[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan Expo 2016 : Is there any french here edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 13
File: 798px-Japan_Expo_Logo_2.svg.png (111 KB, 798x1024) Image search: [Google]
798px-Japan_Expo_Logo_2.svg.png
111 KB, 798x1024
7 DAYS LEFT
Anybody coming ?
>>
>>9077106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU-mKsQLWXQ
>>
Reminder to BUY YOUR FUCKING RETURN RER B TICKETS IN THE MORNING

Seriously, last year got ridiculous, what we thought was people waiting for the train was actually a long-ass queue of people waiting to use the 3 ticket machines.

And if you come all 4 days, buy a Navigo Découverte card (5€) at a metro kiosk and charge it with a weekly pass for zones 1-5 (21,25€), and you'll get unlimited transportation in Paris and the extended suburbs. Much better than buying RER tickets (4,35€ x 8 = 34,8€), and this way you can even go towards Roissy airport at the end of the day to catch an empty train.
>>
Last year attendant here. I cannot emphasize it more:

Get a Navigo Découverte beforehand (like, on Wednesday or whatever is the day before you come) or buy the RER B tickets in the MORNING. Else you will wait for a shitfuckload of time. Happened to me 2 years ago, decided not to do the same mistake ever again.

DO TAKE the train towards Charles de Gaulle then catch the empty train rather than going directly towards Paris because of possibly literal thousands of people waiting at the platforms. You will for sure have a seat. Trust me, staying up for minutes fucking hurts and I do not recommend it to anyone. Especially with the Euro happening at the same time, it's just gonna be WORSE. (Finals will be in Stade de France which has a stop on the RER B line.)

Also, brotip: do not forget to prepare the tickets like 2 minutes or so before getting checked because if you don't you will end up slowing the queue down for everyone. It might seem trivial for you but these add up with the forgetful people.
>>
Heh, I don't know.
Last year was really meh, I'm not sure to go this year, plus I don't have any cosplay.
>>
>>9077106
Got my ticket zen,going in with friends.It's the first time im going while not living nearby paris, i think im gonna take the navigo découverte.

Also, for those willing to trade transport time for comfyness id suggest you guys wait and take the 350 toward gare de l'est, pretty ride and few crowded rides.
>>
Do any of you guys will also go to the Paris Comic-con ?
>>
After seeing AX I cannot think of Japan Expo any more than a horrible shitshow in a shithole of a City. Why are french people from paris just so horrible? What has the world done to you?

Are those guys even aware of their reputation?
>>
>>9082270
Don't even bother comparing them, US cons are orders of magnitude better than french ones.
>>
>>9082270
Being invaded by oblivious/obnoxious tourists year-round does that
>>
Only going for the Osomatsu-san cafe desu
Guests are shit this year
>>
>>9082361
>>9082270
Is this bait? Can you back this up with arguments?

>>9083948
We've been accustomed to baffling guests way too much, from tetsuo hara to shigeru miyamoto with c°ute,AKB48, MAWM (which are returning this year). Anything less prestigious is shit compared to the precedent years lineup. Also, the Paris attack didn't help unfortunately.
>>
>>9083956
Yeah, I've heard that one of the reasons for this year's edition being "French Touch" and more focused on French artists is because Japanese editors are reluctant to let authors go to Paris
>>
>>9084120
we still got a good lineup tho. Psycho le cemu, Game freak's director and Fairy tail's mangaka, das sstill good even if not comparable to previous years.
>>
>>9084120
Why? Have there been incidents with them in the past or something?
>>
>>9084319
Nah, it's because of the november terrorist attacks, everyone's been less keen on sending important peoples to france.
>>
>>9084319
And thanks to this I'm not sure if my Dark Souls/Bloodborne cosplay will be accepted.
There are some metalic parts and I'm seriously scared to be rejected.
You can't even bring a soda can.
>>
>>9084611
Depends, if the metallic parts are limited to your armor i think you'll be fine, if it's on your weapon i hope for you than the metallic parts doesn't include the blade or you'll be rejected.

The worst this year is still the limitations on bottles, but we'll have to run with it.
>>
>>9084611
I just checked the list of forbidden items and cans under 50cl are actually allowed !

