[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buyers Remorse/Horror Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: JJ-3407.jpg (102 KB, 641x396) Image search: [Google]
JJ-3407.jpg
102 KB, 641x396
What purchases have you regretted or have provided horror story fuel for you?

>that cheap Milanoo lolita?
>the contact lenses from that shady website?
>buy a wig that the shop never sent months later?
>your package of kawaii clothes filled with foreign spiders?
>>
>>8938525
Holy lantern
>>
>>8938536
Sell it! It's an easy sell atm if you aren't greedy.
>>
Old one but it's made me wary of buying from other people.

>see a pair of Jfashion shoes on ebay
>they're used but look in great condition
>I win the auction for them at $20 which was way less than the seller wanted for their Buy It Now price
>seller promises shoes will arrive in 5 days
>I don't get any tracking number but it's ok because the seller lives in the state above me so I know it won't take long
>5 days come and there's no box with my shoes
>instead I get a letter in USPS envelope with handwritten name/address and no return
>inside is another handwritten note on USPS stationary that says "Found loose on mail floor" or something like that, the cursive was hard to read
>enclosed is a printed out paypal transaction for the shoes I bought

>I immediately think the box with my shoes had some kind of mishap during shipping
>immediately contact the seller and tell her what happened
>she seems baffled and has no idea why USPS sent me a letter
>I ask her for the tracking info to find the shoes
>"The post office didn't give me tracking."
>ask her to call her post office to ask them about it then
>get another excuse and tries to tell me to sort it out myself and call them
>ask her outright what shipping method she got
>"I got flatrate priority mail."
>that includes tracking, why is she saying otherwise?
>she gets defensive and keeps claiming they didn't give her tracking
>she gets mad and posts the receipt to prove they didn't give her tracking

>receipt isn't for a package, it's for a USPS envelope
>same envelope that was mailed to me
>I call her out on her shit, immediately think she's a scammer and threaten to file a claim
>she rages at me and keeps all capslocking that she didn't buy an envelope, she bought a package!
>open a claim with ebay
>she finally produces evidence of a package
>check the tracking on it
>it was marked as undeliverable as addressed and sent back to her
>she some how fucked up my address
>get money back anyway and she keeps the shoes
>>
I kinda regret buying the pink holy lantern zipper jsk instead of Lav. I hope it looks cute as the promos were so I don't hate it, there is always trades though
>>
Half the stuff I buy on Taobao. Maybe I have shitty luck, but my last two orders have included a twintail wig with a non-matching base wig and a pair of shoes that I was sent two different styles(same color however).
>>
File: hankfeel.jpg (256 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
hankfeel.jpg
256 KB, 720x480
Oddly enough, Bodyline and some Taobao pieces. They're so cute worn on others (the tumblr dedicated to good coords are a trap), but everytime I get something that's other than shoes (though, sometimes those ended up running too small), I'm always dissatisfied with the quality even though I tell myself that I shouldn't expect much for the price.

I also regret my early years of buying sweet lolita. Another thing that suits other people more than me. I wish I had stuck with gothic before transitioning to classic. It would have been way easier than purging my wardrobe.

Wow, sorry for the blog post.
>>
I bought a Lockshop Mermaid beachy wig. Enough said.
>>
Ista Mori's Captain Mia. Cute print, cute cut, crap craftsmanship. Put me off Ista Mori pretty solidly.
>>
>>8939060
thats so sad and unfortunate anon but its so funny at the same time
>>
>>8939586
If it's any consideration to you anon, I have compared Nameless Poem and Captain Mia side by side and they're in two completely different leagues as far as craftsmanship is concerned. They've stepped up their game, don't be afraid to give them another shot someday.
>>
Is Holley Tea Time still shit? I'm trying to find some cute things and I don't wanna regret it.
>>
>>8938999
Pink zipper JSK was my second choice and I could only afford one JSK during the MTOs. I'll gladly buy it from you.
>>
I too regret getting the holy lantern pink zipper jsk. The longer I wait for it, the less I like it. I wish I bought the white one too, but I felt like 3 was really pushing it.
>>
In 2010, I bought what ended up being a VM stock photo replica off eBay. The original VM photo was for an over dress, but the replica was an attempt to make it as if it were an OP. The fabric was shitty, the sizing was horrendous (I got the smallest size supposedly, but I was swimming in it.), and I paid $60 for it.

