[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea, Recipes, and Related Things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 23
File: alice-march-hare-mad-hatter.jpg (93 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
alice-march-hare-mad-hatter.jpg
93 KB, 720x576
What kind of food or tea do you bring for meets? Share recipes, tea blends, and stories relating to lolita outings and fun meets you've been to.
>>
My area has a little colonial tea room. It was a a shop and the neighboring victorian home the owner bought and renovated into a tea room. My local comm goes there a lot. You have to make a reservation, and you pay a flat fee per person and can pick a tea and meal set, it's really great! The worers wear colonial garb, and they have a bunch of cool vintage lady hats to wear for tea hats. They love us, since we all come decked out and it's very fun. The place is pretty classy, lots of older women go there, and the tea sandwiches and stuff are pretty good. It's probably the best tea house I've been to, which is why we go so much.

It's a shame because the owner really wants to sell it since she's so old and it requires a lot of work. The store it's attached to used to have more things, but it's a victorian novelty store, they sell lots of lace table liners, doilies, tea sets, etc.
>>
>>8830124
I just tend to make a little selection of flapjacks and cake pops. Flapjacks are good for energy and are easy to store, and cake pops are super fun to decorate. I usually dip mine in pastel icing and edible glitter, or if I'm feeling fancy I'll do simple lace designs and patterns. Sometimes I make cookies with print-inspired designs if there's a release I really love, but they're a pain so I don't make them much. If it's someone's birthday I'll make a cake or something decorated with motifs from their favorite print or the dress they'll be wearing that day, it always goes down well even if it's simple.
>>8830132
This sounds so cool! Where is it?
>>
File: 1446411103639.png (123 KB, 680x450) Image search: [Google]
1446411103639.png
123 KB, 680x450
I'm not a lolita (too tall), but I'll never turn away a tea thread.

I always drink black blends. Cinnamon, vanilla and ginger blends are my favourite. Ginger or lavender biscuits go really well with tea, but if you want something more fru-fru, caramel or custard tarts are great too. I wouldn't have something chocolate with tea, but maybe that's just me.

I don't know too many other people who like tea, but going to a tea party would be really nice. Usually I just have people around and bake sweets/make tea while we play tabletop games.

I'd like it if some local cons had tea rooms.
>>
>>8832516
>too tall
No, you're not.
>>
>>8832547
6 foot tall is pretty tall, anon.

I don't have the money to buy something to find out that it doesn't fit.
>>
>>8832570
Not to derail, but I'm six feet tall as well and I make do just fine. Go visit the tall jfash thread, don't let your frilly dreams be dreams.

>>8830124
I love to match my tea to my coord. Rose tea for my MM florals, earl grey for my naval IW, strawberry blend for my friend's strawberry AP.
>>
Anyone have delicious cake pop or bubble tea recipes?
>>
I tend to bring club sandwiches. Most everyone else brings sweet things like cake and scones so everyone else in my comm thinks I'm offsetting that and providing a savory option.

The truth is I can't cook.
>>
I would love to hear some good tea/finger sandwich recipes. Mine is pretty bland and basic
>>
Would anyone mind if I put some recipes for finger food or desserts that would be great to eat for tea parties?
>>
>>8832604
Please do!
>>
>>8832578
>but I'm six feet tall as well and I make do just fine

Really? I always figured they didn't make lolita dresses for tree sized ladies. I'll have a look at the thread, thank you.

But I will ask, at risk of being off-topic, you don't get picked on at all for your height in lolita? When I cosplay I get comments about being too big for my characters.
>>
File: tumblr_niijfzuDO91u85gazo1_400.jpg (65 KB, 345x408) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niijfzuDO91u85gazo1_400.jpg
65 KB, 345x408
Okay let's start with favorite classic from Gotthic and Lolita bible.

