[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Katsucon 2016 pt. 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
Old thread has reached its limit: >>8862122

Beltway's pretty clear except fucking truck drivers don't know how to drive, I fucking swear.
>>
Oh also. There was ANOTHER fucking fire alarm this morning at the Gaylord. Jesus.
>>
What the fuck is 1449 and why were so many people bitching about them in the last thread?
>>
>>8865584
Because they are a bunch of try bards with no shame. For example this shit:
http://youtu.be/9Nu_KyCcA1I

Allegedly they got kicked out of their room for having a naked drunk teenager but that sounds like bullshit to me. Honestly their shit of coming into /cgl/ and trying to prove how hard they party and advertising their room parties (which they charge for and that's illegal) is why people bitch about them so much.

I work with one of them and it's so sad. Like he has no shame and shows people his music video then video tapes their reactions because he thinks that they'll think it's good... The normal reaction is silence.
>>
Any one else having flight issues?
>>
Heard a bunch of girls got ruffied Friday night at the lounge
>>
>>8865607
Most people realize that the US with all three hundred million guns isn't a mad max post apocalypse shootout. Also the lack of anyone around him giving a shit contributes to the lack of panic
>>
>>8865604
That was lulzy as fuck if they aren't being serious which it looks like. Develop a sense of humor bro.
>>
>>8865639
It's not funny, and you're autistic if you think it is.

Just like all of 1449.
>>
>>8865578
I swear they need to have a staff that isn't a bunch of arsonists.
>>
>>8865643
>Being this mad about people having different tastes than you
>>
Anyone get any great or cringe lolita pictures? Trying to find my friends.
>>
I'm going to go out on a limb and guesstimate that the most cosplayed fandoms at Katsucon were Star Wars, Love Live, and Owari no Seraph.
>>
>>8865684
You'd be correct. That one fucker who looked exactly like Kylo Ren was pretty epic though.
>>
>>8865653
HI 1449!
>>
>>8865686
Who?

What I noticed were the dudes who had the right height and build really half-assed their costumes, and the women were the only ones even trying to be accurate. They were fraying their outfits and getting the texture on the saber and stuff. Dudes just wrapped themselves in black fabric, threw on a Target mask and called it cosplay.

Only saw one person with their hair right all weekend. Too bad she was a short girl who didn't even bind.
>>
>>8865686
>>8865815
No, I saw him too. I think it was on Saturday, he was a pretty great face cosplay, if a bit short and skinny.

I only spotted him just as I stepped onto the elevator so I didn't get a chance to really look at the costume construction, I was mostly just looking at his face.
>>
>>8865758
Literally the first post I made in this thread was asking who they are lol
>>
>>8865829
I meant it was epic more because of his face and how much he looked like him
>>
>>8865574
britfag here, someone shared this on my facebook praying this wouldn't happen at kitacon. how much of it is actually true?
>>
>>8865894
They are all real. Either drunks, stupid kids, or drunk stupid kids.
>>
>>8865894

>tfw you are scared they will ruin things for magfest/start coming to magfest period
>>
>>8865894
It's true. All of it.
>>
File: 05_20162515_e0894a_2531194a.jpg (92 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
05_20162515_e0894a_2531194a.jpg
92 KB, 1500x1000
>>8865957
>>
>>8865894
This is why I get the Residence Inn across the street. Its much cheaper than the Gaylord and has a free breakfast and a full kitchen in each room.

What's really nice though is that the hotel made every obvious looking Katsucon attendee sign a wavier form that allowed the hotel to kick them out if the receive one complaint or damage report regarding their room. To twist the knife even further they would hit them with a $250 "inconvenience fee" if they got kicked out.

This was on top of the strict "no party policy" they had.