The experience left me kind of traumatized and I didn't try to get into lolita again until 2012/2013.
>>
>>8939596
That's actually good to hear, I really liked nameless poem. Didn't get it because of my captain Mia experience and the fact that the bodice was so stupidly short.
>>
>>8938558
>USPS didn't give her tracking
>any package sent via USPS receives a tracking number automatically
First of the many signs she was a scammer.
>>
>>8939060
It's not just you, taobao is so hit or miss that I gave up a long time ago. Just stick to what's well reviewed: dear celine, hmhm, krad, etc. otherwise it's a crap shoot.
>>
>>8939728
Aw, I'm sorry you missed out on it because of that (though I will definitely agree with the bodice being really short, I have a super short torso and it's still noticeable on me). I've owned close to 50 brand dresses in the last couple of years and one of the things that impressed me most about Nameless Poem (other than the materials) was the construction.
>>
Mostly remorse whenever I try to convince myself something will fit and it doesn't and I have to deal with the bullshit of selling it at a loss, such a bitter pill.
>>
>>8939737
I'm glad to hear that they've improved! Mia was a shitshow. Such a good concept though. I love it when indies manage to hold up against brand. One of my best made pieces is KL. Zero regrets for that purchase!
>>
>>8939557
Shit, I have one in transit. What is so bad about it?
>>
>>8939770
Wigs from lockshop aren't bad just a lot of people have been scammed when it came to getting their wigs.
If your wig is on the way already, then you're probably fine
>>
>>8939557
could you elaborate? was it the wig itself that was bad quality or was it the customer support?

>>8939699
you'll def find a buyer, especially if you're willing to let it go for what you paid originally.

>>8939774
there have been a couple of quality concerns about it that I've heard but yeah, if you've gotten past the maws of their horrendous CS then you should be ok.
>>
>>8939557
I bought one of their mermaid wigs in vanille. It was fucking vile when I received it. If you even so much as look at it the wrong way the piece of shit frizzes up. I hate Lockshop.
>>
>>8938525
Not so much a horror story as much as just regret.

>order wigs from an eBay store that has super fast shipping as it's based in Aus
>always happy with orders and use store multiple times
>find a similar eBay store that also ships from Aus, order 2 batches of wigs from both in 1 order
>after about 2 months order still hasn't arrived, check with post office, nothing has come through
>not angry or dissapponted, politely message both stores explaining the situation
>have a lovely chat with them and they're very helpful and agree on a refund for my missing goods
>everything seems good, happy with service and leave a great review for each store
>try to order again a week later as I'm sure the shipping incident wasn't their fault and still a satisfied customer
>both stores have fucking banned me from shopping with them

I regret ever asking for a refund now because I've lost my super fast shipping eBay go to stores :(
>>
File: 8fsf3Q8.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8fsf3Q8.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>win auction for knockoff loli shoes
>pay through Paypal
>guy sends me message asking for payment
>explain that I sent it
>he disagrees
>check my Paypal
>he never accepted the transaction
>call eBay, thinking the site's fucked
>eBay lady tells me that the seller never confirmed his info with eBay, or something? can't recall the exact issue, as it was two years ago
>message the seller, telling him that the problem is on his end and how he can fix it
>guy is as dumb as a brick and asks me to mail him a check
>try to explain again why his account isn't working
>he seems to think the problem is that I don't know how to use the post office
>"I'll mail you a self-addressed, stamped envelope and you can send me a check in it. Ok?"
>what the fuck?
>occasionally pester him for a month to fix his account
>every time, he fails to grasp what the problem is
>"You can send me a shoebox with a check inside, and I will mail you your shoes in the shoebox."
>again, what the fuck?
>finally, guy tells me I can just have the shoes for free
>happily accept
>"Never mind. My new lady gave them away. Sorry, kid."

