[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels thread: take a fucking shower edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: saafpgl.png (470 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
saafpgl.png
470 KB, 720x480
Old thread is in autosage >>8934771

Try to keep it /cgl/ related.
>>
>>8940073
Let me be the first one in the thread to say kek
>>
>been chubby for a while
>run a cosplay page for myself so i'm used to dumbass comments
>negative comments on my weight never really bothered me
>want to cosplay a bunch of characters that show midriff so decide to lose weight- hoping for a flat tummy by summer
>losing weight now by eating smaller portions and working out more

>now comments on my weight just piss me the hell off

"did you lose weight? you look prettier anon!"
"wow, you're kinda chubby, if you lost weight you'd look so much better"
"lmao are you pregnant? gross!"

someone even linked me a photo of me when I first started cosplaying and said "you were so pretty here, you should get at this weight again" ....in that photo I was malnourished..

I don't know what it is about losing weight that makes the comments feel a lot worse. I'm trying my best and it makes me feel like all my hard work is for nothing
>>
File: fuckyoubitch.gif (756 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoubitch.gif
756 KB, 500x281
>making Panty's gun
>finish the paper template
>it's a foot too long

How did I even do this? What a digital dummy.
>>
File: 1395056605667.gif (955 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1395056605667.gif
955 KB, 300x162
I'm really stressed out and it's my own fault for being a lazy shit
> have big assignment coming up that I have 3 days off spread over different weeks to work on
> literally did jack shit and I don't remember why
> have to hand it in on monday and it's stressing me out
> have lots of stressful dreams like getting pets that I forget about and become close to dying and forgetting my laptop on the train
> regret
Why couldn't I just have done shit in time so I wouldn't be dealing with this. Worst is that it's a synopsis I have to use for one of my exams so that's why it's even more stressful for me.
>>
File: 1358133006594.jpg (48 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1358133006594.jpg
48 KB, 620x349
>2 weeks to con
>fixing some stuff on an old cosplay + making a simple new one
>have relatively good time
>SUDDENLY
>DAD IS VISITING
>YOU MUST HAVE TIME FOR ME DAUGHTER I AM YOUR PARENT

help
>>
File: 1452197487518.gif (550 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1452197487518.gif
550 KB, 728x720
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who play the violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, piano, keyboard, harp, sax, trumpet, trombone, banjo, kazoo, ukulele, drums, guitar, erhu, accordion, concertina, xylophone, euphonium, glass harp, french horn, hammered dulcimer, or jew's harp
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can fulfil the role of an orchestral concert percussionist by playing instruments like the triangle, chimes, and cymbals
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who sing in falsetto, vibrato, or tremolo
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can read musical notation or can conduct an orchestra
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can sing in constructed languages like Hymmnos
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can DJ or use sound synthesis programs
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who may not be able to play music for any variety of reasons but I'm sure have good music taste anyway

I know I've said this a lot and have probably worn it to death but I really do mean it when I say you're the best!
>>
>>8940149
do you have to do this in every thread
>>
>>8938714
>If you want to tell someone you think they look cute you can say "hey I think you look cute" instead of telling them what they should do with their face to be even more appealing to you.

This x10. Cool story bro:

>Someone made off with my glasses at a convention once after I set them down (stole them or accidentally took them... I have no idea why someone would take a pair of boring prescription glasses).
>I'm blind as hell and was walking to the lost and found to report it. A hotel employee decided now was a great time to joke around with me.
>Does something with his hands that I literally cannot see. Remain in pissed off, resting bitch face mode as I walk by without looking at his amoeba-like blob form.
>Guy gets annoyed and tells me to lighten up and smile, it's just a joke.
>Go off on him about how someone stole my glasses and I can't see him, and am trying to find the management office.
>Guy apologizes profusely and guides me to the right place.
>>
I'm stressed gulls and it all has to do with a stupid cartoon about a bug and a cat...

>started watching miraculous ladybug
>it's cute, I like it.
>suggest it to best friend
>she watches it. Wants to cosplay cat noir at upcoming con
>cool I'll cosplay ladybug. It'll be fun
>she tells me I shouldn't
>why?
>I shouldn't waste my time or money making it since I already have other cosplays I need to make
>I mean it wouldn't be too hard but I guess your right
>I postpone ladybug
>I then go on Facebook
>friend's gf has posted a picture of her con lineup
>ladybug is on it
>coincidence?
>ask her what made her choose ladybug
>"oh my gf is doing cat noir and asked me to be her ladybug and she's going to make me the cosplay"
>oh
>so that's why my friend talked me out of it.

That was annoying and made me feel like idk I wasn't good enough for them, but then things got weird....

>best friend really likes cat noir
>REALLY likes him
>suddenly decides she's gender fluid and wants to be called Adrien(which is cat noir's name)
>cuts and dyes her hair to look like his
>dresses like him every day
>"lol I'm actually cat noir, real life cat noir"
>pls stop
>gets upset when other people cosplay him

I'm concerned and everytime I bring it up she yells about how nobody is accepting her and it scares me, gulls. I want to think this is just a "finding herself" phase but she is nearly twenty and I'm a few years older. I've stopped watching miraculous ladybug because of all of this.
>>
>>8940193
....Anon, for your sake, I hope she's not an otakukin. Yikes.
>>
My second job I got to be able to buy lolita releases is completely shattering my confidence. I have three days off a week in a row and I just spent all of that worrying about going back. I mess everything up because I get so nervous at work.

Then I realized this pattern,
>bf's mom shattered my confidence to wear lolita and cook.
>bf shattered confidence in our relationship and myself
>new job is shattering any confidence in have left

We moved out of the mom's house and the relationship issues are years past. I can't seem to gain any confidence in anythingt, and I'm just at a complete loss.

I can't believe how supportive my family is of everything that I do, I should have never moved out and been a happy confident 21 year old at home.

>plus new job isn't paying me right an, a 100$ off of my first check, to scared to talk to manager to ask her about it.
>can't quit because I signed a lease living here last year.
>>
>>8940154

Actually I was going to stop soon. It looks like I've covered every instrument that every lolita or coser on this board plays. I'll probably post it once or twice now the list is so big but if no-one complains I left them out then I'm pretty much done. I only made the list as long as it was to make people not feel left out. What point is there in continuing if everyone is now included?

I can finally rest easy knowing that after nearly two years, and a small phase where I had to walk half an hour to use Uni internet to post, I didn't manage to leave anyone behind in this praise-gone-shitpost-gone-copypasta-gone-rampant.
>>
>>8940216
oh
well, if you're finishing, could you add djembe to the list for the last few? I'm trying to learn it to then move on to my orchestral percussion dreams and your copypasta has been kinda inspiring
>>
>>8940216
Add the concert whistle and uilleann pipes
pls
>>
Ill just go ahead and ask, what's up with not taking a shower? And I don't mean at cons (but that does apply) mostly in general. I know a lot of cosplayers/Lolitas that think once a week is acceptable.
The fug...?
>>
>>8940216
That's pretty cute, anon. I used to hate you but I can deal with your posts now. Add bass guitar, maybe?
>>
>>8940213
You might be dealing with some anxiety anon- I used to be like that. I was too stressed and frightened to go into work some days (and it was just fast food). I had no confidence and felt like i had a constant black cloud over me.

Go speak to a GP about it- even if its just simple lack of self confidence, they might be able to reccomend someone to speak to. Trust me, it's not worth living your life being afraid of your job/your school/whatever. I did it unintentionally for years and i feel like i wasted all that time looking back at it now.

Best of luck sorting everything out, i hope things start to look up for you <3
>>
>>8940193
what the heck that's some creepy shit

I really love ML but... people shouldn't be living through the characters. All you can really do is wait for the phase to pass, unfortunately.
Also, dick move on their part, they could've at least been upfront with you? I hate when people make up excuses and skip around issues when it would've been so much easier if they just told you the situation from the beginning.
>>
>>8940193
Just seen the trailer, it looks incredibly cringy and weeby

How old is your friend?
>>
>>8940239
I know some people get really depressed and stop taking care of themselves, hygeine is a first to go. Showering will make you feel better but it's hard to drag yourself into. Not op but that's my guess.
>>
>>8940241
Thanks anon, I wish I could talk to someone but I'm scared for anything like that to go on my medical file. My eventual plan is to join the Navy, and unfortunately visits like that don't fly :/

But I'll try to look into what other resources I can get into, because I'm too scared to quit the job while I'm still living here until July.
>>
>>8940248

She's 19
>>
>>8940193
Ditch your friend. That is some next level crazy. Tell them to love themselves a bit. Sheesh.
>>
>>8940251
When I was depressed I wouldn't shower for a week because our flat was ancient and the previous tenants were pigs so the bathroom was ten kinds of disgusting, showering just made me cry.
>>
>>8940367
I did wash my pits and crotch and wear deodorant and all that, before anyone starts. Now I'm fine, I moved to a nicer place.
>>
>Be a poorfag student
>Have been saving for my first brand piece
>Soon I would have enough
>Then shit happens
>My flatmate decides to move out in april
>Vacuum cleaner is hers
>Microwave is hers
>Even the damn cleaning supplies are hers
>Didn't want brand anyway
>>
>>8940086
People have no filter or sense online. Just lose weight at your own pace.
>>
All of my friends are sjws and almost everything they want to talk about is sjw stuff. Its gotten so old and stressful so I've been trying to make new friends, but I've found that I have a really hard time keeping conversations... Except for when its about sjw topics. I feel so pathetic! I also find myself being oversensitive to those topics and its really annoying.
I love my friends but I'm so tired of talking about oppression and cultural appropriation. I do think they are real problems I'm just so tired of hearing about it all of the time. Even when I try and turn the topic on to something else it goes right back to "The representation in that show is great" "That character is really problematic" etc... So when I try and have those conversations with other people I find myself jumping to those types of thoughts as well.
I feel really disappointed in myself, I just want to be able to have normal conversations without them turning tumblr.

