards and crafts or we expand it to store bought goods, we will need to figure that out. If the majority would like to include store bought goods, we will have to broaden our price brackets. As of right now, we have three brackets: Cards $0, Handmade gifts $5-10, and Handmade gifts $11-15. Let us know what you guys think! I'll post a strawpoll tomorrow if that helps figure out the majority.
>>
>>8684781
I have little money but i will do my best for the person and also send a pretty card full of hopeful words so if this person is in dark times it will maybe help...not.much but hey.
How much would the cost range be?
>>
>>8686953
I'd be down for secret santa
>>
I've never participate in a secret santa but Id love to join this!
I was thinking...(maybe I'm being stingy?) but, can I buy some cute stuff from aliexpress, and send it directly to the anon's adress? So I can save shipping and use these saved money to buy something better
Idk
>>
I'd love to join in! I'm also from the UK, would be great to see a few interests of the person we're gifting so we can make or buy things they'll hopefully like :)

>>8688147
But what if they get customs charges? I know we'd only be buying small things, but in the UK many things still get hit with a handling fee. I'd rather post stuff direct
>>
>>8687963
I doubt most people would do handmade gifts. Some people are very creative but people will probably just want to buy cute things and get cute things back. You then would have to split store bought, handmade and cards which seems like too much work with this timeframe since you have to pair everyone up. Also $5 shouldn't be the amount for a higher bracket, just combine them and then add store bought if people vote for it.
>>
I'm way up for this! I'm an Asian anon though, so unless other Asian anons/more people are willing to ship presents across continents join, I might not be able to join in.
>>
>>8687963
I think store bought items would be great! Also, would it be possible to be in both a card bracket and the gift exchange itself?
>>
>>8687963
Changing "handmade gifts" to just "physical goods" would be better. Some people aren't very talented when it comes to crafting or won't have time to make something and would rather purchase a gift instead.
>>
>>8687963
It's going to be too late for bought gifts from Japan at this rate. Shipping time jumps to about 2X normal time (4 weeks for SAL, 1 week for EMS) from Japan during holiday shipping season, and that's not counting the time needed for you to hand out assignment, the gifter to check e-mail and browse sites to decide on something, and receiving and re-shipping the item. EMS might work out but it means putting a dent in the budget of how much money is actually spent on the gift.
>>
>>8688557
4 weeks seems like a maximum, though. I've ordered stuff from Japan and it's taken 2-3 days for EMS and two weeks for SAL. Christmas isn't for another two months.
>>
I'd do this and I'm more than happy to pitch in help too! Cards sound like a really good option, start with something small and if it goes well we can step up next year.

Feedback should definitely be required for actual gifting, but it's not like someone couldn't link fake feedback or simply not care. Maybe create an account to initiate transactions with every trader and those who flake get left negatives at the end?

Every year I send cards and gifts to anons, but I generally get flaked on. I don't mind it personally since I kind of expect it now, but I think it's really unfair to anons who really put their heart and wallet into it. Hopefully we can get something set up!

>>8688300
i'm asia anon too, i'd send you goodies!
>>
Aw yis I just got my craft room set up so I'd love to make some cards and send gifts.
>>
There's an antique store near my house where I often find cute vintage hats, jewelry, pins, etc for a decent price. Do you think a gull would like a vintage pin/broach?
>>
>>8688708
I think it would be really nice for classic lolitas.
>>
>>8688708
My taste is fairly OTT classic, and I love that kind of thing.
>>
I think it might be good to sort everyone out into areas/continents - America, Europe, Asia present in this thread so far? - and then the organiser contact each in those group and they all vote for what they would rather send, homemade gifts/bought gifts/cards etc. and their price range. If there's not enough in one group to ensure everyone gets a present, ask another from another group? I'm not really sure, but god bless the seagull trying to organise this.
>>
i am an ouji and a crafter. i would like to participate in a gift exchange. my supplies for making accessories cover the Big Three (gothic, classic, and sweet) and can be masculine or feminine, youthful or mature, as needed.

along with the card exchange, i might be interested in trading business cards/coupons with other anons who do AAs or have webshops.
>>
>>8688915
In our current form we require people to state their country and whether or not they would like to ship internationally. We can group people that way. Plus, there's an additional comments section on the form for any questions or concerns. We've also expanded the brackets to include both handmade and store bought goods for those who aren't incredibly crafty.

