[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HALLOWEEN COSTUME QUESTIONS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 255
File: cgl-halloween.jpg (143 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cgl-halloween.jpg
143 KB, 800x600
Is it that time of year already?

Welcome visitors from other boards. Please direct all your costume and Halloween shenanigans questions here.
>>
Recommendations for maid dress? It's a pretty common outfit so maybe someone here has one they really liked they can link.
>>
>>8617388
Bodyline.
>>
What are some good decoration items for a witch hat? I'm either going to make my own hat, or just buy a premade one, decorate the edges with black lace, and add some organza ribbon.

Some witch hat inspiration, please?
>>
File: thathat.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
thathat.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
>>8617403
Hello Batty had pretty cute one that she said was from Spirit, so I often keep an eye out for it. No dice so far.
>>
>>8617403
>cat
>bats
>crow/raven
>flowers
>leaves/nature in general
>bones
Last year I bought one that had a veil, crow, and some flowers on it and it was super cute. Sorry I don't have any pics.
>>
I'm doing a medical themed shironuri coord and I managed to snag a real vintage candy striper pinafore to wear with it. I'm so excited. I go to an art school so I wanted to go really OTT this year with my costume
>>
I just finished making my costume! Now the question is: To add blood or no? I wanted to go for a creepy vibe with my makeup and stuff, but I'm not sure if I want to mess up my creation by staining it with fake blood. I made the apron to possibly splatter blood on instead of the dress itself... what do you think, seagulls?

Also, suggestions for accessories/shoes/wig are welcome.
>>
>>8617565
Way to be original
>>
>>8617567
Really? Come on now. This is Halloween. At least I made mine.
>>
>>8617565
It's beautiful anon! Looks so clean, I wish I have those skills.
I'm too afraid of letting you put blood on it after you spent so long on it, maybe just bloodless guro elements like eyepatches etc?
>>
Any good places to get a renn faire costume? Or just ideas on what to search for?
>>
>>8617565
This looks good! I wouldn't put blood on it, tho.
>>
>>8617565
LOVE it anon.
Don't blood splatter it though, it looks good enough without!
Did you use those patterns from Gosu Rori or did you draft it yourself?
Are you also going to wear a headdress?
I'd go for red shoes, white otks or knee socks.
For a wig, I would go for a bob style with curls so you can show off the neckline, and still look cute.
White or red bag, maybe a big syringe as a prop? Not too many accessories, let the piece itself stand out.

>>8617567
Salty salty.
>>
>>8617565
Please don't stain it with blood, it looks awesome as it is!

Maybe go with a "no face" or "cracked face" doll look?
>>
File: gay ass costume.png (63 KB, 353x800) Image search: [Google]
gay ass costume.png
63 KB, 353x800
>x-post from >>8615070

i've already had one response, but im curious if anyone else has ideas for colour schemes before i get started.
>>
>>8617639
Well, do pink wool and black horns sound good?
>>
>>8617661
that could work! that sounds cute af actually.
>>
>>8617565
Looks all right. Your hem's uneven though. I'm guessing you didn't let your circle skirt hang for a day before hemming. Also move the buttons around on the right side because the upper placket isn't laying properly. And in the future make sure your thread tension is correct so your seams aren't all pulling like they are now. It'll be fine for Halloween though. I think the fake blood would be a nice touch -- there is fake blood that is more washable than others (stuff made for theatre especially), so look around.
>>
>>8617613
I found some decent looking ones on Amazon for ~$20, just look at the reviews.
>>
How would I go about making this? I was thinking maybe chicken wire to help keep its shape, but would it not be strong enough? Would it be better to buy this costume?
>>
File: 1632706.jpg (888 KB, 2912x3728) Image search: [Google]
1632706.jpg
888 KB, 2912x3728
>>8617698
I forgot my picture like an idiot.
>>
I know greasepaint is usually recommended when doing colored facepaint, does the name imply that it goes on fairly thickly or can it be applied lightly? Or are there any recommended alternatives for doing white paint?
>>
>>8617583
>>8617631
Thank you so much! I was thinking some doll-like makeup with an eyepatch would look creepy and cool.

>>8617623
I drafted the pattern myself for this, based on a military uniform pattern from McCall's. Once I started making it, though, I actually only used a couple pieces from the original pattern and made most of them myself. I'm no professional though, which is why it's still a little wonky!
Red shoes and knee socks sounds like a good combination! I also have a bloody syringe charm that I might wear somewhere on me as an accessory.
I'm going to try to make a pill-shaped handbag today to go with this!

>>8617672
This was a rush job, made it in about 18-24 hours over three days while I had access to my sewing machine. So I definitely didn't have time for letting the skirt hang (didn't know that trick though - thank you!).
The buttons don't look super great on the dressform because it's not as busty as I am in real life. Still I think it could lay a little better - I'll see if I can fix that. Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
>>8617565
Don't hurt the dress. Maybe white/ red long or flared gloves like the tf2 medic with blood stains if you really want blood. Face mask is a must. Look up old medical devices like a fleam and maybe put blood on that
>>
>>8617565
hello other medical-themed anon
if you want a retro theme, you should get a cap and brassard
>>
>>8617715
You definitely don't need "grease paint" when doing facepaint! There are lots of professional paints that are easy to work with and readily available.

I personally like water activated paints, although many professional brands do offer creme paints (like Ben Nye). Creme paints will stay sort of tacky all day if you don't seal them and will come off on anything you touch. (Water based paints will come off when they get wet, but when they set they are dry to the touch).

