[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF Sales 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Screenshot (435).png (324 KB, 1020x376) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (435).png
324 KB, 1020x376
Last one is dead >>8687761

Post any WTF sales, sellers, or buyers. Whether it's outrageous prices, horrible products, or just demanding buyers.
>>
When it comes to leaving feedback, bad or good, do you ever check the feedback of those who have previously left your buyer/seller feedback?

>have amazing interaction with seller
>she rushes to PO after work to post my dress the same day I buy it
>great communication
>wrapped very carefully cause she was worried about wet weather
>notice she has bad feedback about how she was a rude seller
>check profile of person who left feedback and see they have a shit ton of feedback from sellers saying she was flaky/argued about the price after agreeing to buy/offered prices then refused to pay
>disregard all feedback she's given other people
>>
>>8722339
I don't do it often but when I see a situation like the one you mentioned I do check up on who posted that just to see what their reputation is. I mean, if someone has a bunch of positive reviews and then one or two bad ones that don't make any sense compared to the positive ones, I do see what the reviewer's feedback is to see if it's true or just a grudge.

Story somewhat related:

>selling delicate fandom necklace in original plastic packaging
>everything looked great, happy even though I sold it for just over $1 (noob seller back then)
>buyer leaves me neutral feedback
>"Chain broke as soon as I opened it! Nice necklace but I need a new chain!"
>chain looked in perfect condition
>was attached to the back of the packaging so it couldn't even get tangled in shipping
>assume she wants a refund, I'm not doing it
>just ignore the feedback
>never have another situation like that again

All I can assume is that she tried to rip the packaging apart like a heathen and broke the chain herself. I wish I had checked her feedback at the time to see if she had left other reviews like that for people, just to make sure she wasn't a scammer trying to get refunds.
>>
File: 1434496102731.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1434496102731.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
I sell wigs as a hobby and recently I've gotten some wtf moments from buyers.

>selling random Chinese brand short bob wig for $10
>"Hi! I'm interested in this. What brand is this, Arda or EpicCosplay?"

>sold another random Chinese brand wig for $10
>list defaults under the price like it's shiny and a bit thin
>get neutral review from buyer that borderlines on negative
>"I bought this for $10 and it's shinier than I thought and thin! I guess for $10 I should have expected it but still disappointed!"
>>
>>8722374
how do you sell wigs "as a hobby"?
like you just buy cheap wigs and sell them for higher prices?
>>
>>8722579
Bingo. I consider it a hobby since I don't make much money (usually $3-10 profit) and I only end up selling a few a month, usually under ten. I enjoy bidding on auctions so this lets me have that without turning into a hoarder.
>>
File: candy-crush-level-101-episode.jpg (130 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
candy-crush-level-101-episode.jpg
130 KB, 400x400
>>8722609
>>
File: Screenshot (438).png (69 KB, 1148x460) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (438).png
69 KB, 1148x460
>>8722648
Ain't me you're replying to buddy. Plus I don't know how you being a bad shopper is some how my fault? I pay around $5 for my wigs in auctions (I never bid above $6.50) and sell them for $10-15 and that's WITH shipping costs factored in which run from $3-6 depending on the wig weight.

I'm sorry my $5 profit made you relive some dark times? Try not to buy anything ever from a dealers room or Ebay or Facebook or Etsy or any other place online ever because I hate to tell you but everyone marks up prices for profit.
>>
>>8722651
>>8722648
>what is capitalism
>>
>>8722655
Don't worry anon, seagulls can be pathetically salty when it comes to pricing. Despite the bitching about poorfags you often see on this board, there is a lot of people who flip shit if you charge a few dollars more than what you paid something, even if you got it on a good deal. To them it's your obligation as a seller to charge whatever they want you to.
>>
File: 9pm52g.gif (1 MB, 396x227) Image search: [Google]
9pm52g.gif
1 MB, 396x227
>>8722679
Yeah, it's funny how that happens here but where I sell there's no issue at all? I bid on wigs so I never know what quality I'm going to get but out of twenty really good ones I usually get one or two duds that I sell off super cheap to people who either want to practice hair styles/trimming or to weeaboos who just don't care and want something they can afford with their allowance.

Plus it's not my fault when I clearly list out the defects on a wig (complete with pictures) and the buyer basically says "yeah I ignored all of that so I'm going to complain about my inability to read like it's your fault"

Oh well.
>>
Can we also post about scammers in this thread or no
>>
>>8722906
Yepp
>>
>>8722906
oh god, i'm having flashbacks to when i was 14 and bought a milanoo "lolita" dress
>>
>>8722689
Salty-chan is just salty. Fuck, if you're making money then by all means make money. Its not a scam which I think is what anon is trying to say it is. This is how EVERYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD WORKS. Go to the store to buy some Wonder Bread? Probably bought per bag $0.30 from the company. Sells for $4.85 in store. This is how marketing works and this is how profits work. Everything in the world is basically resell. Anon needs to sit their bitch ass down.

I mean, fuck. Arda probably gets their wigs for about $5.00 each and then hikes up the prices about 200%. That's how companies operate.
>>
>>8721563
I can't tell what that is even being made from
>>
>>8724518
Looks like some kind of dense foam to me.
>>
>>8723748
>Arda probably gets their wigs for about $5.00 each and then hikes up the prices about 200%

The difference is that Arda is the one who designs and pays for the manufacture of the product, checks for quality, puts in the up front costs etc. Resellers (people who literally buy a product then turn around and re-list it at a higher price) get a bad rap because they literally contribute nothing to the product and provide no benefit. It's someone making money for doing nothing and taking advantage of someone's ignorance.

