[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 1446023910991.jpg (38 KB, 643x425) Image search: [Google]
1446023910991.jpg
38 KB, 643x425
New feels thread the other one is autosagging.

>tfw i just miss Princess Skye and Milky Fawn being in lolita
>Also i miss a french lolita no one really know about she inspired me a lot to get into the fashion
>now she's into super normalfag fashion
I just want to have a model...
>>
>>8773674
Holy shit are you me, I was literally just reminiscing about The Princess Portal. I really liked her unconventional (but typical of the time maybe?) coords, like bustier and skirt with no blouse or cardi, it was still polished and neat somehow.
God I miss it so much. I tried to start a blog on a similar tone but I couldn't keep it going.
>>
My best friend and cosplay buddy just dropped the bomb that she's moving out of the country. I'm completely devastated. I have a few months until she leaves, but, I just can't get over the fact that I may never see her in person again
>>
My friend fell out of a cosplay plan with me ~5 years ago. I had already bought my fabric and made the costume anyways and wore it for 1 con. Another cosplayer has expressed interest in cosplaying the character that my friend never did in the end with me since I still have the costume. Is it okay to cosplay with the new friend? The old friend will be bitter to some degree I feel but she has never expressed interest in ever going through with the cosplay after she told me she wasn't going to do it 5 years ago. I really want to wear this cosplay again since it was one of my first ones that I completed all by myself so I'm going to alter it and fix it up before wearing it again. I really liked the costume too but nobody really recognized me without my other half at the con so it was a little disappointing.
>>
>>8773679
Aw i was searching for it in the wayback machine. I miss the simplicity of the old lolita days. I'm keeping a blog myself but...

>>8773683
Oh gosh...that must hurt. I'm sure you'll stay in contact and even if you're not...well that's gonna seem harsh but people come and go, it's life, you will encounter so many more people.
But seriously, my best friends are from the country besides mine and that doesn't stop us. We see each other like once a year so it's kinda hard but even then, it's worth it and they're the best friends i ever had.

>>8773713
Off course it is. She may feel bitter but , she never expressed any interest for it so it's her problem not yours. Do your best anon. You'll have a good time and finally wear it and be recognized.
>>
I'm getting really insecure about my hair in Lolita. It's my natural color, it's healthy, but I've started feeling like shit when looking back on my photos and seeing my hair next to other people who are wearing wigs and seeing tiny bits of frizz sticking out or if my bangs aren't perfectly straight and smooth. It makes me feel messy.
I weaned myself off depending on wigs for about two years and started to like my hair more, but now I feel awful again.

I guess there's no real fix to this only to deal with it or get a wig, but I was wondering if anyone else has gone through something similar?
>>
>graduated with a masters a while back
>haven't been happy lately
>not searching for employment atm
>driving around to get me out of the house
>writing down notes concerning my future
>happy my lolita friends are enjoying their lives
>a number of them went to Orlando a few weeks ago
>hope to be with them again in the future
>pondering some changes
>bought some skincare products at Sephora
>made a reservation for HL JSK (dream dress)
>found another dream dress in sales
>bought that too
>getting a Gudetama plushie for Christmas
>asked for some more shojo manga for Christmas
>out of Mallomars

I need some more chili.
>>
>be me, a cosplayer
>never had much interest in getting into lolita even though i always thought it was kind of cute
>start coming on here regularly
>fall in love with a certain lolita skirt
>been dreaming about it for the past several days
>seriously considering buying it even though i'm still not entirely interested in "getting into the fashion"
>working very few hours right now, job on break for holidays, short on money so it'd be horrible to get sucked into ANOTHER expensive hobby i already spend too much on cosplay
>what is life
>>
>>8773800
If you only like the skirt, buy only the skirt. You don't have to wear it as lolita and get sucked into the fashion if you just like that one thing.
>>
File: tumblr_mvlwuoZ9cT1qakpx1o1_250.gif (918 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvlwuoZ9cT1qakpx1o1_250.gif
918 KB, 250x141
>has experience a fair share of trauma and going through therapy to deal with it
>literally everyone I know is describing me as "broken"
>wtf I'm not an item
>you're making me sound and feel troublesome
>can't even tell them off because they mean well and I got better things to do than deal with possible drama over such a stupid thing
>>
>>8773805
yeah that's what i was thinking but i was also like "will actual lolitas judge me if i do that...."

except honestly it doesn't look that lolita on its own and also fuck what other people think, i'll get it after the holidays when i have a little more money. thanks anon!!
>>
>>8773823
Lolitas are fine with it as long as you don't call your outfit straight out lolita.
>>
>>8773824
This. In general, lolitas don't give a shit about wearing lolita items as normal/non-lolita clothing. Unless you're a celebrity, then you'll get shredded. lol
>>
I kind of miss drama threads on /cgl/. Don't get me wrong, I know the farm exists but I'd rather discuss actual drama then having to sit through 500 replies of people going 'lol get a nosejob" and how 'ugly' everyone is. I guess that's just because I never really cared about discussing someone's looks? So the farm is kinda boring to me most of the time.

Now everything just gets deleted because of vendetta even if it's only a few posts about a person.
>>
>>8773831
I actually think it's more unhealthy to have the threads banned. It just ends up with people venting their anger/jelly/whatever in different ways, you can't even call someone out on shitty stuff anymore. It's so stupid.
>>
>>8773833
Pretty much, there's some really shitty people within the lolita and cosplay communities that should be avoided. But you can't talk about them without being banned.

If it's just petty drama then fine, delete it, but when it's calling out actual dangerous or just really bad behavior, then I think we should be allowed to discuss it.
>>
>>8773825
That's not true at all though, especially if it's a main piece.
>>
File: 1389240321533.png (605 KB, 831x453) Image search: [Google]
1389240321533.png
605 KB, 831x453
>>8773831
>>8773833
ikr.
The farm is a cringefest most of the girls there are so insecure they need to shred every cow's physical appearance to pieces "lol she's so ugly and fat and her nose is so big and her eyebrows are terrible geez she's sooo haggard and old looking" also lots of ana chans calling everyone a fatty. It's painful and not fun anymore. I miss the drama here because it was simpler, i didn't like when half of the threads were that but i miss it. PT threads,kooter threads,occasional talking about Venus, and the tripfags like Charms and stuff,...It was such a golden age now everything is boring.
Maybe Hiro-sama/New moot will agree for us to have some drama back? Moot didn't want to but the new one maybe...? But he probably doesn't give a damn about us so.
>>
>>8773850
>also lots of ana chans calling everyone a fatty.
Oh this so much, I'm average close to underweight but I usually don't care what strangers on the net think about my body type.
But somehow these girls manage to get under my skin and make me hate myself, when it's not even about ME or anyone with similar body shape or weight. I cringe every time someone mentions the farm nowadays because of these people's unhealthy obsession with how other people look
>>
>>8773850
>>8773857

Pretty much agreed with everything. I'm fat myself and generally don't care about "lol she's fat" but some of the girls they call fat simply aren't. Not to mention the obsession when a girl gains a few pounds, as if she's suddenly obese. I think the fact that HAES thread is probably the most active one around is kinda telling in this case.

So many of these have actual things to talk about yet it always ends up with "Lol her face is so ugly lmao" and when someone disagrees they'll get 10 replies telling them that they're a newfag and to fuck off.
>>
>>8773857
I'm a totally normal weight and slim by european standards (because i live there) but nooo if i disagree with them i'm a "hambeast amerifat fatty who's butthurt". I swear i'm gonna shove a whole jar of mayonnaise down their throat if i hear it or any thread derailing nonsense about weight one more time. Lately i've felt bad about myself and i realized "Anon are you fucking retarded, because some little bitches on the internet are too insecure you're going to feel bad about yourself? Get a hold of yourself you're not a weak ass bitch like them, they have a problem in their heads, you're fine." and i felt better.
Really they are OBSESSED with looks, and with cows that don't produce any more milk, like Kota, i used to love her she was my fave cow but it's time to let go, guys.
I swear some of them are just as bad as the cows or on a similar level. It's like they NEED drama or they'll die because their life is so sad and boring. Get a hobby or something because that's just sad.
>>
>>8773845
If you're not a lolita, then why would you care?
>>
>>8773899
What? Please read, you said lolitas don't care, a lot of them do. Including myself unless it's just a bag or socks or something small.
>>
I'll be inheriting about 20k soon and I'm already thinking of all the dresses and things I want to buy. But I don't want to spend more than 2k, the rest I need to save. This will be hard.
>>
>>8773904
>you said lolitas don't care
First time posting in this thread, so nope, different anon. I was saying that if you yourself aren't a lolita, why would you care if lolitas are judging you? Please read.
>>
>>8773913
You really are a special kind of stupid. I never said I wasn't a lolita and I was not the person concerned about being judged. That was my first post in this thread also. Do you think that all the posts are made by 2 people? Anyone can join in at anytime. Obviously if I respond saying that the claim that no one cares if you wear lolita items in a non-lolita claim was false, I am one of those people aka a lolita who thinks otherwise. Wow. I never fail to be amazed by the stupidity of some people here, a 5 year old could understand it straight away as it was a very clear and simple response.
>>
>>8773913
>you yourself
I meant the cosplayer, woops.

>>8773916
Yes, I realize you were saying lolitas care, but I was still asking why the cosplayer would care if lolitas were being bitchy because she was wearing their precious burando. So, why would a cosplayer care if a lolita is being salty over her wearing a lolita dress in a non-lolita way?

