[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1377572186687.jpg (93 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1377572186687.jpg
93 KB, 400x267
New feels thread as >>8677977 is autosaging, try to keep it /cgl/ related.
>>
>someone selling dream dress on BST thread
>"if interested, leave your email"
>finally got the money for it, can pay immediately, very excited
>leave email, it's the same day they posted it and no one else has replied to them, so it should be fine
>never get a response
>>
File: fuck the haters yo.jpg (1 MB, 1305x1696) Image search: [Google]
fuck the haters yo.jpg
1 MB, 1305x1696
>spend a few years looking for new hobbies because lost interest in everything
>find lolita
>have shitty job that doesn't pay well
>have to save to buy lolita
>get fed up
>find better paying job
>can just buy lolita left and right
>realized today that the company is a bit fleeting

Fuck. I can probably stay for like a year or so? But... this is a small company that has very slow business sometimes. Especially lately. I have to gain the experience but I also really need to look into other things.
I spent all my depression time looking for new hobbies so now I have them but now I have to get my life together and still be able to afford something like Lolita and I don't know what to fucking do because the only thing I am passionate about is these stupid dresses.

But next week I can buy dreamy planetarium! yay...
>>
>be buying more Lolita
> It's been a while since I've bought main pieces
>feels good
>sees cool cosplay prop on aliexpress
>$600
>mfw that could be multiple dresses

Sometimes it really sucks being a lolita and a cosplayer
>>
>>8684857
for $600 it better do something amazing
>>
>>8684862
Nope, it's kinda heavy, so it has ems shipping which is about $175 or so
>>
>have been trying to sell a dress for a month that I keep reducing even though it's already way below the market value and I thought it was popular
>stupid buyer on eBay opens a dispute on hefty priced item the day that the tracking number shows that it arrived in their state. Took 5 days to ship it, wtf. Could tell it was a nightmare buyer as they sent heaps of messages asking dumb questions before they bought it (listen to your instincts)
>dream dress came up for sale and by the time invoice came through, dispute was open and now that my balance is in the negative I can't afford it

Fuck, I hope someone buys that dress or the asshole closes the dispute soon so I don't get blacklisted/miss out on the dress.

Update: I just got a message asking to sell the dress for half the price shipped. Why am I attracting really flaky people with this dress and now this? On top of it, my pet is needing the vet.
>>
>>8684864
Now you have my sympathy.
>>
>>8684392
Oh snap, Anon. That really sucks! I hope they get back to you, and nobody buys it before you.
>>
>>8684864
That's still $425 for the prop, what the heck is it?
>>
>>8684911
Attack on Titan the 3dmg
>looked into commissioning someone
>they charge over $1,200
>mfw I can buy 2 sets online for same price
>>
>last exam of my two-week exam block tomorrow
>still have tons of info to memorise and cram
>tiny attention span not helping
>start feeling super depressed and get really pissed off at insignificant things like a game lagging
>try to think of how my friend has offered to take me interstate to go to a con with other friends
>try to think of all the sewing i'll be able to do after, something i've been waiting for for a long time
>remembers that my machine is broken and i need to get it fixed asap for two costumes i have to complete in two weeks for a long-anticipated birthday party
>however, machine servicing can take up to a week or more and i'm not really familiar with the garments i'll be making
>remembers how i've promised to help friends make their cosplays/parts of it for the interstate con in a month
>still have to gather remaining materials
>still have to ask parents to help me get stuff for my own cosplays
>worried they'll refuse even though they've always been very supportive of me cosplaying
>starts worrying i won't be able to pattern the costumes well
>starts worrying about my own funds
>starts worrying about my friends' funds
>starts wondering if i really can do it
>gets more depressed

fuck, didn't mean for this to get so long. i'm so fucking close but it just feels like the last hurdle is a huge chasm i have to somehow jump over. pray for me, seagulls.
>>
>Diagnosed with Epilepsy as a small child.
>Find lolita and lurk for 5 years.
>Too poor for insurance, but not poor enough to get Medicaid.
>All my money goes to medication, bills, gas, rent...
>My sister goes through my laptop history, sees LM is the most visited site.
>Bitch makes an account and buys me a dress.

NGL, I was mad about her searching my history, but damn if that isn't the nicest shit anyone has ever done for me.
>>
>>8684989
That's super sweet oh gosh
>>
>>8684793
Start saving anon! It'll suck if you'll have to sell your dress if you lose you job
>>
>have sort of a "friend" who has helped me out in the past but is pretty much a dick, easing out of the friendship at this point
>organising a cosplay meet at a con this past weekend, one each day
>this has been all he's talked about for the past year, he blew off working on his degree to focus on cosplay
>finally see pictures of his cosplay
>his actual costume is fine, his prop is amazing, but everything else is a trainwreck
>try suggesting things to him to make it better, get shot down, okay w/e
>con this weekend, I can't go
>see him posting though that he's changing the location of the meet-up an hour beforehand
>at least 10 people posting in the group asking where everyone is
>he did this last time too, and me and my friends all told him it's rude and will make the meet crap
>biggest con in my country, so photos are everywhere
>looks like a large section of the group just fucked off and did a separate meet/shoot without him
>not surprised
>not sure if I should feel bad for him
>remember how the dude only showers if forced to, usually by his mother, and never washed his hands after using the bathroom
>yeah I don't feel bad for him at ALL
>>
>be me lacking social skills
>do well in school
>people want to smooch off my brain
>pls no I don't want to be your pretend-friend
>too much of a pushover to tell them to fuck off
>use lolita as a shield so people stay away
>>
>>8684866
Jesus what the hell are you selling?
>>
>>8685085
MCM and the Madoka meet by any chance?
>>
>After being kicked out of my comm I tried to go on fb and keep the few girls from the comm as friends and make plans and stuff.
>Being on fb is starting to depress me. just reminds me of the fun and friends I used to have.
>Realize how obsessed I was with lolita, when I have nothing else to obsess over.
>Feel sad an empty,till I realize I have an amazing wardrobe, my family is great, I live in my own home and I have a great fiance.
>Now back to being focused on moving, travel, college, my relationship and all the good in my life.
>Felt weird at first, but now It feels really good.
>Realized almost everyone in my comm lives really mundane and basic lives and lolita is the only thing they control. Made me want to run far as hell away from everyone who lives a dysfunctional weebish sad life.
>I legit feel sorry for these poor girls.
>>
>>8684866
It might just not be a popular dress right now, but if you still anything for a really low price you attract the worst people.
Try putting it for only a couple of days in lacemarket for a cheap but fair price, make sure your photos are nice.
>>
>>8685144
you sound so bitter
>>
>at local cons every other weekend this month because they all booked at same time and couldn't swap dates with venues
>having personal problems that I can deal with outside of this
>problems follow to cons
>focus on my work, ignore the source
>last con for the month
>there's a collective following me
>like a really bad attempt at watching
>everyone else notices it
>I'm done
>confide in close friend
>feel better when she pulls them aside and reads them the right act
>another group had been following me
>but in awe
>all dressed from same series as me
>feel better with them knowing they were admiring work
>we take selfies and pics together
>mfw that group made my day so much better

I guess I'm bitter that it should've been my one year anniversary but instead was spent trying to hide as much as possible. Cosplayers are so crazy.
>>
I just need to vent a bit

>want to be updated on past drama and lolcows
>use the farm for it
>tfw half the threads are anons picking out a body part and bashing it
>tfw everyone's fat unless we're talking about the ana threads
>tfw the HAES thread seems to be the most active

I just want to read up on some drama, why is everyone on there so obsessed with weight? I thought it was bad here but I was wrong.
>>
>>8685144
why you got kicked out?
>>
>>8685144
Are you me?
Because except for the part about being kicked from the comm, you sound like me
>>
>>8685147
The thing is, I was for a while, but after stepping back to the other parts of my life I am truely at peace. I wish all them happiness and hope they are able to move on in life as well.
>>
>>8685165
Because appearently telling someone who doesn't want to be your friend that its cool, you don't want to be their friend either is considered bullying now. Whenever she is the one who friend requested me, and deleted me and then sent me a message explaining why. Then she assumed a bunch of my fb status were about her and confronted me, I told her she was being ridiculous and even though there was no evidence I was banned.
>>
>>8685169
plot twist: I am you.
>>
>>8685196
You'll attract less drama if you stop posting passive aggressive statuses that could be applicable to more than one person.
>>
>>8685141
MCM yes, Madoka no.
>>
>>8685144
>>8685196
Oh lord, I remember you posted in the last thread. Lmao it's bad when gulls call you a psycho!
>>
File: 1424928164253.png (16 KB, 210x214) Image search: [Google]
1424928164253.png
16 KB, 210x214
>Daughter has a successful con cosplaying as an Evee
>Wants me and thewifes to be a professor and a trainer

Is this how it begins?
>>
>>8685196
You're so obsessed with it and post about it constantly, I doubt you're over it at all, moreover it's boring as fuck

>everyone in my comm lives really mundane and basic lives and lolita is the only thing they control. Made me want to run far as hell away from everyone who lives a dysfunctional weebish sad life.
>I am truely at peace. I wish all them happiness and hope they are able to move on in life as well.
lol
>>
People always tag/post on pictures on tumblr things like "Literally my aesthetic" and it pisses me off.
The amount of times I've seen a comment or tag like that and gone through someone's tumblr to find nothing remotely related, or a bunch of boring unrelated selfies is so annoying. You can't tag hime gyaru images like that and then just have a tumblr full of Dr Who gifs and shitty selfies in teeshirts and unstyled hair. I know I sound like a bitter old person, but I just don't get why people do it.
I want to find things that are related to the things I like, but the way everyone has to chip in on something with comments like "THIS IS MY SPIRIT AESTHETIC" is ruining any hope of it.
>>
I know it's OT, but the whole Zamii thing pisses me off. I just can't comprehend why there were so many hate blogs, how they shat on every single post she made, and would constantly send hate for the most petty reasons I've ever seen.

