[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Circle Lense & Contact General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 39
File: cute eyes.jpg (42 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
cute eyes.jpg
42 KB, 500x416
New lenses general!
>>
File: 22c91d0f6091df3a.jpg (201 KB, 640x901) Image search: [Google]
22c91d0f6091df3a.jpg
201 KB, 640x901
I know this has been asked so many times but are there any good natural looking (as in not so pigmented it looks horrifying) gold lenses?

or just really honey brown coloured lenses. Wanted them for kotori!
>>
>>8157796
What is your natural eye color?
>>
>>8157256
I thought these would be pretty tacky but they're actually pretty cute... can I get sauce on the lenses and/or a review of them?
>>
>>8157911
nvm I think I found them.
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/GEO-Animation-CP-A6-p/a13-cpa6.htm
>>
File: moss green.jpg (2 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
moss green.jpg
2 KB, 300x300
>>8157256
What are some good colors for someone with mossy eyes? I they aren't a bright green. kinda a boring neutral green.
>>
File: contacts.jpg (314 KB, 997x803) Image search: [Google]
contacts.jpg
314 KB, 997x803
>>8157796
I have i.fairy moe moe brown and they look really good. My eyes are green/brown.

Please forgive the terrible photos, I took them when I was really sick so my eyes are all puffy and generally gross. Also barely any makeup. Just pay attention to the colour.
>>
what do the prescription numbers mean on pinkyparadise? like in the drop down bar for left and right eyes. i want to start wearing lenses so bare with me, i don't know a lot lol
>>
>>8158056
Please go visit the optometrist and do some research before wearing contacts. For your sake.
>>
>>8158074
i've done research and such about maintenance...but yeah i'm planning to visit the optometrist
>>
>>8158078
if you had really done your research you wouldn't have to ask, really. don't buy lenses until you visit your optometrist (unless you are planning to buy them without a prescription)
>>
>>8158092
i was just asking what the numbers mean on the drop down bars. but okay i'll just ask the optometrist.
>>
>>8157796
Also interested, I have dark asian eyes.
>>
>>8158056
>what are prescription numbers
If you don't know the basic information about contact lenses, please don't buy them. Contact lenses were made for those with eyesight problems and the numbers are prescriptions to correct your vision.
>>
>>8158116
but people also use them for cosplay? you are on /cgl/
>>
>>8158124
>missing the point entirely
I was explaining to you what the numbers were. People can get them for beauty purposes but if you don't even know the absolute basic information for contacts like prescription numbers and your base curve number or even if you have astigmatism, don't buy them. You'll end up fucking up your eyes.
>>
>>8158093
they are your prescription? how much/little your eye vision needs to be corrected, and in circle lenses this will be always be for short sightness (hence the minus sign). although if you have astigmatism you will have to look into toric lenses.
>>
>>8158129
alright alright.
optometrist it is.
>>
>>8158092
Wait so.......if you don't need a perscription, you can just buy lenses? Without seeing the doctor?
>>
>>8158132
>>8158129
though i forgot to mention nothing is wrong with my eyes, i can see perfectly fine
>>
>>8158015
woah, your left eye is like, green on top and brown at the bottom! really pretty!
>>
>>8158137>>8158140

Duh. If you buy plano lenses you will see as you see without lenses on (do you get it now). But obviously YOU need to check with a doctor at least once for things like base curve etc etc... you do want to know that wearing lenses is absolutely fine for your particular set of eyes (even if "you think you see fine").

Next time don't say you have done your "research" when you obviously haven't even bothered to google how lenses work.
>>
>>8158137
No. You still need to know your base curve. Otherwise the lenses could do damage to your eyes.

>>8158140
See the above reply.
>>
>>8158158
yeah alright. thanks i guess.
>>
>>8158155
looks like a nevus (basically a mole on the iris) to me! those are always pretty cool
>>
Will these ever get restocked? Anyone know if they are sold in different shop? (I've searched and failed...)
>>
File: IMG_4360-1024x768.jpg (188 KB, 847x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4360-1024x768.jpg
188 KB, 847x768
Silly question but...would circle lenses distract from asymmetric eyes or make them appear worse...or does it not affect that in anyway?
>>
>>8157796
>eyecandys com/geo-sparkling-brown/
I bought these about a year ago for my Saber Alter and ended up using them for Mirai (Kyoukai no Kanata) as well.

>tfw I tried to post this at 8:00 AM but couldn't and it's been waiting until I got home from work
>>
What are some good eye drops for dry eyes? I just visited my optometrist yesterday and put contacts in for the first time, I needed drops to get them in and for a lot afterwords because then I could feel my eyes feeling a bit dry after a bit. Like, not painful but kind of irksome. I don't know if this is normal the first few times.

