[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feeling a frilly feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: MM-Mana-Sad.jpg (18 KB, 480x310) Image search: [Google]
MM-Mana-Sad.jpg
18 KB, 480x310
Keep it to /cgl/ related
Hope this doesn't get deleted too

>Spent a decent time and money making my coords
>Cute and beautiful, take care in every detail, want to look perfect
>But lazy lolita friends
>Lazy local comm
>Lazy nearby comms
>Try to do little meets just to casually hang out
>Everyone so lazy can get up the couch
>Everyone has a job so we can make beautiful meets and coords but we don't
>Everyone just wear lolita when shopping or other daily tasks
>Feeling like I'm wasting a lot of money and effort on something I don't have the opportunity to wear and display
>Still feeling very well and cute in my lolita clothes
>But it worths?
>>
>>8864540
There's a huge comm where I live and they do meets all the time but I'm not ready to join yet. I kind of hate people in general so joining a comm can wait for me.
However, I'm not looking to be a lone lolita forever, but I don't really care if no one sees me in it. I just keep on buying dresses too.
I think I just like the clothing itself and I've really approached the fashion with a collectors intent, and not just a hobby.

So are you in it for the comm or do you like wearing the dresses too? If you like the dresses and wearing them who cares if anyone sees them unless that's what you care about?
>>
I feel like the cosplay community has changed too much. I feel like everyone's trying to outdo each, whether it's through sex appeal, over the top costumes/props or cosplaying the latest popular series first. It's all about going further and further. I know this kind of competition has probably always existed but lately it just feels so crazy.
>>
>Been lurking lolita for years
>Know basics
>Think about colour combination in irl too
>What bothers me most is that my nightgown and pants are slight differend shades of gray (gown older than pants)
>Feel irritated every time I go to sleep
>Lolita is ruining my sleeping habits
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mhmqm0odzo1qz4rgp.gif (159 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mhmqm0odzo1qz4rgp.gif
159 KB, 500x278
Have some bitter rage feels, gulls.

>closet lolita/fairy key enthusiast
>go to arts school
>obviously full of weeb kids
>late choice of degree makes me one of the oldest of my class (23)
>one of the weebest girls sticks to me because I was wearing an old animu t-shirt to paint
>she's 18 and wants me to "be her onee-chan"
>whatever at least I can play with my DS with her on recess
>find out she likes cosplaying
>lazy closet cosplays with dollar store wigs
>friends don't post friends
>FRIENDS DON'T POST FRIENDS
>she gets in hissy fits when guys don't pay attention to her
>people tell her she doesn't care enough about her appearance, says it's for shallow whores who just want dick and acts like playing videogames makes her better than the "whores"
>slowly the ones around her got enough of her shit and walked away, but I stayed because my patience is pretty elastic
>comes crying when she doesn't get her way be it with boys or when she loses a match on LoL
>still thinks BASIC HYGIENE is for whores who want dick
>and whoever "left" her got called backstabbing traitor
>the edge
>not even the teachers were free of her wrath
>she almost blew our graduation thesis because she threw a tantrum to our professor, but I managed to clean up the mess
>got fed up, told her off
>she kept eye-rolling me
>I waited until we turned in our thesis and told her to fuck off
>best decision ever

Glad I got that out of my system
>>
>>8865390
Get some kawaii room wear, anon.
>>
>>8865439
>clearly thirsty for dick
>looks down on others for actually making an effort to get dick
What a winner.
When I started my major I was really surprised at the complete lack of overt weebs, because it's a pretty nerdy STEM one. Turns out all the worst weebs flocked to the arts instead. I don't envy you, anon.
>>
I worry that my community thinks I'm an obnoxious nerd. I suck at small talk and any time the topic of school/work comes up someone goes
>that sounds reeaally complicated anon, you must be soooooo smart to do stuff like that, us normal people would never be able to do what you do~
and it feels super sarcastic and like they want me to shut up. What I do isn't THAT complicated, I'm not a brain surgeon or whatever, and I don't think I'm bragging just by telling people what my job is when asked. Practically any time I share something about my life that isn't what lolita print I like best, someone makes some kind of dismissive comment towards me and changes the subject. How do I know if I'm being obnoxious? I somehow doubt that the people making these comments would be helpful if I asked them, and my closer friends in the comm say I'm being paranoid but may just be sparing my feelings.

Pls respond anons I don't want to be that annoying girl nobody likes
>>
File: 1384528629415.png (329 KB, 330x490) Image search: [Google]
1384528629415.png
329 KB, 330x490
>5'10"
>going to Japan soon
>admiring skirts on Liz Lisa knowing I'll never fit
>mfw the skirts I want all have elastic waists and are actually long enough
>>
>>8865518
I know how you feel Anon. It's irritating enough explaining stuff to my parents and hearing "bazzinga" as an answer.
Maybe your friends ARE sparing your feelings. People tend to be intimidated by the slightest things, they keep their distance from you and resent you when you're easily talking about stuff they struggle to understand, as if you're guilty of their lack of knowledge. It's awful.
If you're not socially inept like me maybe you can open up with those close friends of yours and say how you feel. They will either try to understand you, or leave you. The latter happened to me, but I believe it was for the best.
>>
>>8865485
Weebs are defined by the minimal effort they put into other aspects of life.

When I went to college, all the high-school-weebs who were real human people either lost interest or didn't have time to weeb, or took a few japanese classes and went to Japan to see what it was like. And once they found out what it was like (not by vacationing, by actually being there for a length of time and communicating with real japanese people) they got over their weeb-ness as well and became more serious.

I went to Japan for about ~3 years total and was cured. I don't know anyone who wasn't cured by that type of experience. "Oh, this is a real place with human people working every day to feed their families. And they don't particularly like me at all!"

Who are the 20-something weebs? The drop-outs, the losers, the Cs-get-degrees group. The ones who never moved more than 100 miles from home. The high school sweethearts and the dead-end retail workers. Maximum success? The computer nerds now doing IT locally, and the teachers teaching in the same schools they graduated from. AKA the people who have time/space in their lives to devote this much time to weebness. The people who have nothing better going on.
>>
>>8865518
So what do you do?

In general, no one wants to hear ANY technical details of anyone else's work. Ever.
>>
>>8864540
do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or a close friend that likes lolita? I like to just go out with my friends in lolita! My local comm is kinda the same way so i don't go to meets very often but whenever i go out to eat or something with my close friends or my boyfriend i like to dress up. I think i get just as much enjoyment out of my wardrobe as someone who has a very active comm.
>>
>>8865439
>friends dont post friends
well anon you know shes not your friend anymore soooo where's these pictures?
>>
nice purge, janitors. you ruined a cgl-related topic that was actually being discussed.

>need to order a new petti
>bunny house is more expensive but I also really want a blouse from them
>melikestea is cheaper but never has free commission slots
>wat do
>>
>>8865708
What the fuck, why were those posts deleted?
I would go with MLT, anon, even if you have to wait. My bunny house deflated a little too quickly for my liking.
>>
>>8865712
honestly, since it's for military, small poof would probably be good but at the same time, BH doesn't do a proper A-line... but those blouses are gorgeous and I need them
>>
>>8865390
Same. I get so annoyed when I have to wear normie clothes outside of work. The colors are never right together, no matter if they match or they go together, it just feels so off and I just don't enjoy it anymore.
>>
>bought my dream dress some time ago
>seller finally shipped it two weeks ago
>tracking doesn't work
>been having dreams about it not being the right dress or being damaged or a replica every night now
>i-it should be here soon, r-right
Holy fuck I can't wait anymore, I'm so worried about anything happening to it. I had 700€ packages untracked that didn't make me worry the lightest in the past but I fucking need that dress, I regret not paying for the fastest shipping (which would have lead me to pay customs). I really want to wear it to a con saturday too.
>>
>>8865787
Make your normie fashion a personal expression so you're always comfortable with what you're wearing. I love my normie fashion, I pretty much thrift everything and go for stuff with nice vivid colors and bold patterns, secretary dresses, silk blouses, it has to be fun and elegant.
>>
>>8865819
>seller doesn't ship reasonably
>tracking doesn't work
>still not shipped after two weeks
Prepare your anus anon, and open a claim as a precaution if you still can.
>>
File: snoot.jpg (54 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
snoot.jpg
54 KB, 500x539
>be newly into lolta (roughly 6 months in the fashion)
>have long, angular face, big nose
>pretty in a rather "ethnic" Disney villain way
>favorite color is pink, my normie aesthetic is very feminine and pastel
>naturally, sweet is my favorite lolita style.
>gulls say my face is too harsh for sweet, would look better in gothic
>know it's true but I have no interest in a goth wardrobe. I've done one gothic coord for Halloween and don't dislike gothic, but I gravitate toward a slightly more mature sweet style.
>at least I don't do OTT sweet or pastel vomit because I'd sure look a mess in that
>gotta settle for coording decently but never looking 10/10 because of my face
>I feel like pic related in sweet
>tfw I look up to Lovely Lor. Not all her coords are my taste, but she has a rather positive outlook despite people bagging on her face all the time. (we have similar looks: harsh face, prominent nose) Still does her thing and rocks sweet. I don't think there's anything wrong with her face or mine, but it's not fun to be talked about. And I don't want to be lolcowed on because I'm not doing lolita the way others think I'd look best.
>I know I'm a sensitive chan and criticism comes with posting anything online so I should just get over it.
>>
>bless my mom, sends me a michaels giftcard and Starbucks giftcard for my birthday.

Coffee and crafting, don't mind if I do.

>Go to michaels today, the Hancock fabric right next door is closing. Apparently Hancocks filled bankruptcy and is closing 70 stores.