I don't really care much about OP since ebay is a known crapshoot (unless they're not taking their own product photos in which case that's kind of shitty). But it really grinds my gears when I see cosplayers trying to pass themselves off as a legitimate business when all they're doing is reselling one specific company's product at way higher markup.
>>
>>8724593
>cosplayers trying to pass themselves off as a legitimate business
I have literally never seen that before. The closest thing I've seen to that is a cosplayer selling 20+ wigs on Facebook and that's personal sales.
>>
>>8722689
I don't see a problem with what you're doing, it's not like you're charging the earth. Last thread had synthetic wigs that someone bought for like 300 dollars or sth, at least you're not on that level.
>>
>>8724608
Clearly you have never heard of Circusdoll.
>>
>>8724593
If wig anon dosn't spend more than $6.50 a wig and marks the wig up $10 to resell state side (or where ever), than with shipping it's probably like $20, tops. From my perspective, that is contributing something, because they're providing cheap wigs domestically. They're not reselling wigs at a markup and drop shipping from China.

inb4 I'm the wig seller
>>
this sells it. i'm gonna start buying cheap shit on ebay from chinese sellers and then selling them for marked up prices.
>>
>>8724593
The anon literally said they sell wigs as a hobby, not as a business
>>
>>8725267
If you are gonna do this, try to buy wholesale.
>>
>>8725296
the anon guys cheap wigs from chinese sellers and resells them for higher prices than they bought them
i'm gonna buy cheap shit from chinese sellers and then resell them for a higher price than i bought them
it really doesn't matter what you call it. we're doing the exact same thing.
and if you make money from it, it's a business.
>>
>>8725302
>muh capitalisum
>>
>>8725257
Trying to avoid any more shit by not posting but wig anon here and actually you're over-estimating. If I buy a wig for $6.50 and sell it for $10 then that's WITH the shipping included. So yeah, tales of muh 'business' earnings have been greatly exaggerated.
>>
>>8725554
I was pointing out that you aren't charging any more than hitting the buy it now on a cheap Chinese wig is going to be and you're already in the possession of the product. I don't have a problem with what you're doing, I like bidding on cheap auctions too, for retail therapy.
>>
>>8725581
Sorry, I think I may have misread then. I just wanted to add the whole barely making a profit thing because some posters still seem to assume I'm a big business scalping people out of $$$
>>
>>8725267
probably higher profit margin to order wholesale from taobao or ali. hell, i'd buy from you, if you have decent prices on individual cute shit so I dont have to buy 50 units.
>>
Insane salty bitches, buy your wigs directly from China if you don't like it. Obama hasn't passed any laws penalizing you for not buying from hobbyist wig middle men. If some person can make two dollars because someone was too lazy, stupid, or short on time to deal with it then why begrudge them that.
>>
File: Untitled.png (630 KB, 875x682) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
630 KB, 875x682
why would she need to use one of mf's photos with her face cropped out instead of a stock picture?
>>
>>8728633
not this shit again
>>
>>8721563

Is it a sponge??
>>
>>8728639
I'm fairly new around here, what's the story behind this?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I run a product feature blog (feel free to link me to any places you like to shop at) and these people keep showing up in my searches for new stuff to feature. This is supposed to be a SHIELD mold but it's already crumbling in the product photo.
>>
File: happiest place on erathsh.png (831 KB, 1283x625) Image search: [Google]
happiest place on erathsh.png
831 KB, 1283x625
>>
>>8729165
Good god. What even IS that?
>>
>>8728652
Basically some people treat milky fawn like their personal aidoru and they get really weird about her. Infamously a girl was selling a dress as "originally milky fawn's!!" and got salty when people (including mf) said using that as a selling point was sorta creepy. In this case the girl should have just used the standard stock photo instead of using milky fawn's picture, it would have been better for a trade/wtb post.
>>
>>8729195
>using that as a selling point was sorta creepy
no different than selling any piece of clothing worn by any other minor celebrity or person of importance, imo
maybe it'd be a little different if it was her underwear or something, but it's not
>>
>>8729184
A magnet souvenir!
>>
>>8729165
This was a hell of a thing to wake up to.
>>
>>8729204
Defining someone as a minor celeb or person of importance because you like their coords and they made some videos with friends is kind of fucked anon, you have some sad standards there.
>>
>>8729277
I never said I did. I just don't find it weird that someone else does.
In any case, being able to say a particular figure or collector owned something can be a sign of the item's condition or quality.
>>
>>8729281
It's name dropping is what it is. And it's very very creepy.

Buy my marked up dress! It still smells like so and so~~~~~
>>
>>8729281
Just say it's in excellent condition? Shit dude people have gotten stuff from Choke and said it smelled like ass, someone looking good in photos doesn't mean their stuff is going to be in pristine condition, plus it means jack if there's been another owner after them.

You also never said anything about someone else, you just said that advertising something as MF's was the same as doing it for "any other minor celebrity" which would seem to imply that you do feel she's a minor celeb. Regardless of if it's your personal feelings or "someone else's" it's uncomfortable and unhealthy and that shit shouldn't be encouraged.

>>8729286
This.
>>
>>8729290
>Shit dude people have gotten stuff from Choke and said it smelled like ass

Tell me more anon, give us the details.
>>
>>8729290
Yeah, but Choke has shittons of vendettachans too, so that's unsurprising.
>in b4 choke whiteknight for stating the obvious
>>8729391
>exhibit A
>>
Why the fuck are people like this still allowed to sell on LM??
>http://www.lacemarket.us/author/mariecherie/
>5 neg
>>
>>8729496
Anon, i don't think that person was WKing Choke, i think they just wanted the scoop
>>
>>8728633
What Angelic Pretty print is that?

Also I'm guessing that the dress they're selling isn't in as good a condition as the dress in the pic so they're hoping to trick the buyer into buying a not so great dress.

