[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: lolichins.png (138 KB, 352x444) Image search: [Google]
lolichins.png
138 KB, 352x444
Post feels. They can be happy, sad, whatever. As long as they're cgl related.

Previous thread. >>9059610
>>
I was so excited for Anime Blues Con, but then my dog died. Some rando ran him over. I don't wanna go to con now.
>>
>>9065712

My very first lolita dress arrived!

>tfw holy shit how do I coord
>>
I'm getting really frustrated waiting for NYCC to announce their ticket sales, even though I know it's going to be a chaotic clusterfuck, and I'll be lucky to get even one day pass again.

The whole con has become a mess, but I've just gotten so old, and don't find traveling 3+ hours to other cons and/or having to stay overnight fun anymore. I still love making cosplays, but I hate the lack of local opportunities to show them off.

I really want to work on a new costume, but if I can't get tickets, I feel like all of the work would be for nothing, as it's pretty much the only con I go to nowadays. I suppose I would end up with one extra snazzy Halloween costume though, so that's a possible consolation?
>>
File: 1464742005178.jpg (50 KB, 305x683) Image search: [Google]
1464742005178.jpg
50 KB, 305x683
>>9065712
>work cutting hours storewide
>will be harder to save for both university AND cons
>would look for another job if i didn't live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
>travel to nearest city alone is a fortune
>obviously going to have to prioritize the former
>still sad since conventions and cosplaying helps me connect with people
>>
File: okami.jpg (547 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
okami.jpg
547 KB, 800x533
>>9065725
I'm sorry anon. That really sucks.
>>
>>9065795
ugh i know how you feel. it's like you want to be able to do both but responsibility takes priority and everything fucking sucks.
>>
Well, I'm finally moving into a house after living in a hotel for a month. This entire month, I've been making wishlists and budgeting for lolita and my j-fashion wardrobe. Since its the summer, I try and work a lot so I can eventually become as good as the people that I've seen posted here. I'm very optimistic about the future thanks to people telling stories about their hardships with money, and their lives as well.

This board really makes me feel like I belong somewhere, and that I can achieve my lolita dreams if I work hard enough. So, thank you for that.
>>
File: 1412034795558.png (62 KB, 237x198) Image search: [Google]
1412034795558.png
62 KB, 237x198
>infamous due to being very loud, young and dumb several years back
>take all this negative feedback to improve myself, my coords and become a better person (which was hard considering people were so rude- not to say i didn't deserve it)
>years later
>friend talks me up to go to a meetup saying everyone most likely forgot about it and I'm pretty cool now so it shouldn't matter
>hang out with a girl who is pretty cool, exchange numbers
>have pictures taken of me just to be posted to Ita threads nitpicking years later plus a few secrets saying how they wish i never came
>get banned from several communities because they recognized who I was
>girl who's number I got immediatly blocks me after BTB saturday secrets featuring me
>get banned from several communities (including some states away) because of this

Well folks, being into Lolita was one hell of a ride. Was something magical for me as a teen but once your reputation gets bad enough, you can never fix it. I guess I'll be doing a closet cleanout this year.

I kind of feel torn, upset that I dissapointed my dreams of wearing lolita all the time, upset that I now hold a dislike for lolita due to how shitty everyone was towards me- some things I can understand because I was awful but the stalking, death, and rape threats... no.
torn that I'll be selling something that I used to hold so dearly to me to the very same community that was awful to me. Its a weird feel.
>>
Partner got mad at me for something last night I don't recall doing because I was so tired I was barely conscious. Decided to inform me that I will have zero support from them going to the convention. Which it's pretty impossible to go without mutual agreement and working together and making sure everything is taken care of plus I stopped working a few months ago. Grand... Just so pissed. My cosplay is 80% done, no less.
>>
>lost 40 pounds (and counting) over the past several months
>lowest weight I've been in 10 years
>my dresses fit wonderfully, even the ones I had lost all hope ever wearing again
>for the first time in a very long time, I feel genuinely beautiful
>>
>>9065769
>tfw holy shit how do I coord
It's not too difficult, though it might be a learning process if you aren't familiar with fashion in general. I can't give you tips other than simply looking for things that match or compliment your main piece, not without knowing what your main piece is or what you look like, but don't stress about it too much. Remember that it's fashion, you're aiming to achieve a certain look and express yourself so don't worry too much about getting things wrong on your first attempts. Mistakes can only help you improve in the future, you know.
Look at pictures of other lolitas to get ideas and inspiration and when in doubt ask in the coord help thread.
>>
>>9066066
That's too bad, anon. Can't you wear your dresses on your free time, outside of meets? Or did the negative experience tarnish it for you to the point where you can't wear the style at all anymore?
>>
>>9066111
>Or did the negative experience tarnish it for you to the point where you can't wear the style at all anymore
that's what happened. I have a dress I really like that I'll save for conventions, but outside of that my general love for things has been destroyed, even looking at the burando in my closet brings up bad memories. Honestly, I had to wait years to post this feel since everyone would call out who I was and shit talk me when I tried posting it a long while ago earlier.
>>
>>9066104