Regarding metal, here's a translation of what the website says:

"Items made out of metal or having metal parts are forbidden.

Some small metal items or items having small metal parts may be accepted, such as jewellery, closures, corset and bra boning or belt buckles. However, we remind you that security agents will be the sole judges regarding what is allowed to enter the festival or not"
>>
File: IMAG0169.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0169.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>9085460
>>9085593
Yeah I've read it, and the only metallic part is the bolt that makes the weapon rotate.
The weapon itself is made of 2mm thick wood and doesn't actually cut, so I hope it's ok.
>>
>>9085882
Nice weapon ! I'd say it can count as a small part. Have you tried sending a message about it to the Japan Expo FB page ? They've been answering people who had doubts
>>
>>9085952
Thanks !
Yep I send a message, but unfortunately they didn't even bother reading it.
I think it will be ok, but who knows, if the security agent had a bad night, he can kick you off, take your props and destroy them for the sake of "safety" (they said it in their 16 min long video about security rules).
>>
>>9085980
If I remember correctly, that's only if you get caught inside with a clearly unsafe prop (and even then, if you apologize and actually look sorry, they'll just go with you to the cloak room to leave it here)

If you have a prop deemed unsafe at the entrance, you'll have the possibility to leave it at the cloakroom before entering
>>
>>9083956
I have been to both and simply compare it. JE is big, but has no atmosphere, whereas AX still mange to keep a nice flair additionally to the big setup.

Then again, it might just be about the people. Americans are very friendly to foreign visitors, whereas the french people seem to be mainly assholes for no reason. It's funny how this even as become a reputation in so many other countries.

This is by no means meant to be insulting to our fellow french seagulls here, but I really have never encountered so much rudeness in any other country or at any other convention I've ever been to. Can frenchanons explain the reason for this to me?
>>
>>9086187
>Can frenchanons explain the reason for this to me?
JE is too mainstream for his own good. Semi-normies and parisians are smug as fuck.
>>
>>9086187
I don't know anon, I live in Cannes and it will actually be my first time to Paris.
They usually treat non-parisians like shit, so I'll see if it's true.
>>
>>9086187
Im a regular since 2008. If you can greentext your experience id appreciate because it's very different from all of the review and discuss ive had with euros in and outside the con. (last time ive discussed with a dutch fan of DDR, was noice.)

I know for a fact that american and european approach to friendlyness is vastly different from each other and it's especially true concerning the french This guy's channel is pretty informative about it. https://www.youtube.com/user/woltersworld

I must admit tho that the con went more and more mainstream as it's popularity grew. Still, aeras like live stages, maid cafes, cosplay stage and the vidya center are full of old timers and you tend to experience the con culture you have in Paris (Paris always have things called nocturnes where hardline fans gather 'round vidya traditional games and AMV karaoke. most popular one is Epitanime) but you need to know where to go and who to speak to if you want to experience it (doesn't help that there's a language barrier as well)

Either way, Japanese pop culture influenced french mainstream/normies from the 80's til now so every convention will always be packed with them, but id really like to have your experience there greentexted. I went to different cons in Britain, netherlands, China and france.

>>9086349
Si tu vient a Paris avec ce préjugé c'est normal que les gens te traiterons comme de la merde hein. Mais t'en fais pas, Les gens viennent de partout.
>>
>>9087554
Je ne viens avec aucun préjugés, je connais pas personnellement donc je me ferai ma propre opinion. Seulement quand on entend les parisiens parler des "provinciaux", il y a ce sentiment de dédain qui émane d'eux (juste à regarder la vidéo de sécurité quand il dit que 60% sont provinciaux, on sent direct qu'il les traite comme inférieurs).
Mais j'imagine que pour cette occasion ce sera différent et le melting pot empêchera ce genre de choses.
>>
>>9087583
C'est même pas au niveau du melting pot, juste l'ambiance générale et les habitués font que ce genres de choses n'arrivent généralement pas (du moins , j'ai jamais entendus de commentaires du genre.) On est tous la avec les mêmes intérêts, les mêmes envies et la majorité est la pour s'amuser. Rien qu'a voir ceux qui sont la a 6h du mat a chanter le refrain de pokemon et a chauffer l'ambiance dans les files d'attentes. Bref, oublie tes idées et tu verra tu passera un bon moment.
>>
>>9087583
Arrête. C'est les parisiens qui se font cracher dessus 24/7.
Personne ne déteste la province et les provinciaux.
C'est juste que certains finissent par dire des choses qu'ils ne pensent pas en réponse à toutes les insultes qu'on reçoit.