I still never said lolitas don't care, you were trying to put words in my mouth.
>>
>>8773923
If you read the thread, you would have seen that the cosplayer actually did care. Reading is power.
>>
>>8773923
They never said you said lolitas don't care, they said that they were a lolita who cared. I think it might be a good idea to go outside.
>>
>>8773924
So basically she's a pansy with no back-bone. Okay then.
>>
>>8773926
> you said lolitas don't care, a lot of them do
She said right there that I said lolitas don't care. Just sayin'.
>>
>>8773905
>inheriting 20k
>don't want to spend more than 2k
>want to save

You need to go talk to your financial planner. Inheriting some money is life changing experience that you need assistance. Don't have one? Go talk to someone at Edward Jones, Charles Schwab, etc. that have CFP experience. Don't get scammed.
>>
>>8773931
That's because you were acting like you were the person who said it originally and making no sense.
>>
>>8773934
Still putting words in my mouth.
>>
I can't believe there is a "he said she said" situation going on in here
>>
>>8773850
Does he have an email like moot did? Someone should contact him, even maybe through his social media, and say that we have this rule but other boards don't. Like there's constant "celeb" threads on /v/ where they just talk negatively about people but /cgl/ can't even start any discussion or warn people about certain things. Obviously a janitor can delete a thread if people are wanting to attack others for no reason.
>>
>>8773953
wow yeah this conversation turned into a mess.

cosplayer op here, i just wanted to clarify: i do slightly care if actual lolitas dislike non-lolitas wearing lolita pieces because i know i shouldn't but i do kind of care what people think about me? and i don't really want to get shittalked just for wearing a cute skirt

but at the same time i don't care because

it's just a cute skirt.

hence the inner conflict

can i ask lolita anon who says they do care, why? what bothers you about it?

and it's not that it's ~burando~ because t b h the skirt is bodyline and i know enough about lolita to know bodyline is generally looked down upon
>>
File: 31283-shoujoapolcaypse.jpg (151 KB, 753x490) Image search: [Google]
31283-shoujoapolcaypse.jpg
151 KB, 753x490
>Finally, after years, go to a psychiatrist
>Get diagnostiqued diverse shit, among them medium-severe depression and have 2 suicidal tries
So I guess it should have a little priority
>Get assigned a good psychology, for individual and group therapy.
>Dated the first session in 3 months
>waiting, get worse everyday
>while, psychiatrist prescribe me even stronger anti-depressives
which I'm not taking, and that's entyrely my fault.
>So past Monday was, finally, after 3 infinite months, the day for my first session.
>Go to the session
>ring the doorbell
>no answer
>see if I've mistaken the address
>nope
>ring the doorbell
>ring the doorbell
>ring the doorbell
nothing happens
>So I went home, I feel bad, stupidly bad, worse. Trash trash trash
>I contected her consult next day, by phone.
>pops the same telephone voice as ever. No one takes the phone.
>On Friday, someone called me.
>Was psychologist assistant, told me the psychologist was on her vacation, the office is closed, and she will be back on 10-January. That piece of shit apologies for not calling me, she called the other patients but forgot about me, "oh, so sorry !". And then she told me I can call on January 10 for request for a session.
>And I'll have to wait another 3 months.

I just feel bad.
Go outside house, calling by phone, go to a doctor and talk to anything is so damn hard. I know how it sounds.
I'll go to my medical insurance office to request another psychologist; I can't wait a single day more.
>>
>>8773939
Still not reading
>>
>>8773989
I have been through that anon...please keep hope it can get better. After 5 years of progressive suffering i am finally ok. It's the first christmas i will enjoy since 5 damn years i want to cry of happiness thinking about it.
Funny thing is,a year ago, i was eating chinese fortune cookies with a friend and i got "a great sorrow will disappear".
>>
>>8773991
no, no, words were definitely put into my mouth.
>>
>>8773745
Personally I think lolita looks best with a wig no matter what. A good wig can bring a whole coord to the next level. You'll look much more polished.

But that isn't any reason to feel down on your own hair. I think my eyes are pretty even when I don't wear shadow or mascara, but if I want a certain look on a certain day I don't hesitate to apply some. If your hair is healthy then I'm sure you're adorable in normal clothes. Lolita just calls for an extra oomph, after all its not about looking natural.
>>
>desperately want to be a full-time lifestyle lolita
>work at a place that has a uniform
>too depressed/chronically tired to make myself dress up on days I'm not working because I won't be going anywhere but the post office

I kind if hate myself
>>
>>8773745
Wigs make lolita look like a costume. Nothing says costume like a wig. Small imperfections is what makes something look like real clothes. A fly away hair here or there, a tiny scuff on your shoe, are the kind of things that make it look like these are your real clothes and not a costume.

While my hair is not as "perfect" as wigs, in my opinion I most definitely look better. Wig girls look costume clad, I can't take it seriously.
>>
>>8774017
>Lolita just calls for an extra oomph, after all its not about looking natural.

You're obviously very new.
>>
>>8774036
Are you me?
Try simple casual outfits at first. You will get better anon. Believe me. Pls stay strong there.
>>
>>8774075
Shut up
>>
>>8774036
Cutsew dresses are a godsend anon. They're so comfy, but still cute.
Get yourself a few so you can just throw them on with some otks, put your hair in pigtails or a bun with a bow and a pair of cute slippers. Instant kawaii!
>>
File: 387653169_fc273ecec5.jpg (219 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
387653169_fc273ecec5.jpg
219 KB, 500x427
>>8774036
Look in to old school and casual.
In all honesty lolita doesn't take any more effort than wearing anything else. Unless you're an absolute slob outside of the fashion or you want to wear full Ott to the post office.
>>
>>8774075
fuck off
>>
>>8774075
I get that no one likes whining, but honestly, your post sounds way whinier. Have some compassion. Sounds like she's going through some reasonable but difficult crap.
>>
>>8773989
that's so horrible anon, I'm sure you will find a better therapist that will see you sooner

I had my first time at a shrink/psychiatrist place this year and I had to wait 8 weeks for it, only to be told if I want to be prescribed medicine I have to wait another 8 weeks, but I'm having issues with my visa so they're refusing to even put me on the waiting list until my visa is fixed

and the "therapy" was completely useless, she gave no advice or any input, just told me in the final appointment that I have anxiety, dysphoria and depression (that's what I told her in the first appointment.....), nothing about how to deal with it. Her and my GP's take on depression were "try to be more active, go outside more, wake up earlier". Real helpful.
>>
>>8773933
Oh God no, please be careful with CFPs and investment firms. Remember, they make their money off selling you securities, not you making money off those securities. $20K isn't really a lot of money overall. Just do a little research on your own for a nice diversified portfolio of low-cost index funds like from Vanguard, or buy a few well-managed ETFs through a brokerage account.
>>
>>8773986
>i know enough about lolita to know bodyline is generally looked down upon
I don't think you know lolita as well as you think. See the good Bodyline coords thread: >>8772478
The general consensus is that your clothes should be good quality in terms of design and materials, coordinated well, and fit you properly. The label doesn't matter as long as you look good, basically.
As for whether lolitas care about you wearing one skirt casually: Stop caring about what strangers on the internet do or don't think about you and wear what you like. Do what makes you happy.
>>
>>8774177
Or put $5-10k in a money market account, don't touch it and come back in 5 years.
>>
>>8774214
The reason why there are "Good Bodyline Coord: threads like that is because Bodyline are known for having shitty items. You don't see "Good Angelic Pretty Coord" threads. BL will forever be shady and taboo in lots of people's eyes, especially those lolitas like me who were around when BL was as hated as Milanoo due to the sex shop thing, shitty quality and knock off designs. All of which apply today, although to a lesser degree.
>>
>>8774250
I know, and that thread proves my point: The label doesn't matter as long as you look good. It doesn't mean that Bodyline doesn't have shoddy quality sometimes, shoddy practices, and a shoddy reputation; but it still goes to show that it can be worn well.
It's not so relevant to the anon who wants to wear some specific Bodyline skirt casually but I wanted to point it out all the same.
>>
>>8774053
>Wigs make lolita look like a costume
The times they are a changing. I just saw this in the simple coord thread, too. Are you that same anon, or is this gonna be the new consensus around here? It goes pretty well with the love of classic around here, that's for sure.

I'm super sad that I apparently missed the days of pastel dresses and big unnatural wigs. I'm gonna dress sweet anyway, but, it's always a bummer when once again I like the thing no one else likes.

Enjoy your oxfords and bob haircuts.
>>
>Not quite rich, but also definitely not a poor fag
>Buying computer parts
>Picked a horrible time to buy computer parts during holidays but black Friday deals were good
>Heat bill was hella high this month cause winter
>Was going to buy dream dress in January
>Boyfriends birthday is in January
>Had to buy a random plane ticket for his bday trip back home
>So broke right now
>Gonna still be broke in January

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. will shit stop coming up that takes all of my spending money. I can't buy lolita til February.
>>
>>8774266
You seem oddly salty about this, anon. You're allowed to wear and enjoy whatever you like, regardless as to it's popularity.

Protip: This has always been the general consensus outside of said 'big poofy OTT sweet' period, which was surprisingly short-lived for a lolita trend.
>>
File: 1333087366126.png (148 KB, 433x510) Image search: [Google]
1333087366126.png
148 KB, 433x510
>about to leave full time work to go back to school
>less time to work and higher expenses
>guess I won't be buying lolita for a while
>>
>>8774277
This is being discussed in the other thread as well, but I'm referring to how most gulls (that I've seen anyway) will almost always recommend a wig when they see bad or mediocre natural hair.

I'm oddly salty because I've lurked this fashion for awhile, then dropped off only to come back full force, commit to lolita only to find a lot of people where I am the most do not share my interests. Seems to happen with other j-fashions as well.

