[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1406230080739.jpg (37 KB, 286x399) Image search: [Google]
1406230080739.jpg
37 KB, 286x399
Old one in autosage >8887848

Post feels.
>>
I found a figma they don't make anymore for a great price only to notice I left my wallet on my passenger seat when I was taking out cash for the parking. I was short by 15$ with the change left over from the entry ticket. As you can guess. When I got back it was gone
>>
These are good feels but yesterday at work a girl came in dressed in a very nice quality Victorian blouse, nice riding pants, and boots. She was essentially almost halfway to an ouji coord. So of course I complimented her outfit and she got really excited and thanked me.

A few minutes after that she came back and asked me if I knew the inspiration of her outfit so of course I said ouji because that's what it looked like (later she explained it was Sweeney Todd related). She gave me that normalfag look of confusion and I explained that it was a Japanese fashion similar to she was wearing. IMMEDIATELY she goes to write it down, asking me how to spell it, etc.

I guess it just made me really happy to see someone be so enthusiastic so quickly. I hope she joins the fashion and my comm because we could use a decent ouji.
>>
>>8893541
Do you live in Japan? Bootleg figma are very common elsewhere so you might have dodged a bullet. Which figma is it?
>>
>>8893541
Just buy it from Mandarake online. They usually have a good selection, good quality and nice prices if you don't mind a tiny scratch on the box.

Which figma did you want to buy?
>>
>>8893555
That's good to hear anon.
>>
>be lone lolita
>pretty sure no comms in/near my area
>I've only seen one lolita in my city and it was years ago
>be walking home from work
>flounce of a petticoat catches my eye
>gets hopes up
>ita
>>
>>8893639
Which city are you in anon?
>>
Why do all the comms in my state have to be filled with landwhale weeb itas. I hate Ohio.
>>
>>8893648
Birmingham, West Midlands!
>>
>>8893564
>>8893615
[spoiler]Christmas drossel[/spoiler]
>>
File: 12465.jpg (27 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
12465.jpg
27 KB, 256x365
>>8893660
Is it this one? I am not familiar with the character so I just searched on MFC and then Mandarake. It's on Mandarake for less than 2000 yen. Not sure if it's the right version though.
order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1014581242&ref=list
Or just search the Japanese name in Mandarake. It pops up there once in a while for cheap. I hope that helps!
>>
File: vomitoon.jpg (28 KB, 457x510) Image search: [Google]
vomitoon.jpg
28 KB, 457x510
>at the mall today w/ Panda Express
>see sweet lolita leave Yankee Candle
>don't want to abandon my food and say hi
>moments later, she gone
>>
>>8893472
Are you me? At 26, I feel like I've devoted my entire life to art, and I'm still bad.

I feel like I push myself too hard, but also like I'm a lazy time-waster. It's frustrating.

>>8893123
Ooh, I think I know who you're talking about. You in the Georgia area?
>>
>>8893658
Inshallah
>>
>>8893778
fucking kek
>>
>>8893679
Oh man this is my first time hearing about this site! They have a ton of shit I'm tempted to make a big order of figures and stuff instead of a closet child order. How much is the shipping usually on this site? Is it a set amount or by weight? I looked up some reviews but can't find anything about that.
>>
My best friend every year says that next year she'll have the time/money for better cosplays. But every year something comes up. Last year her dad passed away a 2 months before the convention and she was so behind in her costume that she missed a day and a half of the con because she wanted to finish her costume. At least this year she realized she's going to be too busy to work on anything and is considering commissions.
>>
>>8893877
Why does your friend not having a costume bother you so much? Also if her dad died last year then I'm not surprised she wasn't in the right place to finish it on time.
>>
>>8893911
She's talented enough to make really good costumes and I totally don't blame her for being busy and not making her costumes a priority. But we were talking today and she sounded really upset that she just can't even try to make one this year. I'm also living 500 miles away so I can't come over and help her like I used to in high school.
>>
>>8893935
Ah fair enough, that's a shame.
>>
I want to move out of my parents house but know that if I did I'd no longer have the money for lolita so I've been putting it off. Hopefully someday I'll find a job that pays more than 4$ an hour.
>>
>>8893555
>mfw all you want is to meet someone this excited about Jfashion
>>
>>8893762
>You in the Georgia area?
Oh yeah, you know who I'm talking about.
>>
>making a pair of fairy wings for con
>made 3 patterns, finally got a good one
>made practice set with shitty test wire
>worked well, time for the final version
>wings somehow are way smaller than test wings
How. I just. Why? Cut up my thumb for baby wings.
>>
>>8893989
>$4 an hour

Are you a waitress, anon?
>>
>>8894062

Doubt it unless anon is either getting seriously screwed over by her bosses/doesn't work for a decently busy restaurant considering the bank that servers can make on tips.
>>
>>8893873
By weight, like almost every Japanese site. EMS is reasonable, but they offer SAL as well.

If you order from more than one location, there's a processing fee of 500yen to consolidate, so try to get items that are all from the same shop front if you can.
>>
>>8893658
East Midlands lolita here, I feel this on a very deep level.
>add a lolita on facebook after she posted on tpc about being in my city
>ita but I try helping
>she's kind of rude in conversation anyway
>decide to let it be
Fuck it, I'll let you wear your cat ears and choker with your bodyline dress. Lonelita forever, probably
>>
>>8894080
I just can't think of any other job that offers $4 an hour, considering that is way below minimum wage for the country.
>>
>>8894390
I'm a delivery driver and I make $5 an hour. Holy fuck anon where the hell do you work?
>>
>>8894429
Not them but the American minimum wage seems to be $7.25 so anything below that should be a red flag/illegal. Over here the minimum wage converts to $10 USD but stuff is stupidly expensive.
>>
>>8894510
Servers can get paid less than minimum because they get tips. It's shitty, but legal.
>>
>>8894514
Right. We don't have tipping here but I've seen people post about experiences with it before. They always post that image which is like "fuck you if you don't tip" but in my mindset I would only ever do such a thing if I liked the meal and then that money should be going to who made it.
>>
>>8894510
I am an American. Rarely do I see anything below $5 an hour when tipping is involved, hence why I asked.
>>
>>8894429
that seems so low, and you guys can't possibly be the same currency. Where do you live?
>>
>>8894565
They just said in the post above you. And they asked the previous anon where they lived who hasn't responded yet.
>>
File: tableflip2.gif (12 KB, 152x147) Image search: [Google]
tableflip2.gif
12 KB, 152x147
>friends want cosplay advice from me
>give them examples of good and bad execution
>they don't see why bad examples are so bad
>"anon, you have to give them credit for trying!"
>mfw
>>
>loli group of friends that rotate car pooling for meets
>awesome sauce
>this one girl trying to infiltrate so hard but she's ignorant and rude af
>she is 'scared' of any road above 55 mph despite having a driver's license for at least 2 years now
>she keeps group messaging us the day before a meet
>"Hey, I NEED a ride to the meet tomorrow guys"
>sure you do
>we all dread being trapped in the car with her because she's pretty much the shattered lightbulb of the pack and you just opened the box and now you have to pick up all the goddamn pieces

But there was this one time:
>I am driver for the next meet
>she messages everyone but me
>everyone purposely plays silent goose on her
>lightbulb shards dodged
>>
>>8894627
its because newfags dont get the beauty or the art or the dedication senpai
>>
File: 1447575113535.jpg (421 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1447575113535.jpg
421 KB, 720x576
feels when I started a new really strict skincare routine to cure my back, arm and chest acne in the new year; I get good results and start getting excited and make a backless, bare armed cosplay only to have it come back EVEN WORSE and on my once clear face after getting the contraceptive rod put in, on top of that also getting thicker body hair...everywhere. Pretty much ruining all of my cosplay dreams
>>
>Go to schools entrace exam
>There is at least these people:
>Gothic lolita
>Might-be-lolita
>Steampunk lady
>Anime gal wearing AoT hoodie
>Cat-eared ita
>Pass the exams
>Never see any of them again
>>
>Starts Lolita comm.
>Buncha people join (All nice, friendly).
> Happy at first but then realizes no one owns or buys Lolita stuff. Ever.
> Group insists they "identify" as Lolita
>Sits at 10+ people gatherings and is the only one in Lolita for two + years running.
>>
>>8894663
Shit. There was a girl just like that in my old comm. She also claimed to have back problems, so driving farther than 30 minutes was impossible without breaks, and she HAD to drive long distances, to make sure we didn't go on highways. Drove/rode with her in the car twice, then never again.
>>
File: tumblr_n3ucgfLGK51rf47bao1_500.gif (1006 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3ucgfLGK51rf47bao1_500.gif
1006 KB, 500x250
one of my friends bought and sent me an accessory i've wanted for ages for my birthday, and i'm so super happy that someone cares for me as much as she does
am buying some stuff now to send her as thanks, but i don't know if it'll convey how much i appreciate her
>>
File: 1440096754169.jpg (112 KB, 903x506) Image search: [Google]
1440096754169.jpg
112 KB, 903x506
>>8893639
iktf
>only lolita in my immediate area as far as I know, nearest lolita in our regional comm is an hour away by train
>at uni
>see something that looks like a lolita silhouette
>aww yisss potential lolita friend at uni
>move over to the window to get a better look
>nope
>green pixie cut sticking out under cat-ear headband
>particularly nasty-looking BxW Bodyline coat with bunny ears
>some sort of furry tail sticking out from under it
>pink fishnets
>actual clown shoes?
>someone noticed me looking, looks too
>"Should I page the psychiatric unit to tell them a patient escaped?"
>>
File: whirr.gif (372 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
whirr.gif
372 KB, 280x210
>>8893735
Happened to me about 3 years ago too, anon.