God damn it, this one was doing well and has been open for less then two years. It was a perfect spot too.
>>
>Travel out to an out of state con that is 5 hours away
>Plans a few shoots with good friends
>Friday, shoots went well
>Saturday, cannot get ahold of friends, friends leaving that evening
>Me, a clingy cunt, keeps texting them
>One friend leaves, ignores me on twitter besides my one message telling them to have a good night
>Other friend meets me 45 minutes before she is supposed to leave, wearing the cosplay we were supposed to do together
>Next day they also ignore me.
>Texts both of them that it's better for me to give them their space

I don't know what I did wrong. It's probably because Im so clingy and whiny that they probably thought it was best to leave me out of things. I tried to kill myself back in January so i thought being with them would help but now I feel worse.
>>
>>8865518
Out of curiosity, what is your job? I personally love sofisticated conversation themes in meetings, don't be ashamed of the fact that you know more than others, embrace the feeling of superiority.
>>
>>8865936
Look for makeup tutorials that work for your type of face, most of your flaws can be hidden with makeup if done properly. People won't bash at you for having an unfortunate face unless you're a efame whore, most of the times. If you want to share your outfits online you could just not show your face in your photos.
>>
>>8866088
You sound like you have shitty friends. But also I can understand why they would tried to cut you out if you're too clingy, but they're still cunts even more if they know what you went through. If you text people every 5 minutes you will annoy them, just try to keep it cool. And maybe you should try therapy.
>>
>>8866154
I am currently in therapy. I kept apologising before the con that I would be extra needy because of recent events. I thought they would understand but it just didnt work out that way.
My own boyfriend who couldn't make it to the con interacted more with me over the weekend than they did.
>>
>>8866141
thanks for the tip. I'm going to look for some tutorials to soften my face up. Unfortunately it won't change the structure of my face, but hopefully it will draw attention to features I really like. (nice cheekbones, big eyes, decently full lips) Maybe invest in some lashes so I can be like "look at my nice eyes not my nose!!!" lol. Even if I got a nose job, I'd have an angular face and thick, arched brows. (I get many compliments on my brows in normie fashion but they're not very sweet lolita)
>>
>gave my boyfriend a super cute letter with a wax seal
>the idiot tore the seal apart attempting to open the letter
What do people think letter openers existed for?
>>
>>8866180
Good luck anon, and don't let any salty bitches ruin the fashion for you.
>>
File: 1455248847135.jpg (69 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
1455248847135.jpg
69 KB, 750x714
>have chronic illness
>go to meet during flareup because i want to spend time with comm and i already RSVPed
>been months since i went to any kind of meet or event, fucking tired of life recolving around illness
>take meds, do other selfcare measures, go to meet
>alternate feeling shitty and dissociative and happy and excited
>probably acted too weird, people seemed to abruptly remove themselves from conversations with me
>look at pics of meet after, i look a right mess
>mfw i am the comm trainwreck
>mfw i should have cancelled and paid the host for my spot and apologized like an adult
>mfw i am a shell of my former self
>>
>>8866206
>What do people think letter openers existed for?
murder weapons in historic detective novels
>>
File: image.png (244 KB, 1087x634) Image search: [Google]
image.png
244 KB, 1087x634
>>8866219
It's cool, anon. You did your best and you didn't flake. You're probably just being paranoid about how other people felt about you. If you aren't always that way, they probably will just assume you were having an off day. Everyone gets them. Don't let it discourage you from attending future meets.

Been feeling really low lately. Boyfriend had to study for midterms and couldn't come to the local convention with me on the last day. Wasn't sure if any people I know were going to be there. I ran into a bunch of old friends and acquaintances, tried to put myself out there a bit, and had a really good time. Feeling hopeful I can make some more friends with similar interests and have more people to go these things with in the future. Making friends when you're older is hard.
>>
>>8866157
That just means they're even bigger assholes. You deserve better friends, just try not to get attached to people too fast, nothing good can come from it.
>>
>>8866254
Offtopic, but do you know who drew this anon?
>>
>>8865708
new Jntrs need to learn to chill desu.
>>
>>8865619
>I don't know anyone who wasn't cured by that type of experience.
I do. I know three people, one of whom is nearly 40, who still act like teenage weaboos. The almost 40-year-old didn't even have a job until recently and was relying on family and the occasional English tutoring student to make ends meet. It's pretty sad and I expect he'll get kicked out before much longer. His visa's up for renewal in like July or something, and I doubt he'll get an extension.

The other two I don't know quite as well, but none of the three has bothered to learn more than basic conversational Japanese, even though two have been living there full time for years, and the third makes several trips there "for business" each year.

Some people are just really, really fucking thick.
>>
File: meta temps de feel.jpg (38 KB, 643x425) Image search: [Google]
meta temps de feel.jpg
38 KB, 643x425
I feel so dead inside when there are no new releases by big brands like Baby/AatP, Ap, IW, etc.
I just love the excitement of seeing a new dress for the first time even if there is a95% chance I won't buy it.
>>
>>8867178
Not sure. Some anon posted it in an ILD thread last year with this quote about their Russian comm's plans.

"Squatting with my comm whilst eating sunflower seeds, drinking cheap vodka and smoking outside of a deli, what else
I'm wearing my newest Adidas JSK."
>>
File: image_2.jpg (48 KB, 323x358) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
48 KB, 323x358
>friend some people from my comm on Facebook after a meet
>yay, finally starting to fit in
>their FB are just constant holier-than-thou misinformed political shitposting
>try to deal with it and be open minded
>can't
>remain friends but unfollow most of them
I have the same ideals as them, but people with good intentions are just not taking them the right way. I can't wait until the US presidential elections are over. It's one huge futile-argument-starting meme.
>tfw missing out on interacting and becoming friends with cute lolitas because of their stupid posts
>>
>going to first meet this weekend
>secret Santa style gift exchange was in the fbook description
>I signed up for it for fun, had to post on fbook group
>on day when match assignments are going out realize it's only me and one other girl who are participating
>never get a match assignment
>don't know if that means "duh you're obviously matched with the other girl" or "never mind no gift exchange"
>don't know how other girl will interpret it
>need to ask someone but afraid they'll say that I should get a gift when by now its way too late to order anything
>might be a Grinch at my first meet
>feels bad man
>>
>>8867328
are they leaning democrat or republican?
>>
>>8867413
COMMUNICATE, you supposed adult.
>>
>>8864540
I wish my local comm would just have short small shopping/lunch meets. Most of them are so lazy they don't feel like frilling up for 'just that'. And I'm like: whut, these are clothes, they make you happy, why not wear them more? I usually travel to bigger meets, but they aren't very regular, especially not during winter or until spring. Sometimes I even wonder if people are just afraid to wear it on normal days..like afraid that it won't be special enough or that people in their own town might see them? I miss frill-up-buddies.

>>8865518
Yeah, I miss deeper conversations too, I sometimes wonder if it is possible to talk about something else than lolita-stuff with lolita's. I'm just tired of chitchat and saying people are pretty. Most people are, and you can't talk openly about the ones who aren't,but.. it's just..aren't meets about more than that? I know I cannot expect something more, but maybe I want it.

>lol I expect to be judged now
>>
File: disappoint.jpg (7 KB, 251x164) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.jpg
7 KB, 251x164
> Get into lolita when living in a big city, relatively large community, go to a couple of meets
> Move back home to a much smaller town where there's even a lack of regular alt. people
> Find myself getting tired of being alone and not having anyone to share the passion with or even just hang out with
> Sell of all things because money issues
> A couple of months back I find a wild sweet lolita at the grocery store that tells me that there's a small but growing community in town
> Filled with joy I start building up my closet again
> See pictures from a meet they hosted a little while back
> 90% are itas or can't dress themselves
> Suddenly not so eager to join community

I'm sure they're a very kind and amazing group of girls but I just got so disappointed that I'm not even sure I want to join the comm.
And all I want is to comfort shop but I can't find anything that I like.
>>
>>8865936
I was just in the thread where they told you that your face was too harsh for sweet. It really is. If you don't want people to pay attention to it, you need to do more exciting and better coords.
>>
>>8866088
Listen, part of being a good friend is accepting people ignoring you with grace, to some extent. It's rarely ever meant with mean or spiteful intentions, usually it's just the politest way people can show they don't want to interact with you right now. I know if I ignore a friend with the intention of answering them later, each new message pushes later further and further into the future. If they keep ignoring the cue, later might eventually become never.

>Me, a clingy cunt, keeps texting them
>One friend leaves, ignores me on twitter
Also never jump platforms to message someone, it's a real faux pas, unless it's an actual emergency and you desperately need to contact them.
>>
File: 1453732670163.jpg (22 KB, 208x271) Image search: [Google]
1453732670163.jpg
22 KB, 208x271
This happened back in November.

>find my dream dress
>contact the seller
>seller says they're busy
>would get back to me
>contact the seller several days later
>nothing
>dead air since them

I came to the conclusion that I got beat by one of the seller's friends. I'm miffed the seller never got back. It's unprofessional.
>>
File: elimal2.gif (471 KB, 488x275) Image search: [Google]
elimal2.gif
471 KB, 488x275
>have pretty bad stress related anxiety
>too chickenshit and no health insurance to go get officially diagnosed even though I've had it since a young age
>can't drive because I freeze up, almost cried during a past job interview when the employer tried to pressure me into accepting another job I had no idea how to do (wanted overnight stocking, she wanted to make me a cashier)
>lost out on a possible job because of background check showing I'm living in another state (biological father has been claiming I'm living at his address for years, previously opened a credit card in my name and got my bank account shut down for a while)
>between anxiety preventing me from ever having a paying job for previous experience and my questionable background no one will hire me
>been a stay at home daughter/housekeeper ever since graduation
>no relationships or any plans of even marrying to be independent because too anxiety ridden to date, plus no bi/les women anywhere near me on few dating apps I tried
>make odd money selling stuff online to afford cosplays/conventions two times a year
>get into crafts, mostly fail at them
>finally find one that I'm good at and enjoy
>decide to invest in a bunch of supplies and figure I'll make it all back by profit off the crafts
>end up wanting to make them so bad that I'm paying out of pocket for it except shipping costs
>try to tell myself it's to build portfolio pieces for when I open an Etsy or apply for Artist Alley
>really just want to make pretty stuff for people because I literally have nothing else going on in my life
>makes me feel good to make something I know will get sent around the country/world
>not sure if that makes me sweet or just a lonely pathetic NEET

Not even sure where I was going with this. Just nice to get it off my chest.
>>
>>8867328
Is this a comm in the south east coast by any chance?
>>
>have had intense need for Whip Collection since it came out
>find skirt in my favorite colorway on Lolita Desu
>why would you do this to me, I'm broke
>wait a minute, birthday is coming up
>birthday was yesterday
>got enough money and giftcards to buy the skirt
>skirt was still there
>feels good man

All the worrying over whether or not it would still be there was worth it in the end. It's my first AP skirt, so it's kind of a mini hallmark for me.
>>
>>8865936
You do you girl. Your face/body shape doesn't determine what substyle you have to wear. It's nice to see more diversity.
>>
>>8866219
You remind me of a chronically ill girl in my comm who I know feels bad when her illness gets in the way of hanging out. Your comm mates were probably thrilled to have you there, even if you didn't feel your best! But your health matters and you should take care of yourself.
>>
>>8865531
As a fellow tall Liz Lisa lover, I must ask-
Links?
>>
>>8867767
You're in the unique position to build a budding community and plan awesome events and help girls learn to dress. That's, like, the best. I wish I had been more involved in my comm's development but was too busy with school. Now it's an awesome comm and the lead girls have a blast bringing more and more people in with all sorts of events.
>>
>>8865936
I don't mind Lor either, although people like to bash on her. At the end of the day you can't help your face and its not like she's really ugly anyway.
>>
>been wanting to get into fairy kei
>mention it to my girlfriend
>she goes out of her way to go to the baby store in nyc and gets me a really cute bow that will totally work for fairy kei just because i mentioned it once or twice and gives it to me for valentine's day
>>
>>8867849
That sucks. Maybe there is a free health clinic you can go to? I'm not sure if they can diagnose you but I do know my ex went to one for his plethora of health problems when he was out of a job. All he had to do was get a notarized letter it which I certified he was unemployed. All he had to do was pay $10 a visit.