Personally I like Snazaroo, Ruby Red (although if you're doing an all white face, those wouldn't be the ones I recommend), Wolfe FX, Diamond FX, Global, TAG, Mehron Paradise, Kryolan, and Cameleon.

Apply these water based paints by wetting your cake (less water is better, you can always add more), then activating the paint with a sponge (or a brush, but find a kabuki brush for a smooth application.) If you're using a sponge, stipple/pat to apply (don't smear it).
>>
File: fixme3.jpg (44 KB, 500x745) Image search: [Google]
fixme3.jpg
44 KB, 500x745
So, I decided on dressing up as a Trevor Brown nurse, but I'm having a lot of trouble on the actual nurse uniform, apron is no problem, it is just the actual dress. I can't seem to find any patterns where it has that button-up-ish to the neck thing, or any dress to buy that is actually similar-aside from one lingerie-ish dress that is kinda there but ehh.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>8617922
Bodyline has some nurse outfits that should work.
>>
>>8617435
gross
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1000x1500
Any tips on where to get a devil onesie along the lines of pic related? I can't find anything on ebay because I'm unable to sort out the kigurumi...
>>
>>8617973
that particular one was only sold on boohoo that i've been able to find, unfortunately both the male and female version are no longer available.
>>
Can this actually be a sticky?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x400
>>8618033
Yeah, backtracking gave me that too /:
I'd be fine with somethig similar, provided it's not... Pic related, or those black kigurumis.
>>
Does anyone know a good brand of black facepaint that won't smudge or get sweated off? Going to use it to blacken our eyes as ghosts.
>>
File: Gartered-Legs-Open-Wound1[1].jpg (26 KB, 600x329) Image search: [Google]
Gartered-Legs-Open-Wound1[1].jpg
26 KB, 600x329
Anyone got a good tutorial for making prosthetics like this? Latex in a mold or something?

in b4 "just buy them", the seller has dropped off the face of the earth
>>
>>8618180
Why not save money and use woman nylon stockings?
>>
>>8618197
That can be made with food cloloring or fake blood or paint, some glued on matherial and thats about it.
>>
>>8618197
I'd look up tutorials for "zipper faces" or something like this:
http://io9.com/attending-a-masquerade-ball-consider-wearing-your-own-1523958776
>>
File: 1419376010977.png (356 KB, 920x730) Image search: [Google]
1419376010977.png
356 KB, 920x730
>>8618197
jesus christ
>>
Any good tips on how to make a Thor costume for a kid? I can't find any good diy posts or patterns.
>>
Zebra or neon blue heels for a retro costume? Will be worn with orange legwarmers and turquoise leggings.
>>
>>8618207
Well its going to dark. Last year we made masks with that and were half-blind. We dropped a lot of candy when we handed them out and when we trick or treated we kind of just faced the candy giver's general direction instead of looking.
>>
>>8618197
http://laughingsquid.com/bloodied-gartered-legs-prosthetics/

Looking at the prosthetic on the model, looks like you could get away with either using latex paint and coloring over it, or molding the edges with clay or something and gluing that to yourself. Using the tissue paper trick would be helpful here to get the ripped/flayed skin right on the edges.
>>
>>8618300
You must be 18+ to browse 4chan.
>>
>>8618180
Wolfe FX, Diamond FX, TAG, Global. The black is great. If you need it to stay put, use Mehron's Barrier Spray or a similar product to seal it.
>>
>>8618320
Nope. Just two mid-twenties with jobs, and a love for free candy and scaring children.
>>
>>8617706
Bahahah I know exactly who you're trying to be. Excellent taste, anon.
>>
>>8617450
Yeah, I'm trying to find some bat/raven/bone decorations on ebay to put on my hat. I think I might put some roses on it, as well, but I can't really find anything decoration-wise that's big enough/doesn't look fucking retarded.
>>
>>8618387
>captcha asks for images of oranges
Haha thanks, anon!
She's my favorite, and that episode killed me.
>>
>>8617565
Perhaps instead of staining that beautiful cosplay, you can instead go for something like a creepy medical personnel. Or just make/buy yourself a plague doctor mask (pic related) and see how it would look with your cosplay.
>>
>>8617706
Kayochiiiiiin!
>>
>>8617565
Can I commission you to make me one with a longer skirt?! I love this!
>>
>>8618344
Didn't see this! Thanks!
>>
How is the quality of stuff from cosplay sky?
>>
>>8619835
Theyre pretty good depending on which ones you get. Theyre either a hit or miss on some, really good on others. Their prices are pretty OK. They have their own TB so the English site is pretty legit
>>
>>8619841
I've managed to see some photos of it irl and the costume I'm after seems fine, but the the color of the boots to go with it are character inaccurate. Do you know if they accept customizations at all?
>>
>>8617395
If I order from bodyline now, will it get here in time? How long does shipping normally take? Loving costume767
>>
File: witch2.png (1 MB, 1317x1366) Image search: [Google]
witch2.png
1 MB, 1317x1366
Posted this somewhere else, but I'll post it here as well..

Simple witch coord, colors are mainly black with red/tiny gold accents. Making a similar witch hat to the picture with black lace edging, red roses, some organza, maybe a tiny gold chain to link around the top in a drooping manner?

