[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CGL White Day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: CGLwhiteday.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1081) Image search: [Google]
CGLwhiteday.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1081
Hello dear seagulls

After the Christmas event, some of us were talking about a White Day gift exchange, so here it is !
(I'm not a part of the Santa event)

I want to add some new rules:
1*- You must ship the gifts with a valid TRACKING NUMBER (for prevent trouble and have a proof you've sent it)
2* - You must put a link to your feedback (Ebay, Lacemarket, for example) on the registration form. This will keep private.
3* - If you "grinch" someone, you will be permabanned from this event.

You can join the CGL White Day between 23/January to 31/January
I'll assign your giftee between 1st January - 4th January
You have until 14/March to send your gifts (please do as soon as you can, preferably before 31th of February)
If you want to leave the event, or modify your registration, send me an email BEFORE the 31th of January.

Further questions: WhiteDayCGL(a)outlook.com
>>
File: bfg-3.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bfg-3.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>8827514
If you want to participate, please fill this registration form before 31 / January
http://pastebin.com/ydr6L6Qn
>>
Could you maybe create a google form or a basic question list like the Santa anons?
Something like:
1.Name and Address
2.Feedback
3.Interests (favorite brands, favorite colors/themes, husbando, preferred items)
4.Allergies/extreme dislikes
5.Open to international (yes/no)

I feel like those were questions/issues that came up for the Christmas one fairly frequently.
I think setting one price bracket would be good, but allowing multiple and putting that with the questions would also be a good idea.

If you'd like more help, I'd be willing to work on organizing things, too. You/we should try to get fb from the Santa anons as far as potential problems/grinches.
Also, requiring tracking will probably eliminate intl. for a lot of people.
>>
>>8827535
Here again. Please ignore my post.
>>
>>8827535
Allergies added, good point
http://pastebin.com/ydr6L6Qn
Sorry for put the link into a pestebin but 4chan keeps flagging it as spam
>>8827542
Don't worry anon
>>
>>8827514
>I'll assign your giftee between 1st January - 4th January

I'm assuming you meant February?
>>
>>8827575
>>8827514
I'll assign your giftee between 1st February - 4th February
Thanks for the correction
>>
sounds fun! I think I'll do this because I saw some of the secret santa threads after people had got their gifts and I really wished I had joined.
>>
I was bummed that I missed the deadline for the secret santa so I'm definitely joining this.
>>
>>8827514

Im interested in participating in this and would love to ship gifts internationally, however the valid tracking number thing, Im in New Zealand, standard shipping is around $9USD the second I want a tracking number the price jumps to around $40USD.

So am I definitely counted out for this? I would be happy to send photos of the gifts and the package and receipts? Or is tracking an absolute extreme MUST regardless of whether I provide other proof and I definitely can't join?
>>
> didn't get anything from my santa
> never received a reply from my santee
I don't want to feel jaded, but I am feeling like a jaded salty bitch.
>>
File: 1447243639039.jpg (156 KB, 464x437) Image search: [Google]
1447243639039.jpg
156 KB, 464x437
>>8827833

Maybe youll get lucky and find someone in NZ or AU? Or is that your guys rates for even local shipping? If so thats horrible anon
>>
>>8827833
Ugh, I get how you feel. I'm an Ausanon and I wanna do this SO BAD but to send a small, untracked parcel to a friend in the US it'd cost me $15AUD, meanwhile the tracked parcel she sent me of the same size and weight cost her $5USD.

Why must we live with terrible shipping cost.
>>
>>8827842
I think they just mean international tracked is that much, because they talk about wanting to ship international.

Similarly tracking international gets expensive in the US, for me personally it's annoying trying to figure it out, I wanted to send stuff international too but I didn't want to break the bank on tracked shipping. I've sent and received international packages untracked that got there just fine but I understand wanting tracked packages for something like this.
>>
I have an idea, why don't you assign a unique id per gift, not just per person and have them write it somewhere in with the present. That way you can identify whether that person did or did not grinch as well as which tier was it.

Oh and make it also a rule that you have to post the gift on the thread.
>>
>>8827877

>post the gift on the thread

When though anon? I like the idea of this for not getting grinched, but dont people also want the gift they are receiving to be a surprise? Thats how I would feel about receiving/giving

So maybe posting on the thread a week or so later after shipping the package would be better
>>
>>8827883
I meant the giftee to post the present after they recieved it.

Probably before a mallable deadline since people will send out gifts late again I bet.
>>
>>8827841
I'm salty that I never got a reaction for my gift. I put in a lot of time looking for the right present.
>>
>>8827886

Oh! That is a good idea. Sorry for the confusion anon.
>>
>>8827888
one of my giftees only posted about receiving it recently. of the other two nonresponders, one seems to have not responded to anyone and the other i figure probably disliked it as i took a risk and gave something odd (she said she liked weird things, it was probably too weird).

that is the gamble with this sort of thing. i will join again but without expecting return.
>>
>>8827888
Yeah, same for some of mine. 3 lolitas out of 5 posted, the other 2 hadn't spoken a peep. Some report getting my gifts and not my cards, so I wasn't sure what was happening there.
I received gifts from 4 of my 5 santas which makes me happy. And I posted about all of them!

That being said, the shitty exchange rate for my country right now makes ordering things online a pain, and a lot of what I liked to do was a handful of cute things from different stores shipped directly to my giftee, and to top it off the cheap/free options means no tracking which I suppose is mandatory now. So, I won't be participating in White Day, but I'll be happily watching because I enjoyed seeing what was sent and received in the last one.

