[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crossplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18
File: received_1241216512570839.jpg (87 KB, 1198x2048) Image search: [Google]
received_1241216512570839.jpg
87 KB, 1198x2048
Any tips, /cgl? Am newb is sorry
>>
Follow the same hair and skin care advice that cis girls do with the following additions

- Cover up lingering beard shadow with thicker concealer
- Wear a lot of "shapewear" (Spanx and stuff like it)
- Frilly, poofy crap lolita hides your broad shoulders pretty well
- If you're going to use the men's restroom please cough or sigh or something so that the other dudes don't get too mindfucked in case they get violent at the thought of a "lady" using the men's restroom
>>
>>8673272
Not a crossplayer, but nice series/girl choice, anon! If you're ever in the North East, we could cosplay Oreimo together and be cute.

I'd recommend falsies+circle lenses to make your eyes look much girlier. If you're new to makeup, TheSushiMonster did a really nice cosplay makeup tutorial that's pretty extensive. Posting 1st part.
>>
File: trapguide 1.png (483 KB, 1280x756) Image search: [Google]
trapguide 1.png
483 KB, 1280x756
>>
File: trapguide 2.jpg (2 MB, 1084x3072) Image search: [Google]
trapguide 2.jpg
2 MB, 1084x3072
>>8674127
>>
Not exactly the best guides or anything, but I found these to be interesting watches for MtF crossdressing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n3Db6pMQ-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM_uPPvXUXs
>>
I'm crossplaying as Sailor Moon characters with a group of other guys. What do guys normally wear under skirts besides briefs? Should I get a pair of basket ball shorts?
>>
>>8678283
Spats
>>
Also don't be ugly
>>
>>8678891
Spats cover your feet. I think you're referring to tap pants. Anon, don't wear basketball shorts, they'll be bulky and awful. Wear some skintight, short shorts.
>>
>>8673272
>3
Put a bag over your head
>>
>>8679030
The spats >>8678891 is referring to are compression shorts, not the footwear.
>>
>>8678283
Why wear anything >:D
>>
File: 1444272213457.jpg (67 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
1444272213457.jpg
67 KB, 512x768
>>8679144
This is how it's gonna go OP
>>
File: CRaBa8CUsAA9YBX.jpg (47 KB, 600x759) Image search: [Google]
CRaBa8CUsAA9YBX.jpg
47 KB, 600x759
For being such a worst boat, Shimakaze sure is difficult to cosplay.

I'll order a replacement wig soon.
>>8674106
>please cough or sigh or something so that the other dudes don't get too mindfucked
But that's the fun part.
>>
>>8674106
> in case they get violent at the thought of a "lady" using the men's restroom
On second thought this is extremely unlikely to happen, especially at a con, because it's full of people dressed in all sorts of silly, girly shit and in this culture there isn't a fear of women preying on men with the intent of committing some sort of depraved sex crime.

Some crossplaying Hetalia cosplayer (FtM) got maced when she went to the bathroom as Russia and convincingly passed.
>>
>>8673272
Tip 1: Don't do it, you weirdo.

Tired of seeing skinny pimply dudes in schoolgirl outfits. I know you're just waiting to get hit on by some dude who doesn't care that you're really a gay guy in a skirt.
>>
>>8674106
>in case they get violent at the thought of a "lady" using the men's restroom

I rrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy doubt any man is going to care if a woman walked into the men's restroom. Its woman that have a problem with it.
Also, its a con, no one is going to assume someone's sex.
>>
>>8685992
Joke's on you, nerd. I want a girl to step on my dick while wearing a skirt as she laughs and calls me a pervert.
>>
>>8686480
I don't care if you crossplay, but keep your fetishes out of /cgl/. Focus on the cosplay.
>>
Tips female to male?
>>
>>8686544
Anything in particular?
>>
File: 20151025_171417-1.jpg (2 MB, 1921x1944) Image search: [Google]
20151025_171417-1.jpg
2 MB, 1921x1944
All of crossplays have been non serious but I'm thinking about trying to go trap mode for my akari. Do you guys think if I apply some make up I could pass or come close to it?
>>
>>8686507
Suck my dick.
>>
>>8686680
Maybe not quite pass, but you could improve by shaving your arms, cleaning up those giant brows, and wearing makeup. While you're at it, get a new wig and iron your cosplay.
>>
>>8686684
Yeah the cosplay just came in and I'm not happy with the wig at all. I'm planning on taking care off the body hair when the time comes same with ironing the cosplay.
>>
>>8686011
No one would care, I've been crossplaying for the last 3 years and I haven't had problems. I've also kept my beard though.
>>
>>8685992
So you like fat guys?
>tfw clear skin but not fat or overly muscular
Unless you are a dude then why so judgemental?
>>
>>8686683
Dude, that's gay.
>>
>>8686584
Basic face make-up
Also, I not have a blinder, but I have tiny boobs. Should I put anything in my boobs or only put a small bra?
>>
>>8687131
Depends on the character. Certain less well-endowed characters lend themselves well with just padding a bra or stuffing chicken cutlets into one, but there are other characters that will require an actual beast prosthesis (the guide to making one has been posted here about a hundred times). Would definitely at least pad with something no matter what though, remember that you're having to make up for having wider waist and shoulders with narrower hips, so anything to help distract from that will help
>>
>>8686011
I had some dude try to stop me from going into the bathroom at a con until I told him I was a dude. Followed by someone taking a picture of me at the urinals. I actually spent the rest of the weekend not eating or drinking anything on the con floor just to avoid having that happen again
>>
>>8689685
Other way around, they're going ftm.

