[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Florida General: Supercon Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: image.png (164 KB, 1200x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164 KB, 1200x1100
Previous thread: >>9032901

Supercon is one week from today! Anyone have their lineups set? Entering the contest? Feeling con crunch?
>>
I'm not going.
I had spent weeks making and designing props for all the costumes that I was going to take, and for people that commissioned me to make props as well. However: with this new prop weapon policy the owners put out, many of the people that asked for props want a refund instead, and I essentially wasted time on a cosplay.
>>
>>9069116
That seems extreme. Did you honestly think that Supercon (or any con) wouldn't have made changes to their prop weapon's policy after Pulse? I personally think it's the right call for the con and they're abiding by the recommendations (or requirements?) that Miami Beach laid out.

I don't think the weapon's policy is that terrible. You can't have realistic fake weapons, no conceal/carry, no metal props, nothing that could reasonable hurt someone - foam and soft props are encouraged. Yeah, we're all used to seeing airsoft rifles, fake handguns, pulse rifles, etc but it would be really easy for someone with bad intentions to sneak in a real firearm. The benefits of having a perfect cosplay are not worth the risk.

For some costumes, like umbrella dudes or colonial marines, it does kinda suck, but you can still wear everything else. Use props for photoshoots or to have on display at home, it's not a total waste (remind your customers of that as well).
>>
Can someone explain to me why people hate/boycott the Broder-cons? There seem to be a lot of people with animosity towards these conventions and take a stand on not attending out of some sort of ethical reason.

What's the deal, banana peel?
>>
>>9069206
That's a lot of crap talk in the same vein as 'no one needs as AR15'.
You think that don't you?
Authoritarian.
Policies made out of fear are not the policies we need.
If it's 'easy to sneak a real gun in' because of props, the same is still true without the props. Don't believe me? Do more research.
None of tbe new policies will protect you.
>>
File: 003.gif (459 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
003.gif
459 KB, 384x288
I'm not going. I feel like I'm missing out on everything this year, but I need to finish my degree. I'll definitely be at Holmat and Chibi-pa or whatever it's called now. I want to get my con party on.

Please let me live vicariously though you, /cgl/.
>>
>>9069418
I get that most security is theater, it's an illusion that makes people feel safer. But I still appreciate it. I dunno, it feels like the right move, if nothing more but than for respect of what happened (or good PR). It would be weird if they didn't say or do anything.

I am an authoritarian, not gonna lie.

I agree that "no one needs an AR15" and that would be a more practical statement if the things weren't already out in the world. Problem is that AR15's exist and people (good and bad) have them. Gun control is a Pandora's box, once those things are out there, we can't take them away, it's a practical and ethical nightmare.
>>
>>9069438
So in essence, you would rather lie to yourself, take away your own means of defense and that of others?
Well, I hope you enjoy the extra rules, so long as they don't effect you it's all right yea?
Personally I'd rather not see the con show deference to the victims in this manner, I find it tasteless.
>>
>>9069206
>No concealed carry
Way to turn it into a killing fiel-
I mean "Gun Free Zone."

The policy is shit, it's a knee jerk reaction at best and will actively make people less safe.
>>
The new policy joined with the pride ribbons they shared is probably just for good PR to make brodercon look like the best con in florida. No other con did such a display.
>>
>>9069461
Literally every other developed nation is safer from shootings than we are. It's not because they have less fucking crazies, its because the crazies and people like you don't get access to guns and then bring them to public events like you're some kind of hero.
>>
>>9069639
It's been proven that even with gun bans, homicide/violence rates remain at the same ratio to the population overall, with more bad ends for innocents involved.
Reminder, police are not obligated to help you if you're being attacked, ultimately if you're about to die because of somethibg out of your control, you are still the only person responsible for your own protection and defense.
>>
In addition to the prop rules and checking people with masks, do you think they'll also be checking bags like security does at some concerts?

Also the mask checking things sounds weird, like what are they doing, just making sure your not a lizard or something? It's not like they have mugshots or anything to compare people against.
>>
>>9069938
omg, 'you're', sorry, I hate myself now.
>>
>>9069206
Supercon was boxed in by Miami, the fire marshal, and I shit you not, Dept of Homeland Security about weapons.

Yes this whole thing is knee-jerk from the Pulse shooting but it's not FLSC's fault.

Yeah I get that Punishers & Deadpools got completely fucked but some people are turning this into some seriously retarded /pol/ shit like that 'my safety is MY concern' guy.
>>
>>9070068
Lol that guy is a fukkin dweeb
>>
>>9069415
The guy is an unprofessional asshole who actually cursed me out at another FL con in 2012 due to my supporting of an event that he viewed as competition.

