[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Katsucon 2016 - Continued
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x286
Only one week to go.

/cgl/ Meet up is on Friday @ 8:30pm by the atrium coffee hut. Save the date, and be there or else.

Old thread >>8825330
>>
So the schedule is finally out. Apparently incomplete, but it's out.
>>
>The ship has sailed on the Slash high Seas
>OBJECTION! Krystal LaPorte: Attorney At Lawl.
>Kill The Vampires!!!! Yuu's Guide to surviving the Apocalypse
>Make Your Own Kandi Bracelet
>THE END OF THE ANIME INDUSTRY AS WE KNOW IT
>Dressforms for Dummies
>Sweat Out Your Burando: Lolita & J-Fashion Dance Party
>Me! Me! Me!: More Than a Music Video? (18+)
>Kingdom Hearts or: How I Learned to Tolerate Those Yaoi Fans
>Fuse Beads
>Lessons in Public Speaking, AKA: Austin stares at you while you talk.
>Kandi & Fuse Bead Wrap-up
>Is Piracy Killing Anime?
>>
>>8849393
This is why im not upset that i scheduled shoots through the whole con.

Who the hell would pass up shooting with pretty girls to go to these shitty panels?

Except for the Me!Me!Me! one. Ill probably be there for that one. ;)
>>
>>8849393
I get katsu isnt really about panels but wow this is garbage. Ive seen first years with more interesting programming.

Unrelated, do you easterns just not know how to title your panels so they sound at least a little interesting?
>>
>>8849393

At least they're out early enough to plan. I was starting to get worried we'd only have a few days.

I was thinking of going to the public speaking one, I don't see what's so trash about learning some life skills at a con.
>>
>>8849465
I'd go just to see the awkward plebs. Maybe Ill go as practice desu.

Also anyone here still need a room? Have a slot or two to fill at the Gaylord.
>>
>>8849494

Oh good, I sincerely hope my inability to cope with speaking in front of others like an adult amuses you.

Actually, I really hope it does. Because even I know how embarrassing it is to watch me speak (horrible stutter). Maybe between this and the law panel I can come out of Katsu a nearly functioning person.
>>
>>8849503
Don't go to law school.
>>
>>8849510

Personal experience? I probably wouldn't go anyway, but it is nice to find out about options. I've always told myself I'd kill myself if I'm working retail at 30 and here I am at 27 and Michaels.
>>
>>8849393
Jesus, even I could make a better panel than some of this shit.
>>
>>8849393

>THE END OF THE ANIME INDUSTRY AS WE KNOW IT

> Over the past 7 years fans have watched in horror as reports of layoffs, production cutbacks and corporate failures have hit the anime industry. Fans are now asking: Does the industry have a bright future? Join Harmony Golds Vice President of Marketing, Kevin McKeever as he shows how the industry got here and where it is going

Did you read any descriptions or are the titles all you need to know to determine if they're shit?
>>
>>8849510
Why not? That's how you get rich.

Are you butthurt because you failed the LSAT or something?
>>
>>8849557
Except a law degree doesn't guarantee you a job any more.
>>
>>8849558
You sound like Tom Preston.

>I became a failure for going to art school so everyone else will too
>>
>>8849558

It probably helps you more than a shitty cosplay portfolio.
>>
>>8849640
Honestly, it's mainly shooting and drinking. I'm going to get sweet shots of my Corrin cosplay and try to find room parties.
>>
>>8849525
The description makes it worse. Harmony Gold doesn't know shit, and is actively obstructing the release of a great franchise in the US.
>>
File: 1439957400755.jpg (28 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
1439957400755.jpg
28 KB, 415x415
What should I expect from the game room?
>>
I might go to the meet. I've missed the ones at Katsu and Otakon for a few years now, never really sure if I felt like socializing. If I do show up I'll be in lolita.
>>
>>8849921

> But muh cartoons

I'm sure you know much, much more than them, anon.
>>
Who are some of the best and worst photographers in the scene?
>>
>>8849996
This question always starts a shitstorm.

To be honest, while there are plenty of terrible photographers, there are a lot of decent photographers going too.

All you have to do is look at their work, and you'll be able to see who knows what they're doing, and who doesn't.

tl;dr: Just book me.
>>
>>8849955
Not much. Is there something specific you are looking for?
>>
>>8850024
Just curious about what kind of games to expect, never been. I've been trying to git gud at fighting games recently and hope to get some practice there
>>
>>8849996
Don't shoot with the body pillow creeper
>>
>>8850024
I guess I am not the best person to answer, because I haven't been in 2 years, but expect the main ones (smash, street fighter, etc) to be there but not niche fighters. I highly doubt there will be any MAME cabinets, if you are into that.
>>
I know I see some people complaining about are there any panels in particular I should try to check out? meaning like...this is my first time going, I dunno if there any like specific popular panels people love in particular at this con (like how at AB everyone goes to bad anime bad)

alternatively - any panels I should specifically avoid?
>>
>>8850080
>I know I see some people complaining about
that be "but" not about, woops
>>
>>8849393
West coast fag here