As for crafting, do what keeps you sane. It would be great if you could make a profit off of the things you make.
>>
>>8868122
We have some clinics here but I was at a loss because who do you go to for this kind of thing much less afford any medication. Most of the people around me are just like "Well you need to learn to drive and you'll get over it."
Like no, I've had the same issue since I was little where I'll get anxiety over stressful situations (even if they're mundane things like making a phone call) to the point where I want to throw up or I'll get stomach cramps/upset stomach just at the thought of having to do them. I don't know why I never got diagnosed as a kid even though they did take me in to a kids clinic to make sure it was just stress instead of something else.

Anyway, sorry for rambling again. I'll see what I can find in the area and I'll try to make myself start actually charging for my crafts even though I'm so worried I'll over charge and get a bad reputation for it because "Oh she's just started out and I can get stuff from China for cheaper."
>>
>>8868065
That was really sweet of her.
>>
>>8868147
yes it was!!!! she's the best. especially since we're both cosplayers, i'm just starting to get into jfash and she knows next to nothing about it but she's been so supportive.
>>
>>8867997
I live in the Southwest, I think it's a nationwide young people thing.
>>8867440
Definitely Bernie-hoes.
>>
>>8867328
So separate them as persons from their politics?

I have a friend in my comm who's seriously voting for Trump but we hang out all the time and talk about things that aren't politics. Get a social filter, your friends are going to post shit that bothers the fuck out of you but you got to remember they are their own persons and their opinion doesn't necessarily define the function of friendship.
>>
>>8868216
The problem is that they make everything about politics, that's the thing that bothers me.
Like 9/10 posts are them hating on something stupid and it's just so negative and infuriating all around. It's worse because they're arguing a bad opinion with another bad opinion.
It's my loss in the end, but I wish they'd at least stop beating a dead horse.
>>
File: 1444187984840.jpg (37 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1444187984840.jpg
37 KB, 251x242
>>8868450
I'm getting tired of the Bernitas and Trumpitas in my Comm. I decided after 2014 to stop the political BS on my Facebook. So far things are better than ever. I only mentioned something about Iowa recently and I didn't mention the person's name.
>>
>>8865390
I hate to mismatch as well. For this, i didn't get lolita items to buy kawaii home clothing and some useful stuff that matches, even underwear and socks.
>>
>>8868144
Here ya go: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/generalized-anxiety-disorder/basics/preparing-for-your-appointment/con-20024562

This should help. I don't know how much medication is, but you can worry about that once you get diagnosed. You may be able to get Social Security if it's bad enough to be considered a disability, which--seeing as it interferes with your ability to make a living--I would say it is (though your doctor/state might not agree).

My friend makes little enough (8k a year) that he isn't required to sign up for Obamacare, but my state didn't expand Medicaid so he remains uninsured. It's total bullshit. If your state is like that, I highly suggest you leave and go somewhere you can get help.

As for your crafts, you never know. Half of it is advertising. Build a social media presence. Charge as much as you feel is fair, and then some- it's always easier to lower prices than raise them.

To keep it cgl-related, I can't wait for my comm's Valentine's day meet. I have a tight as fuck coord.
>>
>>8868216
Not the anon you a answered to, but a person's political ideology says a lot about themselves, specially if they are really open about (and by really open I mean they shout it so the entire world can hear it). I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be friends with someone with an ideology that different from mine, but that's just me.
>>
>confession time
>find that when I try on a new jsk/op I've received in the mail and it looks really good on me, I get slightly turned on.
>only started happening recently, or that I've noticed.
>not really a problem per se, just different.
maybe it's a part of the whole excitement of finding something you love online, waiting for it in the mail, finally receiving it, and having it look good.
>>
>>8867824
>unprofessional

Lol. I doubt she runs a business, she's not required to sell to you.
>>
>>8868657
Aaaaaaaand that's why it's so hard to come to agreements across party lines. If you unfriend, unfollow, impost a ban on people being friends with you if they think differently, you're also part of the problem. This is how peopl become so polarized in their opinions. They never see anyone they respect or know having different opinions and so they assume that no one except out of touch crazies think differently. Social sanctions only leads to doubling down of extreme ideas.

Back OT,
>absolute creeper posts in the page for my city's comm
>people offer to meet up with him

God damn why are you all so stupid?
>>
File: tumblr_mqpsvixSB31s4u80lo1_500.gif (936 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqpsvixSB31s4u80lo1_500.gif
936 KB, 500x344
>>8864540
I have that feel where i feel like i'm unsure about EVERYTHING. I finally began lolita and bought a old school white BTSSB jsk but i also want to try out cutesy sweet print and gothic and old school,..so i plan on having a bit of everything in the future while still being cohesive in a way?
I like Jewellry Jelly in blue but then i wonder if i like it more in lavender.
Then i wonder if i actually even like this dress AT ALL
Maybe i should stuck to old school even?
And i just feel very confused.
Sometimes i wonder why i even like lolita,i've been into it since years and years wanting to get to wear it and now that i can i just...i don't know.
I feel like i'm putting my whole life in question sometimes.
>>
File: luvit.gif (294 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
luvit.gif
294 KB, 500x252
>>8867849
Anxious lesbian anon here, please do your best and hang on and take care of yourself ok?
Oh and try a free health care clinic maybe?
Continue doing cute crafts if it makes you happy i'm sure you can do things in life you aren't a loser!!
>>
>request to join a comm on facebook through the "reguest to join group button"
>no response for week
>go to check their page on computer
>realize that I completely overlooked the rules for joining while I was on mobile
>I have to message mods to join
>too embarrassed because I'm illiterate and annoying for not reading what is right there

I feel like an idiot and bad for ever bothering them with it. I'd rather not join the comm than be "that person."
>>
File: 1335355994073.jpg (489 KB, 897x647) Image search: [Google]
1335355994073.jpg
489 KB, 897x647
The other day I somehow ended up on lolcow reading a thread about a girl I follow on instagram and damn. No matter how bitter, bitchy, nitpicky, and all around salty seagulls can get, they have nothing on the populace of that place. It's like those people have a complete inability to give anyone the slightest bit of a benefit of the doubt; the smallest thing, no matter how innocuous, gets turned into some kind of horrible negative/attention whorey/malicious thing the subject of the thread supposedly did. I read on and on as people bitched and moaned about things I thought would be a complete non-issue. By the time I finished the thread, I was completely horrified, since these people spent like hours and hours e-stalking the poor girl and digging up any alternate or new accounts she made to try and get away from them and kept posting them to the thread. I closed the window feeling gross, ngl.

So I just wanna say seagulls, though you can be mean, you can also be damn reasonable, and even downright heartwarming and supportive when the situation calls for it. So that's my feel. This place ain't that bad, pls don't ever change.
>>
>>8868920
And then there's PULL
>>
>>8868913
You shouldn't let your embarrassment stop you from getting involved with things like that. Just apply properly this time and even apologise if you want.
>>
>>8869044
Thank you, anon. I am very paranoid about this sort of thing, to the point where apologizing never even crossed my mind because I was just going to wait a year and try again and hope they didn't remember me.
>>
>>8869049
Don't worry about it, I'm sure other people have made the same mistake.
>>
>>8868920
>No matter how bitter, bitchy, nitpicky, and all around salty seagulls can get, they have nothing on the populace of that place

Anon, the bad news is a lot of the nastier gulls with the worse image issues went there...

I mean true, a lot of them are just exiled PULLtards but a lot of them were gulls who migrated there when the "singling out" rule here was implemented. This place was terrible with their shit 2009-2012, with more tripfags and avatar-fagging thrown in. Personally, I am enjoying reaps of that purge.

Many gulls are still nasty fucking cunts, the difference is they know they can't get away with shitposting as much so they don't bother.
>>
I have this bad habit of developing crushes on lolitas in my comm. I feel like a creep, but it keeps happening. I don't ever let it affect how I interact with them, but still. I think I just really want a lolita gf...
>>
>>8868044
You can check their site, I was just browsing when I noticed the measurements. Granted, they'll just barely cover my bum, but that's what I have bloomers for. I know they also have calf-length skirts, probably with at least one with an elastic waist if that's a questionable area for you. They were having a sale on shoes too the last I checked.
>>
>almost done sewing the lining for my cosplay
>ironing the collar

>accidentally had the heat on high and melt a good chunk off the front part :')

it's salvageable but I'm still really upset.
>>
>>8869115
>I don't ever let it affect how I interact with them

Need to talk to them first. Lolitas would be weirded out by someone who loves them romantically and they never talked. Find something you can talk about together.
>>
>>8869837
>Lolitas would be weirded out
Anyone would be weirded out to hear "I've been in love with you for 2 years"

>>8869115
I feel you, anon, but you're doing the right thing by not making things weird and being a neckbeard about it. You'll come across someone who likes you back someday.
>>
>>8869115
Same anon, I get crushes on girls easily. I always feel predatory, even if it's just a puppy crush and I still treat them the same. If it's any consolation, I've gotten over a lot of them over time and have even become BFFs with the girls I've liked. And one day, hopefully we can find girls who like us back.
>>
>be broke for a long ass time, have no money to buy all the beautiful burando i've been seeing on buy thread or LM
>finally get a huge paycheck
>looking all day for burando online
>nothing catches my eye
>continue to look
>still nothing
>feeling of saddness
>end up spending money on Joseph Joestar dakimakura and doujinshi

A-am....am I just trash, anons?

I found one AatP dress I've been dying to have, but it's still just slightly more than I wanted to spend. Maybe I'll cave in if its still there next week.
>>
>>8869927
Hey anon, its okay to save your money until you find a dress you like! You'll be happier if you spend your money on a dress you love than on a dress you feel like you should buy because you have the money.
>>
>find perfect, spot on boots for a cosplay I'm doing next month
>I mean they are seriously spot on and they're the only similar ones that go up to my size
>perfect! I'll order them next paycheck!
> paycheck comes, shoes are sold out
>>
>>8869927
Then just spend on basics, man. You can always use a nice burando blouse or shoes.
>>
>>8865518
Do you have a comm acquaintance who you chat with occasionally but aren't great friends with? If you really want a neutral party's opinion, explain the situation and ask her if you come off as obnoxious or awkward. Stress that if you do you want to know so that you can fix the behavior. If she tells you you're fine, you know that you just have some major bitches in your comm.