Broder and Croom are the worst; all about profit and not about the attendees; IMO.
>>
>>9070068
This. Ok be upset or whatever but Broder is being very open that his hands were tied and MBPD and other people of actual authority are enforcing these rules. Bitching to him is the same as botching to a barista at Starbucks over the price of a coffee, all they can do is shrug.

I'm still laughing at the MUH GUN fags though, like can you really not spend 4 days armed? Are you really that terrified of the world?

On the con note, bummed that I won't be cosplaying this year. Will there be a meetup?
>>
Is anyone planning on going to FandomCon in November? I'm thinking about it but I've never been.
>>
>>9072022
I'm not that guy, but it seems like telling people that concealed carrying just means you're paranoid is much like saying the same thing to people who wear seatbelts.
They don't plan on being in a car crash when they do, but there's a possibility and wearing one prevents you from turning into a human projectile.
>>
Will there be a /cgl/ meetup at Supercon?

Also is it really worth going to?
>>
>>9072448
Check out the guest list, if there are guests that interest you and that are doing panels (double-check, not all of the celebs are doing events, some just have autograph booths) then it's worth it. If you compete in cosplay contests, there are like 2 each day for different things (i.e. runway show, video game, skit, construction, etc).

Be prepared to deal with parking in Miami Beach. Be prepared to deal with a younger crowd compared to other cons (i.e. Dragoncon). Some people don't like Broder (and understandably so, he has a certain attitude that can be abrasive), but honestly 99.99% of people won't deal with him face-to-face, go and enjoy the con for the guests and events.

I think it's worth going to. Besides Megacon up in Orlando this is the biggest con in Florida and if your in Dade/Broward it's a great con that you don't have to stay in a hotel for.
>>
>>9070068
> & Deadpools got completely fucked

I'm OK with this
>>
>>9072825
They are pretty much all annoying cunts anyways
>>
Not going. Saving the money for Metrocon, an actually fun convention.
>>
>>9073046
Is Metrocon actually fun or is it just the free happy hour and pool at the Embassy Suites that make it fun?
>>
>>9073203
It's the free happy hour and the pool.
>>
>>9073046
The only thing worth going for is the nightly boozed up circle jerk at the Embassy pool. The rest of the con is overpriced shit. Plenty of eager con twat if you have the booze. There's also a free breakfast just give them a fake room number.
>>
>>9074360
I wouldn't go near any con twat at Metrocon. I know my room has booze but shit, most of those twats turn out to be underaged or part of the Riveran Cult. Have fun if you don't wanna get called rapist.
>>
>>9073203
I don't need to go to Metro-con to have a good drink and a fun time. lol
>>
>>9074995
B-b-b-but CHESS MATCH!

<cries in weaboo>
>>
>>9069673
The law states police are not required to commit suicide in order to save your stupid ass. Nice rewording and omission though
>>
>>9073203
yo, there's a free happy hour?
>>
File: Capture.png (45 KB, 525x567) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45 KB, 525x567
>>9074995
I really like the shows they put on, I dunno if I consider them worth the 80$ price tag to get to see all of them over the weekend, but hopefully they'll be good this year. I rather enjoyed the Metro Star Party show last year.

I think this is kinda neat. Hope I get the VIP pass or the early seating.
>>
Anyone got extra space in their hotel room for Supercon? I'm willing to help cover room costs.
>>
Is anyone going to this thing?

I'm debating going, but there's literally nothing to do the entirety of Saturday besides QandAs with people I don't really care about.

Maybe I could be a cheap ass and just hang out in the halls and people watch for free
>>
>>9077767
I'm going Saturday and Sunday. Will be dressed as Marty McFly one of those days and wearing /fa/ goof ninja shit the other day.
>>
What I have always wondered HOW the fuck Ace is able to go to so many god damn conventions. I see him going to events all over the damn globe.
>>
>>9077767
I'm going Fri/Sat/Sun.

It's pretty much the only con I can still go to because of the location and timing with my work. There are costume competitions of some sort each day and a few of the guests look interesting. I just really want to cosplay and see other costumes in the wild.

I'll be wearing Scout Harding from Dragon Age on Friday, maybe Saturday too.
>>
>>9077767
I'm going all four days, but I'll be wandering around SoBe for some of the weekend as well since I haven't been there in a while and it'll be fun.

Tbh Supercon still has fun smaller panels for being a bigger con. The quiz ones and at least last year the girl running the Disney fan panels did a good job and I was entertained. I never really go to Q&As because I don't watch most live action nerd stuff so I stick to panels.
>>
Anyone else going in today to help set up? I'll be there sometime after two. I've also been dealing with moving and crap lately so I'm sad to say I only have one costume this weekend. But I'm going to try to wash it each day since it's at least a casual enough cosplay.
>>
I won't be able to be in Miami until later in the evening tomorrow, so can I still go to the hall walk around without a ticket? How strict are they in regards to that?