Thanks for the kind words anon :) I meant more in the way that there are so many options and fun things to do it's a bit overwhelming in a good way.
>>
>>9066124
Dang. Well, I don't know who you are or what you did but I hope you can put all of this behind you and move on to something better.
>>
>>9066129
Ah that's great, then! Best of luck to you, anon!
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 604x438
>mfw I found out my boyfriend and I hate the same person for different reasons (we're into vastly different hobbies)
>said person is a gull
>>
>>9066066
Try contacting mods of your comm, ask your friend who wanted you to come back to also write them. Maybe if you explain that you know what your mistakes were, and you just wanted another chance to start over and do better...people are never quick to let go of their past experiences with a person, but you have to show them the ways you've changed. Show them you're improving and ask to make amends. They'll probably eventually give you a chance and forgive you for past behavior if they know you're working on it. And if not, just be happy with your true friend who invited you back. You two dress up and hang out. You don't need a super unforgiving comm who doesn't appreciate your company.
>>
>>9066319
Oops...saw the second post that your love for the fashion has been tarnished after I wrote this. I'm so sorry anon. I hope you find a new hobby that gives you joy and a community that accepts and appreciates you.
>>
i'm a comedian and my career has really gone up in the past year. but if anyone found out i wear lolita, they would not get it and/or make fun of me. i'm actually super self conscious and awkward despite my high energy persona... it's just been really crazy for me recently, but i'm rolling with the flow
>>
>be me
>be bipolar
>have manic episode
>buy so much brand
>when its over, realize how much i actually dislike ap
>and my bank account is unhappy
>now i have to wear all this kawaii crap
>i'm not even a sweet lolita
>why brain why
>>
>>9066409
>comedian
>actually super self conscious
... do you think you're fooling anyone into thinking otherwise?
That's like saying
>model
>actually aware of appearance
>>
File: giphy.gif (617 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
617 KB, 500x270
>do slave work all day just to afford burando
>worked 10 hrs today
>8 the day before, 7 the day before that
>incredibly physical job and I have to wear a polo and thick ass cargo pants + utilikilt which end up being super clammy by the end of the day
>standing for more than 2 minutes is painful because my back and legs hurt so fucking much all the time
>can't quit because I can't get any other job
>can't wear lolita because I'm too tired for meets

As soon as I come home I crash onto my bed and sleep until midnight, then I get up and have a little snack, and then I go back to bed until the next day when I have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go back to work again. This job has taken everything from me and I can't enjoy anything anymore, I'm always pissed off and tired and nobody wants to hang out with me anymore. I can't even enjoy my one hobby.
>>
>>9066444
Just out of curiosity, but what is your job?
>>
>>9066425
It's better to poke fun at yourself and laugh first than to have others do it. That's why they say the funniest people are actually the most depressed. Humor is a way to cope with anxiety too.
>>
>>9066593
Housekeeper/maintenance grunt. Basically doing everything from heavy lifting and fixing equipment to cleaning up piss and vomit.
>>
Prob won't go to Otakon this year because not enuff monies but I'll hope to have monies to make it to it next year or Katsucon next year. Never been to a con. Hope to work over my chickenshit shyness. While the horndog in me likes those scandalous stories of conventions it'd really just be fun to be able to embrace being a nerd in an environment where there's little chance of feeling out of place for doing so or feel a need to posture and hide it, and to meet nice folks and hang out with them.

Like the idea of cosplay since it'd be a nice ice breaker but can't think of something managably easy to do. Love Ornstein but that's too tough. Can't think of anything in DS3 that I really liked the look of and was iconic. Was thinking maybe advent stun lancer assuming xcom is known enough that it's not just "generic sci fi dude". I wish I was more weeb as then there'd be lots of stuff that leaps to mind. Sure I'll figger something in time for Katsu.

>>9065725

Sorry bud. Just remember good times you gave that doggo. It was too short surely but he/she had a live full of love and comfort and happiness thanks to you. When you've grieved and time has passed I hope you'll find a new doggo to welcome into your life and give a happy loving home.

>>9066444

Hope you can find new jerb. Is there any chance you can scale back the work and just sacrifice getting any burando for awhile? Your health gotta come first and not getting to go to any meets or hang out with anyone is going to hurt your emotional well being
>>
File: 100029757564.gif (628 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
100029757564.gif
628 KB, 500x281
>High school level drama in department
>Figure out it is a mixture of one friend being a huge elitest asshole, which is nothing new, and some random girl trying to start shit.
>Didn't even realize there was drama until people start complaining to me
>Get asked to mediate in some stupid sit down with main group of people in my year from the department for whatever reason.
>Issue basically waters down to the teachers play favorites with a specific group of students, who wind up getting more exposure from it.
>This group is also really cliquey and hang out a lot outside of class. I tend to just float between multiple groups of friends.
>Friends from complaining group tell me that main instigator for them is this random girl who I had never seen or heard of before. She is super jealous of the popular group and constantly starts shit.
>Get told that she hates my guts and is constantly starting rumors about me. Apparently she believes me to be the Regina George of the department; the Queen Bee who all the teachers love and constantly getting opportunities from teachers.
>I am a socially anxious NEET who has a lot of friends but opts to go home and watch anime and do face masks on Friday nights, instead of going out to parties.
>Barely recognize girl as some random chick I offered to eat dinner with my friend group during a class break because she was the only person in class with no friends. She declined and ate alone each time so I stopped offering.