Alternatively, try having more conversations where you talk about things that aren't related to you specifically. It could be that you're only speaking up about things in your life because it's what you're most comfortable talking about, so these girls have gotten salty because you're "always" talking about yourself. Bring a few other topics, ask other people for their opinions on x, y, or z, and see if it helps.
>>
Well I just broke a dream dress.

The measurements should of fit me with room to spare but I forgot being 9 inches taller than the average Japanese woman would fuck me up. It zipped up but the zipper broke off completely when I was taking it off. I don't even know why I still was able to fit my hand down the side. Damn shit hitting on my ribcage, I'm 2lbs away from being underweight and even though I have a 29.5 in bust and 29in ribcage with a 23in waist... it's still not enough.

I-I guess I could wear a bolero over it, r-right?
>>
>>8870211
>should of
*should've, fyi

sorry about your dress
>>
>>8870211
Take it to a tailor and get your zipper replaced.
>>
>>8869078
>>8868932
Maybe I'm being a tad optimistic about it, but the fact that the worst of them don't bother shitposting here already makes the atmosphere of this place so much better.

What you said about the singling out rule also makes sense because I didn't start lurking /cgl/ until late 2012 so I never got to experience the drama crap that used to go on.
>>
I just wanted to say thank you again to the anons from a thread or two ago who prayed for my dream dress arriving safely from Russia. It's waiting for me at home!
>>
>>8868920
I know. And even when you do try to defend the poor girl it's usually met with 'LOL HI x' 'lol go away asslicker'. The worst part is they usually fabricate things and blow them out of proportion on purpose for the sake of drama. Someone skipping lunch becomes 'do you think she's anorexic?!!?!?!?!' (especially in one of those retarded ED threads, ew), someone getting lipgloss off of eBay becomes 'LOL she's too poor to afford REAL makeup liar liar pants on fire'.

One thing that pissed me off was when people started armchair diagnosing this one chick and saying she had like ten personality disorders (hello tumblr) until the actual girl herself came to say 'stop posting that about me, no I don't' and they actually started arguing with her because she and her therapist apparently don't know as much as a bored rando on the internet who's never met her in their life does.

At least the salt here has basis in reality.

>>8868932
lolcow is full of PULLtards and their ilk (gurugossip, GOMI)
>>
>>8865936
I think you would look okay in sweet if your coord had been better. The socks aren't flattering on you (or anyone, for that matter), the cardigan was too normie, the bow was really awkward, and your pose was super uncomfortable. Improve those things, and your face won't be as much of an issue.
>>
>>8870575
I go to lolcow for the PT updates. The new stuff going on with Venus is pretty interesting, as well. But most of the time, it's just a bunch of rabid cunts taking out their anger on random people.
>>
>>8868673
Same here, anon. I love getting new pieces a little too much.
>>
File: IMG_20160217_183438.jpg (184 KB, 744x1074) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160217_183438.jpg
184 KB, 744x1074
I want to crossplay her but I feel like I'm going to be judged too harshly for not being an attractive male. I just like miko outfits and Nozomi specifically.
>>
>end of shift at work ready to go home
>talking with weeb coworker about convention coming up
>asks if I'm going to cosplay
>"no, I'm more interested in building a lolita fashion wardrobe before I do any kind of cosplay"
>i figured she already knows about lolita because she's posted a cute video of a couple lolitas on facebook a while back
>she decided to show me a shopping app, saying that-
>"you said you were into Loli-con, and you can find a bunch of that stuff on here for super cheap!-"
>"lolita fash-"
>"loli-con! it's the same thing!"
>discomfort
>try to correct and explain to her but she cuts me off, insists they're the same and continues to show me the app
>it's all stuff i've seen on aliexpress
>i have to go home
I knew it would happen one day but not with someone i thought already knew about the fashion. Not today. Should have just stuck to my own advice and referred to it as some japanese fashion.
>>
File: tumblr_n1exhcveAz1t7rcb5o1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1exhcveAz1t7rcb5o1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x281
>>8864540
>wants more frilly, sparkly things in bedroom
>can't even look at sparkles longer than a second or two because of job related injuries

>want cute and pretty nails
>work as a welder so they'd break and get all gross
>that and my cuticles are all hard and calloused because of the heat
>>
>>8865819
Are you me? I've been scammed, except I'm sure of it. My stupid ass could have figured it out with some thought but dream dress
>>
>>8870596
b-but that cardigan is AP http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/88948
>>8868029
Thanks anon
>>8867788
wow nacl-chan. let's see what you look like.
>>
>>8868865
I think everyone feels like this when they're New, it's hard to know how you'll feel in a style until you wear it and your tastes might change over your time in the fashion. It's totally normal to like a lot of different styles, and most lolitas have a bit of variation in their wardrobes.

Like for me, I started off liking old-school gothic the most, but ended up getting into classic and modern gothic instead because it was when old-school was seen as shit rather than trendy. Felt really cute in gothic and wanted to go more OTT with it but on a low budget ended up with a lot of style-neutral black pieces instead. At this point I thought non-gothic nonprint was a waste of money and thought OTT sweet, country and old school sweet were pig disgusting, yet four years later my wardrobe is 50% old-school, including sweet and low-poof pieces I used to hate. I don't wear OTT sweet but I find it cute on other people, and my wardrobe contains a fair chunk of sweet-classic. I have a lot of non-print toned down classic pieces now and I've made my gothic wardrobe more unquestionably gothic - no more buying kuro sweet because it's cheaper! And I love country, sailor and hime too, even though when I was new I thought I'd only wear pirate.

Tastes change and evolve, don't worry too much and just let your wardrobe grow with time.
>>
>>8870968
>>8868865
Seconded. It took me a few months to settle for a style. I was really into sweet + border prints in the beginning, but the first time I wore that Bodyline strawberry shortcake skirt, I knew I couldn't go out in public in sweet. It was toooo cutesy and attention grabbing.

I have some sweet stuff and one gothic JSK because I was experimenting. If you can, explore a bit.
>>
>>8870788
Anon have you tried getting bio gel for your nails? Even if your nails get scratched up it'll stay on, it's pretty impossible to remove. My nails are naturally weak and it makes them super hard, good stuff.
>>
>Fall in love with a dress from the second the preview magazine scans go up
>wait for months before it's finally released, and so excited once the release info comes out
>luck out and am able to get it new from AP during release
>so stocked to have it and can't wait till it comes in the mail
>when I get it feel so underwhelmed and neutral about it

I don't know what's wrong with me. How can I have been so stoked for this dress, fall in love with the print, yet not be excited at all about it anymore once I open the package. It's a pretty dress, but even looking at it now I'm still kind of whatever about it. The excitement died so fast.
>>
I'm so tired of this one friend. She doesn't acknowledge me cosplaying certain characters and will either try to replace me in a group or just ignore the fact I cosplay them all together.

Literally today we were talking with another friend and I mentioned I wanted to bring back an old cosplay. He said he'd cosplay with me and that I'd be the only person he'll accept as the character. Not even five minutes later, she said she wants to cosplay the same character and she'll do it for him because "you don't have one right?" He was like wtf I just said anon is the only person I want as this character. She was so fucking offended by that.

God, it's so annoying. I refuse to do groups if she's in them because I know, even if she's not the person running it, she'll still try to replace me and it'll cause unnecessary drama for everyone.
>>
>>8871681
Doesn't sound like a friend. Have you talked to her about the way she's treating you? I don't know your relationship but it seems like she doesn't care about you or she doesn't like your cosplays. I don't understand how someone can put into words multiple times that they need someone instead of you but you're still friends with them. They have some kind of vendetta against you.
>>
Dream dresses everywhere. No money. Why does this always happen. Someone please buy my stuff.
>>
>someone finally offers dream dress
>wants almost 1k for the dress alone + PP fees and shipping
>sets have sold for ~700 and other items from the series regularly go for less than $400

Perhaps I just don't want it enough if I won't drop that on it, but it's obvious it was bought just to resell which makes me more put off. But she's lucky enough to have it so she can sell for however much she wants
>>
>>8871747
Unless she says 'firm' in her sale post, talk to her. Tell the truth to her, that you've seen the set go for ~ 700 and ask her if she is open to a similar offer or will ship free,,drop fees, something. It would help if it has sold for less recently and more than once and you can link screen caps. Some people will see reason and lower the price. Others will not but unless she indicates she is not open to any offers, give it a try.
>>
>>8865518
It sounds like you may be going into a little too much detail too quickly and giving too long or complex answers for a 'light conversation'. Small talk is a balance between being interesting and not giving basically 'a talk' when asked questions. But how much is too much/too little varies from group to group. Watch body language, how much eye contact they maintain, how much they fidget. These can give you signs you may be either over sharing or not keeping the details interesting and general enough to be engaging to the other person. I tend to give short answers at first to questions I'm asked then people ask more and different questions and that steers the conversation better. I also make sure to ask questions I'm interested in knowing, in equal measure. "Oh, I work in X field but it's been a boring week so tell me what you've been up to lately."
>>
>>8865390
>>8865787
You both sound like you don't know how to do fashion at all so are just obsessing over little nothings to make up for the lack.
>>
>last night's dream
>wearing a Mary Magdalene OP to a movie
>can't find anything else, just the OP
>oh well, I'm just going to sit in the dark alone for a couple hours, I'll just wear it
>while waiting in line, run into a group of well-dressed lolitas
>they invite me to their "event" after the movie
>event is some weird Western ghost town they've populated to be a little lolita town
>everything is adorable and wonderful, and we all share clothes and help with coording
>until the itas invade
>hamplanets in cat ears talking loudly about their sexual kinks
>good lolitas start disappearing
>become target for the ita overlord
>forced to submit as a "pet", on my knees, ruining some beautiful tights
>going to be sacrificed in my MM as an example to other "brandwhores"
>pushed off a balcony in front of a huge crowd of lolitas watching my fall

What the fuck, brain.
>>
>>8871991
I'm going to be honest, I missed the "dream" part and thought this was a real story up until the part where you were pushed off a balcony
>>
>started cosplaying recently
>borrowed a sewing machine from a friend
>discover I love sewing
>finish cosplay, return machine to friend
>several months pass
>every day absolutely itching to sew, planning next cosplay all day every day
>finally buy my own machine
>suddenly feel scared of starting a new cosplay
>got my fabric washed and patterns ready, too intimidated to cut fabric
>watch jdramas in bed all day instead
sigh
>>
Ok
>>
>>8872033
You can do it anon! Everything will work out in the end.
>>
>have to cancel birthday trip at end of month, because boyfriend fucked up his finances
>uses trip money to buy lolita instead

OH FUCKING WELL
>>
>>8871698
I haven't talked to her about it myself yet, but other people have mentioned it to her and she just shrugs it off.
And I know I should just drop her, but we've been friends for years and she was never like this before. At the beginning I ignored it because I didn't want to start anything, but it's gotten to be too much.

