[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ouG/ - Boystyle General: Betrayal edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 128
File: l.jpg (65 KB, 600x908) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
65 KB, 600x908
Last thread at autosage: >>8761165

This thread is for ouji and aristocrat (aka "boystyle") discussion. Boystyle refers to the masculine counterparts of lolita and aristocrat fashions. There is a lot of overlap between these styles, and different people use different terms to describe them. So, consider this a thread for those whose style is on the right half of Buttcape's Lolita Family Triangle: http://www.kawacura.com/moripress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/0dmmLH6-350x350.jpg

You can also discuss EGA in the EGA thread: >>8729403

>Shopping spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7sg2_7CvXUeIgZGGSLvJ9lUUuSVXhW8FlWWFwiv1Yk/edit?usp=docslist_api

>Blogs for current boystyle releases, news, and info
palaceofprinces.tumblr.com
ouji-armoire.tumblr.com
buttcape[.]blogspot[.]com (Currently mostly offline but we hope for a return soon)

Google your questions before asking them here.

Read the whole thread before asking questions here.

OC and selfposts encouraged! Randpm picspam discouraged; we've seen most of it by now.

DISCUSSION TOPIC: The Gothic and Lolita Bible just informed Mana they will no longer be featuring him modeling Moitie. Details in next post.
>>
from the Lolita thread:

>>8837596
>29 January 2016 @ 10:52 pm

>† Information about the Gothic&Lolita Bible

>I think everyone always looks forward to my photos wearing Moi-meme-Moitie in the Gothic&Lolita Bible, but this time I got this from the person in charge

>"Every issue we've always requested Mana-Sama x Moi-meme-Moitie pages, but according to the publisher it has been decided that from next issue on those plans will come to an end…"

>Thats what they said.

>I have always taken part in the Gothic&Lolita Bible since the very first issue over a span of some 10 years, so as you might expect I'm a little sad.

>Mana
>>
>repost from an anon in a previous thread re: buttcape's ouji guide being offline

I did some poking on archive.org and you can find copies of buttcape's posts there:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150322060355/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2013/01/an-ouji-overview-introduction.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20150602045148/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2013/01/an-ouji-overview-part-1-terminology.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20150602052909/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2013/01/an-ouji-overview-part-2-basic-anatomy.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20150602013630/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2013/01/an-ouji-overview-part-3-where-to-buy.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20150323213231/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2013/06/an-ouji-overview-part-4-headwear.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20150321235421/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2013/11/an-ouji-overview-part-5-tops-and.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20150322000313/http://buttcape.blogspot.com/2015/01/an-ouji-overview-part-6-pants.html

And from her twitter: "Taking a break from online activity. I took down my blogs, but I will still be using Twitter and Instagram."
>>
>>8837877
>The Gothic and Lolita Bible just informed Mana they will no longer be featuring him modeling Moitie.
i have noticed a lack of male models in the GLB in general. research may show that men wear the styles and brands featured, but it seems rarer to see one actually in the GLB. can anyone corroborate this?
>>
File: edwinblwh1-510x652.jpg (61 KB, 510x652) Image search: [Google]
edwinblwh1-510x652.jpg
61 KB, 510x652
http://www.elegyclothing.com/product/edwin-blouse-white/

this is a men's blouse from Elegy, a fairly well-respected US-based indie brand. the description says it may look odd in the photo because it is on a woman's dress form. you can order it up to a size 48inch chest, or request a custom size.

throwing this out there for bigger boystylers who want more than just F+F
>>
File: CPBL1-510x652.jpg (50 KB, 510x652) Image search: [Google]
CPBL1-510x652.jpg
50 KB, 510x652
>>8840372
pic related looks better (imo) and goes up to around a 50" chest. available in 3 basic colors.

http://www.elegyclothing.com/product/pin-tucked-high-collar-button-up/

both blouses are around $70 USD.
>>
File: 1428792858680.jpg (255 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
1428792858680.jpg
255 KB, 733x1100
continuing from >>8840473

there has been some discussion on aristocrat versus ouji, and what divides them. we are referencing Buttcape's triangle, a helpful tool but one that i do think is biased toward Western interpretations and tradition.

my thought is this: i see aristocrat and ouji as two different but related fashions, similar to the way goth and lolita are related. i think that some coords can count as either, depending on context, but that the core aesthetic of EGA is absent from most western Aristocrats; in fact, many western aristos wear what would be called "ouji" in Japan. their style is a bit too simple, and not decadent enough; it really seems like conservative ouji with long pants.

an exception is mr_mizer, who tends to stay within EGA strictly, if conservatively. a coord like pic related looks good but due to the lack of flair in his hair, makeup, and general styling, it is aristocrat that could easily pass as regular goth, neovictorian, or even steampunk.
>>
File: IMG_9917.jpg (340 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9917.jpg
340 KB, 600x900
>>8840498
however, pic related is distinctly EGA. asymmetry and a general modern look makes it far from ouji (which tends to tolerate asymmetry in accents like buttcapes or minihats rather than the cut of a main piece like a jacket). still, his conservative styling makes this rather close to Western goth. imagine a woman in femme aristo with flat hair and no makeup or accessories... (he still looks great btw, just misses half the aristocrat equation for me.)

so, what would non-gothic aristocrat look like? i think of visual kei artist Kamijo, first of all.
>>
>>8840509
(to be clear, i am not discussing hominid_watching's coord on the right in the above pic.)

pic related is how i imagine a non-gothic aristocrat might look. however, this is really not how most Western aristocrats dress. when not in Moitie they tend to look like what Japanese sources would call "ouji." and Japanese sources would probably not consider pic related to be aristocrat; in fact, outside of Moitie they do not seem to use the term much at all.

for this reason, when discussing what counts as "aristo" we have to rely on Western tradition and community definitions. i feel like we have lost sight of what made EGA aristocratic, though. compare the style of someone like iralina in EGA to a gothic lolita; her hair and makeup and everything else could not really be mistaken for a lolita. if you crop her pics from the waist up, you can usually tell when she was going for EGA and when she was going for lolita.

a big part of aristocrat for me is the grandiosity. i truly wish those who adapted aristocrat themes outside of EGA had kept that part: the glam aspect. the glamor and decadence is lost in most current incarnations of aristocrat.
>>
>>8840516
anyway, most of the time Kamijo's visual kei style is closer to ouji imo.

pic related is a Japanese dude who tags his outfits as ouji. Boz shop blogs also use "ouji" to describe their mens coords, and Kera shop employees who wear Boz or Boz-like items call such things "ouji." in my opinion, this kind of style, worn by people such as technotropism, is ouji rather than aristocrat.

just as a lolita coord can be anything from Lovely Lor's youthful sweet to Fannie Rosie's understated classic to Marie Dauphine's elaborate goth, what counts as ouji can cover a broad spectrum.
>>
>>8840498
>>8840509

I agree that using the Western approach, 'ouji' and 'aristocrat' are closely related but different styles, especially with how styles have evolved. I think that the terminolgy differs over here as a result of back when things were harder to get hold of, Moitie's EGA (with EGA being Moitie-specific, as it's what the line is called) was the most prominently known brand. So EGA ended up getting used as the overall name for both the male and female variants, which then ended up with Aristocrat being the overall name.