Après le Parisiens n'est pas vraiment aimable, vu que nous vivons une vie de merde dans une ambiance polluée, sollicitée par des connards de clandestins et roms pleurnichards et crasseux. Paris est un aimant à vermine humaine. Malheureusement.
>>
>>9087589
>>9087613
Vous inquiétez pas, je viens seulement pour m'amuser !
Ce sont mes seules vraies vacances de l'année et je compte bien en profiter.
C'est vrai que la France fait vraiment pitié en ce moment, mais j'espère que là bas tout le monde oublira ses soucis !
(D'ailleurs vu que ce sera ma première fois, l'un d'entre vous aurait pas des infos sur les soirées et autres festivités post-convention ? Je trouverai bien des gens là bas qui m'aideront mais si je pouvais ne pas partir à l'aveugle ça serait cool !)
>>
>>9087700
Y'a plein de bars qui font des afters, j'ai pas plus d'infos comme je glande chez un pote plus habitué à la ville mais tu pourrais chercher par là.
>>
Another reminder : if you need to withdraw money at the ATM, do it beforehand. There's like only one or two in Villepinte and the queue to use them is at the very least 30 minutes
>>
>>9087777
Thanks for the tip !
>>9087769
Cimer, je vais regarder de ce coté là.
Mais j'imagine que c'est plus fun si t'as ton costume pour la fête, du coup je me demandais, c'est pas chaud les transports cosplayés ?
Genre moi je serai en armure donc je me demande si ça passe.
>>
>>9087850
Y'a des bars qui font des réductions pour les cosplayeurs et tout !
J'ai jamais eu de problème dans les transports, à part un mec qui voulait "casser du pédé" en me voyant avec mon pote (et on est même pas homo). Il y en aura d'autres de gens en costume de toute façon, les autochtones ont plus ou moins l'habitude et les footeux vont dans la direction opposée.
>>
>>9087857
C'est cool tout ça !
Et j'imagine qu'avec le foot, les principaux "problèmes" seront déplacés.
>>
>>9087872
>Et j'imagine qu'avec le foot, les principaux "problèmes" seront déplacés.
Ouais, il est probable que ce soit eux qui prennent.
>>
>>9087877
Comment ça qui prennent ?
>>
>>9086349
>>9087554
The atmosphere has nothing to do with shitty Parisians, I think Japan Expo is just not really made for meeting people. There is no good place for meeting, and most people don't wear Cosplay / J-Fashion because it is incredible hot there.
>>
File: bruning.jpg (23 KB, 494x494) Image search: [Google]
bruning.jpg
23 KB, 494x494
>mfw I went to Japan Expo last year for the first time and could only go on Thursday bc too poor
>missed the Metal Gear Café some weeks later because I went back to Lyon
>couldn't go to the artist alley because a family member was with me and there were fed up with the con (not only for bad reasons but still) and I was mostly interested in fujoshit things, which would have been super embarrassing
>can't go this year because too poor
Next time I'll go for several days with my friends and more money and I'll have fun. Japex was so huge and interesting compared to the con in Lyon I usually go to (it's called Japan Touch if you're interested, it's way smaller).
>>
Gonna be here.

Anything of value to be seen there ? as a hemafag, gonna see the art martial, but no real idea of what else is not shit.

>>9087583
Souvient toi que des parigot "pur sang" c'est rare. Tout le monde est provinciaux, tout le monde hait paris, mais tout le monde y reste parsque tout ce qui se passe d'important s'y passe.
Comprend l'ambiance de merde.
>>
>>9090036
Pas mal la description.
J'y serai aussi, en Chevalier Déchu de Dark Douls 3 (un chevalier clochard en guenilles).
J'espère que ce sera bien !
>>
>>9090167
Ha, c'est sa le nouveau chevalier dépressif ?

