[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: trigger.png (257 KB, 320x583) Image search: [Google]
trigger.png
257 KB, 320x583
old one saging slowly >>8893475

Post your feels. Sad, angry, happy, or otherwise.
>please keep them /cgl/ related
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 460x282
>get interested in new jfash styles all the time
>not nearly enough disposable income to explore all these styles
>>
File: nana.png (261 KB, 471x468) Image search: [Google]
nana.png
261 KB, 471x468
Recently I've lost a lot of interest in lolita. I used to get so excited about it but I feel the novelty has worn off. I still go to meet ups if I can and they are fun, but I'm just not as... pumped up about it? I still appreciate the fashion but I just don't wear it that much since I rarely leave my house.

What are some ways seagulls suggest to rekindle your frilly love? I'm thinking of maybe working on some accessories to go with outfits of mine will spice things up.

>I notice I've really lost interest when I see my top most wishlisted dress go up for sale
>reasonable price, have money to afford it
>thinking of not buying it just to save money
>what have a become
>>
>>8905471
it's called the passage of time, anon. it happens to all of us.
>>
>majority of my favorite characters from anime/games are female
>want to cosplay them
>6' male
>not qt enough to make a good grill
Suffering. I've got a decent enough figure for cosplaying women, but not the face. I know I should just cosplay them anyway, but I can't help but feel discouraged from doing so when I think about it. At least a few are tomboys, I don't feel quite so bad about those.
>>
>>8905483

Cosplay women who wear masks...?
>>
>>8905484
That would be great, except none of them wear masks. Choosing to cosplay X character JUST because they wear a mask rather than because you actually like them kind of defeats the point of cosplaying your favorites, you know?
>>
File: image_5.jpg (577 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
577 KB, 800x900
>>8905465
>tfw got all the money, but to fat to look good in them
>>
>>8905471

Honestly it mostly sounds like you're just getting over your beginner's enthusiasm and starting to settle down. If you still like lolita, just scale back all your activities, find your lolita groove and continue with the fashion. eg, if you still like meetups, continue attending them. If you don't like looking for dresses anymore, stop doing that. At least by now you know what you like and don't like about the fashion, continue doing what you like and don't bother with the things you know you don't like.

I've had wishlisted dresses that slowly lost their place from my wishlist. Sometimes I do see one go up for sale and decide not to buy it. When that happens, I just delete it off my list (or move it further down to the "convenience" list (ie-prints I'd buy if below $70)). I've also had old wishlist dresses that I've bought and eventually I just don't love them as much anymore, some I've even sold off. It's no big deal, people fall in and out of love all the time, lolitas fall in and out of love with dresses too.

As an aside, lolita doesn't have to rule your life. It's a hobby, not an identity, subculture notwithstanding. If you fall entirely out of love with lolita, it's totally okay to sell off everything, keep only memories and photos of your "lolita phase", then move on to whatever you want to do next.
>>
>>8905492

Thank you so much for the helpful advice anon. There are only 3 dresses left that I absolutely adore and want in my wardrobe. They aren't particularly rare expensive ones either so it's just a matter of them popping up to grab them to complete my sweet wardrobe.

Its definitely weird and different to slow down on dress buying/hunting. Its something I'll have to adjust to. Again thank you so much, your response was really helpful for me !
>>
File: tumblr_n9yca27lHK1tnvnbho1_500.png (214 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9yca27lHK1tnvnbho1_500.png
214 KB, 500x374
>>8905461
>tfw always avoided getting involved in the cosplay community because of drama
>tfw get involved with a cosplayer and I was right, here comes the drama!
>some girl i don't even know is making passive aggressive facebook statuses about me

o-ok then
I guess I'm just going to ignore it
>>
File: tipping.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tipping.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>8905483
Don't let your dreams be dreams. I weight about 400lb I will cosplay with you, I have a neckband and a Fedora everytime you pose I will tip my fedora to encourage you.
>>
>>8905461
>tfw i caved and began watching Filthy Frank recently and then come to /cgl/ and see this lolified reaction image

OP did you make that?
>>
File: 1446546841236.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446546841236.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who play the violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, piano, keyboard, harp, sax, trumpet, trombone, banjo, kazoo, ukelele, drums, guitar, erhu, accordion, or concertina
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who sing, particularly in falsetto or vibrato
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can DJ or use sound synthesis programs
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who may not be able to play music for any variety of reasons but I'm sure have good music taste anyway

You are the best. Just letting you know.
>>
>>8905554
how did this copypasta get started?
>>
>>8905554
... are you going to post this in every feels?
>>
>>8904172
I mean yeah if you're a mod of /r/tsunderesharks it might not be very compelling but I'm a mod and active participant in a sub related to a possible future line of work.

>>8905471
I kinda feel you, I'm putting off ordering accessories and shoes and blouses and shit because I feel like there's no point in me wearing in dresses, everyone else'll be cuter anyway

>>8905554
you're cute and this is the kind of copypasta this board needs, but does not deserve
>>
>>8905558

I genuinely like people in lolita fashion playing instruments. It started small like complimenting lolita's who played the violin because it was an instrument which fit the lolita aesthetic and I wanted to encourage, well, people to mix music and the fashion together. The first time I posted it though a bunch of people piped in with their own instruments going 'what about me?' and I felt bad leaving them out so I added their instrument to the pasta.

Everytime I post it a lolita goes 'but what about [x instrument]?' and it makes me feel like shit that there's a massive list of instruments and I forgot theirs. So I add theirs in and post it again hoping that this time I really have included everyone. Of course, I never manage to. So I guilt trip myself into doing it again.

It's spiralled out of control desu.

Although I do love playing my violin in my gothic coords. There's something so elegant about it.
>>
>Anxious piece of shit since forever
>people won't add me because I got in with the wrong crowd and they got pissed when I cut them off
>I don't want friends who believe anything they hear, but it still hurts that I'm not even given a chance and get glares at cons
I just want more friends but I'm too anxious to even clear up things I'm not even sure they heard. Even then, a lot people wouldn't listen anyway.
>>
File: 1452412320688.png (43 KB, 225x284) Image search: [Google]
1452412320688.png
43 KB, 225x284
>fat fuck
>want to cosplay but having a hard time not binge eating out of stress
>some shit happened in my life
>don't eat half the time anymore because I don't feel like it, let alone binge eating.

Well my life has gone to shit but at least I'm finally losing weight. I'll get there and then I can finally cosplay my favorite 2D idols.

>>8905554
>tfw wasn't able to learn to play anything because my parents couldn't afford lessons

I've always wanted to play the violin
>>
There is a girl in my community that has a violent amount of hate for me. All because I have her dream dress, even though I've only spoken to her once in person. It's pretty funny.
>>
>>8905554
It's not some secret club you could learn yourself as well. Bless the internet for having such limitless information.
>>
>>8905564
thank you for the explanation
>>
>>8905497

No worries anon.

If it helps, you definitely needed to slow down on dress buying/hunting anyway. One, you'd run out of closet space and become a hoarder if you keep buying relentlessly, and two, if you're relying on buying things to feel high about lolita, then you're turning into a shopoholic, which comes with money and impulse-buy problems. So this is actually a pretty healthy development. Slow down, take things easy and take time to find other things to enjoy.
>>
>>8905572

What is up with that? I had a girl in my comm tell me she hates me since I had a new released dress and was like "How much money do you HAVE anyways?"
>>
>>8905567
Anon are you me

>date dramaloving cosplayer 4 years. she's rude and awful but was too scared to really stand up for anything. All her friends are my friends, everyone is catty as fuck
> we break up, I decide fuck it, I don't want to be a push over to her, anxious or not. Doesn't go well. She keeps a lot of my cosplay stuff. She calls animal services on 'animal cruelty' to harass me.
> she destroys any chance I have at making local friends by shit talking me constantly
> she tells tall tales to my roommates. They ask me to move out.
> 'friends' all drop me. people I spoke to once block me on social media after having spoken to ex.
> too scared to get in her face about it after that so i just... started going to cons in another country instead of dealing with her and her groupies doing the highschool point and snicker thing any time they seen me at cons

I've made some good quality friends now, but god, I wish I felt safer going to local cons.
>>
File: 2a5eq1h.jpg (44 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
2a5eq1h.jpg
44 KB, 960x540
> new bag in the mail
> excited, trying to make coords
> different shade than all the other items with the same color in my closet
>>
>>8905722
is it lavender?
>>
>>8905687
God anon that sucks. I used to go to school with people like that for 12 years and it really fucks you up in the long run. There's danger of eventually internalising the hate and actually starting to believe their accusations ('if everyone hates me, it must be my fault')

Get out of there anon, people like that are cancer
>>
File: tumblr_nep88w5g8F1r472txo1_400.jpg (65 KB, 353x305) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nep88w5g8F1r472txo1_400.jpg
65 KB, 353x305
>Be really into lolita when I was younger, circa 2007-2010
>Was in high school, couldn't afford it, moved onto cosplay after years of lurking /cgl/ after enjoying seeing others cosplay
>Decide to look up how much my favorite prints from back in the day go for now
>All under $200 for the color and cuts I adore
>mfw
>Looks like bb's gonna get her dream dresses
>>
>>8905767
Go for it, anon! Live your dreams!
>>
>>8905767

Right?!?! 2007 - 2010 is the golden age of lolita to me. I can appreciate all eras but its definitely a favorite.
I freaking love that time for AP and sweet prints, I love slowly collecting them and finishing off my dream wardrobe!!
I wish you luck anon !
>>
>>8905767
>>8905789
>tfw you just got the original release of Dream Sky