Is this the same con that hosts Crispin Freeman's mythology panels? I've always wanted to go, wasn't sure if it was Katsu that held it
>>
>>8849525
>n the Slash high Seas
>>OBJECTION! Krystal LaPorte: Attorney At Lawl.
>>Kill The Vampires!!!! Yuu's Guide to surviving the Apocalypse
>>Make Your Own Kandi Bracelet
>>THE END OF THE ANIME INDUSTRY AS WE KNOW IT
>>Dressforms for Dummies
>>Sweat Out Your Burando: Lolita & J-Fashion Dance Party
>>Me! Me! Me!: More Than a Music Video? (18+)
>>Kingdom Hearts or: How I Learned to Tolerate Those Yaoi Fans
>>Fuse Beads
>>Lessons in Public Speaking, AKA: Austin stares at you while you talk.
>>Kandi & Fuse Bead Wrap-up
>>Is Piracy Killing Anime?

literally got cancer
>>
a couple threads back an anon was talking about putting together some sort of itabag swapmeet? whatever happened to that because i'm still interested!
>>
>>8850116

Why the fuck would a con host a mythology panel? Cancer.
>>
>>8850204
>>8850236

I really hope you or someone you loves gets cancer so you can know what "literally" cancer means.

Seriously, I cannot fucking wait for you to find your 6-year-old daughter crying as her peach fuzz hair gets stuck to a pillow.
>>
>>8850243

On that note, if you see a little bald girl dressed as Princess Peach at Katsu, please tell her how you cope with your cancer.
>>
>>8850231
That was me! I didn't think anyone was still interested to be honest, haha. I'd still be up for it! I just don't know where to meet! I'm not too familiar with the Gaylord. I just know we would have to meet around 8:30-9:00pm on either Friday or Saturday. I vend, and won't be out of the dealer's room until 8:00pm.
>>
>>8850266
okay! i mean i'm the same anon who expressed interest before so it might just be the two of us lmao. but i'm free either of those times, might be checking out the cgl meet on friday but not positive
>>
>>8850243
Family member had cancer. It's been six years. She's good. Never lost a hair to treatment.
>>
>>8850289
If she didn't lose hair, she was probably lying about the cancer. Were they checked out for a mental illness at the same time?
>>
>>8850350
ummmm....You don't have to lose hair with treatment, and I have no idea why everyone believes this. It's only some of the chemo drugs that cause that, not all, and chemo is not the only treatment. Targeted radiotherapy and surgery aren't going to make you lose hair either unless they have to target hair follicles or shave your head to operate on a brain tumor.
>>
>>8850359

Right, but a lot of people also lie about cancer for sympathy. I just feel like if they're already related to a seagull, the chances of them having a mental illness are pretty high. Add the fact that they didn't lose any hair, and anon was so quick to joke about cancer, and the whole thing becomes pretty ridiculous.
>>
What cosplay/dress are you wearing for the meet? I'm gonna be Taiga Aisaka!
>>
File: tf are you smoking bitch.png (204 KB, 329x444) Image search: [Google]
tf are you smoking bitch.png
204 KB, 329x444
>>8850366
>. I just feel like if they're already related to a seagull, the chances of them having a mental illness are pretty high.
>>
>>8850370
Probably going to be Battler from Umineko. Gonna have to dip out of the cosplay ball for a bit to see this.
>>
>>8850370
I'll be going as Mikaela Hyakuya probably !
>>
>>8849996
It's too bad Lauren Pihl quit because she was batshit crazy but the best cosplay photographer I have ever seen
>>
>>8850448
>Lauren Pihl
>best cosplay photographer
>being this tasteless
>>
Buttsucon
>>
>>8850350
It's just as ridiculous as you automatically assuming someone is lying about having cancer or the fact you wish someone had cancer to begin with. Not every cancer patient loses their hair. The fact that you think they all do shows just how little you know about the topic. Also makes me wonder why you're caring so much about someone using the word "cancer" in the way it was used.
>>
>>8850470
she's a shit person but her photography is top notch.
>>
>>8850448
She was really good maybe even top-tier and she clearly has a talent as a photographer, but best? No way dude. What held her back was her being shady, crazy and in the end insanely overpriced.
>>
>>8850535
I'm going to assume the nondelivery of paid photographs (sometimes even not showing up for shoots that were paid for) falls under the shady side of things

isn't she in Texas now? And she's using some weirdo name like Eofyi?
>>
>>8850370
Sogiita Gunha from A Certain Magical Index; [spoiler]It's a first serious cosplay for me so I bought a Party City wig because I wanted to practice styling without risking ruining something actually expensive.[/spoiler][spoiler]pls no bully, I'm trying to get better[/spoiler]
>>
>>8850811
Whoops, spoilers don't even work on /cgl/? Shit.
>>
>>8849514
Actually, my personal experience was that law school was the best decision of my life, emotionally and job-wise. But I had a lot of fortuitous breaks. Not everyone gets those breaks, and here's the problem: it's easy to get into law school, but hard to get a decently-paying legal job after law school. Some recent good writing on the subject includes:

- Steven Harper's "The Lawyer Bubble"
- Paul Campos's "Don't Go to Law School Unless" (or his blog, http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/)
- Matt Leichter's Law School Tuition Blog, https://lawschooltuitionbubble.wordpress.com/

Campos in particular has a good suggestion for your case: if you're thinking about law school just because you're underemployed and don't know what else to do, go work at a law firm (or prosecutor's office, or public defender's office) as a paralegal, secretary, or case manager for a year or two. It'll get you out of retail and give you a look at law while you study for the LSAT and prep your applications.