Strawberry Cheesecake Candles by Gothic and Lolita Bible
120 g cream cheese (4.2 oz)
10 g gelatin (0.4 oz)
50 ml water (3.38 tablespoons)
50 g milk (1.75 oz)
45 g sugar (1.6 oz)
Juice of ¼ of a lemon
170 ml fresh cream (¾ cup)
2 strawberries
50 g sugar (1.75 oz)
1 tablespoon water

100 ml fresh cream (½ cup)
8 g sugar (0.3 oz)
Splash of vanilla extract

*Soak gelatin in water for 15 minutes. Put cream cheese in a bowl to soften. Remove the stems from the strawberries, wash, and pat dry.

Mix milk and sugar in the pot, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add gelatin until melted.

In a separate bowl add the cream and rest on another bowl filled with ice water for 6 minutes. Add the cream cheese.

Add lemon juice to the milk and sugar mixture, then combine into the cream cheese.
Mix milk and sugar in the pot, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add gelatin until melted.

In a separate bowl add the cream and rest on another bowl filled with ice water for 6 minutes. Add the cream cheese.

Add lemon juice to the milk and sugar mixture, then combine into the cream cheese. Before it settles, fill the glass containers with the mixture and chill in the refrigerator.

To make the caramel strawberries, Mix the sugar and a tablespoon of water in a pot over heat. When it caramelizes and changes color, add more water. Coat the strawberries thoroughly and evenly. Using a bamboo skewer pushed into the strawberry, coat the strawberry thoroughly with caramel. It is easiest when this is done while tipping the pot. Place standing in a cup or container and refrigerate. Once chilled, heat the bottom of the cup by placing it in a deep bowl of hot water. Slip it from the cup and place it on a plate.

In a bowl, mix cream, sugar, and vanilla extract, and place over a bowl of ice water. Let stand for 6 minutes. Pour over the cheesecake and top with the strawberry.

Make 2 cheesecake candles.
>>
File: tumblr_mratyhAfxF1qjanxko1_500.jpg (103 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mratyhAfxF1qjanxko1_500.jpg
103 KB, 500x712
An old GLB scan
>>
>>8832623

http://littlemisscutefood.tumblr.com/post/108714434457/strawberry-cheesecake-candles-by-gothic-and-lolita

Link to full recipe and instructions so you can save it to look at later.
>>
File: tumblr_lzcy6aKMNl1qe8ygyo1_1280.jpg (189 KB, 774x1148) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzcy6aKMNl1qe8ygyo1_1280.jpg
189 KB, 774x1148
Old scan from Vol.6 GLB not translated sadly but I will post a simple recipe for tiramisu and then from there you can make a coffin shape tiramisu or anything really.
>>
File: skull_recipe2.jpg (20 KB, 450x308) Image search: [Google]
skull_recipe2.jpg
20 KB, 450x308
http://egl.livejournal.com/1534218.html

Another old scan from GLB. The directions aren't very clear so basically what you do is:

Make a cake and crumble it as if you were making cake pops, add the orange peel, gran marnier, and apricot jam (or icing to make it more simple) until it's like play dough. Shape it into a round then make the little triangle shape in the ends. After that, take them to the fridge to set while you melt your chocolate. After the skull cakes have firmed up, dip them into the chocolate and place them on a wax paper or silicon mat for baking, let them set and decorate!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4GUoRl0WI

Most youtube recipes I will link are ones I have tried and you will usually only need a stove, oven, hand mixer/beaters, whisk, and basic baking tools to do the recipes plus I have tried most and they are pretty good!
>>
>>8832653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmKj26kU_k
>>
>>8832655
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHyzBre4HhY
>>
>>8832658
No bake? OKAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSXnCY2bWfQ
>>
File: Earl-Grey-Hot-chocolate.jpg (86 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Earl-Grey-Hot-chocolate.jpg
86 KB, 600x400
I love making Earl Grey hot chocolate, and it's super easy. I just brew the tea and then make hot chocolate with it. It tastes better if you use real chocolate instead of the packet mix, but just do whatever works for you.
>>
>>8832659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYHGO4rvelo