I don't look like the type of person that would attend a con (dad mode on) so the staff were chill with me.
>>
>>8865894
Is this standard for East Coast cons or just Katsu?
>>
>>8865995
With property damage of this level, it's generally only Katsu. Only thing I could think would come close was when I went to a room party at AUSA where they moved the bed and mattresses to the corner of the room to fit people into the room party.
>>
>>8865995
I've never seen this kind of shit at another east coast con. At least not northeast.
>>
Ok which one of you faggots fucked up the Marriott for Katsu. It looked like a war zone in some places on my way out.
>>
>>8865995

I think its regional

http://fancyclopedia.wikidot.com/disclave-flood

Back in the 1990s it was pretty common for small cons to be kicked from hotels for damage, fairly or not.
>>
>>8866042

Karma for not having them back in 2002!
>>
File: 1408766954527s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1408766954527s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>8866026

Meant that post to reply to this
>>
>>8865838
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>8865995
I think it's just Katsu. Another East Coast convention had an issue with Homestucks in body paint jumping into the pool and discoloring it and punk kids writing in sharpie on an outside LED wall but that's about it as far as damage goes.

I was honestly shocked to see the pics from Katsu because I've never seen damage that bad from an anime con.
>>
>>8866303
Yeah, Otakon has the perpetual fountain soaping and swimming. Not permanent damage, but enough to get it blocked off a few times.
>>
>>8865628
I saw a few girls say that on FB, but i know they are idiots who easily get drunk and try to mix shit, so I usually disbelieve them.

"Oh shit I drank 15 drinks, but then I got one more and started feeling sick! I got roofied!"

No bitch, that's called drinking past your FUCKING limit!
>>
>>8865867
I saw him Friday walking round all emo! Tall skinny guy who was dragging his lightsaber on the floor half the time with his mask in his other hand
>>
>>8865995
A lot of the East Coast away from home cons are like this. Last AnimeNext people threw a roll-away bed off the roof of the hotel at night
>>
>pictures of your cosplay start surfacing
>realize you wayyyyy overcontoured

Oops.
>>
>>8865604
Wait... He tapes your coworkers reactions?
>>
>>8866377
I say better over than under.
>>
I heard that Dylan fishnet guy was at Katsucon and he attacked some Corrin cosplayer and forcefully sucked on her toes and shit.
>>
>>8865894
I've been going to Katsucon for 8 years and some people in my room for 13 years, none of us has ever heard of this much damage. Ever. Shenanigans are bound to happen at any con but this was taking it way too far. I can see Katsu changing rules or something after this. In addition to the flooded room and busted lights I also heard that a balcony door in one of the rooms got ripped off.
>>
>>8866439
>forcefully sucked on my toes and shit

Cool Freudian slip
>>
Katsucon usually just has broken elevators (from sheer over use, which is the hotel's problem). Most cons I hear about idiots with paint messing stuff up, but nothing more. I know some hotels do pull out their old linens for otakon.

That said, hotel rooms / apartments / whatever do sometimes flood.

If you hit or otherwise trigger a sprinkler, you can flood a room very quickly and there is no stopping that once it happens. A lot of people don't know that hanging something on a sprinkler will cause it to dump bathtubs full of water on you in seconds.

Also, leaving a sink or shower on by mistake, or because you pass out....

or just a pipe having an issue while you aren't in the room.

The graffiti and the exit signs are pretty big though. That's clearly someone misbehaving.
>>
>>8865604
>That first chick's gut
>confused middle aged Indian with a fupa
>any semblance of dancing

Wtf is this high tier cringe
>>
>>8866628
>Katsucon usually just has broken elevators (from sheer over use

NO, this is from people who think an elevator doesn't know how to go up when you press up and down when you press down.

People told me I both had to go up to go down and go down to go up. I didn't do either and I got up and down to my 11th floor room just fine all day every day.

The only issue I ran into in the elevators were people crowding it on the 2nd floor trying to go up while I was trying to get off at the Attrium. I'd try to stay in the front but giant costumes would block me and it'd be a project to let me out.

Also, when you press the down button and get on an up elevator, it stops on your floor on the way down, making everything take longer. If I had a dollar for every person who insisted they were right only to sigh when they inevitably saw my face when the doors opened on 11, I could have actually afforded to drink at the hotel bar.
>>
I noticed Yaya Han didnt come this year. Is it true that she was banned?
>>
>>8866719
No It was her choice to not come
>>
>>8866719
Nah, she had to work the strip joint this weekend.
>>
>>8866719
>Is it true that she was banned?
what happen really
>>
>>8866890
There was a rumor been going on where she slapped a person last year and now they've banned her for it.
>>
>>8866719
No she just didn't want to answer questions about her toxic fabrics all weekend so she bailed
>>
>>8866101
1449 throws the best parties. We just being h8d on.
>>
>>8866955
I would believe this. They're not "toxic" but they're not great either. I have sensitive skin and nothing in a Joanne's has bothered me before; this shit I can't even stand the smell of. They're also not good fabrics period, and I don't know what costume(s) they're supposed to be for.
>>
>>8866019
lol that's exactly what 1449 did for their Katsu party, needed room for the beer pong table, of course
>>
>>8867074
Before I was heading over to the AUSA party, I heard they were just playing Uno beforehand. When I got there, was mostly sitting around and a kigu group hyping up to go to the rave. Getting in and out of the room was a chore because of how stuffed the room was. Not really my type of party, but the few that I talked to were okay.
>>
>>8866342