Just doesn't make sense to pay for Friday since I'll be in Orlando working for most of the day.
>>
>>9078652
From the other years I've been, there's a lobby area you can go into, but they have guards checking wristbands to get into the main floor with dealers. You might be able to sneak into some panels perhaps.
>>
Are there any lolitas planning to go/meetup on saturday?
>>
>>9078959
If I had my wardrobe unpacked I would meet up with you but I'll just be in cosplay this weekend.
>>
Anyone know where I can get a cheap pink morphsuit in South Miami?
>>
>>9079254
Party City may have some, but probably not cheap.
>>
>>9079194
No problem, I'm just looking for people to take pictures of. Surely there will be some random lolitas about.
>>
Shit starts tomorrow, try to have fun nerds

If shit gets boring you'll find me at the pc gaming lounge, hopefully they'll have Overwatch with low level profiles ready to go
>>
Running some panels all weekend, see you guys :)
>>
File: 1467134347497.jpg (71 KB, 460x615) Image search: [Google]
1467134347497.jpg
71 KB, 460x615
I know this is beyond a long shot, but does anyone have a room at/near the venue that they wouldn't mind having an extra rando lay his head down in? had plans but my host totally dipped.

am friendly sociable and well-groomed. will not stink up the hotel room. pls halp
>>
>>9079486
to add to this: don't even need a bed. just floor space
>>
>>9079486
I have an Airbnb in South Beach for Sat and Sun. It's semi private but it allows more than one guest.
>>
>>9080078
May just change the reservation to allow me to check in tonight as well.
>>
So doors open at 0930?
>>
Which guest are gonna be handing out them free autographs? usually dont know till i see the day planner booklet they hand out
>>
>>9080079
>>9080078

that sounds great! could you get in touch with me at my email (I put it in the options field), or add me on Steam? my username is Zigludo and I have a cirno avatar
>>
>>9080111
I've added you on Steam since I can't figure out how to see your email. I my handle is Accell and I have a big eye avatar.
>>
I'm going as The Drifter from Hyper Light Drifter all weekend, what're you guys going as??
>>
>>9080304
the guy bugging you to pose for a photo. its a classic look
>>
So who's on the floor right now?
>>
Where the video games at? Lost as all hell here
>>
Damn I just found out 5 minutes ago that I'm going to this tomorrow and I have nothing to cosplay. Do I even try to pull off some low effort shit? I don't want to half ass something. This will be my first convention and I'm feeling excited/nervous
>>
i looking at the artist alley line up and it bit more dissapointing than last yr anyone know if theyll be at least half decent artist??
>>
File: supertrash.png (3 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
supertrash.png
3 KB, 256x256
>>9080585
Most artists (including myself) have either went to RTX in Texas or scratched SuperCon off our schedules permanently. It's such a shit con and I hope it dies out when Mega overtakes it with a new Miami mega con.
>>
>>9080436
At this point just be chill and relax and dont stress about having to have a cosplay, especially since it's your first. There are other cons.
>>
>>9081018
I ended up running around the mall to find this shirt. Couldn't find something exactly like it but it's close enough, now I just hope someone recognizes it. It would be neat if I could get someone to do the command seal as henna but at this point just the shirt is fine
>>
Anyone got some badges they can post for us poor fags?
>>
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4454078/
So... I just learned about this....
>>
>>9081235
The 4 day ones are that weird cardboard plastic
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467428775291.jpg (88 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467428775291.jpg
88 KB, 1080x810
>>9081235
>>
There gonna be a cgl meetup at Metrocon?
>>
>>9080612

out of curiosity - why?
>>
>been working on my first actual cosplay for saturday
>didn't buy ticket online yet because I've never had trouble with supercon tickets
>keep forgetting throughout the week to buy it
>decide to buy it after getting dinner with family for cousin's birthday
>get home
>shower
>get on computer
>check email
>"Saturday tickets are sold out"
>email received ten minutes ago
You gotta be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>9081457
Treats the artists like shit and puts us in shitty layouts. We have better shows to attend.
>>
>>9069097