-YL from AB
>>
The mandatory tracking number is turning away a lot of gulls. I think it would be better to scrap that and implement something else.
>>
>>8828072
Maybe having to prove some form of shipment, like a picture of a receipt or something?
>>
Would it be rude to include a link to a wishlist on my registration(in the interests part)? I've been a part of exchanges like these before, where I have gotten stuff that either I can't use(like makeup that doesn't agree with my skin) or stuff that isn't to my taste.
>>
Hey I participated in the Christmas, but I don't have feedback so is there something I can do about that like the card option (which is always a flimsy excuse for me to buy or making a whole ton of stuff)
>>
>>8827514
White Day OP, you can get proof of shipping without tracking in most post offices. They'll give you a receipt with the post code/portion of the destination on it.

I know for one I'm put off by the requirement of tracked shipping. For SS even untracked shipping was really steep but I got receipts of postage for all my items (from UK to aus x3, Europe x3 and the US), there's no way tracking would have been affordable.
>>
>>8828156
I'm not the OP but for the makeup thing, couldn't that just be apart of the allergies thing in the interests part? Just say like, please no makeup because I have sensitive skin or something like that. Similarly you could say like, I like things like _______ or if you're a lolita, themes in my wardrobe are _______. Just be specific in your interests.
>>
This seems so fun! I didn't participate in the Christmas exchange, as I had another secret santa I was participating in, but I'll definitely join this one.

How bad was the grinching last time? And people going outside price tiers?
>>
>>8828465
I didn't think of that anon, so I might try that instead.
>>8828414
Echoing this anon, in my local post office you can get a receipt and also a certificate of delivery. Can this be used instead of tracked shipping? Otherwise I'd have to limit myself to my country.
>>
>>8828545
>a certificate of delivery
I meant a certificate of shipping.
>>
How specific should someone be for the interests/wishlist section? Is it okay to ask for accessories to match a specific print and colorway?
>>
Thanks for all the suggestions seagulls, I've modified the registration form.

>>8827833
>>8827863
>>8827868
>>8828072
>>8828414
I modified the tracking number requirement; a proof photo of the receipt will be enough, thank you all.

Another way to save shipping would be to buy the stuff on AE for example, and send it directly to your giftee. Then if you want to make it more personal, you can send a letter appart, and of course that doesn't have to be tracked. Just an idea.

Also a new requirement is people must contact me when they receive their gifts in order to sender can rest assured

>>8828156
That's a really good idea

>>8828465
I only can make 10 fields in the registration form, I hope you don't mind so muchto type it in the comment section

You can fill again the registration form if you need to modify something

Link to the registration form here: pastebin.com/ydr6L6Qn
OP mail: WhiteDayCGL(a)outlook.com

And for now we're +20 seagulls, this is going really well !
>>
Definitely joining this, after seeing the cute gifts people got for seagull santa I really wanna participate.
I've only been in one online gift exchange before and didn't receive anything, so hopefully this'll go okay.
>>
>>8828719
I really liked the anon earlier in the thread who mentioned requiring people to post a photo of what they got, or at least a message, to the thread. It's nice to come back and thank your gifter, and it feels more like I'm sending gifts to actual, active seagulls instead of people who just came here for the gifting thing.
Not to mention it's just fun seeing what everyone received.
>>
>>8828702
>Is it okay to ask for accessories to match a specific print and colorway?
yes! be open to other things of course. i enjoyed making items to match an anon's favorite wardrobe itens.
>>
I joined the Christmas secret Santa and as much as I'd love to, I'm not going to participate again. I put loads of effort into getting my recipients things they'd like but none of my Santas got me anything almost vaguely related to the interests I listed. One did get me some nice generic things, but one got me items I can only guess were from the local 99p store equivalent, despite being in the $20 category. They're still sitting in a box untouched because I have absolutely no interest or use for them whatsoever. I've had nicer things from inside Christmas crackers so I was really disappointed to sign up for a CGL gift exchange and not get anything remotely CGL related. So anons that participate in this exchange, please make an effort with the gifts you send.
>>
>>8828932
Did you contact Santa anon? Super shitty gifts should be noted, IMO. If that person does it more than once, they shouldn't be allowed to participate in future exchanges.
>>
>>8828932
There were a few discrepancies where mutual people had gotten different price tiers. I had a 20-40 seagull giftee that got me as a 10-20.
>>
>>8828932
At least you didn't get mini stationery with two words and no names at all mine or theirs and a quarter of a sticker sheet.
>>
>>8828932
What did you list as interests, anon?

One of my Santas was so vague that I just bought $50 worth of various cute things from Daiso.

If you want specific things you've gotta ask for them.
>>
>>8828932
at least you got stuff anon! Out of 4 santas I only received 1 thing!
>>
Never entered an online gift exchange before, but I love present shopping!! I'm very excited for this and I hope it's alright to send a gift back to whoever gifts me anything.
>>
Perhaps as a way to discourage grinching create a list of all those who grinched at the end of the event (name and shame) and also share their details around to all of the main lolita/ cosplay/ jfash selling pages (privately) for them to decide if they would want to block them from the pages. I organised a small event for NZs lolita community nation wide and used that as a way to deter grinching - no one grinched in the end! So that could be a way to lessen the grinching for your event?

Maybe even if youre able to grab a list of names of those who grinched in the Christmas exchange maybe keep an eye out for them entering in this and remove them from your list as the names come up? Or pairing those with similar or no feedback with others the same?