I use artists such as Akira, and Kamijo as good visual references. I would disagree in saying that Kamijo is 'non-gothic'. I would say that he is very much gothic aristocrat, even when in a white costume. He's like a Japanese real life Lestat. To continue using visual references related to him, I would say that Kamijo comes across as the aristocrat, whereas Teru (considering him in his Versailles style) is definitely ouji, thanks to his more childish appearance in his style, it's more little-boy, with the cropped trousers, more accessories in his hair, the style of his makeup, etc.

I wear both male and female aristocrat, but never venture into ouji (if going by the Western use) territory. I look and feel stupid in things such as knickerbocker breeches and whatnot.

I think you can have different variants in hairstyles for aristocrat. In femme aristo, as my hair can't surive backcombing and loads of hairspray, I tend to go in for the human hair extensions route (synthetic hair irritates the heck out of my skin). I often wear it in a bun, for neatness, before accessorising as appropriate.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1454243750511-1.jpg (317 KB, 511x720) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1454243750511-1.jpg
317 KB, 511x720
>>8840527
on the left, two versions of lolita: a fanciful one and a maturer/more realistic (even "a la mode") one. on the right, two versions of ouji: a fanciful one and a more toned down/maturer one, imo.

>>8840534
>I think that the terminolgy differs over here as a result of back when things were harder to get hold of
i agree. i think the whole kerfluffle around boystyle back in the early 2000s (kodona vs dandy vs ouji vs aristocrat) is partly to blame for how things have gone. somehow, it was easier for people to accept "lolita" as a name for a range of looks than "ouji"!

i think Kamijo is often gothic, but i also think many classic or sweet lolita outfits would not be out of place in a goth scene. still, when trying to imagine a style that has no canon reference (non-gothic aristocrat) it is difficult to find an example. i do wish more aristocrats would use the glam touch, though. without the gothic element, and without an element of glamor or extravagence, Western male aristo feels too much like generic neo-victorian garb to me. the Japanese street fashion aspect of the elegance is lost as the style is reinterpreted to fit a subdued Western aesthetic.

>it's more little-boy, with the cropped trousers, more accessories in his hair, the style of his makeup, etc.
little boys don't wear those things, and princes are not all little boys. ouji is the male (actually unisex) version of lolita, so the arguments against "dressing like a child" apply to both imo. ouji, like lolita, draws as much from Rococo as Victorian era, and cropped trousers were the norm for men then.

and i cannot think of any period in European fashion history where little boys wore hair accessories that men did not wear. in fact, when people call their ouji style "little boyish" i find they actually mean "girly/cute."
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1454244030254.jpg (424 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1454244030254.jpg
424 KB, 720x720
>>8840534
>I often wear it in a bun, for neatness, before accessorising as appropriate.
which Mana also often did! and as it happens, the other collage i made (with femme vs masc aristo) features such a style.

but to have the hair be simply cropped short, or lie loose and flat, as many male aristos do, just seems to miss the mark of the aesthetic. this is nitpickery on my part.

my own style is gothic ouji and gothic aristocrat. i do not wear breeches above the knee, because i am afraid to, and most of the time my style may fall in the nebulous "is it ouji or aristocrat??" region.

you know, one distinction i feel could be made in lolita/ouji vs aristocrat is a clean, innocent look, or the lack of it. when we say aristo is more mature, to me that is more a matter of moral maturity than age. Mana said something about EGL being the union of innocence and darkness, and to me EGA is that darkness with experience.

sort of like a maiko versus a geisha. a matter of worldliness rather than age. i am maybe going too far into left field with this, so i will take a break, haha
>>
>>8840548
I think some of the issue at hand with aristo often ending up looking a lot like Western gothic styles, such as neo-Victoriana, is that the Japanese styles were themselves influenced and inspired by these styles. That, as the Japanese trends are becoming more accessible over in the West, and so more common, they are influencing Western styles. It's cyclic in nature somewhat.
I wear a mix of Western gothic styles, and aristocrat, with some lolita (but keeping it mostly hybrid aristocrat if I do wear that). I make sure though to keep my cues based in the Japanese look, so things such as my makeup, the styling of an outfit, etc. I love the big, theatrical 'vampire collars' of some of AatP's coats, and even better if I can combine them with Napoleonic collars. The differences at times can be subtle, but they are there. It's knowing how to spot them. I like to take some inspirations from visual kei, which was itself inspired by Western glam rock in the 70s and 80s.

I agree about the 'little boy'ishness of ouji. It's taking those Rococo and Victorian inspirations, with things such as the cropped torusers. which I agree were worn in centuries up until around the 18th cenury by grown men as well as children. However, these days, they're often seen as being more of a childish thing, to the modern mentality. The feminine 'cuteness' is definitely a part of it, and to me personally, is a big distinction between what I class as being 'aristocrat', and what I see as being 'ouji'.
>>
>>8840553

I think then that we're in agreement about that then, as the distinctions between the styles. I think that is in part why I like Buttcape's Lolita family triangle.

I don't wear Moitie, but do appreciate the aesthetic. The problem for me is a combination of fit of a lot their pieces, combined with a discomfort of wearing things with crosses on. I find Boz, with some AatP the better fit, and doesn't tend to have crosses on the clothes themselves anywhere near as often. When I'm mixing lolita and femme aristocrat, I love mixing Boz and IW. Pieces such as Pietro Angel (especially in the long length), and Romilda, for example, capture that gothic elegance of aristocrat well, but have that higher hemline of lolita. I keep my makeup and accessories more grounded in the mature, sophisticated basis of aristo, so it's a little simpler, and lighter on the accessories.
>>
File: egads ohjeeze.jpg (483 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
egads ohjeeze.jpg
483 KB, 720x720
>>8840568
>I think then that we're in agreement about that then, as the distinctions between the styles.
yes. i think it is interesting that we seem to have similar ideas about the distinctions in theory, but might point to different coords as being closer to different categories. that is probably common, to have similar theoretic frameworks but slightly different applications.

honest to god final collage: my impression of the Western boystyle spectrum (my inspo pics are on the darker side, so bias is showing). i believe these are each Western boystylers, not official brand or magazine models.

far left: archetypical ouji.
far right: archetypical aristocrat.
middle: depends on who you ask.

does this seem accurate?

my goal style is close to middle bottom. someday i will be rich and confident and try lolita and femme aristo and then we ought to throw a seagull genre-bending party.
>>
>>8840621
different anon but id say that bakasoseji is far left in his own OTT fantasy world, even as costumey as ouji can be he takes it to a whole new level.

most of my coords don't really adhere to any of those and end up with aristo coats and whatnot wearing shorts and hats and other very ouji stuff. in retrospect that may be why they are bad.
>>
File: substyles.jpg (448 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
substyles.jpg
448 KB, 720x720
>mfw i am a liar

LAST COLLAGE

UNAMBIGUOUS OUJI COORDS IN THREE UNAMBIGUOUS SUBSTYLES:

sweet on the left, classic in middle, gothic on the right.