I'm fucked uppp i'm turning uppp. yall best be partying tomorrow. today was a shitshow.
>>
Well I had fun the first day, really liked the Borderlands Psycho and thought Ed (Cowboy Bebop) was super cute.
>>
>>9081547
Cant you still buy tickets at the con when their sold out or
>>
If anyone is selling tickets for today im welling to buy
>>
>>9081779
No. I'm pretty sure there's none left for today.
>>
I got a Meme Lord snap back and basically I'm happy because of it.
Also if any of you can, you should check out that booth that has a couch and Street Fighter. He's promoting his music and he's really fucking chill.
Also if he gives you a poster with a code screenshot it and post it senpai, I wanna hear more of it.
>>
>>9081965
Yeah he's a pretty cool dude and his music is okay, last year he wound up telling me to get off mk x last year though cause kept kicking everyones ass lol
>>
>>9081981
Yea, but no MK this year though.
He said Supercon staff told him that it wasn't child friendly so it's only Street Fighter I guess.
>>
Wow sold out already
>>
>>9081629
Nice hair let's hang out
>>
It says online today is sold out. Can i still get my ticket at the door.
>>
>>9082029
Sold out there as well. Heard the crowd is pretty upset.
>>
>>9082043
What the fuck it never seels out. Anyone selling thier ticket.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 740x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 740x505
The Metrocon page is like a gold mine of some the cringiest posts I've ever seen.
>>
I'm almost there, I'll let you know what,they say at the window. I'll be be pretty upset if they're turning people away.
>>
I sincerely doubt there's more people today than there was last year.
I think this is the work of some regulation tom-foolery along with the new bag checking policy and weapons check going crazy with zip ties.
>>
>>9082115
Probably lowered max capacity to help a mange security. Only bump they would get in sales would be from the 3 day weekend but even that doesn't account for it being sold out before the doors even open
>>
They're being pretty clear that no more Saturday tickets will be sold here at the door.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Supercon "SOLD OUT" of Saturday only passes. They only have 4 day passes now. Str8 Broder bullshit (owner of this con, look him up)

Anyone want to be a hero and post a photo of current Saturday wristband?
>>
>>9082131
Why do you need a pic of the wristband??
>>
>>9082135
To generate a fake one and keep broder from milking us further.

You're cosplayers. Its not hard to make a paper prop is it?

I helped a lot of friends at mega after that bs Checkpoint clusterfuck after borrowing a pass.
>>
>>9082131
Well that's some grade A bullshit. Been going for years and the entrance always had a line of people up until around 2.
>>
>>9082141
They're plastic my man so add some depth
>>
>>9082131
I'll post the Sunday wristband in in a bit, it's the same as saturday, only pink instead of blue
>>
>>9082231
Here it is gulls, an official Sunday wristband.
>>
File: 20160702_130927.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160702_130927.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>9082272
>>
>>9082131
Saw a kid crying in the parking right down the street and his parents trying to console him. [spoiler] it didnt even cheer me up in the slightest because i was in the same boat [/spoiler]
>>
PARKING AHHHHH
>>
>>9081277
Thanks senpai!!
>>
>>9082291
some construction company took away the parking that used to be right infront of it
>>
Was anybody in the stream room specifically during the time they were playing 7 player Smash Wii U?
>>
>>9082381
I was, but yesterday...
>>
Why the fuck are there suddenly so many free hugs signs? Why did this come back?
>>
Anyone wanna meet up? I'm still here.
>>
I bought my ticket last night just in case so I made it in but this is fucking awful. There are no interesting panels and the layout is still a mess so I'm getting trashed watching over everyone
>>
The fire alarm just went out and everyone is outside in a seriously unsafe mob.
>>
>>9082635
I was outside and went back inside. Someone pulled the fire alarm and broder is here bitching at the security about how this happens every 5 minutes and they can't begin to evacuate every time it happens. Very safe
>>
How was today? Should i be glad im going tommrow?
>>
>>9082688
It was okay, vendors are ass but the artist alley is actually really good this year. And panels are pretty lackluster though.
>>
>>9082726
How are the vendors bad?
>>
>>9082726
Yeah, the vendors are awful. There's nothing good and there's a ton of knockoff stuff. The AA is alright, some of the booths are pretty chill. Other than that, there's nothing else. The panels are terrible
>>
File: IMG_20160702_194424.jpg (2 MB, 3286x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_194424.jpg
2 MB, 3286x2432
Cosplay contest is full holy shit.

(Finger covering lens is intentional)
>>
>>9082752
How do they even let these people sell knockoff crap. Isnt there any quality control?
>>
>>9082782
The contest need to start already or have the super cool MARLINS ENERGY TEAM (instead airhorn and vuvuzela noises) come back and throw out more tshirts.
>>
>>9082798
*insert
>>
>>9082782
Awww damn, I just noticed they are letting people sit in the balcony. I want to bring my fancy gold binoculars and pass judgment on the contestants and the people below me.
>>
>>9082788
Seriously!! It's ridiculous how much knockoff shit there was and the pricing! I'm used to it with figs but Jesus
>>
Thanks border, I too love Yan-deer chan
>>
All of the judges are on their cell phones during the contest. Like I know the judging really happens during prejudging but shit that's disrespectful and not kawaii