I've seen a lot of shit from tumblr, but this one really takes the cake. I'm absolutely disgusted at how even after her suicide attempt, they're just going "UUUM WE WERE JUST JOKING"
>>
>>8685161
it pulled a lot of (often male) fathate posters. /fit/'s fat hate threads (which used to be "fat people stories," not hate) also changed in tone and got way popular.

something about reddit's fat hate thing being taken down or something. refugees ran to the chans.
>>
>>8685193
this is what delusional bitter-chans say.

i have met many. they do not let it go like they claim, they are just desperate to feel superior.
>>
>>8684989
Your sister is a champ. Also look into Obamacare, anon. Obamacare and Medicare/Medicaid are not the same thing, Obamacare is a good middle ground between Medicaid and privatized insurance. Their healthcare plans are surprisingly affordable and they have some pretty nice packages that could help you out. A lot of my coworkers have Obamacare because both our company's pay and healthcare packages are a complete joke.
>>
>>8685240
I honestly still can't believe some people were proud users of that reddit. They always just took some random person who posted a picture online and then hated on them.
I feel like there's a big difference with 'putting yourself out there' and actively trying to search for pictures of anyone overweight only to then bash on them.

It also always surprises me (on the farm, not reddit) how they're willing to say that someone who's fat is always a horrible person and in no way things like food addiction can possibly exist.
Or just how even some girls that are average weight get shit on, and if they can't go after weight, they'll say something like "what a huge nose!!". It's always the nose. Always.

I'm not even a fat apologist, I've just never seen the fun of bashing people for their weight to an unreasonable degree.
>>
>>8685233
i found one blog about it and it gave me cancer.

fuck this gay earth, /cgl/ never goes that low but we're still scapegoated as a menace on the con/lolita scene.
>>
>>8685223
I hardly think two posts is constant. I was posting this time because I had friends in lolita still and I've stopped contact with them and stopped having a fb entirely. its progress for me.
>>
>>8684471
To the anon in the last thread. I've gone through something similar with my depression. Except, I know how expensive clothes and such are so if I'm at an all time low, I don't even go on my computer. Get in your car and go to the store, window shop. I actually altered what I look at when depressed, so instead of dropping a hundred on clothes everytime I'm depressed, I go and look at plants, and I buy a $3 succulent. I accumulated a bunch of little plants in the last year but it's good, because rather than buying things now, I go and repot a few plants and that takes me mind off of things.

Try to switch focuses from binge buying clothes to something less harmful for your wallet. It really depends on your own integrity, you have to actively force yourself to do it.
>>
>>8685200
Its a non issue now as my only link to any lolita at all is through cgl. I dont like social media for that reason. I'm hardly worried about being anon now though.
>>
>>8685207
So because a few people that obviously don't like me or know me call me psycho, that must make it true? Please tell me more?
>>
>>8685243
No superiority here, I don't think I am better than anyone. I just don't care enough about people that don't effect my income to really hold ill will. why would I be bitter? I could still get together with some lolitas if I wanted? and if they dont like me, I don't want to make myself a target to be disliked openly. Its happened before to me, so maybe I am just used to it.
>>
>>8685276
why the fuck are you still responding?
>>
>>8685223
Plus I didn't say everyone I said almost everyone. A few of them are really great people and lolitas. I'm not that salty.
>>
>>8685255
>Or just how even some girls that are average weight get shit on
>I'm not even a fat apologist, I've just never seen the fun of bashing people for their weight to an unreasonable degree.
If someone's grossly obese in a bikini or whatever, fair enough, but if someone's average? Or a bit chubby? Have they ever been outside their houses? Do they have supermodel mothers, friends and girlfriends? /cgl/ is actually pretty good for this though, much better than I thought when I first lurked here.
>>
>>8685282
I have an eating disorder related to OCD that basically forces me to cram down food until I am immobile. I am in the lower half of the BMI scale. Am I super skinny, no, but I probably fit in with the decent looking crowd. And yet people have told me I would look so great if I lost a few pounds and okay, maybe I would. But it's not really their business especially if I'm not out there posting cosplay pictures and just living my life. Ugh the feels are so strong. I would love to lose weight but it's hard to do when I work extremely hard to maintain.
>>
>>8685282
While I can understand the joking especially when we're talking about obese people, these days I'm really way less into it.

And yeah I agree, cgl is pretty okay with it (some think this means cgl is HAES just because it isn't 24/7 bashing).
On the other hand, cgl seems to have issues with what really is a healthy body, probably influenced by all the snapshots of petite asian girls in jfash, which is seen as a standard.
>>
>>8685287
Good luck with your disorder, anon. I believe in you!
>12 years old, dad moves out, leaving me and brother with alcoholic mother
>very little food in the house, 90% junk, no fruit or veg, but we always had bread
>no allowance to buy better food, couldn't get job
>had no food nutrition classes or information, thought bread was good for you, so tried to make sure me and brother ate more of that than chips, fried food etc.
>both got predictably fat
>situation didn't improve for another 4 years
>he managed to shift the weight during puberty, I can't
>everyone at work is always surprised by how healthy I eat because I'm still frigging fat
>but yeah, we're all lazy and greedy
>>
>con has bitch I hate on the poster
>really excited for said con
>every time I go on the website/facebook her face looking at me
>ugh
>>
File: for_ants.jpg (25 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
for_ants.jpg
25 KB, 500x600
>always been made fun of for being pale
>in my country (Balkans) the ideal look seems to be dyed black flat ironed hair + fake tan for days, pretty much pic related
>mom always called me 'cheese' and put her clowny pink lipstick on my cheeks 'so I can look healthy for a change'
>got the 'cheese'/'corpse'/'cancer patient'/'drug addict' comments at least once a day
>it's not like it's uncommon here, but people seem to think it's unsightly for some reason and condition their friends and children to go tanning/use fake tanner
>finally learn to love my skin somewhat
>today some drunken slut downtown starts hollering at me in the middle of the street, telling me I should off myself instead of wasting away and letting my family suffer, calling me a drug addict etc
>now feel like shit
man what the fuck is up with people these days
>>
>>8685333
Shut up, cheese
>>
>>8685337
I'll have you know I'm all the rage with French boys
>>
>newb lolita
>need help with a coord
>no full length mirror
>no cute sheets to place coord-so-far on
>welder bf so even normal sheets are a no go
>>
>>8685340
Seriously? You can just go thrift a shitty cute sheet for 3 bucks or do a collage.
>>
>>8685333
>tfw you know that feel
>inb4 "Oh poor whitey"
It's not comparable to being black or other poc of course, but it's still really shitty and can fuck you up.
>>
>>8684912
With those I don't know if they'd be cheaper to make or not but I would assume. There are a bunch of tutorials running around from where the series spiked in popularity so it's worth looking into before dropping big bucks

You can build props but you can't build brand
>>
File: 1439827069173.jpg (53 KB, 441x441) Image search: [Google]
1439827069173.jpg
53 KB, 441x441
>>8684989
Your sister is a real MVP anon
>>
>>8685153
What was so important that they felt the need to follow you around?
>>
>>8685233
>>8685257
Holy shit what and why? Anyone care to update me?
>>
>>8685371
In those situations I usually start crying about muh civil war which shuts them up pretty quickly.
It's retarded, being bullied is a problem no matter what you're bullied for. I've been bullied for my skin colour and nose, which doesn't mean I have it better or worse than someone who's been bullied for idk being hairy or having buckteeth
>>
>>8685333
I know that feel anon. Once my bathing suit clip snapped and my family called me casper tits for the rest of the vacation. People don't seem to realize that some people just can't tan
>>
>>8684998
Ugh I know. I am going to save my tips next month, that's for sure. Fucking Halloween caught me off guard but that's cause I didn't think I was doing anything until now.
>>
>>8685381
I attempted to make them about a year ago, took me a few months. Sadly, they look like shit. Even with tutorials, I'm just not cut out for crafting
>>
>Bursitis in my hip
>Keep trying to work out so I don't turn into a fucking lard ball
>Can't go more than 30min at a brisk walk
>Uphill? No siree bob. Aggravates hip even more
>Simple solution is a cortisone injection into the bursa in my hip
>I have a fear of needles so violent that I have to be 100% unconscious for a syringe to come anywhere near me
>None of the doctors I've talked to can seem to grasp that concept, keep offering me local anesthesia which, surprise, has to come from a needle
>I just want to be able to exercise again so I don't get so fat that my JSKs don't fit