I also head that in some cases regular lenses can be worn with just slight astigmatism, how can you tell if your astigmatism isnt very bad?
>>
>>8158169
Yep, I have brought these twice of koreabigeyes. They are my favourite lenses.
>>
File: asodwo.png (256 KB, 396x434) Image search: [Google]
asodwo.png
256 KB, 396x434
>>8158159

Different anon but I have a few noob question

If I have eyes that need prescription glasses can I get non prescription lenses? I just want the lens to change the color. I think this is what you guys are talking about with just seeing as you do

When I go to the optometrist what is the best way to bring up my questions? I don't want to say outright about wearing circle lenses

Do I just ask to let me know what my base curve is?

Thank you for anyone who replies
>>
>>8158251
It's not that noob as a question as the other one. I
If you don't have any abnormal base curve (astigmatism for example, or anything where your cornea isn't smoothly round), then yes, you could just get regular plano (non prescription) lenses and wear them with glasses.

If you go to the optometrist, you can just tell them you want to wear contacts if you don't want to tell them about circle lenses. It's the same process, really, except you have to be a little more careful with circle lenses (they're bigger = more oxygen deprivation, etc.). You can find more info about circle lenses vs regular lenses care online though.

As for your BC, yes, you could ask them. Usually they'll give you a paper with all your prescription numbers on it though (at least where I live).
>>
>>8158169
Ah, those are comfy. Beaucon has some that looks similar. Haven't gotten to trying those ones yet though.
>>
does anyone have recommendations for gold/yellow contacts for light eyes? i've tried a few pairs but on top of my natural eye color, they just look a sickly shade of green.
>>
File: IMG_1499.jpg (192 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1499.jpg
192 KB, 1280x960
>>8158155

Thank you! (Also it's my right eye, ahaha.)

>>8158167

It's actually sectoral heterochromia, it's the "peg" formation. Once again, a pic with no make up, but it shows it better. It's blurry, but you can make out 3 individual pegs. And thank you! Honestly I think it's one of the coolest things about my appearance, lol.
>>
>>8157796
If you have brown eyes that turn gold in the sun, you can just do a photoshoot outdoors
>>
>>8158329
Holy giant sideways pic batman... Sorry about that!
>>
>>8158320
See above, I posted some comparisons.
>>8158015
>>
>>8158171
This is actually one of the reasons I started wearing circle lenses other than better color selection. My right iris is slightly turned more inward than my left iris and the large diameter lenses even it out slightly. Another issue I have is control of my pupil dilalation due to autonomic nervous system dysfunction so my pupils will be different sizes from time to time. One eye will be more dilated than the other and certain circle lenses cover it up the issue.
>>
>>8158465
*don't have control
>>
>>8157864
>>8158331

My eyes are very dark brown, almost black. so doubt it would work unless i faced a horridly bright light.
>>
>>8158015
>>8158174

Thanks for the photos guys! Im going to have a look at these !!
>>
Circle lens first-timer here.
Read the thread. I'm 8.6 BC Plano as I have no eye issues according to my optometrist.
I've bought lenses in the past but have always been too concerned to be able to put them in no matter the tutorial I follow. Does anyone have any good tips for beginners, or black/brown natural-looking lenses for beginners? Thanks!
>>
>>8158251
You could just get lenses with your prescription and not need to wear your glasses too...?

They don't cost any more than plano lenses.
>>
File: eyeballs.png (36 KB, 216x64) Image search: [Google]
eyeballs.png
36 KB, 216x64
>>8158576
>>8158095
>>8157796
Dolly+ Brown is really great! I tend to avoid ever posting pictures of myself at all, but her is a cropped pic for ants of me wearing them over very dark brown eyes.
>>
>>8158309
>abnormal base curve (astigmatism for example
Not that anon, but I'm confused. I have astigmatism, but my prescription says BC 8.6.
>>
>>8158632
Depends how light your astigmatism is, but usually you have to wear toric lenses.
>>
>>8158632
Yours is probably mild enough that it doesn't warrant a base curve change, you might have a different cylindrical though.
>>
>>8158613
Did your optometrist not show you how to insert lenses?

There's not really any 'circle lenses for beginners' seeing that they're all pretty similar. The only thing experience will help you with is putting them in in less amount of time. How are you currently putting in your lenses? A good tip is to make sure your finger is dry (or the lenses will adhere to your finger instead of your eye) and to look slightly sideways during insertion (you'll want to blink if you look directly at something coming towards you).
>>
>>8158162
Anyone want to take bets on how before the next "circle lenses fucked up my eyes" story gets posted?
>>
>>8158093
When you see a doctor, they write you a prescription that tells the strength of the lens you need as well as how curved they should be to fit correctly. The numbers in the drop down are so that you can enter the strength the doctor prescribed for your eyes.
>>
>>8158613
Is an issue with the lens falling out or off your finger or is it that you tense up too much upon insertion? It's the muscles around the eye's automatic reaction to clench when a foreign object is about to be inserted. You need to focus on relaxing the muscles around the eyes when inserting because if you tense up too much, the lens will fall out because it doesn't have time to slip into the right place. As other anon said, make sure your finger is dry. You can get a feel for how tense your muscles are when you open your lids with your fingers The lids should be relaxed, if you feel a resistance, just breathe and focus on unclenching them.
>>
>>8157911
I'm pretty sure op's pic is shooped to make them look more noticeable than they'll ever show up irl. Most reviews I've seen of GEO's animation lenses are really dull and barely show up even in outdoor lighting.