Either way, I will be participating as I love sending cute shit to people, but it seems way too many people got ripped off in the Christmas event which is pretty sad..
>>
>>8830283
Barely anyone seemed to get grinched at the Christmas one. It seems like only a small handful of anons didn't receive things, and that was a very big SS exchange. I know some people mentioned that the items they'd bought from Aliexpress/wherever had to be resent or whatever, too. I'd like to know the final tally when the Santa anons sort it all out and do the grinch check.
Compare this to a secret santa I organized for my uni club/org, where we had a like 15% grinch/fuckup rate, and these were people that saw each other irl on a semi-regular basis...
>>
i just signed up. i hope i'm not being too vague...
>>
File: tumblr_lwbi9nhUIp1qa2ylvo6_400.jpg (34 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwbi9nhUIp1qa2ylvo6_400.jpg
34 KB, 400x328
>tfw you were willing to help out, but you don't even have a feedback page to participate because there isn't a handmade or card slot

Y'all have fun though I'm gonna monitor this thread, because I really do love watching people be happy. Maybe I'll post my email towards the end and craft some of y'all some stuff.
>>
>>8830317
Please be as specific as possible. My giftee for the christmas one only told me they liked two brands, one color, and nothing else.
I tried to give brands, color schemes, themes/styles, a few anime/game related interested, etc.
The more detailed you are, the easier it will be for your partner to choose gifts and more likely that you'll like what they give you.
>>
>>8830298
You would think they would be more inclined to send BECAUSE they had to see each other regularly?

I just don't get why people have to enter these things and ruin it for others? Eh, heres hoping this one works out well anyways!
>>
File: VALENTINES CGL2.png (891 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
VALENTINES CGL2.png
891 KB, 1000x1000
I drew a CGL-tan for the SS thread because they requested art for the emails, and I was bored so I drew Valentines CGL-tan when I saw this thread. Apologies if it's off-topic or whatever. I hope this goes really well and no-one gets grinched this time round!
>>
>>8830322
I'm happy for the feedback requirement, to be honest. Practically everyone should have some feedback, even if it's meaningless ebay fb, and fb acts as a first guard against grinching leeches.
>>
>>8829145
>>8828932
>>8828953
>>8829074
If you gulls want, you can drop me an email and I can get you a small gift. I didn't participate in the Christmas event because I was too late to sign up but I feel horrible all of you got grinched/gypped.
>>
>>8830354
So cute! Thanks for the adorable art anon.
>>
I wanted to do the secret santa, but I had no money at the time. I have a job now so I definitely think I'm gonna participate in this! I've always loved gift giving so this is pretty much ideal!
>>
>>8830359
Yeah I get it I just am entirely straight from brand and handmade mori, so I guess I'm going to have to join some buying fb group or get something off ebay for once in my life.
>>8830373
I'll also drop an email for grinched anons. It may take a week because I'm gonna be crochet and embroidering gifts, but drop a line and I can help y'all out.
>>
>>8830354
That's an awesome art anon !
Totally on-topic, since White Day is related to Valentine, thank you so much
Would you mind if I use it on emails?

>>8830373
>>8830423
you two are very kind, thank you

>>8830283
About naming and shaming, I want to see seagulls' opinion, so I've made a poll for it:
http://strawpoll.me/6632979
>>
>>8830467
name&shame could be seen as doxing. if people have feedback pages why not comment there?
>>
>tfw gifted people multiple things from different sources
>some were cheapish cute stuff that people mentioned but thoughtfully picked based on their animu interests
>maybe they didn't get the more expensive cute stuff I sent
>maybe I'm going to be named and shamed because they didn't realise they were from the same person
;_;
>>
>>8830469
You can't just comment on LM feedback. Naming/shaming scammers has always been fine as long as you don't start digging through and posting their address/personal info. Name/fb on gift exchange blacklist would probably be fine; it doesn't even need to be posted here, just linked or emailed.
>>
>>8830680
That's why you post in thread and say Hey AB from XYZ, I sent you a few things from here and here, so keep an eye out!
>>
>>8830693
all right, this sounds very reasonable, would support this.

i already voted No, but can't change that unfortunately. count minus one no and plus one yes for the poll.
>>
>>8830693
Honestly, that's not much of a deterrent. People can make fake Facebook accounts and get off scot free, but if there's a chance of their address being released, they're far less likely to scam. And pretty sure they would give a correct address if they wanted to scam
>>
>>8830326
i gave 2 brands, anime genre, colors, themes and a hobby of mine.
>>
>>8830722
By fb, I meant feedback. Like give out their usernames (feedback) and names.
>>
I just filled out the form and offered an alternative to feedback.. Let me know if it's alright, OP, or I can try to work something else out.
>>
>>8830698
I did, but I'm still afraid that they're talking about me.
>>
Against my better judgement from being burned in the past I signed up. Don't let me down seagulls.
>>
>>8828946
I didn't, I didn't think they were responding anymore and it didn't sound like they'd be organising the next one so I didn't see the point. It's not like I got grinched but to be honest it felt like I may as well have been.
>>8828953
This is possible, but in my case there's a difference between "cheaper, still nice gift" and "bunch of weird random things that make no sense whatsoever"
>>8829074 yikes, one of my card only people literally sent me a piece of paper folded in half and some stickers. Wasn't sure if it was meant to be some kind of "decorate it yourself" joke
>>8829138 I mentioned the lolita themes I like, colours and patterns, mentioned my favourite games and anime etc, enough to get a pretty good idea of my interests. I didn't want to ask for specific items because that takes away the surprise of it being a secret Santa. I don't know what Daiso is, we don't have that here, but there's no way my Santa spent that much.
How vague was your giftee? If you were stuck you should have posted in the thread asking them to go into more details
>>8829145 I'm sorry to hear that anon, I kinda wish my gift never arrived so that I could just hope it was lost in the mail and might still arrive one day to look forward to it. I signed up for a gift exchange in my country and my gift supposedly got lost in the post so I know how it feels.
>>8830373 thanks anon but I'm not trying to get free things, just wanted to add some advice for those participating. I really appreciate it though, that's s very nice offer to make
>>8830680
>>8830746
Don't worry anon you weren't my Santa. I would have loved to get cute anime things, but literally nothing I received from this person had anything to do with the anime or games I talked about. I'm sure your giftee was really grateful.
I think I'll drop the anon organising this an email with the details of what I got and who it was from so they can decide whether they want to blacklist them from the exchange or not.
>>
>>8830376
Thank you!