And broder is announcing the contestants and I kinda love how totally unenthusiastic he sounds
>>
>>9082818
How do i identify if it is knockoff. Who do i avoid? Are the knockoffs cheaper? Also on a side note are there any card game vendors this year?
>>
>>9082830
Yeah and his jokes are coming off stale making this hard to get through. At least the music is back for the show.
>>
Why is their smoke on stage? are we iight?
>>
Lack of audience applause for the deadpools is hilarious
>>
I was finishing up cleaning at the exhibitor hall and when I went to go to the contest they said it was at max capacity. Yes I'm mad.
>>
Lots of good cosplays and no one fucking claps. The Galaxy 999 one was gorgeous!!!
>>
>>9082842
There are guides on how to tell based on fig so it depends on what you're looking for but it isn't too hard to tell. The Luna/Artemis knockoff purses are $40. cool stuff or whatever has a stand but that's all I saw and they mainly had board games this time
>>
>>9082909
It was! I was surprised someone cosplayed her!!
>>
>>9082918
Meh im just glad im going with people so it wont be all complete shit. I forgot does this venue have an upstairs or is everything just one floor.
>>
>>9082919
I was the only one who woooo'd at her, it was fantastic. The Geralt was also pretty good but no one cared for it either

>>9082923
It has two stories but vendors and artist ally are both in the same space, second floor is panels. It really wasn't worth the 40$
>>
Saw a live stream of the contest. Man has the calibur of Supercon costumes gone down. Of course Temjin's gonna win. Apart from all of his stuff being incredibly theres really no other competition.
>>
>>9082747
Knock off items at way past retail, people selling 15$ shit tier statues for 45$, lack of quality product. I mean I understand it's a con but the prices are ridiculous for most collectibles, prob just the/toy/soldier in me bitching though.
>>
Did anyone else see those insane Bible thumpers outside earlier?
>>
As expected, congrats Ben
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Congrats Temjin! It looked fucking amazing
>>
>>9083028
Not like it was super hard from him. the rest of them look pretty shit
>>
>>9082918
Yeah I have to agree there were a lot of knockoffs this year. Like a ridiculous amount.

There's also less and less comic vendors. Now I feel like there's only the small specialty vendors, I saw very few of the quarter/dollar vendors.
>>
>>9083048
I saw in the program that holy grail comics was the big go to comic vendor? Were there any other notable vendors?
>>
the tap dancers at the variety show are really cool
>>
Are there any good panels tommrow?
>>
Wow i'm glad i didnt bust my ass and wallet to go this year
>>
>>9081623
I'm regretting doing Supercon this year as an artist. Idk if it was the cap that they put on attendance or if it's because we're literally sectioned off on the faaar corner of the convention, but sales have been disapointing. I've done ok but not spectacular, and most of the artists I've talked to have been disappointed as well.
>>
>>9083265
Which artist are you. Ill come by and say hi tommrow
>>
so, uh...
them ravens with the HUGE ravens?
damn

anyone else get shots of them?
>>
>>9082830
The judges were streaming the show through fb cuz the damn building went over capacity... They couldnt let anyone else in and we were locked outside. We ended up watching it online together over the streams. Which was pretty cool! But wish we coulda seen in person...

So not sure about not being kuwaii.. Lol
>>
>>9083320

There was a Cammy with a fucking ass. I damn near fainted.
>>
>>9083320
theyre fucking nasty.
>>
>>9083327
i didn't see her i think. funny enough, with most cons i go to, i cover a ton of floor and see the same cosplay at least 100 times over.

ill see if i can find her tomorrow, otherwise i will have to rely on others to post pics.
>>
>>9083330
eh, i have a fixation towards huge boobers, its my fucking achilles.
>>
>>9083331

She was there on the first day upstairs. Like, goddamn.
>>
>>9083335
ugh, this sucks.
now i want to see dat ass.
i live for this shit and its also great for art purposes as well.
>>
>>9083340

I think everytime I go to a convention it make me feel miserable but at the same time more determined to get fit. maybe I'd get more attention that way in cosplay.
>>
>>9083018
Yeah that was crazy. When I was leaving they were arguing with people and cops were on standby just in case

>>9083320
I also would like to see this. There was also this pasty white vendor with short hair and HUGE boobs in the transition area between the two showrooms
>>
File: 20160702_153529.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160702_153529.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>9083028
>>9083019
>>9082987
Thanks! Holy crap I am exhausted lol. I was in the suit for almost 8 hours today.
>>9082909
>>9082919
I stopped to say to her and compliment her costume. Harlock was my first cosplay. She was happy to get recognized and to meet a fellow fan. Did anyone see that totally on point Battle Angel Alita? She was great. So glad she won something.
>>9083031
I was actually pretty nervous about the Beauty and the Beast group. I thought they had a damn good shot.
>>
>>9083018

What were they saying?
>>
>>9083347
They were calling me and my group of friends racists, and I'm not sure why?