It's almost finished, we're just looking for some art to use for the form that's /cgl/ and holiday related, like /cgl/-tan. If anyone would like to contribute that way, that would be great!
>>
I do a gift exchange over in the nanowrimo forums. Since it's established, just the threat of not being able to participate the following year is enough to stop outright anarchy.
What they do is take "angel" volunteers who make a few extra care packages for the people who get flaked on.
I think the price brackets shouldn't be quite so strict because handmade goods make that tricky. $5 can be anything from a handmade sweater or two candy bars...
Perhaps just a hard $20 limit. I can't see many gulls being willing to risk more than this in an anonymous gift exchange anyway.
>>
File: christmas cgl.png (178 KB, 483x829) Image search: [Google]
christmas cgl.png
178 KB, 483x829
>>8688936
Shitty sketch but I can finish it tonight if it's good enough.
>>
>>8688936
here you go
>>
>>8687198
Another Canadian lolita who'd happily participate
>>
>>8689033
>>8688980
Thanks anons! I'll have the form posted tonight for everyone.
>>
Any way you can divvy up the groups by continent, at least? Country might be too hard for EU since there's probably a handful of seagulls scattered across several countries, but at the very least we could clump people together by continent so they don't have to do overseas shipping. No sense in grouping by cost of gift if people expect to spend $15 on a small gift and end up paying another $10 just for overseas shipping. Seems like we could probably have 'Murrica and Canada separate too if people wanted but that's nitpicking.
>>
File: christmas cgl3.png (244 KB, 483x829) Image search: [Google]
christmas cgl3.png
244 KB, 483x829
>>8688980
Oops, I got a bit too into it.
>>
>>8689109
Would be a good idea to have a "are you willing to ship internationally?" option.
>>
>>8689116
this is too cute anon
>>
File: dokidoki.jpg (168 KB, 1168x1516) Image search: [Google]
dokidoki.jpg
168 KB, 1168x1516
Alright gulls,

Here's the form for the /cgl/ Secret Santa. I'm really glad there's been interest for this event and I hope things can go smoothly! If anyone would like to help out at all, please send me a message, and we can work something out.

If you have any questions or concerns, there is a box you can fill on the last page of the form, or you can send me an email if it's a private concern that you would like to address as soon as possible.

The deadline for submissions will be November 8th.

goo DOT gl SLASH forms SLASH B9Bx8HYoay
>>
>>8688980
>>8689116
Anon, I'll be saving this to use for later on. Thank you, it looks really cute.
>>
>>8689159
did it. would have been nice to have option to review info at the end!

>nervoussweating.jpg
>>
Probably a dumb question, but since I'm not sure if I have buyers/sellers feedback on any sites, does that essentially disqualify me from participating? I completely get the concern if someone has no feedback anywhere, which is why I'm asking.
>>
>>8689327
If there's anything wrong with a submission, I'll make sure to email that person before stuff gets sent out. It's okay if you'd like to email me with any additional information before the deadline. I can add it to your entry.

>>8689339
This is tricky. I think it's okay if you're sending cards, but for the safety of other anons, I don't think this would extend to the other brackets. If anyone has a suggestion that would bypass this issue, because I know a few people won't have feedback links, then please speak up.
>>
>>8689356
I've just sent you a submission with my full name and address and I'm already panicking that it was a dumb decision to send someone on 4chan that.
I believe in you anon, please be gentle on me!

Thanks for deciding to organise this, too.
>>
>>8689375
At least in the US, they will still deliever your mail if you use an initial for your first name. But I used a completly fake but plausible name before on secret santa, too, and it worked.
>>
File: 1442331084625.gif (618 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
1442331084625.gif
618 KB, 400x229
>>8689159
Submitting my form, thanks for setting this up Santa-anon!
>>
>>8689159
I signed up! This sounds exciting.
>>
>>8689159
Filled
I'm so excited!
>>
>>8689159
Done! I hope I described my interests well enough.
>>
Will we get to talk to our SS's via e-mail if paired?
>>
>>8691254
That kind of defeats the purpose of it being a secret, anon. I won't be sending you their email. Just their general interests, name, and address. If you would like to keep in touch with your partner, make a card and express your interest in hearing back from them, or something.
>>
I think I derped while filling it out on my phone.. I'm happy to send small gifts* and cards to literally anyone, but I think I just hit like "Two $20-40 gifts, two cards." by accident.
Should I redo the form?