Feels fucking shitty, man. I can't even be on my feet for more than two hours at this point.
>>
>see an ETC skirt in an old ad and fall in love with it
>came out over 5 years ago
>whelp I'll probably never find it
>see the JSK for cheap in my preferred color way
>have the money

I'm so happy
>>
>>8685436
Can't they just put you under through gas and then inject you?
>>
>>8685449
Going fully unconscious costs more and IIRC is riskier so doctors usually don't do it unless they have to.
>>
>tfw bfs ex is a bodyline loving ita
>tfw I have a closet full of brand
>feelsgood.jpg
>>
>been lurking in lolita for 4 years
>finally got babbys first coord together
>nothing special, just basic sweet
>feeling confidant it's not ita even if it's nothing special
>going to "harajuku fashion walk" with jfash friend to show it off
>my dreams are finally coming true
>>
>>8684866
i know this isn't b/s/t but post your listing, someone from here would be a better buyer.

Also I am curious
>>
File: image.jpg (473 KB, 1024x1417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
473 KB, 1024x1417
>really like the IDEA of guro Lolita
>hate it's always white dresses with blood and eyepatches
>want to do something more with it as a horror fan
>"anon that's not guro where's your white dress?"
>>
File: 1439409746115.png (138 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439409746115.png
138 KB, 1000x1000
>>8685406
>Casper tits
>>
>>8685533
Ugh, white dresses covered in blood are boring and gross. Guro could be so much more than what it is (it stands for "grotesque", not "gore"!), I'm honestly disappointed in what it's become. Fuck people and their narrow minds, go on with your creative take on guro, anon!
>>
>>8685533
Honestly, I love gritty body horror guro instead of what everyone seems to end up doing. We've had some great guro threads before, so if you looked in the archives I'm sure you can get some inspiration.
>>
File: namelesspoem.jpg (111 KB, 350x467) Image search: [Google]
namelesspoem.jpg
111 KB, 350x467
>literally just bought first dress/dream dress (pic related)
>excited as hell
>no clue when i will ever be able to wear this without my family throwing a shitfit

good thing i'm moving out next spring but still
>>
>>8685601
Why, are they religious or not religious?
>>
>>8685638
No, my mom watched that Living Doll TLC special and now thinks she's the expert on "those crazy dolly girls who think they're anime, I hope you're not one of them anon haha, they're so sad and pathetic"
I just prefer to be non-confrontational in general.
>>
>get nameless poem
>dream dress
>plan on wearing it to school
>crosses are on it
>school had a religious massacre a few weeks back
>afraid of offending someone
Am I just over thinking this? It'll be a month past the incident. I'll only be at school for an hour or so. I'm not super religious, although I am a Minister.
> I've heard of churches not letting lolitas in for 'making fun of religion'
>>
I have a serious question for you. Do you think it is okay to buy Lolita dresses just because you like them? Even though you can't wear them too often?

I wear Lolita maybe 4 to 5 times a year if it's a good year. I am in the situation where I don't have any fixed expenses so I can afford one dress every two to three months. Yes, it makes me feel good and maybe I should buy 'senseless' stuff as long as I carelessly can but I still feel strange about it.

>4 brand pieces sitting in my closet
>next month I could buy one of my dream dresses, even in a set
>then all my money will be gone again for Lolita
>do I have a problem?
>>
>>8685393
i used google and you can too
>>
>>8685758
>do I have a problem?
I don't think so. It's your money, your decision, your life. I know plenty of girls who love lolita but they don't wear it often at all, and that's perfectly fine. Honestly, if you think about it, it's unlikely that girls who buy AP's OTT prints or BTSSB's frill monsters wear them casually on a regular basis but that doesn't stop them from buying what they like.
Buy what you want when you want and wear it whenever you want.
>>
>>8685758
What >>8685793 said, your money, your decision. Buy whatever the fuck you want, why should anybody else have a say in how often you wear your clothing? I don't wear lolita more than once every two months or so, and to me, it makes it even more special, like dressing up for a special occasion, even if it's just going to tea with my comm.
Live your life like you want to, anon
>>
>>8685297
Thanks anon. I hope you have a good life and your past won't set you back too far.
>>
>>8685758

No.

Mainly because I do the same thing and I buy like 3 dresses a month when I can only really wear lolita every 1-1.5 months. But it's your money. As long as you're responsible with it and spend your fun money on what you enjoy most I don't see a problem at all.
>>
>>8685715
Okay but you are super obviously taking up like a bunch of replies in these threads. You might want to be more subtle if you want people to drop you on lolcow. I'm not even trying to be rude or make this personal.
>>
>>8685436
Weight loss is about 80% eating and 20% exercise. If you're worried about weight, look at what you're eating and change that.
>>
>>8685213
okay i think someone needs to tell you it's spelled "Eevee"
>>
File: SP9Pu.gif (1 MB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
SP9Pu.gif
1 MB, 333x250
>tfw someone from a super dramatic lolita community joins your local comm
>>
>Weather finally starts cooling down
> I can wear lolita tomorrow for the board game night!
>Go to university and see they are having a blood drive
>Decide to be good and donate
>Everything goes well, rest for half a hour and then go wait for my classes
>10 minutes later feel everything going black
>Shit I should get myself back to the paramedics
>Wake up on floor with students around me and blood on my forehead
>Medics arrive and take me to hospital
>Got stitches in my forehead and lip
>Not going to be looking pretty in lolita for a while, let alone go to the board game night.
>I just wanted to do good
>>
>>8686424
You did do good anon, take care of yourself now.
Maybe you could still go along and just watch if it isn't far? Or get a friend over to quietly hang out with.

You done gud anon.
>>
>>8685254
I'll have to actually check that out. I mean, I've heard about Obamacare, but only in the way that everyone either hates it or doesn't know how it works. I just sort of save up enough to buy a months worth of Lamictal. I'll be back after some furious Googling. Thanks Anon!
>>
>Just ordered set of 36 copic markers from amazon last month
>No tracking with package from Japan
>Just bullshitted that I never got my package
>Just got another set of pens in the mail
>>
>>8685533
Omg I recognize that art I think that's by an old friend of mine lmfao
>>
>Got so drunk at a con and ended up sleeping with someone
>Can't remember his name, face, what he looked like or what even happened
>Scared to say anything because hurr durr if you get drunk you deserve it
>>
>>8686472
You are the reason Japanese vendors hate the West.
You asshole.

>>8686492
Grey area anon, they might be feeling the exact same thing.
If you literally can't remember anything and you feel okay, you should try to forget it. These things happen.
But if something does actually feel wrong with your body or your memories, or you remember something that doesn't feel right then you should talk to a friend or reach out to a local service. Don't just let it stew.
>>
File: 135_S1Ep7.png (226 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
135_S1Ep7.png
226 KB, 640x360
That anon that wanted to cosplay Rin from a few threads back.

>Finally made up my mind and order costume.
>Some problem with shipping so my package was stuck in china for a while and almost got sent back to seller, cue freaking out.
>Somehow got fixed and super relieved.
>Almost a week without any updates.
>Checks shipping this afternoon, status says it's delivered.
>It's not.