It's quite the fight to keep threads alive here sometimes, if one gull doesn't like something, she shits up a thread until it's deleted.
>>
I never understood people's obsession with MF and I especially don't now that she's been gone for a year. Her coords were nice, but nothing special and her room was probably the ugliest viral "lolita room" I've ever seen. Her personality in videos was pretty annoying and void of substance and she jumped ship on the fashion just because she didn't like efame, which makes it clear her motivation for lolita was more for other people. Yeah, she had a huge brand wardrobe, but if you actually look at her wardrobe post from when she had 50+, it's very much quantity over quality, even though it's brand. I feel like people like her so much because there's not a lot to choose from on YouTube.
>>
>>8774053
Lolita looks like a costume to everyone outside the fashion anyway, though.
>>
File: 1441431927021.jpg (42 KB, 329x519) Image search: [Google]
1441431927021.jpg
42 KB, 329x519
> work super hard on sagulls santa
> just get my card in the mail, had been pumped for weeks
> tiny piece of paper with one sentence and not even my name
> can't even feel good because it seemed like my santa hated what I made
>>
>>8774497
I never participated in the Secret Santa, is there not etiquette established or something? Anytime offices or whatever do it, there's always established protocol.
>>
>>8774266
You can make those big wigs look cute IMO. If you're doing OTT sweet, I think a big wig is perfectly fine! Personally I love wigs but only the thinner ones. But I think other people look really great in thicker, curly wigs.
>>
>Making plans to finally move to the city out of the boonies
>Excited to be able to regularly go to meetups, plus expand my wardrobe since I can justify it if clothes get regular wear
>Realise I'll have very little disposable income so buying stuff is going to be hard
>Sad feels, tempted to hone my sewing skills since I have a nice sewing machine and basic bitch skills but have no idea where to start with patterns for newbies
>Freedom is bittersweet (and expensive)
>>
>>8773806
>dat game so comfy
>>
>>8774053
>Wigs make lolita look like a costume
>implying I'm not actually trying to make it look like a costume
Face it, you look like a weirdo no matter what you do so I'm just going to have fun with it and actually give them something to gawk at.
>>
>>8774266
>is this gonna be the new consensus around here?
>implying /cgl/ ever has consensus
>implying it's not just a few anons repeating themselves until others get tired of it and protest
>>
>>8774497
i was not assigned anyone who was also assigned me, it seems. next paycheck i will be sending out thank-you cards to those who sent me gifts/cards. i hope maybe you will be one of those and my card will make you smile.
>>
>>8773870
This. I lurked the farm a lot for a few months and I gotta say the posters are more cringeworthy than most of the cows. If you read the OT threads about mental health and feels, it's more than apparent that a lot of the people on there are batshit insane themselves and very miserable. I realized I was among that group and have been trying to improve my life and personality, it's really distressing to realize you fit all the stereotypes of a typical farmer. I just seriously hope more of them do before it's too late for me.
>>
>>8774577
*too late for them
>>
>>8774017
Please research the fashion more.
>>
Just got dumped, been super depressed want to hang out with Lolita squad to cheer myself up but they're all gone for the holidays.
My parents want to bring me to some fancy hotel Christmas brunch don't know if I should wear nice normie clothes or Lolita and if I wear Lolita will the shoes I order for my Christmas coord even get here on time? Seller hasn't given me any word of shipping them yet, they were supposed to be shipped by Friday. I've been so overwhelmed by life in general whenever someone talks to me in person I just start to cry. I spent last therapy session in her office accomplishing nothing, just sitting there crying. Today my parents are taking me out somewhere and it will be the first time I'll see sunlight since two days ago when he took me out and dumped me. Debating getting all dressed up to feel confident about myself or moping around and continuing to watch the office and throw some hobo clothes on last minute. Debating contacting seller of my shoes to see if they'll be here on time for Christmas but don't want to seem impatient or whiny.
>>
File: 448118553_7bbda2bf9c.jpg (188 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
448118553_7bbda2bf9c.jpg
188 KB, 375x500
>>8774563
Not that anon but I feel the same way.
Wierdo =/= costume.
I'm down like a clown to look like a freak that's in fact the problem, that people would confuse my freakish look for a once in a while dress up game. I DONT wanna look like cosplayer, like someone pretending to be someone else/something they're not. I need it to be obvious that I am in fact someone with wierdo taste in fashion. idk it's hard to explain.
>>
It's not an unusual situation that I always go back to lolita when something is wrong. A lot of other girls do. Lolita really helps to go through a lot of problems.
I'm having serious issues with my best friend. I know he's solving some mental puzzles inside his head and I'm doing the same thing. He stopped answering to me almost two months ago. I don't know am I missing him or not, but it feels wrong. He had never done this before and I'm worried so much. I had done this to him so it's like a retribution, I guess. I'm sounding like an egocentric bitch and this is who I am.
It makes me sad sometimes that only cats and frills will never leave me. Mostly it feels fine, but not now. Now I'm feeling like I've lost someone too special to just get over this. At least I have lolita - the love of my life.
Sorry if it's an unappropriate feel.
>>
I have no interest in people. I don't care to have a social life. I dread social interaction I don't see the appeal. I always have more fun by myself, I love being alone sorrounded by the things I love with no one to say yay or nay on it. it makes me happy I can't explain it.

I belive I use lolita to drive a wedge between myself and others. I've worn alot of things in the past (goth, punk, other j fashions) but nothing does it like lolita. I like that people avoid me because I dress weird. No conversation goes past an explanation of my clothes (they tend to get away once they realize its my style and not a costume for some interesting event) and more importantly the amount of men who approach me is absolutely zero. I have no interest in dating, I very much hope to die with noone but a bunch of cats. But rejecting them leaves me feeling horrible I rather they wouldn't approach all together and nothing repels men from me the way lolita does (is it the shape if the dress?). I did hime-kaji for a while, it was so cute, girly and casual, but men approached me so I stopped. I really like larme but it'll probably result in the same thing.

I fear I might not be quite healthy.
>>
I'm sorry for the off topic cgl related but I'm so furious and I don't know if I'm wrong.

>My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years, we have a great relationship, next year we'll move together.
>Last night he told me that he decided to get his first tattoo.
>" Awesome! What you gonna get?! "
>" X stuff, so me and the boys have the same tattoo! "
> I get angry as fuck because he told me that he would NEVER get a tattoo with me because he thinks it's stupid to get tattoos with your partner. But he will get one with his friends.

I decided to shut the fuck up but man, that did make me angry.
>>
>>8774766
I agree with your boyfriend. I'd get a matching tattoo with my friends, but I'd never get one with my significant other. Friends stick with you and if you've been with them for a long time you're more than likely to continue to be friends for a long time. Significant others are totally different, if you break up you're stuck with a tattoo that you'll hate for the rest of your life unless you dish out the insane cost of laser removal. This is a stupid thing to be furious over, honestly.
>>
>>8774692
>It makes me sad sometimes that only cats and frills will never leave me.
I know this feel too well. Sorry you and your friend are going through terrible times, I hope things work out for the best for both of you.
>>
>>8774757
Momoko? Is that you?
>>
>>8774776
Its a feels thread you dumb fuck. Get out if you DONT wanna hear about other peoples lives.
>>
>>8774766
I agree with >>8774772, also matching tattoos for SOs are rarely BSG tier and often pretty tacky. I understand feeling jealous bc he's doing something with his friends and not you but you were right to shut up about it. Not everything he does is going to be about you - if it was, he would be a crazy clingy guy and you probably wouldn't be together.
>>
>>8774780
Oh no I'd hope not, that's quite insulting. Momoko is so awfully selfish!

>>8774776
Maybe I had too much back story and not enough bitching and whining? Let me try again:
>I like being alone and have no interest in dating.
>lolita repels people
>boo fucking hoo I can't wear other fashion interest as it doesn't repel people like lolita.
>waaa waaa I feel like a freak

Better? just about every other anon is adding too much back story to the feels, maybe I went over board on mine. My bad, writing is a hobby and I tend to get wordy
>>
>>8774841
>defending yourself against a troll

just ignore it, engaging it makes you look worse
>>
>>8774757
These are feels similar to the ones I had as a teenager. Then I realized I could not live totally on my own because if I was too alienated, I would be the first to get fired from a job, passed over for promotion, etc. Even without being hostile, simply being neutral made people suspicious of me in a way that negatively impacted my ability to support myself.

I wish I didn't have to sacrifice who I am to get by in the world.
>>
>>8774757
You sound like Momoko, maybe less selfish but reading this really made me think of Momoko.
>dying with no one but a bunch of cats
Hell yeah
>I love being alone surrounded by the things i love
Hell yeah x2

Except i'm scared of being truly alone and needs someone. i have that someone. We're partner in crime. I wear lolita, she wear well...more flashy and tacky and androgynous things but i'm fine. Once i got her to wear lolita it was funny. She was cute though.
We have feelings for each other but it's hidden because we are both selfish beings, i stole from my parents to have brand myself and don't really regret it, like i feel bad, but the brand truly makes me happy so i don't care that much in the end.
>>
>>8774849
Wierdly enough *I* remember thinking this way as a teenager lol
but I'm 27 now and realize that nobody is 100% themselves at work. Specially if you're talking about office work (which it looks like you are?) Just because I like being alone doesn't mean I'm rude, "neutral" or incompetent at my job. I've honestly never had this negatively impact me, what I do outside of work and whether or not I have a social life is a none issue. But then again I'm a pharmacist, and before that I was a maid. it might be different in other jobs I suppose?
>>
>>8774849
Dude just act normal. I'm an introvert too and I rather be alone and yeah I rather people wouldn't talk to me but when they do just act normal. don't be rude or crass and there's no reason a lack of social life should negatively impact your ability to support yourself. Not being an asshole at work is a "sacrifice" nearly everyone makes.
>>
>>8774866
>>8774878
For me, I would be polite and easygoing, just withdrawn. Being quiet and unusual drew suspicion and, on two different occasions, outright malice.