*I'm about to make a metric butt-tonne of resin brooches that I'd otherwise sell, but they're the perfect envelope size to fit in with cards.
>>
>>8691453
You did. Is there anything you want to change other than the "how many" section? You can redo the form if you'd like, or you can tell me what you would like to add and I can put it on to your current submission.
>>
>>8691456
If you could bump the cards up to the maximum and the two gifts down by a price bracket it'd be better. Sorry!
>>
>>8691470
So, 5 instead of 3 and $10-20 instead of $20-40?
>>
File: tumblr_mb2tnzpIwD1r7kr84o1_250.gif (39 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb2tnzpIwD1r7kr84o1_250.gif
39 KB, 250x180
>>8691486
Yup, that sounds about right!
>>
>>8691496
Changes have been made. Just let me know if you need anything else adjusted!
>>
>>8689088
me as well
>>
Submitted as a Britfag when it first went up, hoping there's enough of us.
>>
Poor Britfag without any feedback so signing up to send cards only! This sounds fun though!!
>>
>>8689356
I'd like to participate and I have a feedback page on a sales site too but it's only visible to other members of the site. Would it be okay to send you caps of my page?
>>
wait so it says small handmade gifts or cards would it not be okay for me to send candy and cute trinkets? I'm not exactly the most crafty person
>>
>>8691831
Oh wait i'm retarded and didn't read the entire thread it clears that up here >>8688936 sorry
>>
>>8691771
a live page would be preferred imo. i think with cards you do not need a feedback page.
>>
File: 41b.png (194 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
41b.png
194 KB, 500x375
I accidentally sent in the form before proofreading i hope i filled it all out right
>>
>>8691834
No worries, anon!

>>8691891
If I see any major mistakes, I'll send out an email asking for that information.

>>8691712
So far there are three gulls from England. The majority of gulls signing up are from the US, so it would really be great if we could get more international gulls to join us!

>>8691771
A live page would be preferred. Mind you, if you're sending out cards you don't need a feedback link. If you really want to sign up for a small gift, please email me, and I'm sure we can work something out. Even if it means me quickly making an account. I don't mind.
>>
When are things supposed to ship out? I'll be in three States over Xmas week and don't know which address to use.
>>
>>8691997
I was thinking December 11th would be the final deadline for shipping. It gives people about a month to figure things out. I think this should be more than enough time.

I'll also be making a proof of shipment form for anons in the larger brackets. This way I'll kind of have an idea of who's being sketchy and screwing over their partners.
>>
File: 1434972179429.jpg (87 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1434972179429.jpg
87 KB, 500x600
I want to sign up but I'm not a crafter and I'd like to send more than just a card. Can you send purchased gifts?
>>
>>8692065
Yup! To quote myself from earlier in the thread, we've expanded the brackets to include both handmade and store bought goods for those who aren't incredibly crafty. You'll be paired according to your interests, location, and bracket.
>>
I used to do gift exchanges on reddit, would that count as a feedback page?
>>
>>8692082
Thank you for the quick reply! Filling out a form now.
>>
>>8692083
If there are reviews from your partner, maybe?
>>
Just clarifying:

If I pick 1 $20-40, 2 $10-20 and 3 $5-10 that means I will give gifts of those values depending on how many people I get?
>>
>>8692094
i think it means you will give one big value, two medium, and three small value gifts. or that is what i assumed when i signed up for multiple brackets. my hope is to have multiple partners and cards, and set up a little seagull tree and do an unwrapping video.
>>
File: tumblr_niv91j8m011rrcqqmo3_500.gif (768 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niv91j8m011rrcqqmo3_500.gif
768 KB, 500x200
>filled out form
>forgot to screencap my gift obligations
>oh shit already forgot what I signed up to do
>panic

Thank goodness I remembered. Ended up writing down how many gifts for each price range I signed up for just in case I really do forget before it's over with so I can go ahead and start buying stuff.
>>
File: boku no sad.jpg (95 KB, 381x391) Image search: [Google]
boku no sad.jpg
95 KB, 381x391
>>8692094
That means you will be given 3 people to give gifts to. One will be the big value, the second will be the medium and the third will be small. On the form it says: How many gifts do you want to send? What price range? And it gives you 1-5 with the various price brackets.

Does this make sense? Gotta make sure everyone is on the same page here or else I'll go into panic mode.

>>8692097
If you want to exceed 5 gift partners, please email me and I'll make a note of it on your submission.
>>
Santa's helper here, sorry don't have access to email at the moment. For the mutiple gift section, the rows with the numbers and price brackets as columns.
Leta say for example you want to send 2 $10 gifts and 1 $20 gift.

Bubble fill in row 1 column $10. Fill out roll 2 column $10. Fill out row 3 column $20.
>>
>>8692514
Oh damn, then I think me and a few other anons filled it out wrong.

Maybe you should put on the application that explanation? Because I know I filled out mine thinking "Well I want to send gifts to three people" and filled out 1 - $20 and 2 - $10 thinking it meant I'd send one $20 gift and then two $10 gifts, each to a different person.
>>
>>8692514
>>8692516
Half asleep so I derped and forgot to ask this but if we did mess up, would it be easier for us to just re-submit our applications rather than get you all to fix it yourselves? What with the whole 'anonymous' thing to it and all.
>>
>>8692520
are there too many people for Seagull Santa to email for a reconfirmation?
>>
>>8692516
in the same boat as this anon
>>
Don't do a re-submission. It seems like I was the one who misinterpreted that section. The anon helping me wrote it. On the form, it now clarifies that: For example, you want to send 1 $5-10 gift, and 2 $20-40 gifts. Bubble in row 1 column $5-10, row 2 column $20-40, and row 3 column $20-40. Leave blank if you don't want to send a gift.