I'm probably going to bring it up soon and then call this "friendship" off.
>>
>little sister is in adolescent mental hospital, was admitted last night
>only person who I can talk to about cgl/btb/other lolita general things
>not sure if I've been put on the visitors list
I want to do something nice for her, but I'm not sure what's allowed and what's not. Would it be too much for me to frill up a little to go visit her? Do you think it would be a bad idea to print out the AP coloring book scans? I just feel so bad that she didn't feel comfortable talking to me about what caused her to be admitted. I wish I could be a better sister.
>>
File: caek.jpg (47 KB, 352x510) Image search: [Google]
caek.jpg
47 KB, 352x510
>>8872116
Aww. I hope you have a happy birthday anyway! What are you getting btw?
>>
>>8872259
I think you should print them out. It may make her happy and help her keep her mind off things. Coloring is therapeutic.
>>
>>8872259
>little sister is in adolescent mental hospital, was admitted last night
Anorexia/Eating Disorder?
>>
Im participating in the white day exchange and while I'm super excited to be a part of it I feel so bad because
>received the last of one giftees gifts in the mail today, now ready to ship out
>have only got one of the items for my other giftee, and the rest have been "shipped" with invalid Chinese tracking codes even though all the sellers were supposedly based in the US.
>>
>>8872337
She wasn't taking her meds, was hiding them and planning to have a stash if she wanted overdose. Depression/anxiety/few other things going on. Parents flipped out when they found out (understandably) but my sister and I talk about pretty much everything it was such a shock to hear.
>>
>>8872273
Snatching up some cheap oldschool dresses on LM and making a bodyline order for shoes.

He isn't allowed to give me lip about it either.
>>
>>8871950
Thanks anon, I'll try to negotiate with her. If not, at least I gave it a go. This really cheered me up for some reason.
>>
>>8872259
The coloring book scans sound like a great idea! Please, if you're allowed, visit her as much as you can. She'll really appreciate it. As for what caused her to be admitted, it's not an easy thing to talk about. Give her some time, be patient, and stay with her.
>>
>>8872277
>>8872370
I'll print those out and get her some glitter crayons then, hopefully those are allowed. I know in some places you can't have pencils or anything that requires a sharpener.

If I can go and visit her I'll do it every day that I can. I am calling tonight to see if I'm on the list and try to talk to her. Everything I've heard about where she is has been absolutely awful. I hope she gets out soon, but at the same time I know going back home probably won't help her (parents are crazy). I know it's hard to talk about things but we both talk to each other about our depression often. I feel terrible for not noticing that she wasn't doing well. I've been thinking about getting her something off of her wishlist for when she gets out if she starts taking her medication more regularly. Is that too weird of an incentive?
>>
>>8872443
Hey anon. I've been in and out of adolescent wards as a child. They usually only let blood relatives in there. My brother visited me once. But it may be different for you.

I'd bring those coloring sheets and crayons, because while sometimes you are allowed pencils and erasers, you have to have someone watch you at all times when using them so it's a little awkward.

Sometimes, going to a mental health facility is helpful. They can give you tools to manage your negative thoughts and emotions better. But it can also feel lonely, and she may be feeling like an outsider in your family for being there.

I would only advise you talking about it if she wants to talk to you about it first. Tell her that you're sorry you didn't realize she was in pain, and that you're not going to force her to talk to you, but if she wants to talk to you about anything, you are there for her and you will never judge.

Talking about the feelings that land us in mental wards are never easy. All I can say if that you should let her know that you love her no matter what, that you're on her side, and you are there any time she needs you. It's not going to be easy, anon. She's probably just going to keep hiding her bad thoughts and feelings from you, because she doesn't want you to notice. But you have to keep letting her know that you love her.

Best of luck to both of you.
>>
>favorite color is pastel pink
>doesn't compliment my skin tone at all
>experiments with other shades
>just no

I will never wear the cutesy frilly pink clothes I am dreaming of. Other pastels are cute too but it's just not the same
>>
>>8872519
Thank you for your advice, anon.

I just called and I'm pretty sure I can't visit immediately, since I don't have the same last name/same residence and there are only 3 visitors spots (parents and brother have those) if they can be changed I might be able to but I have to talk to them first. I'll be able to give them things to bring to her though, I'm hoping they'll remember to/that might help a little.

I'm not sure how long she'll be there but 3 to 5 days has been thrown around a lot. I think the priority is getting her back on her medication.

The next time we meet in person I plan on telling her I'm sorry, I love her, I'm on her side, and that if she wants to talk about anything I will always be there for her, basically as you said. I'm trying to keep phone calls mostly lighthearted to cheer her up since I don't think I'll be able to visit in person just yet, and I think the more serious conversation would have more meaning in person. If you think it'd be better to hear sooner please let me know. I don't want her to think that we don't care.

The advice is really appreciated, thank you all so much.

polite sage for not furthering cgl related topic
>>
>Tfw you realize how close the con is and none of your cosplays are completed
>Goodbye, tax return.
>>
>>8871589
Try it on, build a coord with it, maybe you'll feel better about it. When my first dress arrived I felt something similar, when I got it out of the package I tought it was nice but not worth what I paid for, but when I finally wore it I felt so in love with it.
>>
>>8872061
Hey! I have totally forgotten that that procedure even existed? Since you named it I googled and it something that I would totally do when I have the money. I'm not a big fan of silicone tits desu, just thinking of having plastic bags inside me makes me feel uncomfortable haha.
Fuck stigmas! Your boobs will look better (from your point of view) and you'll be happier :) JUST DO ITTTT
>>
>on track with diet and exercise
>10lbs down so far
>depression finally fucking off
I can't wait for the summer con season. I feel like for once I'm going to live it rather than worry about what's going to happen so much it's over before I notice.
>>
>>8871589
Just curious, what dress?
>>
File: wtf.gif (487 KB, 381x268) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
487 KB, 381x268
>>8872908
>>
>>8872908
put down the fork instead of projecting, anon
>>
File: 1373370857977.jpg (91 KB, 687x619) Image search: [Google]
1373370857977.jpg
91 KB, 687x619
>be guy
>used to play with my mom's makeup and clothes when I was a kid
>always wished I could wear elegant, beautiful dresses but I'm a male
>teenager, wear dress
>family member finds me and starts sexually abusing me and dresses me up when he does it
>tried to bury my desire to wear pretty clothes because of the association
>older now, been to therapy
>envious of lolita fashion for years and years
>want to take control of my feelings and just be pretty, even if it's just one day a year at a con where it would probably be acceptable and no one would care
>buy a few pieces in the hopes of putting together an outfit, always end up tossing or selling them because I feel bad
>don't want to look like shit
>don't want to make other people uncomfortable
>worst nightmare is someone thinking I'm some kind of fetishist or deviant or get off to it
>posted this here last year, called a beta but got some encouragement, thought i could find the strength to just wear a fucking dress
>pussied out once again
>walked a mile through the snow with a broken arm last year when I slipped on ice at work
>carried my roommate to my car and drove him to the hospital when he had a heart attack
>too weak to put on a fucking dress
>>
File: 11181151_564be7b15ca15.jpg (346 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
11181151_564be7b15ca15.jpg
346 KB, 500x600
>>8872799
I have a navy blouse I bought for it and the matching socks, and it makes me warm up a bit more, but then I look longer at the dress and the ehhh feelings come back. But maybe your suggestion of actually putting it on will make me love it again. I still have yet to put it on.

>>8872907
It's the navy Chess Emblem JSK
>>
>have mismatched wardrobe because of babylita mistakes
>they're really coming back and biting me in the butt
>one skirt is olive green, one is pink, and one is a weird shade of purplish sax
>need to do a wardrobe cleanse pronto but am kind of scared of LM
>whyyy
>>
>>8872937
Aww. Hang in there anon. You've been through some shit that no one should go through and it sucks that it got associated with cross dressing.

I hope you find the strength to fulfill your dreams.

Baby steps, lolitanon.
>>
>>8873017
Have you thought of eBay or the comm sales? Some fb sales groups tend to pander to forever itas.

It can't be that bad. Everyone starts somewhere.
>>
>>8873017
I was in the same boat. I've purchased from LM before but only just last week became a seller. Everyone paid and no one was rude. My last step is going to be asking for feedback from those who didn't leave it. I got kind of weirded out from horror story threads but everything ended well.
>>
File: positive bunny post.gif (370 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
positive bunny post.gif
370 KB, 450x450
>>8872937
You can do it, anon! I believe in you!
>>
>>8872937
Have you tried joining your Comm? They can help you.
>>
I guess kind of a cute feel, but I also feel like a creep the more I think about it.

>two new members in the comm
>both attended a meetup recently
>mod and I knew they were young and inexperienced, but impressed that they showed up at all (we have flakers in our comm) and dressed nicely, even though not exactly in lolita

>super shy; kind of kept to themselves ( mostly whispering to each other; one of them spoke for the shyer of the two)
>polite pair overall
They sort of reminded me of my teenage self/when I was getting started.

I wish my financial situation didn't keep me keep me from having my own place ( nothing to do w/my hobbies). I would have love to have a private meetup with them and the other newbies and invite them to try on proper lolita pieces/coords, have makeovers, and have a cute tea party.

Since that's not the reality, all I can do is hope that they've studied the resources on the page, be available for advice, and hope for the best.

>not so cute feels
>started out years ago
>wanted to someday meet my Internet mentors irl
>tfw they ended up being a hardcore SJW and a cgl lolcow
>>
>>8872937
You're not weak, anon. It's okay to be scared. Don't put yourself down for feeling that way- it'll just make you feel more anxious. Dressing up in lolita by itself is scary enough. I hope that when you decide to do so, you have a lot of fun.
>>
> been wearing lolita at least once a fortnight for the past few years with normie friends
> friends seemed to like it or at least didn't mind, bestie even showed interest and borrowed my stuff in the past
> been too busy/unmotivated for lolita the last 3-4 months
> friends have started calling it weird/silly even though I've been dying for a chance to wear it again
> worried they've just tried to be nice this whole time and I'm actually embarrassing them.