I'll check again tomorrow and maybe it's only a slight delay but I'm just feeling really bad right now.
>>
File: image.png (141 KB, 471x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141 KB, 471x400
> posted my Halloween coord onto CoF
> haven't been posted here yet so far
>>
>>8686581
>Quick everyone! Go post all of the CoF coords that haven't been slapped on here, give me the attention I crave! I'm so much better than everyone else because I didn't do a witch coord!
>>
>>8686581
That just means you're basic
>>
>>8685144
You seem like the sad one with how hard you're trying to convince yourself.
>>
>>8685144
Most of us are in college. Just because mommy didn't give us our own house doesn't mean our lives are "sad and dysfunctional". Most of us don't brag about our travels and lives 24/7. Please take a few steps back, take a few deep breaths and chill out.
>>
File: 1ep4no1_540.png (241 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
1ep4no1_540.png
241 KB, 540x303
>>8685760
Well I was going under the assumption that everything would have been deleted and there wouldn't be multiple blogs about airing out someone else's dirty laundry

These people are literally the worst and I'm surprised their arms don't hurt from reaching that far for something to put against her. It's disgusting. Zamii wasn't even that shitty of a person to begin with
>>
>>8684912
That's a huge waste, anon. There are so many attack on Titan cosplayers that having $600 3D maneuver gear is only going to illicit a "oh, nice maneuver gear", if it is even noticed at all.
>>
>>8686592
I'm fine with that, tbh.
>>
>>8685436
You don't have to be unconscious to get a needle. If you don't face your fear, it'll always hang over your head. The more you go without facing it, it the more it builds on itself in a negative feedback loop, seeming more and more unconquerable. Just do it.
>>
My redhead sister got a 'lol ginger' comment ONCE in elementary school and now she always pulls the muh hair victim card because she 'had to dye it once!!!11'. Now her color's starting to fade into a dull brown and she won't stop crying about how UGLY her hair is, with me, a brunette, in the same room. She's always gotten all the attention, glad to see her knocked down a peg tbh.
>>
File: B6Ce_rTCEAAetHP.jpg (119 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
B6Ce_rTCEAAetHP.jpg
119 KB, 600x889
>love cosplay
>darker skin
>want to cosplay my waifu
>Fear I'm gonna fuck up my waifu due to dark skin
HOW DO I LIVE ON.
I generally don't care about my skin colour in cosplay, but I'm genuinely scared to fuck up my waifu over this.
>>
>>8685333
So, Jersey Shore style?
>>
File: 1442281978949.gif (728 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1442281978949.gif
728 KB, 320x180
>finally man up and figure out tenso (not hard but a pain in my asshole)
>submit id to get approved
>holy lantern MTO gets cut
>miss AP USA cut off by an hour

all my rage
>>
>>8687219
Good thing the MTO opens again next month then
>>
>>8686982
Your waifu would be proud of you for cosplaying her regardless, do it anon.
>>
>>8686760
If you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, it's generally smarter to not speak at all. I have PTSD and EVERY time I go to the dr. for minor procedures they have to put me under, otherwise I will unconsiously hinder their progress.
>hurr durr just do it
>>
>>8686982
Ralemthal is precious, you should do it anyway
>>
File: _20151026_205945.jpg (283 KB, 1440x2021) Image search: [Google]
_20151026_205945.jpg
283 KB, 1440x2021
>mfw I bought this dress and you can't have it :D

I'll sell it after I wear it once or twice. But I think it's so cute
>>
> Move far, far away from my home to get away from my mother.
> Made awesome lolita friend.
> First real friend I've had since I was thirteen.
> Never celebrated my birthday before so she's taking me out to the city to show me fun things to do.
> Planning coords together and dressing up for it.

Like, holy shit, I'm so excited. I'm turning twenty, and I'm so excited about having cake on my birthday and celebrating it with someone. I wish I could share just how happy I am right now with the world. I feel so fortunate to be able to do something like that.
>>
>>8687221
Yes but who wants to wait? And what if they don't have my color. IM STRESSED ABOUT IT.
>>
>Have bought 9 JSKs since August
>Buying Sailor Moon stuff as well
>Feels like a piece of shit because I don't like all the money I'm spending and it's now making me uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1443425819248.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443425819248.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>Knows lolita since teenager but never ever think of wearing it because too expensive and feels like can't do it
>Meet a girl who is into lolita, and recently become super close friend
>Dress me up in her house once, then thinking about really trying the fashion
>Planning my fist coord today
>Simple and kinda casual, but I like it, and she's so excited about it
>Wearing it this saturday

Sorry for the rambling and broken english, but I feel so proud and excited about this, gulls! I'm still a little insecure about it, but it's so good having friends that motivate you to do what you really love!
>>
>>8685333
I'd gladly take your paleness if I could. That would be the ideal for me.

>>8685406
Okay I laughed. And kind of hard. That sucks though.
>>
>>8686501
When shipping something of such expensive value, it's common sense to include tracking to protect yourself from these situations. Don't you read the buy/sell horror story threads on here? Idiot.
>>
>>8687642
> being an asshole is okay because there are other shitty people who exist in this world!1!!
Man, no wonder American society is so toxic.
>>
File: Camden_NJ_poverty.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Camden_NJ_poverty.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>Going to dress in gothic lolita on Halloween
>Has to pass through one of the poorest, most violent, abject criminal shithole ghettos in the country on the way
>Brolita
I don't like this feel.
>>
>>8687709
Be safe. Have you considered toning down your outfit when you have to travel to/from your event?
>>
>>8687709
Rest in peace in peace
>>
>>8687714
Finding a good place to change in is going to be difficult and I'm not looking forward to carrying around a shit ton of makeup and supplies and whatnot to and around my destination.
>>
>>8687752
what about ditching the petti until you get there, and wearing a normal-fag coat and shoes so you're less conspicuous?
>>
>>8687709
dude at least wear a full face mask
>>
>>8687709
Are you able to take a taxi or something from your house to where you're going instead. Or if not able to go that far in a taxi, take a taxi from your house to the bus/train station? The cost to use a taxi to bypass walking through it might be worth it.
>>
>>8687784
Yeah this is what I had in mind, a non-conspicuous coat and regular shoes, and maybe take off any jewelry/accessories that you could easily put back on? Are you taking the train (PATCO) through there? It's not normally too unsafe on the train, but it can't hurt to take what precautions you can.
>>
>>8685333

Here in the heart land of America we love some pasty white girls!
>>
>>8687831
>>8687831
I'm going to be taking the PATCO from lindenwold.

Walter Rand, Broadway, City Hall are all horrifying
>>
>>8687709

I think Brolita is prissy and sissy as fuck. But I would never give you shit its your choice. Stay out of the ghetto. Me and my m8 went to a party in a old industrial part of town dressed as droogs from clockwork orange. Some ghetto denzin said something smart ass under his breath as he walked past us and I just dropped the steal chain I was holding so it hit the ground but remained in my hand. That dude took off running.
>>
File: facepalm14.jpg (200 KB, 249x699) Image search: [Google]
facepalm14.jpg
200 KB, 249x699
>want to open Etsy store
>have giant bookmark folder with all the supplies I'd need
>have name picked out and patterns made and everything
>do some research and so many people are doing similar things that it doesn't even feel worth it
>don't have the money to get projects started anyway because going back to school is more important
>so much discouragement
>>
File: 1443957671119.jpg (29 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
1443957671119.jpg
29 KB, 200x226
>tfw you love an artist/commissioner's work but dislike them as a person and wouldn't feel good about giving them money
>can never decide what's more important, my dignity or getting something I really like

I usually try to make my own things in these cases so I don't have to worry about this problem but whenever I feel lazy and have spare cash I really have to dig down deep and ask myself if I can forgive their actions/opinions to buy their stuff or not.
>>
>>8687647
Not everyone is from the US.
I will take advantage of somebody's stupidity. It's not my fault they're stupid.
>>
>>8687922
Get the art done, and then charge back.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_midqn1L6y21qz4rgp.gif (984 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_midqn1L6y21qz4rgp.gif
984 KB, 500x262
>>8687922
Eh, you know what, your money won't last them long in the long run. I dunno how much the commissions are but 20-50 bucks isn't much IRL.
Think about it like this, you probably give money to company's you don't fully like all the time too. Probably much more.
So why not bite the bullet and get something you like? Sound's like you get the better end of the deal since you don't have to do the work and you get the reward!
>>
>>8686439
Thanks Anon, stitches should be out next week.
I didn't go because I'm not feeling very confident in myself after that and decided it's probably best to get some rest.

I know it's vain and that I did something good but now I'm upset that there may be scarring.
>Spend all teenage years careful not to get acne scars
>Will probably get a forehead scar from this
>At least I'll be able to do realistic guro lolita.
>>
>>8685793
>>8685812
>>8685836
Thank you guys, really! I decided to buy the dress and since I made that decision I'm super excited so I guess it's the right thing to do
>>
>>8687547
I feel really happy for you reading those lines. Enjoy every second of it, let your worries behind you, have a super great time and eat that damn delicious cake!

>>8687911
Just start off smaller. Maybe only share it on your facebook or tumblr for a while before opening a store. So you can see what people like and if you really find buyers (even tho there are many other offerings). If that works well you can use the money you made from the sales to open up the store and make more.
And just by the side: Just because there are many doing the same as you doesn't mean they're stuff has a good quality or people like their designs. As long as people see a reason to buy either from you then from others, you'll be fine. It's tough, so be realistic.

What do you even make?
>>
>>8687880
I'd love to move to the US tbh, too bad for my country you need 10 kinds of visas and insurances
>>
>>8687356
Yes, I'm sure you actually have PTSD from needles. It's a damn shame that there is literally nothing that anybody can ever do to get over mental illness. I mean, nobody has ever overcome their fears or panic in the history of mankind, so I guess PTSD is just the criticism-proof albatross you have to wear around your neck. You're such an hero for putting up with your burden instead of trying to get better, if only we could all be as selflessly free from personal liability of self as you.