Still, depends on the character and how tight-fitted the clothing is. I would err on the side of wearing a binder.
>>
>>8686507

Look at all those assumptions and assumptioning
>>
File: 20151029_042752_compressed.jpg (283 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20151029_042752_compressed.jpg
283 KB, 720x1280
First attempt at Haruma's Gumi.

Some things I noted:
-Replace gloves with something less makeshift.
-Get a tie with a smaller width.
-Look into fake+painted nails.
-Look into getting a steamer since I can only assume that an iron would be a poor choice to get the wrinkles out of this dress.
>>
10/10 would be sexually confused by
>>
>>8673272

Makeup like a stage perfomer. Foundation, eyeliner, blush, lipstick, etc.
Unless people are feeling you up, electric razor on closest setting can get off enough hair. Past five feet noone can even see, unless you hold perfectly still.
Except on your face. Shave that shit.
Practice having a higher voice. Only takes a work week to make a noticeable difference. (Be able to maintain a less thick bass end without straining yourself).
Learning to move like female makes difference. Don't stand straight. Be curvy. Walk with shorter steps.
Find a costume that covers wrists, and hopefully hands. Hands, knees, and shoulders are things that can give away.
Hairstyle makes a huge difference too. Long/voluminous is very feminine.
Shop at value village, and internet for shoes. Like now. You'll probably need to order these.
Having a choker/something to cover neck area can help.
>>
File: adhaetjzrjnmksrztj.png (410 KB, 597x839) Image search: [Google]
adhaetjzrjnmksrztj.png
410 KB, 597x839
I really grew fond of this Tsugumi Witch costume from the Nisekoi spinoff. I also thought about using it as an option for a first time c(r)ossplay, since it is somewhat different and doesn't have too many details to take care off and therefore hopefully beginner friendly.

But there's one thing that bugs me alot. Her cleavage. Is it in someway possible to fake boobs properly with such a revealing dress on the top side? I have seen/read about lots of different techniques to solve that problem, whether being it crossplays or girl who do not want to reveal her real breasts/are anxious about a slippy accident. But all of them where max. revealing half of that area and not like "two spoons covering the necessary" as illustrated.

Wat to do?
>>
>>8694530
Solution - don't pick a cleavage-heavy costume unless you have the money to get properly nice breast forms which cost a bomb. Seriously.
>>
Careful for boys dressed as girls.
In addition to the possibility of making you feel sexually uncomfortable, do not forget that they, like you, possess a dick and can still take your bitch.
>>
>>8694947
Guess better it is to prevent massive cringe.
>>
>>8691307
crossplay done right!!!!
>>
>>8673272
Give up.
>>
>>8696572
cold blooded, anon
>>
>>8695120
wat
>>
Use wig to frame face and round it out!
>>
It helps if you have a bit of a baby face.
>>
If you don't have a nice mug don't attempt it.
>>
How would I make my chin more manly if I'm a girl crossplaying as man? I have a round shaped face.
>>
File: 20151030_204404.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151030_204404.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
Hey I got a question. I recently started crossplaying and I was happy with my first try. Could you look at my picture and let me know how to improve on this? I wanna get better at this.
>>
>>8701564
This can be said for all cosplay.
>>
File: tumblr_nam1rsWnWK1tk1yswo1_500.png (649 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nam1rsWnWK1tk1yswo1_500.png
649 KB, 500x706
>>8702736
you should get some fake bottom and top eyelashes and some eye lid tape. theyre a bitch to put on, but they can make a huge difference in the finished product.
you look pretty good already though, maybe thin your brows out a little bit too?
>>
Best way to do boobs, other than buy a bra and pad the shi out of it?
>>
>>8702736
aren't you one of the gogo twins
>>
>>8704808