People misinterpret quietness for hiding something, and a lack of overt enthusiasm for being judgmental. I would get so many negative attributes projected onto me it drove me crazy.
>>
My best friend of 10 years kinda let me know she didn't want to be friends anymore. I'm devasted but what's really killing me is I'm slowly getting to the point where I have zero friends and only frilly dresses to keep me company. I have like two friends I see once in a while and I'm too scared to go to a comm meet right now because of stupid mental illnesses.

Sorry for being a whiny baby.
>>
>>8774778
You are so kind, thank you. Best wishes for you too.
>>
>>8774890
Same. Two people in my class are outright rude to me because I'm 'not normal'. I'm perfectly normal and friendly, I'm just a teetotaller and a bit awkward, so people think I'm some sort of weirdo and don't invite me to parties, and some people see it as an excuse to act bitchy.

I've never said a bad thing about anyone and I've always been friendly when talked to, but there's one cunt in particular who acts like I massacred his entire clan so he's out for blood.
>>
>>8774899
If you don't mind me asking, why did she suddenly not want to be friends? That's really odd if you guys were bffs for so long.
>>
File: 136950640886.jpg (22 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
136950640886.jpg
22 KB, 500x409
>Have this weird thing with caffeine, need to be careful with certain types of soda, coffee, etc.
>Family party, only non alcoholic drink is coke, not even water
>Drink Coke, know I will regret it in the morning but I'm thirsty
>Someone puts out this buffalo chicken dip thing. I eat it because its delicious, know I will also regret it in the morning.
>Spend entire morning pooping and thirsty

It's like I'm pushing sandpaper out of my asshole at this point.
>>
>>8774945
Honestly I'm still very surprised myself. She just out of the blue said she wasn't feeling it anymore and that she just didn't want to be friends.
>>
>>8774766
Relationships are fickle, friendships are much more long-lasting. If you break up, you wouldn't want to have a tattoo that constantly reminds you of your ex, but if you fall out of touch with your friends, having a tattoo that reminds you of your closest friends is not nearly as obnoxious.
>>
>>8774950
>only soda, no water
I hate it when people do this at parties, but it's better to drink tap water at that point.
>>
>>8774590

>squad

Profit: it's pretty obvious who you are (or might be). Just say group next time.
>>
>>8774772
>>8774791
>>8774961
I know that relationships are not the same as friends, but it made me feel worthless, and more because I had an idea for a tattoo that I'm sure he would like to have it done but now I feel like crap.
>>
Recently missing a friend. She just kinda stopped caring so I removed her from my friends. I know I shouldn't cause she's a very stuck up person who was gonna abandon me when her site's credentials weren't coming up when I tried to get the badge she got me. She just told me to get a sunday pass and that she didn't want to come down
I'd gotten the info via email thank goodness. But after it she just didn't care, I'd been nothing but supportive in her time of need. But when my group at the hotel left me in the red not paying their half. And I'd gotten dumped 3 days after she just wasn't responsive.
But I still miss her.
>>
>>8775224
This is a mess it looks like a bunch of half finished thoughts it makes so little sense wat?
>>
>>8775276
How does it not make sense? Anon says missing someone who was a stuck up dick to them. That left them hanging after a bad con, when they'd supported her after times in need.
Damn bro not everyone can process pain online well.
>>
>>8774053
>wearing an outlandish fashion that 99% of people would consider a costume because of how it looks is only a costume if you add on a wig
>wigs look PERFECT all the times

double lol
>>
>>8775218
You shouldn't feel that way. I've been with my husband for 8 years. We have a kid together. I still don't want to get a couple's tattoo with him. It's bad mojo. It's like telling everyone you're on the verge of breaking up. Like when people renew their vows at their first anniversary.
>>
File: 45765765863.jpg (207 KB, 495x445) Image search: [Google]
45765765863.jpg
207 KB, 495x445
>wow that's a beautiful sweater
>50% off and free shipping
>gonna jump on this righ-
>in select stores only

O-okay. I feel like this is happening way more often than it used to.
>>
>>8774682
Don't worry anon. I understand what you mean.

Does anyone here think Goth is a costume? I mean, sure, it's "weird" but normal people generally know those kinds of people choose to dress that way and it's their preferred "style/look". I don't think I've ever come across anyone who thought Goth was a costume. Not even super old people.

This train of thought could be applied to all types of already accepted styles like Rockabilly and Pin up. They are styles/fashion; generally not regarded as costumes.

I think the Lolita community just wants this same sort of recognition from the general public. Yes, we draw attention and always will. But we'd like for you to stop calling it a costume and just call it a weird fashion like all the rest.
>>
File: 1449195297378.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1449195297378.png
104 KB, 320x287
>>8773989
>>8774113
Man fuck incompetent therapists. Its sad how many people have such bad experiences with them. Like you could have sucked at any other job but you chose the one the deals with other people's mental health? Most don't want/get anxious of even of going to therapy then go there with the hope of help then these dip shits fuck it all up

>mfw met another person going into the psych field and her root method was religion
>in a science field
>found the disappointment in training
>>
>>8775447
when i was first shopping around for therapists my dad brought me someplace, idk what it was exactly, but i go in for my appointment and the counsellor was a fucking nun. i shit you not. full habit and everything.

really glad he understood when i said i didn't feel comfortable doing therapy there.
>>
>>8774757
I'm the same. I want to be alone, I like being alone. The only people I have any interest in interacting with are my family and that's only because I'm stuck with them.

I don't mind the shallow interactions lolita provides, I can small talk all day. But forming actual see them more than once relationships fuck no.

I've made peace with it, I will live alone bullshit my way through whatever interactions I'll be forced to have with workmates and hope I die before the rest of my family so at least someone will come to my funeral and be there to look after my pets.
>>
>>8774682
What is that dress???? I have a serious need now. It looks like IW but I've never seen that print before
>>
My comm has shown distaste in me behind my back due to what I like outside of lolita and normally this wouldn't bother me because I'm one of those that doesn't need a comm to be a lolita. Yet my comm is absolute shit, it was rock bottom, and it still isn't perfect. You'd think a comm that was previously surrounded by so much drama and is now very small would have a bit of decency not to chase newcomers away.

I don't mean this in an egotistical sense, but they need me. They need other members too to be a decent and active community to cover up their shit name of the past. Their comm is an embarrassment and they swear on no more drama, yet there they go... making it.
>>
Not CGL Related but need a good rant.

>Think I might have first stages of pink eye
>Work in Day care where 4 other kids were out with it, wouldn't be shocked
>HOWEVER I need to work this week or I wont be eligible for my holiday pay.
>I need this holiday pay.
>But if boss or co worker sees my eye, they will know and I will be sent home until its gone and I have a doctors note
>Understand why, but I need the money...
>Fuck fuck fuck!
WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE IT

Fak holidays.
>>
>>8774113
Different anon. I honestly dislike therapists, I had a pretty good one when I was a kid, and he was actually the school counselor surprisingly enough. Any therapist I've had when I got older sucked. They did nothing, I had to sit in a room for an hour and talk about stupid unrelated shit. I never got any feedback, no actual conversation trying to disect why I feel the way I do, and one therapist even made an insensitive comment that made me feel like shit for days. What the hell is even the point of that job when they don't do anything. I get more help from talking in depth with my friends or sitting down and combing through my childhood to find the route of my issues myself. Thanks for nothing, therapy.
>>
If my husband takes my good scissors and puts them in the kitchen junk drawer one more goddamn time I'm going to lose my mind. I paid a chunk of money for these fuckers you should not be cutting cracker packages open with them.
>>
>>8775744
That's fucking hilarious
I'm so sorry
>>
>>8775744
Have you like, told him not to use them?
>>
>>8775754
Yes. I told him they're only meant for fabric and anything else will fuck them up but I don't think he believes his dollar store scissors and fabric scissors are different in any way. Also my other non-fabric scissors, I just don't want him getting food on them and gunking them up. But he loses his and takes mine when they're on my desk. I should just start hiding all mine.
>>
>>8775760
Put yours away in a hard-to-reach or inconvenient place. Buy him a pack of scissors to use. If he continues to use your scissors, tell him he has to pay to get them resharpened, or pay to get a new pair. Maybe if he sees how expensive they really are, he'll stop?
>>
>>8775744
I feel this on a personal level. I had my good ones taken from my sewing desk by a friend. After I told her they are sewing only. She then used them on craft foam and complained she couldn't find any when I caught her. I easily pulled out a pair I set out for her in the first place. Just annoying.
>>
>>8775736
I had bad anxiety problems and my mother had me see a therapist for about 2 years. He kept trying to get me to analyse my dreams and spewed some bullshit about how I'll never mature emotionally if I don't get rid of my anxiety. Four years later and I'm fine, no thanks to him or my neurotic mother. Just moving away from her has done wonders for my blood pressure and nerves. Can't believe she paid him 30 quid per weekly session to lie to me. Wanker.
>>
>>8775760
tell him right now how much they cost and how he is about to be wasting a ton of money buying you more scissors
>>
>>8775744
>cracker packages
I kekked but understand your pain. Do you have some cheapy scissors you could leave in the kitchen for him to see? When my boyfriend uses something I'd rather he didn't I just make a lesser quality version more readily available.