I could care less, but I also don't understand how this random person I've pretty much never interacted with has such a wrong impression of me, and furiously hates my existence? I've never been the evil Queen Bee before, it's definitely a novel experience. My asshole ringleader of the popular kids friend is mad though because he has this thing about being top dog in class and socially. I still find it funny that she thinks I'm going to the pub with teachers and A listers when I'm just sitting home alone most of the time.
>>
>>9066621
Oh god, I feel you anon. Kind of different but I stock automotive parts. My uniform has heavy ass work boots, pants and a polo. If it was over a certain temperature, guys used to be allowed to wear cargo shorts, but they changed it back to just pants for whatever reason? Of course girls were never allowed to wear cargo shorts, the 5 inches of calf shown would be much too risque. It's super dumb. But between the angry customers, stupid upper management who understaffs, I'm so tired from being on my feet 8+ hours a day with only one break, that I just go home and crash. It's hard for me to work on cosplay or have a social life when I'm so physically exhausted. I've been doing this since I was 17 though, so I'm used to it. I'm usually good when I come home until about 10 or 11pm.
>>
I just bought my first lucky pack
I never really had the money before to buy anything except for one low value (<$40) item per month but now I've been making a lot and can splurge a little
>>
File: mana bless.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mana bless.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>9066682
That's great, anon! May your first lucky pack be a very lucky one!
>>
File: l-unamused-puppy.jpg (118 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
l-unamused-puppy.jpg
118 KB, 580x386
>Talking to bf about how I don't enjoy cons or cosplay anymore
>Making cosplays stresses me out so much and I still feel so ugly in them
>There's always someone prettier and more talented than me and it makes me miserable
>Instead of accepting that this hobby no longer makes me happy he tries to encourage me to do more since I make both our cosplays
>mfw

I just want to relax and have money for things that actually make me happy now, cosplay and conventions are expensive and I'm left with no leftover cash to do things I actually want to.
>>
>>9066651
Yeah, I'm quite new to this you see. Others tell me it'll take several months to get used to it, but I just got hired in the middle of holiday season so we're over our heads with work. On top of that, lugging those big trolleys around is tough because they only move in one direction so unless you know what you're doing you always end up crashing into a wall and the corridors are so tiny and often have big slopes.

The worst part is they won't let me work alone yet so I always have someone breathing down my neck and arranging the trolleys to suit them which always ends up messy because I'm with a different person every day and they all do things differently and think their way is the best. So when I start doing it one way, someone else comes along and tells me it's actually completely wrong and I should be doing it the 'right' (their) way. Also they always make me do the shit they don't like which is the most physically taxing. Most of them don't even speak English well so they can't explain worth a damn.

/rant

By the time I get home I'm so tired of their antics that I want to strangle something.
>>
>friend asks if I could do a review on some dresses I own that she's interested in
>don't mind since I like to research before I buy too
>list is a sizeable amount of dresses...
>takes 2 days, but I had nothing better to do
>do a long ass, photo heavy post discussing fit, quality, features, etc
>friend says "thanks! I'm going to get the replicas of them but I wanted to know how they were first"
>humblebrag that the quality and fit of a replica might be different than what I wrote out because mine are real
>friend gets offended and calls me a brand whore. Argues that "replicas are just as good if not better than the real deal because they're cheaper and can fit me" and that I'm fat shaming her and I'm picking on her because "not everyone can afford burando"

Erm, what just happened? I'm not particularly against replicas, but this was just...wow.
>>
>>9066701
Persevere, anon! Soon you will be able to do it on your own and whatever way works best for you. I'd suggest at least lining up a show you want to watch, or buying yourself a little gift each month, just to give you something to look forward to every day.

Last week I would come home and watch an episode of Voltron while I ate, before I went to bed. It helped me power through everyone's bullshit because I was super excited to watch a new episode that night.

Are you saving up for school as well? Or just tiding yourself over and you figure things out?
>>
>>9066691

What do you wanna do instead nigga? Does he know what? Maybe just take a break from it and do other stuff for awhile.

And bear in mind he's not necessarily doing that from some cynical point of view for wanting you to do his costumes still, but rather probably that he thinks you still enjoy it at its core and he just wants you to overcome your hangups and anxieties about it. I might be totally wrong but unless he's a putz it's probably more just the usual bland but well intentioned encouragement most people will do for a friend or partner feeling down.

It also helps when someone recognizes your work as great even if you compare yourself to others you feel are better. So he might think that will help you.
>>
File: image.gif (503 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
503 KB, 250x188
>be into lolita fashion and cosplay
>making all these plans, needing to spend a lot of money to make them work bc I'm a people pleaser
>already existing spending problem

Best part is I think my friends are catching on and I think they are starting to hate me for it. I'm so ashamed of myself.
>>
>>9066717
I have other hobbies like figure and doll collecting, and we're trying to save up for our own place (both still young people living at home)
I've expressed to him a lot over the course of the last year that I'm having less and less fun doing this but he seems to be still enjoying it. I've also been into cosplay since I was about 12 and he only really got into it when we started dating, so he's not as jaded or tired of the scene as I am.
>>
File: Crybender.gif (2 MB, 475x268) Image search: [Google]
Crybender.gif
2 MB, 475x268
>dress you have had a bleeding heart for comes up twice this week
>miss it both times because lacemarket sends you to login in whenever you try to buy

No velvet Jesus for me then.
>>
I have a shopping addiction.

It hasn't landed me into trouble yet. I'm not in debt, and if I don't have the money I don't shop, I pay all of my bills. I feel so guilty because I live with my boyfriend and so far I've been able to hide the extent of it, it's not as if I'm spending his money I just don't want him to hate me for it since I already hate myself for it. I feel pathetic.
I just lost an eBay auction and a wave of anxiety like nothing else came over me and I know I'm going to obsess over it for at least a week or so.

Right when I think I have enough, I find another reason that what I have is inadequate or incomplete. All of my money goes to clothes, and I hardly even go anywhere. I don't know what to do. I seriously obsess and feel as if my life will suffer without whatever it is I want. It's almost like I'm just a collector. Why can't I buy and want things like a normal person?
>>
>>9066748

Hopefully he'll come to realize that. I feel like a counselor asking if you've tried to explain why you feel jaded and that it's not a case of enthusiasm. Any chance you could make costume stuff for him but just not cosplay yourself?