>>8840645
what you describe sounds within the range of ouji. if you are uncertain or want to post for concrit, i am sure anons can weigh in.
>>
>>8840621
I'd say that your description of our views is pretty much spot on, especially when it comes to the potential overlap outfits.
The bottom right outfit to me, while in its own right is fine, just looks too much like a Mana cosplay to me, which puts me off it a little, which isn't what 'aristocrat' should be about.
I think an example of the range of aristocrat to overlap with ouji, to ouji is comparing a few of Akira's looks. Her outfits in the video for Kirie Toroimen No Shirabe are more aristocrat with an edge of visual kei, her outfit in the video for Waltz of Vanitas is crossover aristo/ouji, whereas her white and gold AatP outfit (http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/c7d7a60e681d78565f6bfd6f821adc0e1407047230_full.jpg) is definitely ouji. That's what's just coming to mind at the moment for me.
>>
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Chiffon-Long-Sleeves-Pirate-Style-Lolita-Blouse/1181637_32382210959.html
>Casual-pirate-nouji Chinese bootleg blouse.

It's weird how many results I got on ali when I played around with words like sweet, prince, infata, europe, lolita.

Additionally Infanta stuff is more expensive than on tao or their official store? What's original for this blouse?
>>
>>8844029
i was just looking for Infanta ouji stuff but their AliExpress shop was empty. you might try for one of the resellers like Qutieland, Clobbaonline, maybe my-lolita-dress... i have no direct experience with them but i would trust them based on anons' experiences. an AE storefront with under 90% feedback rating seems sketchy.
>>
>>8844110
I was going to check if Infanta has a new year sale on AliExpress, but then I noticed it's empty, so I decided to look for other ouji stuff on Ali and the blouse above is what I found. I thought it's worth sharing.

Still I'd rather try to buy Infanta on Tao, because 20 Dollars is a huge difference for me.
>>
>>8844319
yes, especially when the quality may be in question!

pic related seems to be an upcoming release, available in at least two colors (red and blue), from AatP. they are still using Christmas decor for trim, i see.
>>
>>8845523
I was hoping they would release something else in blue soon, but I can't really say I like this. For some reason, it kind of reminds me of fancy pajamas...
>>
Is ouji/EGA using traditional tailoring fabrics like checks and tweeds a thing? I'm really into tailoring currently and want to try combining elements from British bespoke and military tailoring (such as cuts, details etc) and adapting them to suit the style but there's a 50/50 chance between it working and looking like golfing gear (especially since the britches/bloomer type things are basically just plus fours). If anyone has come across anything like this I'd be interested to see!
>>
>>8840677
i am in the process of familiarizing myself with the vkei folk you mentioned, fyi

>>8845751
yeah, but i am not an expert. i know creators like I Do Declare incorporate historic research into their designs but the boystyle stuff is not for sale, it seems.

will dump some random stuff to see if i understand what you mean
>>
>>8846874
>mfw i missed the part about checks and tweeds

reevaluating my dump. check into Excentrique, they might be along that vibe.
>>
File: tumblr_nlo5pzIK9l1qadi4fo1_500.jpg (62 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlo5pzIK9l1qadi4fo1_500.jpg
62 KB, 500x750
>>8845751
all right, try this again
>>
>>8846981
pic for ants but have not found a better version: Excentrique is good for historic/military-inspired cuts.
>>
File: 51.jpg (72 KB, 415x500) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
72 KB, 415x500
>>8846989
oldschool ouji for keks. boots aside, the red coord could be updated and made to look pretty good. brand list on the right.
>>
>>8846997
>>
>>8847010
>>
File: 35317_640.jpg (64 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
35317_640.jpg
64 KB, 426x640
>>8847026
>>
File: 46726_original.jpg (402 KB, 432x648) Image search: [Google]
46726_original.jpg
402 KB, 432x648
>>8847035
>>
>>8847042
i feel like this would look so much nicer with some regular dark pants
>>
>>8845751
AatP have a tartan boystyle set in atthe moment. Lucian Martin or something like that.
>>
>>8847716
I think it would look a lot better even if the pants were fitted. Right now they look way too wide and loose.
>>
>>8847905

They look too short as well.
>>
>>8845751 here
Thanks for the help, anons! Good to see there's a few things dotted about. I've been doodling some ideas so I think I'm going to track down some appropriate fabric and have a go.
>>
>>8848000
glad it helped! post results
>>
>>8848004
Will do! Although it may be some time, since I have to make a three piece suit in the next few weeks (hooray for third year). I will, however, be back in /ouG/ in due course!
>>
new Little Dipper, looks decent
>>
>>8845737
Akira modelling the blue

looks a bit better but still, AatP's boystyle game has been p weak
>>
File: crown.jpg (144 KB, 840x616) Image search: [Google]
crown.jpg
144 KB, 840x616
I want to do prince-coord in the future but almost all crowns I find looks like the pic. I don't really like that style so what kind of crowns would suit the style and not be too feminine?
>>
>>8849270
VooDoooDolly's crowns are nice, if you can get one.
>>
File: il_570xN.588931133_frvv.jpg (109 KB, 570x777) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.588931133_frvv.jpg
109 KB, 570x777
>>8849289
on the cheaper end, searching "medieval crown" on etsy will get you shit like pic related. i cannot vouch for quality here, i know each individual component is sold as a type of "filigree wrap" on various Chinese sites but i have never seen them used to make a crown like this before. i would consider them decorative pieces rather than structural components.
>>
File: 16_2_7_357_1.jpg (62 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
16_2_7_357_1.jpg
62 KB, 426x640
why are fancy eyepatches more common in ouji than lolita? lolita seems to save them for guro coords, but boystylers often use them for different kinds of coords.

is it a pirate thing?
>>
File: ciel fits.jpg (1 MB, 3408x1968) Image search: [Google]
ciel fits.jpg
1 MB, 3408x1968
>>8852554
Eye patches are a bit more gothic, and definitely piratey. An eye patch isn't an every day accessory, you're either a pirate or you are blind/missing an eye. Not a vibe lolita wants to give off most of the time.