You inspire me.
>>
>>8687709
Just leave early and dress at your destination, duh.
>>
>>8688167
I don't even know what to say to this.
I was letting you know there are medical reasons for that other person's problems. Why does that bother you?
>>
This is %100 the wrong place to ask about this but any gulls on ADD/ADHD medication?
My psychiatrist want me to start and I'm very nervous at the thought of it with the whole longevity vs quality thing. I tried looking at med forums/support groups but it was all very overwhelming.
>>
>>8686608
haha this. so. much.
>>
> Trans
> Parents don't know and will be extremely pissed off when they find out
> Pick out haircut that is short but somewhat feminine so my parents won't give me problems
> Girl at salon goes shorter than targeted
> I look like a grade school boy
> I'm ecstatic but my parents are gonna give me all their "what are you, a dyke?" bullshit
>>
>in a relationship for 4 years
>super in love with this guy and his entire family
>planning to move in together
>Find out he's been fucking my best friend
>They're going to comic con together
Part of me hates them so much I can't bare to go because it's such a small con and It's inevitable that I'll run into them. But at the same time I've been working on my coordinate for so long and I want to buy all the star wars shit.
>>
>>8688257
crazymeds.com is my favorite resource.

>>8688508
>bare
*bear

that sucks so hard. do you have a friend you can go with?
>>
>>8688508
Tell his family. I know my mother would probably disown me if she found out from my partner that I was cheating on her.
>>
>>8688154
Thanks for the advice, anon. I make cosplay themed accessories. A lot of people make tons of flavor of the month anime stuff but my tastes run more old school. It's an advantage in that it appeals to an older generation that actually has expendable income, but it'll take longer to start selling them since I can't exactly hop on new-school anime bandwagons. In addition to Tumblr maybe I can find some other social media sites that use tags and get some exposure that way.
>>
>had a fall out with my best lolita friend a year back because she was difficult with giving money back I loaned her
>see her posting a comment in an event I'm really looking forward to
>cringe at her weeb comment
>mfw still salty af over the whole ordeal and loathing having to see her face again
>>
>>8688508
Wow anon, that sucks majorly. I hoped you kicked both of their asses out of your life. Maybe you could go with a friend? Just ignore them if you see them. Don't even look their way, you're miles above them. Don't let them ruin your fun!
>>
>>8688257
I've been on several. Do you have questions?
>>
>>8688515
>>8688523
>>8688583
Thanks you guys. I actually did tell his mom immediately after I found out. I wanted her to know the real reason why I wasn't coming over to visit anymore. She was super understanding about it. And yes, both of them were instantly cut out of my life. I blocked them on every form of social media and changed my number. I might see if a classmate would come with me. Other than that, I just hope the sight of them doesn't throw off my con experience. We only get like 3 a year.
>>
>>8688670
Bit harsh to cut off all contact with the guy.

Try to be forgiving for once.
>>
>>8688670
sounds like a good plan.

also ignore the bait please.
>>
>>8688681
>Partner cheats on anon with best friend
>Bit harsh

my sides, oh my.
>>
>>8688689
Sex is just sex.

He should let her fuck a guy with a bigger dick to even things out and then get back to dating.
>>
>>8688549
have a great time. living well is the best revenge.
>>
>>8687922
Now I want to know who the artist is. Gimme deets anon.
>>
File: floccinaucinuhilplificationa.jpg (46 KB, 281x239) Image search: [Google]
floccinaucinuhilplificationa.jpg
46 KB, 281x239
>go to fanmeet run by 'cosplayfamous' person
>chat with some other cosplayers
>suddenly photographer starts to order everyone to group up by parts of the game
>follow those you belong to
>suddenly photog looks at you and goes 'not you though'
>asks you and two others to leave
>ok.jpg
>start walk of shame away from the group with the other two
>suddenly cosplayfamous person turns around and chimes 'your costumes are amazing though!' after us
>>
>>8688697
thanks anon, gonna do.
>>
>have been busting my ass working and going to school full time
>not a lot of time for friends, barely even online
>dealing with high fucking anxiety and going to therapy
>life is hell
>but there's a huge con coming up and I get to wear new coords I've been working on
>trying to finish everything in time
>so close, feels good
>all of a sudden old roommate hits me up
>"can I borrow a wig of yours for this outfit of mine for con?"
>lived with this guy for six months and he was a total pig, didn't take care of his own stuff let alone mine
>"uh I really don't think so, sorry..."
>"I'll take great care of it I proooomise"
>"no, should have bought a wig in advance like the rest of us" (but nicer, obviously)
>a week later, unfrends me on fb, unfollows me on tumblr without warning
>posting shit about how he's sick of being walked over because he's a nice person
>o-ok
There's been so much drama with this guy, especially when it comes to cons. He's just shitty and a manchild but he thinks he's a goodguy.jpg. I'm also thinking this is because he recently confessed to me and I turned him down. He said he was understanding of my life and anxiety and stuff, but maybe I didn't give him enough attention anyway. Whatever, fuck. I don't want to stress over anything else, I just want to enjoy this damn con.
/rant
>>
>>8688707
Hahha hahahahhahahah what the fuck.
>>
>>8688869
i would have laughed but humiliation 2 strong man
>>
>>8688515
Thanks!

>>8688626
Yes, thank you.
1. Why several?
2. Is it stimulant or non-stimulant?
3. Did it actually help you? (I have seen family members get worse because of medication but that was something antipsychotic)
>>
>>8688867
I hate when people take shit personally
>>
>>8688884
It took a while to find the right one for me dosage wise, some were too strong and some did absolutely nothing to me

It is indeed a stimulant in adults, but in kids, it settles them down

I see a drastic change when I take it. I can focus a million times better and I'm not moody or irritable. I lost weight drastically after I started on it, and haven't been able to gain weight since.

I recently stopped taking it in order to gain some weight, and I gained about 10 lbs in a few months. I have been taking it for about 10 years now and don't know how I could live without it to be completely honest. I rely on it so much
>>
>>8688899
This is very reassuring to hear and I'm going to assume that a lot of the bad experiences I have read about are from people who have been misdiagnosed since it seems to happen quite a bit.
>>
>>8688967
I have yet to have anything horrible happen from it. I just get irritable when I accidentally run out or am running late and forget to take it
>>
>>8688867
ew.you dont need that in your life
>>
>>8688163
us sucks
>>
>On 7th month of Accutane treatment, derm has lowered my dose to ween my off
>Feeling way better about my skin than I have in over a year
>Mom always ruins this by making shitty comments about my skin or looks
>"I wish your derm had kept you on the 80mg your skin just looks so awful"
>"Anon, your hair is horrible why is it so long, you need to get it cut"
>"*sigh* It's just unfortunate you have such a big nose, your sister has such a nice one."
>Instantly feel like shit and depression gets worse
>Scoffs at the thought that I could be depressed. "What do you have to be anxious about, anon? You don't do anything or have any friends."

Like...I'm trying so hard to get my life back together, but every time I build myself up she always manages to say something and it makes me hate myself even more. I've tried talking to her about it all throughout being a teenager and as an adult, but you canot disagree with her or argue or she loses her shit. She's so controling and polices how me and my sister look. She's obsessed with us having a certain length of hair, which is why I've grown mine out. It's pretty much the only thing I can do to "rebel" even though I'm long past having that teenage rebelion phase. I feel so guilty because my parents have been good to me, but I'm starting to guess that a lot of my underlying issues regarding my selfworth have to do with all these digs she makes at my looks on a daily basis...
Is it wrong that I was happiest when I was away at college? That was the first time I could choose what I wore for myself and what clothes I could buy, and I had never been allowed to just hang out with friends whenever I wanted before. Coming home feels like I stepped back in time to high school, and it's just so unsettling to realize how unhappy I was before college. I'm sorry for ranting, I just don't know how to feel.
>>
>>8689029
>Is it wrong that I was happiest when I was away at college?

i am heartbroken that you would even ask this.

your mother is toxic. you will begin to recover when you are away from her and can safely acknowledge all the ways she has worked to sabotage you for her narcissistic needs. save whatever money you can for your eventual escape and see if you have access to nearby counseling in the meantime.