Not sure which pair of shoes to pick, and not sure what to do for legwear. I don't have the exact pointed toe shoes, but it's similar-- laced up oxford pumps in black with a skinny heel, but with a reptile/scaled texture.
>>
>>8620604
Also, I'm only getting the shitty ebay costume jewelry because it's only for Halloween, just before anybody says something about that.
>>
Working on a Sith costume, and the armor is giving me some fits. I've repainted some motocross armor and for some reason the new paint keeps chipping off at every opportunity, even after three layers of coverage, to expose the plastic underneath. Should I use a spray varnish on it, and if so, any tips on using that stuff? I've never varnished anything before, not even Warhammer 40K minis, so any professional assistance would be welcome.
>>
I NEED A COSTUME FOR A CHARACTER THAT HAS A MOUSTACHE AND SUNGLASSES

PLS HELP
>>
>>8620579
questionable unless you get ems
>>
>>8618961
I'm super flattered anon! Unfortunately I'm not in a place right now to take commissions. I made this while visiting my parents' house in the US -- I live in a tiny apartment in Japan most of the time. I'm bringing my sewing machine back with me, but I won't have my studio like I used to :(
>>
>>8620622

Dr Robotnik.
>>
>>8620604
Red shoes, striped tights. Be the wicked witch of the east. (Although the shoes in the original book were silver)
>>
>>8618180
just use a good pigmented black eyeshadow like sugarpill with a primer
>>
>>8620622
fuck off neckbeard.
>>
>>8617752
>This was a rush job, made it in about 18-24 hours over three days while I had access to my sewing machine. So I definitely didn't have time for letting the skirt hang
You can attach weights to the hem to make it adjust faster if you're ever pressed for time.
>>
File: 1440621595261.jpg (660 KB, 1050x700) Image search: [Google]
1440621595261.jpg
660 KB, 1050x700
Can anyone give me some recommendations for vampire teeth? I know they sell a bunch of different kinds in stores and ebay but is there something I should be looking for in specific
>>
>>8621093
Scarecrow fangs
>>
>>8621104
ty anon, I'll keep an eye out today when I go out. I'll get em on ebay otherwise.
>>
>>8621108
Not that anon, but you can buy them online. I've only ever seen that brand in halloween shops like spirit. They're really, really good though. I have the subtle ones and not only are the reusable and easy to mould, they totally look realistic.
>>
>>8617403
>>8617450
Dollarama has upped their game on halloween stuff this year and they have these pretty decent quality small clip on witch hats that I'm going to add stuff to. I don't have it with me rn, so I can't take a picture
>>
>>8621201
I live in a pretty big city and the halloween shops kind of pop up everywhere lol.
Im hoping there will be one up at the mall already, or that maybe I'll find one at target.
Thank you tho
>>
File: 20150919_133633.jpg (3 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
20150919_133633.jpg
3 MB, 4608x2592
Hey guys. I need some help with leather.
I'm being Ash from the Evil Dead series. He has a harness/belt across his chest and I've found some metal rings and leather strips to use.
I need to loop the leather through the ring and secure the leather to itself (pic related)
What's the best way to do this? Sewing seems tough. An adhesive perhaps?
>>
How to make witch hat?
I have no idea what material to use to make it stand up
>>
>>8621219
adhesive probably would not hold well, depending on the leather. your best bet would be to punch holes through the leather (you could use a hammer and nail if you have nothing else meant for the job), then stitch it together through those holes with carpet thread and a large needle.

It'll take a bit of effort, but it will come out a lot better (both in looks and strength) than gluing it.
>>
>>8620647
But I should be good if i get EMS?
>>
File: Me_at_215lbs_turnaround.jpg (206 KB, 720x378) Image search: [Google]
Me_at_215lbs_turnaround.jpg
206 KB, 720x378
Here's a picture of me. I'm not into anime, star wars, or dr. who

I'm 6'2" white and have auburn red hair. I have a beard (sorta) but can shave if necessary. I also have a bit of a head start so I could lose 5lbs before Halloween hits.

Ideas I've considered:
- Ness/Lucas
- South park Character
- Mystery Men character
- El-p (the rapper)
- Some Hey Arnold character

Let me know if you have any serious suggestions. Thanks
>>
>>8621317
Larry Butz from the ace attorney series?
>>
>>8621324
I'd sooner be Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, but the parties I'm going to would not get either of those references. It's going to be 2 parties with pretty normal people who would get some movie references, and then I might go out to the bars with friends.
>>
I want to make a fairly big and floppy witch hat and trim it with lace. Any recommended tutorials?
>>
>>8621326
>dressing up purely so people will know who you are
fucking pleb
>>
>>8620617
You probably didn't sand the armor so the paint has nothing to really stick to.
>>
>>8621348
vs dressing up as someone NO ONE gets, after several idiotic guesses, and then a look of confused disappointment. All after spending $$$ and time on the costume. Listen, I'd love to go as The Shoveler, but I don't know anyone who likes Mystery Men as much as me.
>>
>>8621362
"Oh and you are!!!! ...shovel-man?"
"Nice construction worker costume"
"I don't get it?"
>>
>>8620835
That's actually a pretty good idea, I didn't think of that! It'd be a really subtle reference.
>>
>>8621362
>>8621366
>dressing for others and not for your own personal enjoyment
fucking faggots
>>
>>8621372
>>8621372
I'm guessing you've never gone out in a costume, other than going to conventions.
>>
>>8621372
Calm down, it's not a convention, weeb.
>>
File: yayaya.png (314 KB, 807x494) Image search: [Google]
yayaya.png
314 KB, 807x494
>>8621317
>>
>>8621291
With bodyline, who knows quite honestly
>>
Guide on how to make a mask?
I've got a few things from google but I'd like them to not look like they were made in kindergarden
>>
>>8621093
Look up tutorials on how to make fangs out of fake nails. Much cheaper than scarecrow fangs. Basically you just cut plain white nails into points and put them on your teeth with denture glue. Did this last year for a production of Dracula at my community theatre, it worked really well
>>
>>8621415
You have to be more specific. All i can say right now is a lot of craft stores and party stores have decent full face bases
>>
>>8621415
masks come in a billion different types and forms and materials. You need to post a picture of the sort of thing you want, or describe it better.
>>
File: 1442456844740.png (89 KB, 408x534) Image search: [Google]
1442456844740.png
89 KB, 408x534
>>8621561
>>8621562
I'd like to make something like his face.
>>
>>8621644
so, just the face or a whole head kind of deal? Describe what you want the end product to look like.
>>
>>8621676
Just the face, and I'd like to make the teeth too
>>
>>8621358
Why in the seven blue hells would I take a sander to PP/PE plastic?
>>
>>8621436
>cheaper than scarecrow fangs
Well yeah, but so is the end result
>>
>>8621898

