[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Series and characters you wish people would cosplay more often!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 26
File: disgaea-ps3_00362779.png (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
disgaea-ps3_00362779.png
1 MB, 1200x800
Series and characters you wish people would cosplay more often!

>Disgaea
>Eternal Sonata
>Skullgirls
>>
>>8673591
>Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou
>Yu Yu Hakusho
>Saint Seiya
>Personas from Shin Megami Tensei series
(there are some cool looking personas)

>Other characters from Final Fantasy series
(instead of the same ones)

>Hokuto no Ken
>>
>>8673591
Forgot to mention
>Tokyo Mew
>Card Captor Sakura
>>
>>8673591
Mother fucking Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
>>
>>8673830
>>8673591
I really wanna cosplay Relm from FF6 and Umbrella from Skullgirls. I'd also love to see more Saint Seiya for sure though.
>>
>Disgaea

Aww yeah.
>>
>>8673591
shin megami tensei demons
>>
>>8673830
YYH god yes!!

Also No More Heroes, Killer7, Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5
>>
Pre-Awakening Fire Emblem. Especially the Japan-only ones.
>>
>>8673880
>Killer 7
Good times, i still play it on my ps2!
>>
>>8673830
>Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou
I liked a lot of the designs but the show itself was pretty shitty so I can see why people wouldn't want to dress from it.
>>
>>8673865
i hope there will be some new cosplays of it with the new game coming out
>>
I want more cosplays from manga without anime adaptations in general. Also:
>Houkago no Pleiades
>Kuragehime (especially the manga dresses)
>Mawaru Penguindrum
>Tokyo Mew Mew, Sugar Sugar Rune, mahou shoujo that aren't Meguka/ Sailor Moon in general
>Idols that aren't LL (Im@s, WUG!, PriPara, etc.)
>CLAMP
>Boku no Hero Academia
>RPGmaker games
>>
>>8673869
This (any Kazuma Kaneko designs in general, Maken X and DDS have great ones) and Five Star Stories.

Also Baten Kaitos, both games in the series had fantastic character designs.
>>
Etrian Odyssey and Valkyrie Profile.
>>
>The World Ends With You
>Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
>Magic Knight Rayearth
>Any Arina Tanemura series
>>
>>8673833
>Card Captor Sakura

While agreed, I'd love to cosplay Tomoyo but the issue is that I don't look like a petite 10 year old.
>>
>>8673591
>Eternal Sonata
I did a Chopin costume last spring. The hat was garbage, but the coat and pants came out nice.
>>
>>8674102
Would love to see it! I really want to do either Polka in her green dress, or March if I can get my friend to do Salsa with me
>>
>Mfw I want to do a Rozalin, Falsetto, and Masako Natsume cosplay within the next year
I'll do you proud sweeties
>pls more Penguindrum always and forever
>>
>>8674060
>Idols that aren't LL (Im@s, WUG!, PriPara, etc.)

That is what I would also like to see. I don't mind Love Live but other series have amazing outfits like Aikatsu.
>>
>>8674259
Op here, you are amazing!

I'm makinga Flonne cosplay right now, as well as Bloody Marie from Skullgirls!
>>
More Precure please
>>
>>8674060
>idols that aren't LL
>tfw u got into LL before it was popular and you were going to cosplay nico but now it's become 2015's basic bitch-tier cosplay

also
>rpgmaker games
does ib count? i'm not sure if you meant lesser-known games but i did an ib cosplay and my boyfriend did garry. i'll see if i can dig up pictures, if you want.
>>
Shaman King
Elite Beat Agents
Star Driver (dumb show but damn those outfits)
Dead Leaves
Otoyomegatari
>>
File: IMG_1471.jpg (323 KB, 463x979) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1471.jpg
323 KB, 463x979
>>8674219
It was incredibly uncomfortable to wear due to the shoes being a half size too small, so I unfortunately have very few pics of it. This is the best shot I have of the whole thing, and I had to blur my face as I wasn't wearing the proper makeup at the time, was getting very little sleep, and fighting a cold, so I looked especially hellish.
>>
>>8674345
>Star Driver (dumb show but damn those outfits)

>>8674346 here again! I also did Takuto's Ginga Bishounen outfit!
>>
Ones that they actually like instead of bandwagoning.
>>
>>8674077
>MKR group dream cosplay since I was 12
>no-one else knows about it so no-one will do it with me
I should just suck it up and go it alone, but 12 year old me would be so disappointed.
>>
>>8673830
>Personas from Shin Megami Tensei series