Possibilité qu'on se croise. je serait soit en civil a essayer d'entrer avec une épée d'entrainement d'hema pour taper sur les weaboo, soit en répurgateur de warhammer avec le logo de /tg/ planqué dans un sceau de pureté.
>>
>>9090167
>>9090405
après verif, je vois le bonhomme. Plus armure que guenille, par rapport a la moyenne des autres dark souls.
Tu sera la quel jour ?

Une réunion des seaguls, sa intéresse des gens ?
>>
File: IMG_20160706_231855.jpg (2 MB, 3286x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160706_231855.jpg
2 MB, 3286x2432
Au moins on aura de quoi s'occuper si la fouille prend trois plombes !
>>
How easy it is to pickup french girls at JE?
>>
>>9090036
vidyabooth is nice to visit. masterclasses as well. there's also japanese catch (puroresu) being held.
>>
After 6 years I'm not going anymore. The first time is: "wow, so big" but the fourth time, I realized it was the same shit every time. Last year we planned to go, had tickets for the whole weekend, ended up going there for 3 hours.

No more JE for us.
>>
File: IMAG0177.jpg (993 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0177.jpg
993 KB, 1520x2688
>>9090474
Patater du weeb et de la grosse qui fait "nyaa" c'est le bon plan.
Apres rencontrer des gens c'est toujours cool !
Je serai comme pic related accompagné d'un Deadpool Hello Kitty pendant les 4 jours, ainsi qu'un Twisted Fate pendant le week-end.
>>9090514
Elle est bien ta version ?
>>9090523
Dunno, will try out !
>>
>>9090641
Ma grande tristesse, c'est que j'ai un kit d'armure dark souls related, mais en acier.
Sa passe peinard, même armé, à Provins ou dans des trucs med', mais ici c'est la crise cardiaque a la moindre ferraille, donc bon.
>>
>>9090641

C'est la version du thread "/cgl/ versus Humanity", j'ai pas encore réussi à rejoindre un jeu mais ils ont l'air de s'amuser avec. J'ai juste changé quelques références trop américaines et rajouté des cartes spécifiques au cosplay français
>>
Heh, I went 4 times and I'm bit tired of it.
If you don't intend to buy stuff it's not worth it, the video games are cool but the Paris game week is much better on that regard.

There's a lot of pretty cosplay and nice girls though, but I wouldn't pay just to see that.
>>
Holy shit, just read a Kylo Ren cosplayer grabbed a Daft Punk helmet from Volpin's table and made a run for it, only to get caught by security. Just how did he expect to get away with it ?
What a wild start for the con.
>>
>>9092040
I saw that too.

Ha ha ha Kylo Ren, the shitlord.
>>
So how it is this year?
Anything really interesting and new?
I intend to go on sunday, saw any good cosplay yet, any hot boys and girls?
>>
File: IMG_20160707_133717.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160707_133717.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>
File: IMG_20160707_154554.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160707_154554.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>
File: IMG_20160707_164657.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160707_164657.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>
>>9092131
First day in and it got even more cramped than usual. by 10 it looked like the precedent edition's thursday peak time.

couldn't take any pic but i saw a smokin' hot D.va and umbreon. Steampunk cosplayer were surprisingly absent. didn't stop by the cosplay stage ( waiting for ECG finals). Organisation (in terms of ticket zen) were fast and efficient and i still love the look of disugst of the one day ticket atendee as they see us pass by them :D

in the end, nothing really new but existing things were a bit more interesting and well organised.
>>
>>9092131
Went the afternoon thanks to a very long travel.
Entrance was fast but holy shit it was crowded, and I sweated like hell.
Some people took pics it's actually cool.
>>9092288
I think I saw the D.Va and she was pretty good looking.
Do you stay at one of the nearby hotels ?
>>
ici
>>9090036
>>9090474

>>9090641
Un amputé des 2 jambes et un des prof a essayé de me convaincre de la puissance mystique du "ki".. après une bonne demi heure de discussion j'en ai traduit que gueuler un bon coup peut surprendre un petit instant l'ennemi (avec mon casque d'hema, je doute de l'entendre, mais bon ) et que sa les aide pour leur respiration.