everyone worth their salt knows that paint sticks way better to uneven surfaces, that's why primer has a slight grittiness to it. you should at the very least go over it with fine grit sandpaper by hand and the results will be obvious.
>>
>>8621911
I admit I'm worth virtually no salt, but this isn't exactly super-thick plastic. A sander might make it crack around the rivets. Would hand-sanding even make a dent?
>>
>>8621915
it doesn't really need to be that much, just one or two go-overs by hand will help, then adding primer will be even more effective.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
I'm going as grimdark Red Riding Hood
Could this rain cape +blood combo be interesting, or would it just look fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1429314091979.jpg (321 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429314091979.jpg
321 KB, 1280x720
>>8621928
Got it. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>8621932
Would paint adhere to that meterial?
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1206x808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1206x808
>>8621964
looks like people have had success with scuffing the material first.
If it doesn't work, There's always fabric
>>
>>8621108
hot topic sometimes carries them but i don't blame you if you don't wanna go in there. most Halloween/party stores (spirit, party city, etc) should have them but if you can't find them, you can get them on amazon for like...$12 (i think they are prime eligible)
>>
>>8621436
but scarecrow fangs can be taken on and off to eat? and your method sound shitty and too complicated. also scarecrow fangs wrap around the underside of the teeth, for more realism
>>
>>8617706
You can maybe try finding that interface that is essentially made up of foam and fabric (the fabric store I go to has it in their interface section anyway). Like some halloween costumes, there are parts that is made up of the outer fabric sewn with the foam layer. Get yourself a basic ball pattern and enlarge the size dramatically, add some holes and you're good.
>>
>>8617698
upholstery foam
>>
>>8621219
rubber cement would probably work
>>
>>8620617
Youre better off sanding it at this point. Primer, then color, and if you're going black I'd recomend plastidip. It gives a nice matte black finish and a rubberized coating to seal.
>>
File: andymarilyn.jpg (29 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
andymarilyn.jpg
29 KB, 480x368
Does anyone have any famous movie or tv show suggestions for a guy and girl? My bf and I dunno what to do. I was looking into Scott Pilgrim/Ramona and Pulp Fiction but I don't look good in non natural hair colors + he doesn't know how he feels about wearing a suit at a sweaty college party :\

Pic unrelated, just thought it was really funny/clever lol
>>
File: mackelin-and-snakehole.jpg (52 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
mackelin-and-snakehole.jpg
52 KB, 560x415
>>8623537
saw a couple dressed as these two from Parks and Recs at the last con i went to. they were super cute together.
>>
>>8623537
Scully and Mulder
Any buddy cop show
Beetlejuice and Lydia
>>
>>8623553
!!! Oh wow, I totally forgot about this episode! People have pointed out we look kinda similar before so I was thinking of doing them, but I wasn't sure how to pull them off until you pointed this out. Thank you anon :') Pic is us hehe
>>
>>8623582
aw yall would be perfect !!
>>
>>8623582
you gotta now
>>
>>8622912
Fuck my life. Okay, gotta go buy sandpaper and another can of Rust-OLeum Hammered Black Metallic. I can't detach the plastic from the cloth bits so dipping's not an option, sadly.
>>
>>8621850
Comic Sans-anon, you can get a basic full face plastic mask at a michaels, as well as some paperclay (also at michaels) and sculpt the shape over the mask. Make sure to cut larger eyeholes. For the black eyes, get some black stockings, cut them up, and glue them behind the eyeholes on the mask. Paint the white dot where you want it.

PS: are you SoCal local? Undyne's on my cosplay list ;w;
>>
>>8617435
obvious self post

batty pls go
>>
>>8624062
It really really isn't. I thought gulls were better at picking that out than this. I'm a little disillusioned
>>
>>8623820

Plastidip is just a kind of aerosol paint, you aren't actually dipping your plastic in paint.
>>
>>8624801
It's both
>>
File: dompel_tang_cpl.jpg (55 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
dompel_tang_cpl.jpg
55 KB, 450x450
>>8624907
>>
>>8624907
I apologize. I have only ever seen it in aerosol form.
>>
>>8623870
Thank you very much! I'm glad someone gave me a good start.
I'm on the east coast, sorry! Would love to see your result.
>>
any suggestions for halloween cosplay? im completely uninspired!
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-19-19-07-56.png (275 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-19-19-07-56.png
275 KB, 1280x768
Any wood workers? Suggestions on material.
>>
>>8627076
What sort of thing are you interested in, anon?
>>
Found this amazing dress at Goodwill for $2 so I bought it right away for Halloween.

