[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you wear lolita (or other jfash) in public?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I have never seen a lolita on real life, nor fairy kei or anything like that, only on cons. Even tough I believe there's plenty of lolitas in my country.
Do you wear your cool fashion in public? Does it affect you?
I wear it sometimes, but I am not very confident.
>>
No, I fill my bath tub with milk and rose petals and wear my burando there.

Of course I wear it out. They're my clothes. Even when I save my more ott coords for big meet ups, I still have to get public transport to reach them, and I might be going somewhere else after. What's the point on spending money on expensive clothes and just wearing them at smelly conventions?
>>
I'm a daily lolita so I wear it every time I go out. My style is very simple compared to what you normally see online, mind you, I usually stick to classic and don't wear prints.
>Does it affect you?
Depends on how you look at it. I've been a daily lolita for a few years now, at this point I've gotten used to it and I don't mind the attention most of the time (even when people are rude, and sometimes they are) so I guess it's helped me stop caring about the opinions of strangers and how they look at me or what they think about me.
>>
I actually have seen a few lolitas outside of meet ups from time to time, but mostly it was around Japantown/ japanese fashion shops.
I used to wear lolita daily but can't anymore because of my work and don't want to anyway because my style changed a lot, but you know, those are clothes meant to be worn.
After a while being into alternative fashion you just get used to the stares and comment. I don't notice them anymore, and mostly go on and about with some music on anyway. But I found that if the style suits you and feels natural, you won't get much criticism really.
>>
I live in a very small town in Belgium and I have seen lolita's, but no other recognizable jfashion. I also wear lolita out 2-3 times a week.
>>
I'm into gyaru which is pretty wearable. So at least when I go out with friends I'll dress up. Also Lolita and stuff. My wardrobe is like 95% alternative j fashion and the rest 5% are my normalfag work clothes (would never want to ruin my burando with dirty childrens hands and eww no just no)
>>
I wear more subdued jfashion (larme, nanchatte etc) all the time. Always got nothing but compliments and always get called 'stylish' by those not in the know.
>>
>>8795888
What country do you live in, OP?
My country is tiny as fuck and the biggest comm is in the capital, and I still see loads almost daily.
>>
>>8796194
Anon i am from Belgium too. Where are you from? Lonelita here.
I actually never dared to besides friends in the past. I sold my shit teenage bodyline-mainly wardrobe years ago and now am trying to rebuild one since i am a bit more confident. But wouldnt dare to wear it out alone i am too self conscious and stuff. Also still living with parents and being told how weird i look when going and greeted back with a "you really went out like this" just...i don't even wanna have to deal with this. It's making me sad.
>>
>>8795888
of course, i dont just buy $300 and let them collect dust. I go to the main city near my town about once a month to go on a dinner date in lolita with my boyfriend.
>>
Yep, I wear it on average a couple times a month, usually when i go out with friends. I've seen quite a few stunning lolitas around town (including one who i always seem to see around my tiny neighborhood of town; never met her since i've usually seen her from the car/bus, but forever curious), but then again i'm a torontofag, so that probably explains a lot. People are pretty used to it around here so i dont catch a lot of flack; rather i more often than not end up attracting people who know about the fashion and ask me for wardrobe/shopping advice. It's pretty funny too, my parents & friends always get so excited and tell me when they spot another lolita around town and start describing their coord; it's like some sort of strange scavenger hunt or something

Havent seen a whole ton of other jfash styles other than some subtle influences here and there, though i did on one memorable occasion find myself (in total normalfag wear, going for groceries) sitting across from a girl on the bus in gorgeous head-to-toe mori kei
>>
>>8796878
(sorry, that came out as much more of a wall of text than expected, polite sage)
>>
i wear comfygoth with a mix of japanese, gothic, and normalfag brands/thrift mostly. i have been incorporating ouji elements into my daily wear, but most of my items are formal (Boz, Moitie) so wearing them without a special occasion does not make sense. as i acquire more casual pieces i will wear actual casual ouji whenever i feel like it.
>>
I used to be more enthusiastic about wearing it out, especially when I started. Lately though, I can't be bothered to wear it except for meetups and conventions, or meeting up with a friend or two every few weeks when our schedules align. I just don't feel like wearing it alone anymore. I don't like the attention on me, and I usually like to go about my business in peace instead of get stares, comments, pictures, whatever. I want to make an effort to get more wear out of my wardrobe but eehhh... fuck it.
>>
I live in a tropical climate so I try to wear Lolita once or twice a month because 1) I don't do well in the heat and 2) I don't want to sweat all over my brand. I wear gyaru whenever I can since it's much lighter and easier to wear. I don't get many comments about wearing j fashion out but I get so many stares.

There's a small community where I'm at but mostly everyone is much younger than I am and it's really awkward hanging out with people that are several years younger than me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.