He, as I'm sure your husband too, doesn't do it out of spite but of convenience.
>>
>>8775744
What kind of cracker packages can't just be torn open?
>>
>>8775711
Marie Antoinette OP by BTSSB
>>
>tfw fat
>tfw covered in stretchmarks
>tfw losing weight but going to have loose skin no matter what

I feel like I'm fighting a battle I already lost. My body is disgusting and I'll probably stay a virgin forever because I don't want anyone to look at it.
>>
>>8775920
yo anon, you're prob not going to believe this but people care less than you think.

the person I lost my virginity with had a lot of stretch marks, and imo they were cool. I'd never seen anything like it before, I liked tracing them and feeling the difference in texture. someone who loves you will either not give a fuck, or love them like any other part of you.

>excuse me while I go feel bad about ruining that relationship
>>
>>8773923
Just letting you know that I understood what you meant. It's funny how some people can get so confused.
>>
>>8775920
Honestly..nearly everyone gets stretch marks and most people have loose skin at some stage of their lives, the important thing is to find someone who's not shallow and stupid about them. My boyfriend is a skinny Asian and has stretchmarks on his non existent butt, like some girls get when they grow hips as teenagers...point being that both of those things will happen to most people at some stage, don't let them hold you back, and stay healthy.
>>
File: btssb.jpg (23 KB, 232x313) Image search: [Google]
btssb.jpg
23 KB, 232x313
>>8775711
I can recommend the JSK though, i think it's prettier than the Op :3
It's also available in red and pink i think.
i have it in read and it's super cute.
it's not too seldom so you can get it around 150-200 € :)
>>
I am finally making friends, I have even made a lolita friend! We want to twin together but I keep putting it off cause I am a fatty and she is really small so I will look really shit next to her.
>>
>>8775920
As an insecure lesbian seagull i just want to hug people like you and tell them their body can still be beautiful and how to someone's eyes they will be everything.
I'm really a fag. My girlfriend is on the rounder side with stretch marks and seriously i just love her body, it feels so reassuring for some reason? (not like lol she fat and not me, at all) So warm and nice, i just feel safe into her arms. And when she's down i try to cheer her up and tell her i'll help her lose weight and do it with her if she wants to.
I love her, but i also want her to feel ok in her own body.
>>
>refuse to self post or post anywhere but instagram
>secretly wish to be posted even if in ita thread for any chance of concrit
>only fatty Chan's get posted from comm
>too afraid of rejection or being ignored to ever post on COF
>>
>>8775you should post a picture if you want concrit. you could post on COF and request concrit, i never saw any lolita getting mean over that.
if you feel uncomfortable showing your face, why not censoring.
i mostly witnessed that lolitas are openminded and like to help anyone with the fashion.
so you shouldn't be afraid, just do it :)
>>
>>8774341
(I really do think it's only one or two vocal gulls who hate the wigs anon)

After all, most normal people aren't going to begrudge someone with bad natural hair who chooses a decent wig to balance their coord.
>>
>>8775952
It goes quite cheap at auction too, got a pink x black one for 6,000 yen the other month.

To the girl who has it in red, have you washed yours? It runs. I dotted out a tiny stain with water and the black bled into the white parts. Never had a dress that couldn't be washed before. What did you do?
>>
kind of feel that lolita is a big money drain and I will never be "done". I like looking cute but been aiming for cohesiveness in my wardrobe this year, spend over 4,500 already and there's still a mountain of things I feel I need to complete certain looks. It's also maddening to see things sold out in my desired colourway and I am being a stickler for having everything just so. Also I bought so many accessories, but a bit of everything so I am getting swamped with things that are missmatched or just slightly off by a few shades of a colour. Just ugh.
>>
>>8776028
I feel this.
>>
>>8775744
Not the same but something similar happened to me.
>Have a bunch of student and professional grade water colors and gouache.
>Keep them in a little tool box with stickers all over it on my desk.
>Brother brings nephews over. They rampage all over the house. Older nephew (5) sees my toolbox because it is blue (his favorite color) and has a few Ninja Turtle stickers.
>Takes it and wants to paint
>Brother lets him
>I come back from the store to see tubes of $15 paint emptied and smeared on shitty paper and the table. Nephew is complaining that the paint doesn't work right
>I drop my bags and just stand there in shock.
>Tell my brother how much that paint costs per tube and he turns white.

I made him replace what was about $75 worth of paint and now have to hide my painting kit under my bed when I'm not using it. I told him I had shitty acrylics in the basement they could have used and next time my nephews came over they threw a fit becaus they "wanted to use the blue box of paints!" and didn't understand why they couldn't use the fun box with Ninja Turtle stickers instead of the boring box with bigger tubes. Little kids have the most annoying reasoning skills.
>>
>>8776068
Holy shit, did your brother not make it clear to those kids that they couldn't play with those paints because they were your special paints? Or that playing with them was an accident?

They sound like little brats, not just kids who are too young to understand boundaries if they're explained.
>>
>>8773751
I will never understand how people without job can afford this luxuries, heck I got unemployed for 3 months and I got a very tight budget so I won't starve to death
>>
>live in beautiful waterfront historical town
>tons of areas to take cosplay/jfashion photos everywhere
>doesn't know any cosplayers in town
>has only seen packs of teenage anime fans from afar
>closest to Jfashion was one girl in blue gradient wig downtown
>tfw lonely NEET with no one to hang out with

At this point I'd even meet up with teen weeaboos to hang out and dress up with but being way past graduation age and having all my friends in other towns over a hour away makes me feel so isolated and lonely on top of the fact that my next convention isn't for 5+ months because I'm not comfortable enough to room with strangers at conventions and solo a con unless I'm doing something like hosting panels or volunteering.

I guess the only upside to this is that all the pretty photo places in town are mine for the taking?
>>
File: 1365708873633.png (64 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
1365708873633.png
64 KB, 500x297
>See a nice moitie blouse and cardigan on y!auctions
>only one bid
>read description
>"No proxy bidders pls!"
>"only 100% japanese speakers!"
>mfw it sold for 11 motherfucking yen
>>
>>8776078
Depends what you did/ the situation.
I went to a trade school and lived at home for the duration of it. then lived at home for the next year while working full time. When I got laid off, I had no debt and a good chunk of savings.
It helps that cosplay is the only expensive thing in my life.
>>
>>8776081
iktf anon. all my cosplay friends, who are the only friends i'm really close with, live pretty far away. i only see them every couple months usually, and some of them i only see at cons.

i don't think there's anyone in my relatively small town who's into anime/cosplay but if there is it'd probably be a bunch of weeb high school kids who i wouldn't want to be around anyways.

i wonder if we live near each other because i'd totally hang out and do photoshoots with you haha
>>
>>8776096
Aw, another small town anon. I'm on the coast of North Carolina so we have a lot of good nature/nautical places for photos but yeah, I've been here a year and still haven't made any friends because there's so little to do and I'm much to old to go to highschool and meet others that way through an anime club or something.

I guess my best hope is to start wandering the shops/food places down town with my weeb clothes/itabag sometime and use it as an icebreaker to meet other fandom people.
>>
>>8776115
ah yeah i'm up in connecticut, aka suburb central. i've lived in this town my whole life, and all my high school friends have moved away. it's just so hard meeting people, ugh. but i'm going back to school next month, and my backpack is covered with weeb shit so i'm kind of praying i'll find at least one friend. it's so fuckin lonely just sitting around my house with my parents all the time.
>>
>>8776068
Good on you for making him replace it. I get he's your brother and all, but I never unstand how people just freely use other people's things without asking them first.
>>
>>8776122
Replace parents with one grandparent whom you're basically a live-in maid/cook for and that sounds about right. Everyone I know/speak to here is over age the 40 and I only get out to conventions about twice a year because I room with friends and one loyal room host who's not going to Katsucon in February so I don't really have any local convention options for spring.
>>
>>8775934
>>8775945
>>8775969

Thanks gulls, that makes me feel a bit better.

As for a bit more happy body feels, I've been put in contact with a dietitian and it's been a month or so, and I already lost some weight! Honestly, for someone who has self-control issues, knowing there's someone tracking your progress and willing to tell you to that you're doing things wrong really helps.
>>
>>8776130
yeah i only get to (semi-)large cons twice a year too, more because most of them are too far and/or expensive for me. i'm really glad katsu is coming up so soon because i'm kind of dying, the only other con i go to regularly is connecticon, which is in july. it's been so longgg.

but after that i don't think i have any until ctcon rolls around again. it's a vicious cycle.

but yeah, the only people i talk to around here are almost all children and moms, because i work office stuff at a dance studio. the like three friends i do have who live nearby are fun but we don't have a ton of common interests re: anime and cosplay, so whenever we hang out we usually just end up getting super wasted.
>>
>>8776147
Enjoy Katsu for me, anon!
>>
>>8776158
i'll try my best!!
>>
>>8775984
>I really do think it's only one or two vocal gulls who hate the wigs anon
Right now it is, yeah, but they seem to be swaying opinions of others. And some are even saying that it's always been this way even though I can look at old street snaps and know the truth.

I guess I'll never fully understand why westerners want to deviate from what the original fashion is.
>>
File: tumblr_nz97qsuB1u1t2sbvdo1_540.jpg (40 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz97qsuB1u1t2sbvdo1_540.jpg
40 KB, 300x306
>tfw going all out at cons with makeup and a cute wig but you look like shit normally outside of these events
>con friends on social media can notice

My confidence is just shit really. Most people I've been hanging around look really good in and out of their cosplay and lolita outfits. I feel like even at cons, I barely pass.
>>
The feels when decently active but work involves me writing at a desk for hours on end. And Cellulite had to go on my ass and upper thighs. FML
>>
>>8776085
Jesus... That really sucks. And those people probably have SS flagged too, so using something like FJ or Japonica might not even work. Depressing.
>>
>>8775952
>>8775905
Thank you anons. This is making me feel some feels I haven't felt about a dress in awhile. I was getting so bored of lolita, nothing has that amazing romantic aesthetic anymore I used to love
>>
File: BtSSB-Marie-Stain.jpg (254 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
BtSSB-Marie-Stain.jpg
254 KB, 1000x750
>>8776023
I have the JSK in black & pink as well, it goes for pretty cheap second-hand but it's one of my favorite dresses!