>>8158199
Ask your optometrist for a eye drop rec that would work with your eyes + contacts. You should be able to tell how bad your astigmatism is based on your prescription.

>>8158251
Yah you can get plano lenses and then wear your glasses over top to see clearly I guess. But prescription and non-prescription circle lenses cost the same so the only perk is that some styles are only offered in plano.

Ask to be fitted for normal lenses and/or normal colored lenses. He should give you a prescription with with all the info you need to order your own pair. If he doesn't then ask specifically for all the info you'll need to go out to a normal eyeglasses/contacts place to get some. He/she might give you trial lenses and all the info should be on those as well. They or an assistant will also teach you how to put on, take off, and general care.

>seriously your optom will tell you everything you need to know, don't be afraid to ask if you are unsure of something

>>8158613
Your optometrist can teach you the how-tos. But um a quick guide for newbies:
>right index finger with lens on the pad of your finger
>left index/middle finger hold open eye and eyelashes away from eye
>right middle finger on eye bag also holding open the eye
>place lens on eye, make sure it sticks
>let go, blink and make sure it feels okay?

I'm right-handed so I guess use opposite hands if you are left-handed. Once you get the hang of it it'll be a lot faster and you might not have to hold anything opened. There are a few other ways, I know my sister does the look away and slide in trick. So I guess just try a few and see what works for you.
>>
File: broke.jpg (15 KB, 508x294) Image search: [Google]
broke.jpg
15 KB, 508x294
>>8158309
>>8158623
>>8158914

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! I was under the impression that prescription ones were more expensive for some reason. I'll definitely look into it more!

I feel a bit more prepared to see the optometrist now, thank you!
>>
>>8158632
If you have astigmatism, the information is marked as Axis & CYL
>>
File: lenses lana.jpg (247 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lenses lana.jpg
247 KB, 1000x1000
Can't decide which lenses I think fits Lana the best
>>
>>8159848
fairy casper imo
>>
File: 3.jpg (105 KB, 771x464) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
105 KB, 771x464
>>8159848
>>8159854
Seconding the Casper violet. They're super cool.
>>
>>8159848
Seconding I-Fairy Casper! The main shade of purple being more blue than pink with the pinkier highlights seem pretty close to the character!
>>
File: itislaw.gif (479 KB, 250x286) Image search: [Google]
itislaw.gif
479 KB, 250x286
>>8159854
>>8159897
>>8159898
>>
>>8159854
>>8159897
>>8159898
>>8159906

Thank you all! Capser Violet it is then!
>>
>>8159914
Do post a picture of how they look in your eyes later, they seem extremely pretty!
>>
>>8159513
This is What my optometrist gave me. The second number is CYL and the third is Axis, right? Most of the numbers are exactly like my glasses prescription, except the 180 is a 172. So do I ignore the BC?
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to ask my optometrist a lot of questions, she seemed really busy and just rushed me out as soon as I got the contacts in, out, then in again.
>>
File: 20150304_095810-1.jpg (3 MB, 1950x2564) Image search: [Google]
20150304_095810-1.jpg
3 MB, 1950x2564
>>8160115
Dropped image, sorry.
>>
Because I'm too blind to find makeup thread I wonder I can ask this here. Related to eyes anyway.
I need lower lashes.
I was going to order some lenses and lashes from PinkyParadise. But all the nice (or pretty much every) bottom lashes are sold it. I checked Honeycolor too and the same thing. I asked PP if they ever gonna restock and they answered that I could take months...
>>
>>8160116
It's a little hard to tell since your number are both in the same range but in general your first should always be spherical and second is cylinder. Is one of your eye's vision significantly worse than the other? -0.25 and -2.50 is quite a big difference. Your BC is 8.6 and you can look for lenses that also come in 8.6. It's a pretty common BC iirc.