That little spot of hope before defeat was just a final kick in the macaroon.
>>
>>8940554
Hope you left him bad feedback.
>>
Arda Silky, JFC. This still burns my ass.

>Arda Silky wigs are 30% off when they first come out.
>This is probably the biggest discount Arda ever gave at this point, buy $80 worth of wigs for upcoming projects.
>Two days later - they up the discount to 50% but will not give the new discount on past orders. Fine, whatever.
>Wigs arrive. They are SHINY AS HELL and flat. Not at all what I have come to expect from the brand.
>Try to make due. Curl wig 1 in hot water. It turns into a frizzed, tangled, disgusting rats nest from hell. Never in my life have I seen such a wreck of a wig, even the ones I've worn a dozen times.
>Try for hours to detangle. Despite being a "silky" and made for this, the fibers are crimped and damage. Eventually am forced to throw it away and buy a new wig.
>Wigs tangle constantly as I try to style and comb them. Doing any work is a nightmare and takes forever.
>A few days later silkies go on 60% sale (almost half what I paid)
>Now the Arda site has the silkies on final sale or out of stock, claiming that they're re-vamping the fiber
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>8938536
I'm assuming you got it before the rerelease/MTO. I stupidly bought British Bear at a scalped price thinking I should stop being such a bitter poorfag as it would only get more expensive from there. Of course it
Got a MTO like the day after I paid my SS shipping fee.

In 2010 or something I bought from Milanoo. Despite the 6 years I was already in lolita I had no idea about buying anything online or comms just snippets from GLBs. All I recognised was old school familiarity, not the lacemonsters, replicas, stolen images and terrible fabric. These socks match nothing but old AP in black colorways that include radioactive green. I did get a decently cute sailor blouse, but I have to iron the shit out of it.
>>
>>8940579
No, I kind of pitied him for being so clueless. I cancelled the payment, so really no harm besides the annoyance.
>>
>>8939737
How tall are you may I ask? I've been afraid to jump on the Nameless Poem bandwagon for religious reasons and the massive price fluctuations but it's such a simple, elegant, classic dress and most 'elegant' things look ridiculous on me. I look stumpy in IW, most bodices look too long and long skirts only serve to make me look even stumpier. There's about 30cm between my shoulder and waist; do you reckon it'd sit well on me?
>>
>>8939770
>>8939801
The wig was frizzy af, tangled super easily and the fibres weren't good quality at all- they were super coarse. I wore it once to try on in my own home, not even for more than an hour and it took forever to brush out.
>>
File: glb58.jpg (102 KB, 725x1049) Image search: [Google]
glb58.jpg
102 KB, 725x1049
My only Lolita regret is, unfortunately, sort of big. Back when I first got into Lolita it was still old school times and OTT sweet and crazy prints weren't big yet. By the time I was able to buy the clothes and build a small wardrobe, everyone and everything was OTT sweet. It wasn't until a couple years after building my wardrobe I realized that I wasn't really in love with my Lolita clothes, and that's when it dawned on me that I fell in love with old-school and don't like wearing super sweet and colorful / OTT stuff. Now I'm at a point where I am not in a place to be able to buy new Lolita clothes right now, and I'm not even sure if Lolita is for me anymore, so I regret my noobie mistake constantly.
>>
A more experienced cosplayer (or so I thought) bullied me into buying Milanoo cosplay shoes instead of making my own for my first cosplay.

They arrived two sizes too small and fell apart. I sobbed on the phone with my partner for two hours.
>>
>>8940585
Jesus Christ, me too. I usually don't work with ultra long wigs so I wasn't sure if it was just relative inexperience but the further I got into it the more certain i was that Arda had fucked me over. I got rid of them and got new wigs and what a difference.
>>
I regret everything I ever bought from Bodyline, except for the shoes.

I also regretted every lolita shoe purchase, with the exception of the Bodyline and Montreal rocking horse shoes. Everything I've bought just doesn't fit my big feet.

I also regret buying a Lockshop wig.It just wasn't that great for the price. It kept getting tangled, no matter what I did.