I think besides that, a lot of people take inspiration from Kuroshitsuji. I love the outfits in that show and they would fit into just about every substyle of ouji. On the other hand, being mistaken for a Ciel cosplay all the time is annoying.
>>
>>8853823
>On the other hand, being mistaken for a Ciel cosplay all the time is annoying.
yeah, i may avoid eyepatches at cons for this reason.

for fancy meets or a fun lolita event, i might wear one. it's like a headdress for your face, and then i can wear one circle lens at a time and give the other eye a break. kekeke
>>
My comm is having a country themed meet in a couple months. Is there an ouji equivalent of country lolita?
>>
File: tumblr_m517w566nI1qfgvvwo1_500.jpg (149 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m517w566nI1qfgvvwo1_500.jpg
149 KB, 500x750
>>8854706
yes, country ouji.
>>
File: 4260169820_f2ee77756b_b.jpg (278 KB, 466x1024) Image search: [Google]
4260169820_f2ee77756b_b.jpg
278 KB, 466x1024
>>8854719
i am not finding very good examples.

tips:

find a nice straw hat and build a coord around it. straw hats are insta-country.

go for an equestrian look. country gentleman ride horses and hunt foxes and such.

look up pics of victorian country gentlemen. pic related is a good source of inspo imo. the hat, tie, cane, tweed-looking suit with breeches... think along these lines.

country ouji is sort of uncharted territory, it seems, so get creative and help set a good precedent.
>>
File: ivtp0203p2.jpg (80 KB, 364x571) Image search: [Google]
ivtp0203p2.jpg
80 KB, 364x571
>>8854753
themes to consider:

>gardener
>huntsman
>outdoor gamesman
>landowner
>rascal

motifs:

>hounds
>games like croquet (pic related) or badmitton
>wildlife, especially foxes, badgers, deer, etc.
>horses
>plants, like shrubs, mushrooms, daffodils and other summery flowers

specific items:

>straw hats
>wide-brimmed hats
>suspenders or overalls
>tweed, cotton, natural fabrics
>gloves
>>
File: regency-gentlemen.jpg (53 KB, 496x431) Image search: [Google]
regency-gentlemen.jpg
53 KB, 496x431
>>8854765
forgot newsboy caps or fisherman caps as well.

finally, it might be stretching it, but making use of a lot of white is a country gentleman's trope.
>>
File: tumblr_o1mnbl4AFp1qadi4fo1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1mnbl4AFp1qadi4fo1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>8854775
if all else fails, something simple like pic related can pass for country.
>>
>>8854863
I dunno. That's cute and all, but it doesn't really give me an ouji vibe by itself?
>>
>>8856942
i agree. unfortunately there is not a lot out there that is country-like for ouji.
>>
>>8857211
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the examples though!
>>
any Valentine's plans, /ouG/?
>>
>>8859882
going to a meetup, haven't planned a coord
>>
File: tumblr_o24sa92LiE1s9jsieo10_540.jpg (161 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o24sa92LiE1s9jsieo10_540.jpg
161 KB, 540x810
upcoming R-series long vest with gothic print, because i have no money and have been thirsting for gothic ouji prints for a long time.
>>
>>8861784
closeup
>>
>>8861784
There's something very off about this to me. The construction is rather underwhelming I think, with the vest cut sloppy and too baggy. The preview photos don't to me live up to that original print preview.
>>
>>8862381
yeah, if i got it i would have it tailored, at least.
>>
>>8862684

Also, what's going on with that waist tie thin, and the see-through panel then the black band at the bottom? It looks veyr out of place.
>>
>>8862806
The waist tie looks super goofy for sure.
>>
>>8861784
the waist tie reminds me of that tumblr staff interview where the retard wore a tie like a belt
>>
>>8862963
>the retard wore a tie like a belt
a literal waist tie
>>
File: P1020446.jpg (335 KB, 800x666) Image search: [Google]
P1020446.jpg
335 KB, 800x666
Help me out gulls
I got wrapped into something I didnt want to do for a birthday party.

I need some ouji mad hatter looks

I am desperate gulls you are my only hope
>>
Since it's Valentine's day can we have red/heart/flower themed coords?
>>
While browsing >>8790639, what is the main difference between casual ouji and vkei or gothic clothes? Few cords seem to be close to ouji but at the same time they look VKeish.

Second question: Is it really bad to use 'darker' clothes from normie brands that seem to fit as fillers if I have obviously ouji parts as the most visible ones for casual ouji coords?
>>
>>8863699
quick answer to your first question: overlap often occurs. just like a sweet dish can be either breakfast or dessert depending on context, an outfit can be both casual ouji and vkei.

for the second, no it is not bad to use off brand items as fillers.

sorry to anons asking for inspo dumps, too busy atm
>>
>>8863417
ok MAD HATTER HUH
>>
File: 1417944873-666766311.jpg (145 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1417944873-666766311.jpg
145 KB, 640x960
>>8863836
>>
File: 2621597289_ffbac82bf9.jpg (93 KB, 345x500) Image search: [Google]
2621597289_ffbac82bf9.jpg
93 KB, 345x500
>>8863838
>>
>>8863839
>>
>>8863842
>>
File: P1020444.jpg (960 KB, 1243x1658) Image search: [Google]
P1020444.jpg
960 KB, 1243x1658
>>8863843
that antpic, sorry
>>
>>8863631
and a couple 4u2
>>
>>8863853
>>
File: tumblr_ngyet1awfZ1r6m0q4o1_500.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngyet1awfZ1r6m0q4o1_500.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
>>8863854
>>
File: t02200518_0800188413090630862.jpg (43 KB, 220x518) Image search: [Google]
t02200518_0800188413090630862.jpg
43 KB, 220x518
>>8863856
>>
File: 1436131368013.jpg (305 KB, 1896x2048) Image search: [Google]
1436131368013.jpg
305 KB, 1896x2048
>>8863858
eh looked like flowers in the thumbnail, maybe fuschia is a good Vday color
>>
File: tumblr_nol51drwJk1ri5902o1_1280.jpg (966 KB, 1280x1704) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nol51drwJk1ri5902o1_1280.jpg
966 KB, 1280x1704
>>8863861
>>
>>8863858 looks like VK-ouji?

When I'll gain skills, wardrobe and confidence I want to look like >>8863838
>The Prince among lolitas, lol.

>>8863836
Mad Hatters have the best accessories.
>>
>decide to wear EGA
>wear neck to toe Moitie
>look in mirror
>i am 100% ouji

i cannot escape the ouji aesthetic.

>>8863902
work hard anon, i believe you will be a kawaii prince someday.
>>
File: tumblr_n6pzjmWyzc1ts0m8so1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6pzjmWyzc1ts0m8so1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x333
>>8854706
possible country ouji in pic related?
>>
>>8863847
does anyone know what this jacket it?
the blue rose fabric is so gorgeous
>>
>>8863836
>>8863838
>>8863839
>>8863842
>>8863843
>>8863847

THANK YOU ANON
>>
>>8865282
I would say so, yes.
>>
>>8863853
Thank you~
>>
>>8865582
YOU'RE WELCOME

>>8867694
y-you too
>>
More of Aliexpress nouji (bags)! Yay. I actually might buy either of these if I'll be able to decide on one.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-women-s-handbag-circle-bag-one-shoulder-mini-cross-body-bag-clock-vintage-coin-purse/1762434416.html?spm=2114.10010108.0.221.oR5ES5

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Female-2015-College-England-style-retro-shoulder-bags-diagonal-package-about-the-printed-books-of-magic/32490135488.html?spm=2114.10010108.100010.2.XGuhPQ
>>
File: 1.173925.jpg (146 KB, 606x455) Image search: [Google]
1.173925.jpg
146 KB, 606x455
>>8870388
those seem decent for the price. go for it and report back.

>pic unrelated, in honor of the Hamilton musical winning awards and bringing breeches and jabots to primetime network TV via the Grammys
>>
I'm thinking of doing an Ouji 101 panel soon.
I want to go over the main bulk of it, did I miss anything?

