[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Size Check Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: SIZECHECK.png (8 KB, 400x231) Image search: [Google]
SIZECHECK.png
8 KB, 400x231
Are the official measurements of something you are looking to buy ambiguous? Wondering if that non-shirred OP will look flattering or fit well? Curious a particular clothing run you are interested in is true to advertised size?

Request detailed sizing info on pieces and there might be an anon who owns it that can fill you in.

Please don't derail with things like:
- ewww fat
- how do I lose weight?
- is this a good binder?
- "Skinny lolitas don't have problems with fit"
etc.. Things of that ilk.

Try to be as informative as possible and help other gulls out.
>>
File: TwinkleOrnamentJSK-wine_0.jpg (99 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
TwinkleOrnamentJSK-wine_0.jpg
99 KB, 250x333
I will start this off. Looking for info on AP's Twinkle Ornament JSK. The first time I saw it I really liked it but the sizing on lolibrary left a bit to be desired so decided not to risk it. However it has been popping up on Closet Child a bit recently and I'm starting to want it more. I can see from the pics that it has shirring and lacing but the lolibrary measurement just says "about 89". Can any anon measure it to find out the max bust and waist? I would appreciate it greatly. And maybe the Min as well with the lacing tied all the way closed in the spirit of filling in the blanks for small anons?
>>
Haenulis sizes are huge, I got a Medium like I always do, and thought it'd be too small but nope. Huge, even though I looked at the sizing charts and everything
>>
Fancy Box Shoulder Frill JSK is listed as 92 cm bust, but really goes up to at least 97 pretty comfortably. If one were to max out the shirring I'd guess it's closer to 100 cm.
>>
>>8775057
Have you bought more than one release from them? I would be interested to know if this was a thing in all their garments.
>>
>>8775084
Do you know how small it goes?
>>
Arm width on cameo window OP. Both around the bicep and where the ribbon is near the elbow. Thank you :)
>>
>>8775094
I'd say 88 cm fully laced. It might be able to go a little smaller because the lacing is through some actual loops and not through the lace itself so it can be pulled pretty tightly, but probably not much more than that because the shirring panel is quite large.
>>
>>8775092
I have. I will say that their measurements are accurate.
I own Angel of Music and Moon Jelly. I was dumb and bought my normal size (US L/XL 'cause boobs) and I was distrustful of the measurements and I swim in the thing. I have to lace the corset back all the way together and its still big around the arm pit area.
I would love to find someone to trade for a smaller size of this one because I really love the dress.
With Moon Jelly I took their measurements more seriously and bought a medium and it fits nicely and *still* has tons of room to spare.

I can make a comparison collage if you like.
>>
>>8775026
Flat measurement is 42cm across, so 84cm bust. Shirring stretches by another 8cm, maybe 10cm at its very absolute limit.
Flat waist is 34cm across/68cm, and the shirring stretches 8cm there as well.

For minimums, I reckon 76cm bust and 60cm waist would be as small as you could go without awkward bunching/pulling at the back, and it would depend on your ribcage/cup size/shoulder width as well
>>
>>8775533
Thanks a bunch anon
>>
I have a few full back shirring dresses that don't have complete measurements listed if anons are interested. My measurements will be garment size not body size so keep that in mind.

>Happy Garden OP- Listed as “about 85cm” My measure: Max bust 104cm to get it on and off easily, Maybe up to 107 if you want to struggle into it.
>Little bears cafe highwaist JSK- Listed as “about 92cm”. My measure: max bust 107cm.
>Secret present JSK- Listed as “about 87cm”. My measure: max bust 108cm

I also own the following JSKs that have a really large size allowance in the back shirring, but I thought it was worth mentioning that the cut will start to look very 'iffy' once you approach about 106cm in the bust. That's not to discourage lolitas are over 106cm from buying them, just that you might want to consider looking around for a nice matching cardi to disguise a ill-fitting bodice.

>Halloween Alice JSK (2013)- Listed meaurements: 85cm-120cm
>Drained cherry teired jsk- Listed measurements: 89cm- 119cm
>Kuma kumya-chans sweet chocolate babydoll jsk- listed measurements: 82cm-108cm:
>>
>>8775828
No problem. Bear in mind these are external measurements because I'm towards the smaller end of the sizing and can't accurately pad myself up to get a good estimate of the maximum, you may want to be under those measurements to be able to get the zipper done up and avoid boobloafing
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.