[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your fondest lolita-related memory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 4.jpg (158 KB, 819x546) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
158 KB, 819x546
I had an idea for a thread that I thought would be nice. What's the best meetup you've ever been to, or your fondest memory of wearing lolita? I thought back on all the fun times this fashion has given me and I'm curious about yours. Describe your favorite lolita memory, either with your comm, with friends or another situation!
>>
>>8739790
I think my fondest memory was when I decided to dress up to go to the museum with my SO. There was a group of young girls, maybe around 5 years old, that were on a field trip. They were so excited to see me. They all wanted my "autograph" and kept asking me if I was a real princess. I told them the generic "all girls are princesses" response, which they loved. One of them grabbed my hand and begged me to go with them. It was the sweetest moment in lolita I've ever experienced.
>>
>>8739845
This melted my icy heart, anon. That's adorable.
>>
>>8739845
I had a similar experience to that and it really does feel absolutely wonderful! (and is really adorable)

When I was in college I had an elective class that was fiction writing, and for the whole semester we worked on our children's book. Did drafts, illustrations, submitted it to *pretend* publishers, etc. Instead of taking a final, we all just went to a local elementary school and had a reading day with the kids. I was decked out in full VM classic as it sort of matched the theme of my book and all the girls wanted to sit with me and hear my story and one said, "I never thought I'd meet a princess at school!"

Heart was beyond melted.
>>
Finally making friends after years of isolation by peers. High school was tough on me.
>>
>>8739866
What an awesome class experience! I would have loved to have done something like that in college!
>>
Going to a meetup in a city where my lolita crush lives. The day ended when we scissored after the meetup and the dinner following the meetup.
>>
This is really dumb and minor, but my fondest memory is when I was asked by my lolita-senpai for coord advice. At the time I'd been in the fashion for 3 years and really taken all 3 to come into my own sense of the fashion, and she'd been in it for over a decade. We still trade coord advice to this day.
>>
My favorite memory was from the first time I wore my first real coord out. It was a pink Alice and The Pirates dress that I had coorded kinda nitpicky but I was still very proud of it and I didn't look ita or anything. It was my birthday so my mom took me and my sisters to a restaurant that served high tea. My little sister wanted to dress up too so she just wore a pink dress that wasn't lolita but was still pretty cute and I did her hair and put some bows in it that matched mine. While we were at the restaurant drinking tea there was this big group of old ladies there having tea as well and one of them had came up to us and asked what the occasion was since we were all dressed up and I told her it was my birthday. She obviously told me happy birthday and said we looked lovely and then went back to her table. From then on after that every old lady from that group that passed our table had told me happy birthday. It really made my day.
>>
Probably going for dinner with my favorite (ex)professor. I wore a toned-down classic coordinate and he was so impressed I made the dress myself.
>>
I think my favourite memory in Lolita would be walking up to a convention in a shiro coordinate and a little girl mistook me for a bride. She looked so happy it made my entire week.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.