[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: HELP.jpg (106 KB, 1286x1300) Image search: [Google]
HELP.jpg
106 KB, 1286x1300
All questions go here for anything!

Old thread: >>8910564
>>
File: komatsu.png (393 KB, 1093x829) Image search: [Google]
komatsu.png
393 KB, 1093x829
So I am planning a Nana Komatsu cosplay with a friend who is going to be Nana Osaki. Hachi wears lots of different outfits throughout the series, tending to gear towards modern 50s inspired clothing. She has a lot of very detailed clothes with lots of patterns and then some very simple clothes. Im going for simple. I was curious about what this layout looks like so far. She's known for not matching pinks in the series, so not all my pinks match for that purpose. Im kind of sticking to pink, white, and gold with pearl and gold accents for jewelry. I didn't add in bracelets and stuff because I figured thats self explanatory.

Any critique would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>8927603
Or even this pink dress. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222033362351?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=520898680288&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
Anyone know good sites for wigs in the UK?
>>
>>8928056
i just bought a wig from coscraft and the quality is okay
>>
Any idea what sort of blouse to pair with BW Pudding Forest Mist Normal Wait JSK? One of the pictures with the listing puts it with a long sleeved black blouse with a high neck but I am not really digging that.
>>
>>8928262
A pale cream of white long sleeved chiffon blouse might work really well with this.
>>
File: tumblr_nmvcjaJ0xc1schoj1o1_500.jpg (171 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmvcjaJ0xc1schoj1o1_500.jpg
171 KB, 500x749
Does anyone know what kind of fabric this cosplayer used for the kagune? I tracked down her tumblr but she doesn't have any information there.
>>
Anyone know how many yards of hoopsteel it would take to make a hoop skirt similar to this?
>>
>>8928482
Looks like a shiny red spandex to me, anon. You'd probably want 4-way stretch.
>>
Quick question. When sewing boning to a bodice, I should sew it to the lining and not the outside fabric correct?
>>
>>8928519
Make a tunnel and put the boning there
>>
>>8927603
It's cute but personally I'd recommend ditching the inspired look if it's for a con. Try to actually match one of her more signature looks as hachi is a lot less recognizable than nana .
>>
when making thin pieces for a prop, what's the best material to use? I think spray on insulation foam would be too brittle, but I also am on a budget and can't use something too spendy for such a large piece
pic related
>>
File: spajdex.jpg (176 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
spajdex.jpg
176 KB, 600x397
>>8928505
Thanks anon! Do you think this would look good? Also do you know how many yards it would take? I have a lot of sewing experience but this is just way out of my comfort zone.
>>
File: cos.jpg (164 KB, 1116x1277) Image search: [Google]
cos.jpg
164 KB, 1116x1277
Wanting to do an ORAS Team Magma grunt cosplay. Found a really nice ribbed turtleneck for the undershirt, however it's for a woman and it'd be pretty tight on me I'd imagine.
Would it look really odd?
It's cheap and easy to recycle into the leggings/longsocks if it doesn't go well but I just wanted some opinions before I hit buy.
>>
>>8928754
depending on how skinny or lanky you are, i dont doubt that the shoulders will be tight. the sleeves might be too short too, but the gloves could cover that
>>
Lolita gulls- Newfag wanting to get into gothic lolita. I've read the lolita handbook and lurked around on a few other sites, but I'd like some tips from real people so I don't ita. Specific tips for gothic? General do's and don'ts for loli?
>>
>>8928676
For a stationary design, you could probably construct a lot out of foam core since most seem to be flat pieces layered on top of each other. The handle on the other hand would need something more and likely foam.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 218x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 218x300
What kind of material are the name tags on school swimsuits made out of?
>>
Suddenly my bust is too big for most of my dresses (I'm wearing a minimizer right now and I'm 92cm). Any ways to get my chest a bit smaller? I really wanted to wear some of my dresses while I was out of town but none of them fit me.
>>
>>8929088
Find a binder, that will help flatten your chest more than a minimizer bra. What size do you need to get back down to to fit your dresses?
>>
>>8929103
My bust used to be around 89 cm with no minimizer/ braless. Sadly, I don't think I have time to buy a binder as I leave tomorrow. I was packing and trying to decide which coords to bring and suddenly nothing fits. I was really excited to wear my Dozing Cat button down OP but it just wont button for two of the buttons.

Slightly stupid albeit related question, how difficult do you think it would be to find one in Japan? I'd assume very, but I can see a market for them in cosplay shops so I'm not sure.
>>
File: ifairy-siberian-brown-01.png (297 KB, 588x361) Image search: [Google]
ifairy-siberian-brown-01.png
297 KB, 588x361
>wear natural looking circle lenses daily
>buy 4 new pair from honeycolor
>ship via DHL
>"great they'll be here in a week!"
>check tracking
>"package seized by customs, please contact DHL"

Am I doomed, anons? I looked back in the archives and it seems like many other people have had this problem but no one has ever posted a follow up with their solution. Honeycolor says they aren't responsible for packages lost to customs, do I have no hope of getting my lenses back?

Or are there any sites that don't have this issue? Help me anons, I'm just trying to be kawaii.
>>
>>8929159
Eeh, I could see you having some luck in cosplay shops, but I wouldn't rely on it. It'd be safer to order online. In the mean time, try and compress as much as possible. Minimizer bra, tight tank over the top, you could even use compression tape to help flatten it
>>
File: 1458769808378.jpg (165 KB, 853x853) Image search: [Google]
1458769808378.jpg
165 KB, 853x853
I want to make a dress similar to this one in style (but with a different character), but I have no clue how to do the designs on it. Would fabric paint be the right choice, applique, or what?
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 475x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 475x720
What character is this!? Me and my friend are arguing if it's from Zelda or Tekken lol!
>>
>>8929644
Cia's Guardian of Time costume from Hyrule Warriors. Just use reverse image search the next time you can't find the source for a character,
>>
>>8929667
Thanks anon! Am on mobile so I can't do that! Unless there is a way to
>>
>>8929590
Looks like applique to me anon. Probably the cleanest way to go about it too.
>>8928938
I'd imagine they'd be made out of the same material as the swimsuit. So lycra/spandex.
>>8928676
Foam core, for the handle PVC pipe.
>>8928766
Lurk more, no really lurk a lot. You'll pick up tips over time.
>>
File: pigtail ref sheet.png (454 KB, 859x536) Image search: [Google]
pigtail ref sheet.png
454 KB, 859x536
okay, so this might be a dumb/amateur question and i apologize, but i made a little reference sheet so i could get different opinions on this.

the 3 images on the left are official game art, and the rest are fanart, and i was wondering how i could go about making big, exaggerated pigtails like that without it looking disproportionate to my body or just really bad?

i've seen a lot of hate about pigtails for that one girl with the pink hair from dangan ronpa, and so i was just wondering if there's a good way to go about making these look really pleasing and clean to the eye without them being way too heavy for my head or something.

any opinions are appreciated!! i'll most likely go with a short black wig for the bangs, and then clip-in pigtails, but just making those pigtails look on par with most of her art... auuughhhh
>>
>>8929830
for the shape of her pigtails you could use a wire frame. there's a really good tutorial for Jesse from pokemon's hair that you could use, anyone have it?
>>
>>8929751
thanks! where's the best place to get foam core from?
>>
File: 2016-03-25_17-30-20.jpg (8 KB, 175x246) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-25_17-30-20.jpg
8 KB, 175x246
How would one go about painting a gradient design on a shirt?