Pretty sure it did happen. There were actually a good amount of girls that were okay one moment and then ridiculously fucked up the next. One of the girls was straight foaming at the mouth in the bathroom and had to get forced to puke.
>>
File: P1013644.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P1013644.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
anybody here for this moment ?
it was hilarious watching people come out of their rooms to see what everyone was cheering about. plus that kuzco is so funny. him and drake were probably my favorite cosplayers the whole weekend.
>>
>>8867158
Jesus.
>>
>>8865684
Of the 4.5K photos I took, 1.1K are love live.
>>
>>8867523
>4.5k photos
were you just holding down the shutter button in burst?
>>
>>8867158
Sucks to hear then, but no legit I had half my roomates saying they think they were roofied and I'm like, you bitches were pregaming in the room for a good 1-2 hours before hitting the parties on Friday and Saturday where you probably down just as many drinks
>>
>>8867170
I was there any I still have no idea what the fuck that was all about. I thought it was a famous voice actor or something?
>>
Any more photos of damage?
>>
How do I deal with postcon depression? I've felt bad before but not like this. So many things I should have done better or more of in only one weekend. Fuck.
>>
>>8867742
Just go back to life and try to improve for next con.

Get some rest too our you'll catch the plague
>>
>>8867742
Go to another con, mine is AB next month

I missed out on a lot of things too looking back but there is always next year for us
>>
>>8867748
I may have already got it, my gut hurts bad. Real life is so soulcrushing after all that. I'm at work right now and it is miserable. I'm also terrified of actually speaking to my new acquaintances, this was pretty much the first time I met anyone at cons. Im terrible at socializing. Fuck. Sorry for venting. I wasn't even looking forward to Katsu but it was definitely the best con I've been to.
>>
>>8867756
That sounds fun, but I don't really have the cash or vacation days to go to another con that far. I've got AMA and Otakon to look forward to at least. I wish hotels weren't so expensive, even after splitting the cost.
>>
File: nyoro_n_by_blue_ivy.png (66 KB, 256x200) Image search: [Google]
nyoro_n_by_blue_ivy.png
66 KB, 256x200
>>8867742
>Meant to buy some cheap PS2 games to play while stuck in all this snow
>Forgot because I had to rush to meet my ride at the end
>>
>>8867777
Could always emulate them. The snow wasn't even bad in my city, where you at?
>>
>>8867784
About 30 minutes south. Everything is iceing over bad
>>
>>8867762
>Sorry for venting.
No problem anon. I hope you get better.

Also don't feel afraid to talk with your new friends! Remember, Cosplayer and con-goers are just a bunch of awkward geeks too.
>>
>>8867786
Oh, I'm two hours south. It was icy yesterday but very drivable now. I guess you've played through Okami already, that's my favorite ps2 title. No clue if it emulates decently though. I'm drawing a blank on other recs
>>
>>8867797
Yeah, Okami is a favorite of mine. I was planning on stocking up on fighting games. I really missed out on most of them growing up and I'm trying to git gud.
>>
>>8867776
My cons are pretty spread out as well so what gets me through postcon depression is immediately going to the FB group of the next con and talking to people there and sharing updates on cosplays and stuff. It's easier to deal with when you're spending your time getting hyped for the next one.
>>
>>8867800
Good luck anon, I've always sucked at fightan games. I didn't play any growing up either, except Smash if you count that.

>>8867810
I'll check that out later then, I don't use Facebook much but the con pages can be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion anon.