I remember a couple of years back someone on eBay was selling an Arwen dress (it was one from the 3rd movie, think it might have been the dress from the scene where she gave up her immortality and Elrond says 'you gave up your life's grace, I cannot help you now')

Anyway, they didn't have a picture of the actual dress they were selling (it was a made to measure one they made for you), they had a promo pic of Liv Tyler wearing the actual movie dress.

I asked them to put up a pic of the dress they were selling, they replied that it was the same as the one in the picture.

LOL no, you won't be able to make a dress of that quality for $90
>>
>>8729925
Loyal Rosette
>>
>>8729637
I don't know why anyone with 3+ feedback does have some sort of profile flag. Buyer discretion I guess.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (71 KB, 458x583) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
71 KB, 458x583
>>
>>8730420
Fat girls that want to buy things for prices that would be ridiculous even for normal sized clothing are my pet peeve.
>>
>>8729496
>Yeah, but Choke has shittons of vendettachans too

I don't think so. Just people like myself that were pissed off that she was/is such a terrible seller. She replies straight away up until you pay when she no longer replies, then takes weeks to ship. I think if I hadn't messaged her she would have taken even longer. My item was damaged and I had to message her a few times before she replied, but I saw her posting on Facebook and Tumblr the whole time. I hate having to be confrontational but I had to be because she didn't care at all once she had the money. She also lied about a few things. Ugh.
>>
>>8730426
Eh to be fair these are pretty cheaply made and generally run around $30 on most costume sites. I'd say around $40-45 is a good enough price.
>>
>>8729637
>NEGATIVE NEGATIVE MarieCherie took 10 days before giving me a tracking number that doesn't exist, telling me that the dress was at the dry cleaners. I waited 3 weeks for the tracking to update or for the package to arrive, but it never did. I contacted Marie asking her to check on the package status, and she told me that the package was sent back to her for no apparent reason. I do not believe she ever shipped out the dress, as she never provided me with a valid proof of shipping when I asked for it multiple times. She offered a refund but then told me that she needed two additional weeks before she could refund me in full. We agreed on a date that was 44 days from the day I paid her. When that date passed and I received no refund nor email from her explaining why, I filed a paypal dispute which escalated to claim. A week after I filed the claim, Marie refunded me back for the dress. Communication was good, but there was no transparency through the whole transaction. I had no proof of shipping and no working tracking number, and felt like I just gave her a 45 day loan. She was cordial and sounded nice through her PMs, but failed to contact me when she failed to refund me on the date we both agreed until I escalated the claim. The whole ordeal lasted 50 days, way too long for any transaction to drag on.

Holy shit
>>
have you ever bought from someone that had really great buying feedback, but no selling feedback? I'm kind of scared, especially since I need the dress on a two-week deadline. it's also priced very low. sorry for being paranoia-chan
>>
>>8730420
Fuck you cunt I came here just to post that lmao. I can't even picture how big that waist is. Or why she would want her rolls popping out the front
>>
>>8730524
As long as they communicate well it's almost always worked out. Had one bad one who damaged the dress with her stupidity but I should have known better than to buy from a new international seller
>>
>>8729637
Even the positive feedback is sometimes bad... the wig that smelled like wet dog, barf. I'm very sensitive to smells and could not have handled that
>>
>>8729637
Don't buy from this chick, this bitch does not take care of her clothes. She modifies the hell out of her brand then tries to downplay it in sales descriptions.
>>
File: Disgusting_8ba5d3_5390158.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting_8ba5d3_5390158.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>8730420
>114 cm bust, 106 cm waist
>hm, I wonder how much that is in american
>45 in bust, 42 inch waist

jesus christ
>>
>>8730420
Did she not take into account her fat arms not fitting into the small arm holes? If it is one thing I hate, its fat chicks wearing clothes that 'fit' and then their sausage arms are stuffed into shirts and dresses that clearly cut off circulation. Just because you got the dress/shirt on does not mean it fits.
>>
>>8730420
I don't know if I'm more annoyed by the budget or that she posted that in lolita sales.
>>
>>8730548
Clearly... I don't understand how she isn't banned yet. People like this are MUCH worse and more harmful than serial non-paying buyers, imo.

Do the LM mods do literally anything anymore? I heard they're not going to bother taking replicas down anymore, either.
>>
>>8730420
>>8730426
>>8730525
>>8730556
>tfw you're 82 cm in the waist and feel fat.
>>
File: 1410294462409.jpg (88 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1410294462409.jpg
88 KB, 724x720
>>8732057
>tfw you're 82cm in the bust and feel flat.
>>
File: =T Hmm.gif (495 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
=T Hmm.gif
495 KB, 500x293
>>8732057
>>8732074
>tfw you're 83cm in the bust and are actually fat
>>
>>8732074
I'm 91cm chest wise so don't feel bad.
>>
>>8732074
How is 82cm flat?
>>
File: 1439926579438.jpg (18 KB, 240x198) Image search: [Google]
1439926579438.jpg
18 KB, 240x198
>>8732093
I'm around 187cms so I'm being silly but I always have the ideal that I'm too fat because of my birthing hips and ass.
>>
>>8732057
Fuck, anon, I'm 69 and feel fat, especially after buying an AATP OP. I can't even fit into my favorite AATP skirt at this size
>>
File: CatLick.gif (499 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
CatLick.gif
499 KB, 400x302
>>8732100
I'm like 5'1 so I actually do look fat. Need to start working out again and stop snacking on things.