To get this back on topic, this panel also has jack all to do with anime.

>>8849557
Oh you.
>>
>>8850448
She was okay, but not anywhere near top tier. She was constantly asking in closed Facebook groups for tips and pointers, so she was learning just like others still were, while scamming others.
>>
>>8850839
To be honest, ive noticed cosplayers know nothing about photography or even what a good photograph looks like, so i am a lot less offended by them saying Lauren was "ZOMG THE BESS" now.
>>
>>8850847
And i know a cosplay photographer would never say that Lauren was the best...

...because they all think that theyre the best. -_-
>>
>>8850448
>>8850839
Pihl was always bitching about how no one chose her photos to be featured in the various cosplay round ups on sites like Kotaku, Cos Couture, and the others
>>
>>8850243
go back to tumblr, butthurt cancer mcgee
>>
>>8851023
Let's also not forget that incident after Katsucon where she tried bullying a minor. And apparently she showed up to a photoshoot at Katsucon either hung over or drunk. It's really a shame or not I guess since if she kept working on her photography she would of been shooting cosfamers and would of been among the "elite" circle of Anne Fischer and Kay Elysiam.
>>
File: Luffy_Door_Face.png (856 KB, 776x702) Image search: [Google]
Luffy_Door_Face.png
856 KB, 776x702
>>8850243
TRIGGERED
>>
>>8851023
Those outlets have their own people that they feature, regardless of how boring they are.

You can submit, but it wont go anywhere.
>>
>>8849558
If you specialize in IP law and take the Patent Bar exam you will make bank.
>>
>>8849560
A lot, lot, lot of lawyers end up being mid-level wage slaves doing absurdly tedious legal work anon. Obviously it's not impossible by any means to make bank, but if you think it's a given you're deluding yourself.
>>
>>8851219
You need an undergrad degree in a real science to take the patent bar.
>>
>>8851126
not true. davve yang, mineralblu, elysium have their shit shared all the time on kotaku. you just have to know the right people.
>>
Ron Ladao going? http://www.chicagonow.com/geek-girl-chicago/2016/02/cosplay-harassment/
>>
>>8851431
Yep, you just need to create shit that Luke will think to draw click bait and he'll post that shit ASAP or call him out enough that he'll create a shit post to defelct any bad press about him
>>
>>8850243
My aunt died of cancer last year. I don't find what they said offensive because they're calling a bad thing cancer, and cancer is a bad thing.
>>
>>8851545
ron doesn't travel out of state for winter cons
>>
>>8851431
"Those outlets have their own people that they feature, regardless of how boring they are. "
>>
>>8851774
these people were featured on kotaku after lauren pihl left the scene. please know your shit,.

>>8851668
^be like this anon
>>
>>8849557
negro there are too many damn lawyers atm, I'd wait like 10-20 years for the lawyer flood to go away.
>>8850243
my favorite uncle died of cancer, it sucked watching him die when I was in a really shitty situation personally. If you can't laugh at the absurd situations of life then you will never cope, so quit being the emotional police and post on topic shit.
>>
>>8849557
so another failed "law professional" turned cosplay photographer like Laboy
>>
Pls get back on track and on topic.

Fuck the law talk.

Female cgls, post your shuttle cosplays, because that's really the only reason I'm going to Katsucon. To ogle you and use this new girl I'm talking to as bait to get you into threesomes.
>>
>>8851891
Slutty, not shuttle.
>>
Gonna get all the ladies
>>
>>8851891
>>8851894
I was pretty confused for a moment there
>>
>>8851431
Mineralblu sucks off Luke hard. Everyday is a circle jerk for attention
>>
>>8850243
I think this is the most horrible thing I've ever ready on 4chan. It's so descriptive and terrible it hurt my heart to read. I'm also on my period so it's amplified by 10.
Fuck man, I just wanted to read about Katsucon ;-;
>>
>>8851998
it's okay, just read the posts afterward where someone's family member did have cancer and they survived and kept their hair
>>
Has anyone packed yet for Katsucon? Some friends are still working on cosplay.
>>
>>8851934
He's not ugly, he's just mediocre. And the best argument for "men should wear makeup and contour" that I've seen in ages.
>>
>>8849375
How long are you guys gonna stay at the coffee hut? There's a Kancolle panel that ends at 9, so I might have to be half an hour late.
>>
File: katsucold.png (26 KB, 549x447) Image search: [Google]
katsucold.png
26 KB, 549x447
>>
>>8852195
katsucon is sadly always cold anon
>>
>>8852195
At least there won't be a snowstorm immediately before or during Katsucon, like the last two years.
>>
Volleyball trash reporting in
Can't wait for the 4chins meet up
K a t s u b o y s
>>
Which photographers are you guys looking forward to working with?