> meaning of the word Ouji
> Brief history of the fashion
> Other terms and how to use them or not use them
> The anatomy of an Ouji look
> Themes in the fashion
> How Aristocrat is related
> Brands for Ouji
> Coord-ing tricks and tips
>>
>>8872863
"where to buy" is the most-asked question, followed by "where to buy for plus size/men's size."
>>
>dat asscape
>>
>>8876828
brand is Narcissus on Taobao
>>
File: regardless.png (557 KB, 1080x1831) Image search: [Google]
regardless.png
557 KB, 1080x1831
wanted to share this tweet from the gothic ouji tag on Twitter. Google translate butchered it a bit (translating "gosurori" to just "gothic") but i thought it was cute that regardless of gender, gothic oujis and lolitas go on dates together.
>>
>>8865301
i did a reverse image search for you and the original post says it is handmade
>>
File: CbQezokUAAAbgId.jpg (145 KB, 600x806) Image search: [Google]
CbQezokUAAAbgId.jpg
145 KB, 600x806
>tfw no ouji pals to purikura with
>>
File: t02200293_0768102413237084376.jpg (40 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
t02200293_0768102413237084376.jpg
40 KB, 220x293
Will boystyle ever be popular enough to have meetups in a normal-sized comm? Except for large events, I am usually the only one wearing ouji in the group. I don't know what it's like to hang out with other boystylers.
>>
>>8880243
I'd like to meet other boystylers too. Any European oujis?
>>
>>8880258
perhaps not in this thread, but i know there are many around the Paris area
>>
>>8880258
I'm getting back into ouji after "quitting" a couple of years ago, so I'm currently waiting for stuff in the mail! I'm UK-based
>>
File: TartanCheckVest-iv-zcoord.jpg (101 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
TartanCheckVest-iv-zcoord.jpg
101 KB, 480x640
>>8845751
>here's a 50/50 chance between it working and looking like golfing gear
I just ordered this old AAtP set in green and I feel like I may have made a huge mistake after reading that post
>>
>>8882190
Personally, I think it's really hard to make ouji specific clothing look like golfing gear. Those shorts go way above the knee and fitted vests aren't really suited for swinging an iron. Also as long as you aren't a middle aged white guy I doubt anyone would make that assumption.
>>
>>8881388
as someone recently wearing ouji, i am curious: do you think much has changed in the two years you took a break?
>>
File: P12VT320-glen.jpg (117 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
P12VT320-glen.jpg
117 KB, 480x640
AatP continues with single-size releases
>>
>>8885092
Ouch. The use of that trim is not working for me.
>>
>>8885067
Sorry, my bad, english isn't my first language, but last time I wore ouji was 6 years ago. I think a lot has changed, but a lot has also stayed the same. My coords would be considered ita as fuck if I wore them today tho, but I guess that's just how time and trends work.
I think in general it's gotten more diverse, as in trying to mix in the different lolita styles as well, such as sweet ouji and stuff. It's way more easy to get a hold of decent ouji stuff now tho.
>>
There are rabbit oujis, mad hatter oujis, doll oujis, vk oujis. Why are there no magician or trickster oujis yet?
>>
>>8885128
yeah. meanwhile Excentrique continues with good quality wearable shit.

>>8885164
>It's way more easy to get a hold of decent ouji stuff now tho
i hope it gets even easier. increase the ouji population.

>>8885239
you have not looked hard enough young padawan
>>
>>8885272
Excentrique's really grown on me recently. I like the versatility of their pieces, and I've been impressed with the quality of the piece I have. I definitely want to get more. AatP, on the other hand, I've all but given up with.
>>
What are 'rules' for socks in ouji?
Can I use lolita socks (they're cheaper and more available) for ouji?
Also what size are single size knee socks in Asian stores?
>>
>>8885724
>What are 'rules' for socks in ouji?
they should be good quality, complement your coord, and fit your legs (i.e. not be stretched out)

>Can I use lolita socks (they're cheaper and more available) for ouji?
yep

>Also what size are single size knee socks in Asian stores?
not sure, and it probably varies between stores. if you search for reviews of the brand or pics of the socks worn you might find info on how they look on people of different sizes.
>>
what is Miho Matsuda quality like, lately? i want to get in on Golfer Ouji
>>
File: tumblr_o38esmJvhz1tl2ezto4_500.jpg (121 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o38esmJvhz1tl2ezto4_500.jpg
121 KB, 480x640
>>8885278
>AatP, on the other hand, I've all but given up with.
yeah. the construction of pic related looks wonky, like it is bunched around the seams.
>>
i make ouji accessories and was talking about ideas i had for future projects. my brother said i should make charms that have the "Prince symbol" and asked me if any oujis had done a Prince coord before.

if anyone can do this, it is you fantastic seagulls. please make this a reality.
>>
>>8887478
It's Black Peace Now tier, it's of nice quality but not top brand tier quality.
>>
>>8888407
I would also love to see a Prince coord.
>>
>>8889366
Putumayo does a lot of purple pieces

just saiyan
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1456310630873.jpg (294 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1456310630873.jpg
294 KB, 720x720
feedback on this coord idea?
>>
>>8889707
if those are arm warmers, don't
everything else looks fine to me
though the vest and sheer bolero might be too much together
>>
>>8890003
curious about general anti-armcover sentiment i see in the Western community. Boz, Moitie, AatP, and many other brands make them. are they frowned on in the West because of Hot Topic?
>>
>>8890049
I've seen armwarmers I like, but not those. The layer of white lace makes them look even more tacky.
>>
>>8889707
Fugly purse, bolero is too girly, and it looks like you are trying to make up for something with the sleeves isntead of just getting a long sleeved blouse. Depending on where those pants end on you, the patterned otk may be pretty unneeded.
>>
>>8888407
>>8889366
>>8889443
PoP reblogged this from an ouji meetup. i thought of this thread. not Prince totally but close enough for some fabulous purple inspo
>>
https://www.etsy.com/listing/270527554/prince-crown-in-brass

Voodooodolly restocked, has nice crowns
>>
Does anyone here own items from Atelier Pierrot that can tell me about the quality?
I've recently purchased a coat from them and although the shape is lovely and fits me like a glove, I found the material to be quite "cheap"..? It's an okay polyester. I'm quite new and barely own anything "brand" so I'm not sure I was just expecting too much or if I it's just something about this particular piece. Thanks!
>>
>>8892218
I have a piece of older Atelier Pierrot, and it's really lovely quality.
>>
File: 2016-03-02 18.39.43.png (2 MB, 1180x1193) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-02 18.39.43.png
2 MB, 1180x1193
>>8891497
did someone say purple
>>
>>8892665
the color of royalty. a bit muddy in this pic, is it more vibrant in person?
>>
>>8892218
AtePie's quality is pretty solid, but I have a few nitpicks. Overall though their stuff is quite nice although sometimes they use questionable trims/fabrics.