Hard to make and takes a lot of time but the end results are worth it.
>>
>>8832665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl80S0n_yY

Simple to make and you don't need that sealing bread tool. It just makes it pretty, when you want to cut them just chill like instructed and cut!
>>
>>8832673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-gHYdU22Y

Mousse? Mousse, it looks hard to make but it's not and you can make small individual cups for everyone!
>>
>>8832675
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFskXfMjBUQ

Food wise, making this recipe into smaller cups would be better than a huge cup.
>>
>>8832684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_j0pdiugw0

cute cookies and they are pretty good.
>>
After posting these recipes, I feel like for tea parties, the food is so little which is okay but rarely enough so it would be good to make small sized desserts and food but there would be a good variety while it doesn't break the bank but also have enough so people can eat. But this idea is better for more personal tea parties with friends and potlucks.
>>
>>8832673
that's yogurt in fruit sandwiches? I always thought it was cream cheese.
>>
>>8832693
Whipped cream is mixed with the yogurt so it makes a delicious sweet and rich filling with a slight tang from the yogurt. It's really refreshing to eat on top of desserts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctgUzTl7j2I

Also this is more of a demo but them tsum tsum doughnuts are adorable!
>>
>>8832721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALqdLLl40Fg

chocolate cake
>>
>>8832730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjzXZVgwlxc

chocolate pudding?
>>
>>8832731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqSRwwJyhF4

chocolate pudding cake?!
>>
>>8832732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0v92yegwug

Strawberry chocolate bar!
>>
This is probably a long shot but when I was in Tokyo I went to a restaurant in an department store and was served a cup of green tea before the food arrived. It didn't taste anything like the western green tea. Does anyone know what it might have been? The taste wasn't grassy or bitter but almost had a sweet hint.
>>
>>8832774
matcha?
>>
>>8832772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkJp1iflIA

This is more for a big tea party dessert but it looks lovely desu.

And has anyone here done tea parties in your own home for your local comm? Did it go well or not? Is it weird to invite random(?) people to your house for tea and food?
>>
>>8832585
1part rehydrated chinese rubber bits, 1 part chinese chemical waste, red 5 blue 7 water.
>>
>>8832774
I'm pretty sure that was Japanese sencha. It is light green and has the exact taste you describe. Just make sure you buy a decent one. Also I think the problem with green tea served in western countries is that it's made with almost boiling water because people don't know better. I recommend getting a tea metter to measure the water temperature. Optimum temperature depends on the tea type put I'd say something like 65 degrees Celsius is good.

Also I'm sorry but according to your description it surely was not macha like some other anon suggested. Maccha is generally not sweet unless you mix something in it and just the look is totally different from other green tea (ypu can't see through it and there should be a very thin layer of foam on top)

I'm not even lolita but am a huge tea freak and even though I mostly prefer black tea living in Japan has taught me some things about green tea.
>>
>>8832463
I live in New Jersey
>>
>>8832604
Do it! I love recipe threads!
>>
Ok, this seems to be the place to ask. Does anyone know where I can get a decent chai without having to resort to making it on my own? If it's loose, bagged, I don't mind which.

Here's a recipe for chai spice drinking chocolate:
>http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/chai-spice-drinking-chocolate/
>>
File: banana-bread.jpg (59 KB, 535x356) Image search: [Google]
banana-bread.jpg
59 KB, 535x356
Ok, I have been searching for the perfect banana bread recipe. Any meet I go to, we must have banana bread and it has gotten to the point where we are looking for the perfect one. Please help me, what is your preferred recipe?
>>
How do I make sure that rose petals are okay for food use? I assume some are unsafe for food because of pesticides.
>>
Proper Tasty (the UK buzzfeed food fb) had this recipe for a little tea cup made of puff pastry and piped with Earl Grey cream. I really want to get together with just a handful of lolitas and make cute desserts and have a private tea.