I've seen plenty of tutorials for gradient dyeing whole pieces, but none for painting specific areas
>>
Im going to be posting some resources i foudn super helpful when shopping for cosplay
http://www.rosewholesale.com/ (If you go to clerance you can find some amazing deals that look alot like some cosplay)
>>
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BuddhaTheDr (This person has some of the best cs:go models and on the cheap side! Really helpful if your planning on cosplaying something from there)
>>
http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/ (Has some extreamly life like foam weapons, but rather on the expensive side)
>>
>>8930107
Make a stencil and stipple the paint on with a brush or sponge in the gradient. Or you could print the design out on iron on transfer paper.
>>
Borrowing a wig for a friend for a last minute cosplay. Its too long for what I need it for,so is there any ways to pin/tuck it in so it doesn't seema s long,but doesnt look like shit?
>>
How would i go about making full poofy harem/genie pants? All the tutorials I can find look quite flat
>>
File: CR pre.png (2 MB, 2160x734) Image search: [Google]
CR pre.png
2 MB, 2160x734
>>8928676
Lowes or Home Depot sell huge sheets of insulation board for like $11 in the plywood section. Pair that with a box cutter and cut each piece out and stick together
Made Crescent Rose last year, and besides the paint job it came out pretty good
>>
I'm about to spike a wig and I'm shitting myself. I've watched every tutorial I could get my hands on but I'm still worried about the wig looking crunchy or solid/unnatural or greasy.

Especially as YouTube is full of amateurs thinking they're pros. Anyone got any hints or tips from first hand experience spiking wigs?
>>
>>8930107
Seconding >>8930130
Please go with a transfer and just avoid the headache. It will probably look way better for a lot less work
>>
>>8929838
Craft stores such as micheals or online. Just search up "Foam board"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3MM-1-8-SINTRA-PVC-FOAM-BOARD-PLASTIC-SHEETS-YOU-PICK-SIZE-AND-COLOR-/281469003858?var=&hash=item4188dc2852:m:mmt0KTZ_p9iGr83_HtQp4Iw
>>
File: Arata_Sanada_b.jpg (77 KB, 411x675) Image search: [Google]
Arata_Sanada_b.jpg
77 KB, 411x675
I want to do Arata Sanada (pic related).

I have a very similar white jacket with hood like his already but I'm wondering how can attach the "blue stripes" to it. Preferably without sewing cause I suck and Acen is only a month and few away.

Also second question, what exactly is that blue thing he's wearing underneath called? It has pockets and looks to be a one piece which doesn't ring any bells for me.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 2015-05-01-084118.jpg (119 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-01-084118.jpg
119 KB, 960x544
>>8931534
Another better reference
>>
>>8931534
Can't help you with the stripes, but the blue thing just looks like a pair of (sleeveless?) overalls.
>>
>>8931534
id say get some masking tape and paint and try to paint them on as neatly as possible. also agreeing with other anon, i think they're def overalls

(lowkey hoping i see you because i love cyber sleuth)
>>
>>8931572
It's funny though I'm 40 hours in but only on chap 10, digivolving/dedigivolving too addictive and the whole nostalgia overload at every corner (OH YEAH I REMEMBER WHAMON). Trying to finish it before Acen and really capture Arata's whole character since there's still half the game to go and he's showing some spoileristic flags (at least from what I suspect) which I won't say. I'll target looking for light blue overalls and blue strips then. Thanks.
>>
>>8931534
look up "mechanic coveralls" I feel like that's what the underlayer is.
>>
>>8929679
Get Chrome. Just hold tap on the image and select search Google for this image.
>>
Is there a difference between decollage clay and paper clay? I'm wanting to make cute food accessories and tutorials say paper clay but the packages they are using are for decollage clay...
>>
>>8931890
isnt decollage clay just the brand name?
like with Premo Sculpy clay.
>>
>>8931909
I honesty wasn't sure. If it's just the brand name then that answers my question, thanks!
>>
so I ordered a package, it got dropped off in LA, and now it's been saying it's "in transit" for over 2 weeks, and this has never happened before
w-w-what do I do
>>
>>8931740
I don't think you should look for overalls, they're not going to go up high enough, the shape isn't right, what this anon said would be a better option imo
>>8931750
>>
Last night I ordered some contacts for a con in two weeks and got express shipping, the issue is I'm a fucking idiot and clicked 'Aramex' rather than EMS shipping by accident.
After the order had already gone through I googled Aramex and the reviews are terrible and most people never even received their items, am I totally fucked?
>>
Where can I find a badge holder like this guy?
>>
File: overall.jpg (16 KB, 256x600) Image search: [Google]
overall.jpg
16 KB, 256x600
>>8931935
>mechanic coveralls
When I looked up "sleeveless overalls" I got pic related, which is what I meant. I at least agree what he's wearing is not the denim kind overalls/dungarees, but these work overalls work out I think, going from the artwork.

>>8931994
Probably, sorry anon

>>8932620
>http://www.amazon.com/HMS-Mens-Holder-with-Badge/dp/B00IFXDOLG
I'm sure you can swap out the badge.
>>
One of my Bodyline blouses has got stained red from a Bodyline red gingham dress I wore over it. Can I bleach the Bodyline blouse? I think it's a blend of cotton and polyester.
>>
How do I make guns?
There's no way I can afford an airsofr sniper rifle. :/
>>
>>8931536
that design looks really cute! I like it!
>>
>>8928558
Not the anon you replied to but what do you consider some of Hachi's signature looks? I tried thinking of some and Hachi pretty much just dresses like a normie. I can't think of any specific outfit that really indicates that it's Hachi to me.

>>8928766
>match your colors or stick to a small palette. don't try to throw every "gothic" color on at once.
>keep it toned down and grasp the basics of putting a coord together before making OTT/more complicated coords.
>invest in good pieces. "loliables" and replicas are a waste of money.

>>8929644
>doesn't even look like a Tekken character
???

>>8932675
It'll probably be ok but test it on a corner of the blouse where no one will see first.

>>8932728
Google
>>
Hey guys, I'm currently using a catcher's face mask as shoulder armor for my post-apoc cosplay. It looks amazing and I don't want to get rid of it, but it is quite heavy (seeing as it is metal). Are there any methods that I can use to make it more comfortable so I am not sore after wearing it for the entire con?