That should mean most of you filled it in correctly.
>>
>>8692812
ok, thanks for the clarification!
>>
>>8692812
If we filled it out incorrectly, what should we do in order to get it fixed? Just let you know which submission is ours and what we need fixed on the gift section?
>>
>>8692840
Yup, just e-mail me. I'll send out e-mails later on just to confirm the information to those who sent it in prior to the latest update.
>>
File: thumb.gif (2 MB, 634x350) Image search: [Google]
thumb.gif
2 MB, 634x350
>>8691890
>>8691978
Thanks gulls! I think I'll stick with cards this time since it's the first ss thing for me.
>>
Happy Halloween, everyone!
>>
>>8689356
I'm one of those who hasn't got any feedback yet, but I'd like to send a card. However, I can't fill out the document without giving a feedback link, so what do I do?
>>
>>8694536
just type N/A or something
>>
I don't think this will work to be honest, every time it does (even not on 4chan) as people are horrible and don't send theirs out
>>
>>8694587
I was thinking of creating a form people can fill out to prove they've sent out their items. It's still an honesty policy thing. I can't shame people into sending out their items.

>>8694536
Just do what >>8694572 suggested
>>
>>8694806
Another anon here but it's so cheap ($2-6 USD) to send stuff with tracking so that's what I'm going to do. I'm half an half paranoid about either it not showing up/being returned and about anon claiming "Well I never got it".

Not saying all anons are like that but there's a bad one in every bunch that's bound to claim they didn't get anything to make an excuse as to why they never sent anything in return.
>>
>>8694861
Even if there's no tracking, there should be a receipt of some kind to show as proof. Or at least take a picture of the parcel.

If anyone can think of a way to reduce the number of flakes that would be great.
>>
>>8694587
There's a huuuuge amount of negativity in this thread.

I've done SS's with both /v/ and /co/ in the past to huge success. We even used to do Amazon wishlist threads where people bought gifts for others for literally nothing in return.
>>
>>8694587
Some people are horrible but most actually take part. You should be viewing it as sending gifts rather than receiving. People will know the risk their taking especially since it's being done anonymously mostly. The bracket is also $5-40 compared to other Secret Santas where they can spend hundreds which makes it more likely for people to want a free present.
It would be sad to receive nothing but that doesn't automatically make the whole thing a failure. Secret Santas have been around for years on 4chan.
>>
>>8692546 this again
So...any news ?
Could we just have a confirmation of our entering submissions, at least to know if there's no mistake in the mail adress to get our match...?
>>
Also wouldn't it be wise for anons to list allergies?
>>
>>8696770
I'll be sending out messages a few days before the submission deadline. That way I can make sure the majority of entrees have correct information. I also work two jobs, technically. I just need to make time to message 40+ people individually, so just hang on to your pantaloons and I'll get it done.

>>8697051
Sending foodstuff can always be a little sketchy. It's too late to add this in to the form now. If you have a severe allergy, and haven't made an entree yet, please make a note of it on your submission. If you have a severe allergy and have already made an entree, feel free to send me a quick email with that information so I can add it in for you.
>>
File: 24508kh.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
24508kh.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>8697141
Thank you for your hard work, Santa-anon!
>>
>>8697141
I meant more along the lines of animal allergies or smoking, etc.
>>
>>8697283
Again, if you have a severe allergy please make note of it either on your submission or by email.
>>
Anyone else already on the look out for possible gifts for your future secret santas? At this rate I'll have a possible gift list a mile long saved on amazon.
>>
>>8698438
I'm just hoping I get someone who wants handmade gifts. I've got a big shipment of jewelry supplies coming in, and I'd love to make print-themed pieces for some lolitas to match their coords. I might make some wristcuffs too!
>>
>>8698465
Aw, that sounds wonderful, anon! I wish I was crafty but lacking skills and supplies. You're bound to get someone that would love your gifts though. I'm on the cosplay side so it's all generic wigs and accessories for me right now.
>>
>>8698438
yep!