> tfw I just weighted myself and need to lose at least 15 pounds to be average
>>
>>8732100
I'm sad that measurements for tall girls aren't widespread because they aren't as small as shorter girls/models. It's nice to read about someone's measurements who looks good and see that they are a similar size.
>>
Holy shit someone on FB is trying to sell a holy lantern zipper jsk for over $600. I don't even like it but now I wish I had tried to order it lmao
>>
>>8732268
Not worth that. The set alone is on LacemArket for $635. She needs to lower it. She knows she is selling it for too much too.

I also found her on LaceMarket.
>Blackxblack rare colorway. Selling it for what I bought it for. PP fees and US shipping included in the price

Quote from it. She's shitty.
>>
>>8732111
How much do you weigh? I'm 5'1" and fighting to stay at 90lbs.
>>
>>8732286
I'm like 135lbs right now. I should get to at least 120lbs, but 100-105lbs would be ideal. At 120lbs with a relatively fit body, my waist was 25"? I think if I went to 90lbs, I would just lose my ass considering how my fat distribution works.
>>
>>8732283
When will people learn that there is no obligation for lolitas to give you eactly what you paid for? The market fluctuates all the time. Prices go up and down and there's no telling when things will change. Sorry that you got scalped but thats not our problem
>>
>>8732309
There's no obligation to do anything in life. Doesn't make the seller any less shitty for doing it.
>>
>>8732344
Sorry I didn't articulate myself well. I agree the seller is shitty. I was venting my frustration about how it's really common for sellers with very high prices to justify it because it's "what they paid" when the dress is no longer worth that anymore
>>
>>8725257
I agree, I really love people who resell like this when I'm in a rush. It's not like she's making that much anyways
>>
>>8732360
Oh, I think it was my fault haha. I didn't read that very thoroughly. It's past my bedtime
>>
>>8732268
I saw that! I wonder who you are. :x I haven't met anybody yet
>>
File: really want me to.gif (983 KB, 455x255) Image search: [Google]
really want me to.gif
983 KB, 455x255
>>8732309
Calm down, missy. I don't even participate in lolita. Anyone who is smart can tell that this seller is out of her mind thinking she can sell off an item for the price she paid for it. You don't have to have been scalped to notice that. You might want to press your ruffles a little better, or maybe you are her and you are upset people think you are selling overpriced items that clearly are not fetching any buyers.
>>
>>8729637
Because the LM mods don't care.
>>
>>8732074
>95cm chest
>still looks flat because broad shoulders
>>
>>8732478
You keep telling yourself that
>>
>>8732458
>I'm not even in lolita but lemme give you my opinion on lolita markets, complete with ruffle-themed zingers

You sound like a moron
>>
>>8732458
Did you even read what you're replying to?
>them: this bitch is cray
>you: calm down, i disagree, that bitch is cray, maybe she's YOU?
>>
>>8732579
What are you even trying to say here? The original person wasn't saying that seller is "cray" at all - she pointed out that people can and will try to list for whatever stupid price they think will sell. Which is an argument that gets posted here all the time honestly, anon 2 sounds like an idiot for assuming she sluthed out the seller.
>>
>>8732592
She said "when will people learn no one has an obligation to pay you what you paid"... she's not "pointing" anything out. She's saying the seller is being foolish.
>>
>>8729637
Even the positive feedback is bad. Holy shit, who would be stupid enough to buy from her?
>>
>>8732111
Good luck anon! Same tall anon here. Sorry about derailing the thread too.

>>8732118
It's a pain to measure myself for custom things because I'm so tall or find stuff that isn't WTF expensive because of my big feet and hips.
>>
>>8730420
>106cm waist
>open chest maid outfit
Lord have mercy.
>>
File: Capture.png (70 KB, 595x313) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
70 KB, 595x313
Why do people even try this?!
>never used
>>
File: visableconfusion.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
visableconfusion.webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>8732965
>selling shopping bags
>>
>>8732557
This is a dumb argument on so many levels. You honestly really don't have to be a part of something to understand it. Chill, anon. Especially with how much information about lolita is tossed around on this forum. Same can go for cosplay.
>>
>>8733283
>>8732965

I know a girl who sells her Louis Vuitton and Chanel paper shopping bags. People do buy them! I have no idea why...
>>
>>8733477
because some people like to display them like hanging them on their walls, and some people want to pretend they can afford expensive shit.
>>
>>8732100
>I'm around 187cms
tall girls are my fetish.
>>
>>8733300

Careful, bruh. A lot of these gals think that their totems to daddy issues are super complicated.
>>
>>8733644
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-25-00-04-40.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-25-00-04-40.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
$80 for a Jane Marple replica. You're dreaming.
>>
>>8732458
the lolita economy is very, very, different than other economies. It's not uncommon for dresses to go up in price after the initial release, sometimes even used clothing is worth more than the original retail price
>>
>>8734010

Looks wonky as hell. I know it's probably the way it's sitting on the dress form, but it doesn't give a good impression of the garment. Particularly when it looks like a subpar replica anyway.

Sellers who put no effort into presenting their items are a general wtf to me. The fuck is with just chucking things on a messy bed or showing everyone your dirty laundry pile.
>>
>>8734030
But for the most, part, the average basic dress doesn't go up in value. If you buy direct from brand a lot, you will lose much more money than waiting to buy it secondhand.
>>
>>8728960
This is badly made and terrible quality in general, it really shouldn't be sold at all.
>>
File: saveme.jpg (159 KB, 801x600) Image search: [Google]
saveme.jpg
159 KB, 801x600
>>
File: kek.png (11 KB, 322x138) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
11 KB, 322x138
>>8739654
Anon...you didn't even try to hide the multiple times the shop name is mentioned. Really brings me back though, I entered their design contest and they said they'd use some designs for future products. Wonder if they ever really did use mine because I think I won 3rd place or something, I hardly remember.