Go for it, anon, get those dream dresses!
>>
>Got really excited to up my cosplay game
>Found perfect character with a challenging design
>Got really into prepping
>Literally have so many notes on how to fix X challenge
>Entering the stage of having enough prepping to start working
>Haven't done shit
>Tried to get my enthusiasm up by making a simple cosplay
>All will be fine, you love this, you just need a breather
>Simple character was too obscure
>No one recognized me
>Now worrying that complicated character will have the same problem
>Why do I want to cosplay obscure characters?
>Too many sticks up ass to get into mainstream bullshit
>Feel empty inside
>Blame others and shove more sticks up ass
>Still haven't done shit on complicated cosplay
>>
>>8905841

if its because you are worried no one is going to recognize you irl and you feel your work will be "for nothing," try to get a good photoshoot done? I'm sure fans of the series will get a chance to see it online and give some validation
>not trying to come off snarky or anything, its totally understandable in a hobby like cosplaying to want to show off your work to fans of the same series.
>>
File: NLbAJpu.jpg (34 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
NLbAJpu.jpg
34 KB, 720x720
does anyone else have crippling social phobia?
how do you cope?
how do you handle conventions?
>>
>>8905853
Thank you for your support. I'd really love a photoshoot and it would make the whole thing a lot more rewarding.
But my main problem is just the soul suffocating procrastination.
The opportunity of validation is just another carrot, but I still am not moving.
>>
>>8905487
This is how I feel about being brown and being expected to cosplay brown characters. A lot of them, I really don't like, but I need to fit in with the group, and so I do. Makes me kind of salty that I'm making a costume for a character I don't care for.
>>
File: 1435092533622.png (96 KB, 226x219) Image search: [Google]
1435092533622.png
96 KB, 226x219
>All of my friends who were into anime when we were teens have grown out of it long ago
>They look back and "cringe" for being "weeaboos" while I find them to be extremely fond memories.
>We wern't even obnoxious weeaboos, we just liked anime and only talked about it within our circle of friends
>They often browse those weeabootales subreddits to laugh at them
>Still consuming anime all day

From 14 - 22 I've been watching chinese cartoons, but all of this is making me embarrassed for doing so and it it sorta sucks that I can't have a conversation in real life about what I'm watching. Not to mention it's making me not wanna cosplay either.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 485x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 485x191
I'm fucking livid. Iceberg chasing down my dream dress for months and today I'm about to ducking pull my hair out from shitty sellers.

>seagull directs me to her friend who is selling dream dress.
>message girl and girl wants a scalped price and she's throwing in OTKs that I don't care about.
>whatever I want the dress so I agree and figure I can sell the otks later.
>"lol anon you took too long to decide so I listed it on lace market and sold it to someone else"
>mfw I've been messaging on her for two hours on FB and have been quick to reply each time.
>fast forward to later February I see the dress on LM again at a high price but still one I'm willing to pay
>it comes with each the otks...
>low and behold the girl it was sold to by seller one is now selling it.
>figure it's meant for me and message asking about spiltting the otks and figure like before if not I'll get the whole set.
>no reply.
>til today. Pic related.

I hate everything. I just want Dolly Cat.
>>
>clothing portion of cosplay is almost completed.
>just need to cut out boob window
>fuck up boob window on almost finished garment

Its fixable, but I'm still really irritated. I could have been done last night if I haven't fucked it up.
>>
>>8905896
Which cut and colour are you looking for, anon? It's up all the time on the auction sites.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
How the hell do some of you manage to wear 6 costumes during the weekend?
>usually bring one for Friday and Saturday.
>Sunday I'm too fucking dead to even think about putting a wig on.
>>
>tfw I will never be a qt /cgl/ girls entertainment slave

why breath
>>
>>8905896
3 of the colors in 2 of the cuts are also on ebay, but scalper level prices too. Good news, No OTKs with it.
>>
File: fartstory.png (91 KB, 505x274) Image search: [Google]
fartstory.png
91 KB, 505x274
Saw this in the con story thread and thought it belonged here, even though it's about farting.

I used to have a cosplay gf, too. Once upon a time...
>>
The sleeve on my dolly cross OP just ripped. I have had it for less than a day.
I am going to end my life.
>>
>>8905687
Maybe. :< my problem is that I was abused as a kid so even though I don't want to be mistreated and have gotten help and moved on, I have difficulty with warning signs until my 'friends' are slandering me and screaming at me for not sewing their free commissions fast enough. I quit sewing for anyone period no matter how long I've known them because any time someone asked it always ended badly, even if it seemed a reasonable reason for needing help. People are fucked up and it honestly has made me ill worrying what these people say behind my back to protect their ego. My block list is so fucking long and I'm starting to leave the area for cons because it affects me so much. This is my vacation I really don't want someone I have NEVER met shoving me in crowds, people snickering behind my back. I dont want to feel like I'm on fucking trial for things I didn't do because I had the bad judgment to trust people I didn't know were off their rocker.
>>
>>8905943
People are crazy and have too many cosplans
>>
>>8905865
I do! Even better, I have severe, crippling, *untreated* social phobia/anxiety.

I have to pump myself up for cons the whole year. Usually, I can only handle going for one day. Once I onto got a few hours into Friday before I had a panic attack and had to go home.

My advice is to let someone that you're at the con with know about your problems. Make sure you can let them know if you need to go sit down away from the crowd or if you need to step out of the convention. If you're in a hotel room, ask if the people who are staying with you could let you have the room alone for 30 minutes of the day so you can recuperate. Try not to wear anything that will make you feel extra uncomfortable. Drink lots of water and avoid stimulants.

And lastly, please try to have a little bit of fun! I know cons are really hard. But I hope you can enjoy some of it.
>>
>>8905896
What cut/color do you want anon? I have the pink op and matching otks still hanging up unworn in my closet, I'd be happy to sell to another seagull if you're interested.
>>
>>8905572
wear it to every meetup

if you're not super attached to it then casually spill ketchup all over it the next time you see her
>>
There's a local cosplayer whom out of costume I find incredibly unattractive, fucked up teeth, plain face, meh skin and hair. But she has this one costume is which she looks genuinely beautiful. Like, I almost didn't believe it was her because I didn't think and wig and makeup could do that much for her. And I wish there were a polite way of saying "do that every day". I know no one has to look any way or be appealing to others as long as they're happy and all that, but the difference is truly astounding and I don't see why she doesn't try to at least meet somewhere in the middle in everyday life.

Kind of weird, semi-catty feel that I just had to get out somewhere.
>>
>>8906312
thx m8, why is yours untreated though?
there are a lot of meds that can help a lot
>>
File: Not Dandy Enough.gif (1 MB, 464x258) Image search: [Google]
Not Dandy Enough.gif
1 MB, 464x258
I'm starting to noticed the many differences between a character's in-game model and official art.
It's like they want me to suffer. This is the first time I've done a cosplay with such inconsistencies and no character sheet.
>>
>>8905943
My friends manages to bring 4+ cosplays to a convention. I think most of the time she wears the one she's most proud of during the day. Then she wears specific ones for photo shoots.
>>
>>8906312
Do you have any friends to go with? I know my social anxiety goes up when I have to go alone at events like that. I typically can only stomach a day by myself too.
>>
>>8906471
It's kind of silly, but ever since I lost my last counselor I've been too scared of finding another one. im terrified of going outside and doing things. I'm stupid, I know.

>>8906678
I do have friends to go with this year, which is great! I think I will have a better time with them around.
>>
>>8906682
That's great! It always helped me to be in a group or at least be with someone more outgoing than me.
>>
File: tumblr_mlgphqt5re1s10wloo1_500.gif (165 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlgphqt5re1s10wloo1_500.gif
165 KB, 500x281
I'm always get ridiculed when I say my dreamdress is from a taobao brand.

I'm simple, I don't usually like prints (with a few exceptions with a very light print). I love plain dresses. Even if I like a "burando" dress but doesn't have a print / is an old design, my friends laugh saying "that's not a real lolita dress, it must have a kawaii print!" . They're good people but pretty annoying with that topic.