So she gave you a trial lens? Do you have the info for them? Like the prescription info on the packaging. Sometimes they don't match your written prescription perfectly so just to get an idea of what your optom thinks would work with your eyes.
>>
>>8160269
Yeah, my left eye is a lot worse off than my right.
She gave me just the pair for the training, though I didn't get the packaging for it, or any info on them at all, unfortunately.
>>
>>8160283
Then yah first is spherical and second is cylinder.
>>
Any sales going on right now?
>>
File: 20150304_141610-1-1.jpg (34 KB, 304x148) Image search: [Google]
20150304_141610-1-1.jpg
34 KB, 304x148
sorry for potato quality, but what colors would look good on my eyes?
>>
>>8160289
Alright, thanks!

>in toric section of PinkyParadise
>nothing in the dropdown options go lower than -0.50
Does this mean I'm stuck with plano no matter what?
>>
>>8160379
Choose one plano and one -2.50. A .25 difference is barely any so it's not a big deal that there's no correcting happening there. Make sure your cyl in correct for each eye though.
>>
>>8160247
ebay
taobao
aliexpress
>>
File: FFahri.jpg (698 KB, 2128x1217) Image search: [Google]
FFahri.jpg
698 KB, 2128x1217
I recently bought some golden colored lenses, but they weren't as bright as I'd hoped, and they sit weird on my eyes. Where can I find some vibrant gold-ish (NOT yellow) contacts of good quality?
I'm looking to cosplay Ahri in the future, and her eye color is something I'd like to focus on.
I naturally have brown eyes that look really light in the sun. I'm not willing to stare at the sun for photos though lol
Any help would be suuuuper appreciated!!
>>
>>8160370
blues and greens would look good, pinks and reds unless they have a very small pupil hole are going to look a little strange.
>>
>>8160683
There have been probably over 3 requests for the exact thing you're asking and all of them of been replied to, some even with pictures. Try scrolling up.
>>
>>8160683
www. pinkyparadise.com/EOS-Dolly-Eye-Brown-p/e3-v209lb-br.htm

I bought these for an Ahri cosplay as well but never really got to try em. They were pretty yellow irl, but I think it's less of a "shocking" yellow when worn.
>>
>>8158211
Anon I can't find them there... do you have a link?

To specify further I am looking for the Vassen Sakura Candy pink-brown combination (not pink-black, those are in stock)
>>
File: lates.png (613 KB, 731x1227) Image search: [Google]
lates.png
613 KB, 731x1227
My brother and eye are trying to find some blue/purple contact lenses for Morgan (see pic related). We both have dark brown/almost black eyes, though, so it's really hard to find colors that will actually show up in photos. They don't need to be super bright-- we just want them to be seen!

what do ceeg
>>
>>8161878
http://www.koreabigeyes.com/Pink-Color/Sakura-Pink.html
>>
does anyone have recommendations for dark or chocolate brown lenses that look good on light eyes? i have green eyes and i used to own a pair of princess mimi chocolate brown ones, but my own eye colour ended up showing in the middle making me look... mainly creepy.
>>
So I've been waiting for some pictures of the new I-Codi lenses to show up and it looks like they Colors of the Wind series is looking promising. There seems to be a lot of people looking for golden lenses and I think these might be a good choice: http://store.ifairycon.com/colors-of-the-wind-no-14-lemon-tea/

>>8161956
Some color will still show through but it will be significantly less with Super Pinky Choco lenses:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Super-Pinky-Brown-Choco-p/g10-s.pinky-cho.htm
>>
File: IMGP4640__bea.jpg (54 KB, 799x253) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4640__bea.jpg
54 KB, 799x253
>>8161956
Here's a picture of what they look like on light eyes.
>>
>>8161909
>tfw see pic of Morgan and immediately filled with parental love
To be honest, I think your natural, dark eyes would be fine for Morgan since theirs are already rather dark themselves. But if you really want to get lenses, I think a gray would actually look better - blue and violet lenses are a little too saturated, and Morgan's eyes are more "dull" in color.
>>
I'm midly upset because after years of wearing regular lenses, my optometrist told me I need to switch over to torics because my astigmatism is too pronounced now. The cost of my circle lenses literally just doubled, and now one pair costs almost half as much as my half-year's supply of lenses from my eye doc.
>>
>>8162063
Actually i think that looks kind of cool, like you have heterochromia or something. But I can see why you'd be looking for something with more coverage.
>>
>>8158008
>http://www.pinkyparadise.com/GEO-Animation-CP-A6-p/a13-cpa6.htm

Brown/light honey brown with some of your green showing would look hazel and cool, or hazel-colored lenses would look good too. I could see blue looking nice, and you could always just do green circle lenses and make your eyes even greener.
>>
>>8158199
>how can you tell if your astigmatism isnt very bad?

check with your optometrist, they'll give you the answers.