You meant demons, right anon?
>>
>>8673591
>Disgaea

This is where we differ. All I ever see is Disgaea cosplays. I want to see the other NIS games get some cosplay love like La Pucelle and Rhapsody.
>>
All non-japanese vocaloids, especially the english ones
>>
>>8674804
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one triggered whne someone calles demons "personas"
To add to thread, more Houkago Play and Oreshika.
>>
File: plenair.jpg (84 KB, 555x897) Image search: [Google]
plenair.jpg
84 KB, 555x897
>>8673591
The lack of Disgaea cosplay is actually what's prompting me to start working on Plenair! I wish I could find more people that loved it enough to cosplay with me.
>>
File: sayonara_zetsubou-sensei.jpg (246 KB, 590x371) Image search: [Google]
sayonara_zetsubou-sensei.jpg
246 KB, 590x371
PLEASE
>>
>>8674304
Not yet, but soon. After I'm free from LL hell. But friends are wanting a Disgaea group and I'm totally in, it needs more love and all the designs are super fun and stylized. Hell, I've even considered cosplaying a generic class like nekomata or Succubus as well.
>>
>>8674346
PIU GRAVE
>>
>>8674832
It must be very depending on where you live. I live in an European country and I have never seen a Disgaea cosplay in my country, and I have been going to conventions since 2009

>>8674926
Do it!
>>
File: Wakfu.jpg (338 KB, 960x537) Image search: [Google]
Wakfu.jpg
338 KB, 960x537
>>8674259
I've done 4 disgaea costumes. I think I'm the only one who's actually done the specific character. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some Japanese cosplayer has done it and I've just never seen it pop up.

Man, I really need to cosplay from disgaea again. Though if I want to cosplay past 2, I need to sit down and play 3 and 4.

One series I'd like to see cosplay from is Jing King of Bandits. Besides Jing anyway. Some of the girls have cute designs. I've also watched through Wakfu, so I'd love to see more cosplay from that. Need to look into the game since apparently they have it in English now.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 313x470
>>8673591
>>8673865
>>8674832
>>8674926
>>8675179
>>8675187
There is no shortage of disgaea cosplay out there, it's just most of them are of etha and occasionally Laharl/flonne. You have lit ever see anyone not the main cast of hour of darkness. Let alone other games by Nippon Ichi Software like phantom brave or, la plunge tactic Grimm Grimore
>>
Bit stupid, but I would really love to see more Monster High and Ever After High cosplays. Especially the Thronecoming dresses
>>
>>8675201
Disgaea is one of their more popular series but cosplay from it has died quiet a bit outside of a few main cast characters(I usually see the occasional Flonne cosplayer) unless they're ones working the NIS booth.

Out of the stuff they've developed. Disgaea is definitely their most popular series. If you throw in stuff they've distributed, then you get stuff like Dangan Ronpa taking the spot. But yeah. I'd say Disgaea is their top spot cosplayed series.
>>
>>8675187
Yessss Wakfu
I'm working on a Yugo cosplay at the moment but I've not found many other fans...
>>
>>8675201
like stated here, >>8675179 , this must wary a lot depending on where you live. In my country japanese games just aren't as popular, and I have yet to see a Disgaea cosplay in person
>>
File: eva.jpg (19 KB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
eva.jpg
19 KB, 400x326
>>8675213
I just registered an account to play the mmo. Netflix has both seasons and the 3 part OVA dubbed and subbed.

I think if I wanted to do a main cast character it'd probably be Eva in her season 2 outfit. Though I do like OVA Amalia with the antler head piece.
>>
File: 1431725424417.jpg (1 MB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
1431725424417.jpg
1 MB, 801x1200
More Pazudora
>>
>>8675201
>>8674832
I'm actually planning an Ash cosplay and a ZHP cosplay.
Can't wait for no one to recognise me or even know who I'm dressed as.
>>
File: tumblr_naudi9A7LO1rztdgoo1_500.jpg (44 KB, 433x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_naudi9A7LO1rztdgoo1_500.jpg
44 KB, 433x720
>>8675658
This, I'd love to cosplay Awoken Sakuya someday
>>
more cosplay from mobile-only games
>>
>>8674362
who did you want to be, anon? I've always loved Umi, but I liked Fuu a lot too
>>
I'd like to see more Monster Hunter cosplays that aren't the same 5 sets.