I was thinking about adding in some type of cushion padding, but then you would totally be able to see it through the catchers mask (being able to see through the meshed face plate is what makes it look so good as shoulder armor). Thanks for any help I get!
>>
I'd like to get a design printed on a fabric for a dress. I've heard mixed things about spoonflower. Any recommendations for other places to get custom printed fabric or what I could get from spoonflower that would be the best fabric option to retain the print?
>>
>>8932757
Just use spoonflower. It's gonna be your most convenient option but not the cheapest.
Also jsyk, you don't need to put anything in the name field to post.
>>
>>8932753
I assume you're wearing a shirt under it, so why not add the padding underneath the fabric? A thin layer can get you a long way.
>>
>>8932633
I checked this thread again, that and the mechanic coveralla both look good enough to what I need. I'll be looking to buyem and prepem now. Thanks all.
>>
File: help.jpg (126 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
126 KB, 960x720
just finished adding wig wefts, how would i go about changing/hiding the wig part? its right in the center and i need it in the top/right/side area where the tiny red "x" is.

any help is appreciated thanks
>>
I want to cosplay as link, but I've seen so many bad links and I want to do it justice. Is it worth getting chain maile? What is the best option for a sword? I'm using linen for the tunic, but what should the pants be done with? (skyward sword btw) whatever pointers I can get would be great.
>>
File: valentine_by_m16tronaz-d54svop.jpg (152 KB, 900x1211) Image search: [Google]
valentine_by_m16tronaz-d54svop.jpg
152 KB, 900x1211
Could anyone help me with making or finding a thermometer for this? Everything I find it too thin or a huge gag gift.
>>
File: 039.jpg (52 KB, 263x800) Image search: [Google]
039.jpg
52 KB, 263x800
>>8932751
The best example to me would be the white dress over black turtleneck that even made an appearance in the live action. However there's pic related and other cover images that people remember even though it's been years since the manga stopped. Not that I don't think the op's outfit isn't cute, just personally I would try to make something so it stands out more as a cosplay.
>>
I kind of want to do a Kitsune cosplay. Any ideas/references/such?
>>
File: hachi-F04 07 watashi fuku.jpg (112 KB, 1210x850) Image search: [Google]
hachi-F04 07 watashi fuku.jpg
112 KB, 1210x850
>>8933397
google

>>8933381
>Not that I don't think the op's outfit isn't cute, just personally I would try to make something so it stands out more as a cosplay.
Yeah I get that's what you meant. I was just curious as to what outfits were "Hachi" as opposed to "normal wear" since, like you said, her outfits are way less memorable than Nana O's.
The outfit that I personally remember the most is the one she wore when she went to look at 707 with the real estate agent. Pic related.
>>
File: geese-cvs-intro-fix.gif (13 KB, 101x131) Image search: [Google]
geese-cvs-intro-fix.gif
13 KB, 101x131
Is there a name for the type of coat Geese Howard is shedding in this gif?
>>
>>8933319
>>8933319
Idk if it is the correct way, and since you added wefts which is a higher tier skill this is probably pitifully obvious to you so I apologize if it isn't helpful. I always just do heat styling and then some good strong gel at the very base of the fibers I have heat styled into place to keep them going in the right direction. I have done it successfully even on wigs that aren't meant to be heat styled, just with a lot setting and some patience. It's a lot easier with skin tops, once you get outside of the area where it is then it's a bit tougher.
>>
>>8933509
thanks anon! what i was looking for was more of a sewing the partition type thing. idk if that makes sense but if i dont ill just try to see if styling it could work. i had seen some tutorials in the past where cosplayers somehow sew the area where the hair division should be though i have no idea how since i never saved them
>>
File: T_NeZha_Default_Card-1.png (204 KB, 388x512) Image search: [Google]
T_NeZha_Default_Card-1.png
204 KB, 388x512
I asked this in the last thread but didn't get a response since I was dumb and posted right as it was dying. I'm crossplaying this and have a pretty clear idea how I'm going to go about everything but the wig and the pants. For the wig, I'm planning on getting to clip in buns from arda and attaching them the a base wig, but I can't for the life if me find a lace front wig that will work. Even a lace front pigtail wig or one that was made for clip in Twin tails. Nothing without bangs seems to exist. The pants I found a pattern for elizabethan breeches that might match the puffiness, but it's achieving the little separation lines that makes his pants look like closed lotus flowers buds that's going to be hard, or getting that general closed bud shape, let alone what material would achieve the best outcome. Any advice?
>>
Hey guys. Im looking for some nice contacts that can possibly come in a normal, if even SLIGHTLY larger size [not the giant circle lens ones]. I need it within 5 weeks which I assume is a good amount of time. They need to be light blue/icy blue. Didn't see a contacts thread, so hopefully this thread works out fine. Price doesn't matter, but quality does.
>>
No one answered my question about ironing/getting wrinkles out of pleather? I bought like four yards of this stuff from joanns, and there's barely 2 months until the con. I've tried ironing it on low w/ a towel over it and it doesn't seem to do too much. I'm a little worried cause the backing started peeling on one part that I ironed.
>>
>>8933628
http://fauxleatherguide.com/how-to-get-wrinkles-out-of-faux-leather.html
>>
>>8933588
Most contact lens sites tell you the millimeter size. Check out the reviews, people will usually mention how large the lenses are in them.
>>
>>8933628
Try using something thinner then a towel. Use something like a basic cotton, muslin or a sheet.

Careful of the heat setting, keep it lower to be safe and check it. Do not use the steam setting if your iron has one. After your done, hang the fabric and leave it for a bit.

See if any of this helps.
>>
>>8933639
thanks bro!
>>
>>8933642
Im thinking I should probably look into 14.2..? Thats seems like a good size. The 15 and then those huge cover all lenses might not give such a natural look. Thank you anon. I think I saw someone mention Pinky so I Googled 'Pinky contacts' and came across Pinky Paradise. Is this a relatively good site? Sorry for so many questions. They have a good selection of blues and I think I found a good icy one, but before I buy I just want to make sure Pinky Paradise is used enough.
>>
>>8931924
sorry, late response.
if it ends up being just the brand name you might want to just double check on the material its made out of.
mainly because you mentioned paper clay which is much different than polymer clay. polymer clay is what people usually use when making food charms which im guessing is what you kinda want to make (im guessing in a bigger scale though).
>>
File: morganalunarmv.jpg (240 KB, 1650x960) Image search: [Google]
morganalunarmv.jpg
240 KB, 1650x960
I'm planning on Lunar Wraith Morg, the only thing that has me stumped is how to attach the wings.
I'm the kind of person that makes stuff and then worries about attachments, so I'm actually planning this time.

Normally I'd make a harness, but the dress is backless. I was thinking maybe a front mounted harness? But then it'd have to be really secured under my crotch so it didn't stick out. I don't know.
>>
Kind of a weird question I guess but

Are transgirls cosplaying female characters generally accepted at cons?

I'm considering going to one but I hardly ever leave the house as a girl because I'm constantly afraid of not passing (namely because I'm tall. A little over 5'9" without shoes on, nearly 6' in some shoes). There's definitely a few male characters I could cosplay cause anime boys, would it be safer to do that? In terms of not getting harassed/weird stares/etc? Does it vary by con? I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I guess that's probably good, given the general reactions to trans people around here.

Sorry for the weird question but this is kind of the only thread for that.
>>
>>8933913
No one can really promise that you'll have a good or a bad experience since it depends on how the people around you react. Crossplaying is a common thing so people could assume that but the stares might just come naturally if you don't appear passable. You should be comfortable in what you're wearing so only do it if you're not going to get too stressed about people around you.
Do you have someone you can go with? If you're spending time with someone then it might ease you a little so you can focus on enjoying yourself.
>>
Hi I'm cosplaying Brendan from pokemon ruby and I don't know if he wears a hat or if he has two tone hair (white and brown underneath) .. What do you think?
>>
>>8934083
brown hair with a weird scarf hat
>>
>>8934094
However looking at some cosplays, people seem to go with either white hair or the hat. Do what works best for you- Just not the glove hat in the pic attached
>>
>>8934083
It's a knit hat. In Pokemon ORAS, he takes it off when he wears his contest outfit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
Hi all. This is probably one of the worst ideas I have had for a cosplay, since the recent events in Brussels and stuff. But I'm planning to go as a terrorist from CSGO and I have most of the items for it.