I have a wool coat, a corset OP, and a blouse. The coat is well constructed and the fabric is nice, but the fur trim they used is cheap. Also they use plastic boning in their corset dresses afaik so they'll eventually bend out of shape.
>>
>>8892696
First picture is as bright as it gets, unfortunately. The dim yellow lighting doesn't help much when it's already in the darker side. Couldn't pass up the rare non-aatp purple stuff though.
>>
>>8892665
I swear this is a Bloodborne cosplay
>>
>>8892756
the muted tone and detailed embellishments help it seem less costumey imo, and let the piece be worn casually. Ozz On right?
>>
File: 23514 (1).jpg (75 KB, 460x691) Image search: [Google]
23514 (1).jpg
75 KB, 460x691
found
>>
File: Foto2.jpg (315 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Foto2.jpg
315 KB, 720x960
OTT goals
>>
Elegy Clothing is rereleasing Albuno Accord, but it is not sure what pieces will be involved. couldn't hurt to email them to request the salopette!
>>
>>8892219
>>8892723
Thank you for your answers!
My coat is very nicely constructed and fits super well to my body, I was just really unimpressed by the choice of fabric. Glad to know their stuff in very nice in general, I'll hopefully get more from them in the future to be able to compare myself.
>>
Here comes my question can a manlet that is buff get into ouji? Does a man need to wear make up? I am new to this and just wondering I am quiet curious.
>>
>>8876830
Could I get a link anon? Whenever I search it leads me to a dead link.
>>
>>8895361
how buff are you? if your shoulders are over 40cm across (measured from the front, not back) you will have a hard time fitting into brand blouses and jackets, and if your waist is wider than 80cm around ditto for pants; but there are numerous indie shops that do custom sizes, both Western and Chinese/TaoBao
>>
>>8895597
my phone is being ass, so here is a link to a tumblr post that links to the items.

http://ouji-armoire.tumblr.com/post/139710275719/palaceofprinces-new-releases-narcissus-zimri

best i can do with this potato-ass phone, sorry
>>
>>8893542
who is this angel
>>
File: Foto8.jpg (445 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
Foto8.jpg
445 KB, 639x960
>>8895851
Manus Baudelaire
>>
>>8895840
Uh yeah I would hulk right though them. Maybe if I stop working out and lose some muscles maybe lol.
>>
>>8895840
Oh and yeah I saw some places with custom sizes, but you think it would look ok on a hulk like guy? lol.
>>
File: 1360535138799.jpg (71 KB, 482x700) Image search: [Google]
1360535138799.jpg
71 KB, 482x700
>>8896209
>>8896211
it is possible that the tailoring of ouji could flatter your shape, if custom-made. go for more basic cuts, since a burly man in frills and loads of lace will look silly to people who are not used to it.

how do you dress normally? if you can get your normalfag clothes tailored, try wearing casual ouji, like short pants with vests and fun socks, and see how that looks on you. i emphasize tailoring because Western male fashion is shapeless and unflattering. if your calves are too big for patterned socks, tuck longer pants into tall boots.

ouji has an advantage over lolita in that its simplest, most trimmed-down forms are easy to approximate with regular clothing. begin with a base of nice materials in crisp, matching/complementary colors with clean lines, and then you can accessorize in a more flouncy way to your taste. a jabot or cravat with a brooch, a brimmed hat, coiffed hair, and some concealer on any skin imperfections could further ouji-fy the look.
>>
File: DSCF2646-2.jpg (107 KB, 800x1101) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2646-2.jpg
107 KB, 800x1101
>>8896242
it took a while but i found a somewhat buff dude in boystyle. i am not a fan of the clashing patterns/fabric choices but for a beginner coord it is fine. room to improve.
>>
>>8896242
>>8896261
You are so detailed thank you, that really helped a lot. :B
>>
File: thirstyroris.png (3 MB, 667x4433) Image search: [Google]
thirstyroris.png
3 MB, 667x4433
>>8863861
>>
>>8896316
glad to help, good luck being the you you want to be

>>8896325
yes wow you are able to recognize someone from an old meme, grats
>>
File: 1540652010011.jpg (48 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1540652010011.jpg
48 KB, 480x640
heard you gulls liked purple.

38cm shoulders, Ozz On, under $60USD.

http://www.maidenclothing.net/script/detail.php?id=154065201001
>>
File: 1540652010015.jpg (76 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1540652010015.jpg
76 KB, 480x640
>>8896367
and it doubles as a gilet
>>
Can someone dump differend kinds of hats and headpieces? I'm thinking of getting some new ones so examples would be good.
>>
Seeing as there is more activity here than in the EGA thread, does anyone have any up to date measurements for the current run of ladies size regular length Roland jackets from Boz? All of my Rolands are in the mens' size, with my regular length one being from a few years ago. Are the waist measurements for the ladies size still about 65cm? The bust on the mens' size for some reason is a little smaller on the long length Roland (94cm as opposed to 98cm). 94cm is already on the bit too big for me side, as my bust is under 85cm, so I'm curious as to whether the ladies' size is still too small for me.
>>
File: mens-hat-chart.jpg (148 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
mens-hat-chart.jpg
148 KB, 1100x1100
>>8897765
i assume you have checked their website? i do not know personally though, sorry!

>>8897646
worn or no, and does it matter if i know the brand or not? here is an infographic of some types of hats in the meantime
>>
>>8898485
They never list the waist measurement. That's the problem.
>>
>>8898576
rats. if no one here knows, you might try the lolita gen, since i think everyone checks there.
>>
>>8898485
Worn or not, it doesn't matter. And I can search the brand myself if there's something I like
>>
>>8898655

Thanks. Boz's sizing inconsistency and lack of giving full measurements is the one thing that annoys me about their site. Sometimes I'm on the lower end of the fit for the ladies size, other times I'm too big for it and need the blokes size, which usually ends up on the bit too big side for me.
>>
File: 1456271822306.jpg (73 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1456271822306.jpg
73 KB, 960x720
>>8899069
one thing i do know is it's best to buy for your widest point, and tailor down the rest. my shoulders are too broad for lady's Boz, but universal feedback on my men's Boz jacket is it is too loose. i am going to have to get it tailored or forever be a frump.

>>8898829
here is a mini dump that is kind of random, starting with a tall stack of hats
>>
>>8899109
beret and mini top hat (the nicer kind)
>>
File: 1455853955151.jpg (97 KB, 652x960) Image search: [Google]
1455853955151.jpg
97 KB, 652x960
>>8899110
military
>>
>>8899113
special floppy/soft top hat different gothic brands make (this is prob either Moitie or the Bodyline knockoff)
>>
>>8899119
tricorne
>>
File: tumblr_nxgerwqOhx1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg (74 KB, 516x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxgerwqOhx1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg
74 KB, 516x810
>>8899120
horns
>>
File: tumblr_lu1bc0bDVk1r4itcho1_500.jpg (146 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu1bc0bDVk1r4itcho1_500.jpg
146 KB, 495x700
>>8899121
regular top hat
>>
File: tumblr_nub0kjgOK51ufislwo1_1280.jpg (178 KB, 600x682) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nub0kjgOK51ufislwo1_1280.jpg
178 KB, 600x682
>>8899122
crown with veil?
>>
>>8899123
or a bunch of feathers.

and a bicorne. all for now, hope this gives a bit of help
>>
>>8899109

The shoulders on the ladies fits me fine, it's the waist that's the issue for me, as I'm a classic pear-shape. 32 inch bust, 27 inch waist, I've gone up half an inch or so recently thanks to gaining mscle.
>>
Can someone post some examples of older men in aristocrat?
I finally have the time and resources to live the dream, but I have no idea how to put together a coord that works with my natural features and inclination.
>>
File: IMG_7639.jpg (285 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7639.jpg
285 KB, 600x900
>>8899294
right, so you might need to go for men's and have the shoulder area tailored.

i hope someone can definitively answer you on the measurements though.