Par contre y'a un type avec un crane chauve, beaucoup plus cool, qui a été très intéressé par mon épée d'entrainement, on a fait un sparring un bon moment avec les machins de chanbara.
Je gagnait avec ma bâtarde contre son simili katana, il gagnait avec katana + main gauche. ( je me serait bien rajouté un bouclier ). Mais c’était très fun.

>>9092131
good cosplays, lot's of normies though so overcrowded.

>>9090641
sera la demain ? je serait en inquisiteur pété de sceau de puretés. Don't un au logo des quatres feuilles, avec les logo implying rigged de mes differents boards.
>>
>>9092601
Je serai en cosplay cet après-midi.
J'ai testé ma résistance à la sueur hier aprem pendant mon tour de repérage et franchement je gère plutôt bien.
Tu les faisais ou tes combats d'épée ? Dans l'espèce de jardin extérieur ?
>>
>>9093167
stand kendo et autres art martiaux.
y'a que le kendo qui semble vraiment faire de sparring.
les autres semblent juste bon a troller.
>>
>>9093167
en tout cas, hesite pas a me contacter, si tu chope un type aussi marron que toi avec les fringues de solomon kane. je vais voir si je peux passer avec une épée en nylon.
>>
>>9092439
nah, im a family friend's house.
>>
>>9093207
Ok mec !
Ce matin je fais un peu de shopping mais cet aprem je rigole plus, full armure et photo avec tous les mecs cosplayés.
>>
The ECG is about to start! Anyone else watching?
>>
Predictions for winners of ecg?
>>
Any chance of finding a streaming to watch the ECG?
>>
>>9094988
I bet Italy wins something. Spanish solo looked quite impressive too
>>
>>9094990

The contest is 60% about performance though so I wouldn't judge just by the costumes.
>>
>>9094997
60%? I thought it was 50/50
>>
>>9095002
It's 40 (costume) and 60 (performance) for ECG, 80 (costume) and 20 (performance) for Eurocosplay, not sure about the other contests.
>>
Anyone go to the splatoon concert?
>>
A girl was streaming the show but the FRENCH NAZIS of the organization stopped her.
>>
File: nazis_epic.png (65 KB, 526x326) Image search: [Google]
nazis_epic.png
65 KB, 526x326
HEIL EPIC
>>
File: nazis_heil_org.png (37 KB, 987x226) Image search: [Google]
nazis_heil_org.png
37 KB, 987x226
The A€ Organiz€r$$$$.
>>
>>9095029

Well this is really the most stupid thing and people should bash them for it. They're organizing an international contest, it's obvious people from around the world, friends, families of the participants will definitely want to cheer for them and watch them performing. They're calling themselves the best and biggest international competition and they won't even allow people from attending countries watch their representatives on stage.
>>
>>9095034
WCS and EuroCosplay stream their shows, why not ECG?
>>
>>9095004
It is 50/50. I just looked up the rules. It's CCCC that is 60% performance.
>>
>>9095060

You're right, my bad! Still, what I meant is that a good costume isn't enough if you can't prove yourself on stage.
>>
>>9095034
>>9095042
This.
The organizers are a bunch of idiots. They try to make this THE European cosplay championship and then they refuse to let people in participating countrys watch it and cheer for their teams?
Streaming, and a good one, would just take the competion to a new level of internacional importance and motivate the cosplayers to present an even better show

I really don't know what they expect to gain from this ban on streaming
>>
>>9095063
So while we can't watch a stream... anyone want to fill us in on how the show is looking? Any stand out performances/costumes?
>>
>>9095063

It's probably all because of money. Correct me if I'm wrong but someone on Twitter said they sell a separate ticket thete just to watch ECG, so you have to pay extra if you're on the con and want to watch the show.
Probably the reason they don't want the stream.
>>
>>9095067

None of the group performances stand out for me, some were really good but it's not like any particular one stuck to me. For solos, Davy Jones and Katniss were amazing.
>>
>>9095067
https://twitter.com/escosplay
>>
>>9095068
Really? The first years ECG was included in the ticket, if I remember correctly you only paid extra for the concert.
>>
>>9095068
I would also have to buy an expensive as hell ticket if I wanted to watch tomorow's Eurocup final in the stadium. That doesn't mean that they won't show it on tv for people all arround Europe and the world