>>9083374
I'm not sure, everyone was booing them so it was a little hard to hear. I think they were calling us devil worshippers for cosplaying.
>>
>>9083018
Jesus, I wanted a Warhammer Space Marine to call them worshipers of the false Emperor.
It's such an amazing opportunity.
>>
Anyone at the rave?
>>
>>9083409
At the burlesque show next door right now. Might head to the rave later!
>>
>>9083410
How is it? The same girls from Geekfest?
>>
>>9083416
No idea yet, they haven't even shown up yet even though it's supposed to be halfway over now.
>>
>>9083418
Holy shit dude that sucks. The rave was lit tho, it's almost over
>>
>>9083429
that sucks
i forgot about the rave, i always enjoy some loud music and grinding with ladies
>>
>>9083434
Same here lol there were so many hot chicks at the rave and some were drunk or tipsy
>>
>>9083373
No dude. Your God tier Cosplay hit it out of the park. Nice some florida cosplayers are humble AND talented though
>>
File: 1.jpg (173 KB, 650x1053) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
173 KB, 650x1053
Actually did my first ever cosplay, I thought I was going to be another nameless rank and file guy but alot of people apparently liked me and a few even had me do a few poses. The only thing I hated was the parking, fuck that shit.
>>
Did this year's panels feel noticeably worse? Not to say there weren't good ones. Also the anime shown weren't very stellar.
>>
Seemed like this year there weren't that many hot or cute guys in cosplay (or out) which sucks. There were a few here and there though at least.
>>9083728
Somewhat right about both, but I liked the panels I went to.
>>
Did that local public school offer free parking again? The one in walking distance from Last year?
>>
Staff at Supercon stole from an artist overnight, they were missing quite a few things after the event was locked down for the night. We're not coming back to this con ever again. Has anyone else been stolen from Sat night too?
>>
>>9084018
Proof?
>>
>>9084018
There were a fuckton of people in the hall past 8 because they were letting people into the Jackie Gleason. I had to stay longer so I could watch my table
>>
>>9084054
They did a count of their stuff and found things were rummaged through and half-taken out of boxes that were packed up. Are you asking if they set up a cam or something to catch them? Because obviously not. Locked rooms are supposed to be locked after hours, and the only ones with access would be staff letting people in, or themselves.
>>
>>9082273
You're the real hero Super Deserves my BRODER~
>>
How is the event today? Less people than yesterday?
>>
Thanks to the purple haired chick who let me cum on her thighs across the street last night. You said you browse cgl so here's to you.
>>
Who else won in the costume contest?
>>
>>9084392
I'm next.
>>
>>9084392
Was it a Psylocke by any chance?
>>
I have seen zero lolitas today, dissapointing.
>>
Anyone else enter the mario kart?
>>
>>9084532
I'd consider myself lucky if I were you. It's incredible how stuck up some of these girls can be; you compliment their coords and they either mutter "thanks" or just ignore you and keep walking. Not all of them were like that, but I wouldn't be exaggerating by saying at least half of the ones I saw were.
>>
>>9084613
I had these two guys outside my booth who wanted to take a picture of a decent cosplay. She agreed but was incredibly scared and ran off after like maybe one picture. I consoled the guys because it was an awkward situation all around. Cool guys though.
>>
Anyone know if the dungeon crawl will be any good?
>>
>>9084669
I've been to it before. It's really interesting especially if you like writing
>>
Overall, I enjoyed Supercon. If Megacon is beginning to reach Dragoncon levels then Supercon is reaching up to be the new Megacon.

I'm not going tomorrow...4th of July Miami Beach traffic and parking = no gracias.

The costume contest was way too long. I watched about 75 contestants and then had to leave to drive home. Later I found out they weren't even done with the novice category when
I left. There need to be strict cut offs for the number of contestants.
>>
>>9084945
>Obscure anime/video game/comic/crossover/OC character
meh

>El Chapo and Publix King
CHEERING THROUGH THE ROOF

I think that's how supervillains are created
>>
>>9082092
It was one of the reasons I left tha t group page. The idiocy and audacity of the con crowd is revolting.
>>
>>9069116
>>9069206
I saw TONS of people with prop guns and weapons, so if you missed out because of muh guns then you ended up doing so for nothing.
>>
>>9084058
Quite certain my stuff was gone through. Pretty sure a few things are missing. NEVER going back! It may be big but it's run like shit and we didn't sell much. Having our stuff stolen from a "secured" vendor room is the last straw.
>>
I forgot to check up on the thread over the weekend, but I feel like last year was better. It was fun running the Smash tournaments though
>>
>>9085894
I wanted to enter but fuck paying $10 just to enter while all other tournaments were cheaper.
>>
>>9085119
fucking Publix guy. On Friday he won in the Runway contest just wearing the uniform and on Saturday he added a staff with a plastic Publix bag and a cape and won something again. What in the literal hell is wrong with the judges? Like I get it, Publix is great and the subs are thebomb.com but that doesn't mean the dude deserves a costume award an a comic convention.
>>
>>9086100
Yeah $10 is alot, we put $5 for pot and the other we use to pay for the space, cause we dont actually work for the con itself
64 is today and is $5 though, i'll be playing on it so root for your boy
>>
File: image.jpg (596 KB, 1242x1731) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
596 KB, 1242x1731
Fresh dramu hot off the shelves
>>
>>9086165
... This has to be a joke right? Like a real Publix uniform? Cause that's not "handmade". Runway it doesn't matter, though it still sounds stupid. Anyone have pics?
>>
>>9086562
Is this in response to anime iwai?