I'm not sure what to do about hair and accessories though? I have a short bob so any sort of elaborate Victorian hairstyle is out unless I get a wig.
>>
Okay, anyone know how to make a cheap muscle suit or anything to punt under spandex to make someone look muscly? I'm supposed to be Batman, I'm definitely not too fat to dress as him....but I am far too lithe. Like, I'm more Spider-Man than Batman, ya know? So I need help. What can I do to look buffer for a really cheap price?
>>
>>8627373

Steaming a shaping wood is a timely and finicky art that you don't have time to learn.

I suggest PVC pipe shaped with a heat gun, covered with eva foam. Carve eva to shape.
>>
>>8628098
http://glayish.tumblr.com/post/47827554647/muscle-suits
>>
>>8623582
i will marry both of you if you do this anon
>>
>>8628108
>>8628108
Good suggestion, but if I was to go that route I'd prefer bondo over a pvc frame. Would give it more of a wooden feel. I am however forming quidditch pads from eva foam with a faux leather fabric stitched over them. Should mimic leather nicely. I'll have pics up soon.
>>
What would be a decent costume for a tall dude with a bit of a belly? Also any couple costumes suggestions would be lovely.
We were thinking power ranger zentai suits but it's a bit too form fitting.
>>
I'm looking for premade prosthetics that resemble boils/blisters/sores/disease. I'm going for the "plague" look
>>
>>8629181
There's some good looking stuff from Spirit Halloween store (online and instore)
>>
I bought a pair of sclera lenses on a whim but have no idea what I should go as. I will be incorporating lolita but I'm so uninspired this year
>>
>>8629244
assuming they are black, you can do all sorts of demonic creatures
>>
File: GW545H575.jpg (55 KB, 545x575) Image search: [Google]
GW545H575.jpg
55 KB, 545x575
>>8629244
or you can be 2D if you decide you don't want to do lolita
>>
File: lumpy.jpg (599 KB, 614x1820) Image search: [Google]
lumpy.jpg
599 KB, 614x1820
Got in most of my Velma stuff for Halloween, minus the skirt, and my oranges don't match. The sweater is more of an intense orange compared to the socks. The seller says that the sweater is a pure cashmere blend. Any ideas as to what I could use to possibly darken the colour of the fabric to make it closer to the socks?
>>
>>8629386
Would tea dying work here? I think it might if you used a light tea, I think.
>>
>>8629402
Would you recommend any tea/brand in particular?
>>
File: teacolors.jpg (233 KB, 2213x1500) Image search: [Google]
teacolors.jpg
233 KB, 2213x1500
>>8629404
I dont have much personal experience with tea dying, sorry. But I know its not so much about which brand you use, as it is which blend, tea comes in a rainbow of different colors, so maybe something like oolong or tisane would work here?
I'd say look up tutorials for tea dying, you'll probably find lots of helpful shit for the right tea to use.
>>
>>8627676
I want you to know that if I ever meet you I will lure you into a back alley and murder you for that dress.

It's so amazing!
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 736x1305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 736x1305
I want a belt like the one pictured here. So it has to be overly long and weathered with a subtle pattern to it. Any idea what I should be searching for?

Thanks.
>>
I have eye contacts that are old. Like over a year old. I last wore them in May and they didn't hurt. At all. Should I still wear them until they do? Sorry. Costume calls for the lenses!
>>
>>8631392
Anon, don't. Your eyes can get damaged without you feeling any sort of pain.
Circle lenses are replaceable but your eyesight isn't, so get another pair if you can.
>>
Are all the negative rumors about aesthetic contacts true? Will I go blind if I get them from the wrong place?
>>
>>8631115
You could always make it yourself out of leather strips sewn together. I'm making leather quidditch pads atm. It'll be an experience.
>>
>>8631392
Don't. The reason you throw out contacts after a year is not purely wear and tear, its also bacteria buildup. if you've worn them once, then left them sat for year, they're still dangerous. It's not worth it just to be cheap.
>>
>>8623582
Oh gosh you have to. You're both very cute.
>>
is it wise to use spirit gum to adhere fabric to skin? I have a zentai hood that needs to stay in the middle of my forehead, but it likes to slip back.
>>
File: image.jpg (346 KB, 813x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346 KB, 813x1200
How should I make Sakura's wings?
>>
>>8631618
You won't go blind/sustain any sort of eye injury from circle lenses as long as you clean them, replace the solution daily, use the right solution, get them from reputable sellers like Honeycolor, and make sure you got the right base curve and water %.
Most of these reports of people getting eye injuries from circle lenses got lenses from shady stores which sell defective lenses or lenses that weren't approved by the distributor's FDA.
>>
>>8631775
There is a higher risk of
>bacterial infection
>micro abrasion from the lenses
>worst case scenario they can seal themselves to your eyes
>>
>>8631945
I've done it before. It works, but it will also limit the range of motion for the skin/muscles beneath the glued spots and hurt a little when you tear the fabric off. The spirit gum residue will also take a bit of washing with warm water and soap to get off. When you apply the spirit gum, it will also feel warm.
>>
>>8632413
>what is using oil to remove spirit gum
You're an idiot, anon.
>>
>>8631618
I think most things about people hurting their eyes with lenses stem from improper use, not the lenes themselves. Inexperienced people buy them from some random store and don't know how to use them.