Maybe I should just join my local comm, idk
>>
File: 1344974885036.jpg (11 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1344974885036.jpg
11 KB, 251x231
>buy stuff on mercari and fril
>get cute and amazing goodies from every seller
>tfw you will never be able to thank them and leave positive feedback
>>
>tfw make a lolita related feel post and it gets deleted anyway

just talking about how lolita makes me not want to be such a fatass but fuck you too jntr
>>
File: im-fine.gif (91 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
im-fine.gif
91 KB, 500x281
>younger sister starting puberty
>hurrah for acne
>I let her use my cleansing foam every once in a while
>Tony Moly Floria, it's a clear bottle with a clear fluid that turns into foam when pumped out
>halfway used, no biggie
>on the next day I'm about to use it when I noticed it was full again
>the fuck
>SHE FILLED IT WITH WATER.
>SHE PUT WATER IN MY CLEANSING FOAM
>IT WAS A FUCKING TONY MOLY
>3 MONTHS STUCK IN CUSTOMS AFTER SHIPPING
>NOW ALL THAT COMES OUT LOOKS LIKE THAT NASTY FOAMY SHIT AFTER WASHING THE DISHES
>FUCK EVERYTHING
>mum says not to get too angry with her since she didn't know
>swallow rage, calmly tell sister never to do that again
>can't sleep because of the bottled-up rage

Well, I bought a new one and she'll use the dish waste on herself or nothing at all.
Fuck me.
(You guys probably know there are better korean products but that one was my first after using only drugstore shit)
>>
>>8873647
water in the cleanser waaah
>a story about noob anon and noob sister
>>
>>8868865
I feel the exact same. I don't want to blow my money on something that I might not even like
>>
>>8873647
tony moly is super fucking cheap. are you underage?
>>
>is part of my local comm
>comm meets always fall on weekends
>work saturdays and trains are a nightmare on sunday
>don't like taking saturday off because i'm a student and need money for the fashion, cosplay, other needs and hobbies etc.
>feel awkward for never attending meets
>worried that if I ever went to a meet i'd somehow embarrass myself or dress poorly

I've been in the comm for 2 years, I've seen the girls at cons but I've never said hi because I feel bad for not attending any events.
>>
>>8873028
>>8873033
Thanks for the advice, Anons! I think E-bay might work well for the types of skirts I have. They're not brand, and not the best indie.
>>
>>8873791
Are you? Have you any idea how expensive online shopping is for EU residents after customs?
>>8873647
don't be a spanner and get your shit off ebay next time anon jeez

safe shops: rubyruby76, bringbringshop, rinishop, f2plus1, beautynetkorea, webtai, fujisan_jp, free p&p, go nuts
>>
>>8873791
No, but you're obvioulsy stupid enough to assume everyone lives in glorious America.
>>8873873 couldn't have answered better:
>Are you? Have you any idea how expensive online shopping is for EU residents after customs?

Also, thanks for the tips. I'll have a look at those shops. I always find myself chasing my tail when looking for online shops.
>>
>>8873192
who were your mentors anon?
Also that's such a cute feel, it's nice that you'd like to do that for someone when a lesser person would probably have dismissed them as weirdos
>>
File: 1423441036674.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1423441036674.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>chronic migraine worsening despite treatment
>vomit out of car window on the way to a meet

setting records for new lows with every comm event I (try to) attend
>>
File: giphy.gif (352 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
352 KB, 500x272
>>8872937
I actually remember you posting this, anon.

Would it help if you had a friend who was into frills with you? And maybe baby steps will help. Wearing a bow for an hour at home. Then maybe some cute shoes. Build up to the dress. You're not weak. Your existence is a testament to that.

My feels:

> gained 70lbs in a year due to depression triggering my BED.
> currently have lost twenty, but still gained a lot of stretch marks
> used to think I was cute, but now I cry with I think of how depression ruined everything and that I'll never be able to cosplay anything again because of how low my self esteem has become

I know it's my own fault, but I'm so unhappy with myself. I know I can lost the weight, but I can't lose the stretch marks. I had a lot of cute cosplays planned, but I can never do some of them now. I can't see myself being attractive ever again.
>>
File: gfgals.png (686 KB, 928x774) Image search: [Google]
gfgals.png
686 KB, 928x774
>want to meet cool new weebs in my area
>go to local con page and send requests to the coolest-looking weebs
>two days pass
>no one accepts
>eternalsolitary.jpeg
>>
I want to be e-famous so it's easier to sell my stuff. No one has been biting for so long and the prices are so low.
>>
>>8874512
Try your best to embrace those stretch marks, anon. I've never been overweight but grew really quickly as a young teen and have always had stretch marks around my hips and thighs. I used to loathe them and feel like you, but I've grown to actually think they're kind of pretty. And not just on myself, I've come to appreciate them on others. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's the body you have, so try to love it.
>>
>>8874537
I feel weird sending friend requests to strangers, but I too have seen some cool-looking people on local cosplay pages. My family recently abandoned me, so I've been looking for replacements. I don't want to feel like a creeper though.
>>
>>8874561
Thank you so much, anon. I guess I'm just really disappointed in myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and my body was getting closer to acceptable, before all this. I know that's a silly ideal to have, Ijust feel like I'll never be good enough now. But I'll try to slowly change my mindset. I think once my depression lets up, it'll be a bit easier.
>>
>>8874537
>>8874648
you don't send personal friend requests to people you don't know, 90% of the people I know and myself included only add people on FB if I've met them in person or we're mutuals on a different site and have talked a lot. Even if I have a lot of mutual friends with someone I probably won't accept if I have no idea who they are.
>>
>>8874681
Eh. I've gotten requests from random cosplayers, and I usually accept if they don't look too annoying.
>>
>>8874708
One of my friends got a friend request from a stronger and he turned out to be a psycho. Terrified of Facebook ever since.
>>
>>8873837
I'm similar anon. Been in a comm a year and a half and never been to a meet, although I met a couple of the girls at a neighbouring comm's meet. It's hard to take time off when you know you haven't spend a lot on a meet.
>>
>>8874512
I'd invest in and regularly use lotions/serums w/vitamin e content (iirc you can find vitamin e oils at beauty and health stores). Shea butter is a popular option.

It's been a dang while since I've been on fit and it's a shame we don't do fit Fridays anymore. Iirc, easing into a weight lifting routine also helps with stretch marks.

Good luck and I know it's difficult to say this to someone with depression, but do your best to take care of yourself over blaming yourself. I hope you'll be able to find the right care and support!
>>
After being suddenly laid off for almost two weeks, I finally got a job and started immediately after the interview! I was worried that I'd have to cancel future con weekend plans.

Bad thing is that the hours are part time (pay is alright) and although it's super busy, it is a locally owned business, so who knows how long it'll be around or how consistent my hours/paycheck will be.

I'm thinking about getting a second job since I'm out of school , but I forget how exhausting (and painful) working at a restaurant is and how much it sucked working 50+ hours a week.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455894550558.jpg (112 KB, 1066x1200) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455894550558.jpg
112 KB, 1066x1200
> bought my DD yesterday (pic related)
> been eyeing this dress since it first came out (was a poorfag and a beginner)
> my first full-price, streight-from-seller
> only got lucky packs or second hand till now
> still excited and happy but dear god this is a slippery slope... I hate to spend so much on clothings
>>
>>8865439
>>people tell her she doesn't care enough about her appearance, says it's for shallow whores who just want dick and acts like playing videogames makes her better than the "whores"
>>comes crying when she doesn't get her way be it with boys or when she loses a match on LoL
It's like /r9k/ came to life and to everyone's surprise was really a woman all along
>>
>>8875162
That dress is adorable congrats anon! Also personally if there isn't some necessity that I should be spending money I tend to feel like spending so much money on clothes is justified most of the time. I mean honestly if I don't spend it on clothes or something I usually end up spending it on fast food and stuff and I just feel that spending it on clothing is not only healthier than going out to eat but I'll enjoy it more in the long run so its justified.
>>
>>8868050
There is a gorgeous loli I crush on on Facebook and her blog. A few years back she was impeccably dressed and gorgeous and her com was all kind of ita.
Slowly but surely the rest of the comm began emulating her and now there are like seven gorgeously kitted lolis and the entire comm is stunning because of that one role model.
>>
>>8872957
A few years back I found my ultimate dream dress on Mbok. It was the most I had ever spent on a dress other than my wedding dress. When it arrived I put it on and hated it. Passionately.
I hung it in the back of my closest and denied its existence for six months. The. I pulled it out, did my hair and makeup and made a full coord with it. It was stunning and everything I had ever wanted. I guess I was so committed to it being perfect that even though it was it couldn't live up to my expectations. After I gave it some distance it really was perfect.
I hope yours ends up the same way. It is a great dress.
>>
>third thing I've bought on LM in a row
>third time a seller has lied to me about when they're shipping it and taken over a week to get that shit to the post office. Longest was 2.5 weeks.
I'm done being passive by not leaving feedback at all when I have a bad experience. If you can't manage to ship something within 7 days and especially if you don't communicate about it, don't sell. If I get retaliatory feedback I'll just report it.
>>
>bought Twinkle Journey jsk release in popular colorway
>it's long as hell on me to the point where I'd have to send it out to somebody for alteration
>fits beautifully otherwise
>however encountering money issues
>keep asking for tips on how short girls should wear longer dresses and have received none
>thinking of scalping it for money
>three days off next week
>everything else in my life is stressing me out
>I could fly someplace and use the money if the weather is decent
>on the other hand this is my dream print so maybe I should stick with it
>on the other hand the only way to coord it is with black x black or black x silver, maybe white
>would have to eventually spend extra money buying the accessories to wear it in an non boring way
>tfw inner conflict
>>
>>8874021
I believe she goes by DarkDevi on DA/tumblr and the other is Amber/Amani_kitty

I guess I wouldn't mind the first as much, but if I ever visit NY, I don't intend to see her.
>>
Tell me, frillies, do I have time to Sharpie dye a wig before a meet later this evening? I was holding out hoping the one I bought for this coord would get here in time.
>>
>>8875774
I wouldn't trust it to dry in time and it could ruin all your clothes.
>>
>>8875779
What if I let it lay in the sun a bit and then blow dried it with the cold setting so it's just air?
>>
>>8875789
>>8875774
Unless you can wear the wig without the dye job, you might as well try it. I'd recommend an up-do or something that doesn't touch your clothes since rubbing is the most likely thing to cause transfer. Make sure you check it with a white paper towel. If you can wear the wig as-is, just do that, or use an alternate.
>>
>>8875808
I don't like the color of the wig with my skin and it wouldn't work great with the coord. Also I'm just lightly tinting it a bit, and my top is completely dark so I'm not too worried about color transfer. The updo is a good idea though, thankyou. I don't have a ton of experience styling wigs but I'll see what I can manage!
>>
>>8875851
> rushed Sharpie dying
> lolita
It's like a horror story waiting to happen.
>>
>>8875851
Please be aware of the wig touching other things like walls an furniture. Don't be a lolita homestuck.
>>
>>8875851
I wouldn't do it. Sharpie dyeing is a disaster as is. Polydye or nothing. Just use the wig as is for the night and do the dyeing later.
>>
>>8875070
Thank you so much for your response! I'll buy some Shea butter and vit e oil today. Why can't we have fit Fridays anymore? I used to come on cgl a shit ton between 2008 and 2011 and then took a huge break until a year ago. No more power hours, no more fit Fridays, and janitors seem to delete lots of things even on topic.
>>
File: well u see.png (41 KB, 170x295) Image search: [Google]
well u see.png
41 KB, 170x295
>>8875856
I-I'll prove you wrong senpai. No embarrassing behavior from me.