>Headed to the mall in the early evening for some late shopping, just wearing a t-shirt and one of Bodyline's cute casual non-lolita skirts + Bodyline shoes
>In the distance, see a lovely slim figure in a mint and white coord w/ a parasol, seems to be walking from the bus stop + headed towards nearby apartments
>Why did I wear these godforsaken Bodyline shoes, can't run, too far away to call out to her
>Finally reach the intersection, it's too late, she's vanished into the sunset

I tried both Tumblr and the local comm Facebook page, nobody came forward as her or knows of any lolita who lives in this area. I haven't seen her again. A mystery to this day.
>>
>>8893658
I feel your pain.
>>
>>8894774
Top fucking kek.
>>8894781
Do any of them own lolita/'lolita' yet? Also, wow, I feel so bad for you.
>>
>>8894781
>Group insists they "identify" as Lolita
No matter how often I come across this I can never wrap my mind around it. What does that even mean? How can one "identify" as a fashion style? You can be a fan/appreciator of a fashion style without wearing it yourself, that's fine, but if you don't wear it you're not an actual part of it. Baffling.
>>
>>8894965
You need to sew some lace on the hem of your heart and wear a tiara on your soul, anon. The great Saint Novala-sama says so.
>>
>>8894368
I wouldn't mind travelling around the midlands for meets if there was a Midlands comm!
It sucks that the only close-ish comm atm is Tea Party Club in London.
>>
>order from Lolita Desu
>week later, still hasn't shipped
>starting to even doubt my purchases at this point
>>
Nah. And I can't make heads or tails of it. They aren't poor (not rich) but there's no forward momentum. In two years. I could really understand if it was a money problem but I've shown them everything I can in terms of Tao Bao and Bodyline and it's still... Stagnant.
>>
>>8893475
>Have so many ideas for cute dresses
>Can only hand-sew and mediocre at best
>Any dresses will turn out automatically shit due to low skill-level
>>
File: lolifeels.png (164 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
lolifeels.png
164 KB, 500x461
>tfw look super cute in your schoolgirl uniform
>tfw you can't wear it because male, and way too tall to be a trap

Guess I'll just keep admiring myself in the mirror.
>>
>>8895001
I have ordered from them recently. It takes about 3-5 days for them to ship anything out, so I guess that wait is normal.
>>
I had a dream I was an ita

>go to convention
>forgot to wear legwear
>forgot petticoat
>forgot parasol (which I know isn't a make it or break it item but I like having it)
>using normalfriend bag
>frizzy unstyled hair
>random lolitas laughing and calling me ita

>also forgot my kigu so I won't be comfy at night

what a nightmare ;_;
>>
>>8895081

>doesn't understand dress construction
>thinking they can design actual dresses

Hate to burst your bubble anon but this is exactly why anime lolitas translate to such itas in real life.

Unless you're talking about only illustrating a dress, in which case I think you can reach out to Haenuli or some other indie brand and see if you can work out a collab. Assuming your illustration skills aren't shit, of course.
>>
>>8894627
Lucky most my students are as mean as I am.
>>
>>8895088
Show your cuteness online anon, I support you!
>>
One of my friends thinks I just have money so I can dump it into a con she wants to attend. I do have more available funds than her but it's because I attend half as many cons and I dont blow of work to go. If I asked her last minute to ditch work and spend a bunch of money she would think I was being overly demanding though. I wouldn't be so annoyed if she could just see that she's being hypocritical. And I'm worried she just wants me to be her ride.
>>
>>8895172
I had a dream the other night about being in a fashion show my comm was hosting

>given a lead role in the beginning of the show
>for some reason I am incredibly late
>Miss the whole fashion show and arrive at the end
>all of a sudden con attendees and weebs take over the stage
>fashion show is ruined

I think I am stressing myself out over nothing
>>
>tfw doing group costume of five identical uniforms
>tfw one friend says he searched online for fabric in the color we need and couldn't find it
>tfw the one with the most free time so offer to try dyeing
>tfw spend three days and at least twenty five bucks on materials to find perfect shade
>tfw just out of curiosity look online for a suitable fabric
>tfw exactly what we need comes up in one google search
>tfw are you fucking kidding me

I'm more put out over the loss of time and the fact that I can't trust the other people in this group to do something as simple as find fabric. And annoyed at myself for trusting someone else to do a good job without verifying it on my own.
>>
File: 1421262346313.png (131 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1421262346313.png
131 KB, 300x200
>find my dream dress in sales
>ask the seller that i'm interested
>seller tells me to be in touch soon
>two days pass
>post a comment expressing interest
>nothing
>week later, seller sends me a message
>tell the seller i'm still interested and need proof photos
>two days pass
>send a message to the seller saying i'm still interested
>nothing

I haven't heard much since then. Is it time to give up hope or do I need to keep messaging the seller? The seller is highly trustworthy and a KA.
>>
File: 1439583558432.png (70 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1439583558432.png
70 KB, 400x400
>finally get lolita friend after two years of being a lonelita
>both wear same substyle
>add eachother on facebook
>she starts sending me links to dresses
>"anon this would look so cute on you!"
>am broke, thank her and say "maybe next month"
>"why not now? You need this"
>"because I'm broke, anon"
>"but you'd look so cute"
>"I seriously can't afford a new dress right now"
>"but anon it's totally your thing!!!"
>"sweetie I'm really broke, if I buy this I can't eat for a week"
>"BUT ANON"

I love her, but good god she keeps doing this.
>>
>>8895304
Maybe she thinks you have a credit card.
>>
>>8895306
Nah, she knows I have a shitty job. It makes it a little more annoying too.
>>
>>8895304
She probably has either never been in your situation (not having much disposable income) or she has people that have always bailed her out when she put herself in a shitty situation because of poor financial decisions.
>>
>>8895293
They may just be super busy right now, or just not checking their computer for whatever reason.
>>
File: lolishock.jpg (39 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
lolishock.jpg
39 KB, 700x393
What's with all these amazing cosplayers being like 16-20? I couldn't cosplay for shit at that age. I barely can now.
>>
>>8895414
The skillset of the western cosplay community has increased greatly since we (I'm in my mid 20s idk about you) were teenagers. Kids starting cosplay in the last few years have way better resources and materials than we did at that age. So don't beat yourself up about it.
>>
>College student
>First semester of this year, roommate and I are friends. Friendly atmosphere in room. We talk to each other, but also have time to be quiet and not bother each other. Do social stuff with a mutual group of friends. I'm a bit of a ghost because of my major, but they know it's because I'm busy, and I am happy when I do get to see them.
>We hang out with that friend group again the weekend before school starts again after winter break
>After that weekend, things get quiet. Roommate and I don't talk much, none of that friend group really includes me in stuff. Don't receive snapchats from them
>Roommate tells me she wants to live with her other friend, is amiable. She mentions asking that friend if she'd be down with me living in a quad with them.
>Other friend from outside main group tells me about an alleged lolita roommates meetup on campus (I don't know any lolitas at my school personally, but we live in a big city so it's not surprising that more would be here)
>aww yeah, a lolita roommate would be awesome. We can have a kawaii apartment.
>ask friend again days later after she didn't get back to me with details
>"oh yeah anon, let me ask"
>radio silence
>"hey, do you wanna just put me in contact with the person who told you about the meet?"
>"sorry anon, they said it was just a word of mouth thing so there's no official event or anything."
>still have heard nothing from current roommate about living with her + her friend (they would share a room in a quad apartment, I would share a bedroom with a rando or friend I manage to find)
> tfw no lolita roommate for next year, no college friends for potential roommates. I have lots of friends in my city but no friends in my school, just acquaintances in my classes.
>>
>tfw NEET

I hate it, the only people I've seen since I became one are those from my direct family, I have no friends and I can barely get out of bed each day.