I'm just struggling to find the badges that he has for his jacket and I'm attempting to do them on Illustrator and they look terrible so far. A shot in the dark but does anyone have any sources on any exact images for these?
>>
>>8929183
oh man that sucks. I can't help but i hope you get your contacts!! best of luck!!
>>
how would you go about doing bangs like these? or should i just go for more normal ones?
>>
>>8929183
Update: Customs is supposed to contact me in 30 days, so far I've gotten nothing. I've ordered lenses from Lens Village in the meantime with the slowest possible shipping. Hopefully these get through.
>>
>>8933913
>Are transgirls cosplaying female characters generally accepted at cons?

i dont see why that would be a problem unless you're some well known person because nobody is going to fucking know if you're trans or not if you're cosplaying.

and since crossplay is a common thing in the cosplay world, nobody is really going to bat an eye.
>>
>>8933346
chainmail is really heavy, even an aluminum shirt is going to be 10 lbs. And the way Link wears his is going tobe super uncomfortable for the average person, because he doesn't seem to wear a gambeson or any sort of padding aside from his shirt under it. Chailmail also gets really hot really fast, even without padding under it. While it looks nice in photos, I wouldn't recommend it for a con, unless you've had previous experience wearing it. I'm a larper and I've seen disgustingly sweat soaked gambesons, even in the middle of winter up north.
>>
File: patternsIguess.jpg (335 KB, 1000x1064) Image search: [Google]
patternsIguess.jpg
335 KB, 1000x1064
So I'm making pic related, but when I went pattern shopping these two patterned (also in pic) were the best and closest I could find. Thus far I know that both patterns are fairly inaccurate to what the character is wearing so I tried to make my own and completely failed at it.
So i thought I'd try going back and just using these patterns as a base
(the main thing I don't like about these two patterns are the seems going down the middle)
But I'm going to ask first here.

Will people even notice (or care) about the inaccuracies these patterns have (with the lines)
seeings as everything (fabric and string) will be black?
>>
>>8934952
thanks. Is there anything you recommend that would be good? I only see shitty silver fabric it never looks good.
>>
>>8935064
>the main thing I don't like about these two patterns are the seems going down the middle
Are you talking about the princess seams? Because your character has them on her dress so idk why you'd want to get rid of them. Plus that's how you get the dress to fit to your body.
Will people care? Doubt it. But will they be able to see that you have princess seams? Yes, regardless of the fact that your fashion fabric and thread are both black. It's just like how you can see hems or darts on a garment.
>>
>>8935064
What is this from??
>>
Should you put in a zip before or after beading?
>>
I'm going to my first swap meet soon. How do I price things? Most of the stuff is brand new accessories that either came in the wrong shade or didn't quite fit (Shoes). I have a few big items but they are Bodyline or Taobao. How would you price for example a Taobao indie brand dress that you paid $120 for and you didn't like the length of it so it's been stuffed in your closet for a year and they no longer sell that dress?
>>
>>8935223
>Because your character has them on her dress
No? Im pretty certain the dress doesn't have princess seams. Unless you're talking about the arms., which those arent princess seams
>>
>>8935237
before, or you'll have to crack the beads.
>>
I bought a pleated skirt a while back (with knife pleats) but it's too big
I've been googling around for a while but I can't really find anything on how to take in the waist
Does anyone know how to do it?
>>
So I'm using worbla for the first time, and I made my breastplate (it's one piece, not the bra shape) and it has some dents and wrinkles in it. Just generally not uniform.

I'm using the contact cement/stretch vinyl method to make it the right color/texture, not painting it, but is there any way I can fill it or just generally smooth it out and make it so it's not so lumpy and wrinkled? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything!
>>
>>8935350
Kwikseal
>>
>>8935368
Hmm I haven't heard mention of that yet. I'll test it out! Thank you!
>>
File: Ref.jpg (63 KB, 647x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ref.jpg
63 KB, 647x1024
What exactly is this ponytail style? Is it just fluffed out and lightly curled or...?

I've been looking at gyaru clip-ins and they don't really resemble it so I can't get any ideas or insight on what to actually do to it.
>>
File: modebun4.jpg (133 KB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
modebun4.jpg
133 KB, 400x403
>>8935457
i'd say get a ponytail and tease it up a lot. it's probably meant to resemble something like pic related but way less uglier
>>
>>8934457
See if you can rip textures from the model or find ripped textures and trace from those.
>>
File: 1.png (947 KB, 1347x796) Image search: [Google]
1.png
947 KB, 1347x796
>>8935467
You're right. Now that I'm looking again, that makes a lot of sense. But is it better to get a pre-teased wig or to start fresh with a straighter one?

I'm leaning towards no. 3 but...
>>
File: queen mab.jpg (102 KB, 434x800) Image search: [Google]
queen mab.jpg
102 KB, 434x800
what would be the best way to go about doing the "hair"? i thought it would be better to make it out of a long pile fur because whatever the "hair" part is made of is exactly the same as the end of the gloves.

that or i was planning to get 2 stevies from arda and teasing the crap out of it
>>
>>8933952
>>8934928
Okay, that helps a lot.

Thank you.
>>
Ok so since we don't have a bra/lingerie thread, I'll ask here. I have like a super wide rib cage or something, like I seriously have a 2 inch gap between my tits. I can't get cleavage for the life of me. They aren't small tits, my own measurements and what several high end bra shops have set me at a 36E/38DD. But bitches won't touch. I've tried every cut and style of bra and every amount of padding and added cutlets. The "cosplay cleavage" tutorial is the closest thing to working, with 3 bras, cutlets, and a body shaper, but has to be adjusted every hour or so or my tits will just wiggle out every time I put my arms back. Going smaller in cup size just presses them flat, doesn't press them together. And yes I do the 'swoop and scoop' thing when putting them on. Anons please help.
>>
File: file.png (311 KB, 640x803) Image search: [Google]
file.png
311 KB, 640x803
does anyone know where I can a this shirt? I've been trying and lurking around cosplay websites and they don't have it.
I'm not too worried about the bottom wear, I just buy a red skinny pants and cut it. but this shirt is the one last thing I need for my cosplay.
>>
Anyone got any hot tips on where I can go to get a custom high quality body suit made? Think like spiderman style but a different character.
>>
>>8935835
If you can find the top you could just sew a bow on to the top and achieve the pattern by applying bleach.
>>
I'm working on Elise from fe fates and I'm having trouble choosing a base wig. I'm deciding between the chibi and katinka from arda. Katinka would be easier to manage and hide the point of attachment on the drills plus it's a bit cheaper, but the chibi would be more accurate..anyone have any opinions? If I were to get the chibi how would I go about hiding the start of the drills seamlessly? I'm planning on attaching them to a headband that would be worn under the wig.
>>
File: Death_Gun_Face_Design.png (34 KB, 330x162) Image search: [Google]
Death_Gun_Face_Design.png
34 KB, 330x162
First time planning to making a cosplay here