And my feels 'fore I run is that I can't help but feel a kind of whimsical envy of seeing cosplay stuff. Why I don't tend to hang out on /cgl/ except sparingly. See the happy cosplayers and feel envious. Wish I could feel so self-assured and comfortable in my own skin and didn't spend 8+ years of adulthood being too afraid of indulging in this stuff. Wish I was comfortable being a nerd. Wish I had friends involved in this that I could go to instead of having to go alone. Why I try to stay clear of instagram and such. Obviously that only depicts the cool and sexy and good and not the mundane, the tedious, the drama and the bad and all that.

If wishes were fishes I'd be Poseidon king of the deep.
>>
>>9066713
Yeah, I need to conjure up €11k by next summer and refresh my wardrobe since I'm tired of looking like an ita mess. By the end of this summer I'll have €5k saved up, which isn't much but it's something.

Thanks for the encouragement and helpful tips btw! I don't dare complain to anybody irl since they're already sick of my shit.
>>
>>9066319
I did contact the comms I could. Which led to some additional comms banning me and my most local comm's mod adding me to Facebook "so she could watch over me and make sure I'm ok before adding" never got unbanned from that comm years later. After that I gave up. Funnily enough semi-recently found somebody posting things about me online only a FB friend would know. Friend purged after that.
>>
File: feelsad.jpg (35 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
feelsad.jpg
35 KB, 300x360
I got scolded at work today because I took home stuff I didn't know I wasn't supposed to take.

I hope I don't get fired, or I'll never buy burando again.
>>
>>9066787
Why don't you spend that money on some counseling or therapy for your shopping addiction and anxiety?
>>
>>9066097
Thats great anon! I love to hear stories like this..its real inspiring.
>>
>>9066889
What did you take?
>>
>>9066908
Little toys that I thought were going to be thrown away anyhow.

I really should've asked first.
>>
>>9065921
>living in a hotel for a month
Holy poop. That must've cost a fortune.
>>
>>9066691

"You're so right honey you're terribly ugly and should not go to cons in dresses."

He likes seeing you in the frilly dresses and going to cons with you.
>>
File: godmuthafukkindammit.jpg (21 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
godmuthafukkindammit.jpg
21 KB, 500x388
>nice date
>going great
>"Oh I just hate [subject of my favorite hobby] those people are all nuts"
>struggle through the rest of the night
>walk her to her door
>she asks if I'd like to come in
>lol guess what my hobby is bitch
>rage to car
>rage home
>rage to liquor cabinet
>rage through all the beer and I'm still mad

I need to move out of this fucking state
>>
>>9067062
she thinks cosplayers are nuts?
>>
>>9067068

Yeah, lets go with that.
>>
>Been working the same job since I started school
>Management is nice, work is fine, but all the cool people i worked with have gone on to better things
>New people are assholes, management overschedules me because i'm one of the few good people left
>Finally going to finish degree
>University messes up some of my paperwork, apparently I needed to take two more classes and they never told me.
>Now waiting through summer for my final semester
>Boyfriend leaves me in favor of moving to New York, had a new girlfriend within a week leading me to think something was up
>Decide to try something new
>Applied to 10 different places over the past few weeks
>Have yet to hear back from a single one
>Savings will be able to last me the next month, but won't be able to work on costumes

There's nothing more shitty than realizing not even basic part time jobs don't want you
>>
>>9067135

I understand your boyfriend trouble anon

>Have good friend I met in a comm a few years back
>She's awesome, we hang out, make costumes, play video games, go shopping, watch anime, the works
>Eventually she gets busy with work, don't see her as much
>Things are still fine
>After three months i go weeks without hearing from her
>Go see her at work to see if she wants to get lunch, her boss who i know tells me she quit over a month ago
>What
>Later find out from some mutual friends that she left the comm, and has only spoken to a few others
>The following week i discover she decided to become a twitch streamer, her stream has 200 views at the time of discovery
>If she hits her donation goal she'll play through FF13 while cospalying as Vanille
>Also discover she and my boyfriend struck up a thing shortly after she quit her old job

Losing your best friend and your boyfriend in rapid succession will kill your soul
>>
>>9067074
I'm guessing guns as I'm a transplant to Cali from Texas and have to deal with this shit all the time
>>
The one release I was waiting on for AP is finally announced but my paycheck is already going towards a plane ticket to see a friend. I can dip into savings but that is extremely irresponsible to me. Part of me misses the thrill of trying to find it secondhand but I also hate it at the same time. Trying to be responsible sucks sometimes
>>
File: mikewtf.png (170 KB, 411x359) Image search: [Google]
mikewtf.png
170 KB, 411x359
I sent my con crush a Valentine in February. (She died several months before.)

Today, I opened the message by accident and it said "seen April 21st."
>>
>>9067180

Wait what? If she died before you sent the valentine why did you send it to begin with?
>>
>>9067188
She's gone, but my feelings for her aren't.
>>
File: 1465174652783.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465174652783.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>9067170
>I'm guessing guns as I'm a transplant to Cali from Texas

AYEP. I see I'm not alone.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (110 KB, 552x364) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
110 KB, 552x364
>>9067062

>be me Asian
>thinks going to parties and getting drunk is a waste of time
>rather watch anime
>one day girl approached me asked me out
>me ask her "do you watch anime"
>bitch was like "you mean children cartoons? You are into that kind of stuff? Haha so childish"
>am still mad to this day
>>
File: sadbatman.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
sadbatman.gif
299 KB, 448x256
>>9067191
Shit.
>>
File: T Alberto Skellybosa.jpg (118 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
T Alberto Skellybosa.jpg
118 KB, 512x512
>>9067226

Just remember it's always better to regret dealing with such judgmental assholes than to regret choosing your hobbies to try and appeal to other people - "Try to end up pleasing everyone and you'll be the most popular dead man or woman in town" business. Speaking from experience,

.t alberto dead-man barbosa

>>9067180

I dunno how the message was sent or whatever, but maybe their parents or relative or friend saw it. They may be gone but you may have brought some bittersweet happiness to their lives for a moment.
>>
Still waiting on the fucking charms I need to make accessories for people. Fucking Aliexpress. The shipping speed is always either really fast or super slow, there is no in-between.