>tl;dr after years of my friends being obsessed with sj I find myself being a sjw too and I can't seem to pull myself out if it, and I feel like its ruining future potential friendships?

Cgl related, I've been slowly losing weight (for lolita) and yesterday someone noticed! Even though I personally don't notice any change I feel a lot prettier in my frills already. I'm so excited to reach my goal weight now and Its given me motivation to work harder!
>>
>>8940213
Sounds like you need to toughen up.
>>
>cosplay almost done
>looks good, learned new things making it
>wig was a few days late so it worried me but it arrived today and it's cute as hell
>con is still several weeks away

Good feels today. All that worries me now is how2makeup but I have time to practise.
>>
File: happy1day.jpg (29 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
happy1day.jpg
29 KB, 539x960
I was thinking about putting this in the lolita moments thread, but I guess it has more feels than allotted.

>laid-off at FT job since February; on-call job haven't needed me since Valentine's day (in spite of recently expanding their hours)

>super stressed out about job hunting, no-call backs/post-interview rejections, and budgeting for bills
>made myself feel worse by visiting auctions and Wunderwelt (anyone else window shop more when they're depressed?)
>(mom in the same boat; talked over late breakfast, we both couldn't sleep over anxiety)
>finally fell asleep in the early am, but woke up to mail delivery dropping off package
>it's my first Closet Child purchase
>tfw mom came to check on me and haven't noticed the bright jsk sticking out my wardrobe (my lolita wardrobe is pretty full)
>tfw no barraging over how much I spent on it ( was a $60 AP jsk)
>first felt bad about spending money on it, in spite of being a wishlist item for cheap
>tfw dopamine rush from examining it up close or looking at it from my desk
>somehow gave me the confidence to apply for another job, even if it was a shitty retail one

I hope I get it. I've applied at so many places, but it's always that I'm over or under-qualified. I just want to make and save money and get out of this house more often. I love my folks, but I miss living on my own sometimes.
>>
>>8940216
Add musical theatre, please!
>>
File: alec.png (359 KB, 577x606) Image search: [Google]
alec.png
359 KB, 577x606
>when you smell a fart at the tea party, but everyone tries to stay cute and ignore it
>>
>>8940550
Where can I buy that item in your image? reverse search gives no results.
>>
File: IMGA0005.jpg (128 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMGA0005.jpg
128 KB, 480x640
I made this costume a few years ago but it dissappeared during a move.

Makes me feel.
>>
>>8940086
it's because you are trying to better yourself for yourself and not anyone else, so when you read those comments they hurt a deeper part of your self.
people can be rude and hurtful and no matter what you look like it will never be what everyone wants. So don't give in to those jerk heads and just keep pushing towards where you want to be. Fuck the haters!
>>
I need a lolita friend. I'm part of the local comm but it's not super active and I'm bad at talking to people because I have a strong personality and don't know how to tone it down. I'm just afraid of never making friends on the kind of level where we hang out outside of meets, and it doesn't help at all that I'm too anxious to message people on facebook if we're not already tight.
>>
>>8940597
I found it in China town in Chicago. If you're ever in the area, it's worth checking out, especially if you need something to laugh out. The amount of Engrish and knock-off goods is unfathomable.

If not, try looking for cute/kawaii/Korean (travel) contact lens case. I know a shop called Art Box (a Korean stationary gift shop) sells them too.

The one I bought (in pic) is not worth the price since the mirror and the solution bottle kept falling off.
>>
>>8940239
I'll contribute with a "not taking a shower" story.

One of my boyfriend's former coworkers used to not take a shower at all. Let's call him R. R didn't like to take a shower legit believed that "the government inserted nanobits in the water to make it easier to spy on us!!" or some conspiracy BS. Therefore, he'd only take a shower whenever it would rain, even though the rainwater is dirtier due to the smog and air pollution. I live in a place where it only rains maybe 5-6 times a year, so you can imagine how bad it got.

Supposedly, it got to the point where my boyfriend and his other coworkers could smell R even before he came into the room. Every single time he did, R would go on long tangents about things completely irrelevant to work, like League of Legends, his animu waifu, the latest convention he attended, or "woe is me" stories about his life. After he would finally leave, the smell would linger for several minutes.

My boyfriend and his other coworkers were actually about to come up to their boss and demand an ultimatum: either force R to take a shower or else they'd all walk away from their job. Apparently, the boss didn't realize that R's lack of showering was a health issue and supposedly kept R employed out of pure sympathy.

Joke's on them because their company ended up shutting down anyway due to lack of money.
>>
>>8940239
I've never showered more then once a week as a general pattern, lately even less because now I'm a sad little NEET.

I never got taught to shower everyday and I've never had the desire to do so anyway. I never mention it to anyone though since people tend to freak out if someone doesn't shower themselves on a daily basis.
>>
>>8940136
how is this cgl related you daft cunt?
>>
>>8940810
I've heard that once a week is actually optimal, but only as long as you wash some areas regularly between showers and don't exercise...
That's what they say on TV here all the time, and I live in a rather rich northern Euro country. Also washing your hair every day is really bad.
>>
File: a.jpg (207 KB, 1393x2048) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
207 KB, 1393x2048
>follow local cosplayer on Facebook
>develop huge crush on her
>feel butterflies when she likes/replies to my comments
>actually run into her at a con
>mention that I like her page without seeming like a stalker
>she compliments my cosplay and asks for a hug

>browsing Fb two weeks later
>find out she died the night before in a wreck

I still check her page sometimes, as if I expect to see new updates or something. I can't believe it's been nearly half a year. Her closest friends still post pics of her sometimes, but I feel so alone in my mourning, as I never really knew her.

I don't know why this has stuck with me so much. It's horrible what happened to this beautiful young girl. But surely it's not normal, to feel such loss over someone you never *really* knew?

I don't know, there's probably just something wrong with me. Maybe her death makes me sad about something else in my own life. I just wanted to say something.
>>
>>8941075
nice selfpost
>>
>>8941077
>selfpost
>person mentioned is dead

are you fucking stupid
>>
>>8941081
As if people haven't pulled that shit for attention before, pls
It was the trick of the trade for every fakeboi on tumblr some years ago
>>
>>8940826
Washing your hair too often can be bad for it since it strips the natural oils.

>as long as you wash some areas regularly

That's the problem with people who don't shower very often, they forget to take the time to wash themselves outside of a shower or a bath.

Also they don't realize how much they smell. It's like people who have pets and their homes start stinking like animals, they're so used to the smell that they don't even notice it. My parent's home is like that. It's nowhere NEAR as bad as it used to be, but you still get the distinct smell of dogs and cats when you visit their house.
>>
>>8941082
A quick reverse image search confirms that they are actually dead, anon. But please, continue being salty
>>
>>8941075
Jesus.... One paragraph in, I thought this was going to be a happy feels story.

I'm really sorry.
>>
>sister is a nanny in the states
>parents have booked flights for the rest of my family to go visit her
>20 hour flight
>terrified of flying
>a-at least I can go to Btssb San Francisco right
>nope sisters in Connecticut
>>
>>8941116

Go to BTSSB NYC anon! Connecticut's really not far away.
>>
>Convention time, getting there by plane
>Leaving the country at 7 am in the morning, journey starts at 4:30 am (so in 20 minutes by local time)
>Haven't gotten any sleep for 2 days
>Mainly going cause certain friend will be there and we're supposed to be sharing a room together
>Friend is always busy working, started implying that they might not make it this weekend a few days ago
>All messages asking when/if they're arriving or not goes ignored (not purposely though I'm sure)
>Phone isn't working, so once I'm off of my computer I can't get in contact with them anymore

I feel sick to my stomach with intense body aches and just the thought of being in a big crowd, interacting with people and getting drunk with friends makes me want to throw up right now, and I'm just feeling super bummed out at the possibility of the one friend I want a hug from the most not showing up.