>>8875879
Righto! Unless it's 100% dry I won't wear it.

>>8875886
The smell about killed me but it's the only option. I would use my regular hair but I have no bangs atm and a bad breakout on my forehead.
>>
>>8875904
Welp, it's dry. Worst anyone can say is that I smell like sharpie. Anything I can do about that? Should I try perfuming it or will that just be a gross worse mixture?
>>
>Feeling depressed and shitty about myself for unrelated reasons
>Been constantly shitposting my comm all day
>calling everyone's coords awful, calling myself awful
>Telling friends how shitty and awful they are, telling everyone else how shitty and awful i am

I'm crazy, i'm stupid, i can feel myself screaming in my head not to say these awful things and insult my friends so badly but i'm completely compelled to do it, i can hardly stop myself. I mean, they know i can have a case of the crazies from time to time but this is way worse than usual.
>>
>>8876137
If the perfume has alcohol mixed in it, that might lead to the sharpie smudging everywhere as if it weren't dry.
>>
>>8876147
Be a reasonable adult, not a fucking cold.I you can stop yourself, just get off the internet. There's nothing worse than selfish brats who blame their behaviour on their moods. Go to Tumblr if you think that kind of behaviour is okay.
>>
>>8875162
think of it as an investment. If it stays in good condition and you fall out of love with it you can recover quite a bit of the cost on it by reselling, otherwise, it's a beautiful dress that you'll get years and years worth of enjoyment out of. I think that's totally worth the money. And as >>8875456 saidmuch better than if you'd spent it on fast food or something like that.
>>
>>8876250
Sounds like behavior /cgl/ fosters, actually.

Anon, if you know you're prone to coping with feelings this way, I think you should start by limiting your time here, and I wish I was joking. That kind of poison FEEDS on a lot of the threads here.

Get away from the comm pages and Facebook.

Do things unrelated to the fashion, period. Or steps removed. Read some books. Try coloring or painting or whatever creative shit you gravitated toward as a kid. I'm not saying that to be feely. If anything, there's going to be moments where you're REALLY fucking angry and self-hating and you'll be alone, but part of confronting it IS being alone with it.

And obvious advice: get some mental help if you can afford it or if your area has a program. This doesn't seem like a slump.
>>
>>8876264
Maybe so, but I've been around here since before 2008, suffer from depression with a vindictive streak, and I've never, ever treated my comm members or cosplay friends that way. Whenever I know I'm starting to get vindictive, I stop, turn off computer, and do something to keep me busy, like exercising or knitting.

You can't take out your anger on others for too long. Especially in a hobby that revolves around community.
>>
>Rakuten global has a good coupon promo going on
>There's nothing I want to buy in any of the lolita shops on global
>>
>currently in uni with shit GPA, doing something I had no choice in bc Asian Parents™
>escapes into animu and cgl, spends shit tons of dosh on jfash, merchs and cosplays I'll only wear twice for cons
>becomes a kawaii consuming piggu while secretly wishing that I can just escape this whole mess, drop out and apply to art school and live the weaboo dream
>am actually not beyond considering sucking rich dicks and settle down at this point because I'm that unmotivated with everything
I, I'm not alone right, seagulls?
>>
>>8876480
Why suck dicks when your rich asian parents will give you money?
I have a friend from Taipei who has done nothing but dick around in the states for the past 12 years after failing to become a teacher bc his parents are loaded. The only thing he does for extra spending money is translate gaming cards sometimes. That's it.
>>
>>8876480
Are you me? Except I don't really want to go to art school. I do draw, but I don't know. I don't want to study anymore. I'm so damn emotionally tired, I just want to lay down and sleep forever.

>contemplating getting life insurance and killing myself
At least I won't burden my parents this way, though I doubt that will be enough to make up for all the years they wasted on me.
>>
File: whenkeepingitrealgoeswrong.gif (994 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
whenkeepingitrealgoeswrong.gif
994 KB, 500x375
>>8876480
You need to evaluate your financial situation and possibly seek help. Use the current resources at hand - I'm sure there's a nice financial section at your uni's library, a tutoring center, and a student health faculty when you need it. If you can't learn to manage your day to day finances and health in uni, it's going to be a lot harder once you either drop out or graduate.

Consuming kawaii shit might feel nice at first, but it all boils down to escapism and buyer's remorse and it's not getting better the more you consume.

>>8876484
Different anon, but I come from poor Asian parents; I wish I was in the position to ask them for money. OP sounds spoiled and misguided, but I wouldn't generalize.
>>
>friend is currently studying abroad in Japan
>we've had dreams of being Japan together since we were like 10
>she keeps asking me to come visit her
But
>we're growing apart, she really annoys me recenlty
>I still have to focus on finishing my degree, I can't just take a few weeks off of classes in my very last semester
>Im also applying for jobs and I don't want to risk scheduling a trip that would cut into days when I might need to go on job interviews (that happened to me when I went to Japan alone in 2014)
>should not be spending large chunks of money when I have to pay off loans

I've explained this to her ((except for the part about her being annoying lol)). I told her I really want to go and I mgiht be able to but I'll need time to figure things out with school and my job. She keeps sending me links to like coupons for airline tickets.

>but fuck I really want to go shopping in Japan maybe I should just say fuck it to responsibilities

Oh yeah but she's in an area of Japan super far away from tokyo and all the other big citities so I'd have to spend even more money and time to travel between places
>>
>>8876480
You can't afford your kawaii shit on your own with a weeb job, anon. Get your shit together for school, land a well paying job and then you can weeb out to your heart's content.
>>
>>8876497
I'd like to think that my spendings aren't too over the top... I can definitively cut down on my expenses though. I'm actually living off of student loan and part time bc I have terrible relationships with my parents (who are also very poor). I'm a poor ass but I realize I'm not living like one...
I am on wait list for mental health rn.

>>8876495
Haha, anon, for me the toughest times were when I can't see my own future beyond a week. I think it's very important to think how far can you see ahead of yourself? At least I can imagine myself graduating (in a year) and landing in a stable job. I definitely wouldn't have said the same a few months ago though.
Fight back anon! I don't believe you're in a situation where you would have nothing to lose.

>>8876503
Maybe I am still immature and can't handle my responsibilities, but I feel like when my current degree and future career prospects literally make me suicidal it's nice to dream about having an alternative?
Or maybe it's the whole loss of control thing. I'm literally hating everything simply because I didn't get to pick and choose.
>>
Ugh, I actually hate that the weather's been unseasonably warm. It's bringing out the crazies in this neighborhood. I move back home after graduating and it feels like I never left campus sometimes with all of the older neighbors moved into nursing homes or passed on.

I feel really bad for my folks. I want to help them move into a better, quieter neighborhood, and away from the irresponsible renters, but I can't afford to help them pay off their mortgage after being laid off (although recently hired elsewhere, but scheduling is not set in stone and not full time either, so I'm waiting for more interviews)

I originally budgeted for my school repayments and the cellphone bill (I offered to pay while I was still at home and since we're on the same provider), but I don't know if I can pay that off in time.
>>
>>8876515
The toughest time for me was a few semesters ago. I was literally sitting on the rails of a staircase, feet dangling, ready to jump. It's very hard to think properly in times like that, I'm very much aware. At that time, I was isolated from everyone, and I didn't notice how bad I had deteriorated. I still feel like I'm living on borrowed time, but it's going better now that I'm back with my friends.

I can see myself in a few months, but I'm not sure about a year from now. I'm going to soon be travelling to another city to study, and I'm sort of worried I'll revert back into that bad mindset from being isolated again. Haha, we'll see. Thanks for the encouragement, anon!
>>
hopefully this isn't too off topic

>got a new job to afford more cons
>haven't worked retail before, only medical
>first week our store is open
>guy hands me a $100 bill that seems fake but im not sure
>accepts it anyways because im a dumb idiot
>"anon did you take a $100 bill yesterday?"
>"yeah, why?"
>" yeah that was fake, now we're out $100"

the owner of the store is the nicest person ever and i feel like such a shitbag for not knowing what a fake bill looks like, went to my car and cried on my break. at least i know we have a fake checking marker now.
>>
>>8865619
Why is it either be a dirty weeb forever or completely lose interest in Japanese things? Just because people act like idiots about it doesn't mean those things are bad.
>>
>>8876663
Sounds like a weeb queen elitist to me.
>look at how much I'm better than all those weeb losers because I actually know the "nitty gritty" of nipponpon and graduated from a weeb- free STEM field!
>>
File: 1449717707388.gif (98 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1449717707388.gif
98 KB, 195x195
>tfw your cosplay is complete from the outside, but there are still some accessories you want to complete the ensemble and make it more comfortable to walk in
>tfw looking at the cost of these items
>>
>been working really hard on losing weight and getting fit
>have had the flu for the last week
>haven't been able to work out for the last week
>also haven't been able to work on any sewing or cosplay things
>staring at my dresses feeling like a sad sack who will never not be a fattychan

i just don't feel worthy of dressing up in nice outfits. my body is really strangely proportioned so i can never fit into nice blouses properly and my weirdly long torso means that dresses sit on me strangely. feels bad man.
>>
Here's some feels.