>>8830467
Thank you! Feel free to use it, edit it how you like etc., I really don't mind.
>>
Quick ref for gulls who didn't read the entire thread:
>>8828719
>Link to the registration form here: pastebin.com/ydr6L6Qn
>OP mail: WhiteDayCGL(a)outlook.com
>>8830467
>About naming and shaming, I want to see seagulls' opinion, so I've made a poll for it:
>http://strawpoll.me/6632979

OP I am looking at the form and I have a request: When you send us giftee information, please please please include if the giftee wanted a Bought/Handmade/Either gift. I marked "Either" for myself but if I'm paired with someone who only wants Handmade or Bought then I want to send them the type of gift they prefer.
>>
I am very sorry for the book I just wrote for my interests but I was afraid of not being specific enough.
>>
>>8831610
I did pretty much the same thing, don't sweat it! Honestly, I feel like while it might be a long list to read, it's going to be easier to find really good gifts.
>>
For feedback, would it be leaving feedback on our gifter's account, or would it just be a little review of what we got?
>>
>>8832016
I think it's to make sure we aren't going to steal stuff.

I signed up, but I've only bought lolita and I buy a lot of it off facebook comms, when I've asked if sellers want me to leave feedback they don't seem to care and I feel rude asking them to list it as on hold on lm.
>>
>>8831600
what exactly is the pastebin link for?
there's so much information all over the thread and its not organized very well so im pretty confused t b h
>>
>>8832610
It's the form to actually sign up..
>>
>>8832612
i went back and. its a link within a link?? that is so odd. but ok, i found it, its with the blue heart. so odd
>>
>>8832614
OP said in one of the first posts that 4chan thinks that the 'proper' link is spam, so she had to use the pastebin link instead.
>>
I wish I could send chocolate out to whoever I get along with their gift, but I feel like if i put edible food in it, it could cause it to accidentally melt all over.
>>
>>8832639
Please don't include chocolate unless it's packaged really well and kept seperate from the other gifts. I did a secret Santa on another board and they sent me some truffles all loose with everything else. Several of them got smushed in the mail and I had to clean melty bits off a keychain and plush and stuff. It was a nice gesture and nothing was permanently stained but it was not a good surprise to reach my hands in the package and pull out chocolate goop.
>>
>>8832656
haha yea i assumed so, i sent a friend once a super cool water sticker on an envelope, yea not a good idea it exploded.
>>
How many gulls are you sending gifts to? i wanted to give to two but for now just one, cant wait!
>>
Would it be a really bad time to organize a /cgl/ Artist exchange, since this is already going on?
>>
>>8832829
Totally different. You should go for it!
>>
>>8832829
You mean people draw for each other? I'm not sure how many people would apply for that but it's not like shopping and sending a package would take up everyone's time.
>>
Just submitted my form. I went with one each in the two bottom price tiers since I can't go overly crazy right now. I'll try to pump up the packages past the price point a little with handmade stuff if my gulls don't mind that. I'm real excited though!
>>
>>8832829
I'd love to join one!
>>
>>8832829
Does it have to be 2d art? Or could it be something sewn/crocheted/etc?
>>
>>8831346
Anon who dropped the [email protected] email, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make it sound like you wanted free stuff or anything like that. I apologize if the offer seemed uncalled for.
>>
>>8833409
Oh no not at all, I hit the post character limit so sorry if I sounded short, I really appreciate that you're offering to help anons that felt done out of the last exchange, I just wanted to let people know that I wasn't here to be a mood killer, just wanted to give the advice to really try make an afford for your giftees, and maybe take the advice of quality > quantity. I think it's better to make a risk and try get them one or two nice things they'll like, rather than a bunch of smaller things that are more generic with the mentality of "its easier, maybe they'll like one out of these?"
As I said I didn't get grinched, I just seem to have pulled a short straw, so I'm sure those who got nothing at all would deserve your goodwill much more than me
>>
Anyway for someone to join without any feedback?
I don't really sell stuff.
But I'd like to join in.
>>
I had two fantastic partners in the Christmas one so I don't feel bad about skipping out on White Day dude to finances but I'll definitely be yet another anon eagerly following the threads to see what everyone else got.

May all your husbando/waifu dreams come true, anons!
>>
I feel like I didn't leave enough information in my 'wishlist' -- would organiser-chan please contact those who they think didn't leave enough info please? I didn't leave a brand or any dresses I have because I'm new. I love making/sending gifts, but now I'm a little concerned my interests were too broad. I want to get things that I like but I also want to give things someone would like.
>>
>>8834642
That's up to you, not the organizer. It's not like you have to even put anything there.
Also, if you want to edit it, you can just resubmit the form; please read the thread.
>>
Gulls, I hope you are all putting your waifus and husbandos in your interests. I want to send my giftees their OTLs.
>>
>>8834873
I already own all his merch (except for one expensive as fuck statue) and I'd feel getting gulls to draw him, so I did the next best thing and wrote down my favorite characters.
>>
I just signed up and I am very, very sorry to whoever receives my "list" of interests. It was less a list and more a dissertation on my entire being.