Hopefully I'll feel better once I've gotten some sleep, but at the same time I'm already slightly upset that I'll waste most of day 1 on resting in my room. There is no win/win to this situation.
>>
>>8941116
Do you know.. how big the US is?
>>
>>8940193
Yikes, you should jump ship with that one
>>
>>8940239
If someone doesn't shower or bathe daily or near daily I find them to be absolutely fucking disgusting.
I could understand missing a day or two for whatever reason, water going out at your place, being somewhere like a campsite where there's no showering, but at the very least you need to be wearing deodorant and body spray in those situations
>>
>>8941147
Showering every single day just sounds like a pain, once a week is enough for me personally and it's not like I go outside anyway.
>>
File: ur160223_seramun01.jpg (62 KB, 590x545) Image search: [Google]
ur160223_seramun01.jpg
62 KB, 590x545
I missed the fucking JINS x Sailor moon glasses re-release by a few days and I'm pissed, I was going to do it when I got home from a convention but I totally spaced and missed them again. Going to have to stalk auction sights, was going to go with both of the premium ones for flexibility with my coordinates and the sailor moon ones for every day since they are relatively inexpensive for frames and I love fandom shit.
Oh well. Time to stalk auctions come August.
>>
>>8941147
>implying you'll notice
>>
>>8941089
Just out of curiosity, what would be considered optimal care?
I mean I shower thoroughly at night, occasionally a quick wash in the morning, brush well two times a day, deodorant, hair kept clean.
I've been becoming more sensitive to the smells around me lately, so I am starting to care a bit too much about what I can do.
>>
>>8941209
No poo desu.
>>
I need to do the laundry and clean my room, have been trying to do that for the past 3 hours but still laying in bed
>>
>>8940086
What is it that makes people think they can make whatever the fuck kind of comments they want about someone's weight? The lack of tact is incredible.
>>
>>8940442
I'm the same way. I am anti-oppression, used to be pretty fiery about it, but I've become much more patient esp because I'm an activist + high school teacher and aim to always be open and kind in discussions.

In younger crowds. SJW groups can def be a "cool kid" scene- who knows the newest jargon, who is the first to call someone/thing else out, etc. There is a little bit of "social justice purity" going on, which is the biggest complaint I have about the movement, but that's not unique to social justice. It can get tiring for sure. Think of any topic- you don't want to talk about it all the time, every time. Maybe you do when you first learn about it and it's exciting and the world looks different, but that can just be exhausting.

Strong political/moral beliefs, of course, affect your relationships. But that goes for everything. To relate it to cgl, even a hobby like cosplaying/dressing in lolita can open or shut off a potential relationship (people are judgy like that). It can be a struggle to reconcile fundamentally differing core beliefs about what's right, yeah, so it's different. But that's just something you'll have to navigate- choose when you feel like talking about that stuff is appropriate/right. I know to only engage a little bit when my racist mother rants about blacks, but I feel alright full-out venting to a SJ friend who knows why I'm pissed that someone calls me a half-breed.
>>
>>8941347
You sound absolutely insufferable
>>
>be me
>meet person through geeky interests
>oh no
>start to fall in love
>tfw cast aside whenever something comes up
>like she's allergic to fb when her mother has guests over
>not even her friends, her mother's
>start to resent
>resent grows into hate
>feel bad

It's so petty, gulls. She lives in another country but I get so jealous when she goes out with other people and I know she still goes out with the lgbt society of her uni. She used to tell me she loves me and send me cute emojis before bed, but now I just get 'night sleep well!'

Is this the start of a friendship falling apart? I'm so lonely irl, I'd probably just off myself if I lost her.
>>
>>8941272
Put the laundry in but have 0 motivation to get up again to hang them out to dry
Fuck
>>
>currently in the middle of a big ol' depressive episode
>not able to leave the house
>no motivation to sew
>heck no motivation to cook myself more than toast
>been wearing the same clothes for three days
>next con is in a week
>only a few small details to finish, but still no motivation

good stuff.
>>
File: 16087342299_f1325a938e_z[1].jpg (51 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
16087342299_f1325a938e_z[1].jpg
51 KB, 640x427
>wore a new cosplay to a con
>pretty dang proud of my construction and general presentation
>cute makeup (I used to have trouble with makeup and have been slowly improving at application)
>post-con; trawling the internet for photos
>half-blink or awkward expression in nearly every single picture that's shown up so far
>how long before photogenic

(I practise with auto-timed camera shots and everything, and those are lackluster too.)

>>8941365
I feel you, anon. No targeted advice, but keep on truckin. I've been in the same place before as well.
>>
>>8941178
Aww. I can't believe I haven't even heard of it. Oh well. My prescription probably wouldn't fit in these.
>>
>have a shit day like every day
>check lacemarket
>new positive feedback
>get ridiculously happy and excited
It's kind of pathetic but oh well
>>
>>8941139
it's a whole lot smaller than the ocean I'll have to cross to get there.
>>
>>8940216
I'll be sad to see it go. Also, weebiest board ever, why no ocarina?
>>
I'm feeling pretty unemployable, not even a NEET i volunteer a couple of days at a charity but...

I just feel it when i have an interview that i'm not who they want. They want someone outgoing, bubbly and driven and i just don't project that. I'm quiet, awkward and shy, more than the usual 'interview' jitters candidate, and i just know i'm not who they want. Even worse for retail because they want someone who can SELL (obviously) and interact with

I know plenty of other people are like me and can put on a mask when they need to and i just can't do that.

All my drive and energy is withering away and i just need to do SOMETHING, earn a share towards the household, earn a little self respect back... I'd love to start a small business and sell stuff at cons and online, and maybe grow from there but i'd need someone to work with me, especially someone better than me with dealing with banks and such.
>>
>>8941565
My boyfriend is having the same exact problem. I told him all he has to do is smile and be friendly during the interviews but he legitimately is too nervous to even smile.
I think you need to look at places/positions that aren't customer service driven, either that or find a place that a friend can get you into.
>>
>>8941574
Heh, thats part of the problem, i'm mostly looking at background positions but there is some kind of "everything is customer service" attitude in hiring these days it feels like. Or rather i've been straight up told that modern employers treat every position as some form of customer service, even interacting with coworkers is somehow considered a customer service interaction.
>>
>>8941209
I always feel like washing that much can't be good for your skin and it'll have the same effect as when you wash your hair every day.
>>
Lordy lord just had a small heart attack.

>someone had been spoofing my IP or something
>warned twice for posting in /v
>just got banned for a whole month for 'posting' in /mu.
>know my white day anon had posted my gift
>thank you senpai for reading my ban appeal or at least being kind enough to let me back on

I think I'd have had to go to McDonalds or something to post about it if I was banned. Cgl isn't a huge part of my life but gifters need to be thanked.
>>
I think lolita is the only thing that keeps me from killing myself. If I were to do it, I want to sell everything and give my parents the money.. but I don't want to sell my clothes
>>
>>8941665
I'd kill myself too if my name was Gerald
>>
>>8941663
I stopped at the Hungry Jack's (Aus Burgerking) near my new job for lunch right after starting. Their WiFi was permabanned by some apparently notorious /mu/ tripfag. It was hilarious.
>>
>>8941668
Quiet Ho.
>>
>>8941360
Stop using other people to fill yourself, they don't owe you anything.
>>
>>8941672
Thank you, I am
>>
>>8941360
You sound possessive and weird about a friend. It seems really unhealthy. Shit happens, she has an active social life that will not include you 24/7. Go make new friends of your own. If you're too desperate and weird, she'll be able to tell and might be pulling away because of it.
>>
This is more advice and I didn't see an embarrassing friends thread.
So I am friends with this extreme attention whore, like she's a tumblrina with the "Gotta make up shit and air all my dirty laundry so people can give me attention" type.
Like, first day we met she told me about how abusive and poor her family is. That's sad and all but I barely know you?
From then on any conversation I made she would find a way to bring it back to herself.
> Me and some friends are talking about the Harry-potter-in-America story.
> She decides to join in saying she's a wiccan and how she can do magic.
> We will be talking about goings on in 4chan
> She will bring up her Facebook and show me all of her relatives.
> Just today I was watching something on netflix, she taps me on the shoulder to show me her dragons and all their names in dragon skies, when I turned away she kept tapping my shoulder saying "No, look! Look! This one is a dust dragon and I named him Sandy."
Each time I just smile unenthusiastically and just nod like I'm speaking to a 5 year old. How the fuck do I tell her to knock her shit off without triggering her? How do I tell her that I don't care about her lesbian aunt in chicago who had a renaissance themed wedding and had her dog as the ring bearer? I don't want to be a complete dick to her, but when she starts pretending to cry because I'm talking to other friends about something she doesn't know, its becoming intolerable.
>>
>>8941720
>but when she starts pretending to cry
When she starts fussing just tell her to knock it off and that the world doesn't revolve around her. I assume she's of adult age, so you can always add a little "you're too old for that bullshit".
>>
>>8941565
Is there a military base nearby and are you a military dependant? I got my job without even being interviewed on a military base. I'm pretty sure it was because I'm a dependant. I'm just a lifeguard but MWR treats their employees well. It's worth a shot if you can.
>>
>>8941665
I felt the same way back before I managed to get my depression under control. My fucked up mind had already managed to convince itself that my loved ones hated me and would be better off without me, but any time I would start 'planning' my suicide, the issue of what to do with my wardrobe would eventually snap me out of it. Either I'd need to sell everything first which I didn't want to do and would possibly tip people off to my state of mind, or I'd need to inventory everything and leave my family a note explaining the second hand lolita market which would be a hassle for them, or I could just not do anything and have them donate everything to some charity not knowing the true value of the clothes which would be a waste, or... Well, you get the point. Thank you ridiculous frilly clothes for being my anchor to the physical world.
>>
Has anyone else ever been groped/molested at a con by another girl?
It happened to me once and I had no idea how to react. My bf later said it had looked like we were just hugging..?
>>
>>8940073
>tfw talk my bf into wearing one of my OPs and my girliest knickers
>all I wanna do is sniff his bum in my pantsu because he looks so delicious
>tfw he likes it
>>
>>8941775
Yes, and it's fucked. Dumb bitches think they can touch me just because we're both girls.
>>
>>8941075
I remember Blue! They were pretty famous in the Atlanta cosplay scene. It was a big loss.
>>
>>8941785
Did you just tell her off? It is pretty easy getting rid of unwanted male attention but if you yell stop to a girl people will be confused.
>>
>>8941720
In all seriousness, why are you friends with her? If she's this needy and obnoxious all the time, is she really fun at cons or something? It's hard to give advice when someone has this kind of extreme attitude because they're so far gone, they're probably going to pull the same fake crying/"my life is so horrible" air if you try to have a serious conversation with them about it. Some tumblrinas think it's legitimately abusive for people to not cater to their "aneurotypical" need for attention. i.m.o. your options are:

>Be straight with her next time they do something extreme, tell her that this behavior bothers you and you like her, but sometimes you want to be allowed to talk to other people/do other things. If she flips, you know she's a lost cause
>Begin holding her at arm's length. Turn her into an acquaintance more than a good friend. She probably behaves this way because she knows without fail she'll get your attention, so you need to start showing that this tactic won't work.
>>
>>8941795
We see each other each day at Uni and if I move away from her she moans my name from the other room or moves over to where I'm sitting.
I'm pretty good when it comes to telling off gross people, but I'm a pussy when it comes to people who mean well but are just fucking childish/annoying.
I'm afraid to make her cry by trying to distance myself or telling her that I don't need to be next to her 24/7. Then who's the bad guy there?
I'll try not giving her the attention she craves and distancing myself. I just hope she doesn't turn into a sniveling pile of jelly who screams "aboos! Aboos!"
>>
>>8941350
Sorry to hear that!
>>
>>8941360
Tell her that you'd like more affection without being unrealistic then. Also, tell her you're jealous but you know that it's unreasonable. She can have her own life. It's just your life revolves around her right now, and you wish it was the same way. Go find some other friend to hang out with/hobbies so you don't feel so lonely when she isn't paying attention to you.
>>
>>8940398
damn thats really tragic anon, you'll get your brand someday!

>>8940735
did you try the cgl friend making thread?
>>
>Last Christmas I got myself a bodyline JSK and blouse with birthday money gifted to me
>Skirt's not full enough and it looks a bit like a bubble if I even get close to a good amount of puff
>Don't mind too much as it's my first lolita dress and love it anyway
>Went into Camden yesterday for the first time
>Excited because of the food and the the slight possibility of getting another blouse or something similar there despite Camden being a goth/punk area
>Finds an adorable red and black coat and manages to negotiate the price down to £35
>Almost squealing with happiness from it
>Finds SaiSai
>Oh Lordy the rumours are true they have a couple lolita things
>They don't just have blouses, they have JSKs too
>Starts trying on some things and finds a JSK that I really like
>Buys it and walks out of store with the biggest grin even though it's just Infanta
>Puts it on this morning and twirls around feeling like a princess
>>
Tfw your favorite fabric store is closing.

Now there's only a joanns in my area and I'm in a deep love/hate relationship w them lol ;;
>>
>>8941957
I used to like visiting camden quite a while back, but i've not gone to london regularly for quite a long time, and my very hipster friends were complaining its been gentrified.

What'd you think, is it all coffee bars and trendy shops, or does camden still have some of that fun edge?
>>
>used to working slavedriver retail jobs my whole life
>when I got my second degree I was 'professional' enough to get into a good company
>albeit it's still technically retail/marketing
>customers call typically already pissed off + my calls are nitpicked by a "quality analyst"
>I have anxiety plus I like pleasing people so a mix of this really fucks with my confidence on the daily
>pay is alright and benefits are okay
>company also does this thing where they offer hours off to employees daily if it's not busy to save money, it doesn't affect our ft or benefit status
>I take it all the time because it's so hard pushing myself to go to this fucking job
>got my biweekly paycheck
>it was only $140 because I worked barely 20 hours over the period of two weeks
>haha welp no lolita
>stuck a lot of extrraneous spending on my credit card which I had worked so hard to wittle below 2k
>one of those purchases was a dream dress
>bf is picking up some of my slack
>can make the minimum payments on my bills but I will have to actually work a minimum of 45 hours next paycheck to pay my half of rent

Tfw I was planning on selling some of my lolita but it feels so bad to fall back on that. Hurts even worse knowing that I have a pretty privileged job to be able to take time off willy nilly when it's offered, but I think I did better when we were on probation and we weren't allowed that benefit for a good 5 months. Fortunately, my company trains me for a special department in another couple months. It's always busy so I'll never be able to enjoy the voluntary time off, or my sanity, ever again. And I can go right on back to bringing home my regular slave paychecks.
>>
>>8941983
I'm glad women are allowed to work nowadays and are not forced to stay home all day anymore.
Can you imagine how horrible that was? Being a full time housewife while your husband worked all day?
>>
>>8941994
Too bad you can't find a dude with a full time job so you could be a housewife anyway.
>>
>making a costume
>not a character
>nowhere appropriate to wear it
>no idea why I'm making it anymore
>obsessed with making this meaningless costume
>>
>>8940398
So you're mad at her for taking back what was hers in the first place? Grow up, fag.
>>
>>8941969
I would say that it does. I had a great time with all all the gothic and punk shops. There was even a guy sitting down on the floor with a homeless-esque saying "Help a punk get drunk. £1 a photo", which I found amusing, and a cashew seller was singing whatever song was on the radio to the customers. I think that the people are definitely different than in the rest of London, and I didn't think that it was hipstery at all, but it was my first time there so I might've just focused on the different aspects of it.
>>
>>8941175
Jesus Christ... How do you people live like this?

I shower every day because I bike to class and I exercise after school. How do you manage to only shower once a week and never go outside? Your life sounds really sad.
>>
>>8941983
You should consider looking for another job. This one is obviously bad for your mental health, and that does matter.
>>
File: image.gif (437 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
437 KB, 384x288
>into Lolita for years and years
>only have a few pieces because I'm anxious about it
>finally get super into it and start buying stuff like crazy
>never bought second hand
>but a grail piece is on LM
>sign up for LM
>buy piece
>24 hours and still no contact from seller
>send a friendly message about lol just making sure you got a notification
>18 hours after that
>seller hasn't read it
>assume seller has either died or is scamming
>panic
>>
>>8942031
Have you already paid?
>>
>>8942035
no, I've gotten no contact at all from them

I know I'm overreacting but it's still freaking me out, everyone here has told me they try and get to their buyers within hours or the next day. especially since this is my first experience
>>
>love lolita fashion
>started off as a lone lolita
>worked hard to have a decent sized wardrobe
>finally becomes friends with my local comm instead of just 'attending' the meetup
>lots of comm members start opening up to me
>nice to help friends out, share similar experiences I've gone through so they don't feel alone
>many are emotionally unstable
>tell me they're depressed, have anxiety. had depression for 10 years so I can empathize
>suggest they take medication and seek therapy
>none of them do
>still continue to rely on me for emotional support
>starting to wear me down after hearing years of stories of girls who are self-loathing
>starting to feel overwhelmed and bringing back memories from when I was anorexic and suicidal
>tell them I'm not a professional and probably not the right person to speak to about this
>losing lolita friends
>stopped going to meets
>back to being a lone lolita
>not really loving the fashion anymore

4 year run.
>>
>>8940087
How is that even possible? The gun's probably not even a foot long to begin with. Pics?
>>
>realize I can't fit into my lolita dresses anymore at 150 lbs
>freak out, start losing weight so i can fit into them again
>come to realize that last I fit into them i was 110 lbs
>think on it for a bit
>I'm 6ft (182cm) and that's a really unhealthy weight

I just have to accept that if i want to stay healthy, I can't fit into any lolita dresses that don't have shirring.
>>
>>8942079
What are your measurements, anon? I'm 5ft10 at 140-ish and I fit into most things no problem. Are all your pieces like really small or something?
>>
>>8942088
It probably has something to do with the fact they're 6 ft tall.
>>
>>8942088
I have the problem that it's super tight in the chest area, Even though I'm only a 34B
my blouses fit and my skirts fit fine, but when it comes to putting on my (bodyline M) jsks and ops I get the worst boobloaf- and thats if i can fit in it at all.