>>8698465
i also have shitloads of supplies, and i am preparing another order. i am thinking to email in order to increase my gift output.
>>
File: 2015-11-03 21.01.03.jpg (807 KB, 827x1511) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-03 21.01.03.jpg
807 KB, 827x1511
Let me tell u guys I'm so hype I love putting together presents. Pic related is my gfs bday present
>>
>>8700156
That is some kawaii as fuck packaging and stationery.
>>
Quick opinion/question whatever for other secret santas.. are you all going more towards giving one gift of X amount to your future partner or multiple little gifts that add up to X amount?
>>
>>8700173
I was planning on a bunch of tiny things to add up to X
>>
>>8700221
ditto. I feel like it's more fun receiving multiple items than just 1 even if the items individually have a lower value than the 1
>>
>>8700221
>>8700251
OP here, thanks for answering! I had been thinking about doing little multiple items but I wasn't sure if people preferred to just give one big item and get it over with, so to speak.
>>
>>8700263
I'd rather have one nice item then a bunch of little things. Unless they are accessories, I don't ever use small gifts.
>>
>>8700275
I'll have to agree; I rather one thing of greater value than several nicknacks that I don't know what to do with. Plus less clutter in the house in the long term.
>>
>>8700275
>>8700294
Well, now it's split 50/50. I'm doing cosplay so I'm torn between "Hey these little anime themed accessories would be cute" and "I'll just mail them a wig."
>>
>>8700173
Was thinking multiple cute gifts. Mostly ordering them stuff from Aliexpress.
>>
>>8689159
I know the deadline is the 8th, but will we get the results before the 11th? (To coincide with the big Aliexpress sale)
>>
Hey Seagull Santa, I highly suggest e-mailing the three that run /a/'s secret santa and ask if you can hijack the format that they use and go off that.
Last year, someone else tried to run a /cgl/ ss and it failed miserably, but I've done /a/'s since it started and it has a soild format that works pretty damn well.

sweetsecretsanta2015 AT gmail is the email for this year.
>>
File: 1407105599835.png (106 KB, 337x300) Image search: [Google]
1407105599835.png
106 KB, 337x300
>>8700795
Since I have only one person helping me out, and since some of you want quite a few partners, I can't make any promises that this'll get done by the 11th.
>>
>>8700828
I'm taking part of the Secret S/a/nta this year, too. I've been mulling over the idea of messaging them since I'm still not quite sure what would be the most efficient way of matching everyone up.
>>
>>8700832
I think since they have done it for awhile that they would have a soild method at this point. Plus for crossboarders it would be kind of nice dealing with the same methods with each board.

Just a suggestion. You do you, I'm just trying to help.
>>
I was in the CGL Card Secret Santa last year, we just sent out cards to minimize costs and stress.

I always have this huge paranoia that my card didn't make it to my partner. I put a pack of pink hot chocolate in the envelope and looking back in retrospect it was pretty bulky and suspicious looking. Would they have contacted me if my letter wasn't allowed to be sent? I feel really bad worrying if my partner didn't get it because they sent me the most gorgeous hand drawn card, and a really cute locket

She was from Canada and her name started with an N. If you are there, sister seagull, I absolutely loved your card and I really hope you got mine!
>>
>>8700977
I participate in /a/'s secret santa and one year I mailed hot chocolate packets to a couple overseas anons. They were able to get them (and they were just in the envelope with some bubble wrap covering them) but I had to fill out some paperwork at the post office before doing it.

Thing is, I tried doing the same thing for a person in Mexico the year before and the employee didn't give me any of the paperwork to fill out. I never heard from the person that was supposed to receive the card, so my guess was that the post office never sent it out of the country.
>>
>>8700829
helper here. My schedule is pretty free after the noon of 9th and most of 10th. I think the issue is since there is quite a few with mutiple partners, theres a higher chance that people are going to get santas and assignments that dont share interests.
>>
If we want to send handmade stuff, how do we determine price bracket?
>>
>>8701775
material costs plus skill level based pay per hour. Or something like guestmating something reasonable.
>>
>>8701757
I actually work until 9:30pm on Monday, but I'm sure we'll be able to work something out. I'll contact S/a/nta and see if we can use their format for assigning people like the anon suggested. That should save us some time, hopefully.

Also yeah, this is a good point for people to keep in mind.
> theres a higher chance that people are going to get santas and assignments that dont share interests.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 427x427
>>8700977
Oh my goodness, I thought I would never hear from you again!
I did get your letter and hot chocolate, it was absolutely delicious and I enjoyed it so much.
I actually found your letter and envelope a couple months ago when I was looking though a box for something else. I'll write you again this time too, okay?