They've always marketed to kids/moms (not just jfash), though, and I think that's pretty smart.
>>
>>8734010
I have a $10 skirt that is better constructed than that
>>
>>8739713
Not that anon but it's not necessary to block out shop names, only personal facebook names.
>>
Someone on facebook is selling Salon de Thé Rose with this as her proof pictures, and she says it's NWOT.
>>
>>8739763
I don't get it? Nwot means new without tags, it doesn't mean it's never been worn?
>>
>>8732965
People do it so they can package their sales items in them to protect them during shipment
>>
>>8739774

the point of nwot is that you tried it once or something like that, not that you didn't rip the tags so you could sell it later.

If you went as far as a doing a whole coord complete with make up, it's no longer new.
>>
>>8739778
I disagree. If she never left the house and just put on the coord, took a few pictures then took it off then I would say it's still in new condition

As long as she didn't get any makeup on it or something
>>
>>8739784
I completely agree with you
>>
>>8739742
Oh my bad, I thought the post was by the shop's page, not their personal page, and that OP haphazardly blocked out only one instance of the name.
>>
>>8739763
How fucking dumb is she? Why not just lay it out on the bed or on a hanger like a normal person?
>>
>>8739989
I have used a worn photo once before so people know what it looks like when worn
>>
>>8739784
No. That's 'like new'. If it's worn, it's worn.
>>
>>8740029
So I guess I should be asking for a discount every time I go to the store and buy something someone else has worn for longer than 30 seconds?
>>
File: lolwut.png (563 KB, 494x764) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.png
563 KB, 494x764
>>
>>8740099
God dammit you beat me to it I was like. The fuck?

I'll keep it for the future
>>
>>8740099
Legit thought this was a frilly Korean backpack from the thumbnail.
>>
>>8740099
I feel like this had pretty good potential, and did not at all live up to that potential.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (48 KB, 965x355) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
48 KB, 965x355
Mother of god.
>>
>>8740109
OMG me too! I was like Wtf is with this backpack? ....oh.
>>
>>8740187
Topkek
>>
>>8740053
Certainly doesn't stop dumb cheap bitches from coming into every clothes store on the planet and doing it.

But in seriousness, don't play dumb. Whether you wore it for an hour in your house or 10 in a rodeo, it's worn. Don't list a used dress as unused.

I swear, at this point might as well assume anyone that lists an item NWOT is actually Used Like New (if that). This accepted practice of lying about item condition is getting more and more common.
>>
>>8740287
yeah, i mean they know you can put the dress on a mannequin ad post that picture, or find pictures of someone else wearing their dress and link to those pictures for a worn reference.
i mean come on, guys. you never know what gross shit is rubbing off of a person when they put clothing on, even if its just for a few minutes. their sweat, their makeup, andthing around their house that got on it. if you put it on even for a minute, it's been worn. it's been touching your body and it's been stretched out even if its just a little.
>>
>>8740354

No this is dumb. Tried on does not equal used.

Everything you touch has been touched by someone else and breathed on by someone else at some point. You're being ridiculous.

Would you go to the Baby store in San Fran and demand a discount because someone tried on a dress? No because that's asinine. And I'm not "playing dumb" this is literally what you are arguing for.
>>
>>8740354
Totally this. I've been to clothing stores and avoided trying on clothes because they have stains on them already (deodorant, makeup, who-knows-what). Once in awhile I encounter something ripped, stretched-out, or otherwise damaged from people trying it on. Technically it's "new" but it's not something I'd want to buy.

NWOT = unworn.

The thing is too, not only does this girl post pics of her wearing the dress, but you really can't even get a good look at the dress. The entire point of pictures on a listing is so you can see what you're buying. To me, her pics seem more like selfies or focused on looking cute than showing off clothing for sale.
>>
>>8740367
she didn't just try it on though. she wore it, made a full coord, put on makeup. she made it an outfit and most likely wore it out somewhere.
and literally no one said you should discount something because it was tried on. they said that's somethign that needs to be mentioned when you sell something secondhand.
>>
>>8740372
>NWOT = unworn.
>NWOT = unworn.
>NWOT = unworn.

I don't know how many times it needs to be said. It's like this anywhere you go. Are the people arguing for this kids that have never bought/sold clothes before?
>>
>>8732057
Same here anon
>>
>>8740367
jesus how fucking dumb are you?
>>
>>8728633
She's also using one of Cadney's photos from her wardrobe post. Why can't people just use stock photos for wtbs? Why the need to use other peoples photos?
>>
>>8740187

Yeah haha no.
This dress is on my wish list but not for that price
>>
File: replica chan.png (139 KB, 945x450) Image search: [Google]
replica chan.png
139 KB, 945x450
>>
do you leave negative feedback for buyers who back out? i just had a girl who canceled on socks i put on hold for her (i know, i know, but i wanted them gone) because TEE HEE she was getting some for christmas now. she's pretty obviously young so i feel like kind of a bitch, but damn.
>>
>>8742211
mother of god
what a lame replica
>>
>>8742211
classy toilet pic
>>
>>8743176
Of course. Let other people know about flakes. It is always best to get a deposit on holds for that reason too, or something to make it more final.
>>
File: image.png (645 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
645 KB, 750x1334
This thing is $300 and is literally scraps of Wonderflex glued to a headband and painted gold.
>>
>>8740053
Don't be a scamming asshole. Putting it on briefly is one thing, making a coord is another. She's stretched the fabric and gotten her body oil, smell, and skin particles in it by wearing it that long.
>>
>>8743176
I would feel too bad if I did, so I usually just don't leave any feedback.