also
> Drakengard
> Etrian Odyssey
> Souls (that aren't Solaire)
> Precure
> .hack//
> Atelier
> Gantz (literally every cosplay sluts dream)
> Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Basara
>>
File: Ramlethal_Valentine.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
Ramlethal_Valentine.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>8676267
>Gantz
Good taste
>Precure
Bad taste, shit is everywhere.
I'd like to see more Blazblue and GG that isn't I-NO or Taokaka
>>
>>8676310
>Blazblue and GG that isn't I-NO or Taokaka
What? There are tons of Ragna, Jin, Noel, and Bang cosplayers.
>>
>>8676467
I've legit never seen any Jin or Noel cosplayers.
Though I can say I've seen more Taokaka cosplays than I've years I've been alive.
>>
>>8674926
Pleinair was actually my first cosplay that I ever sewn/handsewn when I was younger!
It was so fun and easy to wear! Go for it!
>>
>>8674926
I remember making a Laharl costume years ago for a friend of mine. He was kinda short skinny guy, showed me the costume and I got to work. When we got to AWA he decides he needs to shave all his really dark body hair off and I tell him to use hair remover, cheap and easy Avon stuff. Works like a charm.

He goes off and grabs nair instead. left it on too long and gets some small chemical burns on his legs. He didn't want to use the other one because it has Urea in it. "you moron that is what makes it work, nair is acid."
>>
>>8673892
>mfw love Radiant Dawn and find this
Those terrible Laguz. And why is the beard a different color?
>>
Drakengard/Nier
>>
>evillious chronicles that isn't story of evil

i know it's the only arc of the series that's really widely known but come on
>>
>>8676565
Playing Nier right now, have a huge group for Drakengard 3 next year. I'm so glad my friend got me into it!
>>
>>8678056
it's such a shame that hardly anyone knows of this series.
I dressed up as One this past spring and had only 3 people recognize me.

And i can only imagine how many people will recognize me when i do Nier in a few months.
>>
>>8678251
Man, I need to replay the first two and buy 3. I finished all but one ending in the first game, and played through once on the second.
>>
i would scald my balls in a cup of boiling coffee just to see a single deadly premonition cosplay
>>
>>8674922
To be fair the Persona series does have some original designs that aren't in other Megaten games.
>>
>>8678251
If you do Kaine I'll probably jump for joy and have a fan girl moment
>>
>>8673830
I would love to do Botan from YYH but I don't have a friend to cosplay with and I would feel silly just being a random Botan.
>>
File: the power of the skullheart.jpg (84 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
the power of the skullheart.jpg
84 KB, 639x960
>>8674304
>>8673591
>>8673859
I also wish there was more skullgirls cosplay. I did Bloody Marie at last year's Katsucon and I'm hoping to finish Annie and Filia soon. I also did Parasoul at D*Con.

I would love to see more Odin Sphere cosplay other than Gwendolyn as well as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Hidamari Sketch
>>
>>8675187
Do NOT watch the English version

I'm upset I donated to that kickstarter
>>
>>8678251
Please do no nip child. I've seen a lot of Drakengard 3 cosplay after I picked it up last year but maybe that's because you are more likely to see stuff when you recognize it? Idk people like mangafreak have done cosplays from it. Either way they are beautiful outfits and I'm so glad I gave this strange series a chance!
>>
File: CG0u6c0UgAIe08A.jpg (82 KB, 507x713) Image search: [Google]
CG0u6c0UgAIe08A.jpg
82 KB, 507x713
>>8675692
I know you said Awoken Sakuya but if you end up doing it one day, you can't pass up the opportunity to do this pose.
>>
>>8675009
I really want to cosplay Kiri one day, looks like it would be a comfortable costume.
>>
Vocaloid, except the over used Miku/Kaito/Meiko/Luka/Kagamine twins
>>
>>8678297
I mean I'm cosplaying the character Nier.
>>
>>8675658
I love Pad but I feel like some girls wouldn't be recognisable with all the crazy shit they have going on.
Tfw I wanna cosplay dKali
>>
File: Ava1.png (305 KB, 599x457) Image search: [Google]
Ava1.png
305 KB, 599x457
>Avas Demon
>Red Garden
>>
>>8674060
Yesss penguindrum! I really want to do ringo.
>>
>>8678400
Too late. I watched the whole thing dubbed in English. Man that voice acting was bad. I guess I just enjoy pain
>>
>>8675699
Dude. Fucking Puzzles and Dragons cosplay!