Whose shots are you looking forward to seeing?
>>
>>8851431
All you have to do is submit a post to Luke and if he approves it it's on Kotaku... shits fucking easy if you do okay work; it's a free article for his fucking website.
>>
>>8852195
It's not bad. Plus the good thing about Katsucon is that you never have to leave the hotel the whole weekend if you have a room at the Gaylord. Literally everything you need is there.

I believe I left last year to go to CVS on Friday night because I forgot my toothbrush, but that was it.
>>
>>8852135
i'm definitely one of those still working on cosplay lmao.... but i got a lot done yesterday, i only have one more thing to finish and i should be all set!
>>
File: DSC003162.jpg (706 KB, 2156x1100) Image search: [Google]
DSC003162.jpg
706 KB, 2156x1100
>>8852313
I got a bit of packing done. But I still need to get a 3rd luggage bag and a dolly for my desktop. Cosplays are done at least unless I decide to add more.

Also if anyone needs a room still for katsu, mag, or both. I still have space. Expect late chill nights and able to wake up late on sunday(katsu only). Email [email protected] and I'll contact you back shortly.
>>
>>8852312
I booked a two-bedroom apartment at the Wyndham before I decided to cosplay something that's impossible to wear a coat with.
>>
>>8852135
My cosplays are pretty much done, I'm just waiting on some patches and my last props to ship. Thankfully I'll only have one suitcase.

>>8852220
Hey that snowstorm produced some pretty kickass pictures.
>>
>>8852158
LOLOL, he bad needs to wear makeup and wonders why no one wants to do group cosplays w/ him.
>>
>>8852450
It might also have to do with him shit talking people who don't cosplay with him
>>
>>8852336
Whoops, also in the process of moving a ton of crap around my room and knock the power plug and threw away the address. Can contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>8852135
literally still patterning. pray for me
>>
>>8852135
I begin packing tonight. I finished all of my sewing today, but I still have one simple prop, one more complicated prop, and a few trinkets to finish up.
I'm really excited; Katsucon is my AA spending spree con. Last year I spent about $200 on mostly prints. Can't wait to see if I can find art of the stuff I've gotten into since last year
>>
Need to finish sanding/painting a prop, painting wigs, and small accessories. And sewing a fleece scarf but that's relatively simple. I'm actually feeling good about progress but am still gonna end up working until I leave Thursday probably haha.
>>
>>8852946
*WINGS, not wigs, gdi
>>
>>8852135
I have things to do until Wednesday so I'm planning to pack little by little. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to pack a third one
>>
>>8850266
saturday at 8:30 sounds ideal so it doesn't conflict with the cgl meet. Me and a friend are interested in meeting up, swapping and such.
>>
Is it worth just going/paying if you'd only be able to probably do one day of the con?
>>
>>8850847
>>8850853
To be fair, the majority of people don't know what makes a photo good. Also speaking as a photog, I know my photos aren't the best of the best. One of the reasons why I usually charge less. >>8852946
I'm jealous, I'm still working on a big prop and I haven't even finished the patterns for my big cosplay.
>>
>>8850282
>>8853092
I'm assuming you're different anons, so I guess that would make 4 of us? This could work then! Okay, we can do 8:30 on Saturday. Again, anyone have a good spot that's pretty easy to find to meet? I was going to say probably outside one of the conference rooms or something.

Also, the stuff I have to trade are some Love Live charms I'm not using anymore. I have a Jojo's bag and Miku bag. I'm just more interested in seeing other cool ita bags and their owners, kek.
>>
>>8852135
I start packing tonight.

Somehow I have to fit 6 cosplays and a small air mattress in one suitcase and a backpack.
At least I don't have any breakable props...
>>
>>8853106
if you're nearby you could just ghost
if you're not local i don't know why you'd go
>>
>>8853134
Yeah I live within an hour so getting there is not a big deal, I'll just probably have grad school stuff that needs doing.
>>
>>8853129
oh no i have a photoshoot until 9 so i might not be able to come then...
>>
>>8853150
We could do 9:30, or 9-9:30 on Friday? I'm really very open as far as I know aside from working in the dealer's room. I mean, I guess we could also do it maybe around like 7:00pm on Fri or Sat? I could just have a worker cover me while I leave for a little bit. The dealer's room dies down after 6:00pm, normally.
>>
>>8853134
Thought about going and having a few drinks but the hotels are sold out.
>>
>>8852172
Yeah we should still be there
>>
>>8853188
9:30 on saturday would actually be perfect if it works for you other gulls :')
>>
Got all the fabric cut for my last cosplay today, should be able to sew it up tomorrow pretty quickly. Super excited to leave for con! It'll be my first Katsucon, and first con on the east coast. Got a long flight to get there.
>>
>>8850839
>not anywhere near top tier
Yeah okay
>>
File: 1454955250649.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
1454955250649.jpg
251 KB, 2048x1367
>>8854024
>>
File: AoifeHaney_LaurenPihl.jpg (36 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
AoifeHaney_LaurenPihl.jpg
36 KB, 810x810
>>8850448
She's barely been gone for a year and already starting up a new scam on Gofundme