>wash your hands before putting them in
>soak them in solution before wearing
>don't reuse solution
>don't wash them in water/saliva
>don't wear lenses for too long
>keep them clean/clean them properly
>throw out lenses when they expire
>don't stack plano lenses over perscription ones
>don't fucking share them with others
Probably some other ones I forgot, but most issues with lenses come from these

>http://www.pinkyparadise.com/wear-and-care-a/250.htm
>>
File: 1439945663047.png (582 KB, 543x586) Image search: [Google]
1439945663047.png
582 KB, 543x586
This year I'm going as Donald Trump for Halloween and need ideas for something to carry candy in. I thought of a money sack but that's not creative enough for me.

Any ideas?
>>
>>8632717
Briefcase
>>
>>8632717
Wait, are you still young enough to trick or treat?
>>
>>8632717
a border to keep out the mexicans
>>
>>8632717
You must be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>8632724
>>8632724
I'm a bit old for it now, but I do it because it's
fun
>>
Any ideas of where I can buy tapered neck wigs for a Kiki costume (delivery service)?

Been lurking through ebay but nothing I can quickly work with pops up. Help?
>>
>>8632460
>don't reuse solution
>don't wash them in water/saliva
>keep them clean/clean them properly
>don't stack plano lenses over prescription ones
I refuse to believe there are adults stupid enough to do these.
>>
>>8623582
>mfw I follow you on insta
>mfw I have no face

ps ur v cute and u have qt cats
>>
>>8631392
No. I tried to wear old contacts and I got an infection in my eyes.
>>
>>8632717
A pinata
>>
File: IMAG0170.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0170.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
So ageplay is so mainstream now that Spirit carries this shit. Who the hell would wear this?
>>
>>8633547
How old are you anon? This shit is as old as the hills. "Baby costume" has been a gag costume staple since forever.
>>
File: Sweaty chink.png (189 KB, 294x282) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty chink.png
189 KB, 294x282
>>8617060
This is going to be a weird request but I'm a guy and I need a witches costume for Halloween. Something that's really more conservative, not slutware. I'm 5'9 wear a medium in most women's clothes, have a size 29 waist and 36 shoulders. Is there such a costume that'll also end up looking ok? This is honestly my first time ever wearing a Halloween costume.
>>
>>8634104
If you're looking for something cheap I'd just look on ebay under 'witch costume.' If you choose a stretchy fabric like stretch velvet/velour in a medium/large you shouldn't have to worry about it fitting you.
>>
>>8634104
IMO you could just hit up thrift stores until you find a black dress you think would be suitable, then accessorize it with a store-bought witch hat and whatever else you like.
>>
>>8634131
Well, it doesn't have to be cheap. I'd like to wear it more than once. I'm really more concerned with quality than anything else.
>>
>>8634133
I can't buy a dress from a store.
>>
File: aa.png (319 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
319 KB, 500x672
>>8634104
How fancy are you looking to get? Make your own or just buy one?
>>
>>8634139
Anon, lots of people crossdress for Halloween. Right now is the one time of year a guy can openly go out and try on dresses because any questioning looks can easily be explained away with "heh, Halloween costume!"
>>
>>8634143
I probably don't have the equipment to make my own but I might add some finishing touches to is. As far as fanciness. Maybe a bit plain. I don't want to stand out too much. But I'd like something that can catch the eye of someone who knows me.

>>8634174
I don't know. I work in a clothing store and we'd still have a giggle or two about that. Probably even more so.
>>
>>8634214
Thrift stores don't have clerks hovering over you, everyone just minds their own business. jfc you sound painfully insecure.
>>
>>8634251
>you sound painfully insecure
I am painfully insecure. But I'll give it a try anyway. Thank you.
>>
File: 91rK3jrwG5L._SY679_.jpg (49 KB, 379x679) Image search: [Google]
91rK3jrwG5L._SY679_.jpg
49 KB, 379x679
>>8634289
I go to a thrift store and buy the stupidest shit all the time, never even had them make a face.

The other day I bought fly fishing VHS tapes and a book titled "The Complete Book of Water Healing" because I thought that shit was funny. No one will care you bought a dress.
>>
>>8634300
>No one will care you bought a dress.
I think that might be a bit of a different thing.
>>
>>8633547
If i had a dollar for every military guy who wore one of these costumes or a diaper and a giant pacifier id have myself a free halloween costume. if you ment women who would wear this, then i have no idea
>>
>>8632841
Anyone?
>>
>>8632717
Can you turn one of those plastic halloween pumpkins into Rosy O'Donnell's head?
>>
I'm looking to do a [spoiler]lolita[/spoiler] spider girl. I have full blackout sclera lenses on the way, but I also want to add additional eyes to my forehead. What would be the best way to get them to look real? I was thinking of like cutting black balls/marbles in half and some kind of material+spirit gum to form eyelids, but I'm really not sure what material. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8632841
Bumping again. Still need some help. Maybe some different keywords?
>>
>>8632841
Photo example of the kind of length/style you're going for?
>>
>>8637208
Hello, thanks for replying.

I am looking for something like Amelie's hair but in very dark brown or black. I'm not 100% sure of what her hair color is. Found one on ebay that looks more or lesss like it but it only comes in blonde.