Watching an event live or trasmited via camera are totally different things. People wouldn't stop going to the show if it was streamed, it would just allow people who are miles away to keep up with it. It would probably make it even more popular and more people would want to enter, which would increase the quality of the show
>>
>>9095067
The best costumes imo were from the UK group but they were very big (especially Warwick) and didn't allow a lot of movement so the skit wasn't very impressive, even though it was still better than most "big costume skits" I've seen before
>>
>>9095093

The Warwick cosplayer didn't make the costume herself. It was reported but organizers ignored it :)
>>
File: Cm7KriIWcAEkSTR.jpg (118 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Cm7KriIWcAEkSTR.jpg
118 KB, 1200x900
>>9095093
UK group from League of Legends
>>
>>9095093
Exactly what >>9095095 said. The Warwick cosplay was made at Artyfakes (an overly expensive UK prop company) with the claim that the costume was too big to store at home. She didn't make the cosplay on her own which is super evident when you compare her extremely average prelim cosplay to her finals cosplay.
>>
Solos:
1st France
2nd Spain
3rd UK
>>
How strange, france winning in france.

Vive là france!
>>
>>9095108
Groups:
1st France
2nd Finland
3rd Romania

Wig award: Denmark Solo (Ursula)
Makeup: Spain solo (Davy Jones)
>>
>>9095113
Not one BUT TWO categories. It's ECG if France doesn't win a thing every single year.
>>
>>9095099
But isn't she one of the people who works at Artyfakes? What's wrong with using their workshop?
I mean, if I had a spacious well equiped workshop to work on my cosplays I wouldn't be sewing at my kitchen table or making a mess spray painting shit on my balcony...
>>
>>9095132

I watched their stream and she wasn't doing the cosplay herself.
>>
>>9095132
UK qualified for the finals in September 2015. She didn't start working at Artyfakes until many months into 2016.
>>
>>9095113
French teams are already in the podium before the competition even starts, they just need to see if they are good enough to pass as champions or if it would be overly suspicious an in that case they will place them 2nd or 3rd.
Since this year there was no mind blowing acts and the french representatives were good enough they won both categories
>>
>>9095143
I think judges are easily influenced by audience reaction and if 99% of the hall is French of course they'll get the best reaction. So I don't think it's rigged, especially when only 1 judge was French and another was Danish.
>>
File: IMAG0233.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0233.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
The real winner is still this magnificent Bismarck.
>>
>>9095150

It's really weird for me everytime I see a contest like this taking European cosplayers, especially from the countries participating, to judge European competiton. Look Eurocosplay. They always have the judges from other continents, someone from USA or Canada, Japan, Korea, China etc. That's how it should work.

What's even worse, they're taking past ECG winners to judge in the next years. Like, seriously? I won't be putting names here but one of the judges from past years is a friend of mine who earlier took a part as the represesentative herself and she said herself she won't be able to properly judge our representatives. The best they could do was if they were taking people who can't possibly personally know the cosplayers participating (like, someone from USA, they had Volpin this year but that is not enough), and if not that, at least not people who placed on ECG before.

That's simply stupid and unfair.
>>
>>9095143

There were some really good acts definitely much better than french, considering they didn't have costumes that superior comparing to the others they shouldn't have won. I can understand the group category, but the solo World of Warcraft costume was pretty badly made and the act wasn't anything special either.

The problem is, they are never really seem to judge performance equally to the costume even though that's what the rules say.
>>
>>9095174
They have to judge them the same. Performance and costume are judged via a point system with both having the same max number of points being given. I just think it's harder to score high in performance because everyone likes different things. A good cosplay is a good cosplay and all the judges points will generally match up. But performance points can vary judge to judge.
>>
>>9093167
>>9093299
Pas trouvé.
Un rendez vous demain ? Des gens intéressé pour ?
>>
>>9095184

Maybe it's this year, and maybe it was the last year, but the first few "seasons" they didn't even have a proper judging session, the judges were watching the costumes backstage by walking between the people and asking questions, they weren't giving any points and the organizers weren't even able to show people the scores after the contest. Say EC - the full list with detailed points is up for anyone intrested after the contest. Here it's just that they announce first three places and that's it.