>>8835258
>I already own all his merch
You are a better waifu than I could ever hope to be. Just curious, who is your husbando?
>>
>>8834873
I did! I'm also working on an ita bag and kinda regret not writing that down
>>
>>8836497
>It was less a list and more a dissertation on my entire being
I feel this, mine was too.
>>
>>8836497
>Just curious, who is your husbando?

Gaston! I'm quite aware of how unconventional it is, though.

also

> the statue I'm missing is 800usd
> it's not even that nice
> jfc disney
>>
>>8834873
>Didn't include my husbando because I don't watch a lot of anime, to be honest, and he's from a show that popular like 12 years ago with little to no fan/merch anyway.
>But I did include Sailor Moon, and SM/TM's relationship is pretty much my ideal romantic plot anyway.
>>
>>8836989
There's no reason to quote those sentences.
>>
File: 1444781418953.jpg (15 KB, 235x234) Image search: [Google]
1444781418953.jpg
15 KB, 235x234
>>8837086
>>
>>8836804
>unconventional
It's okay anon, mine is Schmendrick the magician. But I listed some anime interests as well to help out whoever ends up getting me.
>>
>>8832656
I would advise against people sending chocolate or candy at all unless if your SS requested it. I've been sent so much candy in the past even after putting on my wish list that I cant eat them. Some people have dietary restrictions, food allergies, or health issues.
>>
>>8838017
That's why you're supposed to put your allergies/dietary restrictions in the info when you sign up.
I personally enjoy sending and receiving food (as long as it's properly packaged), so I wrote that down on the form.
>>
>>8838030
I have listed them and I still get candy. Every fucking time. I feel like all my senders were just lazy.
>>
>>8837981
>mine is Schmendrick the magician
that is absolutely endearing.
>>
>>8837981
Anon I hope I get you I will fucking make you a god damn Schmendrick plushie.
>>
Well, seagulls, 2 days to go!
we're almost 40, with 80 gifts, this will be intersting!

I'm mailing some of you for a few issues, nothing big, but please stay tunned ~

>>8830354
>>8831563
Is there any way I can credit you for your cute draw?
>>
>>8836644
I hope I get you, I'm planning on looking for lots of keychains for anyone's listed series. my boyfriend's ita bag is almost complete and all of that work has gotten me better at hunting down deals.
>>
>>8837981
Now I kinda hope I get you. I organized one of the showing of The Last Unicorn for my theatre and got a bunch of stuff signed PSB. I dont really care for the movie so it woukd br nice to give one of the film cells to someone who likes it
>>
>>8840767
Fuck my fat fingers
>>
>>8840634
Oh man I really hope so too! My -ita bag progress is looking swell t. B h, I wanna fill it up even more
>>
Is it too late to email form edits? Also I suggest next time using Google docs
>>
I sure hope I get someone that likes UtaPri because I just won some lots and only want half the characters, haha.
>>
>>8827514
>before 31th of February
nigga do you own a calendar
>>
>>8841643
i now regret not listing my entire list of favorite anime bc i didn't want to write a trilogy because damn that'd be nice
>>
I hope my form submission wasn't too late, so sorry if it was.
>>
>>8838064
Thanks anon!
>>8838099
Oh fuck, so aggressive but thank you! That would be super sweet. I really hope you get a good gifter whether I'm your giftee or not!
>>8840767
YOU WUT. He just gave you signed movie cells?! Anon why would you tell me this. Why would you do this to me.
>>
File: forgive_me.gif (483 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
forgive_me.gif
483 KB, 480x270
>tfw you might have misspelled your own Husbando's name because you were typing too fast and didn't check until later
>tfw you hope there's not some obscure character with that misspelled name so you don't get a package filled with your fake-husbando
>>
This still happening?
>>
>>8844299
If not then someone has a huge list of names and addresses
>>
>>8844299
>>8844494
Calm down, anons. It's only February 2nd. The thread has been active these past few weeks, with the person organizing relatively present.
>>
File: pepe.png (268 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
268 KB, 499x499
>>8844590
>active
>on page 8 last time I saw it
>>
>>8844590
Nobody is freaking out. Someone just asked a question.
>>
>>8844639
See >>8844494. Just wanted to nip it in the bud, so that it doesn't devolve into what /toy/'s SS became.
>>
>>8841862
I mean you could always just post the correct spelling here? if you listed the series though, you're probably fine!
>>
>>8841817
Well unfortunately their signed with a thank you with my name in it so it would be a little weird to give it away lol if it helps Peter is a really nice guy that spent the whole time in our office writing his next story and spent like 3 hours greeting and talking to like 300 people
>>
when are we getting emails with matches?
>>
>>8845173
OP specifies between the 1st and 4th. it is currently the 2nd or 3rd depending on where you live.
>>
>doesn't check cgl for awhile
>misses this

;_; I had such a good experience with the Santa one too aww... To those who signed up, I hope everyone gets something they like!
>>
>>8831346
wow a gift got lost in your own country? That's so disappointing. I'm also secretly hoping for my gifts to turn up one day as well, but since I'm down in Ausland I can see how things can get lost.

