[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita and cruises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Any of you gulls been on a cruise? Im thinking of frilling up but not sure if it is a good idea. I know it is going to be hot during the day, so I was thinking of saving the frills till night.

My ship doesn't have dry cleaning, so I was thinking of busting out the bodyline and leaving the bruando at home. Or perhaps I can maybe bring a tidestick and sewing kit just incase a waist tie button wanders of?

What do you think? I've never been on a cruise so any insight is much appricated. Thanks.
>>
Cruises are full of rude slobbish people, sticky children, careless drunks, and I wouldn't chance wearing anything nice except when going to dinner or a show in case something happened. Depending on your wardrobe I can guarantee you'll get a slew of comments and shitty jokes like "are you Bo Peep?". Which is not uncommon around normies, but you'll be around the same people the entire trip and if they're obnoxious assholes you will ruin into them again before the trip is over. But cruises are fun and I'm sure you'll have a good time. I would keep most of the stuff at home though and only pack subtle things for special occasions.
>>
Huh. I actually wore Sherbet Marine on a cruise to Bermuda. It was a lot of fun. Cruise ships have a lot of good spots for taking pictures, too. It's definitely warm on land, but it's not terrible. I went for a walk down the by the docks then stopped at a bar for fluffy drinks. If you really want to do it, then do it. A tidestick and small sewing kit won't take up much room in your bag.
>>
I am Actually going on a cruis ship in February 2018 to alaska. I wonder what the weather is like and what i should bring. I wear lolita daily so idk what else I'd wear since i dont have much else
>>
I went to the Bahamas last year and although I didn't frill it up, you have the right idea. You're going to want to lounge around in the sun/ pool and Lolita makes that hard. I pretty much lived in bathing suits during the day. I changed for dinner at night tho since the dinners are usually pretty fancy.

If you have the space to pack it all you should go for it.
>>
>>8835764
if you don't bring a sailor coord on a cruise, you will regret it.
>>
admittedly I've never been on a cruise before but I don't see why you shouldn't bring a coord or two with you for the fancy dinners or for a quick cute location snaps. just be smart about where you're going to wear it. definitely bring a tidestick and sewing kit and perhaps try to avoid anything with a print? (something plain would be easier to just clean quickly with a tidestick, I know with prints the big concern is proper cleaning so the dye doesn't run or get fucked up)
>>
I didn't bring lolita, but I did bring a few 'fancier' dresses and wore them to the dinners and the entertainment shows, and they didn't get dirty or require any maintenance. During the day yes you live in shorts and swimwear since it's hot and most of the boat is just pools or sun chairs, but the dinners are quite fancy and so it's totally doable. I'd bring some things you can coord a few ways though, and not bring too many little pieces since they might get lost/left behind on the boat. Have fun on your cruise!
>>
At first I just glanced at the title and I thought you were going to suggest having a lolita cruise, and now I so wish that were a thing.
>>
So, I've taken a lot of cruises out of Boston and NYC. I will warn you that these two locations attract a LOT of stupid meathead guidos and generally obnoxious people. Like I literally heard a group of them making fun of guests for having access to sit in the preferred members area before boarding the ship.

I don't know where you're leaving from, but if you're leaving from a location that has a reputation for having a lot of obnoxious, low class people, I would be ready to be made fun of openly :/
>>
>>8836491
It's gonna be cold as hell so Fleece, wool and flannel will be your best friend
>>
>>8842491
Thanks friend! I figured! I have a few velvet dresses ill probably pack since its usually way too hot to wear here, even in winter! Ill probably start sewing longer fleece bloomers over the next few winters to stock up on them for the trip, and i will keep an eye out for more cable knit OTKs as well!
>>
>>8835764
Lots of good advice in this thread.

I have been on a few cruises and most of the comments here are completely correct. It will be warm, humid, and salty during the day, and you will probably want to be wearing something very cool. There will be tipsy people walking around constantly, and you will be seeing them fairly often during the cruise. Most of the time they are kind, but you will always have groups of dumbasses thinking that they own the place and are too drunk for their own good.

Nights are basically the polar opposite, everyone normally dresses much nicer for the fancier dinners, and it will be much cooler than the daytime. I think Lolita would be much more appropriate at night.

I say to bring only a few garments and MAKE A CHECKLIST or take photos of what you bring!! People lose stuff on cruises all the time, myself having done so as well. Having a list to look back over on the last few days will help avoid you coming back with less clothing than you originally brought.

Also make sure to actually take time to relax, I loved going to the spa and getting massages then grabbing a Pina colada and relaxing in the hottub. Some people have a hard time just relaxing and not constantly planning every minute of their day (like my sister)

Also you should definitely have a sailor coord/uniform, I think it would be super cute, even if it is a little cliche.

What areas will the ship be docking at? Some of these places are safe to wander through, many are not and are filled with people looking to take advantage of obvious tourists.

Wow this turned into a long post, I apologize
>>
>>8840303
Drama you can't escape
>>
>>8840303
>>8844385
Heh, gave me a good laugh.
The first day or two would probably go smoothly. And then drama.
>>
>>8844391
all it takes is one lolita to go overboard
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.