This one's a gogo twin and a gogo twin gf
>>
>>8704845
hawt
>>
>>8704305

http://technoranma.tumblr.com/post/111435123211/the-boobs-you-made-for-your-cosplay-what-material#notes

youd still have to wear inserts or whatever but if you're doing a slutty cosplay, this would help
>>
>>8691307
fuckfuckfuckfu kfu kfu kffuck why can't I look this good, I'm a grill
>>
>>8702736
Some blush and getting more arch/higher brows would help as well! You have a really cute facial structure so I don't think you have far to go
>>
File: ydch.jpg (43 KB, 960x440) Image search: [Google]
ydch.jpg
43 KB, 960x440
>>8704845
Tuck game is top tier.
I've looked at so many god damn tutorials and I still can't do it RIP
>>
>>8702736
Gross. You're gross.
>>
>>8713454
Is there a way to lower the amount of body hair in general? bc i do shave but, my body hair grows way too fast and it drives me nuts.
>>
>>8716808
Waxing takes a little longer to grow back. Laser treatments and/or electrolysis are the only way to actually thin out the hair for good though.
>>
Is there any kind of special padding out there that will make a petite girl waist look more rectangular/masculine? I've tried wrapping fabric around my waist and holding it together with safety pins, but it kept riding up and eventually one of the pins stabbed me.
>>
>>8716917
Also - I forgot to mention that my chest is tiny when I bind, like only 30 inches. Is there a way to add width to a small chest too?
>>
>>8717014
QuantumDestiny and Glayish have good tutorials on padded muscle shirts they use for crossplay. This would be a good place to start for padding out your chest/waist.
>>
>>8691307
Dat lotion and toilet paper roll tho
>>
>>8718060
>lotion
>toilet paper

cannot unsee
>>
>>8686011
Many dudes really flip out if a chick walks into the men's toilet. It's kind of funny, actually.
Source: I'm a chick who will use the men's room at events if the line to the women's is too long.
>>
>>8718394
Man's gotta be a man.
>>
Thanks for the replies on my previous post. Here is how my outfit looks, what do you think?
>>
>>8724268
pic where?
>>
>>8724268
It looks amazing anon
>>
>>8724268
It looks like nothing I've ever seen!
>>
File: received_1225161434177649.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1225161434177649.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
Sorry for the earlier post guys, I didn't know the picture did not upload. Here it is.
>>
>>8725240
You're cute but that shirt is not flattering, it's too loose and looks strange around your neckline and draws attention to your lack of breasts. Your form is shapeless with all the loose clothing, and the jacket looks like a cheap izaya cosplay. You are also posing with your legs very far apart with toes pointed outwards, which is a masculine stance.

Solid start though! You have a cute face.
>>
The fast way to do it is to cover up your shoulders, neck, eyes, and anything that has hair. Also clean your face.
>>
>>8725240
good start
>>
Crossplay looks awful. Even if crossplay is done well, a cosplay of the same quality but with the correct gender always looks better, it's just one more accurate detail.
>>
>>8737401
I feel like a lot of male cosplays don't look as good as female ones when they wear wigs. There are exceptions, but that's mostly how I feel.
>>
Anyone know a tutorial to get fake muscles (as in look muscular under an outfit) when crossplaying as a guy?
>>
>>8673272
Don't.
>>
>>8737401
It depends on the male character tho, some of the shota/bishounen look a lot better when cosplayed by women just because they're not masculine at all.
>>
File: 6404014.jpg (18 KB, 618x360) Image search: [Google]
6404014.jpg
18 KB, 618x360
>>8737448
since you apparently can't scroll up and/or google:

http://glayish.tumblr.com/post/47827554647/muscle-suits
>>
I've seen a bunch of tutorials on using spirit gum and crepe wool that look good and all, but I want stubble. does anyone have a tutorial on stubble that doesn't look like someone smeared mud on their face?
how do the movie makeup artists do it?
>>
>>8740703
I don't have any experience, but from what I heard back in my little film school phase, faking good-looking stubble takes some serious skill.
>>
a stipple sponge and the appropriate color is amazing for realistic stubble. using a few different colours and doing some contouring on your jaw/chin first goes a long way, too
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.