I want to go to cons again but I don't know anyone in the scene anymore, and I don't want to walk around alone, but if I don't go then I'll be sure not to see anyone else but direct family for at least another 6 months.
>>
What Ss will let me order from rakuten and pay by debit, and not ship via EMS?
FJ requires a cc or PayPal and I have neither.
>>
>>8895584
why can't you use your debit card as a credit card?

why not sign up for PayPal?
>>
>>8894522
As a waitress in a country that doesn't tip much, I think surely it depends. The restaurant I work at doesn't do fresh food, it's all microwaved stuff, so if the chef was getting my tip I'd be pretty pissed. If the chefs were making fresh, good quality food, then fine, but the server is usually the person who makes the dining experience good or bad.

OT, so some related feels

>ordered a bunch of stuff
>the constant anxiety that it's lost or I've got customs is KILLING ME
>>
>>8894975
I think there's midlolis or something, but I'm too chicken to join a comm by myself honestly. Also I assume you have to join on Facebook and mine is super normie because I have coworkers on there.
Come to my city! We desperately need more lolitas
>>
>>8895590
Says in the FJ faq that they can't refund debits

And I don't want to because it's crappy and I've had bad experiences with it
>>
>Keep planning cons
>Friends love cons
>Want to go to anime cons because i don't read comics anymore
>Friends exclusively go to comic book and general nerd culture cons
>Always lame as shit and full of juggalos
>try and plan a con with them this year
>They've all already planned one
>C2E2
>Last time i was there, they had a shooting right below our hotel because lol never relax
>also the con was invaded by the horned rimmed glasses crowd
>Want to go to anime expo
>They all say no
>This was october
>Fast forward to march
>Everyone's dropped out of C2E2 because of family problems, costumes not ready, etc
>Nobody still wants to go to AX with me
>Going it alone again

I mean, i can understand none of them want to go to miku expo. none of them like vocaloid. yeah alright. But none of them read any comics, all they watch is anime.

Can't force a horse to drink i guess, but being outgoing is fucking exhausting.
>>
>>8895168
Thanks anon, I guess I'm just getting antsy.
>>
>>8895634
You can be a fan of anime and not be a fan of anime conventions. Are your friends older? I know that the crowds at anime conventions tend to be young and that can be off putting to some people.

I hope you can find friends who want to go with you.
>>
>>8895706
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i';m too old for cons and to be dressing up.

i'm the oldest, i'm 28, my other 4 friends are 24-27.
>>
>>8895736
I turn 27 next month, and I do worry about this stuff, but I don't feel too old for cons.

I didn't discover cosplay until I was 23, so I've got lost time to make up for.
>>
My boyfriend calls me dressing up in lolita to try on coords "playing dress up"
Is this age play?
>>
>>8895880
I call it playing dress up to myself as a joke and occasionally it slips when talking to others, and I'm so scared they think Im an age player or think the fashion is a costume whoops
>>
>>8894368
Other East Midlands Loli

>Be in local com
>Everyone decent jumps ship
>Jump ship because all that is left is itas with /problems/ who are clingy and hard to get away from
>See unrecognised loli in wild
>Want to run up to her and warn her not to join the com.
>Am dressed in normie
>She'll think I'm a crazy normie
>Decide to let her fend for herself
>God be with her
>>
>>8895853
never too old for cons. I went to a con last year where I shit you not, the average age was probably around 28. People were well into their 50s cosplaying, running kink panels, partying, and having the time of their life. Go to a sci fi or comic convention sometime
>>
>>8895736
Aw, I didn't mean to say you were too old! I'm turning 25 next month and still cosplay and go to cons, but I'm definitely with your friends, I'd much rather go to a comic convention than an anime one. Its possible that they just feel more comfortable with cons that have an older demographic, like >>8895892 said.
>>
>>8895884
It's weird cause he cosplays but.. I guess they're just too different or something and he doesn't get it.
>>
>>8894062
>>8894514
Bingo!
>>8894080
>>8894565
Yeah I wait tables. Tipped minimum wage in Wyoming (and georgia, I believe?) is still less than $3. Counting tips I can make up to about $12/hour but that's only if I'm working the dinner rush or there's some sort of local event. The place I work for basically gets free labor and I hate it.
>>
>>8893658
Anon, I'm from Birmingham. The last time I saw a lolita was in the Pallasades back in 2008, so I know how you feel! I'm not a lolita (but do other j-fashion) and I've never found another j-fashion friend here ;~;
>>
>>8893735
I've never in my life seen lolita in the wild.

That was a unicorn situation you just witnessed.
>>
>>8896482
Maybe it's because I live in a big and fairly trendy city, but it's not really that rare of an occurrence for me. I get more excited when I can spot lolitas when they're in full normalfag mode.
>>
File: 1419438891218.png (126 KB, 240x242) Image search: [Google]
1419438891218.png
126 KB, 240x242
I'm currently building one of my best friends a rider helmet of his favorite rider for his birthday.
I hope he'll like it even though it's not perfect.
I can't wait to see the big fucking smile on his face.
>>
>>be a cosplayer living in a major city, where you would think there would be lots of cosplayers
>>have trouble finding any meetups, unless it's comic book related
>>the only cosplayers in the city I know are too "geek chic" and only hang out with each other/other wannabe famous cosplayers
>>TFW all I want are local cosplay friends
>>
>decide to go to a con for the first time
>buy weekend tickets for full experience
>find nice affordable apartment right next to convention
>split the price between three other people
>super excited, decide to get a cosplay commissioned for that weekend
>just found out unrelated event i attend with my sister falls on same weekend
>want to see friends and enjoy con but family comes first, so i have to back out
i'm super bummed out. the tickets are non refundable so i've lost £50. hopefully roommate gets back to me soon and gives me back my share of the apartment.
i'd rather go to the event with my sister that month though, considering it's once a year unlike these conventions. i do feel bad for letting my friends down, but there are opportunities to see them later this year so it isn't all bad.
>>
>>8895616
Me too! Destined to be lonelita forever. What city are you in?

>>8896404
The last one I saw was at a Vintage Fair five years ago! What j-fash are you into?
>>
>been in comm a few years now
>on good terms with most members, but don't feel super buddybuddy close to anyone
>can count on one hand how many of their homes I've visited/boyfriends I've met
>not a lot of common ground outside of lolita
>don't really hang out much outside of meets, rarely have gone to other personal, non-lolita gatherings
>never really felt this too deeply though
>new comm member joins a few months ago
>start talking to her and another girl outside of meets recently because she asked for help with planning a big comm tea party in August
>new comm member asks me how to become better friends with people in the comm
>wants to make more friends and isn't sure how
>gets really offended when I say I don't really know how to make friends beyond just seeing them at meets
>ask around a bit to see wtf is going on and why she'd ask this of me in particular

According to some people in the comm, I'm the center of several cliques or another, and best friends with everyone? And I'm really confused, because I don't see most of these girls I'm supposed to be bffs with outside of lolita meets. I'm just friendly with everyone at meets, and that's about it. I can't tell if I'm being made fun of, or if somehow, people really think I'm some secret social butterfly.
>>
>>8896902
At least it's better than people clocking in on your social autism, anon
Take it from me, at least there's a chance someone will want to be your friend
>>
>>8896702
I mostly like dolly kei, which is dead as a doorknob. So my chances of finding similar people are exactly zero lmao. Just want cute friends to root around vintage fairs with ;~;

I do like some of the pastely shit from Listen Flavor and stuff tho so I sometimes get compliments from the emos at Blue Banana.
>>
>tfw you liked her page because she was hot
>she is actually talented and posts impressive stuff
>tfw you feel guilty
>>
>>8895555
I know this feel anon. I have only had one real conversation with my roommate this whole semester and I dont really have any friends here that I hang out with outside of class aside from my boyfriend's friends but I know they wouldn't really hang out with me if I didn't have my boyfriend. I never really wear j-fashion to class but I'm thinking of wearing lolita to class a few times just to maybe attract the attention of other Lolitas or weebs who i might be able to be friends with but I know this probably won't work the way I play it out in my head. At least I can live with my sister next semester.
>>
>parents are disowning me so i have 2 months to pack up and move out
>rent in my city is crazy expensive (upwards of $1800/mo if I live alone in a bad neighborhood with high crime rate)
>no car
>I only make $1000/mo
>have to sell all of my cosplays, burando, figures, etc. to fund all of this
>I don't get any furniture or anything. It's a "pack what you can and get out" deal.
>My parents' reasoning? My mom's ultra rich friend bought her daughter a penthouse apartment in NYC so her daughter is living on her own now.
>Said daughter dropped out of NYU to bum off of her parents and does "secretary" work at their family law firm (aka sitting around and occasionally putting some papers away).
>So my parents think it's perfectly reasonable to toss me out too... except with no multi-million dollar apartment nor no money for anything.
>I'm a full-time student but I'll have to drop out now because they aren't going to pay for my tuition anymore either.