>>8830373
Thank you kind anon. Really think the gesture is super nice of you but i'm okay with being missed out. disappointed but okay!
>>
File: 7477568.gif (908 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
7477568.gif
908 KB, 500x281
I can't wait to see who I'm assigned to!
>>
I assume people are on this thread from the SS. Please send me an email of what you suspect that you have recieved or have not from a tier. If your Santa has named themselves, that would be helpful too.
>>
>>8847399
Please send it to fluorescentblue @ hotmail
>>
It's 4th and still nothing. Nice, at least someone has a list of our names, addresses and husbandos.
>>
>>8847819
today is OP's deadline to give results so i am not worried.
>>
>>8847819
OP here. Some people drop on last minute, so I had to make some changes: still waiting some people's answer
>>
>>8847854
thank you for the update!! I'm ready to start shopping!
>>
So OP, what will you do with all our addresses?
>>
OP, if those people haven't answered by now they likely won't ever answer. You've still got plenty of gulls ready and waiting to start shopping.
>>
I'm starting shopping right now!
Hope my giftees will like my presents <3
>>
>>8849489
i've been refreshing my inbox since you posted this and man you lucky dog, I'm still waiting. I jumped the gun and bought some wrapping materials so I've got at least some shopping in but I'm getting so antsy.
>>
>>8849489
Did you get your giftees assigned? I'm still waiting but I'm hella excited.
>>
>>8849574
Same, I'm still waiting and getting impatient
>>
>>8845437
Same, I'm quite sad that I missed something like this again
>>
I'm still waiting as well!
>>
Still waiting.
>>
I've been assigned too, I'm so nervous I don't know where to begin with... But better a detailed wishlist than nothing
All you have excellent tastes~
>>
Still waiting. Super excited! I hope my gulls don't mind handmade stuff so I can personalize some things.
>>
>>8849820
ditto!

i also do not have a waifu or husbando but included a crapton of favorite characters and colors and such. hopefully it is enough of a range to inspire both buyanons and craftanons.
>>
Still waiting, but I'm also a little nervous about if I get someone who is big into anime because I live in a small town and I'm apprehensive about ebay from my very old weeb days.
>>
>>8849851
>I live in a small town and I'm apprehensive about ebay from my very old weeb days

no one is gonna see what's in the box and ebay stuff is usually fine if you read the reviews or ask other seagulls if they've bought from that seller?
>>
>>8849851
Careful not to buy bootlegged products, make sure you ask other gulls before purchasing.
>>
still waiting...i hope i get a lot of husbando stuff.
>>
It's the 6th now in my country and it looks like the majority of us are still waiting.
>>
>>8827514
OP, just wondering, how many people signed up? It might help us to understand why matching is taking longer than we anticipated.
>>
>>8850318
Two days before the deadline they said we had around 40 gulls with 80 gifts. We might have more now.
>>
>>8850334
The thread itself has 69 different posters as well.
>>
Hoping I get my match soon so I can start buying! I missed the Secret Santa by a day, and I almost missed this, so I'm really excited to participate!
>>
OP just an update would be good...halfway through matches, 2/3 done with matches, etc. I think some people are uncomfortable from the radio silence.
>>
>>8850903
seconding this, since it seems as if a few people were assigned giftees. i understand there's some issue with some changes to people's forms, but an estimated time frame would be nice
>>
>>8850995
I was contacted by OP recently to alter my side of details (lowering a bracket to match, or offering international shipping) recently. I think they are still trooping through. Just remember that this is February, it's not like Christmas where everyone has time off to organise SS!
>>
I finally got matched 3 days ago but... I had to drop. I know I must have done it earlier, but I totally forgot about it. I had 15 giftees, so maybe OP is having problems matching the people I left, just want to say sorry to everyone.
>>
>>8851153
>15 giftees
The hell, anon? Sorry you had to drop (I'm sure you had a good reason) but holy shit..
>>
>>8851153
wtf anon, 15?? yeah you're most likely the reason for the slowness.
>>
File: 1454618281709.jpg (76 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
1454618281709.jpg
76 KB, 639x479
>>8851153
>>
>>8851153
>decides to commit to 25 fucking gifts
>drops out right when it begins

You shouldn't exist. What is this shit.
>>
>>8851418
I meant 15. But still. Anon that's so many. Why would you do that. Were you drunk? I mean, it's okay, it happens, but seriously.
>>
>>8850903
This. A simple "I'm alive and working on it" would make me feel better.
>>
>>8851595
>>8850903
also agreeing with these since I'm starting to get a bit antsy.
>>
the email for matches is coming from WhiteDayCGL(a)outlook.com, right? i want to make sure my match didn't go to spam or anything.
>>
Has anyone recently gotten a match?
>>
>>8851925
nooooo im getting SOOOO impatient
>>
>>8851925
still waiting but not bothered, have a lot going on anyway.
>>
I just got my four giftees! A lot of you like tea(which is great because I always have too much!)and I'm wondering about /cgl/s preference of bagged or loose leaf tea.
>>
>>8851925
I got mine this morning!
>>
>>8851925
Still nothing.
>>
>>8852257
personally, if giving gifts of tea I like to take loose leaf and make it into personal teabags myself.
http://honestlyyum.com/12549/diy-heart-shaped-tea-bags/
I usually like to cut them out with Pinking shears and you could even put their husbandu at the end of the string.
>>
I just got my giftees!
Can't wait to start shopping for them, I hope I do well!
>>
I got mine too! Already started shopping :)
>>
File: 1453749101445.png (1021 KB, 870x717) Image search: [Google]
1453749101445.png
1021 KB, 870x717
>>8852291
> :)
I really wonder what kind of people signed up.
I'm thrilled anyway.
>>
>>8852278
That's a cute idea! If I'm receiving I'm not picky because hey, it's a gift, but I do prefer loose leaf.
>>
Just got my assignments! Neither was very descriptive but I got enough to work with and hopefully they'll like everything...
>>
I got my two giftees just now, and I'm glad we seem to like a lot of the same things since that wasn't really the case with Christmas! I'm looking forward to making a few things and searching for good merch for you two! Hopefully I can do your husbandos/waifus justice.
>>
>>8852318
If it's KM from NV I'm super sorry for the vagueness and can def elaborate.
>>
>>8852318
If you have any questions/want more specifics, you can always ask in the thread.
For people hand-making items, how do you guess item cost? Just material cost?
>>
Ladies, do you e-stalk your giftees? Googling their name, or at least looking them up on facebook?
>>
>>8852318
I agree with the other anon on asking in the thread. I put barely anything on my wish list because I thought that if I put too many things I'd look like a greedy cunt. I realize now that it makes it super inconvenient for my gifters.
>>
MN from NY, if you're here are you okay with food/candy? Do you have preferences or allergies? I'm not seeing anything like that but I want to double check!
>>
OP reporting:
75% up to 90% matches done today, will end soon