Maybe I'm being pretty salty saying this, but they're completely itas. They buyed (everyone have a single piece, 2 at most, in 4 years) a "burando" dress but don't bother to have any blouse, lolita shoes, accesories or anything. They usually use converse and neko ears, striped socks and cheap Claire's jewelry, but I'm still the not "kawaii" desu. (at least they style their hairs well)

I'm in a very very very little city and there's no more lolitas here. I wouldn't dump they anyways because we're friends for a long time... but... they always insist with "burando"
>>
>>8906685
I'm glad! I hope you have a great time at your con this year, anon. Sending you some good vibes!
>>
>>8905554

>Forgetting percussionist instruments like cymbal and triangle

Also you forgot the xylophone (which is completely understandable because I regret learning it and can't play it in lolita)
>>
>>8906687
This reminds me of My Immortal.
>>
Please God, let me meet her. All I want to is to find that perfect girl I know exists. She’s sweet and shy and my age and likes all the things I do, perhaps even is on this site itself. The girl who won’t secretly think I’m a loser, the girl I can cuddle with (even if only possible online) and spent nights talking to and laughing and sharing happiness. Someone who can reciprocate the love I put in, the girl who I can make feel safe and secure unconditionally and can fill this gaping, empty void in my heart. Please, just let me find this person. I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes Please, I just can’t take the loneliness anymore.
>>
File: pout.jpg (49 KB, 250x279) Image search: [Google]
pout.jpg
49 KB, 250x279
>be 23 years old
>still have the body of a little girl

I want to be sexy. And not just to Jared Fogle.
>>
>>8906724
>have fit build and an hour glass figure
>have the babiest of baby faces
>told my face is "off-putting" on my womanly body

Genetics fucks us all in the end.
>>
>>8906730
ay bby how u doin'?
>>
>>8906687
I used to feel really self-conscious about the fact that I generally prefer taobao items to brand, especially because my comm has a couple of self-proclaimed brand whores who outright ask people of they're wearing off-brand or accuse people of wearing replicas if not everything on them is brand. If you can't tell them to cool it with those sorts of comments, I guess all you can do is brush it off and keep in mind that you're in the fashion for yourself. Buy what you like. I'm sorry those girls are that obnoxious about it, though. That sucks.
>>
>>8906724
>looks like a little girl
>thinks weebs won't be hot for her

Come on now.
>>
>>8906724
>>8906730
post pics
>>
>>8906703
Posting this here isn't going to magically make her appear you autist
>>
>>8906785
don't crush my dreams anon
>>
File: 1453430777013.jpg (44 KB, 590x467) Image search: [Google]
1453430777013.jpg
44 KB, 590x467
>tfw interested in a lot of jfashion
>have legitimate PTSD when it comes to jfashion communities
>its to the point if i see someone in Jfashion I'll have an anxiety attack
>really want to try out new Jfashions but too scared to put any effort towards any outfits

I know I could always try and not put pictures of myself online, but I have a fear that someone might see me in person, snap a pic and start harassing me.

I want to try uchuu and menhera- those are gorgeous but i'm so fucking terrified I hate it.
>>
>>8905554
>mfw no love for the Euphonium
>no love for the glass harp
>no love for the french horn

Why live?
>>
>>8906800
>PTSD
Thanks tumblr for trivialising yet another serious illness

That's called a phobia, not PTSD. Unless a lolita stabbed you once, which I doubt.
>>
File: koncry.jpg (219 KB, 708x768) Image search: [Google]
koncry.jpg
219 KB, 708x768
>>8906703
I used to know this girl.

Used to.
>>
>>8906800
i actually have PTSD and this shit literally makes me want to tear my hair out.
you got social anxiety, since afraid someone will tear you to shreds for trying.
you're afraid people making fun of you not jfashion
get help or ease yourself into wearing jfashion
>>
File: avatar_1457218986638.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
18 KB, 400x300
>>8906703
Kek.
>>
>>8906804
considering I have legitimate PTSD from other things I'm not trivializing it. it's a lesser form but its still PTSD. You don't need to be stabbed to get it.
>>
File: tumblr_na6o0nOVne1t4tzzfo1_500.png (164 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na6o0nOVne1t4tzzfo1_500.png
164 KB, 500x461
>getting ready for meet
>let's check out who's attending on the facebook event page
>no one I really particularly know or like
Well, here's to making new friends, I hope.
>>
>>8906816
>not replying to >>8906813 who also has ptsd
are you triggered by confrontation or something
>>
>>8906800
>have legitimate PTSD when it comes to jfashion communities

pray tell, what exactly happened that gave you ~japanese fashion PTSD~
>>
>>8906964
yes, let me relive something to prove a point to an anonymous stranger on 4chan
>>
>>8906944
no i felt no need to respond to something so retarded. not all PTSD cases are the same, and if anon also has it they should also know.
>>
>>8906972
You're already thinking about it

Spill it
>>
>>8906800

Have you got it diagnosed by a professional? No? Then stop calling it PTSD.
>>
I entered a local con's mascot/badge art contest for free tix and when the winners were announced I realized I just wasted my time. Many were obviously chosen because they had connections to the higher staff.

I'm as bitter and salty as soy-sauce flavored coffee.
>>
>>8906982
Yes, actually.
>>
>>8905865
>how do you cope?
>how do you handle conventions?

Cosplaying a masked character helps
>>
File: 1452395197659.png (299 KB, 445x450) Image search: [Google]
1452395197659.png
299 KB, 445x450
>>8906972
>>8906974
>>
File: 1438282094770.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1438282094770.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>>8906312
>I have severe, crippling, *untreated* social phobia/anxiety.
>But boy I sure do love going to events with huge crowds with all my close personal friends
>>
>>8905905
>>8905945
>>8906375
I'm searching for the ivory set.
>>
>>8906800
Goddamn frilly taliban.
>>
>>8906703
>I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes
Generally not a good idea unless you have certain behaviors or habits that are unhealthy and harmful, otherwise just be yourself. Don't be desperate, that's how you end up with the wrong person. Learn to love yourself as you are now; if you feel you can improve yourself in any aspect, do it, but do it for yourself first. The girl you're looking for probably won't be "perfect" because no one is but you'll find someone eventually. Don't lose hope.
>>
>>8906703
Stop looking for and idolizing this "perfect" girl, she won't like everything you like and that's ok. People can still like/love others that don't share everything (and it's good to be in relationship where people have their own thing). She won't be perfect and you'll honestly creep her out if you tell her that. Take time and work on yourself. Work-out, read more, learn to cook, whatever. Usually when you stop and take time to work on yourself people notice it. When you look and act desperate for love it makes people avoid you. Instead of treating women like perfect goddesses just treat them like people. Maybe you'll get a girlfriend or maybe you'll make some friends that are girls.
But seriously though, the way you talk about relationships is unhealthy and you'll never find someone that way.
>>
>>8907150
He needs to work on that lame self-pity personality, and get a blind gf if he (most probably) looks like a greasy loser.
>>
File: seiya.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
seiya.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>>8905483

Kinda have a similar feeling but

>want to cosplay as pretty boys
>favorite character is Seiya
>know it'll look off somehow

One day. one day.
>>
>>8906703
If you can't take loneliness anymore, how about you stop looking for a fictional dream girl who meets all your specific requirements for her personality and interests and date, maybe, you know, a real person. You sound desperate, and that shit ain't cute and will drive sane women away. Romantic relationships aren't the end all be all of human interaction, and we put way too much focus on them. Find happiness with your friends, work on yourself, and stop obsessing about some imaginary perfect girl. Unconditional love isn't real. Another person can't bear the pressure of "filling a void" in you or making you whole, and no one wants to enter a relationship with someone who oozes such neediness. Better yourself, and someone, a real someone who probably won't meet every last box on your Perfect Girlfriend checklist but probably most, will come along.
>>
>>8906724
are you my lost twin? even when I already live on my own, people at the door still ask me if my parents are home...
>>
>Wake up
>Custom prop order is cancelled due to "equipment failure"

God damn it, theres no way Ill be able to find a replacement in time.
>>
>Sign up for white day
>buy all gifts
>comes to sending
>uh
>views white day thread
>"wow anon such cute packaging"
>will have to delay my giftees because i'm a gross perfectionist but I think? My gifts are things they will like so hopefully that makes up for it

I've just got to get some little boxes and tissue paper, the issue is that there are about two craft stores where I live. OTL I wish I'd thought ahead for packaging.
>>
>>8906193
I was 3-4cm under the measurements of a jsk that had weird corseting (double over and under the boobs) that I wasn't used to. Put it on, zipped it up and ripped a chiffon ribbon from the loop. I'm now going to have to sell it for way less than I got it for because of the weird ass cut. I have no idea how the manufacturer measured it, but it sure as hell wasn't accurate.
>>
>>8906682
backtotumblr.jpg
if your psych diagnosed you, your gp can give you refils. Try harder.

>>8906687
sounds fake, but okay.
I bought a re-release of the dress that got me into lolita, and bought the dress that got me back into lolita after five years. Two copies, to be exact.

>>8906703
got second-hand dry mouth because of how thirsty you are.

>>8906800
Ayo I have legitimate PTSD of certain things too. It's a shame you have it in general. I will physically be sick if I see my abuser/anything that reminds me of them. Getting better, slowly. You should try little steps.To wear jfashyou have to look at insp, which means getting over that. Look at maybe the opposite race/gender in your chosen fash to disassociate?

FYI my PTSD isn't limited to characters, it is completely centered around what one person did to me. Lolita is 100% okay for me. My PTSD is totally related to two people (father and weeb) but the weeb's shit triggers me more because 'kawaii uke rape' etc and my dad just tried to kill himself three times.

I hate people who fake legit ptsd. I'd have prosecuted my rapist, but I think the time has passed and I lost the photos. She was nine years older than me, I still know about an ugly mole on her vag that I had to ask was herpes.

some days I fantasise about prosecuting her
i just want to ruin her life since she ruined mine
I was 15 and she was 22 when shit went down and I lost all my friends. I wish I'd told them, too.
>>
>>8907205
Seriously how do you fail at killing yourself on 3 seperate occasions? Like at some point you would have to just realize that youre even bad at taking your own life.
>>
>>8907205
>some days I fantasise about prosecuting her
>i just want to ruin her life since she ruined mine
>I was 15 and she was 22 when shit went down and I lost all my friends. I wish I'd told them, too.
do it. speak out.
>>
>wants to try and mix shironuri with decora
>ends up looking like I have serious problems
>>
File: tumblr_nqy239Rz2x1tl1rbyo1_1280.jpg (234 KB, 1280x949) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqy239Rz2x1tl1rbyo1_1280.jpg
234 KB, 1280x949
I love cosplaying. For a long time, it's been one of the only things that makes me happy. But lately it's just been a stress-fest and it makes me hate everything.
Part of me wants to take a break because of how badly it's affecting me but I'm young and in my prime for my looks and it's not like it's something I do on a monthly basis anyways.
Has anyone else here experienced this? What do you do?
>>
File: 1455827784954.png (291 KB, 640x574) Image search: [Google]
1455827784954.png
291 KB, 640x574
>>8907289
>What do you do?
drink the sorrow away
>>
Welp, my con buddy just dropped the fuck out for this next one, just "other obligations". It would have been our eighth year to go (we only go to one each year).