I'm also glad to hear you got mine, I thought for sure it would be ripped open in the mail sorter since I could feel it bulging in the envelope.
Thank you again!
>>
I've never participated in a secret santa, but I'm super excited to do this! Thank you to the gull who set this up!
>>
We can only send gifts if we have feedback? What if we don't have any sites where we send things online? Could we just send out cards?
>>
>>8702052
might be a good idea to read the thread love
>>
>>8702054
Sorry, only read the first few posts at first.
>>
>>8701992
I can't believe you saw my message, I'm so happy! I will definitely write to you this year as well! And thank you too so much for the beautiful card, I had such a warm feeling when I got it in the mail. I'm looking forwards to this Christmas even more now!
>>
File: znows.png (246 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
znows.png
246 KB, 529x529
>>8700829
I didn't see this thread, but I am willing to help organize this. I have my skype I can give you as well as help you sort out gulls into groups and everything. I have ran 3 other SS on forums for the past 3 years and this would be my first cgl related one. Let me know if you would like any help at all.
>>
I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT FOR THE RESULTS!
>>
Santa's helper here

Confirmations been sent out. Please reply to tell me if the information is accurate or not. A simple Yes or No+edits would suffice.

You still have time to sign up but don't dilly dally to the last minute. Deadline is now November 8th 20:00 GMT so we can start matching ASAP.
>>
>>8705447
Thanks for your help anon! This is a lot of fun!
>>
Also,

D from England, we need your email, not your tumblr. Please email me at [email protected] with SS EMAIL UPDATE as subject line to change it.
>>
>>8705464
Fuck, I think I autofilled it wrong. I'm sorry! I've just emailed you.
>>
>>8689116
I hate the nose and eyes too close together to be honest, but the coloring is pretty good
>>
>>8705447
Thanks for your help, I could change all my previous mistakes now it's fine. Good luck with the pairing thing !
>>
>>8705447
Replied to the email! Thanks so much for all the help with this. I'm so excited!
>>
>>8705447
I haven't received an email in response to my application, I sent it on the 26th of October, is that okay or should I re-send my email?
>>
>>8705447
I just signed up! hopefully I'm not too late!
>>
>>8705924
Send it again, unless you want to tell me your initials so I can look you up first.
>>
File: 1297367606417.jpg (437 KB, 560x747) Image search: [Google]
1297367606417.jpg
437 KB, 560x747
>>8705447
Got my email and responded, thank you Helper!
>>
>>8705447
Thanks for the confirmation and choice to adjust, I am glad I could alter so much in time!
>>
>>8705464
Emailed, but I haven't had a confirmation email...?
>>
>>8706751
What about now?
>>8705924
Did you get it?
>>
File: iktf.png (4 KB, 136x147) Image search: [Google]
iktf.png
4 KB, 136x147
Finally decided to bite the bullet and submit a application even though my main interest right now is itabag hell. Times like these make me wish I still had my p.o. box, but at least I get to send a card (and I'm gonna craft something regardless probably tbqh) to someone.
>>
>>8706844
Nope, still no confirmation of details. There weren't any issues as far as I know.
>>
K from TX, USA, your email did not work. Please email me at [email protected] with SS EMAIL UPDATE as subject line to change it.
>>
File: xmas.jpg (70 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
xmas.jpg
70 KB, 300x441
>>8684781
Just thought this might help gulls create some cute cards: http://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/6-free-cards
You can customize them with your own images and text and after entering the code CARDSTRIAL during checkout, it will be about $3 shipped in the US for 6 identical cards complete with envelopes! The offer ends Nov 9.
>>
I just missed the deadline. Darn. :(
>>
>>8707267
Sorry about thay just sent a message from a newer account. Thanks so much.
>>
>>8707402
Oh I've done this for cards for my family a few days ago! I probably won't use them all, thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>8707446
Feel free to email me or Santa's Helper tonight if you wish to join. We will give you the necessary questions to answer if you wish to join. Keep in mind that I'm pairing people for gifts right now, so if you do not complete this soon, you may not make it to sign up for a gift.
>>
>>8707821 I'm really pumped for this, I'm refreshing my mail every ten seconds
>>
If you have not received a confirmation email at this point, please send me an email immediately.
If you do not confirm by 10th, we will not assign you a person.
>>
>>8707402
>http://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/6-free-cards
It's not working for me. It says I don't have the minimum number of cards, when I checked and even did everything over, I clearly do.
>>
>>8709504
I just sent my confirmation, I hope it's not too late!!
>>
>>8709950
I had the same issue! Made me sad - I did custom art for the cards.
>>
The aliexpress sale has begun! I hope I get my santas within the day!
>>
>>8711701
Have you gotten your assignment yet?I haven't gotten mine, so I don't really know what to look for...
>>
>>8711905
Not yet, but I have been keeping an eye on all sorts of potential gifts at good prices.
>>
File: such pain.jpg (23 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
such pain.jpg
23 KB, 500x288
Seems like Santa's Helper is done sorting through the cards. I'm almost done matching everyone for gifts. Plz don't be mad at Santa if you're partner isn't a 100% match. The names blend together after awhile. We'll try having all the mail sent out within the next day or two.
>>
File: yaaas.jpg (60 KB, 551x600) Image search: [Google]
yaaas.jpg
60 KB, 551x600
>>8712554
Can't wait! How many people signed up aprox?
>>
>>8712996
I think we've had 60+ people sign up
>>
>>8713005
I'm so sad it's too late to accept more people. I skimmed the thread before the deadline but I couldn't find the form
>>
>>8713005
That's a great amount!
>>
I'm so fucking hyped for this. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I'm ready to spoil the fuck out of my secret santee.