i wear contacts daily for vision correction and astigmatism (mine is definitely bad, i basically see double without vision correction) and my favorite eyedrops are Rohto brand, personally I love the mentholated ones like Arctic but the plain ones work great too.
>>
>>8158778
I'll add to this that it gets so much easier over time inserting contact lenses. I used to have so much trouble with putting in lenses but now after daily wear for a few years it's second nature, I don't even flinch
>>
>>8159848
thrilling fairy casper and putting in a corollary vote for berry's flavor barbie
>>
I've been wanting to get prescription circle lens for a while now and I've been completely stumped as to which colors to go with. My eyes are a bit more grey in person, but I'm not sure if I should go with brown, green or grey. Plain grey tends to be a bit too bright, green and brown just don't match. I plan on getting some eventually, but I just don't want to get something that will just look goofy.
>>
>>8162629
Get something with multiple colors, like the Barbie 3-tone line, to help it blend into your normal eye color.
>>
>>8162629
>>8162629
Is your name Heather by any chance? Stick with green
>>
>>8163146
I'll have to try that then. I never actually thought to combine all three colors, though. That kinda solves everything. Thanks, anon!

>>8163172
Not a Heather, sorry.
>>
File: IMG_4047.jpg (105 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4047.jpg
105 KB, 800x600
I get all my lenses from ZYLsociety.

Lens : Crystal - Green

Very comfortable, got them within 2 weeks. Shipping is $5.00 on all lenses and prices for pairs vary from $20.00 - $25.00. They last a year as well.

My eyes are normally a much hazier blue green than the image and it worked out super well for my Gumi cosplay.
>>
File: catyousay.jpg (112 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
catyousay.jpg
112 KB, 640x480
>>8163929
My normal eye color.
>>
>>8162279
Have you got any recommendations? Now I'm thinking about it, I'm tossing up between grey and black (but I'm worried that black lenses will make me look like Satan or s/t so I might just go grey)
>>
>>8163929
Aren't circle lenses usually only wearable for a month? You can store them for a year iirc but I definitely wouldn't keep wearing them for a year
>>
>>8163968
Nah they are wearable for a year. Though it really depends on how much you wear the lenses and how well you take care of them.

I have monthly regular lenses, and they are a bit thinner than circle lenses. They get dry in the eye if I wear them for more than a month.

If you only use circle lenses for cosplay and lolita, and only wear them once or twice every month, and clean them well every time you use them, they will last for a year. If you wear them a lot, like a few days a week, I wouldn't wear use them for more than half-a-year
>>
File: IMG_5791.jpg (153 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5791.jpg
153 KB, 600x800
>>8163968
These are year round. I wear them, maybe, 4 times a year, three days in a row for the convention I attend and then there are gatherings here and there, but usually I dont wear contacts to those. I buy them in sets of threes [usually my characters all have different color eyes], so Im not wearing out one pair in particular.

I know there are SOME sellers who say theirs only last a month which is why I don't go to them. These are sturdy, but very soft lenses and they feel so comfortable and give me the right amount of 'big anime eyes' to cosplay. Though.. With my Velma they were kinda scary.
>>
>>8163937
you're adorable.
>>
File: whiteasfucks2.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
whiteasfucks2.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
Some brown ones from ZYLsociety
>>
>>8163929
>>8163937
>>8164575
>>8164590
you need to be 18+ to use this site.
>>
>>8163929
Off topic but where did you get your gumi wig from?
>>
>>8164598
Im 25. D:

>>8164628
eBay. And its suuuuuper good. Doesn't tangle at all. Very thick which you don't find from many eBay wigs.
>>
>>8163929
girl you need some eyeliner
>>
>>8164638
gurl you cute but next time just post the eyes
>posting your face on 4chan
>posting your face on 4chan 9000000 times
>>
>>8164675

2lazy2edit just for you, anon.
>>
>>8164693
Sure you are
>>
File: Decim Eye.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Decim Eye.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
How do I get even slightly close to this?
Any help is appreciated.
>>
File: Snapchat-3260408731640275653.jpg (496 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3260408731640275653.jpg
496 KB, 1080x1920
These just arrived today
I'm super excited
>>
>>8164737
I can assist you with color, but not pattern. Venus Eye Aquas are some of the brightest blue-green lenses I can think of, also the EOS Fairy Greens.

Honestly, for Nona I'm just going "screw it" and wearing whatever pair of purples is my favorite at the moment.
>>
>>8164792
Yeah, I have strong feeling that pattern will never be available, but what do i know.
Thank you for the help. Its my first time with contacts. Could you possibly recommend good brands?
>>
>>8164737
https://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/star-fire/

https://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/selene/

http://www.eyesbright.com/popular-themes/halloween-contact-lenses/sleepy-hollow-hessian-horseman-contact-lenses.aspx