>have super insecure best friend
>we grew close when we realized we were both weebs + liked cosplay but
>since high school, jealous of my academic success
>she always tried to put me down and got pissed when her success wasn't recognized
>me now: full ride to out-of-state uni, will graduate with dual degree in humanities + summa cum laude, tons of extracurricular activities and awards, have multiple professors asking me to join their grad programs, etc
>friend despises hearing about this stuff, isn't open about her jealousy but short responses/change of subject makes it obvious
>which would be fine but
>...she didn't even know what my majors were until this year
>...doesn't know anything about my life in general
>brags about how ~superior~ her hard sciences degree is and how useless one of my degrees is (she doesn't know enough about my other degree to bitch about it)
>"i feel like your degree is even more useless than X humanities degree because at least people with X degree knows what they'll do after graduation"
>very politely explain why she's wrong
>but of course the only way she can feel good about her shit grades is by bemoaning how hard her major is and how humanities is just SO easy she could've had a 4.0 GPA (despite being a poor student since high school)
>she graduated, too low of a GPA for grad school, few extracurriculars, deeply in debt because had a modest need-based scholarship but lost it cause of shit grades
>no bites on all her job applications (her field is over-saturated)
>she's SO much fun when we cosplay/make up fanfics/be fucking weebs
>but outside that, she grates on my nerves with her cycles of bragging about her life/ragging on me
>all I want is a friend who won't belittle my success to make themselves feel better
>and likes anime and can cosplay half-decent
>>
>>8876736
Why do you still hang out with her then if you know that she's full of jelly towards everything you say/do?
Especially since she's also apparently shit at the only thing you guys have common interest in.
Sounds like you just like to show off, anon.
>>
>>8875901
That's because our janitors can do anything they want and they know it. Fuckers.
>>
>>8876411
I can't wait until someone in your community comes here to bitch about you. Or posts a secret.
>>
>>8876899
It won't happen because I'm not a child who acts like a bitch to others just because I'm having a bad day. Sucks to suck.
>>
>>8876526
I know it's hard, anon, especially when you really want to help your folks. I wish I had more encouraging words than, "Man, I feel you on this." But honestly, that's all I got. I hope things look up for us and we can pay off our debts and be the kids who give their parents the breaks they deserve,I guess.
>>
>>8875731
I'm actually inclined to say go for it anon. I short holiday might be what you need right now more than a dress.
>>
File: watamote-negative-aura.png (177 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
watamote-negative-aura.png
177 KB, 640x360
>Not been in into any new things in a long time, starting to feel that maybe i'm growing out of my hobbies
>Finally discover a new fandom I'm super excited for even thought it's a really unknown thing and I'm just being excited alone
> Half a month later (now) someone in my country contacts me "Hey, I see you like that thing too, wow, there aren't a lot of us!!"
> Nice, I can finally talk about this with someone!
>Check the other persons blog, she's absolutely gorgeous, knows so much about everything, so much more committed to the fandom than I could ever be (she looks to have so much money to use on merchandise), her cosplays from that fandom are totally awesome, she has been into that fandom about 6 years already, etc.
> I'm just newbie, poor, average looking, average cosplayer, etc.
> Start feeling really self-conscious and bad about yourself even if that another person seems really nice
> Now I'm so anxious that I'd just like to abandon the whole fandom and forget all my cosplay plans
>oh god i'm so lame and no good for anything, this is why i'm so lonely, I always get scared about people who are better than me in any way
>>
I know I shouldn't care, but the way people unfollow me on Instagram is starting to upset me.
My profile specifically states I post two things, but when I post one thing for a while I get a bunch of followers who then unfollow me when I post the other stuff, which leads to new followers that then unfollow me ad infinitum. I started to feel like I could only post a certain amount of one hobby without the other to dissuade people that think I'll only post one thing but it's a personal account and not for efame. It's right there on the profile bio that I post two different things, they press follow anyway. I try to ignore the count to stop myself feeling excited that people care and then bad for sharing two hobbies that people don't like together but it's just really disheartening.
>>
>>8875901
>janitors seem to delete lots of things even on topic
Move to cow or full, our numbers are growing, it's honestly better for a lot of things except talk about releases.
>>
File: f6PhR.gif (644 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
f6PhR.gif
644 KB, 500x439
>tfw make new seagull friends
It's a good kind of feel.
>>
>>8877087
Are you from the skype thread?
>>
>>8877400
I didn't post in it, but I added some people that did.
>>
File: tumblr_mke4mbXFit1rdh9g0o1_500.jpg (94 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mke4mbXFit1rdh9g0o1_500.jpg
94 KB, 500x282
>sell some dresses
>"I'm going to use the money for new dresses that I like better!"
>dryer starts acting fucking weird
>use money to get it repaired
>>
>>8876637
not your fault. it is part of standard cashier training to educate how to spot a fake bill. since it is the first week the store is open, they slipped up by not showing you how to check. one of those noob management mistakes.
>>
>>8877040
What is the fandom anon? Just curious. Also I know that feel.
>>
>>8876894
Read fourth line from bottom. She's a blast, but she knows nothing about my life because she gets jealous hearing about it and never asks- hence why she didn't even know my majors til this year. I know way more about her school life than she knows about mine.

And I don't care if you think I'm showing off, I'm frustrated that a close friend has no clue about something that's a big part of my life and that I'm excited about, and that she has to shit on the little she knows about my schooling because she can't be happy for a friend though I've always got excited when she found X internship or got X cool opportunity. I think it's bugging me enough that I should confront her about it, but idk if she'll react positively.
>>
>>8875670
Happy to hear you love it! What dress?
>>
>>8877040
Try not to compare yourself to others so much. It's awesome she reached out to you to share love for a fandom. Do your best to enjoy yourself without judgement.
>>
>actor I used to have a crush on likes one of my photos on instagram of a unfinished coord
>OH MY FUCKING GOD ALL THE FEELS I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS GUY BUT THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL
>get posted to the ita thread
lol that was gonna happen and I knew it

>some people want to know what I'm wearing
>people liked my hair
>coord wasn't even finished
>thought it was gonna be way worse
>that fucking feel when people are reblogging your pictuer and an actor digs your style

I never thought getting posted to the ita thread was going to be so eventful damn.
>>
Yet another depressed loser on 4chan, I know, but I've been feeling like shit recently. It came to a point of so much anxiety/emptiness where it was legitimately paralyzing (can't get out of bed or think clearly kind of thing). I've got shit I need to do so suicide isn't an option either.

Decided to go on /cgl/ after months of being away and it's been a little comforting knowing other people are doing stuff, bein human, even if the world is shitty. I got off my ass to work on my hobby and study today and I haven't felt so relieved in months. IDK if I can continue lolita or cosplay anymore but it's nice to see others' progress. It's just nice knowing everyone is still going, from the genuine advice-givers to the hugest of assholes on /cgl/.
Hope things can get better for everyone too.
>>
>>8877749
If you're just salty about your "friend" then why do you need to brag about all of your accomplishments? All you're saying is how much better you are compared to her and how shitty she is.
I definitely would never hang out with people who's just full of themselves. You sound like a pain in the ass.
>>
>>8877501
yeah, it makes it even worse that i'm suspended from checking people out now. but we live and we learn i guess.
>>
>>8876736
>implying most STEM majors don't have the same shitty attitudes towards humanities degrees bc of superiority complexes
>>
File: nomistyskyonsundays.jpg (41 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
nomistyskyonsundays.jpg
41 KB, 500x333
>buy skirt on LM
>seller is an absolute doll and ships right away
>check the tracking last night, package is "currently in transit to the destination"
>think cool, I will go to bed and when I wake up my skirt will almost be here
>wake up 3 hours early, wait around impatiently
>don't want to leave in case I have to sign for it
>also I'm impatient as fuck
>mail is usually here by now
>wait 3 more hours
>finally remember that it's sunday and that I'm an idiot
>mfw
>>
>tfw mods=gods

thanks, invisible whoever you are
>>
>one last look through of LM for a final gift to send to my White Day giftee
>is that my partner's top tier ultimate dream dress in the right colorway
>tfw I just got the best birthday present ever on top of the other presents I ordered
>now the stress of finding out if it's actually perfect bc this is a huge surprise
>>
>>8878545
exactly. they've been sort of absent lately but came at just the right time. thank you based mods
>>
>>8878613
I reported all of those threads
>>
>>8878615
Same.
>>
>>8877749
Anon, seriously, just bring it up with her. If she's that close a friend, she should understand if you point blank tell her how her attitude is really hurtful.
>>
>>8878608
wishing you a happy satisfaction anon
>>
File: 1450204596806.gif (1 MB, 268x280) Image search: [Google]
1450204596806.gif
1 MB, 268x280
>has been into lolita for a few years now
>haven't joined any local lolita comms
>has only worn lolita for about only 6 times in total
>This year, I get into Gyaru
>I hear about Himekaji
>I realized that the reason why I have not worn lolita so often was bc I only wore them during special occasions
>realized that I'm more comfortable with himekaji bc I wanted to be cute with a similar style with lolita fashion casually
>Lolita burando dresses, some blouses and accessories have been sitting there for nearly a year now
>am considering in leaving lolita for himekaji

I love my lolita dresses, but I feel that I won't go back to them anytime sooner anymore. I recently dressed up in a Himekaji coordinate and I couldn't have felt any happier. I feel that if I leave lolita, then I'll be missing out in so many things. Should I consider in selling my lolita clothes?
>>
>>8865439
This is so bizarre to me because I went to an arts school and did the nerdiest major (illustration) and in my year, all of the "weebs" were super well put together and clearly knew how to hide their power level. They were also incredibly nice to everyone, and the only thing people were really judgey about was artwork. The only reason anyone knew anyone else was a massive loser was because you have nothing better to do than eventually start talking about Naruto when your classes are 6 hours long.
We'd have studio get togethers whenever a new Pokemon game came out, after a group trip to the local Game Stop. And all the girls, we'd go on monthly trips to the mall to go clothes shopping. It was so surreal, because in the year below us, there were a lot of weebs like how you described.
>>
File: 1366509757687.gif (2 MB, 358x202) Image search: [Google]
1366509757687.gif
2 MB, 358x202
>Stop going to cons because I feel too old
>Post college and friends now live all over the country
>Decide to do a get together at a con and hang out for a week.
>Excited to see people, decide to make cosplay for old time's sake
>Suddenly remember that I am a NEET getting over depression
>Mom has been up my ass about being an embarassment and not getting a job.
>Decide to reapply to the store I used to work at when I was younger. Hoping to do part time so I can make money and get my shit together in the next year and then actually move out and actually use my degree.
>End goal is also money to make cosplay and go to con.
>Feels good, I now have a goal
>Getting spammed with calls from multiple store branches. Apparently people recognized my name as soon as my resume went up and there is now in-fighting over who gets to hire me.
>Didn't realize I was that good of an employee.
>>
Bluh, had the weirdest dream.
>Be me at a con with friends
>Spot an anxious looking PT in a lolita dress and I decide to say hi
>find out her room was given away and she needs a place to stay, I ask for her to stay with us.
>Have a really fun time with her, dressing her up, find out she really likes Monster High, bjds, ect.
>2ish days later she is gone and find my room a mess. Panic
>find lolita missing, my dolls painted on with parts of my ponies glued on.
>scream so hard I wake up
>Check my babies, everything is fine.

That was a stressful dream
>>
>>8867849
Hey, try looking up vocational rehab. I'm in it now and they helped me get what I needed for my mental health and will aid in getting the right job for you. Trust me, they will help you
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.