I've been using "tapered neck bob" and "short bob" to look for this. Will post more examples.
>>
>>8637385
>>
File: 31.jpg (71 KB, 720x384) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
71 KB, 720x384
>>8637388
>>
Not from ebay but this wig from bodyline hasa decent tapered cut, you might want to trim it a little depending on how it sits (or curl it a little for that super fluffy Ghibli look)

Can confirm quality since I bought one a while back

http://bodyline.co.jp/en/z600.html
>>
>>8634587
All you have to say to anyone who asks (which they won't, because no one cares), "Its for a Halloween costume." You are not the first guy to wear a dress. Especially around Halloween.
>>
>>8633547
That's pretty much what all the girls wore in elementary school for Halloween because it was comfy as fuck.

Though for the price someone could get a pair of legit footie pjs from Walmart or Target than whatever that flimsy piece of shit is made of.
>>
>>8637385
Chances are you're not going to find a wig that just looks like that. Lots of wig sites have bobs in plenty of colors. I'd recommend buying one of the bobs from Arda and then teasing the underlayers, since their fibers take to teasing better than Epic or a lot of eBay wigs.
>>
File: Maks.jpg (406 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
Maks.jpg
406 KB, 1000x773
I'm planning on making a mask similar to the bunny Splicer masks from Bioshock, but I need to wear glasses (contacts aren't an option for my eyes) because my vision is so bad.

How can I make a mask fit comfortably over my glasses?
>>
File: papapa.jpg (52 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
papapa.jpg
52 KB, 600x800
How possible do you think this would be to make the Crazy Party Night outfit for halloween?
I have made a few dresses before, but nothing this complicated.
Any fabric suggestions would also be appreciated
>>
>>8637503
Why don't you just wear the mask without the glasses for pictures? Like taking off flip flops for barefoot characters. It'll probably look dumb with that mask style otherwise.
>>
>>8637503
couldn't you just wear your glasses and build the basic shape as normal?
>>
>>8637524
If you're only going to use it for halloween, I suggest making the dress "base" and just glue the striped fabric where it's supposed to be
>>
>>8637420
Thank you anon!

>>8637502
I've never ordered from Arda. Is the wig going to be in time for Halloween with time for me to style it?
Also, any suggestions for the color I should go with?
>>
Thinking to do this Halloween Miku, anyone know a good wig shop for Miku wigs? I dont want the pigtails to tangle D:
>>
>>8617565
I imagine a ocd evil nurse who doesn't allow blood on her dress. And is eloquent enough to do a clean job with her victims.
>>
>>8638233
Arda is US-based and ships from Chicago, so you'd have plenty of time if you're American.
>>
>>8638292
> D:
> Miku
> inb4 underagedb&
I think epiccosplay has pretty good wig fibers.
>>
>>8638292
You don't want the pigtails? Nigga WHAT that whole pic is fucking kawaii
>>
>>8638487
Finished reading the sentence.
>>
Prop people- Would it be cheaper to make a fake machine gun or should I just buy one? It doesn't have to look amazing. Just passable.
>>
>>8638292

All long wigs will tangle all you can do is pick wigs that will untangle easily and that's usually epic cosplay's stuff. Usually only takes a finger combing. That being said those pigtails have along of volume so you won't get that look without styling
>>
>>8638506
That's just many of the fanarts, I'm gonna do a normal Miku style wig. I have a few different long wigs, I just find pigtail wigs tangle easier so I was wondering if anyone has purchased some before and has tips and would recommend a shop. :] thank you for the tip thou!
>>
>>8638501
If you do make it, paint the orange tip on. I know it doesn't look good, but if your gun is anywhere near realistic (aka someone could glance at it and think it's real), you wouldn't want to take the chance of the cops thinking it's real. Especially considering it's Halloween, so they're already on edge.
>>
>>8637188
I'm just going to keep an eye on this post for future ref and also, weird material suggestion but if you find black spoons and cut to shape (heat to round sharp edges), it might match the look of your sclera lenses? But I'm not sure how to finish the edges or attach them to your face, that's where I'm also lost on that idea for a spider.
>>
File: tumblr_no1oxaa7Ji1s773ouo1_500.png (156 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no1oxaa7Ji1s773ouo1_500.png
156 KB, 500x281
Me and my brother want something we can wear for Halloween and gen con. We want things that are related to each other, like brothers or partners. I however can't wear contacts and need glasses desperately so I need someone who wears glasses. And we are both fat as fuck. So no topless ripped niggas. Or maybe we could get some of those shifty muscle suit things to wear under the rest of the costume.

I'm having trouble of coming up with anything. Video games and western cartoons/comics only. None of that animus weeb shit.
>>
I figure I'll just ask here instead of making a new thread.

Crossboarder here, I want to do my first cosplay at sakuracon next year, so I want to get started now on a couple things that might look good. Problem is, I'd like to do something that's closer to my body type and skin tone.

I'm 6'1", 155lbs, and mixed so my skin isn't very dark but not very light either. I was considering later parts of JoJo for ideas since its my favorite series, with Part 8 Josuke and Father Pucci in mind. Other than that I dont know so I'd like ideas.