I already asked my friends if I can sleep on their couch until I find a place. One guy did say yes but their dorm needs a keycard to enter so I can't freely leave and re-enter unless he's there to let me in. Better than nothing, though!
>>
>>8897093
Have you tried reasoning with your parents, anon? The situation sounds ridiculous. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>8895942
Time to read up on server laws.
I think it's federal, but you need to make sure--law last time I checked is that if you do not make enough tips for minimum wage your boss has to pay you the difference. Keep records of your tips or even count it all in front of them at the end of the shift, make them aware of the laws and your knowledge of them. Don't let them get away with no paying you.
But always remain kind and respectful about it.
>>
>>8897093
Consider moving to somewhere cheaper? Also, awful parents
>>
>>8897093

>tfw irresponsible adults like this are allowed to raise kids

I'm sorry anon. You're not the unreasonable one here. That's fucked up.
>>
>tfw you look up your dream dresses on instagram to look at some worn inspo
>multiple people wearing replica dresses tagged as angelic pretty

I'm appalled how many people shamelessly act/tag their posts pretending that they have the real thing, when it's obviously not. For example, dead giveaways for the MRC replica are that the bodice buttons are much closer together, and the skirt wrinkles really easily.
>>
>>8897093
What the fuck. How do they not understand the difference
>>
File: 1452197487518.gif (550 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1452197487518.gif
550 KB, 728x720
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who play the violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, piano, keyboard, harp, sax, trumpet, trombone, banjo, kazoo, ukelele, drums, or guitar
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who sing
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can DJ
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who may not be able to play music for any variety of reasons but I'm sure have good music taste anyway

You are the best. Just letting you know.
>>
>Start making embroidery again for upcoming con to try and get in the groove. As I've been out of the loop for sometime
>I inverted the colors on accident
>>
>>8894968
You leave Takemoto outta this
>>
>>8895431
Same thing with lolita too. It's great, aint it?
>>
Dear newfags: do not respond to any posts regarding the prestige of a musical instrument you may or may not play

Sage
>>
>>8897221
Be fair: just how many "I am a lolita at heart" itas has that bit of poetry spawned?
>>
>>8897240
What can I say? It was a simpler time back then.
>Just bought the Kamikaze Girls novel, and I cant wait for Emily to be re-released
>Just found out about a ton of lolita movies/media
>and I bought everything in the goth lolita store in TWEWY

I crave that lolita media
>>
>>8897250
That's perfectly fine, anon, the problem lies with people who think that consuming lolita-related media and having a "lolita mindset" (whatever that is) is enough to make them a part of the fashion. Not to say that non-lolitas can't enjoy these things, it just doesn't make them lolitas unless they actually wear the clothes.
>>
>visit boyfriend's sister at her uni
>go to the mall
>sister points out a lolita
>kinda ita bodyline coordinate
>sister is excited to see it and asks my opinion
>give non answer because I can't bring myself to praise anything about this outfit
>wish I wasn't so judgemental in real life

I feel like a crotchety old person. Where did my enthusiasm for seeing anything even remotely related to my interests go?
>>
I used to be really into lolita. I fell in love with it back when I was a wee middle schooler just getting into anime and learning about jfash. I never bought anything because I never had money when a dress I wanted popped up or I spent it on things that were more important, like cosplays or school shit.

A while back, my friend gave me some of her bodyline and anna house dresses she no longer wanted (she turned into the fabled brand whore and refused to admit she had ever bought anything that wasn't AP). Trying them on and planning coords, I realized that I didn't like lolita as much anymore. They've just been gathering dust in my closet now.

I think I like the idea of lolita and I like seeing it on other people. But I don't think it's for me. I actually started experimenting with gyaru recently and I feel so good about myself. It's forced me to start learning how to style my hair better and gives me a chance to have fun with makeup. It's great.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with my meager lolita wardrobe. My friend doesn't want the dresses back, but she's the type who'll probably get pissy if I tried selling them or giving them away...
>>
>>8897324
Maybe ask her? Tell her that you want to do for another new lolita what she did for you, maybe. Pander to that bit of ego and say she inspired you to an act of kindness.
>>
>>8894713
anon most birth control will set off the bad acne flare ups anywhere from like 3 to 5 months just give it time!
>im purposefully waiting till after my next convention to start mine back up for this reason
>>
>>8896909
The way she responded made me super self-conscious, I guess. I consider people in my comm my friends, but not my bestest buddies on the whole planet yay! which is the impression people seem to have from the ones I've asked. And I'm now wondering if that makes me oblivious or socially awkward, that I didn't clue into people thinking our friendships were deeper than they are.

I'm okay with not being their closest bosom companions, so long as we all get along and enjoy meets. I have other friends outside of lolita I've known longer and better, so I don't lack friendships. I'm just confused about how the idea that I'm so close to people I barely know came about (or if, again, I'm being made fun of for the very reason that I'm NOT particularly close to anyone person in the comm).

TL;DR: Lolitas are either really clingy, or I'm oblivious to mockery, and I'm not sure which is worse.
>>
File: sad cat.gif (2 MB, 360x236) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.gif
2 MB, 360x236
I started cosplaying in 2010ish. I bought all my cosplays, didn't wear makeup, didn't mess with my wigs. I was pretty bad.

But I gradually improved. I learned the basics of makeup, got things tailored, spiced things up with props.

Nowadays, I've placed more emphasis on making my costumes and pieces, and going for more ambitious things. But at the same time, I feel like I haven't made as much progress as I should have considering how long I've been in the hobby. I have no sewing skills. I'm still super scared of styling wigs. I don't have faith in my contouring makeup. I don't have the abstract creativity that experienced cosplayers seem to have. I can scroll through my feed and see progress pics from people making amazing things with materials I never would have even thought of. I feel so foolish asking them questions, because the answer is often so simple and basic that I honestly should have thought of it on my own.

I feel like a cosplay failure, like I'm being left behind by people making actual progress.
>>
>>8897396
I still cannot manage props or anything beyond the most basic sewn costumes and wig styling after 4 years. Example: I want to do asuka kazama from tekken, can't figure out how to do the shinpads from scratch (will probably buy some sports ones and modify them), and my nonon cosplay from 2014 is still missing the shako hat and baton because I can't even figure those out.
>>
>>8894713
It'll be your body adjusting to the hormone release from the rod. Should settle in about 6 months.
>>
>>8897202