she has had all your life to learn how to nurture your growth as a person, but instead chooses to push you down and spit bile into your mouth. you get to detox when you are at college, but as long as she is near you she will be throwing toxicity into your system. a lifetime of that compromises your mental immune system, metaphorically speaking, but also wreaks havoc on your physiology. so put your energy into building boundaries for yourself while you plot your escape.
>>
>>8689029
Your mom sounds like a typical narcissist, anon. Unfortunately, it's often completely impossible to reach through to people like that, because they're basically incapable of ever thinking they might be in the wrong. Focus on moving out as soon as possible, you'll feel so much better when she's out of your life and you don't have to depend on her or see her when you don't want to. Also remember that you don't have to keep toxic people like that in your life, even if they're a close family member. Don't be afraid to cut them out if you'll feel better. Society tells you that you can never do that to your parents, but fuck that, if they're horrible narcissist you don't need that in your life.
Check out the subreddit /r/raisedbynarcissists if you need to vent or talk to people in similar situations. I wish you all the best, remember that it does get better when you've moved out. Take care.
>>
>>8689029
dump your mother
pack up everything and leave
live out of your car or crash on a couch if you have to
get the fuck away from her NOW
and if she asks why tell her to her face that she insults you and makes you feel like shit
>>
File: 1449738988128.jpg (179 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
1449738988128.jpg
179 KB, 500x710
>graduated in June with a masters
>applying for jobs in my profession
>get rejection emails a couple of days later after applying
>ask them why
>tell me the resume and cover letter match what they're looking for, but moving forward with different candidates
>see my cohorts' statuses getting jobs and enjoy upward mobility
>get in touch with my endorsements to see what is up
>"Well Anon, you've alienated your profession in the past. It'll be next to impossible to get a job in this profession with your shyness and social awkwardness. Try another profession."
>"Ok..."
>mfw I haven't thought of a second option
>mfw I don't have a job, I don't have money coming in, thus I don't want to spend my money on lolita

I feel like Hooper Humperdink right now. Still unemployed. I don't want to celebrate the holidays and instead travel to Japan for Christmas/New Year's and spend money on lolita. I know it's contradictory, but I want be pretty. The worst is that none of my friends are going to Japan for the holidays and I'm alone like a homeless guy at Yogoyi Park.
>>
>>8689029
>I feel so guilty because my parents have been good to me, but I'm starting to guess that a lot of my underlying issues regarding my selfworth have to do with all these digs she makes at my looks on a daily basis...

I feel you so much, gull. I'm working a lot in my selfsteem (lolita/jfashion and losing weight helped me a lot), but I'm still living with them, and god, sometimes they put me back in my 15.

>but anon, that's not FASHIONABLE
(luckyly I'm feeling good now and I can't remember other things they said, kek)

Be strong, it's a huge step that you're figuring it, just be yourself, you're an adult now, and she has no right to interfere in your life choices.
>>
>>8689071
>>"Well Anon, you've alienated your profession in the past. It'll be next to impossible to get a job in this profession with your shyness and social awkwardness. Try another profession."

What do they mean by that?

I'm shy but I get by in my profession where you have to talk up a storm. What do you think you're lacking and how can you make up for it?
>>
>>8689043
no offence but you know nothing about her aside from that one post. stop internet diagnosing people, it's fucking annoying. 'narcissist' and 'sociopath' seem to be popular buzzwords nowadays and people are so quick to jump to conclusions.
Controlling does not necessarily imply narcissistic.
>>
>>8689042
>>8689043
>>8689046
>>8689072

Thank you, I'm going to check out that subreddit. I didn't realize this was a thing? Like, I just assumed I was nitpicking what my mother says to me. I don't understand why I"m so unhappy with my life and myself when all of my friends always seem so confident and able to just do things. Just buying things for myself because I like how I look in it felt like a huge step for me, while my friends all have styles and looks that fit their personalities.
I'm so scared to take the steps needed to start a career even though I've planned out what needs to be done. I just don't feel like I'm good enough or deserve to be happy. I don't understand why my mom has to constantly comment on my skin and such. I just want my family to be happy and I really miss my school friends, but I've been home for so long and I just feel so isolated from everyone. I miss college, but it feels like everyone's moved on without me.
>>
>>8689074
When I studied for my masters, I kept to myself and to be left alone most of the time. I also acted rather rudely when I professionally networked with people. I can't change my social trait of being a catty bitch; that's who I am. Being a lolita has made me an even worse of a catty bitch.

tl;dr I've been told to GTFO out of the profession.
>>
>>8689090
It doesn't necessarily have to mean that your mother is narcissistic (because lbr, she probably isn't), just controlling. Think overzealous cultist parenting. However, that's still not a good thing and I do agree that you should move away ASAP.

I've got a similar problem, my mom has always been controlling my life. When I finally moved away I was so scared because I had to think for myself without anyone to rely on. At first I went into sensory overload, I was hyper-aware of every little flaw and even if my friend told me I had a crumb on my cheek I'd panic and feel ashamed. I always wondered what others thought of me and then asked myself why I had no friends - there must've been something wrong with me, right? Turns out there was, I was so self-conscious that I started restraining myself socially, which made people think I'm trying to avoid them and don't want to talk to them.

Eventually you'll get sick of living in fear and realize you can't please everyone, and if you're living for others, well, that's not a good way to live. Really look around: most people you know probably have something wrong with their hair/mannerisms/habits that you notice but don't really care about because your overall image of them is positive. Your friends have styles that fit their personalities probably because they don't care about trying to appear fashionable and only/mostly wear the stuff they like.

Someone somewhere is gonna talk shit about you. I guarantee it. No point trying to explain yourself and strain yourself to please them. Remember that people don't know everything and that most things they say is largely their personal opinion rather than cold hard facts.

1/2
>>
>>8689115
2/2

It's okay not to be happy with yourself every once in a while, but only as long as you accept yourself for who you are. If you try to be someone you're not, you're not gonna enjoy whom you end up with.

I suggest staying away from that subreddit, because it's been suggested to me before as well and all it is is a cesspit of whiners and complainers ranting about their family drama, which I don't think you need right more of right now. Instead try to immerse yourself in a book or some costume drama, browse pinterest, do a couple of fun color theory quizzes. If there's a subreddit you should visit it would probably be skincareaddiction, but don't go full nutcase and completely avoid the sun like they do.

Lastly, know this: It's gonna take a while for things to change for the better. Surround yourself with positive people. Get away from 4chan. Go bowling or something. Talk to someone.

I'm still struggling with similar things myself, but it's exponentially better compared to 3 years ago when I was at my lowest.
>>
File: img.jpg (11 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
11 KB, 261x192
>Desperately hunting for dream dress after I went full retard on an auction
>Only one sale, scalped price
>Other colourways everywhere, but super unappealing
>Tumblr tag as a last resort to see if anyone's selling
>Ita coords everywhere
>Mfw
>>
>purchase something from someone
>PM them a few days later about shipping
>It's been several days, it says that they've seen it but still haven't answered
They have great feedback and everything. Should I just keep waiting?
>>
>>8689115
>>8689122
Thank you, I skimmed through the reddit and it doesn't really sound like my mom. She's not purposefully mean or spiteful, she is just very controlling and kind of emotionally absent. I know she loves me, but it's just how she is but sometimes it gets overwhelming. I don't think she'd ever do anything out of spite, she just says things without thinking.

I'm so sorry about what you went through, I don't want anyone to have to feel like I do. I'm really glad you're doing better! I'm going to try and be more like you, and be more courageous about things. It's just very hard to get back in the swing of things since I've been checked out for so long. I had a friend send me some episodes of some show called "Miraculous Ladybug" the other day, and it looks cute so I think I'll take your advice and just spend the rest of my night watching that.

Thank you so much, anon. You're really kind.
>>
>>8689092
>I can't change my social trait of being a catty bitch
That's completely, 100% BS and you know it. It's easier to say "hurr BUT THAT'S THE WAY I AM" than to actually change, even superficially.
>>
>watching friend's prop progress
>uses expanding foam to fill in cracks
>looks great
>covers the whole thing in plastidip without shaving foam down
>think "oh boy, that'll make the foam hard to cut, he didn't think this through"
>think it's weird he doesn't mention the error
>announces the prop's ready for the con
>he never fucking shaved the foam down
>bubbly nightmare mess ruining an otherwise pretty good prop

I don't understand. I just don't. Why? Why the hell would they do this?

>tfw want to ask, but will be inevitably treated like an asshole if I do
>>
>>8689092

Sorry to say, but even if you do change to another field, you will have to change the way you act. Being an openly catty bitch is not conducive to being a productive member of society.