Mine did run the first time I got caught in the rain while wearing it (pics related, the stains as they originally appeared). I wound up soaking it overnight in cold water with a tablespoon of detergent, which lifted out a lot of the excess black dye. Did that about 3 times (soaking in a full tub of water, not letting it dry in between soaking) and finally managed to get rid of all the extra dye and remove the stains. Apparently some of the earliest BtSSB print fabrics were properly pre-treated before being sewn up, and that's what causes the problem? Anyway, I'd recommend that approach if you have any problems - it's scary at first to see your brand floating in a tub of grey water, but it will turn out okay in the end!
>>
File: 131331-iv.jpg (113 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
131331-iv.jpg
113 KB, 240x320
>>8776453
Yeah I feel you. I mostly stick to older pieces now days. We have a lot of romantic stuff now, but they always seem too fancy for me. I want romance but...wearable romance. I like the thicker fabric of older pieces, not so light and chiffony. Romantic but not necessarily fancy.
>>
>>8776068
I always regretted not getting into cosplay until I was 20 but now that I think back to how my mom forced me to let my much younger little sister "help" with everything I did (and fuck everything up really bad) it's probably a good thing.
Once I made a bunch of charms like the ones Oborocharms did and had to let her play too. Came back later to find all my clean painted charms that were previously safe in a box drenched in glaze and dried to the newspaper used to protect our table.
>>
>>8773989
I'm sad that this happened to you. I hope you are able to find someone who cares more for their patients. I also hope the next time you feel the urge for self-harm that you call someone first... your life is a beautiful, precious thing; you are a unique individual unlike any other and it makes me so sad when people are unable to see that for themselves.
>>
>>8776559
I'm so relieved my Cousin's animu phase isn't being dropped on me. I thought it'd be as my aunt would if she could.While ignoring my unwillingness.
When she tried to guilt my dad into making me make cousin a Naruto cosplay. He straight up told her "Fine, but I'll charge you cost right now 200$"
>>
>>8775744
As a man, the easiest way to fix this is to get him a multi tool. Just having one around will encourage use and cause him to use the knife in it unless something specifically needs scissors that can't be done with a knife.
>>
>>8776202
Oh don't worry anon me too. Even more so because when people see me in work clothes
>>
I'm trying really hard to do nice things for my friends and of course giving things, organising surprise events and writing letters has its own rewards.

Just once though I would like something back...
>>
File: plzzz.jpg (220 KB, 768x938) Image search: [Google]
plzzz.jpg
220 KB, 768x938
>>8776635
Have some elegant geese for all your services.

I know how you feel though. I do a lot for my family (primarily because my sister is a 25 year old child) and don't always get a thank you but I know they appreciate it.

Just remember what you're doing is good and hopefully your friends are good enough to return the favor some day.
>>
>>8776592
This is a good idea and I'm going to do this! I got him a big present for christmas so that's all he's getting as of now and another thing to unwrap would be nice.
>>
File: please burn.jpg (117 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
please burn.jpg
117 KB, 1100x619
>>8773674
>own Trump Doll OP
>search for worn photos
>all i get are creepy donald trump dolls and pictures of the jack-off instead

please end my suffering
>>
>>8776691
>*of the jack-off himself
>>
>>8773833
>>8773844
>>8773850
>>8773844
Most give their complaints to moot2 through /qa/. I put a thread up in case but I don't know if anyone gets answered anymore or how often. We can at least try
>>
>>8776691
I'm in tears anon hahahaha I'm so sorry but that's just hilarious
>>
>>8776691
I really wanted that in the jsk until I kept seeing shitty replicas and now it doesn't seem so cool
>>
>face always looks wonky and big in photos
>can't pose to save my life
>test some poses out in front of the mirror and think "yeah, I can do this pose", then goes to shit when someone else takes my photo
>forget how to pose, can't see myself to make sure I'm standing pretty okay like I do in the mirror
>derpy looking all around in the end

I just want to actually look decent in my lolita photos
>>
>>8777150
I guess there's no such thing as awkward women or women who don't want to have sex or shy women. I forgot all those women were a fever dream.
>>
>>8777150
so who'd she fuck instead of you?
>>
>>8777136
same here anon. I always end up looking like a turtle.
>>
>>>/qa/389037
>>
>>8777222
As if men are just popping out of your floorboards with offers of sex.

Also many women don't want to have sex with the first fugly random they see. It's called having self respect.
>>
>painting cabochons for jfash accessories
>they look awesome
>let them dry
>come back to glue them to bezels
>paint job now looks wonky as fuck
><
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 300x400
>>8777233
8/10, got me to reply
>>
>>8774988
Not the anon who you're replying to but ????
I call all the different groups I hag out with 'xyz' squad either out of habit or so they know for reference who I mean by that. So I don't think you can single one person out based on the lingo they use online?
>>
>be NEET
>have all the time in the world to dress up but no money for meetups or clothing (as well as shit self-esteem)

>get awesome job
>suddenly have all the money and confidence
>so tired from working 50+ hours a week I just want to spend my weekends laying on the couch in my pajamas

sigh
>>
>>8777250
Lol, keep telling yourself that. Life is hard for both sexes. Both have oppurtunities and disadvantages the other doesn't have. News flash, life is hard for everyone.

I know you're trolling, but some women remain virgins because they just don't want to have sex. With anyone. I know you're a "nice guy," but maybe if you try to see women as human beings with thoughts and feelings instead of manipulative, pretentious sex machines, one of them may actually date you. Gettin out of your moms basement and dusting the Dorito cheese off your sausage fingers might help, too.
>>
>>8774590
Dress nice but don't wear lolita, I don't think you can take the stares from normal people right now. But you need to get up, get dressed, shower and make your bed. Just keep doing these things every day even if after that you can't do anything else, it's the first steps.
>>
>>8774988
Bitch everyone says squad these days
>>
>>8776586
I once got an email from a family member who's daughter was going through a Naruto phase and they sent me a picture of Kisame and asked me how to go about making the costume. This baby weeb wanted to be Kisame for Halloween.
I told them to just buy the cloak from hot topic, paint her face blue, draw the gils with blue eyeliner or something and get a wig if possible.
Of course she looked horrible but also incredibly proud of herself so eh, at least she had fun trick or treating.
>>
>>8776559
I honestly don't understand why parents insist you HAVE to let little kids "help" with everything. Like, especially when you're obviously attempting to make something quality. They should teach them to respect boundaries and not touch other people's shit and give them their own project to work on. I don't care if it hurts their feelings it's such lazy parenting; very backhanded "oh anon why don't you let them do that with you and watch them for me ;) "

My parents wanted me to let my younger siblings "help" me with my homecoming posters, back when I was in highschool. I was in charge of poster committee for my year and I just locked myself in a room with all of my supplies and didn't let anyone in. I had to deal with tiny children screaming crying and banging on the door about how "they wanted to to help too!" with my parents yelling at me for being mean to my siblings. Sorry, but you're not fucking up these posters, best posters win more points in spirit week and I am competative af.
>>
>order lolita desu lucky pack
>state measurements etc
>receive lucky pack
>got a Maxicimam Lovely (plussize sub-brand) bolero in it with a bust of 104cm, while mine is just 78cm

they guaranteed the items would fit, so I've contacted them on what to do now.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 316x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 316x300
>painstakingly acquired dream dress a few months ago
>got it cheap so I spent the remainder on a preorder for another dress.
>dream dress arrives and I'm 2cm to big in the boobies so to the gym I go
>preordered dress arrives yesterday and it's fucking gorge. Like... Pictures will never do it justice.
>dream dress fits now but preorder dress makes me feel complete.

It's the only OP I own but I truly feel like a magical princess in it.
Mfw the preorder OP was my dream dress all along~
>>
>>8774766
Both are stupid. Friendships come and go as much as relationships.
>>
>do cosplay group
>attend series meet
>unknown photographer asks for photos, sure, why not
>they surface online
>absolutely horrific, terrible lighting, bad editing, everyone looks either 50 pounds heavier or 50 years older
>except one of us, bizarrely
>I look both fat and old, gr8
>done this for every cosplayer in the album
>find relief in that the tog isn't even a cosplay photographer, photos not on facebook, no-one will see them ever
>fucking friend posts them on her popular facebook page
>talking with other friends in the group, they hate it too
>"could you take that photo down please? a couple of us are self-conscious about how we look in it"
>"but it's such a nice photo!!! :("
>doesn't take it down
We've got nice photos coming from a good tog in a week or so. Why keep up this hideous one?
>>
>selling a bunch of new/unopened makeup on local Facebook buy/sell group
>get a lot of interest
>have 5 sales pending
>only 1 has actually gone through
>messege everyone if they're still interested
>"Yes"
>"Great! When and where do you want to meet?"
>silence

There's other people interested in some items but these girls keep claiming they're interested so I keep holding out for them. I wanted to sell local so I could avoid shipping and listing fees but it looks like online be my best bet.