I don't, however, regret buying Holy Lantern in pink. I got it in today and it's cute as fuck. I do kind of regret not getting anything in wine, but I was kind of sick of seeing everyone saying they were getting wine.

Eh, and my biggest regret was buying Twinkle Journey from a certain seller. TLDR is I was scalped a little and knew it and got fucked over in the shipping (over payed for tracking and insured and quicker delivery and she sent it out late with like basic 1st class shipping) and then I was so exhausted by the end that I didn't go to the mods about it cause she was kind of popular. That was a bunch of years ago. I will never make that mistake again, I don't care who you are. I still like the dress and it hasn't stopped me from wearing it, but I won't go through something like that again.
>>
> be me
> just a newbie babby lolita at the time
> watches one of Lovely Lor's wardrobe videos
> "I get all my blouses from eBay! They have really great blouses! Just look up "frilly blouse" and you can definitely find one for lolita!"
> thought that was a great idea
> followed Lor's advice and bought the first thing I saw
> "Wow, it's only $15! What a steal!"
> get the package
> blouse is made out of a really shiny and cheap satin-like material
> wonky craftsmanship
> overall Milanoo-quality tier
> shoves blouses in the back of my closet never to see the light of day

This happened maybe a year and a half ago. Now I know better.
>>
I really regret most of the purchases I made as a babylita. My worst one was getting a classic skirt even though I wanted to get into sweet.
>it was offwhite so I thought I'd have matching accessories
>mfw it arrives and it's olive freaking green
>offwhite my big fat juicy booty
>>
>ETC chocolate pretzel dress,
>gotta get fake pretzel to clip to my head bow
>Purchased fake pretzel clip in September.
>No word by October.
>Email them.
>No response.
>Email again early November,
>Response saying it will be done asap they're just waiting on the clip backing.
>Ok.
>Finally ships early December and arrives a week or so later.
>Clip shows up
>Resin uneven on the back
> Different clip which was viable when worn
>leave 2 star review
>seller accuses me of lying and asks me to change my review

>sure
>one star review
>>
>>8940554
Maybe he wasn't a native english speaker?
>>
>>8940846
nah he just sounds like an old person
>>
File: regretyline.png (198 KB, 511x293) Image search: [Google]
regretyline.png
198 KB, 511x293
When I first got interested in lolita I thought I would be satisfied with cheap shit from Bodyline, because I tend to shift interests pretty easily. I bought these with real money. I don't know why. I... don't know what to do with them. I know NOW that the only things I bought from bl worth having were shoes, but I've got these two JSKs (a size too big for me, as well, because I overestimated my measurements and underestimated the power of shirring) as well as a couple blouses (that I hate). Pretty common newbie regrets, at least I didn't spend a TON of money on trash.
>>
>>8939844
just ask a friend to buy from them
>>
>>8940658
ah, this reminds me of when a former "friend" suggested me to buy a costume from some site (don't remember which one). the costume was good enough for me but later said "friend" wrote something about me buying it off from Milanoo here. the catch is that they don't even sell that particular costume on Milanoo.
>>
>>8940870
You could always sell them here?
>>
>>8940840
nice copypaste

>>8940870
That purple one on the left looks hella nice though. Maybe I just have shit taste, but if tones down with a solid black blouse and tights it'd be nice.

The purple one looks nice too? I think. I'm not sweet.
>>
>>8939547
I feel you, anon. I wish I hadn't gotten into sweet back in the day. I liked gothic and classic but was also an Alice fag. I should have just stuck with black and jewel tones. They suit me so much better than sax. My cheekbones are also more defined than I think looks good with sweet.

This really pissed me off and I still regret not noticing:
> Buy older wool blend MMM skirt with velvet details on comm sales
> It arrives and looks great for its age with the velvet still in great condition.
> Try on and then put in closet.
> Go to wear it out a few month later.
> Notice that the hem has been repaired a couple times and still needs restitching in some places.
> Hate myself for not noticing earlier.
> Seller had never mentioned this.
> Tfw I'll never get my money back and can't even manage to sell it at all.
So many regrets.
>>
>>8940554

This was probably a scam, if you pay outside of Ebay, then there's no way for you to dispute it and he gets free money.
>>
>>8940970
I probably will try to, after I offer them to friends.