I hope she's a fujo, because I'm a yurifag, and it would be a cute match.
>>
AliExpress 11/11 order is IN. y'all are gettin some shit.

if it arrives in time.

if not, y'all are gettin OTHER shit.

yeah. hope there's some goths out there.
>>
I have a question about cards. I'm not artistically inclined, but I really want to photoshop a ton of husbandos/waifus on a card and print it on cardstock. Is there any software that's decent for card mockups? Or should I just throw it together in sai and print it, putting it together in true handmade fashion?

>>8713005
Also, thank you so much for making this a possibility, Seagull Santa!

>>8713320
I was afraid to order anything I didn't know they liked for sure in case they wouldn't have liked it.. Should I have just sucked it up and ordered something just in case?
>>
>>8712554
Please send them out soon. I want to start shopping for some kawaii shit.
>>
File: 1442139522512.jpg (26 KB, 456x810) Image search: [Google]
1442139522512.jpg
26 KB, 456x810
I'm a card-only person, (since I hadn't received feedback for my first few purchases yet), but I'm sending some gifts out with my cards anyway! I hope my card-receivees enjoy their Christmas.

So excited!
>>
I feel like maybe I should have added more to my interests bit, I didn't wanna.overwhelm my santa with too much info but.I think maybe I was too vague?
>>
>>8712554
God bless you! I hope you paired yourself up with someone good.
>>
>>8713395
Same here! I didn't put specific items, fuck. I should have at least added the Palutena amiibo to my list, dammit.... [nospoilers]i-is it too late to add that bullshit to my list?[/nospoilers]
>>
>>8713547
I just listed the colours I like in lolita and some of the shows and games I like, didn't ask for anything specific at all. I should have put something like amiibos, that's a great suggestion that's easily purchasable and pretty cheap too. Hopefully our Santas don't mind our vagueness!
>>
>>8713321
I didn't order anything either, just in case. We'll be fine, anon, we'll be able to find something in person or that will arrive in time. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>8713591
Same, and I only put one husubando just blanked when i filled it out. r.i.p. me and my santa.
>>
>>8713392
I think I'll be put in the card-only list too, but I'll be sending out gifts with my cards anyway!
I literally just started a new job yesterday, so you can bet your ass people will be getting good stuff, too!
>>
>>8713612
Congrats anon! I just had a job interview and background check the other day so tis the season to earn some cash!
>>
>worry my form was too vague
>google image search the characters, series, and brands i put down as my favorites

i think my SS will have a good idea of my tastes, even if we do not share favorite things! i hope i can divine their tastes similarly.
>>
Bought a load of Rilakkuma shit online for a friend's Christmas presents, but she recently revealed her own haul with duplicates of nearly everything I bought for her. I only signed up for cards, but if my Santa likes Rilakkuma, get excited.
>>
>>8705497
C'mon, anon, it's free art for a secret santa. Post it on /i/ if it bothers you. this is a cheery cinnamon-y Christmas thread in the pit of salt that is /cgl/.
>>
>>8713591
>>8713607
Same here. I just put stuff like my favourite colours and animals plus a couple general interests. I was going to list my favoutite game but I was afraid it would be too obscure and off-topic for /cgl/. Now I feel silly and wish I had just for the sake of it.

It's really neat that we're being paired up with our interests in mind, though! I've never done an online secret santa before and I'd just assumed that the pairings would be based on the amount of money we were willing to spend but otherwise completely random. I really appreciate the word Seagull Santa and co. have put in to make this happen!
>>
>>8714234
I only out the types of crafts I do and one fucking game/husubando not even a ship. I should have put colors I liked. I really kekked the wife on this one.
>>
>>8714234
Instead of wishlist, it became general interest because the nature of what I think it was supposed to be was handmade.
>>
>>8713612
>>8713392
I'm on the card-only list but I'll send out a little token gift. Just a tiny thing that's not enough to stand alone as a gift.
I'm so excited!
>>
>>8689159
>it's closed

Oh man I so wanted to participate in a secret santa that wasn't /a/'s.
>>
>>8712554
I am hyped. Thank you for taking the time to do this!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mobi21Z9Pm1qz4rgp.gif (911 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mobi21Z9Pm1qz4rgp.gif
911 KB, 500x269
>>8713395
>I didn't wanna.overwhelm my santa with too much info but.I think maybe I was too vague?
i am having these same feels.