I haven't measured myself recently since I'm losing weight and am trying not to be obsessive about it.
>>
>>8941864
No, I'll hit it up and see though.
>>
>>8941363
The mere thought of smelling like mildew is enough motivation for me to crawl out of a ditch as I'm dying to dry my clothes.

I really really hate that smell.

Also, how is this cosplay related?
>>
The last member of my con-going/cosplay group has bowed out, so I'm faced with some new options if I want to go to fanime next month. We're all late twenties and part of this person's excuse was "I think I'm a little old for this." It's making me rethink everything, as I've come back around to square 1 of having to make new friends and build bridges again at 28. On one hand, there'll be people just like me still into it, and a positive attitude is all I need for success. On the other hand, people tend to be mistrustful of singles, especially older ones who just strike up conversation. So I guess what I'm venting is I need to go it alone and find new con friends, or recognize a good 10 year run and hang everything up for good like my friends have.
It feels like those are my options but both sound....impossible frankly.
I'm not a creep, I bet I could make friends but then I think, I WAS that way, Ill probably come off as desperate or needy (partially because I may be a little desperate and needy). Not like a lot, just enough to be a concern.
I feel like this is one those quarter life crisis they meme about.
I don't know way to do.
>>
>>8942139
cosplay, lolita, and other jfashion are all werable garments, wearable garments need to be washed.

speaking of which

>moved
>unpack lolita dresses
>everythings wrinkled like crazy
>scared to get my burando drycleaned
>even if i do get them all drycleaned I have so many garments it'd be expensive af
>>
>>8941298
Because being a lardbeast is detrimental to society for various reasons. Everyone should strive for a healthy weight.
>>
>>8940073
i love cosplaying. i really do, but i'm currently stationed on a ship, and we're deployed so much i don't have time to make anything, nor do i have a place to store it or wear it.

i just want to be a space marine. why is life like this
>>
>>8940442
I understand, it's really tough to get out of the stick-up-your-ass mindset when you've trained yourself to always see the problems with everything. I used to be like that back in school.
Try making a SJW-free Internet space. Look at pictures of flowers, read about the newest brand releases, read manga or watch anime without thinking about representation, whatever. You'll find that it's pretty easy to find sjw-less things even on Tumblr, if you know how to block certain tags.
You'll know when you've stopped being insufferable. Go on Asian Beauty on Reddit and see if you can scroll through the hauls and skincare discussions without thinking it's appropriation, watch an episode of any TV show without cross-examining it to find triggers, read a book and enjoy the story instead of wondering why all the characters aren't disabled fat black asexual genderfluid lesbians with mental illnesses and stretchmarks. Once you can do these things, you are ready to join the masses.
You can be a feminist activist without being impossible to get on with. The people you hang out with sound exhausting and desperate to one-up each other. If you struggle to think of how to have a non-sjw conversation, stick to talking about things you'd never dare mention around your friends, and go on from there.
>>
>>8942187
Get a garment steam cleaner?
>>
>>8941209
Wash hair 2-3x a week, shower 3-4x a week, use body lotion every time to keep your skin soft, use coconut oil or argan oil in your hair.
>>
>>8940073
Minor feels but I went to my first tea party ever a while ago and someone put my picture up on the comm FB... But I look godawful, no idea how to pose or do my hair. I was fine with going to the event being imperfect and I knew there were pics but my self confidence has been shattered...
>>
File: 2oybwnb.jpg (100 KB, 540x580) Image search: [Google]
2oybwnb.jpg
100 KB, 540x580
>>8941138

This is all I could think of reading this. Good luck to you though, hope it worked out.
>>
>>8942409
Eh screw it, I'll add this on too. I'm an ED-chan and my body has shifted from great to almost-but-not-technically-overweight. And I'm in recovery so I can't really do anything about it, my issues mean it's hell to lose weight naturally as my base weight is about 130 but I'm rockin' 155 right now (5'8). It just makes me really mad today. I used to be beautiful in my dresses but now while they still fit, I'm like an ugly accessory. Plus still have no idea how to handle my hair.
>>
File: pepetales.jpg (100 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
pepetales.jpg
100 KB, 500x585
>>8941790
It really was.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.
>>
File: mikublush.jpg (76 KB, 181x181) Image search: [Google]
mikublush.jpg
76 KB, 181x181
>mom comes to visit
>sees my schoolgirl uniform I forgot to put away
>starts crying because she thinks I'm gay
>calm her down by saying "some chick" left it
>starts crying again because she was so scared
>>
>>8942434
fag
>>
>>8942435
Get off 4chan, mom!
>>
>>8940149
To be fair, when I mentioned the concertina, I should have probably mentioned that I'm not a lolita. Or a woman. Or a cosplayer. I'm mostly just a woodsman.
>>
>>8942437
you know she'd be heartbroken to learn you're a homo right? that she failed as a parent?
>>
>>8942443
Good thing I'm not gay then.
>>
>>8942448
>wears a schoolgirl uniform
>not gay

anon? it's okay, you don't have to lie
>>
>>8942449
Bitches love crossplay.
>>
>>8942330
>why is life like this
Because you joined the military?
>>
>>8942477
maybe mentally ill fujos do

but normal bitches nah
>>
>>8942549
>implying you've been around enough girls to make that remark
Wayne, please.
>>
>>8942572
I am a girl, you miserable cock mongering faggot
>>
>>8942574
You need to get friends with better taste then. :^)
>>
>>8942404
i like this
>>
>>8942581
someone who likes cross dressing sissy faggots like you has shit taste

kill yourself you mentally ill monstrosity
>>
File: butthurtazn.jpg (14 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
butthurtazn.jpg
14 KB, 313x313
>>8942549
>talking shit about fujos
>>
>>8942588
Ssshh it's time to calm down and go to sleep, honeybunny. It's past your bedtime.
>>
>be a lolita with a boyfriend that isn't too excited about the fashion
>buy a (nonlolita) skirt for work that puffs up a lot as if I'm wearing a petti under it
>boyfriend says "I really like that skirt on you, it has the perfect amount of poof"
>mfw my b unknowingly f gave me one of the best compliments a lolita can get
>>
>>8942594
it's only 13:02 you nancy
>>
>>8942238
I sure hope you also tell it then to every person that smokes, drinks alcohol etc.
>>
File: diaperfur.png (670 KB, 669x887) Image search: [Google]
diaperfur.png
670 KB, 669x887
>see Fb post by friend bitching about diaperfurs at cons
>post this image to support him
>dad tells me it's too offensive
>calls grandma, who also bitches at me
>>
File: 1400118984726.jpg (20 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1400118984726.jpg
20 KB, 300x188
>spend a couple days researching the best blue eye contacts imaginable
>watch video reviews of the contacts in every possible lighting
>they make your eyes look blue/grey on camera, and blue/green irl
>research where to buy them
>$85-95 for yearly contacts, every site's shipping fees are about $36 for 20 day shipping
>oof
>find one site that has free 30 day shipping
>site checks out
>credit card denies it because the purchase is from brazil
>call the bank, they fix everything
>go back to site to buy them
>free shipping offer is gone
>over $120 for fucking contacts when the day before they were just $85

arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>8942615
Clearly your dad is a babyfur and thought you were disrespecting him.
>>
>>8942106
I had this same issue a while ago when I gained weight (I was 158lbs at my highest). Now I'm down to about 150lbs and things are fitting me much like they used to. I'm 5'10 and extremely pear shaped, but I think my chest measurement had got up to 36 inches when it's usually 32 - 34 around. It was giving me a hard time fitting things around my chest.

Just give it some time as you lose some weight and try the dresses on in a couple of months.

Some OPs are just unforgiving in general and really only suitable for people who are shorter. I've always had issues with busts fitting oddly on me because of my height. You can always get items altered to get the darting etc fixed to suit your proportions better.