Some ideas.
>>
>>8164769
I got those last month. They're a really nice pink, and they even show up in low light. And the petal-like pattern is so cute! (Unfortunately not everyone seems to think so, almost all my friends who saw them thought they were extremely creepy. But that's because they're, you know, wrong. Haha)
>>
Where can I get lenses with an 8.3mm base curve? I'm only finding 8.6mm.
>>
>>8164970
I can't wait to put them in! They were the nicest pink I could find
>>
I have a quick question for Circle Lens users.
I have two pairs of lenses' that I don't wear on a daily basis, however every other week I clean and change out the solution.
It says that they expire after a year, however can I keep them a bit longer?
>>
>>8165563
Please don't keep them a bit longer... Its not safe for your eyes. With your eyes, never take risks with lenses lasting longer than proposed.
>>
I will cosplay Eli and I have dark brown Asian eyes... What are the most opaque blue contacts you guys would recommend?
>>
>>8165723

Take a look at these. All the models wearing them have deep brown eyes, so you can see how they will look with yours. I buy from them all the time and their lenses are amazing and shipping is always a flat $5.00. You get the lenses in about 2 weeks.

facebook.com

slash

media/set/?set=a.131836273538668.37054.131827523539543&type=3
>>
File: IMG_5010.jpg (831 KB, 3252x952) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5010.jpg
831 KB, 3252x952
>>8157796
I bought DollyEye Brown for my Kotori! They're not as natural as some of the other circle lenses you'll find but I think they work fairly well for photos. They're listed as 'brown' contacts but they're really more of a dull gold.
This is them with flash (excuse my gross skin + makeup) and close up! The only possible downside is that they might be too small if you have larger than average eyes (I think they're only around 14.2 from memory) but the black outer ring really helps make them look way bigger than what they actually are in photos.
>>
How can I get prescription colored contacts?

I'm a blindfag but I don't wanna wear glasses in cosplay.
>>
>>8166069
On several websites you can order prescription lenses. You just need to know your type.
>>
>>8166098
I know my perscription. I'm looking for colored red and purple ones, respectively.

Where can I find them?
>>
>>8166106
Gourddamn, anon. Try Google at least. Several sites have been mentioned in this thread alone.
>>
>>8166106
Honeycolor, Pinkyparadise
>>
>>8166069
Have you been fitted for contacts? Because just having your glasses prescription isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>8165979
I used to have these for my Ranmao cosplay, and while they were good for her I always feel like they looked rather too extremely yellow for other character. But your photo actually looks pretty good, is there a filter over it or have they changed up the design recently?
>>
Question.

I was reading this: http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/contact-lens-tips.htm which came from the cosplay tutorial section here: http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php#contacts

How to avoid Fungal Eye Infections in contact lens? Also what contact lens solution is the best? Do I have to change my case once every month as in buy a new one as well as the solution?
>>
>>8166816
I keep everything away from water, and change the solution every two weeks at least (usually every 1.5 weeks). After each use, I rinse my lenses with some solution before putting it in a fresh case. The used one I rinse with solution and dry upside-down.

I throw away my cases yearly though.
>>
>>8166844
Ok so I hope this is correct:

>When I use my contacts (like during a con) I would have to rinse them with solution and put them in a spare fresh case. The one I used before I rinse with solution and dry upside down. How would I do this without contaminating them?

>change the solution every two weeks or 1.5 weeks. Will my eye doctor give me more details about this?

Sorry I'm trying to avoid something nasty in my eye and learn more about proper care since I'm new at using contacts.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 800x598
I got the I-Codi lenses today and had a mini freak out because I thought they sent my lipstick due to the box looking like lipstick packaging. Nope, they just stacked the lens vials vertically in the box.
>>
>>8166850
I'm having trouble understanding your greentext.

Yeah, during cons, either I bring a new case with fresh solution to put my contacts in and then, when I get home, transfer that to another new case... or I bring along the solution bottle and an empty empty, and do everything in the con bathroom. The used case, I'll just keep until I get home/hotel room to clean/dry it.

Yeah, your eye doctor should be able to give you more info on changing the solution. Of course, generally, the more often you change, the less time bacteria have to develop, and the better it is.
>>
>>8160338
it looks like kiwiberry is closing up shop so they're having a 60% sale
>>
>>8158015
oh cool you have heterochromia in the right eye, well partial, i myself have full on heterochromia
>>
>>8166865
Noooooooo
>>
>>8166861
Oh sorry I forgot to quote what you said before.

>I keep everything away from water, and change the solution every two weeks at least (usually every 1.5 weeks). After each use, I rinse my lenses with some solution before putting it in a fresh case. The used one I rinse with solution and dry upside-down.

So what I would do is what you said in >>8166861 and either bring a new case with fresh solution to put my contacts in and then when I get back home just transfer into a new case, clean it and dry it out or would it be better to do it at the con hotel bathroom? Also when is the best time I should do this? After I change out of my contacts or when the con is over?

Sorry English isn't my best language.
>>
>>8166868
Yeah, I think it's really weird tho. I feel sectoral isn't as cool as complete, but it's rarer. Sigh, I always wish I had complete, you're lucky.