>>8899376
since aristocrat means different things to different people, can you describe the type of coord you are looking for? historic inspired, EGA, or "maturer ouji"?

will do one of each for now.

>historic-inspired Aristocrat
>>
>>8899410
Why I was asking about the sizing on the more current ones, becase the sizes seem to fluctuate somewhat. I was wanting to see whether the waist on the ladies' size had gotten any bigger than the 65cm I know it was about a few years ago.
>>
File: 080701_kera3.jpg (104 KB, 553x465) Image search: [Google]
080701_kera3.jpg
104 KB, 553x465
>>8899410
EGA (speaking of illfitting Boz, what is this guy doing)
>>
File: B9tqfBiCYAAu0HP.jpg (31 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
B9tqfBiCYAAu0HP.jpg
31 KB, 600x800
>>8899415
yeah that was clear, sorry for any confusion, just trying to offer random advice since no one has an answer.

>>8899418
and ouji with pants/could be called ouji or aristo depending on the individual
>>
>>8899426
No worries.
>>
>>8899410
>>8899426
Greatly lean towards these, with some more towards historical.
The shorts are just right out, couldn't even imagine wearing them.
>>
>>8899519

Boz and Moitie are as a whole the main go-to brands for Aristocrat for men. You can work with some Victoriana goth pieces and offbrand stuff, but the big problem with going for a purely historical look is that it just ends up looking like a reenactment outfit rather than being inspired by that fashion. Vicorian is the main historial era really for basis for Aristo, although a touch of 18th century can creep in at times. It's striking that balance.
>>
File: tumblr_nblb441GUl1qf8syco1_540.jpg (146 KB, 456x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nblb441GUl1qf8syco1_540.jpg
146 KB, 456x810
>>8899519
>>
File: tumblr_nsaop5ahVj1sir1y2o1_1280.jpg (343 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsaop5ahVj1sir1y2o1_1280.jpg
343 KB, 853x1280
>>8899625
>>
>>8899627
my examples aren't that old, sorry
>>
>>8899632
also that one was proper EGA, not the fusiony style you asked for - damn thumbnails tricked me into not seeing that flowy gilet
>>
>>8899634
and an ouji without poofy shortpants just because
>>
>>8899125
Thank you, this helped alot. Now i just need to wait for my mail to arrive.
>>
Any reference/pic/info for a fat ouji/aristocrat ? Can it work? This is a serious question.
>>
>40cm shoulders
>Most of brands have 38cm shoulders
Will anything fit?
>>
>>8901459
Men's sizes for Atelier Boz, Moitie, AatP, Excentrique; alice auaa, Deorart, Putumayo, and others also release things with 40cm shoulders or greater.

then there is Taobao, Western Indie, Bodyline, etc.
>>
>>8901494
There's no chance to fit 38, right?
>>
>>8901733

Some of Boz's coats have shoulders 44cm. I can't say about Moitie though sorry.
>>
File: tumblr_nvano4Og4K1utqoouo1_1280.jpg (146 KB, 540x1005) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvano4Og4K1utqoouo1_1280.jpg
146 KB, 540x1005
>>8901459
>>8901494
I fit into Boz with 46cm shoulders. It's tight, but still looks fine. Not many people really fit into lolita, the majority of us are squeezing into it and can't bend over or raise our arms above our heads.. but we're in it, and look fine. Ouji is even worse because we have to worry about all the extra measurements that come with pants, but if you're a few cm over you'll be fine. Remember you can always resew the buttons to loosen things up a bit as well.

That said I'm a 5'7 120lbs hungry skeleton and I struggle to fit into a lot of things especially if they're cut for women. My advice is only to buy secondhand and be prepared to sell things back if they arrive and don't fit. I've actually MADE money buying really cheap deals and being forced to sell it back for that sweet sweet USD.
>>
>>8901733
i just gave you brands that go over 38...? i don't understand.
>>
>>8878480
qq

i have white rabbit too, but no friends
>>
>>8885272
pricey as hell though, crying tears of blood

>one day when i can get out of school and get a real job..
>>
>>8901376
don't have a reference pic, it could work but you'd need to have your stuff tailored to fit, that would look best

>it's bad if your buttons look like it's about to pop off, as long as the fit is good you should be able to do it, but might have to try twice as hard to look good compared to skinny people
>>
File: tumblr_nqfaweFJ8d1sly027o1_500.jpg (120 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqfaweFJ8d1sly027o1_500.jpg
120 KB, 500x700
>>8901376
here is one pic

other anon gives good advice
>>
>>8902932
the examples i have aren't very good
>>
File: tumblr_nti0choy5q1sq85bao1_500.jpg (106 KB, 500x589) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nti0choy5q1sq85bao1_500.jpg
106 KB, 500x589
>>8902933
>>
File: tumblr_nxaw87jJ9e1sq85bao1_500.jpg (93 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxaw87jJ9e1sq85bao1_500.jpg
93 KB, 500x419
>>8902936
>>
>>8901376
Personally, I just hoarded accessories, shoes, and legwear until I lost most of the weight.
>>
>>8902921
>>8902932
>>8903058
Thanks guys, you giving me more confidence to pull this off. Love yall.
>>
>>8899294
It looks like there is one on LM right now, they list it as 70 cm max for the waist.
>>
>>8903591
I spotted that, thank you. While I'm under that measurement, having space for thick layers is nice, so I've gone for the mens' size. That said, this is an older version according to the seller, and I was more curious about the current production run. The main concern I've had ultimately is the bust being too big for me on the mens', size, and knowng that the bust is ok on the ladies but not knwoing the waist size is a pain. The waist on the mens size is okayish, albeit a little big, but I can cinch it in a smidge with the back dtrap detail.
>>
>>8903690
buy both and Frankenstein them together keeping half from each coat, then sell the unwanted V-shaped twin
>>
>>8902087
yes thank you. but knowing if i might fit 38 would be good too. i d have much bigger choice and variety then. also these brands are the more expensive ones. im poor.

>>8901874
46? are you guy? im just 5'7-8(?) girl. also too poor for buying just to resell.
>>
>>8904050
>but knowing if i might fit 38 would be good too.
measure across the front of your shoulders and see.