Should be getting some pretty syringe charms to try my hand at menhera accessories. Someday.
>>
>>9066766
Sorry for your loss anon but I'm glad I'm not the only one the redirection is happening to.
>>
File: ryukocry.jpg (21 KB, 400x205) Image search: [Google]
ryukocry.jpg
21 KB, 400x205
>>9067464
>maybe their parents or relative or friend saw it
I assumed as much. It still gave me some chills though.
>>
File: Crying-GIF_1.gif (2 MB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
Crying-GIF_1.gif
2 MB, 500x273
>>9066766
>Rare indie brand piece comes up for sale for the first time in over a year of searching for it
>A bit over retail but okay I suppose
>Size too big
>>
>>9067180
It was probably a family member or friend who got control of her account.
>>
I wish my boyfriend didn't see lolita as "dressing up"
If I'm trying out coords he thinks I'm getting ready to go somewhere. I've explained this to me but for some reason he forgets and asks again every time if I'm going out.
How do I make him understand they're just clothes??
Is it because he cosplays?
>>
>>9067717
Sometimes people just can't understand, anon-chan. I'm assuming you've already tried but maybe sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk about how it upsets you that he views your clothing style as a frivolous hobby.
>>
>>9067717

No anon, it's because lolita is fancy as fuck. Even toned down stuff, even sweet stuff.

If you saw your bf going out in a waistcoat and tie, wouldn't you ask? They're "just clothes" too.

If you want, tell him that lolita is all about bringing fanciness back into ordinary day to day life. So these are your every day clothes, but you knowledge that yeah, its way fancier than most people dress in for going outside.
>>
>>9067723
I mean, it is kind of a hobby. But unlike cosplay I can wear it more often, because it's not actually a costume. However I guess it's hard for him to see dresses as anything other than formal.
>>
>>9067726

Because they're fucking $200 dresses anon. This concept isn't hard.
>>
>>9067727
they have a point
>>
>>9067727
His cosplay costs more than one of my dresses because of the amount of high end prop guns he has. He totally gets why I'm into it. I'm just always confused when he walks in the room and goes "oh, why are you all dressed up"
My response is usually just because... like I don't know what ekse to say.
>>
>>9067731

>His cosplay costs more than one of my dresses

And you point is....?

Expensive clothing is usually only worn for a reason. His most expensive clothing is cosplay, he only wears it in situations it's appropriate in. His most expensive normie clothing he only wears in situations it's appropriate in. He's wondering what's the situation you're wearing your expensive clothing to.

It's a logical chain. Yeah it can be frustrating to explain that you're not going anywhere special, and just like dressing this way for yourself, but cut the man some slack. We're the odd women out here, lolita is fun as hell and beautiful, but it explicitly breaks normal social expectations.
>>
>>9067737
>Yeah it can be frustrating to explain that you're not going anywhere special
Yeah like every single time..

I've gone to meets but he always knows about that a head of time and then gets me with the "are you going to that thing today?"
>>
>>9067763

So when he knows you're going to a meet he doesn't ask? If that's it, he's just checking to see if he didn't fuck up and forget something you told him. Seems pretty normal to me anon
>>
File: patsad.gif (117 KB, 242x200) Image search: [Google]
patsad.gif
117 KB, 242x200
First day of the con last month, my boyfriend woke me up by screaming "CEASAR!" in my face and I wet the bed.

We just poured Pepsi on it and let it dry.
>>
>>9067770
>Seems pretty normal to me
Agreeing with this anon. If you're getting dressed, people will assume you are going somewhere. If you get dressed in expensive or nice-looking clothing, people will assume you are going somewhere special. It's not because it's lolita, it's because that what's standard. Do you wear lolita around the house more often than you wear it out? If not, I doubt he's ever going to stop asking you if you're going somewhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 494x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 494x334
Here's a letter to the fakest bitch I know,

"Overwatch is overrated," as you have said before, but decide to cosplay from it a week later after you have said that. You pretend you are a huge overwatch fan, but you know you're not. You hate everything about it, but you have never played it. You love to shove your opinions down other peoples' throats, but you have no clue what you talk about when you speak.
And this happens every time you cosplay it seems. You decide to cosplay a character before you even delve into the series. Can you even call yourself a fan of anime, video games, and manga, when you only watch a particular series or play a game because you need to learn more about your character?

Or can I even say you do any of that? You read the wiki pages of your character, play an hour of the game before you decide its good, and then turn your PC off and with a smug expression on your face, go to twitter and post about how you LOVE this character so much and LOVE the series they are in and how such a BIG FAN you are.

You're fake. Faker than anyone in this community. Faker than JNig's tits. And you know it all, but you just won't stop.
>>
I buy Lolita just so I can put it on a dress form and look at it daily. I honestly love looking at them more then I do wearing them.
>>
>>9067717

I mean, lolita is 'dressing up.' Not even in the costumey sense. Just in the how much time it takes to get your shit together sense and how nice you look in the end sense.