Sorry for the late, some people dropped after the deadline and it was a real nightmare to re-match people.
>>
>>8852348
food/candy is ok, and no allergies at all! Sorry for not specifying!
>>
>>8852326
Ah, I have you! I've actually got things in mind already and you weren't too vague so no real worries, but if you could elaborate a little about Ren faire/Pagan stuff that would help!
>>
>>8852358
You're good! Thanks for responding. <3
>>
>>8852367
I like to decorate my room with flower crowns, fairie pendants, Celtic/Pagan symbols, Viking amulets(basically the kind of things you would see being sold at a Renaissance Faire). Just anything fantasy themed really. Sorry about that!
>>
Just got mine, thanks OP!
>>
>>8852352
Thanks a lot for your time, and good luck with your exams!
>>
>>8852374
Do you have a favorite type of flower/color?
>>
I forgot to specify on my form that I like gothic Lolita. I'm from oh and sending to ky!
>>
Got mine! Can't wait to shop next weekend at Katsucon, kek. I'm going to make a couple things too!
>>
>>8852326
I have you as well, could I ask what TFA merch you already have just in case?
>>
Got my matches! Thanks OP!

Also, to anyone who go KB in SD, I've actually started an itabag of Masato/Natsuki/Cecil from UtaPri. I know I listed a ton of things, but if you wanted something really specific, merch of any of them would be awesome.
>>
ML from ohio, what kind of colors are you looking for/do you like in terms of accessories for lolita and otome stuff?
>>
>>8852417
haha I'm gonna be trying to do some shopping at katsu too!

also i'm KD from mass, I think i was already pretty specific on my form but I wanted to mention I really like pompompurin if that also gives you ideas!
>>
>>8852389
Purple/Lavender and Black are the colours I like the most. Thank you!
>>
>>8852442
I have one small Kylo Ren figure, a Hux figure, and a Kylo Ren shirt(black and red with sparks flying around Kylo).
>>
>sign up for multiple giftees
>only 1 match

aw
>>
>>8852673
If White Day Anon is okay with it I wouldn't mind sharing some of my giftees with you. I've got 4 in various price tiers.
>>
MN from NY your gifts have just been shipped! I'm going to assume that I email White Day anon with the tracking number and proof of purchase.
>>
>>8852991
JM from CA your gifts have also been shipped! I'm trying to get all my giftees presents this week so I can start working on customizing the packages.
>>
Is anyone else still waiting on their match?
>>
SF from CA and ET from TX, just letting you know that I received you as matches!
>>
>>8853031
im still waiting on mine... nothing, i even checked my junk mail
>>
>>8853031
>>8853049
White Day anon said they would be about 90% done with matches today. You both are probably the 10% that will be matched tomorrow.
>>
Hey AC from NC, I've got you and just want to check if you have any preference for lace/fabric/flowers! I'm assuming you probably aren't looking for any foot/legwear, but if you are, just let me know! Very excited to start shopping :)
>>
>>8853054
I got mine today! My gull is from GA and I'm currently on the hunt for a good gift
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
38 KB, 560x560
I've definitely gone way over the price tier for all my matches.
>>
JM from Canada, KK from Austria, and MT from Estonia- got matched with the three of you!

Luckily there's a con this weekend so I can do some shopping then. Super excited!
>>
who else is paranoid that they're gonna get paired with someone that forgot they're doing this and will conveniently forget to check the email they signed up with? I'm just a worry wort in general but yeah
>>
OP reporting again, yesterday, matches were 99'99% done, it was only one pair left, but now I can say the White Day matches are 100% DONE.

I suggest everyone look on your junk folder, some seagulls warned all my emails were on their spam/junk folder.

I've now triple checked the emails I received, and I didn't delete any, so if you didn't got any email from me, please make sure you sent it (someones just forgot to sent it/ their conexion was bad and it didn't completely sent). In any case message me WhiteDayCGL(a)outlook.com
>>
File: qqs65c.gif (1 MB, 332x208) Image search: [Google]
qqs65c.gif
1 MB, 332x208
>>8853701
Didn't even sign up because I did Christmas but thank you SO MUCH for doing this for everyone, anon. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>8827514
gutted i just found out about this! would've loved to take part. next time, though!
>>
CF in NZ,
LT in VIC,
and JC in Tas,

I'm unexpectedly heading off on tour like, tomorrow, but I'll post your gifts out as soon as I get back (Definitely before the deadline!) I'll post as soon as I do, but don't fret if you don't hear anything for a couple of weeks!
I'll make them extra awesome to make up for it.