>>8867793
I already am. It's just hard for me to approach others. When you're wearing a mask or even a cosplay, it can feel like you aren't you. That helped me a lot this weekend, I don't think regular me could ever be so confident. But the person I'm most timid towards had such an amazing cosplay, and was so popular I don't know if they'd even bother talking to me or just think I'm a creep and block me. Plus they live like twelve hours away, I don't want to not see them again.
>>
>>8867821
>But the person I'm most timid towards had such an amazing cosplay, and was so popular I don't know if they'd even bother talking to me
If you got along you have nothing to worry about anon!

And if they do act cold, fuck them, they weren't worth your time.
>>
>>8867838
I'm kinda confused if they actually want me to chat, they were friendly when approached but would always run off quick. I noticed em do the same to plenty of others. They've been nice in the few comments we exchanged on social media. I'll just have to try it. What really sucks is they apparently stayed up all night hanging out with another person I met, I wish I hadn't gone to bed so early but I had to drive.
>>
Does anyone know the really big woman on staff with the colossal ass? She was pretty much perfection but I didn't get a chance to talk to her.
>>
>>8867854
Yeah I know that type. Don't worry, lots of Cosplayers only get to see some of their friends at cons, so they often bounce around.
>>
>Love Live performance at the fountain yesterday
>The Nico was 0/10 ugly as fuck
>Try to brush it off
>end up leaving early because I couldn't stand seeing my waifu disrespected like that
>>
File: BONESAW IS READY.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
BONESAW IS READY.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>8867996

It's the Nico Nico Knees brother
>>
I was excited to meet a bunch of photographers I've been following online. Turned out most of them were jerks . Unlike their pages
>>
>>8867996
how ugly are we talking? pics?
>>
>>8868010
Most of them are busy trying to chase Cosfamous or shooting with friends.

You have to groom your photags
>>
>>8867893
Figured it was something like that. Thanks for the chat anon.
>>
>>8868019
No problem anon! Hope you had fun!
>>
>>8866437
Yes. Like to share with people because he thinks that they will enjoy it and think that he is a good rapper or something. Idk it's more depressing then anything.

>>8865894
This shit is ridiculous. Now I am terrified that I won't get my incidentals back because in my room there was sharpie on the wall about the pipes when I got there. I called the front desk immediately about it and showed it to the bellhop who brought my rollaway in and the cleaning staff.

>>8866699
Hey gut girl is a top earning stripper in Bmore.
>>
>>8867996
>your waifu is the sweetest, cheeriest, happiest anime character in existence
>the very first person you see cosplaying her in person has a resting bitch face and doesn't even crack a smile
I don't care if I sound autistic, my rage could have melted a thousand suns.
>>
>>8868012
I was thinking about taking pictures, but decided not to. I think it was a man (?) maybe
>>
>>8868012
This same person
>>
>>8867996
>>8868066
This fucking guy is annoying as hell. He talks in third-person online and refers to himself as "Nico". He also thinks he is top shit for crossplaying in the first place. Someone please tell him off
>>
>>8868071

As someone who knows this cosplayer I think it's just better for you to ignore it. I personally find the whole 3rd person thing curious but it's not really my place or business to talk shit, I just overlook it. It can feel a little awkward but nothing worth getting my panties in a bunch. When you talk to Nico in person it's not nearly as bad as you're making it.

tl;dr lol you're mad someone else is having fun.
>>
>>8868066
Lol I kinda know this guy, at least he's active in the NY area. Dunno why he has a hardon for crossplaying but hey, he has a right to do so and it's up to you to be offended or whatever by it.
>>
>>8868066
oh yeah, this is the guy that hosted the love live meet
>>
>>8868097
As someone who also knows him, and knows this is him (yeah you can't hide by not typing in third person), your full of shit. You know your cringy as hell and you have acted as others to whiteknight yourself. Everyone else finds it just as annoying but too nice to say it since you like to think everyone discriminates against you for crossplaying.
>>
>>8868066
He looks vaguely familiar. Does he also do Mermaid Melody?
>>
>>8866458
Nah, I think it's better to under than over...overcontouring sometimes looks really fucking scary.