I'm hoping to drop to between 135 - 145 myself so hopefully we make it anon! I doubt you need to lose as much weight as you were thinking.
>>
Really not sure where put this but I dont want to make a thread

>guy, best friend is lesbian (I know I know)
>she is big into lolita and has always told me I would look good as 'brolita' and should dress up with her
>she finally said she'd pay for an outfit and do everything so I decided fuck it could be fun
>talking on skype shes linking dresses and styles
>ask her what would happen if I get hard at con
>she says dress too poofy to notice
>say what if im sitting down or something or it is noticable
>she pauses and starts to act 'weird' (hard to describe)
>says "yeah that could be an issue... why dont you wear this" and links some kind of male chastity device thing
>i awkward laugh but her face and tone is serious
>ask her if she is serious
>she is serious, says it'd be practical
>tell her thats weird as fuck
>she says its just a suggestion
>changed topic
>two days later she brings it up again

This is obviously some kind of fetish thing for her right? Is dressing me up also fetishy for her? Is lolita itself a fetish for her? She made a massive deal of explaining to me that lolita is a fashion and nothing weird which I assume everyone on /cgl/ also feels so please don't burn me at the stake
>>
>>8942661
>deliberately asks what if you get hard
>keep asking about what if you get hard

Yeah, you brought this on yourself and she's just trying to help. You're the one obsessed with accidental erections and honestly, if someone is that concerned, that's pretty much the only thing to control them with.
>>
>>8942661
You were the one who started talking about your dick. Maybe SHE thought YOU were trying to get kinky.
>>
>>8942330
Shut up, shipmate. Hobbies die underway. Should've brought scraps and loose thread, could've at least practiced, and Lord knows you've got to have that damned sewing kit somewhere.
>>
>>8942615
I have to post this picture to my local furry page. The diaperfurs there get so pissy, it'll be hilarious.
>>
>>8941994
Wouldn't mind being a housewife, in all honesty.

As much as I love bf, he's a complete slob and does jack shit around here. I technically make more than him if only I could be assed to go to my stress job.

So I mean, I'm already forced to work on top of having to cook, clean, and pretty much be expected to keep up other responsibilities because like hell if I get much help. Being a full-time housemaid sounds like a god damn dream to me!
>>
>>8942668
Are you saying you agree with her

>>8942671
I brought up a bodily function that can be socially awkward. I wasnt being kinky it seemed like a legitimate concern. Ive never worn girls clothes or anything so im nervous
>>
>>8942691
you're clearly the one at fault for this
>>
>>8942691
Believe me, she ain't trying to hop on your dick or get off on this. Maybe she just wants someone to dress up with and hang out with and you just keep going "but muh erections" and honestly? That sounds like you're worried about getting caught getting off on wearing the dress like some kind of sissy.
She probably thinks that now and assumes "Well, he's into kinky shit already so maybe this'll shut him up"
>>
>>8942606
You can smoke and drink without needing to get medical attention. You can't be a fatfuck without something going wrong eventually.
>>
>>8942695
>You can smoke and drink without needing to get medical attention

..Except if you regularly smoke and drink something will go wrong with you eventually.
Hell, you might as well kill yourself tomorrow because even if you follow da rules it won't stop you from dying in some other fucked way, like cancer or an accident.

Seriously, life is unfair. Plenty of fat people live to be old. Plenty of people following a healthy lifestyle die young. It sucks.
>>
>>8942693
I dont think she wants me or anything like that. But I dont think she just wanted to shut me up. After I dropped it the first time shes the one who later brought it up and asked if I wanted it so she could buy it
>>
>>8942708
Well, if she offered to get you an outfit and if you (in her mind) are only willing to wear the outfit if it came with an antierection device, she's going to get you the antierection device as well. Package deal and all that. Why the hell are you so worried about getting a hard on anyway?
>>
>>8942695
Drinking maybe but smoking is about as non damaging as directly shooting butter in your veins
>>
>>8942712
Probably because my biggest hangup about her dressing me up is being labeled as a perv and im paranoid
>>
>>8942716
If you make sure you do your makeup and hair properly and don't act creepy, you shouldn't be labeled a perv!
>>
>>8940193
I really like the show too, but you need a new best friend...
>>
>>8942615
Oh god... I remember the diapercon debacle. Hilarious.
>>
File: Ladybug.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>8940193

Anon don't worry. Our hobby is FULL of these people. FULL OF THEM.

Someone always thinks they are the "real _____"

They can be anywhere from 13 to 27 and act like this.
There's a host of reasons why people act like this so don't even try to suss it out.

One important thing though... it is not you. You are fine. Do not feel bad. Hopefully it's a phase but just in case it drags on longer than a cringy couple of months it's time to drop the friend. You do not need that kinda crazy in your life. It bleeds into yours and starts screwing with your life too.

Go one and watch the show. Do not let her batshit phase rob you of enjoyment. Also...do the ladybug costume anyways. Nail it.
>>
>>8940216
I've seen this so many times I just thought you had some weird musician fetish and this was your way of expressing it. I'm actually glad to hear that's not the case.
>>
File: convo.png (180 KB, 475x1615) Image search: [Google]
convo.png
180 KB, 475x1615
Ok I just had this conversation with her.

I still feel like something is up just by like.. nature of what we're talking about. Which one of us is crazy? Am I just being unreasonable?

What do

Excuse my shit mobile pic editing skills
>>
>>8942738
She just really wants someone to share her hobby with even if it means strapping plastic/glass to your dick. She's also trying to make you comfortable with being a part of her hobby. Why are you making such a huge deal out of this? There's nothing to posting about. You made everything about your dick.
>>
>>8942738
You're a creep and I hope she sees this. She's a lesbian so she's not attracted to you. Get over yourself

My feels:
You gulls are so fucking stupid for continuing to engage hwc. She's ruining the resin thread because you are all so gullible and desperate for shitty drama. She's not a mystery to solve. She wants attention. If you want to solve mysteries go to /x/ or join an RP or something jesus
>>
>>8942751
>mentioning her and pretending you're better
You're engaging her as well. Can't wait for her to migrate over here and shit up this thread too now that you've summoned her.
>>
>>8942743
> you just made everything about your dick

I promise I really didn't. Maybe I am now I guess but it really was just like

>i made one offhand comment
>she responded
>i responded
>'ok heres unusualy fetish device that will solve problem'
>i say yeah no thanks
>convo dropped
>next day 'are you still worried about thing? I can get you 'weird device'
>'i think ill be fine'
>'ok I just dont want you to worry'
>now, 'i bought thing for you here's why'

I brought it up here because I didnt want to tell her that I think its weird or that shes being weird about it, I figured 4chan is the place for input on weird situations. Sorry for pissing everyone off, legitimately
>>
>>8942752
She can show up in as many threads as she wants. What pisses me off is that people are replying to her any time she shows up like "omg who this meanie?????" like she hasnt been around for months. I thought ignoring trolls was 4chan 101.

More feels:
I have my second meet soon and I'm excited to get closer with my com!! They all seem to like me okay and they all are very sweet girls who are not obsessed with drama.
>>
>>8942751
you sound jelly af of me

kys
>>
>>8942760
dubs name get

CHECK EM
>>
>>8941663
I'm banned at work because some jackass shit posts on /m/.
>>
>>8942738
I don't know why the hell the other anons are giving you so much shit when your friend is the one who seems to be the one focusing on your hypothetical boner. Like it's gonna ruin going to ruin her little fantasy of playing dress up or something. If you do pop a boner I doubt it'll be super noticeable, just hide it with a bag and excuse yourself to the bathroom to take care of it. You don't need to be strapping a plastic contraption to your dick, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8940073
>been a weeby nerd all my life, but kept it under wraps for the most part
>had very few friends, the friends I did have rarely messaged me
>granted, I turned really annoying for a short while but normied up since
>always been really lonely, usually do stuff by myself since few people wanted to hang out
>when I did talk people would usually either talk over me or look at me with a confused look and mutter 'what is she talking about...'
>normie up
>still very lonely, but oh well
>people tell me it's normal, 'well very few people hang out nowadays anon, life isn't sex and the city you know'
>cousin visits
>won't stop texting her friends over whatsapp
>has a bajillion facebook chats open
>always has plans to go out for coffee with her girlfriends
>b-but I want to go out for tea and coffee with my girlfriends too...

Now I feel sad.
I'm not even ugly, fat or smelly, nor do I dress like an autist. People just seem to ignore me.

On the up side, I've made tremendous progress and I'm so proud of myself for being less autistic and learning to hide my power level better.
>>
>>8942766
They're defending the honor of lesbian pure maiden
>>
>>8942001
I think anon was saying that they were saving and now there are just unexpected costs (buying cleaning supplies and a microwave) not that they were mad at their housemate.
>>
>>8942713
Depends how often you smoke. I know a few people who only smoke a couple a week.
>>
>>8942775
Drinking and smoking are things that if done once in a while are fine, habitual smoking and drinking to the point it's an addiction is what ends up fucking up your system. Like my husband enjoys the occasional cigar or glass of whiskey with friends(like maybe once or twice a month) while his mother is smoking almost a pack of cigarettes a day and her sense of smell is fucked up, and his brother is downing a lot of beer every day.
>>
>bf wants to have sex while I'm in cosplay
>don't want to because I'm scared my clothes will get ruined
What should I do?
>>
>>8942830
tell him to buy you a cosplay and then you'll do it

that way it's his cost if it gets ruined
>>
>>8942850
are you literally telling her to prostiute herself?
>>
>>8942851
???