You get dressed up with normalfag nice clothing too. Unless you're putting absolutely no effort into how you coord your lolita, I think he does have a point.
>>
>>9067863
Lmao. You're both idiots.
>>
File: 1463598765796.png (296 KB, 619x601) Image search: [Google]
1463598765796.png
296 KB, 619x601
>>9067170
>>9067192
H-Hey at least you're not a girl who is into guns that just wants friends who are girls! Most of the girls at my uni who are into anime and other stuff that I'm interested in are all liberals who can't stand guns and think all gun owners are crazy. I just want someone to do girly shit with and stuff but the only people who want to be friends with me are guys.
>>
>>9067226

Oh yeah. THAT type. "That [fun thing you like] is GAY AND FOR GAY BABIES, unlike my super cool [thing popular with jocks or dipshit chavs.] Even across gender and cultural divides the only thing that changes is the particulars of subject matter, not the attitude or the base dipshittery involved.

Someone gave me a North American Arms .22 mini-revolver (add some value to a gun trade.) Started carrying it with me in ziplock snack bag *just* for all those people who look me in the eye and tell me I must have a small dick I just give them a confused look, reach into my pocket, and pull this out. Then I just... look at them.

>>9067464

Yeah, this. Fuck people. I ran out of energy to kiss ass years ago. I had to stop using Facebook because all I was doing was yelling at people posting dumb shit.

>>9067717
>If I'm trying out coords he thinks I'm getting ready to go somewhere.

Most people don't dress up in suits or dress shirts and slacks just because they like looking sharp; its just how it is. Sounds like he's worried you're going Out On The Town or something without him. He doesn't grok that you just like to wear it around sometimes to look pretty.

Get him into boystyle, then you can do it together.

>>9067896
>Faker than JNig's tits.

damn sister

>>9067949

Ah, that blows. I know what it's like to have a hobby that nobody else you know shares; it can get pretty lonely. My sister's into guns herself and she's got the same problem.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2001) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2001
>be me brings a girl home
>open the door
>girl sees pic related
>in that instant her puss dried up as she said to me "ewww you into that kind of stuff"
>never see her again
Why do girls hate my passion for anime?

Then I started to play this song: https://youtu.be/TBfWKmRFTjM
And cry myself to sleep
>>
>>9068020

Forgot the picture.

>the chibigun
>>
>buys dress from mercari for pretty cheap
>receive it yesterday
>try it on
>fits like a sack
>realize the elastic in the shirring has been completely stretched out
>mfw

I thought obese people didn't exist in Japan. Apparently I was wrong. I know I'm not thin but seriously, I was swimming in it. Anyone know how much I should expect to pay to get the elastic replaced?
>>
>>9068028
is this your actual room?

did she specify that it was anime itself that she didn't like? or was it just the sheer amount of it?
>>
>>9065712
I want to wear lolita but its 90+ with high humidity. Chiffon does not ease my suffering

>My AC broke last week too RIP REST IN PIECES
>>
>>9067949
Want to become friends, anon? Do you have a skype?
>>
>>9068028
If I walked into that room I'd judge the guy, but not for the abundance of anime merch. I'd judge him for it being all cute/sexy girls, no shounen or cool action shit anywhere. It screams "This is what I fap to!"
>>
>>9068104
This. I buyfag figures and have a display case for them, but they're all vidya related and none of them are big tittied anime girls in compromising outfits.
>>
>>9066417

Sell it anon? Any money back is better than no money back
>>
>>9066934

Actually there are a lot of "hotels" that are really just designed for people in between apartments, or want short rentals because they travel to different cities for work, and they end up being about the same as renting an apartment.

The bonus for the landlord is they can kick you out at any time, no need for eviction notices, they can just refuse to re-rent the room to you since it's on a daily or weekly baisis. I'm assuming anon was in one of those, instead of a nice hotel-hotel
>>
File: 1464816056117.png (208 KB, 481x560) Image search: [Google]
1464816056117.png
208 KB, 481x560
>>9068079
Sure! It's mugi.chan.kawaii
>>
I really want to do some kind of comic cosplay but I'm too self-conscious to wear something skintight and I can't come up with one damn character who doesn't wear tight clothes and is actually cool and somewhat recognisable. It shouldn't be this hard, especially not as I've read more comics than any normal person should, but whenever I try to think of a character I could cosplay I draw a complete blank and it's super frustrating...
>>
File: thatfeel.jpg (16 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel.jpg
16 KB, 500x461
>>9067665
We'll have our day anon.
One day.
>>
>>9068104
A lot of my figs are girls in big, billowing former dresses which are pretty damn girly (but cute as fuck), but even I off-set it by having a big, tough looking Soap Statue from MW2.
>>
Biggest con in my country is tomorrow, and I don't feel motivation to go at all. One, the con has always been pretty bad and expensive, but also, I have no one to go with. I was planning to at least meet outside and see everyone being outside the convention, but they are saying there will be rain and thunder tomorrow. May just skip the Friday and save some train money, and instead go on Saturday when the weather will be better. But still, lack motivation to go. The fandom people I used to go with have each other and may not want me around, and I'm pretty tired of them too. My other fandom is starting to die very much, there are still people but they may not have an organized meet or stay with each other.
I went to a micro con last weekend, and I was the only person to go alone and I only attended panels, while my fandom had a meetup where they cosplayed and photographed and they've never done that before so I'd've liked to go there too but chose that tiny con. I hate how they talk about what they did together, make plans together and talking about stuff, while I'm not part of any of this. They just dislike me and don't want me in the fandom community anymore, it feels like. I'm one of those people no one likes but they are forced to accept at the bigger meets, but they try to plan smaller stuff around me to avoid me. It's how it feels like. They are at least usually nice in real life, but I'm so jealous I don't get to be part of the fandomming on the same level as them. I get angry when they are friendly with each other.
Back to the con, don't really have any new cosplay either. I'm starting to get known for one cosplay because I've used it so much, so I need new stuff. Don't want to get locked up in that.
Don't misunderstand me, it's not as bad as it may sound like. I always feel so bad when I vent in feels threads and people give me kind words, when it wasn't even that bad in the first place.
>>
>>9065712
>wants to be skinny and hot so my cosplays and coords would look amazing
>be fat and ugly
>losing weight won't fix ugly
>will live viciously through others
>>
>>9067863
Did hotel mad?
>>
>>9068028
My vag would dry up too. But only because of your (mostly) shit taste in waifus.
>>
>>9067863
I'm laughing so hard, what the fuck anon who just pisses themselves like that
>>
>>9067863
>We just poured Pepsi on it and let it dry.
I could have choked on this donut and died!
>>
>>9068209

Well clearly Julius Caesar does!