I thought it'd be cute to cosplay Gyro from Final Fantasy Record Keeper.
>>
File: Azumanga Daioh.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Azumanga Daioh.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
>>
More magical girls that aren't sailormoon, I think we're over-doing it at this point.
Bring back Nana and Parakiss, too.

>>8678939
My dear friend.
>>
>>8674069
>Five Star Stories
I might do Muse Van Reyback in the very distant future, but I fear that nobody'll get it as there seem to be few FSS fans in the west.
>>
>>8676472
I did noel once a couple years ago. Was store bought and more of joke so though pics were taken ive never seen any. Really expected to see me in a cringethread.
>>
>>8678561
I can't believe people got so mad that dragon waifu wasn't drawn well enough they actually got Kozaki to change it.

Amazing.

But I promise you, I'll do the pose.
>>
>>8680481
Seconded, it'd be such a good group cosplay because it's easy/simple, and everyone has "that one friend" that matches up to each character at least somewhat. Sort of like Ouran groups.
>>
File: 00base03.jpg (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
00base03.jpg
203 KB, 800x600
99% of the visual novels I like
>>
Symphogear
Vividred Operation
Paradise kiss
Real Idol costumes
Utena
>>
File: 29238211.png (1 MB, 1500x2136) Image search: [Google]
29238211.png
1 MB, 1500x2136
>>8673591
>Legion of Superheroes
>Blazblue
>World Domination Plot
>Game of Laplace
>Shin Megami Tensei with Raidou
>Cyberbots
>YYH
>No need for Tenchi
>World ends with you

>>8675009
>Want to cosplay as the teacher
>Can't because I'm black
>>
>>8684635
>LoS
Been planning either Lyle or Brainaic for some time

>TWEWY
Neku is also on my list.
>>
>>8678251

This series needs more love honestly. I cosplayed One too for a con this summer and I was so happy to find a Zero. Two and Furiae are definitely some of my plans in the future!
>>
-Wadanohara (characters that are not Wada or her familiars unless it's the version of them grown up since the default version has been done a million times)
-Kaitou Joker
-Sweet Fuse (my dream is to see more than the 3 cosplays that are floating around online)
-Yugioh monsters that are done less often

>>8674060
>Mawaru Penguindrum
Man, that reminds me, I really have to remake my Shouma cosplay. It's a trainwreck but at least my penguin plush turned out nicely.

>>8674060
>RPGmaker games
Do you have any specifics in mind? I think it's been done a lot (Ib, Wada, Mad Father etc) but of course it depends on the game.
>>
File: Dis-fighterfem.jpg (154 KB, 702x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dis-fighterfem.jpg
154 KB, 702x1000
Old Dreamcast, PS1, and PS2 JRPGs. I saw a Kidd from Chrono Cross 2 Colossalcons ago, and I saw a picture of someone's Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) on FB recently. I really want to see some Shadow Hearts and Grandia.

>>8675201
I've really wanted to cosplay Vyers, but I'm not a dude.

The female Brawler would be my top choice, since she was one of my primary characters to use back in the days of the original HoD PS2 release, but I'm just not dedicated to the hobby enough to want to spend the money.

>>8678939
>Red Garden
Yes!!!

And any of the older Gonzo series that weren't fanservicey bullshit, like Last Exile, Gankutsuou, or Speed Grapher.

>>8684763
>Yugioh monsters that are done less often
Ugh, something other than Dark Magician and DMG. I want to see some Gemini Elf or Ma'at, personally.