I can only imagine what it's like to have someone flake out on a $200 dress.
>>
>>8777536
I know this feel too well, ugh. Try messaging them again like "I'd like a response, please," maybe even tell them that it's okay if they changed their mind as long as they actually tell you what's going on (some people need to be told this, apparently). If they still don't budge, move on and look for other buyers.
>>
>>8777536
Give them an ultimatum. If they don't arrange a place and time to meet within 72 hours, relist. If they arrange one and then flake on it, relist. They're not entitled to your things just because they want them, if they're not paying customers it doesn't mean squat.
>>
>>8777547
>>8777564
One girl said I could move on to the next person but I told her I'd wait because she's interested in something no one else is. The others just do not reply. I'll message everyone and give them a final chance. Seems kind of silly to make a fuss over makeup but they're the ones that contacted me first.

>They're not entitled to your things just because they want them
One girl asked me if I could lower the price of a mascara and I asked her to meet in the middle. By the time she replied I had a confirmed sale and when I told her she said, "Omg pls I asked first!!!" I felt bad but of course I was going to sell to someone taking it for full price and with a confirmed time while she just asked about the price.
>>
File: 1392619727677.jpg (24 KB, 364x480) Image search: [Google]
1392619727677.jpg
24 KB, 364x480
>discussing SAT prep schools with my asian friend
>talking about how how different things are where they live since it's a primarily asian area and has cram schools and stuff
> tell friend their schools and schools in general should focus more on things like basic writing skills instead of just standardized test taking
>friend gets mad at me because "you're not as good as an essay writer as most of these kids how dare you accuse all asians of writing fobby"
>remind friend how they got an almost perfect score on the SAT yet failed the basic writing exam at our college, along with mostly exchange students and asian students from their area. They were all forced to take a remdial writing course first semester
>tell them I wasn't even talking about kids writing like a fob, but how writing as a skill in general is severely lacking with kids coming out of high school anymore.
>This will effect a lot of essay writing in college, applying to colege, cover letters, etc. And will especially be harder for kids from low income areas

Jesus christ why do people always make everything you say a slight against minorities or whatever. I was stating a fact, not attacking all asian students. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>8777720
But anon, don't you know writing and grammar are ~*~ liberal language arts ~*~ and are therefore impractical and useless on every level?
>>
>>8777720
because Asian Americans are SJWs.
>>
>tfw you'll never have a bestie to shop and visit cute cafes with
>tfw you had one but you got into a scuffle over some silly he said she said stuff so now you're closed off and emotionally constipated and can't open up to people easily
>tfw guy friends just want to smoke weed and gamble
>tfw classmates just want to drink and party
>tfw ronery and sheltered
>>
>>8776453
Anon, I found you the dress for 5000 yen, hope you see this
http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q97067738
>>
>>8777263
>>8777169
I feel as if there's anything important distinction between a willing and unwilling virgin. Someone who just doesn't want to have sex is different from someone who wants to but cant.
And honestly a girl ever complaining that she can't lose her virginity, like the fat girl that sparked this debacle, is just silly. There's no "can't" as long as you're a girl, only being more picky than you deserve. I mean she called herself disgusting, maybe accept only equally disgusting guys are in your league.
>>
File: melancholy.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
melancholy.gif
2 MB, 480x270
I've been cosplaying for almost 5 years, but no one in my family knew about it because I live on the other side of the country and I suppress my power levels. But I'm visiting my family for Christmas and got in a dumb little fight with my sister about Mod Podge, and my mom asked "How do you know so much about Mod Podge?" and I blurted out "Because I dress up like cartoon characters four times a year."

I thought she or my sister would tease me, but my mom was really impressed when I showed her some of the pictures I had on my phone. Now she thinks I'm a great seamstress ("I don't know why you buy clothes when you can just make them" -- mom, my construction is terrible and no one sews their own jeans) and wants me to email her full res version of my stuff and explain who these characters are.

I'm not ready to make this leap.
>>
>>8777912
Eh just indulge your mom. She's excited for you and your skills. My mom was excited about every shit cosplay I made as a teen. (She helped me make my first one.) I know we love to be super critical here, but having support from your mom is pretty cute and it helps remind you that this is a fun hobby.
>>
>>8777926

I agree with >>8777912.

Even know, after years of cosplaying, my mom insists on taking pictures to show her friends. She loves when I get stuff on the mail and insists on opening packages with me, trying on my wigs, etc.

To bad every character to her is either "Sakura" or "Sailor Moon". And every school uniform is "Donald Duck's clothes". She tries, tho.
>>
File: 1442331114453.png (631 KB, 1095x952) Image search: [Google]
1442331114453.png
631 KB, 1095x952
>be me, lolita
>have sneakerhead brother
>"why do you never wear them?"
>"it's not like your dumb dresses.. shoes get damaged much faster"
>I buy a pair of jordan 5s
>wear them and drag my feet
>time goes by. still wear shoes
>sell dress and buyer pays almost immediately
>didn't even notice it was him
>until...
>he's prancing around in my dress, stretching the seams
>"it's mine now I paid for it!"
>yelling everywhere

I'm so bitter about it but I 100% deserved it.
>>
>>8777912
Just enjoy it, anon. I've been cosplaying since I was a teenager and my entire family knows. My mother always wants to take photos and asks me to come by her work in costume before we leave for conventions to show her work friends. She's a photographer so I keep trying to get her to make the leap to going to a convention for a day and do paid photoshoots for cosplayers but I think she's iffy because she only does nature photography right now.
>>
>>8774899
>best friend leaves
>zero other friends
Sounds like a you problem. Do you have a habit of making every conversation about you? Did you shoot down all the more extroverted plans she tried to make and just hung out at home? Did you constantly complain about being depressed/broke/whatever while not doing anything to ever correct it? Or maybe you accused her of abandoning you when she made plans without you and didn't always have time to set aside especially for you? Those seem like the things that make lolita and cosplayers break off friendships the most. Work on going outside more, interacting not just with fellow lolita but even strangers at the post office and grocery store. Social skills are learned and very much perishable.
>>8774988
>Profit
I think you mean protip. Also everyone on my facebook group says squad, I don't think I know anyone in their twenties who doesn't. You're an idiot.
>>
>>8777938
jfc I can't stop laughing. At least you got the money from it though.
>>
>>8777941
>Did you constantly complain about being depressed/broke/whatever

>mfw I have friend like this
>friend is only local friend I have
>been friends for about 10 years
>love her too much to quit
>>
>>8777941
seriously, just go on instagram. everyone and their mother is posting 'squad goals' these days, it's hardly a new thing.
>>
>>8777947
There's a brokeback mountain joke in there somewhere
>>
Dear /cgl/, today i discovered i am the fat friend.
>every other friend is smaller/taller than me or my height and around 108lbs or less
>i'm 5"4 and fucking 119lbs
I'm the fattest in the group, they say my body is pretty,well proportionate,cute,...but it's all bullshit,it's not skinny enough, they say my legs are nice probably just to makes me feel better about not having skinny legs.
And fucking christmas and shit is coming, i better not fucking eat anything or my fat ass will get even bigger. I want to be fucking skinny. I just want to yell when someone tells me "hurr u r normal weight". No, "normal" is not skinny enough. It'll never be. I'm a fat ass. I'm the fattest of the group. I'm the fat friend.
>>
>>8777956
embrace the fat. be the fat (guess you're covered there lol). channel your inner butter goddess.
>>
>>8777956
Anon you might need help. 119 at 5'4" is not fat.
>>
>>8777956
This smells like a troll, if not; go get help.
>>
>>8777956
anon what the fuck, I'm 56kg/123lbs at 5'3" and if I lost any weight I would completely lose any body shape I have.

I don't want to say this at all, but I think you need to get help because that is really an abnormal view of your body.
>>
>>8777956
Post pics
>>
>>8777965
It really isn't. I'm 56kg at 174cm and I look average. So they aren't fat but definitely on the softer side.

>>8777956
You should start working out instead of starving yourself. Skinnnyfat is worse than fatfat.
>>
>>8777956
Sounds like you've been spending far too much time on lolcow, friend.
>>
>>8777120
There are so, so many awful replicas of Trump Doll. I hate it a lot, but the design is simple and cute enough for replica companies to try their hand at.
>>
>>8777743
I would also like this... someone to check out tea houses or small restaurants in frills. But then I also want to go shooting and metal concerts...
>>
File: BMI-female.jpg (31 KB, 580x258) Image search: [Google]
BMI-female.jpg
31 KB, 580x258
idk guys, my body is shaped like the one on the image by chance, it would be right between lower normal and middle normal.
A-At least i'm proportionate right?
But thank you, and yes maybe i'm too much on lolcow.
>>
>>8777974
yes, it's a completely healthy BMI. if I started to try and burn fat I would most likely lose my tits and butt. guess I'm the fucking exception then but I fit perfectly in unshirred brand and if I do, OP definitely should.