My boyfriend said the same thing once and I told him I didn't want my outfit ruined, and that if he wanted to buy one then I would be happy to

You're saying that a partner in a relationship buying something for the purpose of ~kinky~ stuff is equivalent to prostitution? lol.
>>
>>8942852
Didn't you know? You're a WHORE if you take gifts from a man, especially your boyfriend. Then he's practically your sugardaddy.
>>
>>8942851
#UGH amirite?
>>
>>8942851
>>8942860
April Fool's is already over.>>8942860
>>
File: 1457039459649.png (103 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
1457039459649.png
103 KB, 500x546
>>8942878
you sound fun
>>
>>8942606
Landwhale detected
>>
>>8941116
drink a mini bottle of liquor once you're up and clock out for the majority of the 20 hours

>>8941147
deodorant/antiperspirant is something people should, and in most cases do wear every day anon

>>8941360
>like she's allergic to fb when her mother has guests over
>not even her friends, her mother's
sounds like mother is forcing her to spend time with those friends. just step back for a while, sounds like she might've gotten tired of you accidentally smothering her

I like this april fool's by 4chan, I'd have loved if the names stayed the same per IP though just to reveal the selfposters
>>
>>8942766
>your friend is the one who seems to be the one focusing on your hypothetical boner. Like it's gonna ruin going to ruin her little fantasy of playing dress up or something.

This is what it really seems like after reading what she said
>>
>>8942661
>>8942738
Don't take the replies too harshly. Depending on how close you guys are I wouldn't say you were being creepy at all. You need to be comfortable with the situation so questions like that should be asked to avoid the risk of any problems.
Personally I think she's the one being weird. She says your dress would be too poofy to notice but insists on buying the device even after you've told her it's not your thing. If your dress is poofy enough then you don't need it. You need to be comfortable and not forced into something like that. She seems very focused on having you as a lolita friend and will go to extreme lengths to keep you there but don't let her force you into something you don't want to do even if you're good friends. Dress up if you want to but there's really no need for the device. I'm not a pro when it comes to chastity belts but it could cause you discomfort or arousal during/afterwards which is either good or bad for you.
>>
Oh thank god, the site's layout is back to normal.
>>
>>8942738
Even if she is a 'lesbian', she can still be interested in guys if they look girly enough if that is her thing. Sexuality isnt black and white. She clearly has a fetish for it, as really your penis isnt an issue in lolita.

If she actually was doing it for good reasons she could have suggested dance tights men wear for ballet, or cosplay and such. She is choosing a sexual fetish object for a reason.
>>
>>8942921
Maybe she has issues with masculinity and penises. If she locks it up she removes the 'threat' and might be more comfortable herself. Maybe she's projecting the last part and wants him to wear it so she can she him as a girl
>>
>>8942921

It's actually dance belt, not dance tights. And I don't think many people know what it is, let alone lesbians (case in point, you're the first one to bring it up, and not quite accurately at that), so I can see someone going straight to chastity belts or whatever.

Personally I think OP is an April Fool's prank, though. What kind of lolita even offers to buy someone else a DRESS, let alone a whole lolita outfit, plus a fetish toy, instead of paying attention to her own wardrobe. Even if it's a guy she wants to roofie and play naughty with.
>>
>>8942962
>Even if it's a guy she wants to roofie and play naughty with.
I've never heard of girls roofe-ing a guy oO
>>
>>8942965
That's because male rape doesn't exist.
>>
>>8941775
Yep, it's actually more common than you think. Plenty of socially inept chicks think just because you both have titties it's prime time to grope them
>>
>>8942962
They did say it's a huge part of their life. It's not hard to imagine someone putting in the effort and money if there's a chance that their friend could join them in the hobby from that point onward. If it is real then she's being incredibly selfish. She's so paranoid about him not wanting to do it again that she's going to chastise him.
>>
File: 1459279813837.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459279813837.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>8942969
Right on, men are the only ones who can rape!
>>
>>8942970
You're joking right? I never experienced anything like that but you are making me paranoid.
>>
>>8942985
I used to work with two social retards who would constantly grope my tits

months later they finally talked to me and said they realized that I didn't like it and they would stop

they did for about two weeks before going back to it

I quit shortly after
>>
>>8942970
I mean it is a common trope in anime so yeah
>>
>>8942905
Wouldn't it causing arousal be against the point or is that what makes it fetishy

Sorry if that question is dumb as fuck

>>8942962
Not a prank. I actually helped pay her rent for a while when she was going through life troubles. We dont mind spending on each other, she eventually paid almost all of it back and helped me get a ps4 last year.
>>
>>8942987
Two female social retards? Like 2 of them? In the same place?
>>
>girl in Japan offers SS
>put down deposit, had a nice chat, half of order purchased
>girl posts previews of more items she could get
>went to ask about pictures
>girl flips, implies that I am rude, and refunds everything
>"I don't want to deal with this"

I am so miffed and baffled. If you can't do at least a tiny bit of customer service, why bother offering SS?
>>
>>8943000
yes, one was a MLP fan who was literally 300+ pounds and the other was a HS dropout who had a mad lesbian crush on me and then flipped her shit when I got a boyfriend
>>
>want to get a job so I have money for jfashion, cosplay, merch, and starting my own business selling cute stuff
>anxiety is off the wall
>just filling out an application brings me to an anxiety attack. I have to take breaks half way through filling one out to prevent it
>paranoid my information will be stolen and a million credit cards will be opened up in my name, putting me in eternal debt
>if I get an interview, I spend at least three days before hand going over what they might say to me/ask me and formulating responses
>I'm only ever good at the interview/introductions
>if I don't get hired, I get depressed and cry/panic for hours because I feel like a failure
>if I do get the job, I'm a social autist and anxiety gets me convinced that everyone hates me or is talking behind my back. That I'm going to get fired. That I'm useless. That I'll never improve.
>Stress from having jobs makes my anxiety worse. Cry on the way to work. Cry on the way from work. Cry in general.
>can't sleep properly, knowing that I have to wake up for work makes me anxious and I wake several times through the night so I'm not late
>Feel like a piece of shit mooch because my boyfriend is providing for us. He says he doesn't mind, because he understands and says he would support me forever if he has too.
>do all of the cooking and cleaning to try and make up for it
>still feel useless
>still can't afford to buy things I want because I obviously have no money
>would cam if it wouldn't ruin my life

I'm even certified in a field which could make decent money, and I fuck that up because anxiety. I get anxiety sweats when going in for an interview, and my job is very VERY hands-on, which FUCKING SWEAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD FOR.
Idk what to fucking do. I talked to my doctor about meds and she was like "Oh the psych people will call you" and they never did. I'm too anxious to call because I don't want to find out that I'm dying for some freak reason.
I just want cute shit and to feel good.
>>
File: 1456302221150.jpg (423 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1456302221150.jpg
423 KB, 500x600
>graduated last June with a master's in engineering
>feel happy
>looking forward to working in the profession (women in engineering)
>enticed by the salary, entry level is $50,000
>$50,000 = lots of brand purchases soon
>get rejected by the big firms
>get rejected by the smaller firms
>still getting rejected by the consulting firms
>perspective hire tells me that my experience is great, but doesn't mean you need to be in the profession
>feel dejected
>no money = no brand
>cried when I could not reserve AP's Antoinette Princess

I got done finishing the one year after graduation survey from my department concerning employment this week. I got an email on Friday saying they want to set up an appointment to talk with me since I'm unemployed. I feel frustrated. All my colleagues have jobs in the profession now except for me.
>>
>>8943021
Deep breaths anon. See if you can find a decent therapist/psych, the money will be worth trying in the long run. But it can be very hard to manage anxiety by yourself.
>>
>>8943024
Oh god this terrifies me as I will soon be in your shoes. I wonder why they said that regarding your candidacy.
>>
>>8940216
I liked you better than sieg
>>
>>8942994
It's not like I've been in one so I can't say what you feel but the point of them is to stop the person from being able to do anything about their arousal. It's not like it stops you from getting turned on in the first place so if you do get an erection you'll probably feel it even more than usual since it's stuck in something.
Did you tell her if you were going to wear it or not? The image cropped off after "Trust me?" which seems like a good kick off to a guilt trip.
>>
>>8943030
The employer said that the experience I gained in grad school was more academic and theoretical than pragmatic. I tried to explain that the work in my workshops were pragmatic, but it still was not enough. It was extremely crushing hearing that when I interviewed two months ago. I stopped applying for jobs after that.