I'm not mad at her at all, it's just that I don't have any cosplaying friends, anons. I already bought my ticket but I don't know if I'll have any fun on my own... what do.
>>
>>8905568
I know those feels anon my parents were the same but remember it's never too late to learn
>>
>>8907205
Do it. It'll be worth it in the end. I could've never done it alone, but the whole shit was so organized that when the process finally began, I just got dragged along with the other victims. It was the best thing that ever happened to me because even though I said nothing, it meant that what happened was real and wrong.

I still haven't got over PTSD it gave me, but one day. Eventually. There is time.The best of luck to you fellow anon.
>>
>>8907289
This happened to me. I just spent some time re-wearing cosplays so I didn't have to deal with getting so much done beforehand. And even if you want to work on something you can fix little details to make those old cosplays better.
>>
>>8907000
Yup! I do have very severe anxiety. Which is why I almost never go anywhere (even to the grocery store) except for one time a year, because my friends beg to me to go with them. Please try not to be so judge mental next time.

>>8907205
I've never been to tumblr before, so I'm not sure where I would be going back to.

I was with a pediatric psychiatrist and a children's counselor because I was assigned to them after it was discovered (when I was a teen) that I had been sexually and physically abused for many years as a child. However, the moment I turned 18, they dropped me completely and stopped answering my calls and wouldn't help me try to find a new counselor or psychiatrist. My psych also stopped all refills on my medications after three months. That was three years ago. So now I feel like I don't deserve help and I'm too terrified to seek it out.

I'm sorry you guys are so horribly shitty to me for just trying to give some advice to another anon about how to enjoy one day out of the year. So very, very sorry.
>>
>>8907392
if u aint fat ill go with you
>>
>>8907429
oh well, kek
>>
>>8907428
Ok cool
>>
>>8907205
>tfw a legitimate response
To the other traumatic events I've had happen to me, its limited to one person, and they live very far away from me now, but when the shit went down with that certain lolita I used to know- her community were shitheads to me about it and slandered me for ages online. I'm too scared to go into details because I know some seagulls will remember me, and probably call me a liar. Because of that I'm scared of jfashion- Lolitas in paticular.

>some days I fantasise about prosecuting her
>i just want to ruin her life since she ruined mine

I know that feel anon. I used to dream about getting a restraining order so if I were to attend a convention she wouldn't be able to go. Now I've moved far away and I still dream of just, mailing her dogshit or something.

the worst part is knowing that nothing negative will ever happen to her, rich family, everyone loves her... while I'm left crying if I see her face in person. Its fucked up but the only thing that keeps me going is just the thought that there's some sort of afterlife where shit like this will be judged.
>>
>>8907212
First time he slit his wrists after pulling over on the highway, someone called the cops about the blood and they found him. They had to do DNA testing to ensure the blood was his (I've seen these scars and some court documents about dna, so I know 100% this story is the right one)
Second time he apparently tried to drive his car off a cliff but ran into the headstone of someone who already killed himself that way. Not so sure on this, sounds really iffy? But the reason why this one is so vague is because after the first time the hospital released him early and he went to live with his family in another country again. Obviously he should have been held involuntarily.
Third time I was there and he took an entire bottle of vallium. I was eight and had to take the bottle from his hands and get him inside since my mother is physically disabled. This was, obviously, the most traumatic because I was /right there/. Idk it was awful.

>>8907678
Oh my god, Anon. That would be the best. A restraining order is a dream to be especially because I have traveled interstate and still seen her at a con. It's absolutely the worst. I think I posted about it in a con horror story thread, but my AA friend let me sit behind her booth for a while.

I saw her the other day on the bus and had to get off because I knew I was about to have a panic attack. A long distance friend on fb actually had to guide me through it, which was kind of terrifying. I don't know what I'd have done if I'd legitimately fell apart in public.

Before joining my comm, I asked very clearly if this girl was involved in it at all and, while some members are friends with her, she is not part of the lolita group. I don't attend mixed events or 'fashion walks' though, just in case.

To the anons saying 'do it' I just don't think it's worth bringing it up again after so long for my own health, and having to put my mother through it. I wish I could, but I can't, One day I'll find a way to ruin her life.
>>
Anyone else feel... So much more normie after joining their jfash community?
J-fashion indirectly helped me shape my personality all through high school. It helped me go from quiet and shy to quiet but confident. I even had several teachers tell me this when I graduated. I kind of used my appearance as my shield. It's the same at college now too.
But since I joined my local lolita comm, it feels like I have nothing else to distinguish myself from everyone else. I'm no longer the quiet Special Snowflake. It feels weird. I wish I was more interesting otherwise, but all I honestly care about it cute clothes and cute things.

>>8907977
I remember seeing you post your story before. I hope you're doing okay.
>>
File: 1416278745874.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1416278745874.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>8906724
>>
>>8907977
When I was looking for a restraining order I contemplated it. a couple days of having to see her in court is a small price to pay for never having to see her again.

Last time I saw the girl that fucked me up it was at a mall and I just ran out and cried, felt like I was going to puke.

get a restraining order, I just moved so its not necessary, but please, do it. I feel a huge weight off my chest since there is no fear of ever seeing her again.
>>
>>8905471
You're in a good place if you're not hype buying lolita. Some ppl never reach this place of settlement, forever stuck in a vicious cycle of spending addiction.

Lolita is like a partner, spend too much time with it and you will get bored of each other and take them for granted. Find something else to occupy your time, and maybe you'll appreciate your lolita once more.
>>
>>8908130
I'm about to move, so I think I will feel better when I do. One more year isn't too bad. For me, I think, a restraining order may cause unnecessary drama re: the friends I managed to keep after the fight. I'm from a very small place so everyone knows everyone. If it was back when it first happened, it wouldn't have been a big deal. She came to my house at 1AM on a school night for her weeb dvds unannounced, assaulted me (I have a scar) and screamed, which scared the shit out of the exchange student she KNEW I was hosting and was, obviously, traumatising for me. My mother thought about calling the police that night, and if the subject of her ever comes up, she always admits regretting not calling the police when she had the chance. She groomed me from the age of 12, but my mother doesn't really know that part of the story.

afaik now she is a transtrender with a transtrender 'boyfriend' and they have changed their names to Dean and Sam, she's put on weight and still has no fashion sense. Found her twitter and she's pulling the same 'what? I TOTALLY have played/seen/done the thing!' because she uploaded a photo of the friends who took her side and remained close playing 'Live Love'
>>
>>8908046
Missed this.
Anon, I'm doing fine. It's just the little things I have to avoid, but I'm pushing through again. I have a life plan and I'm growing closer to my comm, so I'm feeling pretty positive overall.
>>
>>8908130
This conversation is interesting me. I've had similar experiences but didn't think it was PTSD. Does your heart start beating really fast and hurting and you start to lose your breath? Sometimes I'll sweat or cry if it's really bad.
I haven't even seen the girl I'm thinking of, but if I see someone with the same name/same hair/similar face/similar clothing, I involuntarily freak out and have to excuse myself to the bathroom to calm down. It sucks, I'm usually very calm and rational, I don't have any mental illnesses.
>>
>>8908177
Yep, sounds like legitimate PTSD where certain things are triggering an anxiety attack. You should to talk to someone about it.
>>
File: 7ee.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
7ee.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
Just found out that my friends can't go to the con we were planning on going to next weekend. They live 4 hours away and I haven't seen them since 2014. I was really looking forward to seeing them next weekend and catching up, and I don't know if I even want to bother going to the con now since they were the main reason I wanted to go. Feels like I'm never going to see my friends again.
>>
I know the cutest, most beautiful girl in the universe and I want to steal her away from her boyfriend. Problem is, I don't even know if she's bi and they seem perfectly happy together, I feel so conflicted when I see them being so happy. It's upsetting and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>8908235
Aaaand I thought this was the confession thread. Sorry gulls. Feels like shit, though. I feel like a bad friend to both of them.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-10+at+04.24.14).png (37 KB, 522x235) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-10+at+04.24.14).png
37 KB, 522x235
>>8908235
>>
My best friend has some issues with the way I "do lolita." My wardrobe is mostly brand just because I happen to like a lot of things that the big brands have released. But she doesn't understand why I keep buying "overpriced brand" when I could be buying the cheap Regretsy-tier indie dresses she keeps linking me to. They look perfectly respectable to her because she doesn't understand lolita and doesn't want to. She stumbled upon a /cgl ita thread once and immediately linked me to it, crying about how mean everyone is because all those girls look fine, and I wasn't able to explain any of the glaring flaws in the coords because "you can't tell people how to dress." She does agree that a fashion needs standards, but thinks every standard except "poofy skirt" is elitist and too extreme.The way I try to explain it to her is I am willing to pay more for something I truly love rather than buy something I'm not that hyped about just because it was cheap, and if you're going to do something, you should go all the way and do it right by following a higher standard.