>>8941343
The purple and black one is a cute print, honestly, but I CANNOT find a purple to match it well and because I ordered a size too big it looks terrible on. The material is also pretty mediocre. The other one, I bought when it was first released so... the print is actually backwards; there are little words in french but they're flipped so that's kind of weird. I'm not really into sweet I don't know why I bought it. Probably because I thought that if I bought this it would somehow satisfy the craving in my heart for CDC.
>>
>>8940591
I would 10/10 wear those for St. Patrick's day lmao
>>
>~3 years ago, back when i still used dumblr
>psa post with 10k notes appears on my dashboard
>"this website is having a HUUUUGE blowout sale on wigs for anyone into cosplaying or lolita!! i just bought like 20 wigs!! uwu"
>mom holy fuck.jpg
>wigs are 70%-90% off, tell my friends i will be getting them a wig of their choice for christmas
>everyone is excited
>i buy about 12 wigs
>wait for them to arrive
>after 2 months they still aren't here
>check the website i bought them from
>the website doesn't exist anymore
>me and my friends got excited over a scam
>the wigs never came
>>
>>8942354
Oh shit I remember this happening. I just laughed about it because I knew it was too good to be true.
>>
>>8939586
I have the OP and I think it's pretty decent, where's the problem?
>>
>>8942354
I remember this happening too, my sister bought a ton of wigs but they actually refunded her after some time.
>>
>>8942433
Basically the fabric was so-so, the lining material was awful and iirc was too small for the skirt. I got the high waist skirt, and the waist wasn't interfaced properly (there was a 3-4 inch part that was just completely missing), the sizing was off, and they used the godawful elastic thread shirring method that does ok in OPs and JSKs, but is a horrible choice for the skirt. There were good things about it, like they used plenty of material for the skirt part, and they print matched on the sides. But overall I wasn't thrilled about it.
>>
>>8938525
Group order remorse for everyone involved.
>Around 2010. Friend wants to get into gyaru, I loved lolita, other friend likes random kawaii shit
>Gyaru friend found a totally epic site selling everything from circle lenses to Liz Lisa, wanted everyone to get something to split shipping
>Site looks shady as all fuck
>I get a 'loliable' skirt, she gets a fuckton of stuff, kawaii friend gets a bunch of contact cases and makeup
>Months later, package arrives
>It's tiny
>Gyaru friend is missing 3 pairs of lenses, got extra lace gloves instead
>Kawaii friend's stuff arrives in pieces
>My skirt is ugly as sin and blindingly shiny
>Contacts and makeup are terrible, makeup smells weird and contacts have scratches, they both get rashes from the makeup
>None of the clothes fit anyone, weirdly proportioned- sleeves are freakishly long, skirt waistband is super small and has no zipper, stuff like that
>Email company but they never reply, go to the site, it's moved and won't say where to
>Goodbye refund
>Friend suddenly decides gyaru wasn't for her after all and goes off Jfash for years
>>
>>8940870
Just sell them. There are a ton of Bodyline-chans who love those dresses.
>>
>>8940554
Wow, macaroons really do look like vaginas.
>>
>>8940624
Sell your OTT stuff and use the money to buy some old school stuff for cheap on auctions!
>>
>>8946056
>>8900026
yeah they do
>>
File: 1453559626798.gif (570 KB, 209x209) Image search: [Google]
1453559626798.gif
570 KB, 209x209
It's not horror fuel but this is more like regret and and anger fuel

>babby's first buyee experience
>find a dress I like a lot
>I place a snipe bid of my minimum price
>so far so good, no one else is bidding on it
>right after the auction ends I lose bc someone outbid me

A month later,
>I find someone selling that dress in her shop
>she overprices it to $69
>tfw the winning bid was for $34

HOLY FUCKING RE-SELLERS, I CAN'T EVEN.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.