What materials do I use to make this mask?
>>
>>8935839
depends on the material - There's a few people who provide custom printed bodysuit orders that you sew together yourself, and Andromeda Latex does wicked latex plugsuits/bodysuits.
>>
File: 1443942429248.jpg (138 KB, 894x960) Image search: [Google]
1443942429248.jpg
138 KB, 894x960
I'm 6'1" and a redhead, I want to go as hisoka but he is much leaner than me. Also I have tattoos is it a good idea to keep them covered when possible? It's my first time cosplay any general tips? Also what other characters would give me a high chance of doing pictures? I am a larger guy but I'm not comfortable being shirtless is there any other characters I could consider going as?
>>
File: 12519678973_3c288d4071_b.jpg (423 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
12519678973_3c288d4071_b.jpg
423 KB, 1024x683
i really want to cosplay as the doctor from silent hill, but how would i make the lump on the back of the body?
>>
File: 18ml-snazaroo-face-paint_xl.jpg (225 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
18ml-snazaroo-face-paint_xl.jpg
225 KB, 900x600
How the fuck do you work with Snazaroo body paint?
Tried using it,but ends up giving bad cracks. I've seen it work for other people,but haven't had my own success.
Any good tips/ tutorials or should I just not waste my time with this junk and settle for something quality?
>>
>>8935839
The RPC Studios are one of the big spidey suit makers and they offer custom printed suits for $170. Just need to send them the pattern and sew the suit yourself
>>
File: seams.png (789 KB, 1000x571) Image search: [Google]
seams.png
789 KB, 1000x571
>>8935235
NieR: Automata, upcoming game

>>8935273
I think anon meant the seam circled in the picture. Have a render from the trailer, though. The seams are all over the place.

>>8935525
As far as I'm aware, long pile fur wouldn't be long enough even for the glove parts. Not sure what you -could- make it from, though...
>>
>>8935933
Can you describe what you did with it? Because I had a friend with the same problem as you, and it turned out that he didn't realize that you're supposed to use it with water and not just on its own.
>>
>>8935933
How thickly are you applying it? It works best if you use multiple thin layers and slowly build up the coverage instead of whacking on one thick layer.
Are you using a sealer as well?
>>
>>8936003
Yea thats not a princess seam.
Which is why i asked my original question
>>
>>8936105
The bodice has very deep side darts (and no underbust seam), so you'd be better off using something like this as a base, cutting it at the right part for the waist.
http://www.simplicity.com/misses-plus-size-dress-in-two-lengths/1357.html
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 479x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 479x351
I can't really decide which method would be best for these pigtails. Should I make just a pure foam core? Should I put in wire supports that I fill with foam? Should I do a wire support covered with fabric and filled with batting or something? This is the first time I've ever made something so large so I'm a little stuck haha.
>>
>>8936368
I'm making them like regular drill curls instead of a solid piece so its lighter and has more movement. I sandwiched a folded piece of wire between two strips of felt and hand stitched each curl together at certain points to keep the curls closed and tight together like hers. Hope that helps!
>>
>>8936368
you could try very soft/flexible foam or even a very lightly stuffed sewn base? from there apply a layer of adhesive and begin to wind the wig/wefts around it. Afterwards use more hair on top and wind around to add more volume/cover bare patches and use hairspray to hold those in place?
i'll be using this technique for a wig with oddly shaped parts in the near future, i think it'll give a nice effect and still some movement.
also, i can't tell if those are gaps between the drill curls or ribbon wound around the pigtails- if it's ribbon, the foam/sewn core idea would work well as you can apply the ribbon straight onto the adhesive.
>>
File: 35aqhdk.jpg (308 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
35aqhdk.jpg
308 KB, 1600x900
Would anyone be able to point me to a tutorial or any ideas about how to get a hood to stay in a specific shape? I imagine some sort of structure system would be needed. The hoods in this image are the style I'm going for.
>>
where do i buy cheap fabric online within EU?
>>
>>8935319
What kind of close does it have on the waist or is it elastic?

>>8935807
Sticky bra that clips in the middle plus two bras?

>>8935933
Snazaroo is good quality, but it may not be the right tool for the job you're doing. Snaz is great because its cheap and it washes off easily, but there are other water based cake make-ups if you're not happy with it. To apply Snaz, I recommend using a sponge and stipple/dab it on. You can build coverage and it blends pretty well, so go over spots you're unhappy with more paint (if you're having problems with it not applying evenly, wait until your first layer is dry). You can also improve coverage by using primer and setting spray.

You can also use brushes but it will leave a streaky finish. Try not to smear the paint with your sponge, stippling will give you a cleaner finish.

If you can't get Snaz to work, look for Wolfe FX/Diamond FX/Global/TAG paints (they're all the same paint, branded differently.) Kryolan's Aquacolor and Ben Nye's cream based paints are good too, but the other paints are cheaper and easier to find.
>>
>>8936732
local is probably easiest, your location would help. there really aren't a lot of international fabric stores EU from what I know
>>
Does someone know how to get more pictures of yourself at conventions? I only get pictures with people but I never get asked by photographers. I just want to post some content on my fb page and not having to cut the strangers from the pics.
It feels so bad to ask photographers, like I'm that bad I have to ask.
>>
>>8935525
What about maybe something like feather yarn or really long feather boas or something? Just an idea
>>
>>8936732
Eastern Europe
>>
>>8936914
Do group cosplays. Do better cosplays. Book your own photographer. Make friends with photographers. Make friends with other cosplayers, mooch off their photoshoots.
>>
>>8936006
>>8936023
>>8936757

In my past attempts I've only done two thin layers and then went in with a translucent setting powder over it. I also used a unused sponge brush and just dabbing it on instead of doing it with an actual makeup sponge so that probably affected how nicely my first layer came out. Haven't invested in any primers or sprays yet because I wanted to see how it worked by itself,so I'll probably end up picking them up after I do a few more tests with the snazaroo
>>
>>8936978
You don't need an actual make-up sponge, although that will also help. I use potter's sponges cut in half when I apply facepaint.

As for primers and setting sprays, you don't have to "invest" in anything, just use whatever you'd normally use for your foundation.
>>
How do I attach a gathered skirt (with an open front) to a bodice with a shirred panel? I pinned it all together last night, but when I got it on before I sewed it, the skirt obviously didn't stretch over my boobs. I can't use elastic because of the open front, but I want to keep the fullness from the gathers. All the resources I've read have said to put in some elastic thread and ease my skirt in, but it doesn't gather as full. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8936686
sew in/hide in some wire on the outer rim of the hood?

personally, i dont know why you would want to do that though, it would just look silly. only reason why it looks like in the game is because theres no cloth physics. pretty sure those hoods would be drooping down naturally if they were real.
>>
File: CLD-0072.jpg (25 KB, 226x301) Image search: [Google]
CLD-0072.jpg
25 KB, 226x301
>>8937034
Zipper? Is pic related what you have?
>>
>>8936919
i actually thought about that but it doesn't quite look like a feather boa but i do like the yarn idea. i've been looking at yarn wig/yarn tail tutorials and using brushed out yarn might be the closest thing to doing this.
>>
File: psgboys.jpg (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
psgboys.jpg
197 KB, 500x500
>want a short "Stocking" wig
>can only find them on eBay, where they're dirt-cheap and thus probably shit

Is there a way to make my own from a good-quality wig? Or are the eBay ones good enough?
>>
>>8935843
>bleach

wut.