This whole thing just feels really stupid, and I'm frustrated with myself for being hung up over something stupid, and it all kind of snowballs from there. At the same time, I'd be a lot happier if someone so close to me had a better understanding of one of my most important hobbies, you know what I mean? I highly doubt our friendship could be broken because of something like this, but the frustration of bearing this small annoyance every day has been building up and I kind of want to talk it over with her again.
>>
File: 1438127830841.jpg (378 KB, 1280x1401) Image search: [Google]
1438127830841.jpg
378 KB, 1280x1401
I don't know if this has been addressed in the past but...

I feel really weird about chocolate coords in lolita.
They're super cute and I actually really like chocolate of all kinds, even the pure cocoa cooking stuff that's super bitter but... I've always met these people who hate chocolate and say it looks like poop. And they always use that word. Poop. Never shit or feces or scat or excrement.

And then I see these dresses I want that are definitely chocolate themed and all I can think is - if I wear that someone is gonna say it looks like poop.

I'd rather be called an ita... or to have someone say I look like shit. Not "poop" because my dress is brown like chocolate which apparently is just the same as "poop".

And I think coords like this are just sooo cute... but ugh. I'm too afraid to wear them.
>>
>>8908297
Embrace the poopoo anon
>>
>>8908235
>>8908238
Eh, I never counted it when it was it two girls. I know some guys do actually get weirded out by it... but I don't know, if my boyfriend told me he had a crush on his cosplay buddy and wanted to fuck him, I'd be okay with it because it wouldn't be like competing, it'd be like, oh, he wants to have sex with someone who has a penis and I don't have one so that's how he can do that.

I feel like most guys will be like, ohhh, two girls can I watch type shit, but when you get to the "I want to steal her away" part, that's the part that would piss him off probably as men tend to be pretty territorial about who they are in a relationship with. (Not to say women can't be that way, I sure was when my ex cheated on me).

Point is, don't feel bad being attracted to someone!
As long as you aren't like, actively trying to get them to break up, you're good I think.
Hell, maybe even ask him about it?

A lot of normies where I live are all about polyamory.
>>
File: 1455254972876.jpg (76 KB, 391x600) Image search: [Google]
1455254972876.jpg
76 KB, 391x600
>>8908300
NO GOD DAMMIT. CHOCOLATE IS A FOOD. LITERALLY ANY FOOD COULD BE POOP. ITS A STUPID ANALOGY.
>>
>>8908297
I hate food themed prints in lolita in general, because you're supposed to be tiny skinny gurl hurhur
>inb4 someone comments about how they're skinny despite eating whatever they want
>>
>>8908320
You know that part bugs me too! Like what's up with twig girls wearing cakes on their dresses when you fucking know they never eat cakes!!

The occasional macaron won't make you gain 300lbs though. That's how I view it because sure, girls are eating sweets at meets and they do things like go to chocolate festivals and what not (don't forget about all the alcohol events) but those girls probably aren't eating sugar all the time.

In fact no one should be eating sugar constantly, it's really fucking bad for you.
>>
>>8908329
samefagging because I hit enter too soon like a spazz.

I think it's like, you're wearing something you really love but you can't eat it so you're wearing.

>wow what important tidbits of opinion that no one cares about
>>
>>8908297

>people who hate chocolate

What rare species is this and why do they hate chocolate?

It sounds like they're comparing chocolate to poop solely to poop on your love of chocolate. Personally I'd take it as a sign of immaturity or some personality problem to be doing that. But you also said you would rather be an ita than have these people call you poop, so I guess they're somebody important to you. You have my sympathy for being unable to enjoy chocolate in peace.

If it helps, everything is poop, really. All food passes through your digestive system and comes out as poop at the other end. So apples are poop, pears are poop, strawberries are poop, bacon is poop, wagyu beef steak is poop, macrobiotic tofu is poop, it's all poop (eventually).
>>
>>8908329
It's one of the reasons that I hate meeting at sweet cafes. I'm a larger girl, not a ham planet (I can still wear brand) but if I ordered, say, a slice of cake or a cupcake, whatever, I'd feel like I was being judged. I feel pressured into ordering from the tiny savory menu at those and it sucks.
>bland quiches are my life
>>
>>8908329
>>8908363
>being thin means we don't eat cakes
No honey we just don't eat all of it ourselves
>>
>>8905865
Sink or fucking swim
>>
>>8908363
>What rare species is this and why do they hate chocolate?
I'm not sure but I do run into it a lot. There are two people who I know, one I consider a good friend and they both hate chocolate but neither of them compared it to poop like I said. Usually the people I run into who do the poop comparison are ones I don't get along with and I just can't imagine why...

but yeah, there is definitely a significant number of people in the US that do not like chocolate.
And like 9 times out of 10, if they hate choclate, they do like white chocolate which is just fucking mind boggling to me. (White chocolate isn't really chocolate and so on)

>If it helps, everything is poop, really. All food passes through your digestive system and comes out as poop at the other end.
Exactly!! ALL YOUR MELTY BERRY PRINTS ARE POOP TOO.

>>8908387
>bland quiches are my life
Oh god... that's gonna be my future...
>>
>>8908393
That's why I mentioned that yea, the occasional indulgence of sweets at a meet up is not gonna make you fat. Of course people who are thin can eat sweets.
>>
>>8908320
>>8908329

lol. Food prints aren't really about FOOD. If they were, do you think it'd really be about cakes decorated with yucky fondant, macarons with too much sugar and food coloring, biscuits with whipped cream, and other blah nonsense?

If food prints were truly about food, hamburger lolita would actually be a thing instead of a joke. We'd have pasta and spaghetti prints complete with your choice of carbonara or napolitan background. We'd have steak prints in colourways of rare, medium or well done. We'd have sashimi food prints featuring abalone, lobster and other rare sashimi. Salad prints with arugula in them and no iceberg lettuce in sight. Maybe we could even have a coffee print release that comes with coffee perfume that smells like freshly brewed real gourmet coffee, or a bacon-and-waffles print that comes with bacon-and-caramelized-honey perfume.

Food prints are usually of desserts because like lolita, it's a thing you indulge in only if you have the time, money and effort to make it happen. Unlike real food, it's not a basic necessity in life, you won't stop functioning or become anemic if you didn't eat a raspberry mousse a day. Quite a few of the sweets take time and effort to prepare, and chefs usually go to great lengths to make sure they look nice, instead of (say) slapping on some meat next to some greens for a basic meal. Nobody really needs fondant on a cake, let alone fondant on a cake shaped to look like a bouquet of roses.

Very much the same way you don't need lolita to survive, some basic normie clothes would do. Both lolita and desserts are pretty much an indulgence, sometimes even a flight of fancy to distract from real life. That's why lolita food prints are always the sweets and dessserts, never the essential proteins and micronutrients.
>>
>>8908398

You answered your own question, the people don't like you, so they compare something you like to poop. The ones who have no issues with you actually act like normal people and don't make chocolate-poop comparisons.

Hey, now you get to tell them everything they love is also poop.
>>
I'm finally getting into cosplay after way too long, but now I'm kind of anxious about it. I've got some wigs for the stuff I want to do, but when I put them on and look in the mirror I just feel kind of...ridiculous, like it doesn't suit me at all and I'm going to look fucking terrible. I can't even just try to be generically cute because I'm a guy. Ego aside, I consider myself more attractive than a decent portion of my cosplaying friends, but it still feels like they look infinitely better than I will, like there's something that's just -off- about it when it's me.

Maybe it'll be better when I put stuff together as a whole because I haven't got the outfits done yet, but right now I just feel like I'm going to end up being the cosplay version of a hot mess. I was super pumped before but it's really grinding down my motivation.
>>
>>8908412
Thanks for this take on it!

I work at a local burger joint and it's the highest paying job I've ever had ($15/h plus $300 in tips on average) so it's made it to where I can easily afford lolita so I want to do a burger coord very badly someday. I feel like I owe it to them. There are a ton of cute burger accessories out there too.

Also a sushi print would be amazing! And it's something you can't have all the time (mercury poisoning), can get very expensive and takes a lot of time and effort in the Jiro Dreams of Sushi way.
Also really love sushi and bento type stuff that is always cute as hell...
>>
>>8908464

Yes. Just to be clear, I named all the actual, real food that I'd eat any day over lollipops, cakes or sweets. But I know they'll never make it into being prints. Most of it looks too "rough" and not delicately "fancy" enough to make it as a lolita print. A full kaiseki course at a legit Kyoto restaurant is going to make tea and macarons at La Duree look downright affordable, but tea and macarons will always look more romantic than eel livers and uni.