As I said this might have changed in the past two years but before - it was nothing like you said.

But of course I get the point, though I can't really agree, not everyone can judge properly, and for some good cosplay is equal to enourmous armor, no matter how shitty done, while some others can easily judge the technical aspects of any costume.
>>
>>9095187
Demain j'y serai que le matin et probablement un peu bourré pour profiter des gens bizzares et m'amuser avec les groupes chelous.
J'ai mon avion l'aprem à Roissy donc faut que je parte pas trop tard
>>
>>9095193
un endroit ou un moment particulier ou je peux etre sur de te choper ?
>>
>>9095189
It's a shame that Eurocosplay has such a shity stage and therefore places so little importance on performance because otherwise it would be definitly the better contest, it even includes more countries

ECG puts on a better show and that's why everyone loves it the most (myself included) but the judging is so shady every year...
>>
>>9095198
Le jardin intérieur ou y'a les bancs, j'y serai sûrement.
>>
>>9095222
nice trips.

either way id say the judging is akinn to the general organisation of the expo. even though i feel it improveed (a little)
>>
>>9095222
only this year?

Please...
>>
>>9095143

Rigged contest, as usual.

Nothing new under the Sun
>>
This was the first time I visited Japan Expo (or anything this size really) and I have to say that I am really impressed by the size, the quality of the fan artists and doujin groups (I am used to really amateurish stuff at smaller cons). Official big name game stands were amazing and you never see that kind of stuff at small cons either.

For how many people there are the toilets, logistics and waiting times are all pretty well arranged. I expected it to be way worse.

I'm not really a fan of the pricing of the food, but they have to make revenue somehow... can't blame them.

The thing that bothered me the most was the weather I guess. I hope tomorrow I can get some good prices on goods.
>>
>>9095096
how big is that fucking hell?
>>
File: 1433124077447.jpg (69 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1433124077447.jpg
69 KB, 722x349
>Won't be able to go this year
Fuck
One year is too much to wait, they should do JE twice a year.
>>
>>9095388
What the fuck the weather?
It was sunny and hot as hell for the 3 days.
You wanted rain ?
>>
>>9095143
They must have hated when UK were the first to get a double win at ECG before France and they couldn't legitimise rigging it enough
>>
>>9095513
it will never happen again though. Those three that won are the uk's only decent cosplayers
>>
>>9095534
So the one that just won 2nd?
>>
>>9095608
3rd.
>>
>>9095448
A little bit colder would have been nice.
>>
>>9095087
XD looool

They're not the same, moron.
>>
>>9095422
Go to the one in Marseille, it's in April usually iirc. It's still a lot of months to wait but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>9095534

You must be one of them because well, they're good but I wouldn't say one of the best not to mention "only decent" lol. We have a lot of really good cosplayers and I wouldn't say those who won 1st places back then are much above average. Especially that the Moulin Rouge cosplayer also had more help that I'd say fits the contest rules with her costume, if you know what I mean and you probably do ^^
>>
>>9096124
I live in the north, so Marseille is a bit far just for a con.
>>
>>9096176
>not much above average
I wouldn't say Laura, who literally makes costumes for movies/games for a living and has a degree related to costume design is barely above average. You only need to look at the wip of those 3 to see how good their work is.
>>
>>9096176
Help? All her progress is on her page.
>>
Just few corrections:
no, you don't pay additionnal fees to watch ecg contest, all shows are already include in the ticket entrance.
It's quiet difficult and expensive not having juges from participants country, but still, out of 5 juges, 3 were from non participant country, volpin(usa), yegene(thailand) and yeon(korea).
As for the ecg live streaming, it's a matter of money(how surprising) and exclusivity. Ecg is mostly financed by sponsors, not sefa(japan expo organisation) and have to show numbers at the end of the event. Keeping exclusivity of the show to boost youtube views is apparently their marketing strategy. So they are nazy over wild streaming.
I didn't watch the ecg finals, just saw the solo costume and props, so can't say shit about the podium. I know that France always place but, don't be unfair, usually they own it...
>>
>>9096176
i'm really not lol. Those three are actual professional costume makers who wouldn't care about cgl. 'wouldn't say they are much above average' mmmmmkay
>>
>>9096411
WCS is also mainly made by sponsors and they still live stream and speaking about podium there was only one year that I could say it was really fair and they deserve it wich was season 3, and I think last season they also deserved it but the mid skit was boring.
>>
>>9096085
it's the same in terms of being a well known contest/sport, but with different public targets, moron
>>
>>9096236