Why the fuck would anyone use bleach for that? Just sew thin white ribbon or bias tape or something.
>>
>>8937385
Seconding the yarn thing! I think that's a good idea.
>>8937682
I think they meant the sort of brown/fade speckles/patches that are overlayed on the top anon. Bleach would have that effect.
>>
>>8937682
>what is reading comprehension
They meant for the pattern/texture of the shirt. Look at the reference image again.
>>
>>8935919
Carve it from spray foam maybe? Doesn't look like it needs to be smooth. That or paper mache could work too.
>>
File: steinsgate-10-ruka-kurisu.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
steinsgate-10-ruka-kurisu.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>8937693
>>8937694

Y'all dumb. The splatter effect is just pasted over the entire image, it's not actually on her (lol his) clothes.
>>
>>8937466
>can only find them on eBay, where they're dirt-cheap and thus probably shit
they're probably fine. if you really don't trust them, buy a plain white wig and dye it yourself. there's plenty of wig dyeing tutorials if you look them up on google.
>>
thank you both for responding!
>>8936403
Do you happen to have any pictures you wouldn't mind posting? That sounds really interesting!
>>8936411
Do you happen to have any recommendations for soft/flexible foam? the only kind I've ever used has been really firm foam.
>>
>>8936757
>Sticky bra that clips in the middle plus two bras?
I can't find any front-clasp locally that fit. Online store suggestions, especially if they have wider bands? Have found that the wider band helps with keeping them in place.
>>
>>8937466
>>8937761
Wouldn't it be easier to find a wig in the purple color and then add a few pink wefts into the bottom, and just trim up to match?
>>
>>8937773
...I now realize you mean the silicone cup ones. I'll have a look for those.
>>
>>8937338
It's something cery similar, but the bodice is maybe 4 inches total, and I don't want to cut in to my skirt and lose the poof
>>
File: malepsg2.png (1 MB, 1752x1401) Image search: [Google]
malepsg2.png
1 MB, 1752x1401
>>8937761
I have a $12 eBay wig and it's passable enough, but it's total shit compared to something like Arda.

Multi-color wig dyeing looks complicated, but I could give it a try!

>>8937777
Possibly, or take a pink wig and add purple. Thanks!

Followup question: What is this double bow thing on Stocking's pocket? Also, is this a cute design to take most of my inspiration from? The rolled-up pant legs seem a little "farmer" to me.
>>
Me and my be are currently thinking about Halloween costumes (gay couple). We hit up a LOT of Halloween parties last year, so we're planning in advance this time. Right now our two favorite ideas are Jessie(rule 63, that natural red hair) and James since pokemon GO should be released, or a deadpool/spiderman couple.

Basically I'm just curious if anyone had any suggestions, for reference:

Me:
5'10, slim, red hair, very boyish and young.

Him:
5'9 muscled, black hair, mature and scruffy.

I know this is kind of "hey pick something for me" but I thought I'd see if the people always doing this stuff would have anything in mind. Thanks!

P.s. can't find any male jessie cosplay or rule 63 jessie for reference. Lame, not that it should be difficult.
>>
>>8938196
You may want to replace the dress pants with shorts? And put a pink cuff on them? Idk, I don't think grown men ever really look good in shorts.
>>
File: maxresdefault.png (549 KB, 1865x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
549 KB, 1865x720
Echo anon, again, cosplaying pic related.
Now I wanted to have a trick where the screen is completely black (like left pic) and when i flip a switch, it would light up to show my face (like pic right).
I know what lights I'm gonna buy, however I don't know about the screen. Will tinted plexiglass be able to pull off an effect like that?
If there's anything simpler you can suggest, that'd be great!
>>
>>8938204
I hate to be rude, but there's a thread for this. >8919260
>>
>>8938222

>>8919260
>>
So I want to cosplay scanty from panty and stocking, but I don't know how to go about covering my body without bodypaint (I'm worried it will crease or come off, mostly on my tummy) and I was thinking a zentai suit but it's not skin like enough for me, any ideas?
>>
>>8932761
Awesome thanks. Will any of the fabric types from spoonflower hold the print well? I've read that going to the higher quality is the best option.
I honestly don't remember adding the title. I might have copied and pasted accidentally from searches I was doing.
>>
>>8938226
Zentai or a unitard is your best bet. As much as we hate hamsteaks, you might wanna look up their tricks for paint-less magic and just change yours to be red.
>>
>>8937765

Depending on where you live, you can find some places that are really helpful in getting you the best kind of foam for something with movement.
I live in Aus, so we have Clark Rubber, and they've always been super helpful in helping me pick the best kind of foam in terms of stiffness/thickness/density etc. when i've gone into the store.

I would say that potentially try and find a very porous/soft sort of insulation foam? you want to find something you can bend easily, so it won't look so stiff when you have it all finished!
>>
>>8935235
>>8936003
Did you try looking for seperate blouse and skirt patterns?
>>
File: 683860.jpg (2 MB, 3150x1755) Image search: [Google]
683860.jpg
2 MB, 3150x1755
yo guys, i'm in the process of planning a Miraculous Ladybug cosplay, and i want to be REALLY particular about my fabric choice.

I can't for the life of me find any kind of red spandex/stretch fabric with the slight hexagon print/texture she has on her suit, and i'm set on getting it. (I don't want glittery/sequins like a lot of cosplayers have used)

At the moment i'm thinking of custom printing my own design on Spoonflower with the hexagon texture drawn on, but i want to use their sports lycra and i feel it isn't shiny enough.

Does anybody have any clue of somewhere that would sell the textured spandex/similiar fabric (I've looked extensively and can't find a thing myself), OR a way to add sheen to the sports lycra?

(pic related to give an idea of the texture)
>>
>>8938222
New to the board, didn't know sorry! Guess this is more for construction advice.
>>
>>8938217
I don't know if window tint will do the trick, but I would like to try that for you when I get home from work. Real curious if it would give the effect you need.
>>
I just need advice. So I bought this bag that's 125 years old and matches my dress. It's in great condition and it looks like someone replaced the chain with a pretty strong chain. My friend said I should put it up instead of using for the meetup weeks from now. I think it's strong enough to hold my cellphone and keys for a couple of hours. It's a purse after all. It looks like it's been stuffed in another bag at the bottom of a chest in someone's attic for 100 years. It's hardly worn at all. Would it be wrong to bring it? Or even gross?
>>
>>8938261
reporting back, don't do window tint, it doesn't hide things enough
>>
>>8938418
well, if it looks good the age would not matter
>>
>>8938462
I think it looks in excellent condition and the colors match my dress. I was going for a Victorian feel with my coord. I was mostly worried that someone would think it's gross or wrong. It has a mild oder but I'm airing it out
>>
>>8938418
pic? i wanna see it!
>>
File: DSC_4743_grande.jpg (36 KB, 800x647) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4743_grande.jpg
36 KB, 800x647
>>8938196
The double bow thing looks like a two part brooch. Similarly made to pic related but with bows instead of the acrylic and possibly a pearl chain instead of a plain one. Easy to make, just get the bows and the chain and two small pinbacks. Attach chain to pinbacks, glue on bows, donezo. Also instead of the rolled up pants I'd maybe go for something more ouji inspired.
>>
>>8938217
Maybe you can line it with black painted scrim? Its an old haunted house/dark ride standby trick, basically just cloth and when lit from behind its almost invisible.
>>
>>8938561
I wouldn't think its gross, but I would be very very careful and maybe have a backup plan in case it turns out to be more fragile than it appears. I used to work at a museum and sometimes if you're not trained to recognize it, the damage and age strain is hard to spot.
>>
I need to paint this plastic Tommy gun.
If I put a coat of modpodge down after spray paint will it help from paint rubbing off of the plastic?
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>8938196
How about ouji boystyle shorts?
>>
>>8939173
uhh, why not just use spray paint for plastic?
>>
File: jasper_by_drawkill-d91hdot[1].jpg (430 KB, 720x1050) Image search: [Google]
jasper_by_drawkill-d91hdot[1].jpg
430 KB, 720x1050
Okay so I need to cosplay Jasper.
I have a T-shirt I'm going to convert to her top, and I'm pretty sure for the arms I'll use the stockings trick for her arms or body paint.
Any idea how I can make the legs? I know boot covers are needed for the feet, but what about the leggings?