I guess my line of work is supposed to be pragmatic. I do not want to return to school for a PhD or another master's.
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 343x418) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 343x418
>tfw I got into a bidding war with a friend of a friend over a dream dress months ago and she still hasn't worn it

I'm happy for her and all because it's a print she's loved for a long time but I'm KINDA salty over the fact that she hasn't worn it out once. Let me live vicariously through your coords, dammit.
>>
>>8943039
>The image cropped off after "Trust me?" which seems like a good kick off to a guilt trip.
Yeah pretty much... I said that I just wanted things to be as enjoyable as they could for both of us and basically said I would.
>>
>>8943029
Thank you. I know I definitely need to find one. Life can only get better from there, I suppose
>>
>>8943046
Maybe she's trying to make a perfect coord to impress you.
>>
>>8942695
2nd smoking fuck up more people too
>>
>Is going to run a j-fashion related event
>Closes seller applications 2 months before said event
>Sellers previous leader had a good relationship with contacts me
>"Hi, I never got confirmation whether or not I got accepted"
>Doesn't find her email anywhere no matter how much I search, tells her this but promises her that she'll get the first shot if we happen to have leftover space
>Contacts her and tells her that we don't have any more tables, but she's guaranteed a spot next time as compensation
>"This is obviously a ploy against me. Someone in your team obviously doesn't want me there or you're really unprofessional if you really didn't see my email."
>wtf girl what are you on about
>>
>>8943040
God, I'm scared the same is gonna happen to me.
>study finance at intl college
>constantly bounced between N. Europe, France and the UK
>no experience in the field, can't find a job because they all require native fluency in French/Finnish/Swedish/German/Spanish depending on the location, only companies hiring foreigners are shitty startups not in my field (that require IT skills, which I haven't got)
>only hope is upcoming work placement and the fact that I'll be getting my master's back home
>ask professor about jobs
>'oh anon don't worry, there's LOTS of people here who come from comfortable backgrounds, don't work and have no problem finding a job when they graduate!'
>except I'm not a rich Russian diplomat's daughter, I'm a poorfag culchie who came here because it was free
Like how am I gonna show up at my employer's door with two degrees from a foreign college/grande ecole and only 6 months worth of experience? They're gonna slam the door in my face. All of them. Literally all I have to rely on is the fact that I'm '''''international''''' (which in itself is a lie, most teachers in those schools will switch to their respective native languages when there's only a few foreigners in class, fuck em)
>>
>>8941082
Took me two minutes from the reverse-image to figure out not only who she was, but what date she died, what town it happened in, what time in the morning it happened, who was driving, who else died with her, what highschool that second person went to, when that second person's birthday was, how old the cosplayer was, the fact she got a GED, and what towns all these people lived in. I also turned up both gofundme pages and online memorial for both victims. I looked this all up after I read the first post, before you came along.

IE, in the time it took you to be an insensitive ass, I was able to more than verify the story was true. Maybe next time you try it.
>>
>>8943024
Have you ever felt like the actual reason you get rejected was your gender?
With all the stories about guy cliques and stuff you hear about engineering I was just curious.
>>
>>8942765
I got banned on the local IP once because someone was posting /mlp/ porn in /v/ or some shit.
>>
>>8943074
Statistics show that engineering jobs actually have a strong hiring preference for women. She probably applied to places that didn't need people, or didn't need people without years of experience, or someone else applied that was significantly more qualified than her. The hardest part of any career is getting your foot in the door, and the world isn't actually as desperate for STEM majors as people think.
>>
>>8942985
I've experienced it quite a few times at cons and once in high school with some scene chick

I've never had a dude grope me before, but chicks do it a lot.
>>
>>8943071
>study finance at intl college

I was thought for a minute to study finance for a second master's, but I can't do quant stuff. I tried learning Java and Python, but it was too much.

>>8943074
The problem is not my gender. The members in the Women in Engineering that graduated with me are employed in their field.
>>
>>8942962
The first alternative I thought of was compression shorts, don't know how the hell someone comes up with a chastity belt as their first choice.

>>8943050
Are YOU sure you're going to be comfortable having something like that on your dong? If she's willing to get you something that odd she should be able to get you a dance belt no problem. Or maybe compression shorts with bloomers over them and a poofier petticoat. If she insists on the chastity belt then I think that's sketch af.

If you insist on going through with it then maybe ask the BDMS or chastity threads on /d/ to see if they can give you advice on wearing a chastity belt/device? The people on /d/ are degenerates but they're pretty nice.
>>
>>8942757
She needs to compensate you for this.
Lesbian or not, she is treading personal space by buying sexual items that can be misinterpreted and one doesn't just walk away from that. It shows a lack of respect on her part and a lack of consideration because she is also borderline forcing you to adopt her solution. This is leagues beyond you just mentioning a legitimate concern to a friend.

If this is something "she's always wanted," then I'd make her compensate adequately.
>>
>>8943024
What kind of engineering anon? That matters a lot. What was your masters in?
>>
>>8943079
>The hardest part of any career is getting your foot in the door.

I thought getting the first job in my career would be a breeze. I did resume writing, practice interviews, job fairs, and recruitment events. I think I made the mistake of going straight into grad school after undergrad instead of gaining real world experience. The last several interviews were awful. They assumed that I wanted to learn a subject and not work in the field. It seemed the employers had zero interest in hiring me, but wanted to interview a female candidate anyways. I still won't believe that my gender is the problem.

>>8943087
Mechanical engineering
>>
>>8943081
It's the field, I think. My friend is a stagehand and she had no problem getting jobs and internships because it's a job with a high employee turnover, very labour-intensive and few people want to do it. Engineering and STEM seem to be everyone's pick nowadays (also law) so the job market is getting overcrowded. Not helped by the fact that all engineerfags I've spoken to won't shut up about their employability and '€10000000 starting' salaries. Finance is slowly becoming the same thanks to films like The Wolf of Wall Street and my field is chock full of people who think they're gonna be the next Warren Buffett.
>>
>>8943080
But are they doing it in a sexual manner? I still find that hard to believe but probably just because it never happened to me.
>>
>>8943099
getting raped in women's prison with a broom handle isn't done in a sexual manner but it is still sexual assault.

it's a similar concept. it's about power, not eroticism. people who grope tits despite protests are power tripping and looking to humiliate the victim, even if they dress it up as "just joking"
>>
>>8943091
Hm, maybe try starting at smaller companies. I was hoping I could tell you to drop an email, but my company is looking for ee/cpe. But smaller companies are more desperate for people, try that out to gain experience. Dang, I was really hoping for a lolita coworker.
>>
>>8943095
>It's the field, I think.

I see it being more personal and past experiences robbing me of my first job. I don't care much for the word STEM. Thank you for affirming that I cannot be in finance. I read about Warren Buffett and learned he only lived in New York for a few years before returning to the Midwest where he amassed his fortune. He had a large network to work with too. I would have started out with nothing and be $56,000 in the hole for a year in their master's program. Plus the weekends working would take away time from participating in lolita meetups.
>>
>>8943081
Are you cute? Cute girls get jobs all the time you know.
>>
>>8943109
>I see it being more personal and past experiences robbing me of my first job
I don't believe that for a second. For anyone with the right connections, your experience would've sufficed.
I used to have a classmate who was completely shit at school, barely passing, but her daddy was a rich oligarch and mine milks cows for a living. She now works for the UN because she had connections, I did not. Didn't even need a diploma. It's always who you know.
>>
>>8943115
I can be cute outside of work when I'm in lolita. Work is work. People value skills and experience in work, not attractiveness.
>>
File: garfeel.jpg (142 KB, 288x527) Image search: [Google]
garfeel.jpg
142 KB, 288x527
>best friend lost three fingers in 2012
>has only been able to cosplay gloved characters since

It's heart breaking, man.
>>
Have exams coming up in like 2 months, super stressed about them and studying like crazy because I really want to pass.
Haven't hung out with my comm since February, scared they're going to forget about me.
I just really love my friends in my comm and I don't want them to think that I'm not interested in them or anything, but gotta pass these exams well to get into a good uni so I can get a good degree and hopefully job, and buy more brand.
Sorry for long post just feeling the feels
>>
>>8943084
>Are YOU sure you're going to be comfortable having something like that on your dong?
No, but I'm actually not all that comfortable with wearing lolita in general. I'm not really 'comfortable' with any of it but when I agreed to going together in lolita it just lit up her face so much and that's what I'm doing it for really. Her being happy makes me happy, and I've *never* seen her as happy as she's been lately.

>>8943086
I'm not going to use this to try to leverage anything sexual from her if that's what you mean. I do see what you mean, if she's getting something "she's always wanted," then I should probably get something too right?

I'm actually big on /out/doorsman stuff and have always wanted to go camping and hiking together but she doesn't like bugs and rain and is paranoid of wild animals and stuff. Maybe I'll try to get her interested in my hobby too and show her what she's missing
>>
>>8943126
Couldn't they just wear some matching gloves regardless of the character? Unless they're in some kind of contest, I doubt anyone will think twice about it.
>>
>>8943116
>I don't believe that for a second. For anyone with the right connections, your experience would've sufficed.

I do have the right connections. One of my professors arranged me an interview with an employer. I have been interviewed by someone that I networked with at a mixer. The person emailed me thanking for my time, but they presented the offer to another candidate. I need a little bit of luck I guess. Same luck goes with my dream dresses.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.