>no praise for lolitas who play the erhu

You may be my favorite shitposter but you fucked up.
>>
>>8897203
>embroidery
>out of the loop
I see what you did there anon
>>
>>8897409
Newfang here but how do you know who anon is when their name is anon just like everyone else's?
>>
I am very much regretting asking a friend to do a matching cosplay with me but have no way to get out of it without being an ass.
I originally planned to cosplay from a certain idol show by myself (lone cosplayer for life), but a friend took interest in the show and wanted to join since who doesn't love cutesy outfits?
Should have seen a red flag when she tried to get me to switch to a different character "so we can cosplay my fave ship~ uwu"
Ended up choosing a girl she ships with the one I'd decided on already, since that's the most important thing obviously.
Next up we have to choose an outfit. I'd already started gathering materials to make one of the casual-wear outfits from the show, but "sewing is harddddd, we should buy them online" (even though they can literally be made from basic shit you can find on ebay)
Originally she couldn't afford $50 for some outfits bodyline finally put up, but now she wants to buy some others from some shady taobao reseller for $180.
I've really been wanting to cosplay with friends for once but this is looking like more trouble than it's worth, especially since she might just flake out closer to the con.
>>
File: mwe.png (26 KB, 140x163) Image search: [Google]
mwe.png
26 KB, 140x163
I'm going to my first con in years and
>tfw I want to buy overpriced garbage but I'm really good at shopping online.
I know where I can find most of the shit for half the price if not less but the dealer room is just such a huge part of the experience..
>>
>>8897449
Because they're not a newfag. Music anon has been a regular for a while and keep adding new things to their copypasta.
>>
>>8896944
Ah that sucks! Find me anon!
>>
>>8897539
Totally know that feel. It's really easy to make the magic wear off when you start thinking about how all this stuff is $10 cheaper on taobao. Makes me kind of almost miss the days when it was much harder to find anime stuff besides at cons.
Look around at the artist alley for one thing, can't get cute handmade things on AE. Also think about stuff that it would be a pain to ship, like big plushies or heavy /breakable mugs. And maybe grab an official DVD of a series from a official vendor support the makers.
>>
I feel like I can never be close people or have a relationship because of how sensitive I am.
>>
>>8897535
If she doesn't respect you, then why should you respect her?
I think you need to trust your gut feeling and not cosplay with her.
Sure, cosplaying alone can blow but you should push yourself to meet new people.
She doesn't sound like a friend to me. Forget that nonsense.
>>
>>8896482
>>8896501
I went to NYC to visit family and saw a lone lolita dressed in Baby at the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. That's the first and only time I ever saw a lolita in the wild. I live in a southern/Bible Belt state.
>>
>>8897000
Why don't you initiate that next "real conversation" with your roommate? Just come in, flop on the bed with a groan, then say, "I'm having a rough time this semester." and make yourself vulnerable for a bit.
>>
>>8897093
Sounds like you have to have roommates.

Before you drop out, I really encourage you to tell your school what's going on. I was homeless for awhile and found out that my school offered emergency money for rent to students in trouble. If you're really pushy with the fin aid people, you may be able to find scholarships. My friend found out she no longer qualified for a scholarship she needed, but she emailed/called the fin aid person and they found another scholarship for the same amount and credited it to her account.

Best of luck, and really, use your school's resources. They usually have a ton of resources if you know where to look (that includes talking to your professors/department heads).
>>
>>8894975
There is a Midlands comm? Search Midlands lolitas on Facebook
>>
Just been hit with a £125 customs fee lads
Person I bought the items off didn't mark items down like I asked
>>
>>8897882
Ouch
My condolences
>>
I just found my first loliable item at a thrift store! I'm pretty proud of my find its a white blouse that has a rounded collar with lace along the collar and end of the sleeves. It does have some weird embroidery pattern going along the front but it's white and if I wear it under a jsk nobody will ever see it. It was 50 cents too since good will was having a sale on certain items. It'll probably be my "might get stained so wear cheap shit" lolita blouse. It's just such a good feeling finding good stuff for cheap at thrift stores!
>>
>>8894368
>>8895889

There are cool people in the East Midlands?!
>>
>>8897250
TWEWY?

Name this shit, anon. I've been looking for more stuff besides kamikaze girls and anime itas
>>
>>8898061
The world ends with you
>>
My friend is working on her first cosplay and making every newbie mistake you can think of. She picked a character that would be hard even for an experienced cosplayer to pull off, she's trying to use pre-bought everything, and she hasn't started working on it beyond ordering a bunch of clothes when Sakuracon is in less than 3 weeks. She's the kind of person who tends to get offended by people disagreeing with her or suggesting she do things a better way, and I'm torn between trying to help despite that and just letting her fail and learn from the experience.
>>
Doing my first AA in a long time and while I like what I'm selling, I'm super nervous. This is more of an indie comics kind of thing so I'm not dealing in fanart but I'm not exactly selling comics either. I'm scared my stuff will be too cutesy and won't sell. A former friend is also going to be there and I really just dont want to see him.

As for lolita feels, I lost a bunch of weight recently and now a lot of my dresses are too big for me. I have fixed feelings.
>>
>>8896482
>I've never in my life seen lolita in the wild.
One of my friends said this to me, we live in Portland and I saw one on the bus once and was telling him about it.

He said he saw a ton of them at chocolatefest though, but I think that goes outside "the wild"
>>
File: makocry.jpg (47 KB, 377x640) Image search: [Google]
makocry.jpg
47 KB, 377x640
>be best cosplay buddies with my little sister
>she moves away
>allbymyself.mp3

She'll be lolita'ing with her new bf this year.
>>
I'm in a super cool comm and everyone is super friendly, but I can't go to a lot of meets because of work (I've only be able to go to few meets). I talk to some of them on fb (just comments on things) but I can't shake the feeling that I'm slowly becoming odd to them because of my presence online but lacktherof in person.

I'll be freer when I start grad school in the fall but I'm worried it'll be too late to be really involved by then.
>>
File: Homuraakemimagicalgirl10.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Homuraakemimagicalgirl10.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>spent most of life super isolated
>because of this, have social issues and have trouble making friends/keeping them
>always see cosplayers on my social media feeds having jolly fun time with their friend groups
>tfw no cosplay pals
>>
>>8898423
are you me?? I have the same issue! :(
>>
>>8898423
Sounds like me a few years ago.

Check out local cosplay groups on Fb. Talk to people at cons. Cosplay is an amazing way to make friends.

>>8898352
>tfw no cosplay imouto

You'll see her again. How far away did she move? Sorry you miss your sis.
>>
File: such pain.jpg (23 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
such pain.jpg
23 KB, 500x288
>Move away from comm almost a year ago
>Barely dress up in frills since my only friends here are ones I met through my partner and they are super normies
>Know if I wore it in front of them I would be thoroughly judged
>Find one other lolita in my town
>Have nothing in common and barely talk
>solonely.jpg

This town has so many cafes. I just want to casually hang out in frills and talk about stupid stuff. Right now I'm surrounded by smelly gamer boys. I'm honestly almost tempted to go back to school to make friends my age. Though, I did see some girl at the mall with an Muchacha Ahcahcum tote and my hope was restored.
>>
>has 6 lolita events to go to in the next 4 weeks
>zero motivation to coord anything
>looks at wardrobe filled with dream dresses completely unphased, don't care
>significant other offers to buy lolita as a gift
>don't care even though there's still a few dresses on my wishlist I don't have
>don't care about anything right now

Idk what's wrong with me, I normally thrive when there's a lot of events going on. Plus I just got one of my ultimate dream dresses. It's not that I don't love it, or any of my other pieces, I'm just....uninspired right now and it really blows.
>>
Anybody have any convention speed dating stories?

Good, bad, I don't care. I've just never met anyone in person who's actually participated in the whole thing.
>>
>>8898697
I went to a con that had that. It ended with some girl sobbing as loud as she could in the hall. Got no attention, lol.
>>
File: bqF9Ldc.png (160 KB, 260x378) Image search: [Google]
bqF9Ldc.png
160 KB, 260x378
>tfw thinish but tall
>dress I really want keeps getting reduced
>not sure if it would look good on me because of the cut
>old piece and also an OP
>had issues with every brand OP I've gotten in the past
>but this one is super fucking cute
>seller is already having a rough time selling it, I would be afraid of taking a loss selling if it didn't fit

Why does this happen. I figure it'll fit fine because I'm in the lowest range of measurements, but then the bodice ends up being way too short.
I guess maybe if it hits a super low price, I'll just go for it.
>>
>>8898697
try asking in the convention stories thread, feels thread is a weird place to /r/
>>
>>8898714
I totally forgot that thread existed. Thanks for the heads up!
>>
i'm jealous of how carefree my girlfriend is about cosplaying - she isn't a raging perfectionist like me and has tons of fun with it.

meanwhile, me:
>spends months and months working on one cosplay
>gets easily disheartened by the smallest flaws
>still has awful body image issues to the point where i cover up my mirrors but i still put myself out there at cons anyway
>i'm way better at makeup and sewing and wig styling than when i started 6 1/2 years ago but all i see is an ugly beginner
>>
>bid on socks on y!ja
>used
>good price
>win with buyee, still ok price
>package arrives
>have to pay shipping
>Google translate not working despite reloading repeatedly
>go through it blindly, price seems OK
>check email
>I paid fucking 16.77 to ship socks, that is as much as the item cost

Fuck buyee so hard, I'm not using them again unless it's my dream dress. It's so dumb how they charge such high fees, I can see it for a main piece but there should be different rates for small, easy to inspect and ship items.
>>
>>8899002
Sage for double post but to clarify I thought it was restating the item cost. I cannot believe it costs that much
>>
I have absolutely miserable hair. Thin, oily, silky. Round face. Pixie cut looks horrible on me, but anything longer than shoulder lenght just brings out how little hair I actually have. It's impossible to style. I've never heard any positive comments about it. Hairdressers have been pretty frank with me and told that my hair is a lost case. I'd go bald, but it wouldn't solve anything. Every wig I've ever tried somehow magically eats my skin and my face peels off in little pieces. It takes weeks to undo the damage. Same with pretty much everything makeup related. Fucking yay for atopic skin.