>>8832621
Not at all, I get compliments on my legs more than anything. It certainly requires a lot more research if you're on a tight budget but if you are patient, you can certainly find dresses with longer cuts. Classic is incredibly trendy right now meaning that skirt hems are starting to come back down and low and just waists are showing up again.
>>
>>8833117
Go for organic flowers only and I am sure there is a list online on edible flowers that you can eat.
>>
If I want to go for cute without too much effort I love using those pillsbury puff pastry shells. Just have to bake them and then pipe in custard or cream and garnish with fruit.

>>8833478
>little tea cup made of puff pastry and piped with Earl Grey cream.
This sounds fantastic.
>>
I think these chocolates would be so cute for a Valentine's meet but I can't find small heart shaped tart shells anywhere. Does anyone know where to get them? https://youtu.be/CeL7uxc4P4M
>>
>>8833117
some specialty/fancy food shops carry edible rose petals. Also maybe try cake shops or even a florist, they may be able to order some for you from a supplier.
>>
>>8832601
Cream cheese and chives.
>>
>>8832601
Cucumber and watercress
>>
>>8832601
Pimento cheese on toast points
>>
>>8833516
You can sometimes find heart shaped mini cake/brownie/chocolate molds and then bake the tarts yourself. I know Wilton had them a couple of years back.

I personally love pastries and cookies as far as sweets go. Despite having a huge sweet tooth, things like big chocolates and rich chocolate puddings are far too sweet with too little substance for my stomach to handle.
I mostly end up nibbling on scones/macarons and tea sandwiches whenever my comm goes out for tea.

>>8832601
I think heartier tea sandwiches are nice. My local tea shop does a great tuna salad one and another nice curried chicken one as well as more traditional ones like the classic cucumber. Cheese ones (brie and jam, pimento, cheddar and apple, goat cheese and pecan) are nice, as are colorful ones like Salmon/Avo. Good bread is key for quality tea sandwiches, imo.
>>
>>8833028
What kind of chai are you looking for? Traditional, extra spice, sweet, coconut? I live within 20 minutes of three different chain tea companies and work for one, I'm willing to try around to find something close to what you'd like!
>>
>>8833865
A good traditional or sweet. Every one I've bought is always so bland.
>>
I have a tea that I bough from Egypt. It's dried roses that folds out and the tea is all red and have a very special taste, and you can even eat the rose dried if you want.
>>
Anybody got any nice savoury dishes? Local comm is having a pot luck soon, but I don't want to be another one who contributes to the overload of sweets that I know there will be.
>>
>>8834174
I'm a huge sucker for David's Teas Chocolate Chili Chai (that with a shot of fireball after all this snow is the bomb), but for a sweeter chai I'm a fan of Teavana's Dosha Chai. Teavana doesn't really have a traditional chai in stock atm, and I haven't been back to David's in a while to check their stock, but I'm heading out that way next week and I'll ask.
>>
>Decides to host a summer ILD tea party
>Excited because it'll partly be a birthday party for me
>Cleans the tea set I got from my grandmother and hardly ever use
>Goes to nearby bakery to buy a few mini cakes and tarts
>Sales person is super nice and gives me extra cakes when she hears it's for a tea party
>Make pink lemonade for people that don't want tea
>Pic is what I had set up
>One girl cancels the night before
>Oh well, there are still about six other people coming
>Everyone slowly cancels or just doesn't show
>In the end only two other girls show up

At least I got to eat mini cakes for a few days right?