I still feel bad about "threatening" to cancel a trade because the other girl hadn't sent her stuff out for over a week (I told her I wasn't sending mine out until I got a tracking number from her). Apparently she was tied up with school and all the other people she was trading with at the time were understanding. She had bad grammar and poor excuses so I jumped to the conclusion she was trying to scam me. She left me very positive feedback though so that was nice...
>>
File: ;gjhe'g4.png (257 KB, 1165x487) Image search: [Google]
;gjhe'g4.png
257 KB, 1165x487
Was browsing through taobao and came across this monstrosity
>>
File: _20151201_004402.jpg (111 KB, 1149x640) Image search: [Google]
_20151201_004402.jpg
111 KB, 1149x640
>need to sell
>marks up by 100$ of what it's worth and regularly sells for
>>
>>8722605
You sound so dreamy
>>
>>8743469
what the fuck does that have to do with mulan?
>>
>>8740367
>>8740988
You can't say "an item tried on in a store isn't used but an item tried on at home is," even though that's what everyone is insisting on.
You can't have it both fucking ways.
>>
>>8743743
>>8743743
Buying from a store is different than buying from another person. Buying from a store has a certain sense of quality/guarantees whereas a person selling online has no real guarantees except what's enforced by the sale site/Paypal/etc.

For example:
If someone tried on a Baby dress at the store and smeared makeup on it and got some deodorant/sweat stains on it, Baby would not sell that in the store. You know if you buy anything from their shop it's going to be new, clean, good condition products. When buying from a store in person, you can also see for yourself what you're getting.

Random person selling on the internet could do the same thing and then turn around and sell it to you, "NWOT (pics of them wearing it)." You can't see what you're actually buying online. You could leave them bad feedback and/or open a Paypal claim, but that's a big hassle for something that is supposed to be "new" quality.

The thing with people trying clothes on is, it's a person-by-person issue, too: person A could try the dress on and you'd never know it. Person B could try it on and stretch the seams, pop a button, stretch the zipper, tear the lace a bit, stain it, cause it to pick up a scent, etc. So because of that, once something has been tried on it's no longer new when it's being sold person-to-person.
>>
>>8743664
I kind of love the fabric they used for the skirt, but just the pink city bit. Everything else is a total clusterfuck.
>rainbow suspenders
Where even are those?
>>
Not really /cgl/ related but I have to share.

This person is advertising these necklaces as Betsey Johnson when anyone who actually wears BJ would immediately see how hilariously fake they are. I mean that "blonde girl" pendant is from Harajuku Lovers.

>inb4 wearing Betsey Johnson in the first place
She's hit or miss for me but I love her earrings.
>>
File: 25 dollars kek.png (327 KB, 1294x584) Image search: [Google]
25 dollars kek.png
327 KB, 1294x584
>>8743825
I really hope no one buys that necklace. $25? Kek
>>
>>8743828
And it's a markdown from 48$
>>
File: 2015-12-01 01.15.14.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01 01.15.14.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>8743828
Someone bought 4 for $50. That's the only "sold" listing I could find of them luckily.
>>
>>8743831
Whyd you mark off the name? Report them.
>>
>>8743835
I marked out the name of the buyer. I reported the Harajuku Lovers pendant as a "Designer Replica" (no text box to actually type my report in) so we'll see.

Her entire shop is sad desu. She has well over 30 of those necklaces and fairly cheap makeup and clothing listed for more than they retail brand new. And shipping isn't free.
>>
>>8744245

Except I can clearly see by the uncensored '@f', and the uncensored @fabloot that what you tried to censor was clearly 'fabloot'. Nice censoring skills you got there, anon.
>>
File: Teehee.png (18 KB, 238x170) Image search: [Google]
Teehee.png
18 KB, 238x170
>>8744253
...You got me. Not sure how I missed that.
>>
>>8732965
and here in the UK we get pissy over 5p plastic bags...
>>
>>8732057
>82cm waist
>32 inches

But anon that is fat
>>
>>8745145
If she's 5 foot, maybe. If she's 5'8", that's pretty trim. Either way its firmly in the M/L category at biggest.
>>
File: hanger sale.png (174 KB, 976x556) Image search: [Google]
hanger sale.png
174 KB, 976x556
I've seen hangers listed before, but they still baffle me, does anyone actually buy that shit?
>>
>>8745368
Really.
....Really?
>>
>>8745368
That's a new level of desperation right there.
>>
>>8745358
>32" waist at 5'8" is trim
Just how fat IS everyone where you are? I'm 5'10" and I'd actually have to try to get close to a 30" waist.
>>
>>8745368

I once listed some brand hangers for sale. Person who bought it not only paid fast, they also paid EMS shipping for it. It was very weird for me, I know I listed mine at like five bucks, not thirty five, and still didn't expect it to sell, but the girl seemed really happy to get them.

To be fair, I looked through their blog later and it seemed like they were both rich and fans of the brand, they seemed to be in a new release in their ootd photos every month at least.

Gotta be very few of those types of people around, though. I wonder if there's any hardcore MM fans, let alone any fanatic and rich enough to pay that much for hangers.
>>
>>8745145
I was thinking the same thing. That is enormous. 32 inch-chan I hate to break it to you but you feeling fat is not strange.
>>
>>8745358
I'm 5'7" with a 27" waist and I'm chubby. I'd feel bloated as fuck if my waist was over 30", holy shit.
>>
>>8746303
I'm 5'5 with a 28" but I have a flat stomach. I think I just lose fat from my waist slowly + am just kind of rectangular
>>
>>8746319
How much do you weigh? It could just be that you're an apple (which in that case, my condolences)
>>
>>8742211
replica sales are allowed on LM??
>>
>>8746506
Technically no, the mods have just stopped giving a shit.
>>
>>8745368
It's alyssiumbaby, are you that surprised
>>
>uuhm I bought and AP item why did it get shipped in a Meta bag?
Bitch do you think I'm an official reseller or something?
>>
>>8747701
That's just so damn picky. What does it matter what you shipped it in as long as it wasn't filled with rotting food?
>>
>>8732965