I'm unable to find any stockings or tights or anything.
If anything, does anyone know the name of the style of yoga pants that you can unfold to make it go up to your waist?
>>
>>8939250
Because I already have a can of spray paint at home, comicon is in less than a week and I'd rather not have to buy another.
>>
File: drill.png (202 KB, 381x635) Image search: [Google]
drill.png
202 KB, 381x635
>>8937765
Sorry for the weird picture but it's all that I have atm! This was when it was pinned together but it's sewn now and looks exactly the same.
>>
>>8938244
Yes, i was able to find a few good skirt patternss but i couldnt find any seamless turtleneck ones.
>>
I want to make a sword for Scott Pilgrim, and I've gotten as far as the paper template. What's the best material to make the real thing out of? I got wood recently, but I don't know where I could access a jigsaw.
>>
>>8939292
if you're planning to bring to a con at any point, make it out of foam. or else you might not get past peacebonding.
>>
>>8939444
Just about every prop sword I've seen at a con has been made of wood.

I just spent the weekend carrying my wooden scissor blade around.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 342x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 342x343
Can anyone suggest a pattern for a trunks jacket? I'd really like to give making one a shot. I don't mind if it's not short like this, shortening a pattern is easy.. But I'd prefer one that doesn't need any major changes besides that!!
>>
>>8939461
Hmm, maybe cut down plastic sheets then? Your local humble house should have a jigsaw you can use for like $2/hour.
>>
>>8939473

Simplicity has one for teens/petite women
>>
>>8939292
I just cut a template for a sword I wanted to make, and somehow I made it 48" long. That seems really long to me.

It's Stocking's sword.
>>
i know this is dumb, but i'm new to wearing heels and just got my first pair. do any of you have some tips/tricks to keep myself from dying in them?
>>
>>8939626
Break them in. Walk slowly until you get better at walking. Avoid uneven surfaces.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is there any way I can fix this myself or should I get this professionally done? The thread that holds the "shoulder strap" part of the JSK is getting strained and coming loose. As far as I can tell the fabric itself isn't damaged though.
>>
File: phone help.png (473 KB, 849x477) Image search: [Google]
phone help.png
473 KB, 849x477
Figured Id try my luck here since it's for my cosplay. Anyone know what kind of phone this is or what I should be searching besides 'japanese mobile phone 2005/6]?
>>
>>8939660
First of all, anon, get some pants clips to hold up that JSK by the bodice for the time being! Sorry, not a sewing anon but you don't want to damage it any more than it already is.
>>
>>8939579
This one is gonna be for a guy with some muscle on him, so that won't work. Thanks though.
>>
>>8939261
I use clear acrylic spray to seal my spray paint. Also they make spray primer that bonds to plastic and then you can use regular paint on top.
>>
>>8939660
I mean it's pretty straightforward picking it apart and putting it back together, though it might be a bit annoying. you would probably need to hand sew it and it wouldn't look as perfect as at first, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible
>>
>>8939660

It's fixable yourself.
Just hand sew a ladder stitch with the same color thread.
That will close it right up and not leave a trace of anything being amiss.

If you can't sew at all take it to the cleaners and they can fix it right up for you. Usually drycleaners have a tailor on hand. Might cost you $10 or 15 bucks.

Tutorial:
http://www.squishycutedesigns.com/ladder-stitch/

Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHWD1qjNrqs
>>
File: rita.png (1 MB, 776x892) Image search: [Google]
rita.png
1 MB, 776x892
Anyone got some fabric suggestions for the base dress? Hopefully something that won't wrinkle easily?

(I know these are different actresses/dresses, I'm just doing my own thing)
>>
File: sonyericsson_P990.jpg (27 KB, 307x477) Image search: [Google]
sonyericsson_P990.jpg
27 KB, 307x477
>>8939710
A Sony Ericsson P990i phone seems a fairly close match? It doesn't have an antenna, but it's silver and bulky.
>>
>>8939554
Wtf is a "humble house?" Google yields no help.

>>8939580
Her sword is pretty fuckhuge in the show, but it may be hard to maneuver.
>>
>>8940045
I'm guessing a charity shop
>>
>>8939178
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but... do guys actually wear these? The dude said he's doing a genderbend, not a crossplay.
>>
>>8939993
Not at all, it's fuck ugly and silver. The point is that Hachi has a cute pink phone.
>>
File: mannequin.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
mannequin.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1600
I want one of these, but they don't seem to come in male variants.

I wouldn't even know where to get one outside of the internet.
>>
>>8940094
The screenshot looks silver (slight pink tint now that you mentioned it), bulky and " fuck ugly" to me, on this computer.

But hey, good luck finding a pink flip phone that isn't a Razr, then.
>>
>>8940112
Google "male dress form".
>>
>>8940112
If you have a local craft/sewing store they should sell both male and female dress forms, which would most likely also be adjustable.

I'm in Aus, so idk where you are, but if you have a Lincraft or anything similiar they sell them there in a range of sizes and both genders!
>>
Is there something I can spray on my wooden sword to make it look shiny and metal? Like a clear metallic paint?
>>
File: pattern.jpg (154 KB, 794x342) Image search: [Google]
pattern.jpg
154 KB, 794x342
>>8927599
Trying to create a costume somewhat similar to the image on the right. Image on the left is my pattern for the circled bit in the image on the right.

Does the pattern look like it'd work? I tried to sort of wrap it around myself to 'test' it, but it's paper, so it's a bit of a pain to do that with.

Just wanted to know before I cut it out and waste all my black fabric.

Many thanks!
>>
>>8940133
I know you can get silver metallic paint but I'm not sure about clear.

If you weren't fussed with it taking a while, you could mix a metallic tinted nail varnish with a clear one? Dunno how well that'd work though.
>>
>>8940133
I'd spray paint it silver, use a matte sealing coat, the go in with acrylic paint with a paint brush to give it depth and dimension. There are lots of painting tutorials, go look some up and come back if you have specific questions.

>>8940181
I'm not sure exactly what your pattern is for. This character is wearing a leotard with a waist coat over top. Commercial leotard patterns aren't hard to find an modify, but you're gonna have a hell of a time if you try to use that pattern.
>>
>>8940364
The pattern was to try and make the black part as more like some high waisted pant things. Like I said, wasn't going for the exact look, just something similar.