But we both know the struggles of lenses, though haha. I don't know if you wear lolita, but I don't mind it when I'm in lolita. When I'm cosplaying it irks me. My eyes still look slightly different and I feel it ruins the illusion of the eyecolour...
>>
File: 219771.jpg (34 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
219771.jpg
34 KB, 225x350
Does anyone have recommendations for some purple lenses? My eyes are a dark brown and I'd like something where the color is noticeable but not creepy-vibrant
>>
File: fVbL7.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fVbL7.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>8166865
Update: Bought more circle lenses because the 60 percent clearance was too tempting. God dammit I don't need anymore, it's getting ridiculous.
>>
>>8166875
I let the used case air-dry, and since I can't exactly leave it on the bathroom counter at the con, I bring it home with me and clean it out at home (or in the hotel room, if I'm staying at a hotel for the weekend). I have another 'new' case with me to put my contacts if I don't want to wear my contacts home.

I prefer to wait until I get home/to the hotel room to take out my contacts and clean them, but it's not always convenient. Sometimes my eyes get tired towards the end of the day, and I go without lenses for the rest of the night.
>>
File: dl.jpg (174 KB, 677x444) Image search: [Google]
dl.jpg
174 KB, 677x444
>>8166229
I don't remember that clearly tbh but I'm fairly sure there's no filter over it, just iPhone flash!

In the photos here too, there's no filters! The bigger one is taken in artificial (bathroom) lighting and the smaller/lower quality (sorry!) one is taken indoors with natural lighting.

I bought these around November last year so I'm not sure if the design has changed from when you bought them or not!
>>
what diameter lenses are best for dolly eyes without looking creepy

>owns Kimchi Viva Blue 16mm
>>
File: 23h81e9.gif (422 KB, 241x160) Image search: [Google]
23h81e9.gif
422 KB, 241x160
>>8166865
>$8 per pair of lenses
Aw shit, lemme get some.
>>
>>8166865
I don't usually buy lenses unless I have a specific character I think I need them for, but goddamn, $8 a pair is too good to pass up. That said, it's kind of sad to see a business close down when it comes to specialty products..
>>
>>8167080
Thanks for all of your help so far!
>>
>>8164825
Venus eyes (available from Pinky Paradise) are my personal favorites since they have a strong limbal ring (the black ring around the edge), bright coloration, and don't enlarge too much.

I find that different people have better comfort with different brands. Dolly Eye (available from PP, Honeycolor, etc) are commonly cited as being very comfortable, but for some reason they never sat well on my eyes.
>>
>>8167191
Does anyone know when they're shutting down?
I'd like to buy some, but I don't need them until late July. Also, does anyone recommend that site?
>>
File: inwardly screaming will.gif (965 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
inwardly screaming will.gif
965 KB, 500x250
>>8167764
Seconding this.

> mfw waiting for the currency exchange rate to dip up again
>>
>>8167764
You better do it now because everything is selling out.
>>
>>8166865

Ugh so many beautiful lenses and SO VERY FEW of them are prescription dammit
>>
>>8167764
You should probably order soon and not open the lenses until later.. When I ordered last night a lot were already sold out, especially if you need prescription ones.
I would recommend them! I used to order from them a lot since they had really good sales and stuff. Sad to see them go :(
>>
>>8166865
>need red lenses in -8
>have red lenses in -6
should i? i feel like i'd be squinting all damn day.
>>
>>8166865
It appears the website is now offline, fantastic.
OF COURSE. FUCK.
>>
>>8168027
No.
>>
>>8168027
You'll kill your eyes, nigga.
>>
File: maapv7.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
maapv7.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>8168051
http://www.kiwiberry1-collection.com/

Site's working for me.

>tfw I need prescription cosplay lenses but sales are too good to pass up

I'll just have to take my glasses off for photos..
>>
>>8166865
>JUST ordered a pair from pinky paradise
>still bought some anyway
>>
>>8168259
Oh noooooo! It stopped working for me when i was about to finish up my order... whyyyy
>>
>>8168619
Go to your account page and click on orders and what you tried to buy should be there and there will be a button saying "pay" that's how I got my order in.
>>
>>8168770
No the page and any other of their pages were gone for me. It gave me a tan page with a list of big font links of "korean eye lenses", "cute circle lenses" , etc links. I retried it again like an hour later and the site went back up for me again
>>
WELP! I just bought 4 pairs and only spent $40. Worse case, if I don't like all of them, I know I'll at least like 2 so money not really wasted. Thanks for letting me know about the sale!
>>
I want to buy contacts, lots of them. But I have an astigmatism.
Its not that major but does anyone else have it as well? I heard you can you get away with it if its not too bad..??
>>
>>8167130
Thanks for getting back to me! I also think that it might have looked more yellow because my eyes are green, rather than brown.