>>8713547
>I didn't put specific items, fuck.
why didn't i do this

>>8713591
>I just listed the colours I like
why didn't i do this?

>>8714234
>my favourite colours and animals plus a couple general interests.
why didn't i do this?!

>>8714247
>I only out the types of crafts I do
WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS?!
>>
File: 108gx8n.gif (666 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
108gx8n.gif
666 KB, 300x200
>tfw you listed your favorite animes, favorite ships, that you do itabags, and that you like Jfashion as well

All that second and triple guessing my application and inwardly cringing at giving too much information seems to have been worth it?
>>
>>8714507
i assume on the jfash side that knowing someone's specific fashion interest (lolita, aristocrat, otome, etc.) and favorite brands will generate plenty of gift ideas.

a lolita who loves Angelic Pretty and Q-Pot is going to inspire different gifts than a gyaru who likes Jesus Diamente and Liz Lisa, who will inspire even differenter gifts from a vkei-er who likes h. Naoto and Sex Pot Revenge.

i might make a collage of the interests of each of my giftees to help me focus.
>>
File: -u- in bed.jpg (90 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
-u- in bed.jpg
90 KB, 480x640
> mfw what I listed as interests probably makes me look like the fujoshit that I am
No regrets.
>>
If you guys really want to add to your interests, shoot me an email at [email protected] to add a little, not a lot to your general interest, go ahead.

No guarantee that it will be included.
>>
>>8714593
nah, i accept responsibility for my lack of foresight and will apply what i have learned to next time. do not stress yourself!
>>
>>8714554
Fellow fujoshit here. I hope we get paired.
>>
>>8714593
Can I be added to the christmas card list or is it definitely too late?
>>
>>8715600
the form was made two weeks ago and they are already pairing people up. i do not think it is fair to the organizers to interrupt the process and add to their workload. any new person would throw off their whole system, i suspect.

however, since a few people are wanting to join late, a second card-only round could perhaps be begun if anyone wants to organize it. cards would not take as long as gifts to procure and mail.
>>
So what's everyone planning on doing for their Santee?
>>
>>8716602
gonna sing them to sleep every night and bring breakfast to their bed each morning
>>
>>8716603
Topkek

>>8716602
I have these nice pink cards and some cards with macarons in them
>always wanted a penpal since we had to do them in elementary school
>mfw never got one back
>>
>>8716602
Going to try to stalk them to draw a custom card
>>
>>8716602
If I get anyone that even mentions Harajuku fashion, I'm bombarding them with jewelry and accessories.

If it's just cosplay, then I'll mix some cosplay stuff in with anime stuff if they mention their favorite shows/ships.

>mfw third taobao order here I come
Hopefully my new debit card will have arrived by the time we get our match-up emails so I can just go straight to AliExpress.
>>
>>8716602
Lots of cute little gifts I've been noting on Aliexpress for a while.
>>
I'm already signed up - but I'm willing to organize a second chance Card group if anybody is interested? I can take this to a separate thread as well.
>>
I am really hoping I get someone who likes cats and more sweet frilly things, because I have just been absent mindedly crocheting pink and sax doilies and cream colored cat faces and they would look lovely on a card. Maybe I can work on some foxes and deer and bats just in case because those are adorable and common too?
>>
careful not to spoil the surprise, dear gulls!
>>
>>8716996
I think it would still be a surprise considering you don't know who you're going to get.
>>
>>8716996
I'm unoriginal, so I like seeing other's ideas desu. I've never done this before, so seeing other people's gifting ideas kinda makes me think, "Oh! That craft! I forgot I do that, I can xyz!" Like,>>8716969 reminded me that I knit, and I could knit my anon something husbando related. I didn't think to use my own skills before, as sad as that sounds.
>>
>>8716969
I really hope I get you anon! I like bunnies A LOT but I've been saving links to cat stuff in case I get a cat lover!
>>
Hey guys sorry for the delay.

I've sent it out, but I forgot to mention that if you had less cards, its because there wasn't enough unique participants for everybody.

If you see any other discrepancies, email me or CGL Santa.
>>
>>8717220
Thank you to you both for organizing this! I have just received my gift recipient and already have a few ideas churning on what to send out. I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but is it possible for us to get more information on our recipients based on the forms we filled? I was expecting info such as if they are a cosplayer/lolita, preferred handmade gifts, etc, to be shared.
>>
AWW YEH time to shop!!
>into silent hill
oh bb
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.