Search for aoifesnewcamera
>>
Still need to paint for two of my cosplays and make some prop gym badges. Going to be a long three days.
>>
>>8852222
bae
>>
does anyone know the theme for this year's katsucon orgy? last year's was sonic the hedgehog for those who forgot
>>
>>8854108
dude. she's gone. save your vendetta for people who's in the community
>>
>>8854108
Okay the editing stuff I'll give you but people have wrinkles on their palms and I don't think they need to be edited out. And I don't see anything on her neck. I feel like your preferred style is probably way too heavily edited if you think people can have palm creases
>>
File: STREETS OF FIRE.jpg (46 KB, 529x389) Image search: [Google]
STREETS OF FIRE.jpg
46 KB, 529x389
>>8850024
Will there be Initial D cabinets?
>>
>>8854477

super mario bros
>>
If you took a drink every time you saw a Star Wars cosplayer how quickly do you think you'd die?
>>
>>8854745
Not quick enough.
>>
>>8854677
I HEARD THERE WERE 4 OF THEM.

AND I'M GOING TO WHIP ALL YOUR ASSES.
>>
>>8853625
9:30pm should be able to work for me. Any idea where would be good to meet up? I was excited for this today and decided to rearrange one of my bags!

Also, anyone going to the lolita swap?
>>
>>8854822
Neither Tokyo Attack or Arcade Impact will be at Katsucon. They will be at MAGFest though.
>>
>>8854834
Have a full list on the games?
>>
>>8854825
I was thinking about going, but I'm trying to save money so I dunno. None of the lolita events really appealed to me this year sadly.
>>
>>8854901
Katus or MAGFest?
>>
>>8854911
Katsucon
>>
>>8854936
Save Point will be providing the arcade cabs, but IDK if there is a list of confirmed games.
They have DDR, PIU, ITG, Neon FM, Pop'n, Beatmania IIDX, pinball and some fighting cabs.
>>
I'm picking up a cosplay and buying a wig at the convention, will anybody with wig trimming experience be willing to help me style my wig? I butchered the last wig I tried to style.
>>
>>8854966
>mfw they've confirmed no sdvx or jubeat...
>>
>>8855000
You can thank Katsu for that. Tokyo Attack put in a bid, they went with Save Point any way.
>>
>>8854555
Were you in the orgy and how does one join it?
>>
>>8854555
It's undertale

Expect many horrible jokes about bones
>>
Got something to say, be a man and say it to my face at Katsucon. All ya'll fools just run your mouth, but don't have the guts to step up.
>>
aw yiss I just finished packing. feeling good. at first I was a little nervous but now I'm excited for the con, I'm so ready.
>>
>>8854970
Post pic of what you're trying to make the wig look like.
>>
>>8855131
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm >>8850370
>>
>>8855117
you seem to have enough gut to share with all of us
>>
socal bird reporting in. how's the party scene at katsucon / east coast in general? i've never been before, and i just want to know how belligerent i should or shouldn't be to avoid embarrassing myself.
would also like to know if there are any room parties going on, so i don't disturb my roomies bringing a shitload of people back to our place.
>>
>>8855117

I know this is bait but
>/cgl/
>man
>>
>>8852313
update: i finished all my cosplay everything yesterday and it came out really good i'm so happy!!!! now i just have to work on the stickers i usually take to hand out, and pack, and i am good to go
>>
>>8854652
The editing style of the photo is overall smooth, so it is jarring once you hit hands that are heavily creased. If you want them to still look natural, but match the photo, she could've at least smoothed out/soften the palm creases instead of leaving them as is. Not an overall killer, but definitely not top tier as its an amateur mistake. Then again it seems CGL generally doesn't understand criticism doesn't mean vendetta/hate, and this is why many of the newbs jumping into cosplay photography are horrible.