Even if you are a mortician, you will still have to get along with other mortician and your clients. It's much easier to share information and y'know, get clients that way.
>>
>go to work
>go to school
>take care of kids
>help out disabled husband
>take care of nephew, sister is single mum
>make Halloween costume for one kid, wants to be Chica from FNAF so there's nothing storebought available, but she's loving my progress so far
>trying to take care of my managerial responsibilities at work as well, small business and I'm head chef so I'm trying to work on some artistic Halloween specials (basic Halloween specials I've already set up)
>house is a mess and I'm trying to get it organized before Halloween
>costumes are mandatory at work this week, having a lot of stupid issues popping up with mine
>really bad Lupus flareup made me be out of class for about 2.5 weeks, have been trying to get everything made up
>got regular sick right after that
>missed class due to husband's disability lawsuit mediation
>try to be everything for everyone all the time, nobody seems to give a fuck about my struggles
I called out of work today even though I've screwed over 3+ people in the process because the pressure has gotten to be too much. I gave in and drank a lot. I'm an embarrassment. I need to maintain a 3.6+ GPA to end up where I want, and I have that stupid B last semester from when my cousin overdosed and died and it messed me up for awhile, and now I'm worried I'll get more non-As on my GPA and I can't afford it with how I screwed up my first attempt at college because of my depression. I HAVE to keep it together, but I just can't seem to. I shouldn't have called out of work, especially since my lupus makes anything other than part time work impossible for me and I have to provide for my family, but I can't. I've been drinking whiskey straight from the bottle and I took one of my leftover percocets from my most recent hospital visit that I still need to pay the bill for. So much to do. I have to keep it together.
>>
>>8689092
Unless you think you're ruled by emotions as opposed to logic, you can suppress your "catty bitch" social trait. You may not be able to change it, but if you can complete a master's degree you should be smart enough to figure out how you're supposed to act even if it feels unnatural to you.
>>
>>8689201
Keep fighting, anon. You are incredibly productive and I respect the shit out of you. It's hard as fuck and shitty as all hell always pushing yourself to the brink like that. Sending hugs.
>>
>>8689201
holy shit. talk to your prof if you have trouble because of all this. most profs will give an extension on things if you have a lot of bad stuff going on.
>>
>>8689201
Shit, and here I am feeling worn down by having one baby. I feel pretty inferior. Hang in there. Hope you have a good support network.
>>
>>8686465
Hope you see this. If you haven't already, look into Glaxo Smith Kline's bridges to access program (bridgestoaccess.com). I used it for years in school to get my Lamictal. They provide the Lamictal for free and pay for shipping from a pharmacy so you don't even need transportation to pick it up. I think you need a social worker to enroll you but you don't need an actual case worker, if you have a community center nearby they sometimes have social workers stop by.
>>
>>8689243
It makes me so sad to see people struggling to be healthy because things are too expensive and they can't get help. The entire healthcare/prescription drug system is a complete horrifying joke. I hate going to the doctor for this reason; it's basically impossible to get any kind of medication anymore without paying $100s-$1000s. I'm skipping a medication myself because a script costs over $1000/mo. It's ridiculous.

I looked into that Obamacare site and that was a joke, unfortunately, too. The most minimal coverage costs 3x what I pay now, and that's after work doubled our healthcare premiums. I'm about to get my hours cut because work is lowering the minimum hours required for health insurance. So I can't afford rent on top of all of this, lol. What happened? I thought healthcare was supposed to be "more affordable/accessible"? Sucks to be poor, I guess.
>>
>>8689265
>it's basically impossible to get any kind of medication anymore without paying $100s-$1000s

This makes me even happier to be Australian. As I am on low income/student, I only pay $6.15 for pretty much every prescription. Sorry that you've been so screwed over.
>>
>>8689092
You will never find a job other than working in fast food or customer service then with that attitude and refuse to change.

You need to learn to change your attitude when it's important for you to do so. Networking, interviewing, anything involving jobs and work, yeah you need to put on an act. Many people have a work them, then a non-work them. It's not that hard to control yourself and what you say/do when you need to.
>>
>person I hate for various reason posts on social media
>"Can't wait for my lolita dress to arrive~!"
>Know she can't dress for shit normally
>Excited to see what her "lolita" consists of so I can rip the piss out of her and laugh with lolita friends about it

I am an awful person, but it's hilarious to see her hop onto trends and get butthurt when she gets called out.
>>
>stressful day at work
>basically I'm left picking up someone else's slack
>and my boss is in a crabby mood
>making phone calls until about 8 pm
>finally wrap things up but I feel like shit
>go home, eat dinner, take a shower
>break out the dr. pepper and swedish fish
>put on headphones, play some music
>drawing whatever the fuck I feel like
>browsing 4chan at intervals
>wow this is like high school
>this shit still cheers me up
>>
>>8689142
Ugh I'm in the same boat. I am super paranoid about getting bad feedback myself so I'm afraid to be too pushy
>>
>>8689282
To be fair there are a ton of standard meds that are <$10 at pretty much all pharmacies with or without insurance. Unfortunately GSK still has exclusivity on lamictal until 2018 so no cheap generics.
>>
>>8689265
Agreed the whole people having to choose between necessary meds and food/rent thing is abominable.
>>
>>8688169
This person probably has Blood-Injury-Injection Phobia or some kind of OCD, not PTSD. Look into someone who specializes in exposure therapy.
>>
>>8688899
To add to this, make sure they follow the addage of 'start low, go slow.' You want to be on the lowest dose and gradually have them increase if it doesn't work.

I used to take Strattera as I can't be on a stimulant in the job I have. They started me out at 80mg and it suppressed my appetite so badly that I was physically unable to eat. Also- constant goosebumps. Constant.
>>
>>8689284
Anon won't even get far in fast food with an attitude like that.

I'm a terrible person. A giant, raging cunt. But I enjoy a lot of professional success because I tuck it away until I'm at home. Learn to swallow it.
>>
>>8687709
Hello fellow South Jersey, seagull.
>>
>>8689201
Uh, no offense but you should have had your kid make their own costume. It would have been easier for you and a learning experience for her. If she's old enough to play FNAF she's old enough to make her own costume.
>>
File: 1442200282892.png (63 KB, 578x547) Image search: [Google]
1442200282892.png
63 KB, 578x547
>be in texas
>have entire halloween coord ready
>first halloween coord, so excited
>excited to go to a halloween fair event on the 25th with my SO
>jk storms from the hurricane come and the event is canceled and not rescheduled
>"..o-oh...okay...at least there's another event on the 30th, and i still have halloween day"
>look at weather
>60% chance of rain both days
>mfw

goddamnit, halloween is my favorite holiday, and this is the first year i've ever wanted to go to an actual event, especially with my SO, and it just gets fucked in the ass

i'm so sad.
>>
>Moved back to Japan to teach English because I loved it here when I worked here 3 years ago
>Last time I was here had a great social group, used to travel to Tokyo once or twice a month, enjoyed dressing up, parties, the works
>Placed in some shitty rural town in the arse end of nowhere
>Am the only teacher in my entire city, with one elderly Japanese lady as the administrative staff
>Not allowed to join any social clubs/gyms because I have tattoos
>Absolutely no social contact or support of any form outside of work

Been here nearly 2 months now, already missing home massively. Think I'll try and make it until 6 months so that I can leave without any penalties, and head back home.

I was hoping to head to Tokyo to dress up for halloween, but I've been told I need to work, and work late having a "party/lesson" with 15 children therefore no time to do anything after work also.

[spoiler]I'm quite lonely.[/spoiler]
>>
>mentally ill
>drops out of school because of it
>since i left early i cant drive either
>very shy,little to no social life.cant network.
>cant even get entry level job
>cant get GED they switched to CC standards and i dont know that shit.got math and science hanging over my head.
>places never call me back, they dont want me, or they tell me to "go online" (bs) guess im too shy for them, is it my weird name? im pretty sure its not cause im black, black ppl get jobs all the time. is it because..? well no, im not fat anymore so idk.
mfw i have no job no car, cant afford anything im a looser.
idk why my fiance loves me. he is so successful....
do you gulls think i should change my name on apps? is it legal to do so?
>>
>>8689389
No, that's not legal. Are there any sort of night courses or online tutoring you can take that will help you study to get your GED? Because honestly, no one will hire you over highschool age without one.
>>
>>8689398
okay. all i can do is try again.
>>
> Best friend suffered from BPD and got into a huge benzo addiction
> He used to cut and attempted suicide multiple times
> I live oceans away but we always kept in touch for comfort and support
> He died last week and I found out through a family member
> Other friends are telling me "You're 26, stop crying. Everybody dies at some point."
> Get told that I deserve no comfort for my grief because I was too busy to write a sympathy comment on FB when someone's relative died (and the post got shadowed by other things)
> I hate that these people throw love and support when people break up a relationship but I get absolutely nothing when someone really close to me dies
>>
>ride the bus every day to work
>started working there about two weeks ago
>work place is right by an elementary school
>bus is filled with kids
>usually loud and hectic but I don't really mind
>girl comes up to me one day and sits with me
>tells me how her name is Tamera and how she's nine and talks to me about what ever nine year olds talk about
>becomes friends with her
>she cries one day after another kid sat next to me
>I draw her pictures every once in a while of whatever she wants (my little pony, turtles, lady gaga, etc)
>time goes on and we get to know each other more
>one day she gives me a letter with a drawing in it
>she explains how hard she had worked on it, even though it just looks like little kid doodles
>time progresses to earlier this week
>asks her what she's doing for halloween
>says shes not doing anything because her parents can't buy her a costume
>realized that she has been wearing the same clothes on friday when it's monday now
>her jacket is covered in dirt stains and her face is slightly dirty
>never realized it until now
>rushes today to walmart to pick her up a princess costume
>not sure if this is an okay thing to do or not

Not entirely cgl related but I really needed to get that off my chest. The costume was around 15$ and is like pic related. I don't know if this is an okay thing to do or if that makes me come off as creepy. I just want her to have a good Halloween and not feel like she's different from the other kids. She also wanted to be Elsa but they were all out of Elsa in her size so I got her Cinderella instead. Really hoping she's ok with that.
>>
>>8689444
Anon that is so sweet. Please update us with her reaction. i think it's an ok thing to do, absolutely.
>>
>>8688879
I'm sorry I should have specified. In your situation I honestly would have been too stunned to react much TBH it's just so fucked and? Petty? I guess that I don't even know what to say. Make sure to tell anyone who asks about them how much of an asshole they all are though.
>>
>>8689444
Oh no anon, you're a fucking angel. You have absolutely no idea what will mean to that little girl and her parents.