>>8866377
Was it overcontoured in a bad way (like some of the scary makeup the japanese cosplayers like to do) or did you just look like a lost Kardashian? If it's the latter it might not have been too bad.
>>
The mugi playing piano in a corner all day was so ????
Kinda weird but also really funny, they seemed like they were having a good time. I heard they pulled a Titanic band on Saturday and kept playing through the fire alarm evacuation.
>>
>>8867854
>>8867893
This is exactly what I did all weekend, I felt bad ditching people so quickly but I was running around to get to shoots and make sure I at least said hi to everyone.
>>
>>8868165
i saw them, they were maki at some point of the convention
>>
>>8868010
Name some names!
>>
>>8868066
does he do honk too? I feel bad for honk because of him.
>>
>>8868228
I only know of him cosplaying Rin and Nico
>>
>>8866712
>People told me I both had to go up to go down and go down to go up. I didn't do either and I got up and down to my 11th floor room just fine all day every day.
And I couldn't get from the 5th floor done or up without doing so, and if you pressed a button for a bottom floor as the elevator was going up, it would deselect itself.
But go ahead, tell more lies about a con you clearly weren't at.
>>
>>8868254

I think anon meant getting on up elevators because they would be emptier.

Like all those fucks getting on down elevators at Balcony/Lobby (myself included) so the Atrium floor would already have people going up.
>>
>>8868165
I think they were at otakon last year too
>>
What kind of shenanigans did 1449 get into?
>>
>>8868291
Not even mad, if you gotta get somewhere.
Time to rant for a hot:
>goddamn SW photoshoot was hot ass
>fucking maid cafe
>next year, bring more booze rather than liquor
>get my thirst under control for next year
>>
>>8868132

Sorry anon, I figure you would have assumed that given I didn't throw pronouns to this Nico but I was simply dancing around possibly giving the wrong pronoun. Hence why my comment sounds 3rd person-like.

You don't need to get so mad at the person. They're just trying to enjoy themselves. Ssme with the whole group of con idols.

I personally don't agree with much of their hobbies but I can respect it because it doesn't harm me and it doesn't harm you. Stop being salty over someone else's pursuit of fun and ignore it.
>>
>>8868109
No ones offended by crossplaying we're offended by how fucking ugly dude is.

At least it matches Nico's ugly personality
>>
>>8868165
She appears pretty much every Maryland con that I know of. (Or at least all the ones I've been to.) In past years she played a guitar, I suppose lately she's been doing piano as well now.
>>
>>8868066
Saturday afternoon he was cosplaying someone from KanColle and didn't tuck in his shit and his balls were hanging out of his panties. Dude is a freak
>>
>>8868165
She was outside, playing in the cold.
If she didn't already have a blanket on her shoulders, I would have giver her my coat.
I did that repeatedly during the fire alarm.
>>
My experience with the Gaylord this year:
>first time getting a suite
>Gaylord staff seemed to imply to my friend that suites mean either atrium or river view
>super pumped either way
>realize there was some sort of miscommunication or misleading or something
>wonderful view of a parking garage
Okay bummed but not a big deal
>Friday night our cards stop working for the door to get in to our suite
>friend who booked room goes downstairs and gets card reprogrammed
>comes back up and tries card again, still doesn't work
>calls front desk, requests someone come help us with our room since it's obviously the lock and not the keys
>wait like 45 minutes.
>Guy comes up, tries the keys, and when it doesn't work (obviously since it's what we called for) THEN calls engineering
>Tells us "Engineering will come fix it when they're not busy"
>I ask for some sort of time to expect because I'm in full cosplay and just want to take my fucking costume off or go to the convention or something
>"Well I don't like to give time frames but engineering is very busy today. They'll get to it when they can."
We eventually got engineering to come but we had to go talk to management first.
I would get it if it had been Saturday with the fire and whatnot or Sunday with all the property damage but it was like 4pm on Friday.
Maybe I'm just a cunt but there are a bunch of different ways to say the same thing without implying that is not being able to get back into the room we paid for wasn't a priority.
Polite sage for unrelated ranting
>>
>>8868438

That sucks, anon. I'm sorry. I can't fully blame the gaylord aince I figure cons would be hella busy. But I definitely feel your frustration.
>>
>>8868254
>>8868291
The elevators in the carpeted hallway are fucking GOAT. They were almost always faster for me to use even though my room was on the other side of the floor once I got up.
>doesn't go below floor 2
>doesn't even go to floor 3
>almost never have to go up to go down or vice versa
>>
>>8868438
Man you should have had someone complain to management.
>>
This is the first time I've seen numerous complains and photos of Katsucon attendees breaking stuff. Has it always been like this or was 2016 the year it started?
>>
>>8867797
Okami is too good to emulate
>>
>>8868321
You're the one bitching about nothing. You can't control if hot or ugly people cosplay what characters. I'll raise my eyebrow if I see fatties cosplaying characters they shouldn't be cosplaying, but it's out of anyone's control so why bother investing time and emotion complaining about it on the internet. Take a chill pill, anon.