Also, I'll add my super simple recipe for chocolate fudge. People always love it and you can add lots of different things to make it more special.
>Take 300 grams of bittersweet chocolate (You can make a layer of milk or white chocolate on top, but I don't recommend using just milk/white because it turns out very sweet.)
>One can of condensed milk
>Slowly melt the chocolate
>Mix in the condensed milk
>Add some nice stuff into the mix (Nuts, dried fruit, cornflakes, sprinkle of instant coffee, sprinkles, popping candy... anything really.)
>Pour into a flat container and let it set in the fridge for the night
>Cut out small squares and put them in paper cupcake cases.
>>
File: 23119.jpg (757 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
23119.jpg
757 KB, 3000x2000
>>8834717
Deviled eggs are my default for potlucks and it's easy to get pseudo-fancy with garnishes. Also miniature quiche in tartlet shells like pic related are good. Or, I have a really good recipe for cream cheese and parmesan stuffed herb bread that you can adapt to make small individual servings but it'll be several hours before I'll have access to it to share since it's in a book.
>>
File: exps35469_CWX1154012A10_11_2b.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
exps35469_CWX1154012A10_11_2b.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>8834717
Curried chicken puffs
Ingredients
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup butter, cubed
Dash salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
FILLING:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
Dash pepper
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 green onion, chopped

In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Reduce heat to 375°.
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt, curry powder and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, almonds and onion. Spoon into puffs; replace tops. Place on a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes.

Also you can fill the puffs with anything else savory you want instead like chicken salad, egg salad, cream cheese and cucumber, whipped potatoes, whipped carrots and craisins (might sound odd but it's delicious), whatever.
>>
>tfw not into Lolita but want to have cute tea parties and make/eat delicious food all dressed up
>>
I still have yet to use any of these recipes

Thought they say macaroons and there suppose to be macrons http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223233/french-macaroons/
>>
In my com there's a few girls that are gluten intolerant and me being the kind person I am, I always try to make something for them. So far the biggest hit has been a gluten free coffee cake. No one could tell that is was gluten free it wasn't dry or weird like most gluten free stuff is. I believe this was the recipe I used, http://www.food.com/recipe/gluten-free-sour-cream-coffee-cake-423225
>>
File: watermelon kakigori.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
watermelon kakigori.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
resident cu/ck/ reporting in, I'm the anon who provides tons of video recipes on topic that I tend to use, here you go gulls!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJZa2AG-Ec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfLCoLHm2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLy9ojZZFOw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8NVqDQZWgk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrMuNvFjwiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyZyHdzdjXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6krhJlpErjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeeOI_w7NyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_37qmW_p4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cdYDTSSfl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-e82OXcHk0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmLkPBut8nI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OELw6H-8BI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDZRjK75p0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl80S0n_yY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ufe75IoS-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWd0op94Ngo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCgXUoi1jAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oGn3aVJK8o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkR7N3F91kc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZ9-rOGayo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4hqMl7A30
vegan options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0LtX_Fdt0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YbQCDI6oYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgndkassLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkdVAq0_7Y4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhF8Kx9-hEc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebewT6lh2k
>>
>>8832621
They sell dresses that are supposed to be mid-calf on normal-sized people, that fit normally on tall people. Chokelate isn't 6' but she's pretty tall IIRC.

I guess it depends if you're tall and willowy (asspats everywhere) or just generally massive.
>>
>>8834781
That looks so cute!
>>
>>8830124
I love black rose tea and lapsang souchong. I don't feel fancy enough having just plain black tea when I go to a tearoom, since I drink it all the time at home. I feel like black tea is more lolita-appropriate than green tea, since it was what was popular in 18th-century England, but I love hoji cha and barley tea too.
>>
>>8834371
That sounds absolutely delicious. What was it called?
>>
>>8834904
love the vegan stuff
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (454 KB, 2488x2488) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
454 KB, 2488x2488
I find myself making a lot of apple roses for my meets...
>>
>>8835037
Super cute. That's where you roll the slices in puff pastry, right?
>>
>>8834904
Love these recipes! thank you anon.
>>
>>8835074
looks like regular sweet rolls with thin slices rolled into it, yes

I'd love suggestions on how to cute up cakes! I love baking both cheesecake and brownie-type things and while they look nice and even, it's kinda plain. everything more elaborate than 'sprinkle caster sugar over it' would be great
>>
>>8835120
I feel like brownies are one of the ugliest baked goods. Brownies and most "basic" cookies like choco chip, oatmeal, etc. This looks pretty cute and simple, though.