Now I'm crying on a bus jesus christ.
>>
>>8689337
Ah true. I was more just giving first hand what I know to say "it's not always like that" but working up to it slowly is the way to heal these fears!
>>
File: faith-in-humanity-restored-010.jpg (31 KB, 609x700) Image search: [Google]
faith-in-humanity-restored-010.jpg
31 KB, 609x700
>>8689444
>>
>>8689444
Right on anon, I'm fucking sobbing at work

Bless you
>>
>>8688670
It sounds so easy and harder to do in reality, but as the anon with the ex stalker, ignoring them is your best option. And if they try anything don't hesitate to go to security or a con vollie to help out. I was lucky to have a friend working at a stall and threaten the cops being called on them when they went to her to report on me "being a bitch" by ignoring them.
>>
>>8689382
That sucks anon, like going to a restaurant that had good food and come back to shitty food

Best of luck
>>
>>8686492
So what exactly is the issue? Pregnant but angry you've got nobody to foot the child support bills? Sad because you want to but someone in jail for rape but can't?
>>
>>8689214
>>8689215
>>8689227
Thanks. I've gotten extensions from my professors, but I feel like I'm taking longer than I should (one gave me an open-ended extension and another gave me another week and then I was sick and missed that class so I'm not sure how that's going to play out, I'm up to date in the rest of my classes) and there's a lot of pressure there.
>>8689370
We did the first parts together while I gave her a rundown of how things work. She's handling the embroidery, but I can't let her wear a costume that could fall apart like many of babby's first costumes do and there's no way she could grasp drafting a pattern by herself yet, so there are certain parts she shouldn't handle. I'm wary of letting projects out of my hands because last time I got help on something I was doing because I was trying to teach someone (my husband) they couldn't even cut the strips for the ruffles even remotely evenly.
>>
>>8686492
lol whore
>>
>>8685139
Something that lots of people were interested in but kept flaking on. Probably has something to do with that fact that it's not super rare, just popular/coveted.

>>8685145
I got rid of it finally, at way below the value it goes for on the Western market but eh.

Update on the asshole eBay buyer: They finally shut the dispute but left me negative feedback saying that I took a long time to ship and have no communication. Bitch, I took 5 days and I replied to all your messages. I wish I could leave negative feedback for buyers, it's rubbish that you can't.
>>
>>8686492
It's already happened, so right now just do what you need to do: get a pregnancy test (it's fast and cheap, Daiso even stocks some), and get yourself tested for STDs.
>>
>get JSK I've been wanting for a while
>try it on
>have to struggle to zip it up
>what
>double check measurements on lolibrary
>Bust: 88~98 cm (34.65~38.58in)
>Waist: 66~75cm (25.98~29.53in)
>double check my measurements
>B: 90cm including blouse
>W: 69cm including blouse
>?????

What the fuck? This is the second time this has happened to me, too. I SHOULD be within the measurements - well within them, even - but I'm terrified of popping the zipper getting it up.
>>
>>8689626
maybe it's the bodice. it could be too short on you or your ribcage is larger than average. or the previous owner took in the dress without letting you know (if you bought it second hand)
>>
>>8689626
It could be the waist gathering, I've had the same thing happen to me (especially with invisible zippers) and I've either needed help, or to take my arms out (of a jsk), turn it around the front and zip it past the gather, then put it back on properly and zip the rest.
>>
>>8689628
My ribcage is pretty small - like 71 cm - so theoretically it should be fine, and the seller said she purchased it new and then never wore it so I don't believe it's been altered.

Just, dammit, I want to wear these dresses.
>>
>>8689626
Is it IW? They are always much smaller than whats listed. I just put the dress over my head and pull it down that way instead of fighting with the zipper.
>>
>>8687630
Then stop for awhile. Don't spend the money if you don't feel comfortable, no one is forcing you.
>>
>>8689444
You're a good noodle. Her parents might think it's creepy(Why is that strange lady on the bus giving you free shit?!) but the girl will remember and appreciate it for the rest of her life.
>>
>>8689444
Thank you Anon, I just woke up and now I'm crying. You're a good person, keep it up. Thank you for helping her.
And I really would like to hear about the girl's reaction too!
>>
>want to stand up against SJW bullshit
>don't have time to fight with a bunch of teens thinking they're progressive

Last time I tried I ended up having some girl from Asia explaining to me why you can't be racist against white people. Using America-centric arguments.

I really want to make a stance but you just can't win against these people, no matter what you say, no matter how polite and rational you stay. It's a lost battle.
>>
>>8688707
>giving a fuck about photographs say
Ayyy
>>
>>8689345
Was on Starttera once. Can recommend it. Stopped using it before I started at my new work. All is good.
>>
>>8689417
What kind of shitty friends say shit like that? You're right to be sad after a close friend of yours died, they should be supportive instead of being so cold to you.
>>
>>8689775
>>8689775
Don't bother with them, they're not worth your time. I'm sure some of them will stop being mindless SJW by themselves with a bit more of personal experience or thanks to people explaining them why and how they're wrong most of the time. If anything you'll be even more pissed off after talking to one of them.
>>
>>8689417
At least you know what to tell them when their loved ones die. My condolences, anon.
>>
>Bf is really supportive of lolita.
>I mention that I'm looking for a really specific pair of lace-topped otks.
>He keeps linking me to really bad ebay cosplay socks.
>Really sweet of him that he's trying but if I can't find them he probably can't
>>
>>8688707
>says your costumes are amazing
>still lets you leave
I really hate people like that.
>>
File: 400.gif (232 KB, 317x182) Image search: [Google]
400.gif
232 KB, 317x182
>tfw friend is obviously upset
>try to encourage them to talk and not bottle things up
>they express their feelings then go on to say its not a big deal
>try to create a solution for them to feel better
>they reject any solutions offered
>>
>be lone lolita
>best friend loves the aesthetic, but has no money for it
>both be petite Asian girls with nearly the same measurements
>both into gothic
>lend her clothes, be kawaii together
>play horror games together decked in gothic

Feels good
>>
>>8690232
I've been there a lot too but I've learned:
A lot of the time, they just want to talk about it then tough it out. Don't take it personally, in fact, I wouldn't even offer advice unless they ask. Just let them know that you'll always be there for them.
>>
>>8690261
I'm jealous
>>
>>8689459
First guy who replied to the person who freaked out, then to you. That's sort of what I was getting at. I guess I laid it on pretty thick, but my point was that I'm getting really tired of this victim/martyr culture that is developing, especially as it concerns mental issues.

So many people are saying "oh, I have PTSD", or "oh, I have ADHD" or "oh, I have Asbergers" or "oh, I hate how I look, it must be gender dysphoria", and then assuming that because they can give their problems a name, /they don't have to change their problems/

It's quickly becoming the norm for people to never face their fears, their concerns, their worries. It's now the case that trying to convince people to do so labels you as insensitive to their "plight". In our quest to become understanding, we've instead become complacent and enabling.

I don't want to hear "I can't change because I have PTSD/OCD/ADHD/asbergers/am depressed/am trans (listed because while it's an accepted lifestyle, a lot of younger people assume that generalized self-hatred or poor body image means they must actually be the other gender, that explains everything)"

If there is something about you you don't like, you can change it. I don't want to hear "I can't" change. " You can, it's just hard. Everything worth doing is worth working hard for.

Your mind has impossible amounts of control over itself and your body. If a Tibetan Monk can overcome and keep composure through literally BURNING ALIVE, you can overcome any problem that faces you.

Be filled with determination.
>>
>>8690267
This. 99% of the time when I need to vent I already know what the solution is, how to fix it, or what I should do, I just need to talk about the problem to be able to deal with it. If they straight-up ask for advice then ignore it, fair enough. But 99% of the time all they want is to be listened to. There's an episode of Parks & Rec that explains this perfectly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.