>>9067949

Could always try to invite them along for a shootings. I feel like a lot of people would be okay with the funz if they got to experience them in the safe and entertaining environment of a range with some nice friend helping to initiate them into it. And if they like anime and cosplay, maybe grab em with "this gun is used by that cute girl in XYZ"

>>9068197

I know it's easy to talk the talk and not walk the walk and people can be vicious with uggos cosplaying (or uggos anything) but try to still lose weight. It might make you prettier than you think. Try to fight your inhibitions, even if they are just baby steps and one step at a time. Better that than to live vicariously through others.

>>9068058

Google image search it and you get some hits.
>>
File: Tsukimibride2.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tsukimibride2.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
Growing up I was never pretty. My mother was pretty and my older sister was pretty but I was always sort of plain. They both seemed very glamorous to me growing up, especially my mother. I guess you could say she was a 'kept woman'. My father was much older, and slightly more well off than most. She always had a full face of makeup, got her hair bleached blonde, sun tanned, expensive perfume, the works. So I guess you could say femininity has always sort of intimidated me. I just never thought I could be beautiful so I covered myself up in t shirts three times too big and ripped jeans and just hoped no one would notice me. But I always secretly wanted to be beautiful. It sounds childish but I love fairytales. I love sparkles and magic and frills and pink. I love all of that shit. I just feel like on me it would look...silly. I want to be a swan but to be honest I'm pretty sure there wasn't a mix up and I really am just an ugly duckling. I'm trying to work on it though. I've been practicing makeup and I'm growing out my hair. I just don't have the confidence to buy cute clothes and actually wear them. I'm not really even sure how to build up a wardrobe. Everything I own is frumpy and black, I'm pretty sure I'd have to dump most of it just because it's so old and falling apart. I'm mostly interested in general J fashion, I really like Larme and Mori too. But I'm not sure what to focus on.

Sorry for the rant
>>
>>9068353
Sounds like mori would be an easier transition. If you're throwing stuff out anyway, go for the style that you can still hide in while you're working through your emotional baggage. Any step is a good step.
>>
>>9067043
Did you miss the part about me making our cosplays and that's why he wants to go? If I was just a lolita I wouldn't care about cons.
>>
>>9068353
Holy shit I totally feel you mate. I'm still working on my confidence and working out my general wardrobe, and making my lolita wardrobe, too. It's kinda hard when no one around you is a lolita too, and I'm terrified to order things online, which even though I've done before, I can't seem to think I may never get my package.
>>
File: 1411015499286.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1411015499286.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>Parents let me convert shed into full-blown cosplay workshop
>Everything from a sewing machine to table saw
>Spend 3-4 hours every weekday working on costume & props, 8-9 hours on weekend days.
>Spend two weeks just sanding props for this amount of time.
>All in all took 5 months total to make.
>Debut at convention.
>Someone cosplaying the same character.
>Cosplay is 5x better quality, they're asked for pictures 10x more than me.
>Ask them what their construction methods were.
>"Haha, to tell you the truth I got like ninety percent of this on etsy and ebay"

I could have spent that time getting another job instead of working, bought everything, and had an even better costume. And yet some stubborn part of me still insists on hand-making everything.
>>
>>9068232
I see you also do the thing where you purposely rephrase something somebody said in the correct way to gently show them they're wrong without blatantly calling them out.
>viciously vs. vicariously
>>
>>9068197
>live viciously through others
I know you meant vicariously but ahahaha.
>>
>>9068449
Glad it got the message out and a laugh.
>>
>>9068423
Sorry, my english isn't the best.
>>
>>9068384

Pics? I believe in you anon.
>>
>>9068020
Anon, that's brandishing a firearm, a felony. You're very very dumb and not at all the type of person I'd associate with.
>>
>>9067949
I'm in the same boat, but unlike you I've lost the hope of meeting a gal friend that is into guns.
I've gotten to the point of accepting the fact that I'm not going to have a female friend that does more than tolerate my existance or isn't out for a pump and dump, mainly due to my views and hobbies.
I'll be hanging out with some awesome guys at AX that are all just as weeby and into guns as I am. Granted it's as my bfs attatchment, but I can deal as long as I have fun.
>>
>>9068521
Uh..wrong thread?
Nice tits tho that bra is gross.
>>
File: snowscream.jpg (37 KB, 601x598) Image search: [Google]
snowscream.jpg
37 KB, 601x598
I forgot to wash my balls before the tea party. I'm a fuckin disgrace.
>>
>Was going to buy Diner Doll on release tomorrow
>Britain votes leave
>Pound plumets
>Don't have enough money to buy it now

FUCK YOU LEAVE VOTERS
>>
>>9068521
How'd you bruise your boob?
>>
>>9067949
I N D I A N A
N
D
I
A
N
A

I wish we could be /k/awaii together
>>
>>9068574
Oh fuck!!! Hopefully this means good news for the USD. Got a huge order at buyee right now
>>
File: oh look I found a fuck you.gif (361 KB, 274x200) Image search: [Google]
oh look I found a fuck you.gif
361 KB, 274x200
>>9068479
>holding up an unloaded gun physically located inside a ziplock baggie is "brandishing"

Hey, guess what? FUCK you.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2015-2016/publicact/pdf/2015-PA-0028.pdf

>“Brandish” means to point, wave about, or display in a threatening manner with the intent to induce fear in another person.