I wish you luck with your burgerlita coord, anon. May you be the one that makes burgerlita actually look good.
>>
>>8908398
US ppl like white chocolates but not milk chocolate, is that an underlying code for white supremacist? Because I've only heard ppl who compare brown to the colour of poop are often racists =/= can not associate the colour with anything nice other than shit?
>>
>>8908412
I love your analysis on this
>>
>>8908412
>getting this riled up about a post saying 'lolitas don't eat as much cake as the dresses/meet up places suggest'

Sorry you're bitter, one day you'll get your ugly cake-covered dress :^)
>>
>>8908504
No no, I'm definitely talking about the food. And some of the people I met who didn't enjoy chocolate, were black. So unless they had some odd self hatred....
>>
>>8908508
You're reading into a tone that isn't in that post. Nothing about their perspective seemed riled up.
>>
>>8908398
I'm an European and to me, American milk chocolate has a very distinct side taste of vomit. (this is apparently a pretty common effect because of some ingredient you use.) white chocolate doesn't have this.
I wonder if these people would like Milka/some other European chocolate? (Milka is not the best example because it also has a distinct taste, but something like Fazer or Lindt or hell, even Ritter would be an interesting thing to try, as long as it's made in Europe.)
>>
>>8907003
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/95293

here u go anon, please get it
>>
>>8905490
force yourself to lose weight anon, I'm down 25 pounds and feel so much better atm also can fit in the dresses I bought forever ago
>>
>>8908543
I tried some Slav chocolate the other day and it was really fucking good. It had a really long name, was smaller than usual and came in yellow packaging with some roses. The same brand also had a version with cookies that was even better.
I've also tried Cadbury and Lindt and they're okay, but honestly nothing special.
>>
File: taste-of-home-thumbnail1.gif (94 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
taste-of-home-thumbnail1.gif
94 KB, 750x750
>>8908569
Found it, it was this one but without the filling
>>
>>8908569
Cadbury's from the UK tastes so much better (creamier) than Australian Cadburys (so much sugar)
>>
>>8908591
It was the UK one, I got both it and the yellow Slav one from a relative who went backpacking a few weeks ago
>>
>>8908508

I'm not riled up though, and I already own cake-print dresses. If anything, I thought my post was a little overenthusiastic because I really like good food. Sorry I derailed your serious discussion of how much cake lolitas eat at meet ups?
>>
>>8908543
I really can't stand the taste of Hershey's, Whittakers Chocolate from New Zealand is godsent though, especially the kiwi fruit one. Cadbury is still one of my favourites though
>>
>>8908629
European OP here, non-white Hershey's is the absolute worst. chocolate bars and whatnot bother me less, but Hershey's is awful. (I hate candy corn too, while we're at it. tastes like arse.)

cgl feels, I think I posted this one before
>not sure whether to prioritise j-fash/lolita/cosplay or my 2 year old gaming rig that is slowly becoming obsolete (was poor, put together a cheap rig with an i3, i3 can't play my vidya)
>HL season is coming soon so want to save up for that
>somebody said they saw my dream dress for sale
>need more basic items
but
>could just about afford upgrade to i5, DDR4 and a way smaller case
>have laptop that kinda handles vidya, but retarded GPU throttle ruins anything more needy
>have access to an arseton of great games because of friends who family share with me

>mfw no lolita friend to salt over mobas with
>>
>>8905552

yes I did and I'm not sorry
>>
>be male in otherwise female comm
>be 30
>no one excludes me or treats me like an old pathetic creep

Thank you, seagulls, for inspiring me to be careful about my manners and presentation. Trying to fit in with lolitas without triggering any alarms has also helped me in other areas of my life.

>>8908654
Thank you also
>>
>>8908629
>>8908647
As an american, Hersheys is closer to plastic than chocolate...disgusting, waxy stuff. I know this and I've never even had proper European chocolate. My area is far too hick for that kind of thing to be available here.

'murricans generally care more about how much chocolate they can stuff in their faces rather than how good it actually tastes, so they can get away with making a horrible product. Most of our sweets are just plain bad.
>>
>>8908398

>they hate chocolate
>they like white chocolate
>white chocolate isn't really chocolate

Hate to admit it, but it makes total sense they'd like white chocolate since it isn't chocolate at all.

Oh well, we've had people hate on tea and other things on cgl before. I guess people who dislike chocolate do exist.
>>
File: cropped_header_1440587277720.jpg (487 KB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
cropped_header_1440587277720.jpg
487 KB, 1080x607
>>8906463
That's just to evil.
>>
>>8907161
>Unconditional love isn't real
What about your family? Especially your kids.
>>
>>8908891
Even that love isn't unconditional though, or else kids wouldn't get disowned (or kids leaving their narcissistic parents).
>>
>>8908308
No, I wouldn't actively try to break them up, they're both nice people and I wouldn't have met her without knowing him anyways. I'd only do that if he was some raging asshole or something.

I have absolutely no idea whether they'd be into polyamory and don't really know how I'd bring that up... Guess I'll just wait and see if I could casually get their opinions on the topic in general one day.

Thanks for not being a dick, anon.
>>
>>8908456
I feel silly too with just the wigs, but think of it this way: if you look like yourself when you're done with your cosplay, you've done something wrong.
>>
File: 1457298728710.jpg (40 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1457298728710.jpg
40 KB, 449x401
>about to go to con
>go to bed early to get some good rest
>woken up by neighbor faking her orgasm
>super tired next and can't enjoy the con
>>
File: 1456185099843.png (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456185099843.png
110 KB, 500x500
>Tfw room and apt too small for sewing
>Can't sew anywhere
>I want to improv, asked super good sewing dude for help
>Don't wanna overstay my welcome
I want to move out but can't
T-Thanks college.
>>
>Lose auction because SS didn't react to someone sniping fast enough

I'm so fucking pissed right now, this is the only time I've seen those stupid socks for sale ever and the SS fucks up. I'll pay 50 bucks for those stupid socks at this point I don't even care.
>>
>>8908892
There are exceptions, sure, but I'd like to think most parents love their kids unconditionally. Mine do.
>>
File: xB0SSDJ.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
xB0SSDJ.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
>sold 4 wigs over the span of a weekend
>sold two pieces that didnt fit without a major loss
>got bonus cheque at work
>mo money mo burrando
>>
>>8908891
I definitely have never felt that my family's love for me was unconditional and vice versa. Being a queen atheist put most of them off me. And even with my little brother, basically the only family I really love with all my heart, could conceivably pull some bullshit that would make me cut him out of my life. Unconditional love is not a real thing, nor should it be.
>>
>>8908968
This is happening to me right now and it's still up for sale and it's driving me up the fucking wall waiting for them to do anything, someone is definitely going to buy it before they do and I get front row seats.
>>
>>8908170
>they have changed their names to Dean and Sam
I audibly cringed
>>
>>8907003
Someone is selling Dolly Cat Special on the plus sized lolita fb group, $350 US domestic shipping included.
>>
File: 4073_010708_scones_vert[1].jpg (64 KB, 1040x1300) Image search: [Google]
4073_010708_scones_vert[1].jpg
64 KB, 1040x1300
>working to trim down for a bodysuit cosplay next weekend
>progress is up and down
>weekend has been going well (I push to cut more calories over the weekend because my daily job is stressful with long hours and high energy demands, so I usually end up hitting my calorie max)
>"huh, I need to get rid of this half-carton of milk before it goes bad"
>spontaneously make scones
>eat four of them hot out of the oven
>>
>>8909749
>only giving yourself a week to lose weight
that's your problem, anon.
You should have put the milk in with some bananas and honey and made frozen smoothie pops for when you need a relatively healthy, but sweet, snack Or just throw our the damn milk.
>>
A friend of mine wants to cosplay together in matching outfits (plugsuits, specifically), but she keeps complaining about everything I want to do. She doesn't have the money or the time and wants to use alternative methods that look shitty and insists we can "upgrade" later. This is a costume that I care about and want to do right. I can afford the materials I want to use. I want to cosplay with her, but I don't want to look like shit, and she keeps rejecting my ideas because "too expensive" and only suggest bad substitutes.

Am I being a bitch for not wanting to compromise and make a shittier costume just because she doesn't have the funds but wants to do it now instead of saving and waiting?
>>
>bought a jacket for a cosplay
>couldn't button it
>fatty fatty fat fat
>diet + gym for 2 months
>it fits!
2 months of gym membership cost as much as the jacket though so really I could have just bought a new one but this is probably better for me in the long run
>>
>>8909872
Her way is more expensive. Buying garbage only to "upgrade" later make no sense unless you're doing muslin pattern drafts.
I have 2 friends who do cheap "test" cosplays but never go back and redo them right later. The test pieces always look like garbage and then they make excuses ("It's not the final product so no one can judge!") but I don't go along. Just go your separate ways when it comes to materials. If she makes stupid comments about money remind her she's going to be paying for her cosplay twice.
>>
>>8909872
Fuck 'em. Make yours the way you want, let her do her thing. If she looks shitty, that's on her. Sure people will notice if you're together, but it'll only make you look better in the end, and if it's a cosplay you care about and put good effort into you deserve that recognition.

It sounds kinda bad, but you can't let them drag you down and keep you from achieving your goals.
>>
>>8909877
I've tried pointing that out to her, but she's being so stubborn. I'm glad to hear I'm not being unreasonable, though. Thank you.

>>8909880
I just feel like a jerk saying "you do you, then" because she's taking it really personally for some reason and making things tense over it. Ugh, oh well. Thank you for your input. I think you're right and I'll suck it up and tell her directly that I'm going to do it the way I think will look best.
>>
>>8909904
Maybe she knows her cosplay skills aren't on par with yours and wants you to use shitty materials so you look the same level and get the same amount of attention rather than people liking your better suit more?
>>
>>8909907
She's actually fairly talented. I do believe it's just that she really, really wants to do these costumes together asap for some reason instead of waiting until she can afford it, like she's completely narrowly focused on having it NOW even if it's not as good. And I'm afraid she might be sensitive about the money thing and that's why she's being particularly defensive about finding a cheaper method. Or something? I dunno, but I'll try talking to her about it again and, like I said, let her know I'm not going to cheap out on something that matters to me. Thanks again.
>>
>>8905490
What anime is this icon from?
>>
>>8909923
Umineko no Naku Koro ni, it's a visual novel/game but it does have an anime adaptation.
>>
>>8905554
What about the jew harp playing lolitas, hater
>>
>>8905490
You have to want it more than the temporary gratification of food. Get on a boring but healthy weight loss diet and focus on things besides food. Lift, cardio. It's hard but it is really that simple unless you have a medical issue (which is very rare).
People just have to want it more every time they choose healthy food and choose to exercise.
>>
>>8909926
>>8909923
The anime sucks though. Just read the manga or VN if you are interested.
>>
>>8909926
Ooo it's a game. I KNEW I saw that lady in the dress dress laugh in a gif before. Must have been from that. Thank you very much.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 469x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 469x500
>going through a rough patch financially
>budget and cut back like crazy so I can enjoy the upcoming con
>finally sold my old vidyagames
>I feel god damn rich
>have to resist the urge to spend it on normie clothes
Also
>selling anime DVDs my ex gave me for my birthday
>I didn't want him to spend that much money on me, esp cause we weren't dating anymore
>guilts me into keeping them.
>haven't spoken to him in years now (turns out he's a piece of shit in and out of the relationship) and they sit on my shelf in the original packaging, untouched.
>feel bad for selling a gift. But fuck em, I guess
>>
>>8909938
Oh? Do they leave a lot of stuff out? Or is just a different beast all together? I heard Persona 4 had the same issue? Awesome game, ok manga, sucky anime. But I watched the first two episodes of that one and it seemed fine. Nothing awesome.