I forget the guy, but he was a black photographer from the Northern US doing videos and someone commented on his shoot about removing cosplayers from a nearby bush for better ambient light and he flipped out about his haters on Youtube, when it was just basic tips and common sense to avoid having shadows in your photos.
>>
>>8855550
HAHAHAH I am NOT anywhere NEAR done
I hate myself
>>
>>8855629
I'm there with you. The all nighters will never end.
>>
>>8854825
im going, but probably just going to buy/browse. don't know if there's enough space in my suitcase to bring my swap stuff.
>>
>>8855557
bruh, the palm creases literally look fine, there's nothing wrong with them and you need to chill. they look totally normally and there's nothing that stands out about them at all.

the worst thing in this photo is the hand on the left (our left)
>>
first time to katsu, im local, is there badge pickup on thursday? also if there is what time is it.

assuming there is badge pickup anyone meeting up afterwards?
>>
>>8856151
yes. 7-11
>>
>>8856161
7am to 11pm?
>>
>>8856169
7pm
>>
>>8855557
All your nitpicks are wrong, they are perfectly fine and Pihl was a genius among the people who claim to be cosplay photographers. She's better off now doing fashion and weddings where she makes 5-6 times more than from shooting ungrateful cosplayers.
>>
File: IMG_0677.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0677.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>8850370
I'll be wearing my Rocketeer cosplay
>>
>>8854108
is nobody ever going to talk about how the sleeves are transparent and she didn't even attempt to put the sky she edited in behind them in any fashion?
>>
>>8856229
Hfw she barely updates her site because there's no work coming in :(
>>
>>8855012
Tokyo Attack has not been at Katsucon for a while. I decided that I will reserve Katsucon for the Jfashion/Cosplay and Magfest for the actual gaming.

>>8854966
Wait? Does Save Point have a IIDX machine? I thought it was just beatmania. I need para para paradise, which Save Point has/ (use to have) . Neon FM is pretty cool, but my local Dave and Busters has that.
>>
We all cringe down here and you will too!
>>
>>8856593
Tokyo Attack has tried to come back for years, but Katsu is too cheap. They're going to try again next year.

Save Point has one SPADA. I think he still has PPParadise, but who knows if he will bring it.
>>
First time at katsu. Is the masquerade worth going to?
>>
Blocking Mineralblu. It's spam at this point.
>>
>>8856743
The hell you say!
>>
bumping so this thread doesn't get killed by shitposts
>>
>>8856682
Not for a long fucking time. It used to be entertaining and funny. Now it's just cringeworthy referential humor and musical hits that have well overstayed their welcome used as a non-punchline.

Oh, and booing the DJ's/MC's between sketches for not being in touch with this generation SJW anime convention crowd.

If you like walk-ons of shit you've never heard of, from obscure-ass anime set to angsty music, go ahead and spend 2 hours in line.
>>
>when you leave all your work for the last week and a half
>think you'll be fine because you have a full time job where you only work 3 days/week
>working six days out of the 8 before katsucon, only giving you 2 days off
Oh my god I have so much shit to do
I do this every year

How terrible is badge pickup on Thursday? I usually pick mine up on Friday but we're going to be in the area Thursday night and thought we'd swing by.
>>
>>8857474
Figure you'll be in line for 2-3 hours
>>
>>8857590
How long does Friday usually take? First katsucon for me and that sounds ridiculous
>>
>>8857474
Last year was my first Katsu but I picked up Thursday and I was in line for about an hour and half. Not too bad, but I didn't go until the line had been open for a couple hours. Everyone I knew who had gone prior years that Thursday was the best day to pick up, one girl in my room waited til Friday early afternoon and (allegedly) waited in line three hours
>>
>>8856620

Save Point and most non-Japanese chain arcades updates their games based on an n-1 rule. That is, the current game's previous version. So this year will most likely have Pendual (so enjoy Touhou music).
>>
>>8857757
Hahahaha you sweet summer child
>>
>>8857784
In November or December they posted that they got SPADA, so that's all I know about their versions of any games.
>>
Christ, I didn't think Katsucon 21+ could be an even bigger shit show. But guess what I saw in the group today? Those 1449 retards going on about how if you go to cons you're a loser with a dead end job and how they're better than everyone. I can't even.
>>
>>8857956
Well they're not wrong.
>>
>>8857899

It would be a little weird if they stick with Spada. Pendual became more available in November.

I get where you're coming from and my point of reference comes from what dictates what bemani music games have been allowed on machines in public so I guess we'll find out at Katsu.
>>
>>8857964
Well yeah they do have a point alot of cosplayers need to get their lives together. But do they really need to be so condensing and douchey about it?

I mean if the community is that bad why even go or participate in the groups, do they really think these kids are going to listen to some fuckboy over the internet?
>>
>>8857991
It would be wise for them to have pendual, but who knows what they're actually using. That one arcade in Columbus has hella old Jubeat versions, so I don't expect anyone to have the most recent available version unless it's a Japanese arcade, Tokyo Attack, or arcades who work with TA.
>>
>>8858004
Pretty sure the Jubeat at Gachapon was on Saucer Fulfill when I was there last month. I wouldn't really call n-1 a hella old version...
>>
>>8858041
When I went over the summer they didn't have any recent songs on it. Even if it's Fulfill, if they don't update the songs, it's hella old.
>>
>>8857956
This is DC so there is a slightly higher chance that some of the attendees might actually have decent paying jobs. Just ask them what do they do for a living.
>>
>>8857956
Idk, I hardly get any days off during the work week, so cons are like my vacations and the few times I don't have to hide my actual level of weeb trash from people.
>>
>>8857757
Honestly if you go on Friday, are okay with missing a couple of hours (I think for me it was about 2-2.5), and bring anime to watch while you're in line, it's not that bad a time. You make friends with the people in front of and in back of you, especially if you're watching something good.
>>
What time does prereg start?
>>
>>8858275
I think 7 PM.
>>
>>8857033
thanks! def going to skip then
>>
so where/when is the orgy?
I don't usually fuck with /cgl/ but I'm down with this
>>
>>8850116
I saw Crispin's mythology panel at Otakon, not Katsucon.
>>
Wow, I wasn't paying much attention, I didn't notice a 3-day badge was $75 at door. Shame on me for not pre-registering.