To keep things relevant, anyone got any one night stands? My friend got some from a girl he met the day before and I'm curious how that happens.
>>
>>8868593
>but it's out of anyone's control
I mean some people can just work out.

I get that some people have body type that working out won't help, but that doesn't excuse those who can actually make a change.
>>
>>8867742
I feel you. The post-con blahs, Gravity Falls finale, and personal stuff like sudden unemployment are coalescing into an icky thing this time. It was just such a good con??

I'm dealing by planning cosplay groups, trying to find a new job, and drawing lots.
>>
>>8868165
>titanic band and mugi
>playing through evacuation

only thing I regret not seeing this weekend.
>>
>>8868593
>writes a paragraph talking about investing time and emotion complaining
>directed at someone who typed a single sentence about an uglychan
lol ok bro
>>
>>8868593
>I'm curious how that happens.
Just start talking, find out you click, then someone makes the offer.
My boy did the same, got shot down tho. Feel for him, but only a little.
>>
>>8868637
Hm, it always sounds simple but I'm getting the confidence for it. Currently taken but I'm practicing talking to girls at cons on a not trying to get laid way to get used to the feeling. One said she'd have made a move if she didn't have a girlfriend so I'm getting somewhere, probably.

Katsucon just seems like a better con to get laid than say Otakon because of the venue though.
>>
>>8868659
>I'm getting the confidence for it.
That is, as usual, the only thing you ever need, really.
>Currently taken but I'm practicing talking to girls at cons on a not trying to get laid way to get used to the feeling.
Actually really good for you.
I've never gotten more success than when I was already taken.
>>
>>8868066
Not sure if the same guy, but some Hispanic Madoka dude tried to hit on me at the rave, and didn't leave me alone until I told him I'm not gay
>>
>>8868665
Yeah there was a girl who I think was interested but I didn't make any overt advanced bc gf. We're friends on fb now though, nothing wrong with having more cute girl friends.
>>
>>8868708

Not the same guy.
>>
>>8868066
i skipped all the LL meetups because he gave me the creep. you can tell he totally crossplay to get near underage cosers.
>>
>>8869556
Why would anyone go through the effort of crossplay when you can just be another shitty photographer?
>>
>>8868163
Neither. My jaw is aggressively muddy. It looked barely visible in the hotel bathroom, but bam, completely different in the con center light.

Lesson learned.
>>
>>8869556
>crossplay
>to get near underage cosers

None of that makes sense. If he wanted to get near underaged cosplayers he'd either be a photographer or cosplay some of the popular male characters that underaged girls swoon over, like Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji.
>>
To anyone else darker than your average soap bar, were you approached by a photog asking for 28days cosplay photos?
I don't like the hashtag so I shooed the guy away but he seemed really weird about it. He was taking pictures of anyone who wasn't darker than a piece of toast and skipping over some decent looking costumes for closet cosplays. Just seemed weird.
>>
>>8869729
Yeah, when doing makeup it's better to try doing it in the natural light like a desk by the window with a lamp, bathroom light can be super weird like that sometimes.
>>
File: Hi.png (99 KB, 202x214) Image search: [Google]
Hi.png
99 KB, 202x214
>>8868066

tfw you went to the same school and club as this person
>>
I feel like i doged a bullet by missing the pkmn meet. So much cringe.
>>
Helped a girl who ended up having a seizure outside of the rave.
Don't do drugs kids.
>>
>>8870286
Is she the one who got carted away in a wheelchair? I was getting my coat from the check when I literally heard people screaming "MOVE, GET OUT OF THE WAY, EMERGENCY" and then a person getting rushed along in a wheel chair
>>
Did anyone else notice the abnormally high number of cripples/handicaps/wheelchairs this year?
>>
>>8868309
Kill yourself
>>
>>8870648
No but I saw a LOT of services doggos
>>
>>8869877
tfw still in that school and he still backs in crossplay
>>
File: eagel.png (49 KB, 143x135) Image search: [Google]
eagel.png
49 KB, 143x135
>>8870756

I saw a terrified Corgi trying to hold its shit in.
>>
>>8870718

Your tears are too salty today. But not as salty as the cum I'm tripping from my gaping pussy.