I agree that working out is a better alternative but it can still lead to enormous mental issues and dysphoria so really, OP really should look into getting help. no one (assuming normal height) should feel like they're fat until they start breaking 80kg or so, and even then there are much healthier ways of looking at and dealing with it
>>
>>8777992
I'm kinda between middle and highest normal and get a fuckton of compliments on my shape, you're just fine anon
>>
>>8777956
>>8777963
>>8777965
>>8777974
>Everyone forgetting that bone structure dictates whether someone looks fat or not
I'm 5'4" and 125 lbs. I don't look fat at all and all my friends gush over being jealous of my body. I have large boobs and muscular thighs. Height to weight ratio doesn't tell you shit about whether someone looks gross or is healthy or not.
>>8777992
You're on lolcow too much for sure. But if it would make you feel better, start snacking on veggies instead of carb-heavy snack foods and go for a jog now and then.
>>8777938
This is fucking hilarious, here is what you do: take pictures of him prancing around in the dress. Post them online. That way you still win.
>>
>>8777938
THAT YANDERE MISAKO IMAGE
I remember it from my Hunger Games thread where she killed everyone and won twice.
Man i'm gonna make one again it was so much fun
>>
>>8777992
>anorexia
when will people realise that anorexia is a mental disorder and people who are dangerously underweight don't all necessarily have anorexia. it could be anything from cancer to involuntary starvation, low body weight doesn't make a person anorexic.

it's right up there with 'lol i'm so ADD' and 'irregardless' as the most fucktarded thing people say.
>>
>>8777992
Man what a cow
>>
my cosfriends are getting super excited for christmas. Great for them if they enjoy it but they are giving me shit for not enjoying it. My family are particularly shit emotionally abusive and manipulative. I never enjoyed a Christmas. You know how kids are told not to brag about Christmas at school because some kids have it rough at Christmas, yeah I'm the kid who had it rough.
I'm not saying oh pity me but if you could stop treating me like shit and insulting me because I don't like christmas that would be nice.

I said to a few of them that I'll probably spend the day in my room crafting and they just called me family hating and ungrateful and going on about how I let costuming suck the joy of of things.

Christmas is really shit for some people and I'm just getting a bit sick of being made to feel like shit about how I know I'm going to be made to feel like shit all Christmas day by my family.

In other news I think by the time the decorations come down I'll have a new costume ready. And then I'll steal the LED's and plastic baubles you fill yourself for cosplay use.
>>
>>8778038
Sorry to hear your friends are being jerks about the holiday stuff. Holidays can be rough for a lot of people and it's a shame that your pals aren't more supportive & understanding.

Do what you need to in order to take care of yourself. If that's skipping family stuff, then so be it. If it really bothers you that your friends are giving you crap, you could always volunteer at a soup kitchen or something instead - I'm sure places like that could use more people willing to "give up" their Christmas eve/day and it's pretty much impossible to criticize you for opting to help other people at this time of year.
>>
after getting a new job a while back I have had more funds to get into and buy more lolita. Its been really exciting and fulfilling since its something I've always wanted to do. But lately the more I get into and talk about it the more my boyfriend has started making fun of me and calling me a weeaboo. I don't expect him to get into it with me or anything as its my hobby but I really wish he would respect my interests.
>>
>>8778005
>tfw working on one for ages
>lose all the work in progress

fuck man it was going to be so good
>>
>>8778169
1. Share feels with bf
2. If behavior persists, drop him for not being able to support your interests/lack of emotional support. You are allowed to be happy.
3. ???
4. Profit?
>>
Hey guys, I've got some shit that went down... my only local lolita and friend for years hates me now. I kicked out her shit boyfriend who was like literally /b/, I was sick of him leeching and making things generally awful. Things got heated and I kicked him out, threatened police because this guy gets violent and he wasn't on my lease. He tells her a fucked up version and so now hates me. My issue is now I bought her a really nice gift, most expensive one I bought and money was tight this year, her boyfriend not paying his bills was a big cause. She knows I have it, but should I still give it to her?
I hate that she doesn't see how awful he is and how he was before. This guy lies about everything, even things so easy to call him out on. I cut that violent drunkard from my household, but lost a very dear friend. Once she hates someone, it is for life. I know she wouldn't appreciate the gift either due to that.
Tldr: I kick out friend's awful leech boyfriend, she now hates me, should I give her the nice gift I got her?
>>
>>8778854
Sell the gift and keep the money
>>
>>8778854
definitely don't give it to her. if she refuses to listen to your side of the story, she doesn't deserve that shit in any way and she'll probably just get rid of it in some way.

either keep it or sell it (or gift to someone else close to you if it's a normie thing)
>>
>>8778875
It's a bjd
>>
>>8778885
Don't give a present to someone who hates you. It's not going to fix your friendship
>>
>>8778854
Right now, the only thing you can do is wait a bit, let her cool down, then talk it over. In a day or two, e-mail her saying how much you value your friendship, how much she means to you, and that you don't want to lose her. Ask to arrange a date in a few more days to talk this over and see if you can come to an agreement. Don't give her the present unless you can smooth it over, if you do, then great. If not, then either keep it or sell it.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (52 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
52 KB, 419x480
>>8777938
>>
>>8778854
Sell the gift and keep the money. If she didn't bother to listen to your side of the story then she is a shit friend. Giving someone a gift after a fight like that won't make them your friend again.
>>
File: takulu3.jpg (75 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
takulu3.jpg
75 KB, 480x640
I only have one friend aside from my boyfriend. She hates lolita. She won't even walk beside me when I wear it, and will often mysteriously run off somewhere because she has "something to do" if I show up and am wearing it. She is quick to remind me when people are staring at me or laughing at me because of my clothes, and sometimes asks if I regret getting rid of some of my old clothes to buy frills. She said at one point that wearing lolita in public was no different from wearing cosplay in public.

I wish I could make some frilly friends. I'm a member of the local community, but I am a senior in high school (18) and I work on average 25-30 hours a week at my afterschool job, so there's little opportunity for me to go, and meetups are usually few and far between. I'll be moving to Chicago for college come summer, so I keep telling myself that it'll be a fresh start, and I can make lots of new friends, but I don't know if it will even happen because I'm so awkward and shy, even when I try really hard not to be. Which is probably a big part of why I only have one close friend.

Maybe I should stop being so whiny and put a post on tumblr saying I'm looking for friends or something, but I feel like that's so awkward in itself. Maybe I'll try to find a community in Chicago to contact and see if I can get involved on their facebook page prior to moving or something. I know I have to put myself out there to make friends, but I guess I don't know how or where to start quite yet.
>>
I'm dead set on going back to Japan this May with my sister for our graduations (her's from undergrad, mine from my masters program) but that means I need to NOT buy too much more lolita these next few months so I can save up. But I also just finished putting together a coord, and through the whole time I was buy all the items for it it together I wanted to buy a new dress but wouldn't let myself. so now that I'm done I really want to get another dress but ugh I really shouldn't...

also I should probably not be doing either of these things and should instead be saving money to pay off my loans..
>>
>>8778952
Honestly, she doesn't sound like a very good friend, and I don't think you should hang around people who treat you like shit. Reaching out to meet new people and make new friends sounds like a good idea.
With that said, please keep in mind the whole "time, situation, location" thing when dressing. Not every situation is lolita appropriate, and if you're wearing it every day, or at least during all of your free time (which is how it sounded to me), you probably aren't as aware of that as you should be.

I need to make a few frilly friends myself.
>>
>>8778952
Anon no friends are better than bad friends. You don't need or deserve that kind of negativity in your life.
>>
>>8776078
>>8776087
I have no debt right now so I'm really lucky. I'm not going to go buy a Persian kitty from Japan. I'm trying to find some happiness in my solace.

Some people have moments when they want to take a pause in their life. This happened to an Admin who after 10 years wondered what their website would do the next 10 years out. Having been in an ivory tower for about 7-8 years, I wonder what I'm going to do in the future. It's not an easy question to solve.
>>
>>8778952
Screw her, she's not your friend. It might be tough to be alone, but someone who constantly makes you feel bad about something you love and isn't hurting anyone is clearly not someone who cares about you.

That said, if you haven't brought up with her that it hurts you, you should do so.

As for making new friends, I've had good experiences talking to people on instagram. Tumblr might also be ok now that they have the chat feature. I haven't made any close friends or anything, but it's already nice to have someone to have casual chats with every now and then who gets it.
>>
I'm going to spend Christmas Eve with my parents. Not even with my sisters,just with my terrible parents. I think I'll just order some food and spend the day in front of my computer like a dumbass. I haven't even got my presents yet since I ordered them on amazon right when other people started buying presents. I'm an idiot.

Well at least I should spend the last night of 2015 with friends, so the break before exams isn't so bad.
>>
>>8779381
I'm spending both christmas eve/day and new year's with my parents because I was planning a trip to friends but the person I was going to stay with turned their back on me
we're not even going to my aunt and uncle's gorgeous cottage in the woods cause the weather sucks and my cool cousin won't be there
>>
>>8779405
Oh shit, that sucks, I would have been so mad. Let's be lonely together anon.
>>
>>8779416
sure anon, I'll make hot chocolate/tea for us and we can complain about the holiday season
the only cool gift I'll most likely be getting is the OP I bought myself and that's probably not here until january

related
>see cute as fuck OP in bst thread
>name a price, I message the seller and she's ok with my shitty low offer
>after I mention I'm a newfag she says she's sending an extra gift with it
>is ok with marking parcel as a gift to avoid customs hell
>point out that it's actually kinda accurate since my birthday is then
>she says she would've added in a birthday card if she hadn't packed it yet
>literally 2 days from when I first message her to when it's shipped
>she even handholds me through using LM because I really wanted to leave her good feedback on there
I thanked her like 5 times but I still feel like she's the best seller I could've had for my first buy, she's been so fucking sweet and chill about everything
>>
>loads of uni work
>do nothing
>waste hours on the internet doing nothing useful
>not even procrastinating with hobbies
>find it hard to actually partake in hobbies outside of Lolita
>no idea why

I feel like I'm in a weird guilt-induced slump. I don't want to indulge in hobbies because I'll feel like it's time I could spend on work, but then I don't do work either.
But even over the summer, when I had a very loose work schedule, I didn't do any of the things I wanted to do, read none of the books I wanted to read, none of the drawing I wanted to do. It's almost like I'm procrastinating doing things I like?
>>
Woke up sick as hell last night and was puking and everything else out of nowhere. Now I have a massive headache and no energy and all I can think is "This is what I get for talking shit on cgl"

Karma is a bitch.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.