As for cheesecake, maybe ones that have some sort of swirl in them? I can't think of the right word, but my grandma makes one with homemade raspberry jam type thing that she draws a knife through to make a design on the top. You could put glazed fruits on the top for a cute cheese cake tart.
>>
File: 20160127_181922.jpg (413 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
20160127_181922.jpg
413 KB, 720x720
>>8835120
Here's some inspiration for cute brownie things. It's easy to decorate them if you think of them like cupcakes and make miniature brownie bites. You can cover the top with cream, icing, fruit, molded chocolate, nuts, you can make very thin brownies and then cut them into shapes to make like whoopie pies or cream sandwiches, you can make brownie crust and use it like a tart shell. Or you can just cut them into regular little brownie cubes and go simple like >>8835128
>>
>>8830132
>>8833023
I'm a different anon but I'm also from NJ. Have you tried other tea rooms in NJ? If so, how do they compare to your local tea room? I'm interested in visiting this one. http://www.600mainnj.com/tea-room.htm
>>
File: 20160127_193954-1.jpg (3 MB, 2318x2157) Image search: [Google]
20160127_193954-1.jpg
3 MB, 2318x2157
>>8835037
Ha! I'm making those right now.
>>
File: jelly.jpg (14 KB, 236x344) Image search: [Google]
jelly.jpg
14 KB, 236x344
I've never made it before, only had it at restaurants, but matcha tiramisu is heavenly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcgXlu_O4z8

http://www.ohhowcivilized.com/blog/2013/6/20/step-by-step-recipe-matchamisu-matcha-green-tea-tiramisu.html

Also I really love the look of those desserts where it's a flower encased in jelly or something. This recipe looks cute. http://littlemissbento.com/2015/01/sakura-kanten-jelly-dessert/
>>
>>8835292
>>8835128
oh that's really cute! thanks y'all, I think I'll actually make my next batch in cupcake form and maybe even try to leave the middle slightly soft/undercooked? (I realise that's basically a fondant at that point but the best homemade brownies I've ever had were nearly liquid in the middle)
>>
>>8833031
>perfect banana bread recipe

The bisquick one is pretty darn good.

2 1/3 c. Bisquick
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 lg. very ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. chopped nuts
Mix together Bisquick, sugar, oil and eggs, beat well. Smash banana with fork.Stir in bananas. Add vanilla and nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes in loaf pan.

I add in a tablespoon of almond extract if I have some on hand. I don't like nuts so I leave those out.

But this makes a nice banana bread. It's an old recipe that has stuck around for decades so you know it's good.
>>
>>8833507
>If I want to go for cute without too much effort I love using those pillsbury puff pastry shells. Just have to bake them and then pipe in custard or cream and garnish with fruit.

Oh that sounds nice. Nicely formal looking without too much effort.
>>
>>8834781
I'm sorry to hear about people flaking but your tea setup looks lovely! They definately missed out.
>>
>>8834781

Oh that is such a cute set up.
I am sorry your hobby is by default young flaky people that don't understand other's efforts.
Next time maybe ask for a $10 deposit at RSVP time to ensure people mean it when they come. Also have a good lead up time of a month. Then at 2 weeks out take pictures of the kind of sweets and teas that will be there. It'll get people excited.

If you like you can promise a little gift to the first 5 people who RSVP with money. Give out little pink silk hankies, rose earrings, or just a little cute keychain.

I used to be a party planner and I assure you it's not you in case you ever thought that.
I've been at parties for ages 8-75 and I can tell you that people are flaky about them until they are in their mid twenties.
People go through stages on what a party means to them.
Toddler to age 11 - just run around without any direction
11-16 - social aspect of parties becomes clear and they are there to socialize, not eat
16-20 - free food aspect starts to become clear and they will mostly socialize but they will notice if there isn't any decent food.
20-25 - there better be food there cause it's half social and half food
25+ - it's about food. They'll chat idly with guests but they would like to eat well.