I'm doomed to hate my hair, and love a fashion where makeup and hair play a huge role. And where posting my picture online means people only noticing what my face lacks. Concrit in my case seems to be "learn to do makeup".

>tfw I'm doomed to be the lolita who only gets "how unfortunate face" comments
>tfw I've never got any other type of comments unless I leave my face and hair out of picture
>well, at least I've never got any ita comments
>>
>>8899020
extensions, buns, braids and/or hats should help if you haven't tried it already.
>>
>>8899002
>>8899004
can you contact them and see if they can do a slower shipping method?
>>
>>8899002
Never use buyee for one small item, its better to have a lot of items and consolidate them into one package. Why were you using the jp version of buyee anyway since there is an english option?
>>
>>8899020
Do you have an atopic scalp and do you have enough protein/trace elements that help with hair growth in your diet? Those things could also be influencing your hair...
>>
>>8895230
Turned out alright though, didn't it?
>>
>>8895293
If it's lace market, I think something is wrong with their msg alert. I'd normally get it straight to my email inbox but the past week it didn't but there was definitely loads of 'unread' messages there. Doh.
>>
good feels time.
>boyfriend goes to japan on holiday with friends without me because my workplace sucks and I can't get leave for it
>says he'll get me something while he's over there, lets me choose
>AP x Disney Marie collab is coming out and I love it all, but really I just want the tights because I'm worried I'll look stupid in the dress
>ask for tights, boyfriend is fine with this
>tights sold out in store, but says he'll get me a t shirt + a bag + bracelet so pretty happy with that
>boyfriend comes back
>super excited because Disney collab time
>brings out the bag which is basically fully stuffed with...stuff
>has managed to get me the dress, tights, and hoodie as well as the stuff I knew I was getting.
Turns out he went to the Disney store in Osaka that had everything in stock/re stocked a week later. All of my happy feels. I actually didn't think the dress would suit me, but it's damn comfy and doesn't look half bad.
>>
>>8897876
Oh wow thank you anon!!
>>
>>8897315
I feel the same way anon.
The only lolitas ive seen in the wild have all been super ita and when my friends point them out i can only come up with everything that is wrong with their outfit. I feel like a horribly judgemental old person.
>>
>>8899108
Thats so sweet anon!
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1125x1777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1125x1777
>I don't want to sexualize cosplay
>is 15
>mostly cosplays Sonico, who is pretty much just cuteness and sexuality
>intends on cosplaying an even skimpier bikini version of Sonico sometime soon

What the fuck? Where are her parents??? A child shouldn't be wearing near nothing to a convention while cosplaying a character who is based off of sex appeal. While the guy should have checked her bio beforehand, you can't really blame him for thinking she's do pantsu shots when she'll be taking bikini shots soon.
>>
File: 1445991527147.png (523 KB, 399x819) Image search: [Google]
1445991527147.png
523 KB, 399x819
>>8899108
Oh god, anon, that's adorable.

>Tfw I know for certain that in this situation, my boyfriend would just go "Sorry, the tights were all sold out." and come back empty-handed without a second thought.
>>
>Finally work up the nerve to join local common.
>Desperately want to make new j-fash friends.
>Started to gravitate away from lolita and towards Otome and Creepycute instead.

N-now what? There isn't even Daily Coord groups for them.
>>
>>8899302
>common

Fuck off, autocorrect.
>>
>>8899302
There's a Daily Otome group
>>
>>8899001
I relate to this so much. I've been cosplaying for ten years and every costume I wear I feel like it's a terrible excuse for a cosplayer. I've always wanted to compete but I feel like it's all terrible and that I'm just an ugly, gross excuse.
>>
>>8899056
Thanks
>>8899060
I never saw that option, shit. I'll have to look for it if I try this again.

I never looked into any of this because I don't mind pretty much the exact same amount to get a dress.
>>
>>8896482
Me too, i saw just someone using a lolita skirt in a normie and ita way. I used to be an ita but i prefer to dress otome rather being an ita.
>>8897202
>mfw one of my dream was being able to produce trance/techno music but no music skills at all.
>mfw i would like to see talented lolitas that aren't japanese in music
W-well at least i listen to a variety of electronic music genres...
>>8899299
Do your bf don't like you dressed in fairy kei?Do yoy get along well with him or there is something off?I think you need to find really a good friend, i think you aren't that happy with your life in general and your bf. Feel better anon!
>>
>go to local con this weekend
>technically in another state but still only 30 or 40 minutes away from my place so just drive up there
>meet another lolita, shes super excited to see another lolita and tells me about the comm in that state
>sounds like a big comm and meets might be closer than the meets in the bigger comm in my state
>she asks for my facebook and says she'll add me to the group later
>still hasn't added me on facebook or anything
I normally wouldn't think much of it she may just be too busy or has lost the paper with my facebook name on it but she seemed like she might be kinda tumblry and me and my bf are really into firearms so I'm scared she saw my facebook and saw some of my posts about guns and immediately hated me or something. I know it shouldn't really matter to me if she doesn't want to be my friend because of that petty reason but I was really excited to have a new potential friend and comm. I guess I could just try to find the comm on my own but I'll try waiting a little while to see if she adds me.
>>
>lurked 4chan for years
>always want to get into lolita
>have a good idea of co oarding, how to do it well, the essentials, how to balance colours; I don't want to end up being an ita
>can only afford bodyline and second hand stuff
>too scared to go to meet ups in case I stand out for my shitty co ords
;;_;;
>>
>>8899439
Don't worry to much about it, anon, it's okay to make mistakes especially when you're a beginner, and it doesn't matter where you get your clothes as long as they're good quality, fit you well, and are flattering. If you're unsure about your coording skills you can always post in the coord help thread, otherwise just take a deep breath and go for it.
Don't think too much about what your hypothetical comm would think about you, wear lolita to make yourself happy first. You can do it!
>>
>>8899046
Extensions are a no-no because of atopic skin. Braids look like rat's tail: not enough hair to pull it off. But I do wear hats almost daily. I'm know as the hat lady at work. Just once I'd just like to have beautiful hair instead of having impressive hat collection.

>>8899066
Because of atopic skin in general, I have to eat well and within strict diet. Dairy makes everything worse, yay yay. Unfortunately, not even protein for gains could help me. I'm just blessed with a dish towel for hair.

But thank you both for offering solutions.

