[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think its possible for a con's reputation to tank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Do you think its possible for a con's reputation to tank or do poorly despite the fact the con itself does everything right?

Sac Anime is looked down here and the community. However the con draws good guests, runs on time, getting information is easy, badges and other registration areas run smoothly.

On paper the con should be doing decently or at least looked favorably upon. Some of the best cons out there are the best due to the fact that con staff doesn't shit itself and just provides a pleasant experience.

Sac Anime appears to be doing just that and goes above and beyond in certain areas yet no one seems to care about it. Why so?
>>
Because it's a local con that mostly just brings in local people, which, if you know Sacramento and the central valley, isn't saying much.

It's kind of the opposite of fanime, which will always do well despite the con itself being an utter trainwreck. Despite the con itself, fanime brings in a lot of people, parties, socializing, and fun times that are not dependent on the con itself. Sacanime is the opposite of that.

If it can get itself out of this rut and somehow attract attendees other that 15-year-old's-from-tumblr, I can see it becoming a little more like fanime and a little more fun.
>>
>>9066711
how would sac do that? It seems it does a lot of things that fanime programming does (minus 24 hour con hours) pairing with timely updates and staff that is not super pants on head stupid.

It seems like a lot of issues that sac anime has: young people, tumblr tier panels etc. would be fixed simply if more older people entered.
>>
No one wants to go to Sacramento. That's going to be its main problem til the end of time
>>
>>9066711
A note on this.
It's not the con that makes the con, it's the people.
I haven't gone to Sacanime to know that the same people I deal with in the local bdsm scene will be the same people in the local theatrical scene will be the same people at the con with handfuls here are there of stable decent folk.
Bdsm isn't a misnomer for being shit, neither is performance art/ local artists, it's just the carry overs that are the issue, and they dominate the scenes they ruin.
>>
>>9066991
Sacramento is a decent place it's just not flashy, and all the fun stuff is spread out farther than a visitor wants to travel.
Great area for craft beer and cheap delicious eats. If you don't know a local that /doesn't/ have a chip on thier shoulder, it's hard to see the value.
No point arguing about it, is what it is.
>>
>>9066551
>good guest
I bet you liked Dr. Who you assfat tumblrina.
Seriously though don't fucking bring non-anime to an anime convention.
>>
>>9067019
But it has all these English voice actors. Kids love English VAs!
>>
File: 1434894443853s.jpg (5 KB, 120x125) Image search: [Google]
1434894443853s.jpg
5 KB, 120x125
You could say that SAC Anime is hitting
>the sac
>>
>>9066983
I honestly think it might be a location issue. The biggest and most popular cons are all located in huge metropolitan areas (San Jose is debatable but being in the bay area alone gives it an edge). Like the other anon said, no one wants to go to Sacramento. It's a little unjustified, sure, since downtown Sac is as decent a place as any, but unless you're a local or know someone who is, you're not gonna know that.

I think sacanime is short our comfortable where it is. If it wants a jump in attendance, it needs to do something big to bring in people outside of sac/the valley, but it's been cruising on the same decent-but-not-amazing guests for the last three years
>>
>>9067176
it's also two hours to get there for a lot of the people in the bay area which doesn't help it any
>>
>>9067182
>2 hours
Maybe if you go the speed limit, you old biddy.
It's 1 hour, 1:30 if there's rush traffic.
>>
>>9067176
I don't mind downtown sac since it isnt the worst place I've been to. Downtown LA is shit. What I do hate is the shitty building they use for the con. Navigating it is like navigating a dungeon.
>>
>>9067312
The Sacramento Convention center? Or one of the old locations?
>>
Well the site needs a huge revamp. Other than updates on VA who are coming it hasn't updated dick in months.

The masquerade rules are from the OLD hotel location still and aren't even used.

Also masquerade registration is open and they didn't bother to post on it.
If it didn't require driving to sac I would volenteer to help plan the cosplay shit cause fuck the sure as shit don't update dick. Meet ups have had sign ups for months and no one has gotten a email about it at all (on if they got a slot or not)

They need to take over all of the convention center, especially in summer. Instead they shuffle it to the side of the Greek Festival. Maybe set aside a area for more adult panels and late night shit (other than rave n shit music)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.