>>8850370
Young Stanford Pines from Gravity falls, in the mustard yellow shirt.

>>8852135
I got fired a week ago so I've been almost entirely packed for a while now. Bit of wig styling. Trying to figure out if there's a better way for me to be attaching fake silicone pinky fingers to my hands than Pros-Aide, but acquiring, say, silicone medical adhesive by Friday would be both impossible and expensive.

I think I just need to go get some groceries and liquor tomorrow (gotta have liquor at Katsucon) and it'll be good to go.
>>
>>8858525
If its any thing like the Boatakon Hotel Fiasco at Bane's suite I want no part of it.
>>
File: a picture of captain falcon.png (322 KB, 846x651) Image search: [Google]
a picture of captain falcon.png
322 KB, 846x651
>>8858525
Is this "orgy" a real thing or is it just an inside joke at this point?
>>
>>8849393
for what it's worth, I'm 95% sure fuse beads is for little kids, and it's just a generic name for those iron together pearler bead thingd
>>
First time at Katsu.
How's the dealer's room/artist alley? Any places of business to avoid? (I guess inside the dealers/AA and also in the inner harbor)
>>
File: 1371053768898.png (139 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1371053768898.png
139 KB, 300x300
As much as I like giving panels, this whole find out less than two weeks before the con thing isn't really working out that great.
>>
When is the best time to pick up your badge? Thursday pick-up or Friday morning? How long does it take on average? (for either day) Asking cause my friends and I are getting into DC tomorrow but are wanting to do stuff in the area Thursday night.
>>
saw a new fag adverting mini shoot for $1. I think I'm done.
>>
>>8858738
Dealers room is honestly a bit underwhelming if I recall correctly. Artists alley is alright though.

Anyone else up early to leave? Just woke up and waiting for my friend to pick me up.
>>
>>8859132
yup. Flight leaves at 6 am. This is going to be a very long day.
>>
>>8859132
My boat to the mainland isn't until 10:45 and I've been awake since 3. My stomach has the anxiety gurgles, it's my first time flying alone.
>>
>>8859136
>>8859137

Have a safe trip here! Doesn't sound like you'll be holding on to a wig head the entire trip at least. My friend styled my fire emblem wig and I'm half certain it's going to be fucked at some point on the ride there.
>>
>>8858747
Im unphased. That's how we do in the midwest
>>
>>8859143
Thanks anon! I'm really excited for the /cgl/ meet tomorrow night. I was gonna go as Taiga but I need to buy a wig from the dealers room and style it so I'm going as cyber Nico instead and doing Taiga on saturday. I can't wait to meet everyone who's going!
>>
File: NH-Map-Directory-Full.jpg (2 MB, 4950x2550) Image search: [Google]
NH-Map-Directory-Full.jpg
2 MB, 4950x2550
They just announced food trucks, which would be a great idea except that the food trucks will be on American Way, three blocks from the Gaylord.

http://www.katsucon.org/food-trucks-on-american-way-during-katsucon/

>>8859132
Nope. I live in central Virginia, so I'm working until 2.
>>
>>8859132
not up terribly early, but i have to finish some last minute packing. and i'm coming from new england so it's gonna be a pretty long drive. we're leaving in around an hour and a half i think.
>>
>>8859213
I am too anon! Martha's Vineyard here
>>
>>8859213
>>8859226
NE here too (ma) but we're flying in!
>>
>>8858701
what, was that a thing?
>>
>>8859249
Out of Logan? My flight's at 4:45!
>>
>>8850370
Luteces will be there
>>
>>8859132
I'm local but I've done everything but style one wig and get some food for the room made, hence why i'm awake too dang early (plus I have a date this afternoon)

heading up tomorrow morning. running marvel shoot at one and then we'll see where shit goes from there.
>>
>>8859309
Man must be nice to be local to cons. Best of luck running the marvel shoot!
>>
>>8859311
it has its benefits, mid-atlantic in general is stupidly convenient for a lot of conventions.