Who are the organizers that Jason are referring too?

What's wrong with cosplay and alcohol?

Gimme the deeeeeeets!
>>
>>9086562
My favorite line snuck in there at the end
>Maybe one day we will be needed again
Jason you aint Batman
>>
>>9086576
Like literally a public uniform with the polo and apron. Dude looked like he just got off his shift.
>>
>>9086577
Yes. This is response to Anime Iwai sending out a newsletter calling themselves a successor to Chibi-pa (which is technically true). Give the Facebook thread a good read. It's great.
>>
>>9086581
Well its Super, the only people who think the contest is hot shit is Toby who was bragging on his Facebook about hundreds of pepole telling him how his contest was better than Megas lmfao. His ego is ridiculous now for being the paper pusher of Super.
>>
>>9086599
LOL SAVAGE
>>
Post pictures/start a picture thread
>>
>>9086625
Honestly, most of the cosplayers were from SU with their paint coming off. Besides Temjin, most weren't impressive.
>>
File: 20160702_174238.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160702_174238.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
Ill post a few shots I managed to snag while in line for the contest. Heres that awesome Gally I saw. She won one of the judges awards.
>>
File: 20160702_182532.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160702_182532.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>9086649
A very nice Maetel from Galaxy Express. She was stoked to get recognized. Give some old school cosplayers some love when you see em people!
>>
File: 20160702_181342.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160702_181342.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>9086655
Not sure what this was from but the armor was nicely done. He said it was made from cardboard impregnated with resin.
>>
File: 20160702_183809.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160702_183809.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>9086658
Peach and Rosalina. The Rosalinas dress had lights in the skirt so it sparkled like a starfield. I was actually really impressed by the wigs they made from craft foam, then coated in glue. Gave it a more interesting cartoony look than just a regular wig.
>>
File: 20160702_181627.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160702_181627.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>9086662
Hellrider costume. The bike was able to break down into two pieces.
>>
File: 20160702_185432.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160702_185432.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>9086667
Dark Magician from Yugioh
>>
File: 20160702_190701.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160702_190701.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>9086670
Genos from OPM.

That's all I was able to get since I was stuck in the suit for the rest of the time mostly. My gf took lots of video but I haven't finished splicing together a decent video of it yet since I am already working on a new costume project.
>>
Cosplayed as the Powerpuff girls with 2 other buds on Friday, we ran into Tara Strong and she took a picture with us. We got pretty lucky
>>
>>9086165
The public guy didn't win anything on Saturday...lol not sure about Friday.
>>
>>9086662
Am I the only one who hates the head pieces? They look stupid as hell.
>>
>>9086739
Yes you are the only one.
>>
>>9086739
Bonus points for effort, but they look weird as hell
>>
>>9086599
Waiting for his boohoo that someone doesn't think he's the god of cosplay competitions. If this was any other event he would be ragging on the Publix guy winning like how he shit talked Mega. Hypocrisy at its best
>>
>>9086739
Not the op or the cosplayers in the photos, but they looked a lot better in person. Every picture I've seen of them looks awful and plasticky, but in real life they were much less shiny and awkward.
>>
>>9086788
Omg the publix guy didn't win the at the Saturday contest...imao
>>
>>9086739
Also saw them in person, they looked much better.
>>
>>9086788
I competed at Fan days megacon contest . They had no prejudging and was completely unorganized and no divisions either. Everyone was just thrown into one catergory.. Not the best place to compete.
>>
File: 20160702_133514.jpg (851 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160702_133514.jpg
851 KB, 2048x1152
Had a great time. Me in the middle.
>>
>>9086801
I didn't say Sat now did I. Guy won on Friday