Anime and games are my biggest things, I'm not very familiar with western cartoons or comic book characters.
>>
I'm super uninspired and hoping to get some couples costume suggestions. Costumes need to be recognizable or easy to explain to a bunch of boring old people, and most of the things I actually want to make are characters from video games, etc, so those are out. If we don't have to wear wigs (me: long brown hair, him: short brown hair) that's a plus. Nothing spandex or shirtless for the guy, and I don't really feel like doing much crafting beyond sewing, so no big props, wings, etc.
>>
>>8640136
You might try here
>>8545483
>>
>>8640189
Thank you.
>>
>>8640157
Be a toaster and the bread slice
>>
>>8640774
> "I don't really feel like doing much crafting beyond sewing"

> Be a toaster and the bread slice

Um.
>>
>>8640085
wario and mario
>>
>>8640157
If you want to do vidya, Lara Croft and Nathan Drake are easy choices. Those are casual enough that you'd get away with it. Switch guy to Indiana Jones for extra recognizability.
>>
Any good tips to make your beard hair gray? Don't want to dye it or bleach it or any of that crap, but figure there must be an easy alternative.
>>
>>8637503
Could you cut little holes to poke the sides through and wear glasses over the mask? Might look a little funny but also kind of fitting the bioshock aesthetic imo.
>>
At my job we're expected to dress up for Halloween and I plan to be a monarch butterfly. I've got some antennae and wings picked out already, but I don't know what I should do for the rest of the costume. Shoes? Clothing? Any other details I should add so that I won't be too plain?

It needs to be work appropriate obviously, so nothing risque and nothing that will make movement difficult. I also can't cover my face for security purposes but a little face paint detail would probably be okay.
>>
>>8642138
Maybe wear eyelashes like this? Searching "feather eyelashes" on Aliexpress should get you some results
Or just visit your local costume store. They probably have something like this
I would just wear regular work wear with the antennae and wings for the sake of comfort and mobility but it's up to you
>>
>>8642139
>>8642138
Dropped pic fuck me
>>
>>8640085
Mario and Luigi
>>8638292
Long wigs will tangle, period. However I found a tutorial somewhere on how to lubricate a wig to prevent this, I'll dig it up for you
>>
File: td-crow.jpg (84 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
td-crow.jpg
84 KB, 1200x600
I was looking at making this crow mask for this year. Anybody have any (general) pointers, tips for working with feathers at all? I was looking at getting a terrible store-bought mask and upgrading it, is this a good idea or should I start from scratch?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Is it too late to buy shit from Chinese/Korean sellers? Considering they take like four weeks to arrive.
>>
File: Black knight monty Python.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Black knight monty Python.jpg
592 KB, 1920x1080
I accidentally made a thread on this but, I want to dress up as the Black knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Missing arm and all. I don't know where to start, any advice?
>>
>>8643391

Since this is the halloween thread:

put arm inside shirt
pin up sleeve
hot glue thin upholstery foam in cylinder, spray paint black
black shoes
black gloves + fun foam gauntlet bits if you feel fancy
use freezer paper stencils (google it) to do the decal

>>8642063
Ben Nye Grey Liquid Hair Color will get the effect across and wash out
>>
File: 1443700412855.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1443700412855.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
Reposting from shironuri thread
>>8644079
>>
File: IMG_0797.jpg (259 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
259 KB, 1224x1632
I made a Grim Reaper cloak out of a large piece of black cloth with a hole in the middle for the head since I couldn't find an actual costume. It works great, but I need something to cover my hands too. I don't know how to sew, so what could you guys recommend in that regard?

Also, to those of you who went to AWA, even though I probably didn't recognize you, thanks for being such a cool crowd.
>>
>>8644170
Just buy black gloves?
>>
>>8642427
I've had stuff arrive in as little as two weeks, but it would be a gamble unless you get rush shipping.
>>
File: monmusu6.jpg (226 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
monmusu6.jpg
226 KB, 1280x720
>>8639764
That's actually a pretty nifty idea, thanks!
>>
File: framepool.jpg (20 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
framepool.jpg
20 KB, 480x270
Glad this thread is up, /ck/ here. I've never been on this board. What's a good costume for a 275 pound female? Nothing too revealing or "sexy" please, I'm married.
>>
>>8644170
http://www.amazon.com/Skeleton-Hand-Gloves-Bone-Sleeve/dp/B004UUK4IO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443734577&sr=8-2&keywords=skeleton+gloves
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
I kind of want to make pic related, but I have no clue where to start.

Maybe I should go as something else entirely, I'm a pretty short girl.
>>
Why isn't this an actual sticky? People making their own threads is only going to get worse as the month progresses.
>>
>>8644724
Pumpkin
>>
>>8644724
I would recommend that granny from evil dead.
>>
>>8643957
Perfect thanks anon
>>
File: metal-gear2.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear2.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
Can anyone give me advice on making the Sneaking Suit from Metal Gear Solid series.
I'm having a hard time finding good wetsuits/undersuits for it, any good alternatives?

I have everything else, such as holsters/vests and such.
>>
/cgl/ I need some advice, I got invited to a costume party for Halloween but I've no clue what to dress as because I'm uncreative aside from a skeleton outfit.
I'm 6', 130 lbs and pretty white and I'm having tons of issues finding something that doesn't look stupid for my body type
>>
>>8645423
Uncle Fester maybe?
>>
>>8645232
I think now that it's actually october the next one we make will (or certainly should) likely be stickied
>>
>>8638501
just get a decently similar nerf gun and paint it, it'll save you so much prop rage, you won't have to worry about it falling apart and will ultimately look better
>>
>>8631392
Honeycolor is having a 50%+ free shipping sale, it's not gonna set you back much to get safe replacements tbh
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 255

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.