thank much mate! currently i'm wondering where the fuck my wallet is, as I kinda need that sucker for con AND date. marvel shoot should go pretty well, i'm staying the fuck away from the "Official Marvel.Com" shoot on saturday because that was just a mess that wasn't the best fan shoot it could have been, it was mediocre photo-ops for marvel to promote with that was very poorly managed. but i've done the marvel shoots in this area for few years now, katsucon's a good crew, friday shoots are always great.
>>
>>8859319
Ah I see, was wondering about trying to run an Umineko photoshoot...if our fandom was large enough! I imagine running a shoot must be a pain. Maybe one day I'll join a not-vague fandom. Also hope your date goes well!
>>
>>8859213
Also driving down from MA
My boyfriend and I are looking forward to the quiet and peace of the car ride. We're both stupidly busy these days.
>>
>>8859328

A lot of fairly small fandoms hold meetups and photoshoots, you might have something there. It can be depending on the conditions and type of crowd you get. Otakon in particular is really stressful to run at for a variety of reasons, mainly crowd control related. The only problem area at the Gaylord really is the atrium-level fountains especially after sunset, so I just don't host any shoots there unless I gotta. Gravity Falls will be there at least one of the days, but again, much smaller group than Marvel. Marvel easily gets 30-60 depending.

Oh, and thanks! I am excited and hoping it goes well. Turns out I didn't pack my wallet so it's all good now.
>>
>>8859387
Followup: 30-60 is my estimate for Katsucon specifically. Otakon I have dealt with 100+ people including photographers before. Voice died after that for a while.
>>
>>8859255
Yeah, apparently the Bane tripfag took a buck of people back to his hotel room and they fucked.

They charged him or something for the stains in the furniture or something
>>
>>8859328
guido pls go
>>
First victim of katsu: Yasha's car. Whoever was driving rolled that sucker good
>>
>>8859495
Was just about to post this. Glad she's okay and got lucky, because that's fucking horrifying.
>>
>>8859495
>>8859503
Yikes. Double-check your blind spots, friends.

On my way to AUSA we watched the car directly behind us blow a tire and go skidding into the side of the tunnel. We were really lucky that we were ahead of and not behind them...
>>
>>8859514
It looks like she fell asleep while driving, btw. Sleep deprivation is no joke
>>
I'm in. TIME TO SLEEP.

Anyone want to do anything tonight?
>>
Saturday the temperature will drop down to 8 degrees at night with negative temps with the wind chill factored in.
>>
>>8859517
True that. I fight with that every day I go home from work. On long drives to cons I down coffee and energy drinks to keep going. Get your sleep if at all possible before cons especially if you're driving
>>
>>8859529
Have any fun party games or ideas in general?
>>
I made it through the airport! My flight is in two hours
>>
My friends and I are gonna be driving down from Pennsylvania tomorrow morning bright and early. Our driver is cosplaying as Max Payne.
>>
>>8858701
What the fuck is Boatakon?
>>
>>8858929
WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

$1 SHOOTS?

FUCKING LINK ME RIGHT NOW.
>>
FUCKING KILL ME, the day before the convention and a group member is probably dropping out.

>week of katsu
>their cosplay still hasn't arrived yet
>HURRDURR LET'S WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY TO CHECK FOR IT
>Post office doesn't have it even though it's tracked there
>sorry anon, I don't think I can be in the group anymore :(

I'm at my wit's end. We've cycled through probably 5 people that have dropped and we've managed to replace all of them. But this is too much.
>>
>>8859612

I didn't plan any party games unless you want to eat Peeps until we foam at the mouth.
>>
>>8859736
Welcome to cosplay
>>
File: DSC_0019.jpg (3 MB, 4200x2800) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0019.jpg
3 MB, 4200x2800
Pretty much ready for friday, find me for that arugula hook up
>>
>>8859824

I wanna get on that arugula while its fresh.
>>
>>8859772
Done. Where to meet?
>>
>>8859853

We're going to get some chicken at that Peri-Peri in around half an hour. You at the Gaylord?

Remember your peep store coupon in that Gaylord manual.
>>
>>8859861
Camping in line for pre-reg since first time here ON Thursday and want to get it out of the way.
>>
>>8859875

Ah, we'll be there after we eat. Hopefully is won't get too awful.
>>
My plane was delayed because we ran out of snacks. 20 minutes later and we're off!
>>
>>8859903
See you at linecon. If you notice someone wearing a Pikachu hat, that'll be me.
>>
Anyone gonna meet up tonight for drinks?
>>
>>8859715
oh I saw that, I think it was Vander, $3 for one shot or some shit
>>
>>8859985
Hopefully, when and where
>>
Anyone know of any good places to eat for lunch and dinner
>>
Are the lines long for prereg right now?
>>
>>8860071

I'm in it now. It seems to be moving at the least.
>>
Finally out of pre-reg. Anyone willing to include an anon in their Thursday festivities?
>>
>>8859861
Where you the huge loud as fuck group or the South Park cosplayers?
>>
>>8860071
>>8860104
It's long as shit but it's moving pretty fast.
Glad we decided to drop by today. Excited to actually like do con stuff on Friday instead of waiting for five hours and then being too tired to do anything else
>>
>>8860172

No. God, no.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.