Since this a feels thread I'll keep this relvent. Someone help a seagull out.

>Be insane otaku level nerd in high shool.
>The 00's. Best time.
>Everything I found out was from anime magazines and friends came to me for newest news about anime.
>Queen Bee of the nerds!
>Naruto was new and hip. Omg NINJAS?!
>Hellsing was super edgy. Omg NAZIS!?
>Howl's Moving Castle just came out and friends who like Disney start saying how cute Howl was.
>Holy fuck, I had a boyfriend at the time and he took me to go see it in theaters!!
>Super awesome ramen shop AND A BOBA STORE!?!!! open near the mall. Lol, you've never heard about Lolicup? That's REAL boba from California, where all the cool Asains are from.
>Live in Denver, have one theater downtown play anime movies once a month. Caught Steam Boy with friends.
>Thought we were the coolest people on the planet.
>We were.
>Go to college
>Hung up my weeb hat and have a great time, and make normal friends.
>Watch only American things. Disney, Dreamworks, Pixar. Start watching TV sitcomes with real people in them.
>Literally haven't watched anime or read any manga for 4 years.
>Out of college three years now.
>Void in life...what's wrong?
>Maybe I need to watch an anime? That sounds like a great idea.
>Ugh, can't get into anything. I'm too old and too out of touch with terms and what's cool.
>I'm a sad adult.
>Watch Tiger & Bunny.
>There IS a God.
>Can't find anything anywhere close to as being as good as T&B.
>There is no God. I take it back.
>T&B movie was ok...2nd one was ooook. Meh.
>In anime slump for 2 years now.
>Help me.

I miss the 00's. And recommendations? /a/ is super mean when it comes to asking for recs.
>>
>>8909863
Naw, I've been working at it over the last six months. Having a binge moment in the last stretch was a mood dampener is all.

>normally would have cooked up a batch of kale when cravings hit
>out of fresh fruits and vegetables
>it's been raining near solid for the last week and I really, really hate rain
>waiting for tomorrow's forecast lull to get some greens again!
>>
>>8909960

That reminds me of when I used to beg my mom to stay up to 10:30 on Thrusdays so I could be the first one of my friends to catch the new Inuyasha episode on Adult Swim. Good times.
>>
>>8906703
just give up, you autist

>>8907150
>>8907161
Kek, stop giving him false hope, retards
>>
>>8909960
Oh man, I avoided T&B like the plague because of a strong, long lasting bias against mecha anime, but it ended up being so damn good.

Hm, not sure about recommendations, but try out Baccano!, Kekkai Sensen and FMA:B.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>8905461
>pin coords for inspiration for years
>pore over magazines for ages
>still shit at dressing myself
It doesn't help that my space is very limited since I live out of a suitcase. The best my coords can get is 'kinda cute' but I'll never be able to copy all the jfash mag outfits.

I'd love to own pieces that go with multiple items in my wardrobe but for example one jumper will go well with one pair of trousers (specific fit) and sweet fuck all else. Even if it's a super generic item like a white tee it either looks like shit because of my body (I'm skinny with a bigger ass and thighs and no tits, so a lot of stuff makes me look like pic related) or because the fit is somehow deliberately made awkward. Jumpers are either too saggy or too tight.

I'm at the end of my rope.
>>
File: dirtysecrets.gif (256 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
dirtysecrets.gif
256 KB, 350x197
mfw
>someone posts about lolita drama in general
>believes there is no drama in their comm
>there has been multiple incidents of drama
>>
>>8909875
Congrats anon! I hope you keep it up.
>>
>>8910203
I wish I had good advice, a lot of it for me is just absorbing a lot of what I see and being intuitive about it and going with my gut and being playful with what I currently own, going after what I like and what I think will actually look good on me, and there's a difference. If say I had this jumper and I wanted it to match my next purchase, I'd wear it while shopping or take a photo with me. I try to not let the things I like completely dictate what I wear cause I feel like that could end up in bad judgment of me trying to shoe horn myself into a style and making poor purchases. After a while all the things I intuitively love and bought all have similar qualities and go together in a way that is unique. I also prune a lot of what isn't working in my wardrobe which makes it stronger. I thrift everything so I don't get caught up in expensive prices, but when trying it on I have to absolutely love it to buy it, anything meh goes back, otherwise it'll sit in my closet. You could also try limiting your colour palette so that everything you own is able to work within it. Hope this helps.
>>
File: why tho.png (487 KB, 752x414) Image search: [Google]
why tho.png
487 KB, 752x414
>grow up fat, getting clothes from Avenue/mom's hand-me-downs
>freshman year of college
>friend tells me I have an "older" sense of style (basically that I dress like a middle aged woman)
>try to dress more contemporary now that there's shit like Torrid and F21
>fast forward to late junior/senior year
>really get into Lolita/ J-fashion, inspo to lose weight
>60+lbs less later, usually wear toned down Lolita or otome when I go out
>get comments from people like, "Don't wear that/you shouldn't wear that, it's too girly (like young)/dressy"

I don't even wear sweet. Fuck 'em though, I earned this
>>
>>8910824
yes, you did. congrats on getting healthier and more confident!
>>
>>8910824
you do you anon, fuck em all
>>8910717
>I also prune a lot of what isn't working in my wardrobe which makes it stronger.
>when trying it on I have to absolutely love it to buy it, anything meh goes back, otherwise it'll sit in my closet
>You could also try limiting your colour palette so that everything you own is able to work within it.
I do this too anon, and while I've gotten a lot better at dressing myself compared to, say, 2 years ago, it's still so mediocre. I only own clothes in charcoal/dark grey, peach and lavender and while they all go together in practice there's always something off about the outfit whether it's shoes or socks or accessories or some other detail like that, which ends up ruining the actual outfit even if I try to keep it simple.

I will say however that today I tried to replicate some coords from a magazine and I got some pretty good results, so that's giving me some motivation rn.

Thanks for the thrifting advice anon, unfortunately most charity shops in my country tend to aggregate fat people clothing since we're a nation of unemployed fat knackers.
>>
Srsly my ss was asleep, put in for 3 buy it now jsks, they were older but cute. All bought out from under me. Quite sad now, the money was my birthday treat that I had saved up.
>>
>>8905896
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k210155416 Special set anon, here's your dress!
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 499x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 499x488
>friends have changed in bad ways
>don't feel compatible with them anymore and want to end the friendships
>was planning to go to a con with them before I decided I didn't want to deal with them anymore
>already paid for the con and feel obligated to go
>forcing myself for months to keep being friendly and supportive with people I can't wait to stop talking to
>after the con I'll finally be free to drift away from them
>>
>everything i'm trying to sell on lacemarket (at a loss) is not moving, hasn't moved for months, no matter how low I reduce them
>trying to make my easter coordinate and it's all fucking up
>the blouse gapes in front not because my boobs are too large (I have a 32 inch bust) but because my shoulders are too wide I've never had this problem before it's so uncomfortable but the blouse is perfect for the coordinate
>trying to match my browns online, my bag for the coordinate comes in, and it's WAY FUCKING LIGHTER THAN MY SHOES
>this coordinate is a disaster and it's my dream dress too, it's actually made me dispassionate for Lolita because of how wrong this is all going and how expensive it is and how little time I have to fix it

>midterms coming up
>chronic illness and social anxiety, going to school is sometimes impossible for me
>i try everyday because fuck this i want to learn but sometimes end up having to leave after 1 class because of the pain and anxiety attacks
>missed lots of class
>had a panic attack this morning and cried for four hours straight because I am too stupid and won't pass my classes and I'm a disappointment and a failure
>and hey guess what i'm still fat and ugly too!!

I'm so sorry gulls, I really needed to get that out. Especially the part about trying to match fucking colors ordering online. This is my dream coordinate and it's failing just as much as I'm failing at life right now.
>>
File: lolishock.jpg (39 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
lolishock.jpg
39 KB, 700x393
>>8910824
>lose 60 lbs in 2014
>become hotter cosplayer as a result
>actual flirting from grills
>taco truck moves in across the street
>gain 10 lbs
>just ate a taco 20 minutes ago
>con in two weeks

Help me... Take these demons away...
>>
File: stormie.jpg (24 KB, 229x373) Image search: [Google]
stormie.jpg
24 KB, 229x373
>>8901213

I did it, m8s. I'm now in the 501st.
>>
>>8911786
grats anon
>>
>>8905465
Be my gf and ill buy you all that shit , if you let me fug u while wearing it ofc
>>
>>8911790
Thank you!
>>
File: 1456006860278.jpg (25 KB, 250x371) Image search: [Google]
1456006860278.jpg
25 KB, 250x371
>tfw entire family are devout baptists
>tfw you can never live out you brolita dreams

I know i know (its your life anon blah blah blah) but i also run a company i started up and if my family/relatives or god my fucking employees ever found pics of me in lolita i...dont even want to imagine it.