I spent fifteen minutes trying to find a picture to demonstrate how horrible braids I get but could only find beautiful full braids everywhere.
>>
>>8899449
Thank you anon!!!! <3
>>
>>8899439
Really, only assholes look down on itas in the comm. Sure, I think they're dressed bad, but that doesn't stop me from being a decent human being and trying to get to know them and bonding over hobbies. The Internet is way worse about that than real life.
>>
Bit isolated and lonely but I won myself a bag on yahoo japan I've been 2 and a half years looking for and generally narrowly missing, so many coords planned.
>>
>>8899536
Small victories, anon. Which bag did you get?
>>
>>8899020
Have you tried no poo?
>>
>>8899108
Wow nice! I got everything too, and the store in Osaka still has a lot of items left :) I thought the demand for Marie would be bigger, like there are even tights and dresses left. Wut
>>
>>8899364
>no musical skills at all
It takes practice and hard work just like everything. Your first song is probably going to sound like shit, but if you actually put in the work and are dedicated Im sure you could make something that sounds good.
>>
>>8899630
Not the anon you're referring to, but I can vouch for it. My hair used to fall out like mad, and had little volume. I think I've been doing it for three months now? I can go 6 days without washing my hair now (every two days I'll scrub it with hot water, and then on the sixth day I'll clean it with baking soda and apple cider vinegar). My hair rarely falls out now, is easy to style, and is regaining it's fullness. I get comments about how fast it's growing as well.
Honestly, I recommend it for everybody, if for no reason other than it eliminates many of the chemicals coming into contact with the skin.
>>
>>8899853
Yea, no poo is fantastic. I've been doing it for close to two years now. The only thing is that I only use water to "wash" it so my hair sometimes smells funky when it gets dirty/sweaty. What kind of apple cider vinegar do you use? Does your hair ever smell funny?
>>
>>8897202
Why do you do this. You're so weird.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 464x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 464x485
>gf asks me to do a couples cosplay with her
>I'm hesitant because I don't have much money right now but I say yes, start working, and get my costume done early
>she waits too long to start and gets stressed
>now she's acting like this was a terrible idea that I forced on her even though it was her idea in the first place
>she claims to be too busy to work on it but she's apparently not too busy to spend literally all day every day playing video games
>talking about it with her just makes her mad because she thinks I'm nagging her when really I'm genuinely interested in how she plans to construct certain things
>she still claims she'll get it done somehow
I think after the con I might break up with her. I love her but she's so irresponsible and it's always somebody else's fault when she lets herself down yet again.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1242x2208
>Fairly new to lolita
>Been trying out different styles of lolita the past 6 months to see which I like the best
>I seem to be the most attracted to gothic looks and gothic print dresses
>Ok gothic lolita sounds good
>Build a mainly gothic wardrobe so far with a couple of classic pieces
>Fall super in love with Dolly Cat JSK
>Buy Dolly Cat JSK and matching beret and plan a sweet coord for it
>Tried on my coord tonight for it since most of it has arrived
>I feel like a princess
>I love it and I haven't felt so pretty in a while
>Stand there in the mirror just posing and smiling
>Look back at my black wardrobe
>wat.jpg

I don't know what to feel. I usually get very bored seeing sweet prints, that's why I went to gothic. I love gothic dresses, prints and black on black but wow. I want to just get a whole bunch of sweet dresses now, but I still love my gothic dresses. I'm also usually just so bored of seeing sweet, which is why I'm kind of confused. No other sweet dress really caught my eye.

Anybody else just have a dress that made them question the rest of their wardrobe? I mean, it's such a good and bad feeling.
>>
>>8899237
Every time
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>8900006
Why limit yourself anon? Just buy and enjoy
>>
File: 2882_31_12_11_2_05_00.jpg (76 KB, 333x600) Image search: [Google]
2882_31_12_11_2_05_00.jpg
76 KB, 333x600
>tfw no EGA gf

jdimsa
>>
>>8899439
I don't ever judge girls who turn up looking like shit to meets, as long as they have decent personalities and don't act like weebs or weirdos and they have potential. I am sure you're not even on that level, since you seem to have a good grasp on it. Second hand is totally okay too and bodyline can be co-orded well. Don't worry too much about it!
>>
File: titanscare.jpg (46 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
titanscare.jpg
46 KB, 600x316
>friend cosplays Tommy Pickles
>buys adult diapers for costume
>he banned from con for wearing real diaper
>>
>>8900289
Sorry wrong thread.
>>
File: 1455291730054.jpg (60 KB, 900x805) Image search: [Google]
1455291730054.jpg
60 KB, 900x805
>trying to get my cosplays done
>super tired all the time
>fall asleep during all of my free time
>lay awake at night thinking and staring at the ceiling or silently pacing room
>can't sew or do shit because roomates
Holy shit why. I get into these cycles, I spend all my time being super angry at myself for wasting my own time, then do it again. I really want to be able to finish all 3 cosplays before the next con, but it's really not looking like it's going that way.

idk if this is depression or some shit. It usually directly correlates to how satisfied with life I am. Last year, I had this issue basically all year, except I had 4 loud alarms and woke up for none. My roommates would try to wake me up and apparently I'd yell at them or lie and say my class was canceled. At least I can wake myself up, for now.
>>
>people are still responding to housewife treating her like a fucking celeb
>why should I take advice from people on this board if they aren't even smart enough to ignore a troll
>>
>>8897202
Excuse you, I am a professional tambourine player, and I find this offensive.
>>
>>8900366
>responding to housewife
don't name trolls, they aren't pets
>>
>>8900366
I think it's a cycle with the same anons at this point.
>>
>>8900387
jumping into convo: it's like people who respond to Margendo on Instagram. people want to fix the situation. hope springs eternal.
>>
>>8900378
I agree but I couldn't think of any other easy way to specify what I was talking about. It's so fucking stupid how obsessed with her everyone is and every time she comes into a thread it's suddenly all about her.

Seriously losing any respect I had for gulls. Like I know it's not everyone who's doing it but it just makes me so mad to think that the same anon who is giving me concrit on a coord that I'm taking seriously could in another thread shitposting so hard their eyes are turning brown.
>>
>>8900392
it's pretty much a shitposting circlejerk now. Oh well the board goes on for the rest of us.
>>
I'm sad because my only viable career path might keep me from wearing jfash.
I'm going into academia, and my research is too messy to wear nice things, while my field work requires I dress modestly and cover my hair. I spend my weekends in the lab or writing papers.
I feel like the most I can get away with as a future academic is wearing it alone in my room, and that's depressing. I don't want to choose between my loves.
>>
>>8900394
that is the beauty of anonymity, comments aren't attached to people so you can ignore the dumb shit. you can tell it is stupid to engage a troll, so you can probably tell the value of the advice you receive elsewhere. if someone gives you stupid advice you'll recognize it.

i like being in a place where i have no idea who i am talking to. the ideas stand on their own, without the baggage of being associated with people i dislike.
>>
>>8900366
Stop caring. Get some perspective, shit posters aren't celebs just because they get two replies and a nod.
>>
>>8900006
Honestly there's no harm in having a diverse wardrobe if you can afford it. I have a mainly gothic wardrobe...and then I have meta cat prints.
>>
> outside of lolita
> "you're so tiny"
> "you're the skinny one"
> "you need to get the size down"
> inside of lolita
> obsessing over 2cm and if it'll fit
> feel like a fucking bloated behemoth
> want to stop eating and remove some ribs to fit in a MM waist
> never want to fucking eat again

I'm not even trying to brag, you guys. I feel like a disgusting, fat piece of shit and I wish my family would stop lying to me. I know I'm fat. I know my measurements. My BMI is 25.

I wish everyone would just shut the fuck up and leave me alone and let me starve myself until I can look pretty in brand again. That's all I want to do.
>>
File: sm087v12.jpg (9 KB, 314x238) Image search: [Google]
sm087v12.jpg
9 KB, 314x238
Con's in 3 weeks. Embriodary machine was working perfect, Has decided it doesn't feel like having tension anymore and likely needs to be taken in for repairs to find the issues it's face. Kill me now
>>
>>8900493
This is me. I've lost 40lbs, and I still feel fat because my bust will not go below 90cm. All my chubby friends scold me for how "skinny" I've gotten, when I'm like, "No, you're just fat and I was fat."
>>
>>8899725
Yeah, I was really happy about it! I honestly think there's been a lot of Marie collaborations and merchandise recently though so maybe that's why they only got the initial rush of AP fans and then when they restocked there weren't the same number of Marie fans around to buy the rest up, I imagine people may have bought the Secret Honey, Ank Rouge and Honey Bunch collabs already which weren't all that long ago. I think a lot of the alternative fashion brand collabs end up on sale though rather than selling out, items from last year's BtSSB x Alice collab are in the sale section online, AP's Fairy Season Disney Princess one was recently there and some of the h.naoto x Nightmare before Christmas stuff is there too. Prior to that there was a Putumayo collab that was all 50% off as well, and I've previously bought AP x Disney collab jewellery for half price on the Disney JP website...
>>
>>8900519
We have the same bust! Mine barely reduces when I lose weight, maybe 1 or 2 cm max. And it's fucking awful in lolita. I want to buy a FtM binder just to fucking fit in things without having to worry about numbers for once. It would be so nice.
>>
>>8900493
>"I'm just mentally ill."
Ftfy. If I was your parents/guardians I'd make you see somebody. It doesn't matter how you feel, if you're within the medical parameters of health for your height and weight, guess what? Not fat. It's like people who are morbidly obese who say they feel "curvy," it doesn't matter if they think they're thin and healthy because modern medicine says they aren't.
>but anyway the best way to get people to shut up about your weight is to not bring it up or mope about your fatness
>>
>>8900541
A bmi of 25 is overweight, anon. Just barely, but still overweight. Anon doesn't need to starve themself, but they should definitely start dieting.
>>
>>8900558
Either way I find the melodramatic tone vomit inducing. I'm just sick of coming here and seeing people hate themselves over body image shit all the damn time.
>>
>>8900497
I'm praying for you and your project, anon. I hope its a simple fix.
>>
>>8895001
This is Fox.
I saw this and checked all orders from the 25th~27th of February, but all orders were shipped out within our 3 day limit.
The only exception being items containing lucky packs, since (as described in the description) orders containing those are delayed by several weeks or more.
If you did not order a lucky pack with your order, please contact us since we have no record of your order (_ _)
>>
>making a spandex bodysuit and drafting some parts from scratch
>sew a sleeve mockup from scrap spandex
>neglect to test the sleeves on the actual bodysuit; just pull the sleeves onto my arm to check that they fit
>spent an hour assembling some *beautiful* sleeves from the fashion fabric: evenly cut out, symmetrical in every way (A Big Deal for me since I'm working to get better at cutting things out neatly)
>pin the completed sleeves to the bodysuit armhole
>of course the sleeves are too small for the actual armhole size and they bunch up badly around the armpit
>I'm a moron
>the pain of hubris.jpg