Fuck me harder, anon.
>>
>>8871144
Hawt.
>>
>>8870648
>>8870756
I noticed. Then again, I was one of them. It was pretty neat not being the only legally blind person. Legit legally blind Toph made my con. And I wasn't the only albino either. (I was working the Nekocon table in the Vendors' Hall, so you might have seen me.)
>>
>>8871144
0-100 holy shit anon
>>
>>8870648
I was one of them. I've recently been dealing with some chronic pain, going through physical therapy.

PS. The only time I was made uncomfortable about it was when another handicapped person made a big deal about it.

It's kinda uncomfortable when people make it so big and gushy and emotional? It's really creepy, fucking stop.
>>
>>8870648
>wear a small medical device
>now wondering if I was an identifiable gimp or if nobody noticed
>>
>>8870648
........ok so? congrats anon you have eyes and probably 0 friends
>>
>>8870648
Yeah a lot of landwhales in "MUH GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE CHAIR" with their "therapy dogs" so people aren't completely repulsed by them
>>
>>8871298

No one has 0 friends anon. It was an observation and just because they can't stand up doesn't mean they need to you do it for them. Here's a random pic from the convention.
>>
>>8871334
>Titty Vincent

Why do people do this?
>>
>>8870756
>>8871169
>>8871193
>>8871332
>>8871291

It only really hit home during the evacuation when a heavy girl was having some kind of anxiety/asthma attack and caused everyone to be further evacuated from the garage staircase and into the lot. I can't imagine how difficult it was for the cripplefriends.
>>
>>8865995
Katsu mostly. Anime Boston has it's issues. But Sheraton cracked down hard after '13's drug shit. I mean they try ever year to bring the Rave back. But the entire city of Boston shuts them down.
>>
>>8866303
>Another East Coast convention had an issue with Homestucks in body paint jumping into the pool

Ah, that would be Animazement. :^)
>>
>>8871350
i was changing costumes when it was happening. all that i saw of it was the posts on /cgl/ and of course all the post-con FB jokes about it.
>>
>>8871395
Yes, yes it would be. Same with the graffiti on the LED wall.
>>
>>8870946
That shit always bugs me as someone who does occasionally bring the pooch along. Only really when no one can take the little shit as family is working or has cats (legit the only dog person in the family) And I can't board due to dog aggression brought out by a shitty ex friend's dog bad training.

Is it really that hard to treat it like a regular vacation and keep the dog's comfort level reasonable?
>>
>>8871334
I have 0 friends.
>>
>>8871381

They tried a couple years but current AB leadership is nothing but happy to have it gone. Too many people coming in for nothing but the rave and causing problems
>>
>>8871748
That always amused me being from the area. Hardcore ravers coming all the way out to a anime con's rave.There's still that 21+ one but Never gone myself.
>>
>>8871748
And I'm happy too. The rave really did just cause nothing but problems and I hope they can use the extra money from not having to allocate funds to the rave, for better things.

>>8871381
Either for 2015 or 2014 (I forget) they officially said there were gonna stop trying and leave it be, so.
>>
Raves have no business at anime cons. They just bring in the worse kind of trash.
>>
sorta related to the service dogs thing but on Friday at least I noticed a shit ton of people with babies and I just couldn't fathom why. I think families have the right to take their children out to places for sure, but I just don't believe that a convention is a good place for kids younger than like, 3, ESPECIALLY literal babies. It just seems like a really easy environment for them to get sick in or stressed out by.
>>
>>8872074
Thank god, I felt bad for the Venues they'd run to trying to get it. I think in 15 was the last time. I recall there was a festival or something occurring and BPD was not having any AB bullshit when they were already spread thin. They get called to the Hynes enough as is.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.