Lol and people like this participante in contests? IDK if more stupid or greedy but still why would a person who proffesionally do this for living compete with amateurs what the f you should know when to stop
>>
So the new French ECG team copied last year's Danish team's skit. How do we feel about that, cgl?
>>
>>9096619
video? i saw they did the same costumes but didn't see the performance

>>9096601
or maybe they like performing and getting on stage? ECG isn't really an 'amateur' competition anyway
>>
>>9096601
They are also the UK WCS team this year.
>>
>>9096485
You people are nuts. Lex (Moulin Rouge) isn't a professional costume maker, neither is Enja (Loki). Laura Sindall is the only one who makes costumes professionally and she only started doing that in the past couple of years.
>>
>>9096679
Only one person called all three professionals. Though I doubt Laura would be willing to team up the other two (Enja for ECG and Lex for WCS) if they weren't close to her level as she could just compete solo in most competitions.
>>
>>9096680
Maybe she just likes competing with her friends
>>
>>9096680
>>9096679

I didn't know these people until now, just checked their fanpages and maybe it's their poor costume choices but if that's the best UK can do then the cosplay lvl there is really low lol
>>
>>9096712
Their craftsmanship level is always stunning when they post progress pictures. None of them are that active though or care about professional pictures/keeping a nice looking page so they probably don't look that impressive compared to other top cosplayers.

You're right though. The Uk cosplay level in general is quite low.
>>
>>9096722

I've never said they're bad, I looked through their progress pics and everything seems nice and clean looking but I wouldn't call it super impressive and I don't know that many UK cosplayers but it's not like any of these three stand out.

I actually remember seeing that Ravena cosplay before and was disappointed because the upper part of the costume was looking decend but the bottom was really poorly done.
>>
>>9096743
the skirt looked identical to the actual costume though
>>
>>9095068
Nobody has to pay extra to watch ECG.

The new thing is that thi year people that buy the Zen ticket can get places closer to the podium.

Those Zen tickets exist longer than th ECG does, basically it gets you inside the con sooner, you have more chances to have a good spot for signing sessions, you have extra goodies etc
>>
>>9095169
there was only one french judge, and only 2 european judges in total of those 5.
Get your facts straight :)
>>
>>9096619
'copied'

Only the first part (10-25 seconds roughly) is the same because it's audio taken from the movie. After that those are 2 completely different skits that only have the charachters in common
>>
>>9097822
You don't even need the passes to get a good spot, I was seated in the row right next to the jury table and I had normal tickets. The trick is to get there early and to be fast
>>
>>9096619
>>9096655
>>9097840

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKnMkTBaa7Y
Danish ECG preliminary video - just putting it out there
>>
>>9098147
yeah i know that one, i wanna see this years though
>>
did anyone go see cheekypa on sunday?? i wanted to punch that shirtless idiot who kept shouting "mariya" at random points (not in the way that the fans did) and that chick who kept screaming. way to ruin an emotional concert ggwp
>>
>>9098205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFaM8wm9eFo&list=PLI8fjobazE8hj1Xz5OFXxFawKU3vA5y5J&index=1
This year's.
I'm pretty shocked, that's really similar, I thought anon was just a hater but now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>9098769
>>9098147

Does Japan Expo know about this? Did someone tell them? That's pretty damn bad if word gets out that the organizing country lets plagiarism go amok.
Did someone tell the Danish girls (ha!) that France stole their skit, too?
>>
>>9098769
ok WOW i'll eat my words. That's the exact same skit. Literally even the same dance movements. They're not even an amazingly good kili and fili :/
>>
>>9099050
One of the danish girls were the judge for ECG this year. So big chance is that she saw it live
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.