In semi-defence, I rushed through the drafting/mockup because my job is 12 hrs/day and I wake up daily at 4am to even try to get some sewing time in. On top of the limited sewing time, I've also got a deadline of this Saturday.
>>
>high school cospals are all becoming unemployed tumblrinas
>don't know where to find new friends to do nerdy things with that aren't insane
I miss when we were just a bunch of weebs talking about anime and jpop and everything didn't have to be about social issues
>>
>>8897202
So my concertina and I can just go fuck ourselves, yeah?
>>
>>8900660
I dumped my friends the moment they started lecturing people about white privilege
They were also talking shit about me behind my back but the point stands
>>
>be me lone lolita
>move to new school
>new friend also likes lolita
>"we should go out sometime anon!"
>plan to meet up in lolita for shopping and lunch together
>get excited and start planning best coord
>fast forward to planned meet place
>wait around for a while
>don't really mind as i might finally have someone who understands me
>see her and i can feel my soul leave me
>cat ears
>milanoo lace monster
>shitty ebay wig that doesn't even go with the dress
>why.png
>>
>>8900768
I knew where this was going before I even finished reading. I feel for you, anon. Do you think there's a point in trying to guide her in the right direction? I don't mean tell her what to wear or what to buy, but maybe share lolita-related things with her in conversations (tell her about that new release you liked, the sale that's coming up in x brand, the lucky find you came across on Taobao or yahoo japan, etc.), she might learn by watching and listening to you.
>>
>>8900417
What about weekends or days off?
>>
>tfw awful speech impediments (really bad stutter, paired with a lisp that won't quit)
>can't figure out tones so I come off as an awful autist
>don't talk, like, ever because speech impediments
>is bad with social cues and can't talk to people right when I do talk because I don't have experience with people

Goddamnit. I want to go to my local comm, it seems super fun in theory and a good way to make friends, but I'm completely socially inept and I'd probably spend the entire meet sitting in a corner and watching people talk, and therefore come off as a creeper. If I got talked to I'd probably mess it up and say something awkward. Why am I such a failure, I just wanna wear a cute dress and have friends who wear cute dresses.
>>
>>8900883
Hey anon I have a speech impediment as well, it really sucks since I feel like I come off as autist when hanging with other cosplayers. I don't have a stutter or a lisp, just certain pronouniations of words like 'th-' , the worst part about it is that when I hear myself talk I don't hear it, but when I listen to video's I sound like a 4 year old child.
It's a hard thing to talk about with others and embarrassing to ask for help for correcting it as well, but small steps towards it helps.
I'm sure your comm would be understanding of your condition, since it can't be helped. Just take your time talking and be sure to make sure that they understand.
>>
>>8899378
She might have just forgotten. What's the comm you're trying to join?
>>
File: 1394586784640.jpg (30 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1394586784640.jpg
30 KB, 500x386
>Be an AFROTC Cadet; RPA slot; six year commitment following my commission next year.
>Have been going to cons the last four or so years with my girlfriend.
>Getting pretty good at setting up cosplay, can't always do what I want but getting there.
>Starting to realize once I'm commissioned I won't be able to go to cons anymore, because long term leave is impossible to get approved and nothing is happening in bumfuck Nevada/New Mexico.
>Not like I'll have the time to actually set up costumes.
>>
File: 506500.jpg (102 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
506500.jpg
102 KB, 800x600
>tfw sent application and pictures to join the 501st Legion
>>
>run panel with weeb friend
>notbad.jpeg
>weeb friend gets over invested and wants to run the panel at every con we go to.
>not feeling it
>try to back out by offering a replacement since he likes running the panel so much
>accepts but still sees me as the "offical" copanlist
>heart to inevitable since he wont take a hint.

One of the big problems is that he sees me as an equal when it comes to knowledge about anime and stuff, which really isn't the case. In fact, he does most the talking because i don't really know enough to comment. I just hide that with smart ass jokes for entertainment value. It is probabaly going to hurt him a bit but i feel like i have to be direct about backing out the next time he tries to talk logistics with me about it. Im just not feeling the panel and want to back out.
>>
>I can't tell if a lolita friend is pretending to like me?
>Nice to me online but cold and act stuck-up to my face
>Confused big time
>So much in common it'd be a shame if I gave up
>>
I've been working temp jobs in retail or services for 8 months. I have a degree, and I had a full time job before that. It feels like university was a massive waste of time and money, and I'm worse off than I was before.

Today I cancelled my con badges for the summer. It's the first time I haven't had the money to go. I don't even have money for a basic costume, let alone something I'd actually want to be seen in.

I have another temp job coming up this month. All I want right now is to have the money to put a costume together so I can losercon my local convention, but I already know it's not going to happen.
>>
>>8901403
Maybe they just get shy and awkward when they talk to people in person? I have a couple of friends like this.
>>
>>8900596
i'm laughing so hard that the lolita desu representatives are on here giving customer service
>>
>>8901419
Damn, why does chillaxing and enjoying each other's company got to be so hard?
I'm mellow as all hell there's no need for defensive stances.
>Case of 'it's not me, it's you'
>>
>going to run errands
>dry cleaning burando
>load stuff into car
>make my way towards intersection to make left turn
>wait for right of way cars to pass
>last vehicle is UPS truck in the opposite direction with his left blinker on
>decide it's okay to make left turn because UPS is making left turn
>jk, UPS man is just being dangerous and had his left turn blinker on for no reason
>comes barreling straight towards me and burando
>have to make super sharp turn and speed up to avoid him
>I continue on and he stops in the middle of the intersection like I've wronged him in some way
>he blares his horn at me like I'm at fault for him not having control over his vehicle
>mfw UPS man almost fucked my burando
>>
File: wewait.png (55 KB, 181x172) Image search: [Google]
wewait.png
55 KB, 181x172
>>8901513
>gets hit by car
>breaks neck, arm, and leg
>in a coma
>lying in hospital bed
>body leans up silently
>looks directly at nurse
>"...but is my brand okay?"
>>
>>8901541
I'd honestly feel worse about my brand than a broken leg tbqh fampai.
>>
>>8901561
Plus once you're paralyzed from the waist down you can be a kawaii delicate wheelchair-chan with super skinny atrophied legs!
>>
>>8901571
At least I'd finally get my facebook likes! :')
>>
>boyfriend can't go to con we were both excited for because of money issues
>cancel planned couple cosplays
Is it even worth going if you're just going to cosplay something by yourself
>>
>>8901574
Holy kek
>>
>>8901409
Do you have any old costumes you can wear, or wigs you can repurpose for a different version or character? You don't have to go all out. There's no shame in pretty easy casual cosplays if they are executed well.

>>8901682
Sure, if you're open minded and love your character. You could still meet new people to hang out with, see friends, go to meetups for your series and do all of the other stuff you do at cons. I spent valentines at a local con without my boyfriend because he was stuck studying for a midterm. I had a great day dressing up, giving chocolate to new and old friends, and checking out panels he might not have been interested in anyways.
>>
Why were like 50 posts just deleted? Mine was there too and it was definitely jfashion related and feely and some others were also on-topic
>>
>>8901799
Somehow the only thing our janitors care about deleting are posts in the feels thread.
>>
>>8899903
Organic if I can, but any will do. I've personally never noticed a smell of any sort, and haven't had any comments on it. However, you can add some essential oil to it if you want your hair to smell nicely. Ones that help hair growth are recommended.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.