>PS: LT, if you're into folk metal we could also hang out at one of the Melbourne/Geelong gigs, my treat!
>>
File: uuwa.gif (2 MB, 480x327) Image search: [Google]
uuwa.gif
2 MB, 480x327
Just letting AM and CL from the US know that I got them.
>>
>>8853988
Are you SP from Canada? If so hello!
>>
>>8852936
are you from North America? i might be down for this.
>>
>>8854011
I am! Three of my matches are in the us and one is in Canada.
>>
>>8853142
I am definitely with you on this. I had to turn off my phone last night when I found myself searching online for more things to add to the packages that I thought my giftees would like. I wish I had an infinite amount of time and money.
>>
>>8854008
Whoa! Yes I am. Were we paired together?
>>
>>8854057
Yeah, it's AM from US.
>>
>>8852505
Hi anon! My wardrobe is could use mostly black and white things. Specifically, I've been looking for a black veil headpiece or cream/brown berets. I could also use solid and simply patterned leg wear! I like the stuff on Sock Dreams because I have 'murican sized legs.
>>
>>8853701
Ummm... OP, I never got my match. I'll email you.
>>
>>8853902
LT here,
Ah, I don't think I've ever touched folk metal, but I'm way keen to give it a go! Send me an email!

Hella excited to go shopping for gifts!
Thanks for organising this again, Valentine's Seagull! (I know it's not Valentine's..but I can't just say "White Seagull")
>>
I got paired with AM from Canada and KK in Austria- do you guys have any disliked (or favourite!) characters from any of the series you listed? Don't want to accidentally get either of you anything you won't like!
>>
>>8854034
i was emailed with another match, so all is well. thank you for the offer and may you get things that make you happy
>>
>>8854666
I'm AM from Canada. I actually love John and Sherlock equally, and I like Will a tad more than Hannibal, but other than that I'm pretty easy going. Thank you!
>>
>>8854721
>John and Sherlock
>Will and Hannibal

i feel like there might be a theme here
>>
File: terminology.png (760 KB, 1079x1499) Image search: [Google]
terminology.png
760 KB, 1079x1499
>>8854784
wrong image

sage for OT chitchat
>>
>>8854792
Haha! I haven't seen that one. That's amazing. That's about as dark as I get, though. I'm usually the queen of all things cute and Disney and colourful.
>>
IH from CT I got you as a giftee! I can't wait to send you your gifts
>>
>>8855041
hooray!

i have PR from CA and MA from TX. MA i am stalking your youtube channel atm and your energy is really infectious.

i might need to wait a week before mailing things out, but i will keep you both updated.
>>
>>8855082
aww thank you so much! I actually try to keep a bit cool when filming, i have too much energy haha, i look forward to the gifts!
>>
SP from FL and MD from CA don't be alarmed by the box(es)heading your way. The gifts didn't fit in the envelopes like I planned. MN from NY some of your gifts shipped faster than expected and should be there Thursday. Expect a card as well.
>>
Hey White Day Anon/OP! Are you participating in the exchange yourself?

If not, is there any chance of getting your address so I can send you some treats too?
>>
I know I saw a few people bummed they missed out on this- if you're a tea fan and like tiny little accessories and/or pins, I can send y'all a few little packages!!
>>
>hasn't seen anyone post saying they have me as their giftee

Should I be paranoid yet that my person forgot about the exchange? I know people just got their match, I've been burned in other gift swaps and am likely being overly cautious. Please don't forget your giftees!
>>
>>8855652
I'm in the same boat but I'm just trying to let it be- it's only been a few days!
>>
KM from NV and SP from FL, just wanted to let you know I have you! I'll let you know when I send things out!
>>
>>8855313
MD from CA here, I'm so excited and also very glad I was not left out/grinched!
>>
LP from PA, CL from CT, and AH from CT just wanted to say I have you and once I send your things out I'll let you know!
Also LP from PA and AH from CT, how do you guys feel about wristcuffs? Would you mind a pair or do you have too many?
>>
KK from Austria here. I got matched with MT from Estonia, OP from Netherlands, SS from US and CC from Canada. Super excited, I spent almost all day today shopping.

>>8854666
Hey anon-chan! I don't really dislike any charactes from those series, but husbandos are: Sakata Gintoki, Yang Wenli, Joseph Joestar, Zack Fair. But anything is fine! I'm happy to be surprised.
>>
>>8855652
A lot of people don't post (or at least didn't in the Christmas one) unless they had questions or had shipped out.
Just to assuage my giftees' potential worries:
KL from TX and KB from CA, I've got you two!

KL: What kind of colours/themes do you like? You mentioned mori and otome but not any specific colours, themes, or brands you like, so that would help! Also, who is your favorite Animal Crossing character?

KB: If I end up crafting anything, I'll try to do you justice. As far as husbando/waifu stuff goes, how do you feel about fanart/unofficial stuff (not bootlegs, like AA stuff)?

Also, feel free to let me know anything else!
>>
CF from NZ, just letting you know I got you and will be sending something out soon.
>>
>mfw 3 people from CT so far

seagull meetup when
>>
>>8855708
AH from ct hear, and I could always use more wristcuffs!

>>8855774
Come to the valentines meet, we can find a nice corner to enjoy rose jam in.
>>
File: gifts.png (570 KB, 673x459) Image search: [Google]
gifts.png
570 KB, 673x459
I'm not in the exchange but I do have some cgl penpals and I'm really excited to send them their first packages. I hope posting this here is okay, I'd love them to post their reaction when they get them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.