I bought them back in high school to make book covers, but not for $10. Maybe 50 cents each for the trouble of shipping them.
>>
good luck to this person
>>
>>8745368
shit son if that sells, i'm gonna to write "Mary Magdalene" in gold sharpie on some plainass hangers and sell them for $10
>>
File: Screenshot (32).png (142 KB, 939x309) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (32).png
142 KB, 939x309
>>8745368
Just noticed the shipping prices too..
>>
>>8732965
If I was a scammer, I would buy these to sell with my replica. Official bag = dress must be official amirite.
>>
File: DSCN0133.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0133.jpg
231 KB, 1024x768
>>8748178
I'll see your $10 and sell mine for $5. Totally official, I just came back from Tokyo with it.
>>
>>8749062
I want 20
>>
File: iwant.jpg (33 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
iwant.jpg
33 KB, 500x309
>>8749062
>>
>>8749062
11/10 would buy and never actually use just admire
>>
>>8743740
I was wondering the same thing. Like the fuck then i realized they might have meant Milan.
>>
>>8732057
62 cm waist and I feel fat, I don't know how you people live with yourselves.
>>
>>8749332
It's pretty easy when you don't have an eating disorder
>>
>>8749343
Except I don't, I'm average weight, if a bit less than that. 105 pounds for 5'3 isn't underweight.
>>
>>8749372
You can be at a healthy weight and still be sick..
>>
File: umokay.png (4 KB, 461x67) Image search: [Google]
umokay.png
4 KB, 461x67
>>
>>8749627
name field, anon
>>
>>8743705
tbqh that doesn't look like it's worth just $80 to me. $180 seems reasonable.
>>
>>8746319
>>8746462
Different anon.

I'm 5'5 with 28" waist. Stomach is flat too I just have wide hips. I'm not an "apple" either more hour glass. I got a huge butt and chest, but no one knows that when I wear lolita.
>>
>>8746554
Deets,anon?
>>
File: for fuck sake.jpg (81 KB, 909x391) Image search: [Google]
for fuck sake.jpg
81 KB, 909x391
>>
File: or04.gif (350 KB, 225x126) Image search: [Google]
or04.gif
350 KB, 225x126
>>8750326
That's beautiful
>>
>>8745368
Fancy hangers are a thing. Brooks Brothers hangers cost $60 new.
>>
>>8749997
OP also stated she 6' which definitely sounds a lot more reasonable.
>>
>>8749984
If I was a newb, I'd agree with you, but in fact older/unpopular IW dresses go regularly for around $80-120 and you can see that if you know your market. And that particular piece gets sold at the cheap all the time.

>>8749998
Just search the archive, she's generally known for being scalpy.
>>
>>8750326
I'd buy it but international shipping would be expensive.
>>
Overpriced shitty Bodyline replica

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-2015-Handmade-Gothic-Lolita-Lace-Princess-Performance-Cosplay-Formal-Dress-Women-Dress-Costume/32309496700.html
>>
>>8750326
>plus size friendly
What does this even mean? Is it plus size or not?
>>
>>8749627
Nice Nicole
>>
>>8750679
Not the person you're replying to, but if you're going to try to call someone out make sure you actually have their name right lol
>>
>>8750658
Usually that means it it falls in both normal range and plus sized range, like half shirred AP.
>>
>>8750759
Did you check the email before commenting?
>>
File: lsdkjh.png (109 KB, 517x469) Image search: [Google]
lsdkjh.png
109 KB, 517x469
>>8742211
So it was on BtB and her reaction was on my newsfeed. It's beautiful...LOL
>>
>>8751015
same anon, I also have the few comments before it got deleted. Sad
>>
>>8751040
Do you have caps of the comments? We're looking for them over in the comm thread if you can contribute!
>>
>>8751040
plz post them anon <3
>>
File: ;akkjg.png (29 KB, 485x207) Image search: [Google]
;akkjg.png
29 KB, 485x207
>>8751041
>>8751043
yea I do.
>>
>>8751071
Wow she sounds batshit
>>
>>8751071
>accusing anyone not on her side

What a bitch. I hope no one buys her crappy replica. Any responses to the BtB physical post?
>>
File: ;dfb.png (60 KB, 1280x548) Image search: [Google]
;dfb.png
60 KB, 1280x548
>>8751079
Nothing yet
>>
>>8748990
I know the hangers thing is weird, but 21.10AUD really is the cheapest shipping you can get to the USA or Canada with tracking. Anything over 500g, it jumps to 36.70AUD. As for the domestic shipping, I have no idea where she got that number. Most parcels are under $10 within Australia for me.

Regardless, I personally refuse to ship without tracking because I've had buyers screw up on their end (wrong address in one case, left the dress at the post office so long it was returned to me in another).
>>
>>8746462
130 but at least some of it is muscle (I know how that sounds lol, but I've gained a good amount of weight since i started lifting a few months ago). But even at my lowest weight, like 118 in high school, I still had a 27" waist. If anything i'm pear shaped. Still sucks though Want a cute tiny waist. My chest is the perfect size for brand but a few impossible cms stand between me and my fav VM and MM dresses.

Sage for OT
>>
>>8740099

>3 people like this
>>
>>8751154
One of them is probably herself and one of them is probably her parent.
>>
File: 2015-12-06_02.47.36.jpg (320 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-06_02.47.36.jpg
320 KB, 1035x1035
>>8721563
Ya OKAY
>>
>>8751500
It's one of Bodyline's only "sought after" pieces and retailed for at least $60. What's the problem?