Any chance you could point me in the direction of a leotard pattern?
Thanks!
>>
>>8940374
Kwicksew K3502, Mccall M7217, Mccall K3661. Don't be lazy, I'm literally googling "leotard pattern."
>>
>>8940181
Make a fucking mockup. Get some cheapo fabric remnant that's similar to your final fabric and test it out. Jfc
>>
Some day, I want to do hamburger lolita. But it seems really hard.

>>8940048
What kind of charity shop has a jigsaw you can use for $2 an hour?
>>
>>8939765
Alright. Thanks. I do have a spray sealant on hand.
>>
Help me find the orange coat jacket thing. I don't want to buy the actual cosplay one since I basically have everything else
>>
>>8927599
What sewing machine should I cop that isnt like 300-400+ ??

I want to offer to my mom in her birthday and also learn how to tailor my own shit
where to cop machine and where to learn?

i googled and it seems the Brother CS6000i is the best bet
>>
>>8940728
There's a sewing machine thread right now. People have been giving suggestions, you might check that out.
>>
File: ekss003_3.jpg (34 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
ekss003_3.jpg
34 KB, 350x420
Im just in Love with this outfit.
The character is amazing, i love the outfit, and id love to pose for pictures yelling "EXPLOSION!"

But I'm a 6 feet tall guy. Is there any way I can use this cosplay without looking like a cringefest or ending up in the bad cosplay threads?
>>
>>8940740
thanks, I came from /fa/ so new here
>>
>>8940753
No worries, this isn't a bad place to ask there's just a bunch of shop talk over there right now.
>>
File: whiteshuttershades.jpg (27 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
whiteshuttershades.jpg
27 KB, 640x426
If I wear glasses, and I don't generally use contacts, what should I do if I want to cosplay a character that doesn't wear glasses? Worse yet, even if a character DOES wear glasses, it would never match the style I have.

I would never dress as a serious character, however. Last year for a local con, I dressed up as Tingle from Zelda, and wore shutter shades to hide the fact that I was wearing glasses underneath. I personally think it worked out fine, since the character was so goofy, and it in itself was a reference to this flash cartoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsMayq8sL-U

This year, I want to go as The King Harkinian from the Zelda CD-i games. What should I do about my glasses situation? Should I don the shutter shades again, since it's an equally goofy character?
>>
>>8941020
Generally, people just take their glasses off for pictures.
>>
>>8941027

I really don't think I could do that. I am completely blind without them. I can only see things that are literally 2 inches in front of my face. I don't think I could take a good picture like that, and besides, I hate the way my face looks like without them.
>>
File: PSX_20160329_173155.jpg (189 KB, 1377x1048) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160329_173155.jpg
189 KB, 1377x1048
I want to make a big squirrel tail that's built out of hoops, controlling the shape with the connecting strip lengths. I'd cover it in a layer of foam (or batting?) and that cover, sewn to the fur on top, would be removable for packing so the hoops could be collapsed. There would be an elastic loop coming out of the tail that would connect to a strap on the back of my jacket collar, and the bottom of the tail would attach to a shorts harness.
Is this reasonable? Is there something I'm overlooking?
>>
>>8941033
You kind of answered your own question. You should just get contacts then.
>>
>>8941047

For one con where'd I probably only cosplay one of the two days? I would have no other use for them.
>>
Hey, I'm going to be doing a male Eli Ayase, and I'm looking for a wig like this, but in blonde. I'm gonna put it in a small ponytail too, and try to add some side bangs too. Anyone know where I can get one?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>8941052
Oops, forgot photo.
>>
Help! I want to find roomies for Anime Expo so we can party all night and watch anime and have a good time. Help! I don't want to get murdered because I would be by myself cause all my Cali friends are moving out or are not into anime. WonderCon, yes, Anime Expo, no. What do I do!
>>
it's been over 24 hours since I bought something on LM and still no contact from the seller

what should I do?
>>
>>8941237
check your e-mail to make sure you didn't miss their invoice.
send them a message if there's no invoice just as a nudging reminder.
from there on just check if the seller has even read the message and give them a little time to answer or get back to you.
>>
>>8941054
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/imladris-classic/
https://www.epiccosplay.com/helen-15-butterscotch-blonde-multi-part-skin-top-cosplay-wig.html
>>
>>8940744
>>8927888
>>
Any ideas on what these shin guards are made of, and what material I should use to make them?
>>
File: na1.gif (1 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
na1.gif
1 MB, 400x224
>>8939993
>>8940094
>>8940124
I want to make it clear that I was the one asking about the phone or something similar. I am not the rude anon who replied saying it is fucking ugly. You can always remove all the casings for a phone and spray paint and seal the plastic. Just as easy and altering a DS casing.

>>8940094 You need to not be a fucking asshole.

Thank you anon who found a model close to it. It really helps!
>>
>>8941385
Alright phone-chan, glad I could help a little.

I was a bit of an asshole back to that other anon; that said, I don't think you can find that many models of flip-down phones that are AND pink AND have a large screen AND have an antenna.
>>
>>8937331
That's a good idea. I also considered making a foam structure and laying the fabric on top of it. I want it to look stylized like it does in game. A lot of the time when I see Star Wars costumes from non-film sources, they end up looking non-authentic due to real world limitations. Going for a replication of what's seen in-game.

Thanks
>>
I'm planning on cosplaying Darth Talon for megacon, I was wondering if I can get any tips on well everything. I don't want to make a latex headpiece, is there a fabric I can use instead? What bodypaint should I use that won't rub off easy on my body, I heard pax is good.
> pic: not exactly canon, but I wanted to do this color reversed version
>>
>>8941601
Not to be THAT anon but maybe you should start with something simpler, like maybe body paint with less prosthetics or practice making the head tails. I think those would look good if you made a base and maybe put latex where it attaches to your noggin
>>
>>8941671
I'm well versed in prosthetics, I've just never done anything this big before. And I've had my heart set on this for a long time now. I'm planning on making something that wraps around my head to make it sturdier, even though it's not canon per say. I'm more worried about it staying on rather then being 100% true to image
>>
>>8941601
PAX is a bitch to get off, and contains acrylic paint, which isn't mean for application on skin. If you do use PAX, do not use it on your face.

There are lots of water and creme based make-up that can look great when sealed properly. Wolfe FX, Diamond FX, TAG, Global, Kryolan, Mehron, and Ben Nye are all professional brands that will give you good results. You can also look into alcohol based paints, although for the most part these are meant to be applied with an airbrush. Proaiir is a great brand if you want to go that route.
>>
How good does ironing work with delicate things like JSK? Didn't find anything specific for lolita pieces regarding ironing.

I hope gulls can give a newb some tips to prevent burned frills.
>>
Does anyone own a dressform? What brand do you have? What should I look for in a dress form?
>>
File: 03-CutMan-Specs.jpg (235 KB, 1069x425) Image search: [Google]
03-CutMan-Specs.jpg
235 KB, 1069x425
Is there any way to make the body of a Mega Man character cosplay look more like metal and less like fabric? I've got most of the logistics out of the way for the head, feet, and hands of my Cut Man costume, but no clue on how to make a more metallic-looking body.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.