They look good on you, though! Great for Kotori.
>>
>>8169194
Pinky paradise has toric lenses for astigmatism.
>>
>>8169475
But..? What Im asking is if some people here get away with wearing non toric.
>>
Does anyone have tips for putting in the lenses?

Last year i bought a pair of single use disposable contacts and spent over 2 hours trying to put them in before i gave up. Everytime my finger got near my eye, it would just instantly close. My friend who is pretty experienced in putting in contacts also tried to help me but my eye would just shut. We tried to peel my eyelid open but that didnt work either. We did all the cupping on the fingertip and everything but i couldn't stick it into my eye, doesn't help that my eyes are super small too.

I'm planning on cosplaying a character that has really bright eyes so i think i'll need contacts again. I dont want to spend $20 or so and not be able to put them in.
>>
>>8169194
I have slight and I still wear them. I know a few others that have that isn't too bad and they wear them as well
>>
>>8169682
Did you look directly at it coming at you? When I first started, I had to look up or to the side and not see it. do it really quick and make sure its extra soaked in the solution. Just flood it in your palm before you stick it in
>>
>>8169194
I wear them and your vision will never be super clear but it's not that bad. You might have troubles reading a menu or small text. I don't wear them often though, only for cons and special occasions.
>>
>>8169512
Don't do it.
I have weak astigmatism and I got non-toric lenses. It's blurry as hell and I had to toss them out.
>>
>>8169682
Make sure your finger is completely dry so the lens will stick to your eye and not your finger.

And as the other anon said, don't look at it. Your natural instinct is to shut your eye when something comes at it. Most people look up and put the lens under their iris, then it just slides up.
>>
>>8161955
mmm thank but I think those are different (and pink-black)
>>
>>8171375
did you just stick with your regular prescription or did you do the strength/(astigmatism/2) trick?
>>
Is it okay to wear lenses with a BC of 8.7 when your BC is 8.6? I've read you can, but I'd just like to confirm it.
>>
>>8169741
How much is a 'slight' astigmatism?
>>
>>8172025
They very. They can be anywhere on your eye. You need the levels from your optometrist.
>>
>>8161956
I have the same issue. Im thinking of buying Beuberry B.B Brown and trying them out. The hole looks slightly smaller.
>>
>>8166925
A+ gif usage. I bought 6 pairs. No regrets.
>>
>>8172016
.1 difference should be fine.
>>
I've got a noob question. What if prescription for one eye falls between sizes? Is there a prescription margin I can get away with? For example, - X.25 in one eye and the other eye at -X.50, when all the options are at intervals of .50. What is safe/acceptable ? Otherwise I'll just go for plano.
>>
>>8173726
If you mean prescription, then going in either direction is fine. I usually go with the lower than higher though, because going above tends to give me more headaches.
>>
>>8173747
Derp. Yes, I meant prescription. So a quarter-interval margin is fine? Thank you so much for your timely response btw.
>>
>>8173752
You might get headaches if you're not used to it (ex: I get headaches when my glasses prescript get updated), but a quarter shouldn't change things too much. I wouldn't read a novel or anything with them, but being off a little is fine for once-in-a-while wear.
>>
Would Super Pinky Hazel be a good beginner lense to try? Reviews online look good, but does anyone have experience with the Super Pinky line here?
>>
>>8174016
I bought the Super Pinky Blue recently. It's pretty comfy! I wore it for about 5-6 hours without any discomfort. They did dry my eyes a little bit though.
>>
>>8175308
Thanks! I just ordered my pair, but hazel was out so I went with brown. Hopefully it's still dark enough to look natural on dark eyes.
>>
File: IMG_8228.jpg (214 KB, 694x368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8228.jpg
214 KB, 694x368
>>8172800
>>8161956
Have you tried ones that fade in, instead? My eyes are medium-light and I find that if the colour fades in it looks okay even if it shows up, pic related. Pupil holes without fade in a different colour almost always look derpy no matter how small it is. These were one in the Mimi Cafe line, Cappucino I think. Actually if you look it up on PP there's a couple of pictures of them on blue eyes.
>>
>>8166203
a different anon
i asked for my contact lense perscription but theyre just giving me my glasses one, what do?
>>
>>8157256
How is youknowit?
>>
>>8178236
Then tell them to give you prescription for contacts? Or like, ask them for contacts recommendations.
>>
>>8178236
Its the same prescription, you just need them to know that you want to be fitted for contacts so they can check that out. Likely they will do stuff like make your eyes dilated to check that, and they should give you numbers for your base curve which typically isnt important unless you have astigmatism or weird eyes.
>>
>>8178455
>Its the same prescription
Not always. Contacts sit closer on the eye, so the prescription is a bit different than what you might expect sometimes.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.