>Newfags pretending to be brandwhores because they think it makes them look good.
>>
File: IMG__201512340__0825.jpg (67 KB, 418x218) Image search: [Google]
IMG__201512340__0825.jpg
67 KB, 418x218
>>8745906
>Trim.
Sounds chavvy.

As long as you're at a healthy body fat/muscle ratio, that's all that really matters.

I'm 5'10" and chubby as fuck at 65kg, but still only have a 26" waist - and it'll get to 23" long before I'm 'skinny.'
The worst thing is
>Huge obese-person style back rolls..
>Idk if loose skin or fat, but I've never been huge.
>Probably hereditary and will need surgery to correct.
>>
>>8751517
Not that anon but good lord are you serious? Who in their right mind would pay over retail for a worn bodyline dress? I've gotten brand for that much, and no, I'm hardly a brandwhore, I have plenty of bodyline in my wardrobe. I would be ashamed to sell my bodyline over retail no matter how "sought after" a piece is.
>>
>>8749372
Same height and weight and my waist is 72 cm. Weight can be distributed differently, it doesn't automatically mean someone is fat.
>>
>>8751563
>I'm too ashamed to follow the secondary market
i.e.
>I'm an idiot and hate money
>>
>>8751669
>too ashamed to follow the secondary market
Anon, this dress (L483) was 4,999 yen which is nowhere near the original quoted price of "$60" - let's not assume we're idiots who go by the jacked up USD prices, please. The last time I saw it sold I saw it go for $40, which was still in new condition.

Please, can we not pretend Bodyline is coveted? I can understand selling a dress at retail if it's no longer available on the site, but the quality and construction of their dresses does not warrant being sold at a profit... except by scalpers looking to find a desperate or naive fatty, as original seller likely is.
>>
>>8751675
>can we not pretend Bodyline is coveted
I never said that, I'm just saying you should be willing to sell it for that much if that's what people are willing to pay. That's how the secondary market is supposed to work.
>>
>>8751679
What indicates that the dress is worth that much? Do you have any other secondhand sales indicating that this isn't an inflated, wishful-thinking price?
>>
>>8751686
Lol bruh I sold a pair of Doc Martens on eBay for $180 when they were being sold on the actual site for $90.

Money is money.
>>
>>8751675
There's actually a choice few pieces I would actually call a bit coveted, like that velveteen yoke OP that hasn't been restocked for a good 5 years. I've seen tons of people looking for that in the long-gone colorways.

But yeah, most of it is not and that also doesn't mean that the ones that are coveted should skyrocket in price, either.
>>
>>8751675
>was 4,999 yen which is nowhere near the original quoted price of "$60"
diff, but don't forget the yen rate has decreased a lot in recent years...
>>
>>8751945
This, it wasn't too long ago the rate was something like 82 yen to the USD (granted depends on your own currency's exchange rate...)
>>
I hate when buyers get an attitude at you for reminding them that they still haven't paid you for an item, especially when they say "I'll pay you tonight/tomorrow" and then the time comes and goes and when you mention it they say "Well I had to work/Went out somewhere!"

Like ok.. but you didn't tell me so why are you acting like I'm harassing you?
>>
>>8751517
THAT ANON.
not a brand whore, also have bodyline. Only an idiot would pay OVER retail for BL used. Newfag? Check yourself salty anon.
>>
>>8751964
Agreed. Just say sorry and pay immediately. We all have lives, and sometimes I lose track of the time and forget to pay an invoice. When I'm reminded via pm, I don't even check the message until I've paid the invoice same day, and say sorry x100
>>
>>8752084
You're the kind of buyer I'd love to have. The one that made me post this went "I am aware. I was out late last night" and when I reminded them that I could only hold items 24 hours (which they're over already) they never replied.

Well, if someone else asks about what they're trying to buy, I'm selling to the next person. They were warned.
>>
>>8752092
I would send one final reminder saying "I have sent you the invoice. If you do not pay by [insert time of your choice], I will consider the sale canceled and will be forced to leave negative feedback. Thank you for understanding."
I'm sorry that's happening to you anon. Hopefully you can sell the item quickly to someone reliable!
>>
>>8752094
Eh. I don't even want to waste more energy on them. I'll keep an eye on my messages tonight but in the morning I'm telling them too bad, your transaction is cancelled.
>>
>>8743825
T R I G G E R E D
;-;
>>
>>8751517
Lol 10/10 bait, thanks anon. I'm a huge brandwhore but will buy bodyline stuff for casual wear if it's priced fairly.
>>
>>8749627
She also messaged me. She didn't seem very interested when I offered a Bodyline skirt
>>
File: a3rarar3.png (246 KB, 476x478) Image search: [Google]
a3rarar3.png
246 KB, 476x478
What's the deal with people charging so much for fakes? And why aren't fakes banned in the sales groups?
>>
>>8753327
I thought they were just recently banned?
>>
>>8753338
If they were, it's not being enforced at all.
>>
>>8753327
I don't dress in lolita, but holy shit. The pride these girls take in replicas. It's really pathetic. I mean, if I dressed as a lolita I would never buy replica. It's like being okay with a ripoff brand bag from someone like Dolce and Gabbana. Just save your money until you want the real thing. People are so desperate to be included. If that were the case, though, don't flaunt your replicas as if you are proud of it. Yeah, you wore something lolita to be a part of the group, but your ripoff makes you look like a cheap whore.
>>
File: il_570xN.756220323_6g7u.jpg (45 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.756220323_6g7u.jpg
45 KB, 570x380
>>8721563
I just found this handbag. Looks like something seagulls would appreciate.
>>
>>8753560
BREAD BAG BREAD BAG BREAD BAG BREAD BAG BREAD BAG BRE
>>
>>8753560
SAUCE PLEASE
I NEED THIS
>>
>>8753560
This looks like it will break your phone so fast.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.