Feels bad familia.
I just go on this board and lurk all you degenerates in your beautiful coords
>>
>>8911813
Iktf... I'm not a guy but have a career where I might be fucked if someone found out I wear cosplay and j-fash. Right now I just try not to post my face/real name. I think all the time about stopping but I enjoy it too much
>>
>>8911786
Way to go!
(I'm the anon who asked you who you were working on last thread)
>pic related; it me
>....and you? sorry buddy
>inb4 clone wars vs classic, the ~~essence~~ is the same
>>
>>8910691
Thank you! 2010-2012 I went from 200lbs to 118 but over the past couple years I dropped my old gym, figured fuck it, and stopped trying. Hopefully this time I keep it together. I wasn't even into lolita at my thinnest which is such a disappointment.
>>
>>8911831
Man, if clone armor wasn't more difficult/expensive to come buy then I'd have a set of that too.

Good luck!
>>
File: 1455460147124.png (230 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1455460147124.png
230 KB, 500x359
>>8911830
Doesnt it make you feel old too?
>i like this thing
>but cant do this thing because responsibility/reputation/career

I just want to be a teenager again that doesnt give a shit

Im only 24 but i feel like ive been shutoff from so many things due to being a man/not looking the part of someone whod be into "that" stuff

>you will never see or be part of a teaparty as a brolita because you MUST be a pervert just trying to sleep with the other lolitas.

Life is suffering
>>
>>8911866
I guess we could just be lonelitas. I'll probably have to do that soon for my own good. Right now I'm in a comm and I really like them but I don't want to use Facebook anymore, especially since it has the facial recognition software and stuff. It's too bad lacebook is shit, that would solve my problems if I could use a totally fake name
>>
>>8911291
Everything passes. Time is the great healer senpai, get right back on your horse and get shit done
>>
>>8911879
>lonelitas

Holy shit i chuckled pretty hard, i want to join a comm but my area doesnt really have shit and i dont want to have to travel to toronto all the time
>>
>sending white day gifts out tomorrow
>overspent x3
>neither of the people who have me have said much or commented about posting
>all I can think of is how much I wish I had sighed up for more people

It's so much fun even though i'm nervous about flakes ; ;
>>
>tfw your friends circlejerk w/ their other friends right in front of you, ignoring you completely and gushing over eachother for hours

I don't know. I think I'm just petty. But it's almost every con now where I'm getting abandoned because so and so is so pretty and aren't they such a good cosplayer? It's probably just that I have bad social skills or am generally salty but I digress. I think from now on I'll just go to cons with friends I have from highschool. They can be flakey sometimes, but at least I know they're genuine and aren't starving for cosfame.
>>
>>8911793
How much do you make a month
>>
>meet another cosplayer at school
>she's cute and nice and I don't have many cosplay friends so it's nice to meet someone else
>she gives me her Facebook page so I can see her cosplays
>fake koreaboo name
>many, many lingerie photos dating back to when she was around 17-18
>very few (although well-made) cosplays
>lots of pandering to men (;), flirty comments, innuendos, cleavage and panty photos) despite that she has a bf
>openly catty towards other cosplayers
>shits on lolitas nonstop irl despite that I'm a cosplayer and lolita
>"you're too nice to be a lolita, anon."
>why couldn't you have just been someone who would share my enjoyment of making costumes
>>
>>8912003
If i had a harem i could afford 3-4 lolitas habits each month , greedy ones.
Depends how hot they are though. I could tell you my netw but thatll just be put off as >e-stats
>>
>>8912003
5k on bad months, 7-9k on good.
>>
>>8909960
T&B is one of my favorite anime as well, I'd seriously recommend Gargantia. It's such a feels intensive and plot twisty show like T&B. Good luck anon, fill that void!
>>
>>8912086
>>8912099
All the guys who say this shit are shit talkers desu.
>tfw I just want to be a house wife and raise kids while wearing cute dresses.
>>
>"friend" is a pathological liar
>i literally don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth
>says she works for a big video game company
>then 5 minutes later complains about how she doesn't have a job or money for cosplay
>says she makes all her cosplays
>i know the exact ebay stores she got them from because either i have that cosplay or know someone that does
>brags about how she's friends with certain cosfamous people
>brags about how she friends with one of the directors/artists of the video game company she "works for" and that he personally asked her to host an ask panel

i could honestly go on and on about her bullshit. i'm getting so sick of it. and the worst part is no one fucking believes me. they all buy into her lies. i've lost friends because they think i'm just a jealous hating bitch, because how could someone so sweet and kind, someone with a horrible illness, be so evil! i'm just waiting for the day she slips up big time and everyone finally learns the truth.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>8912112
This sounds word for word like an old narcissist I was friends with, down to faking an illness and lying about literally every aspect of her life. She was playing seven men and one woman at the same time (and those are just the ones I was aware of). As soon as I caught on to her, she slandered me and screamed. Jesus people are fucking scary. I lost all our mutual friends because they are god damned idiots. They dumped me and the one girl despite the fact that she literally beat the poor thing in front of them while claiming to have a terminal heart condition that made it "impossible" for her to make her own cosplays or pay for them.
>>
Has anyone experienced buying dresses/blouses only to find that they don't very good when tried on multiple times in a row? I don't know if it's just because they don't look good on me style-wise or if I'm wearing the wrong blouse with them. I feel like I'm wasting my money at this point.
>>
>>8912186

I don't get it. Do you mean you keep buying multiple dresses and multiple blouses from multiple places and none of them look good on you and you can't figure out why, or do you mean there's a brand/person you keep commissionining from and the fit is just bad no matter how much you try to troubleshoot each order, or do you mean you can't figure out what flatters your figure, or....?
>>
>best friend does lolita
>pretty close to my old boss and his gf, who hosts the local meets
>I'm a shota af male but I appreciate the fashion
>all the girls in the local gaming and nerd stuff see aforementioned best friend and bosses gf being pretty
>decide they want to be pretty too
>always showing me shitty eBay dresses and revealing lingerie shit that says "lolita"
>try to tell them that's not Lolita and is sort of offensive to the actual fashion
>no one listens
>>
>>8912294
>shota af male
and i'm a loli af female uguu >u<
>>
>>8912298
Yeah! No one ironically uses Japanese words on a website almost entirely about Japanese sub cultures on a sub board about Japanese fashion! You sure are a much better person than that poster, golly gee!
>>
>>8912306
i'm sure his peepee is very cute :3 it makes people showing him sexy lingerie pics more naughty XD
>>
>>8912308
It's because it's spring break, isn't it.
>>
>>8912308
>>8912312
Probably but I'm not gonna deny my adorable peepee

>>8912306
Thanks for sticking up I guess but I'm not really bothered by summerfags/summerfag ewuivelants
>>
>>8912317
you combined two major /cgl/ pet peeves: announcing you are male when it has nothing to do with your point, and claiming to look like a cute child (which also has nothing to do with anything).

just paint a bullseye on your back next time, newfriend.
>>
>>8911866
I feel this. I've always been into more traditionally masculine things with the exception of jfash and it's awkward as hell being the only girl in the room and having people assume I'm just there to find a man. I always feel like I missed out big time and like the whole culture around playing vidya with your friends is something I can watch on the internet but can never really be part of myself.
>>
>>8912186
Learn your measurements and the shape that suits you ? I bought several Baby blouses and they were lovely but made my look frumpy. Thank god for IW's S size and custom-made taobao
>>
>>8912099
>thinking 5k a month is enough to afford being a sugar daddy

>>8912086
So how much a month?
>>
>>8911786
Congrats!
>>
>tfw i'm an actress and get cast in a physically intense show.
>super busy on top of day job and class
>get sick, can't bear to eat regular meals, unable to miss work or class.
>thin enough as it is
>lose a lot of fat in face and an inch or two off waist
>can fit any brand release practically ever now
>but I look less pretty and like i've wasted away
>>
I've completely overhauled my life, I'm taking care of myself and losing weight. And really starting to like how I look again.

But I'm almost 30. And worried that if I cosplay some more revealing outfits I'll look like a desperate old attention whore.
>>
>>8912220
Yeah. I've bought from IW and various Taobao stores, too.

>>8912450
It's not the measurements. I know what they are.

Mainly, my two concerns are style and colors. For one, I want to get more colors in my wardrobe other than black and red. I know for a fact sweet lolita color schemes don't look good on me at all, but even when I go to classic lolita schemes like medium colors and muted colors, they don't suit me at well, either. Style wise, I've been trouble finding a decent white/ivory blouse. I have one that I use for more simple/toned down coords, but I've been having trouble finding a nicer one that suits me. One thing I've found is that blouses with large collars look frumpy on me, but sometimes, I feel like white/ivory blouses wash out my features overall.

tl;dr I'm still figuring out what flatters me in lolita overall. Guess I'll just stick to strictly gothic lolita. Polite sage for rambling.
>>
>>8912685

30 is the new 20, just go for it. And just think, you're not going to get any younger, so now is the time if there will ever be one! I think it's better to have done a cosplay you want then to wait until it's REALLY too late to pull it off and regret it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.