On that note, I wish I'd see more Yugioh DM human characters done by guys, not screaming fangirls. The struggle is real when you're a huge Ishtar fan and all you ever see is fujoshit doing the anime interpretation of Malik's vest outfit, edgelords as Yami Malik, and almost no Ishizu's or Rashid's.
>>
>>8675846
I always wanted to be Fuu because I have/had similar hair and glasses, but I'm 5"1 and I think I'd be a much better Hikaru.
>>
>>8684763
I'd love more Dreaming Mary, The Witch's House, Mogeko characters other than Wada herself, Corpse Party, GOOD Ib and Yume Nikki, pretty much everything.
>>
>love Valkyria Chronicles
>nobody knows what it is
>surprise PC port brings it back to everyone's attention
>strike while I have the opportunity and decide to cosplay Welkin
>only a few people recognize me but decide to keep it as my "main" cosplay at the next con I go to later this year because I love wearing it
>Sega trademarks a new Valkyria Chronicles game this week

C-can I hold out hope, anons?
>>
>>8678939
I love Red Garden, but the clothes are so normal looking that I don't want to cosplay from it in a con setting. I'd do a shoot if I could get a group together though. I'd make a decent Rachel.
>>
>>8685076
Same anon, I'm still deciding between Fuu and Hikaru for 2016
glad to see more anons planning MKR cosplays

also to contribute to the thread:
-Legend of the Galactic Heroes
-Utena
-Fafner
-CCS characters that aren't Sakura and Syaoran (and not just the same 3 outfits always)
>>
File: 1411694233295.jpg (677 KB, 1480x932) Image search: [Google]
1411694233295.jpg
677 KB, 1480x932
Series needs no explanation but I want to see more Clara Doll cosplayers from Madoka Magica: Rebellion
>>
>>8676310
I cosplayed Jin AGES ago. I don't want to do that again. I'm doing Naoto or Hibiki for Acen depending.

Also when did you get into cosplay or GG because there used to be a TON of GG cosplayers in the midwest and East coast outside of I-no. I knew a guy who did Sol every year at Acen too as well as Bridget. Same dude did Overture Sol too.
>>
File: I'm so done.png (258 KB, 470x318) Image search: [Google]
I'm so done.png
258 KB, 470x318
>>8684638
>Lyle or Brainiac
Wait BRAINY Brainiac 5? Are you serious?! If you do post pictures.

I wanted to do Lyle but people would mistake me for Foccart.
>>
>>8674315
The fact that you were going to cosplay Nico in the first place makes you basic bitch-tier.
>>
>Idolm@ster
>Show by Rock
>Samurai Warriors
>Azumanga Daioh
>Persona 1 and 2 and other SMT games

Now that Love Live is so popular, I'm really hoping some other idol series will get more well-deserved attention, too.
>>
>Crime Edge
>FF games that are not 7, 8, 10, 13, 4
>>
>>8687977
I really want to do more idol cosplays. I still love Idolm@ster, AKB0048, and I want to cosplay Maria from Aikatsu. But I just can't get into Pretty Rhythm or Pripara.
>>
File: ani_The_Big_O_embers.gif (991 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
ani_The_Big_O_embers.gif
991 KB, 500x331
I think I could swing the suit and dress for my kids, but I'd have to win the lottery and quit my job to build that Mega-Deus...
>>
>>8675203
I have thronecoming apple planned for next year! I post pics in the wip threads a lot anon so look out~
>>
>>8673591
I did eliza earlier in the year OP! Two girls from the same con also did Parasoul and Squiggly. Thinking of picking up Valentine later this year, but not sure yet.

But yea
>skullgirls, also
>assassination classroom
>wixoss
>no more heroes (it's probably too old to pick up any popularity now though)
>twewy (although probably in the same spot as nmh)
>rozen maiden
>space dandy
>junketsu no maria
>>
>>8689413
no more heroes because its the most FUN
>>
>>8675187
Hi-fives, Wakfu brotha.
>>
>>8675203
A friend of mine is planning Cerise Hood as her next cosplay.
>>
>>8680521
Sobbing cause no one knows Gokinjo Monogatari. Such interesting and cute potential outfits/cosplays!
>>
>>8684975
>I really want to see some Shadow Hearts and Grandia.
Grandia! I've never seen anyone cosplaying from any of the games, makes me so sad. Seen a lot of Alice from SH though.
>>
File: 1441342347039.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441342347039.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>8674074
>Valkyrie profile
My nigga
>>
I'd really love to see more 80s Nintendo cosplays. I really love the retro art assets and I don't see them cosplayed too often. I'd also love to see more classic Dragon Ball cosplay and I'm seconding that one anon who said YYH.
>>
File: 1415582698558.jpg (601 KB, 782x800) Image search: [Google]
1415582698558.jpg
601 KB, 782x800
>>8676565

This. Drakengard 3 was basically made for cosplay.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.