>also these brands are the more expensive ones. im poor.
get them second hand and learn to use Taobao.
>>
>>89037737

Wow, that sounds liek an utterly ridiculous and unfeasible idea. Might as well have a completely custom made coat based on it. Just easier to get the mens' size and have the vest part taken in a little.
>>
File: IMG_20160310_175821-01.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160310_175821-01.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
Just bought a pair of legwarmers because of the cute pattern, but never had much experience with leg warmers.
>How should they be used?
>Should I wear stocking under them?
>What colour?
>What type of shoes?
>What colourm
>>
>>8904405

You've made a terrible mistake.
>>
>>8904405
legwarmers are a bit outdated. they might work as a hybrid with another style, like nanchatte or punk. with ouji, i have only seen leg covers that were clearly not socks used when they are clearly extensions of the shorts, usually attached to them with straps. however even this is an outdated look.
>>
File: cropped_header_1440587277720.jpg (487 KB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
cropped_header_1440587277720.jpg
487 KB, 1080x607
>>8904405
Wear them on your arm and show of your power level. When you walk do the windmill and rotate your arms around for more kawaii desu~~~~~~ effect
>>
>>8904050
i am a guy yes

i just bought 3 brand blouses for $70 total off of yahoo auctions. one of them fit, the other two i resold for 40 and 50. you can really flip things if you learn where to look. my friend who showed me how has made crazy money hunting down deals, like.. buying an old AP set for $50 and reselling it for 200. i wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't seen it.

i bought a vest for ~100 off the AatP website and a few weeks later found it secondhand for 45, feels bad man.
>>
File: tumblr_o30xnmYHP91s2vi7xo1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1196x1800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o30xnmYHP91s2vi7xo1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1196x1800
>>8905676
>i bought a vest for ~100 off the AatP website and a few weeks later found it secondhand for 45, feels bad man.
at least you supported the brand directly fampai, may they use your dollars wisely

>pic unrelated
>>
>>8905454
XD Arigatou anon-chan. Will do~
>>
>>8905676
Any tips you're willing to share on the initial hunting? I've also got 46cm shoulders and I had resigned myself to having to make everything.
>>
File: 16_3_13_320_1.jpg (47 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
16_3_13_320_1.jpg
47 KB, 426x640
>tfw dream item popped up on Closet Child and quickly sold
>was very reasonably priced
>am still unreasonably poor

grats to the lucky bastard, please care for it for me
>>
>>8907405
make a list of all shops/brands you find that carry larger sizes. add to it as you discover them.

usually, items which button up on the men's side are more likely to have wider shoulders/armholes. when a blouse or jacket is displayed on a dress form, if the hem is well below the waistline (closer to the bottom of the form) it is also likelier to be a larger size. i look for these two things while browsing and they usually work to identify mens blouses.
>>
what is everyone doing?
>>
>>8899121
This looks so stupid with the horns worn sideways like that.
>>
>>8913767
don't do drugs kids. always coord sober.
>>
HOW TO BOYSTYLE AS A BALD BOY?
>>
File: il_570xN.897032670_dq37.jpg (38 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.897032670_dq37.jpg
38 KB, 570x570
>>8913795
wig
>>
>>8899110
I really like the clock bag. I hope AliExpress one will look as good as the one in the picture. Tho 4 being written as IIII still bothers me a bit. Waiting warmly. Also I like their coords in general.
>>
>>8914243
review when you get it?

i also like their coords
>>
>>8840621
Buttcape (Bottom Left) always looks good.
>>
>>8905679
I love that Roland coat
>>
File: tumblr_o47putxUah1ukhidzo1_1280.jpg (142 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o47putxUah1ukhidzo1_1280.jpg
142 KB, 1080x1080
can't really get into sailor ouji. seems like quirky womenswear 2bh, way too different from other ouji styles.
>>
File: PUTUMAYO_61240104f.jpg (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PUTUMAYO_61240104f.jpg
91 KB, 600x600
>>8921876
To me it doesn't seem too different from sweeter ouji styles. Pic related is relatively similar, just with a normal blouse instead of a sailor blouse.

Obviously it's pretty different from more elegant and gothic ouji styles, but ouji is a pretty broad fashion, with both elegant and cute looks.
>>
>want to be ouji
>dark skin
>scars
>also acne scars
>hair is curled (I'm african/arab so its not super nappy or anything. just doesn't fit)
can i or nah?
>>
>>8923415
>Not taking advantage of some kind of North African prince visiting Europe aesthetic

Wtf are you doing, anon?

Does makeup not do anything for your scars?
>>
>>8923415
heck yeah. just take care of your skin, and wear appropriate primer+foundation to smooth and even it out. as for hair, curly haired princes are super cute. you can also wear a good wig.

will see what i have for dark-skinned ouji inspo.
>>
File: 1438387746075.jpg (379 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1438387746075.jpg
379 KB, 1280x1280
>>8923430
the best ones i have are female, hope that's all right
>>
>>8923415

Try adding a glycolic acid AHA to your skincare routine, it'll help with your scars. EGF, Vit C and hyaluronic acid are a good shout too. These should also help with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
>>
>>8923432
for curly hair, you can do something like pic related
>>
some ouji makeup tuts

>"Shiny Prince"
>>
>>8923459
>"Classic Prince"
>>
>>8923462
*Classical Prince, sorry

and

>"Dark Prince"

basically, sweet, classic, and gothic ouji looks. never saw sweet called "shiny" before, i vote for that to be the new name for it.
>>
>>8923422
Huh. I'm new around here. Didn't expect people from 4chan to be so supportive no offense :) haven't really ever used make up before either. Got any good guides/tips? Thanks ahead of time.
>>
>>8840668
I didn't realize there were substyles, awesome
>>
>>8925719
yep, see the makeup tutorials above. ouji is boystyle lolita so it follows the same categories.

>>8923732
what specifically are you looking for?
>>
>>8925853
Don't know much about it. I guess just basic stuff. Covering up scars/blemishes though I'd perfer it to look as natural as possible.
>>
>>8926077
check out the makeup thread, and do some googling to see what might work for you. youtube tutorials are a good source to investigate also
>>
>>8926077
Are you male or female?
>>
>>8927499
Male :)
>>
What type of shoes go best with sailor ouji?
>>
File: tumblr_noz8hjvQCO1rw4k13o4_500.jpg (76 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noz8hjvQCO1rw4k13o4_500.jpg
76 KB, 500x667
>>8929389
depends on whether you are closer to sweet or classic. rockinghorses go well with sweet...
>>
>>8929408
and sometimes boots do also
>>
File: tumblr_n9c9zikjH41s01fyuo1_1280.jpg (458 KB, 707x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9c9zikjH41s01fyuo1_1280.jpg
458 KB, 707x1200
>>8929409
for edgier looks, boots seem most common. i do not know what pic related are but they would also work.
>>
Any recommendations or sample of messenger bags or backpack for a person that is trying to go around con wearing ouji?
>>
everyone and their mom have these diamond socks. where can i get mine for cheap?
>>
Is there brando for ouji ? Is there a list?
>>
>>8930735
diligent 2nd hand shop checking

>>8930834
see the links in OP
>>
>>8930642
what substyle/type of ouji do you wear?
>>
>>8930838
I am male and new to this, but it's neverland.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 128

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.