I think early on we don't have to pay for our food, transportation, drinks. They are just always there so we don't care. But when you have to start paying for/making your own food you understand the efforts of others.
>>
>>8834904
wow these are great, totally making the soy milk donuts.
>>
>>8834923
>>8835957
Thanks Anons!

>>8835971
That's some great advise, I felt a bit odd really charging anything because it was just at my place (That may have been part of the reason for the flaking even though I'm not new to the comm.) and we only had tea and watched Kamikaze girls (I did have a pass the parcel game planned with small dares, but it felt like a waste using it for just 3 people.)
My comm is mostly in the 17-30 range so your info about the age groups was very informative (I'm in the 20-25 range myself and a poor student so I know the draw of free food well.) I think I did well on the food front but if I host another meet I'll be sure to give it more weight when inviting to the event.
>>
>>8833031
This is mine (been making this for years), and it's definitely more on the dessert/sweet side -

2 c all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 c butter
1 c brown sugar +
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 t vanilla extract
2 1/3 c mashed banana (about 3-4)

Combine dry ingredients. Cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs/bananas/vanilla till well mixed. Combine with flour mixture till just moistened.

Heavily butter 9x5 loaf pan. Sprinkle desired amount of extra brown sugar on bottom of the pan, add bread mixture, sprinkle more brown sugar on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
>>
>>8835425
This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>8838020
This sounds really good, def making this tonight. Thanks for sharing anon!
>>
>>8832516
you're not a lolita because you don't want to put in the effort
>>
File: 1379627854223.jpg (40 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1379627854223.jpg
40 KB, 500x329
>>8835971
This is actually really helpful, thank you! Contributing with a pic of desserts that I had saved on my computer since forever and can't seem to find the recipe for.
>>
>>8843061
cherry cheesecake from the Palace Hotel Tokyo, flavoured with cherry liqueur and fresh cherries, according to reverse img search and this http://luxuryhotel.jp/130314-palacehoteltokyo-sakura-sweets-bento.html
>>
>>8843073
Thank you so much! My Google skills are painfully shitty, so this is really appreciated.
>>
>>8833031
Here's mine! It's super moist and fresh tasting.

>1 2/3 c all purpose flour
>1 tsp baking powder
>1/2 tsp baking soda
>1/2 tsp salt
>2-3 mashed ripe bananas (about 1 c)
>3 tbsp sour cream
>1 tsp vanilla extract
>1/2 c applesauce
>1 large egg
>1 c sugar
>1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put rack in lower 3rd of oven. Whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add dry into wet until well incorporated. Spoon batter into greased bread pan. Bake 45-50 minutes.

I also like to add a dash of all spice to give it a bit of a kick, and sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the batter before baking, just for flavor.
>>
>>8835404
Are those yours? I tried making them once and I couldn't get the apples to stop browning long enough to put them in the oven. Yours look so much better than mine turned out, even before I cooken them.
>>
>>8846366
Did you do the lemon juice step before assembling them? I usually don't have much of an issue with them (not the anon you quoted, btw)
I personally like them with a bit of raspberry jam.
>>
File: IMG_20160127_210235.jpg (818 KB, 2133x2133) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160127_210235.jpg
818 KB, 2133x2133
>>8846366
Those were mine before baking. Pic related is after with some ice cream. I just followed that video that was floating around social media a while back. Did you try that, or a different guide/recipe or just wing it? I didn't have any trouble with the apples browning during assembly.
>>
>>8846651
I dig your plating, anon
>>
>>8846668
Thanks! It's just stuff thrown in a bowl for myself but I'm glad it looks pleasing.
>>
>>8846651
This looks really tasty. Good job anon.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.