>>9086814
Fandays in general was unorganized and I'm talking about regular Megacon which had a judged anime portion until this year and he ragged on about for like a week.
>>
>>9086855
Oh man awesome! I saw you walking around!
>>
>>9086599
A wet paper bag contest is better than mega's contest. Toby is seriously going too far. Or those 100 people are retarded and dont know mega has always been shit.
>>
>>9086658
Is that the Atom from the CW DC show?
>>9086662
Unfortunate when things look different in real life versus pictures since pictures last longer.
>>9086667
I keep seeing this and the cotton candy tires bother me. Spray foam was a good idea but also add flames or something. I mean blue was a cool way to go instead of the usual.
>>9086670
Wow this is pretty bad. Mostly cause of too big hat.
>>
>>9086855
ayyy
Loved your routine for the contest. I didn't realize /cgl/ was somewhat popular
>>
I had my merch touched and taken. I know for sure it was rummaged through because boxes were not where I left them and one of my prints was halfway out of the box, with a finger in dent from the thief gripping hard on the paper trying to pull it out. This con is unfortunately a joke. Not only was the setup terrible, the quality of vendors and artists was sad.
>>
>>9086855
Oh shit, I took your picture going up the escalator for my best friend, I was dressed as Solaire of Astora. Nice job, he really dug it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>9086855
>>9087005
Here's the pic.
>>
>>9086955
Most cons in Florida have poor contests and the thing I dislike about Super is people who've won before can reenter to win again in the same shit within the year. Awesome, I love seeing the same cosplay compete in a Brorder show all year long. If your going to jerk off about how amazing and the best Super is then at least don't have the same fucking people in the same fucking cosplays who Toby kisses ass with on fb all the time but that would be expecting more than what Florida standard is :P
>>
>>9086581
> get off shift from publix RIGHT down the street and head to supercon
> win costume contest
>>
>>9086649
Kinda sad I missed the con now. Would have showed up just for Gally
>>
>>9087039
Truth be said... They could re-enter the same thing over and over all they wanted, but none of them are winning for the same thing repeatedly at any broder con. At least not that ive seen the past couple years.

Yes, for audience it can be a bit dull if we'reseeing the same exact costume i suppose... But i think they just keep thinking they have a shot w what they got. Better move on and make something newer/better! :)

On the note u seem to be getting at.. Ive seen costumes elsewhere that keep re-entering at different events and winning. Like 10 awards for the one costume, make a new one already! Milking it a bit much... Lol
>>
>>9086562
This was significantly more interesting before Jason went thru and deleted about half the comments.
>>
>>9087718
I screenshotted them. Ill post them later today when I can get to a computer
>>
File: bailey.png (278 KB, 1426x837) Image search: [Google]
bailey.png
278 KB, 1426x837
>>9087863
>>
>>9087891
Thanks anon! Jason deleted everything negative and blocked anyone who criticized him, but who cares? He's a loser who never had a job and blew his poor wife's money on a failed con.
>>
>>9087899
Np. I didn't grab the comments, but you can pretty much get the idea from the posts
>>
My phone's IP decided to change to a perma'd for the weekend so I couldn't post on here.

It was a solid con, but I wasn't a fan of the Filmore thing. It felt awkward having to walk back and forth, plus I'm actually a fan of the main space being in the dealer's room because I could just pop in, check a panel/guest and if it's shit just keep walking around.

Food was stupidly expensive as usual but those $5 draft prices were great. Kind of upset I didn't see it till Sunday evening.

As another anon said there were so many fucking fakes at the dealers room. I know it's practically impossible to check with a con of this size but I'm tempted to email Broder to set up some type of checking system to deter at least some of the dealers. I think I saw only like 3 booths that had legit nendos out of maybe 20 booths selling them?

On Dana's Monday panel he went more into the Supercon movie thing. He explained the plot and actors. Said Broder and Sandy were probably going to have cameos and some actor was playing Broder/Broder's equivalent in the film.

Cosplay was solid. There seemed to be more annoying douchebags this year. Panels were ok, felt like there were less than last year somewhow. Felt like Dana wasn't into it this year which was disappointing (he's my favourite guest).

Total score: 8/10
>>
Jason can take down comments all damn day, but what he can't delete are one star reviews. Just say'in.
>>
>>9086855
Godammit I was looking for somebody else who used /cgl/ and I sat next to you for like ten minutes. You were awesome. Glad to see /cgl/ is more popular than I figured.
>>
File: 1381638077819.jpg (30 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
1381638077819.jpg
30 KB, 338x338
Any con crushes for any of you this year?
>>
File: IMG_3583.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3583.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I liked this Samus.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-05-14-01-15.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-05-14-01-15.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
Who are these sluts? They're at tons of FL cons. Surely they have a tumblr or something. Any info?
>>
>>9088437
The D.Va with the dewritos was a qt
>>
>>9088518
There were a couple of D.Va's I saw that I just wanted to hug.
>>
>>9088516
gross
>>
>>9088516
How does the skin on their chest not ache? And how would they move any faster than a powerwalk without their breasts gaining enough momentum to separate from the body?
>>
>>9088437
Tons. I need a qt cosplay gf. I need to go to more cons
>>
>>9088549
They are balloons with makeup.
>>
>>9088437
There was a girl who was only there on Sat dressed as Fan from FMA and I was in love. She was so pretty and she was in the Disney pictionary panel and could clearly draw amazingly. Please tell me someone got a photo of her.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.