In my state the term has a very, very specific legal definition. I submit to you that a tiny revolver in a taped-shut ziplock bag, with a red zip-tie run through the frame so the cylinder cannot physically close, is not brandishing. Some stupid cunt got pissed after her boyfriend laughed at her out loud in a Taco Bell and called the cops on me. The cop shared my opinion and had a few stern words with the dipshit about not wasting their fucking time (to illustrate the caliber of fuckwith this town hosts, there was a recent news story about residents all bitchy over *fucking roadkill* that quoted some asshole whinging about how traumatizing it was to see *dead animals* on the road while walking his Corgi, named "Lancelot.")

You know who you are, right now? You're That Guy. Hyperventilating about conclusions you jumped to without a second of thought or fucking consideration. You're being that fucking guy right now. What if I told you I open carry? That's right, when I'm jogging I tuck my shirt inside my waistband to keep sweat off the gun. But you, you'd probably assume I'm one of those cunts who walks through Wal-Mart with a fucking AR-15 on my back, a t-shirt that says FUCK FEINSTEIN and a video camera to record my eventual argument with the cops.

God DAMMIT, anon. God fucking DAMMIT. SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE FUCKING DONE.
>>
>>9068574
That sucks
>>
File: 771.jpg (493 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
771.jpg
493 KB, 1162x850
>be me into anime
>friends knows that I am into anime
>me and friends talk to qt
>friends know they have no chance because I got yellow perk and qt got yellow fever
>friends brings up that I am into anime and tells lies how I fap to 2D anime girls, just to make them self look better
>qt was like "it's OK I don't mind"
>friend btfo
>not friends anymore
>years later find out friends are druggy and homeless
>mfw my live is still better then theirs
>>
>>9068593

I live in Indiana.
>>
File: 658.png (928 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
658.png
928 KB, 600x887
I'm going to a meet soon, and it just so happens that I had a firey falling out with someone who's going. I'm still pretty upset about how they handled everything, so I don't know what it's going to be like in person. I wish I could straight up ignore them, but a lot of our mutual friends will be there and I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable. And my anxiety is through the roof because I still haven't figured out to wear yet! Fuck my life...
>>
File: scootypuff.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
scootypuff.gif
2 MB, 400x400
I wish there were some Nashville TN area lolitas who could befriend my sister.
>>
>tfw broke up with first boyfriend
>so upset I've thrown up and struggle to eat
Well at least I'll be able to fit in to burando better...
>>
>dream dress is up for sale for a reasonable price
>last on my list
>messaged the seller about a payment plan since I just got back from out of state
>fingers crossed she'll go for it.
>Go to Infatas Weibo to see where's my chocolate bag
>preview image for melty collared shirt
>preview of a chocolate Carosel print
>my soul

Good vibes for you snobs out there. Good things are coming in their own little way.
>>
>>9068658
Anons. Not snobs. Wow, rude, autocorrect.
>>
File: PowerRagePuke.jpg (56 KB, 429x647) Image search: [Google]
PowerRagePuke.jpg
56 KB, 429x647
>Going to first larp soon
>Worried that period might stab me in the back
>Modern hygiene is not very fantasy
>According to calculations a good period will come immediately after larp
>Hopes for best
>Suddenly bleeds today
>Two weeks too early
>Rage outweighs happiness

I've been a bleeding creature for several years, why does my period have these fits of twelve year old randumbness? The only way for this to work is for me to have ovulated as soon as my last period ended and that's BULLSHIT.
>>
The fucking EU referendum results.
Us britfags are going to starve. So like, at least we'll all be able to fit into brand, but we won't be able to afford to import brand.
Hellllllllllp
>>
>>9068662
I hear you anon. I've had mine over 10 years now, they've never been regular. I've tried everything (even had the coil at one point - NEVER DO THAT OMFG IT HURT SO MUCH).
You might be able to get some pills from the doctor if you go fairly soonish? It'll stop the bleeding while you're at the LARP. If you can't do that, tampons will be your best friend. When it comes to changing them, it's reasonable enough to use the 'facilities' every 4 hours aha. Take lots of wetwipes with you, you can get them in small enough packs if concealment is an issue.
Most importantly, have fun! LARPs are amazing, you'll enjoy yourself so much.
>>
>>9068659

It's ok anon, we're all elitist brandwhores here.
>>
>>9068665
Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm good. I should be happy since I'll be safe and clean during the larp, no worries at all... But god damn... When I started I was super regular at the 1st/30th/31st EVERY MONTH. I felt so on point and proud. Since then they've gradually slid up to like the 10th-15th but this half month fuckup isn't even explainable. Unless a sudden increase in dick in my life can make my eggs real excited. That would be fucked up and slightly perverse. Getting a boyfriend is very fun, but this isn't. Slightly ranting right now but I'm just so mad over something I should be happy with.

I'll have a great time at the larp. I'm going to have so much fun. Just going to stab my uterus ten times first.
>>
>>9068662
Yeah dude, enjoy hiding those period farts. I had those ruin my last con. To make things worse... it was Halloween.
>>
File: otter.jpg (436 KB, 3006x5344) Image search: [Google]
otter.jpg
436 KB, 3006x5344
Introduced my step-sister to Oreimo in hopes that it would inspire her, but no luck so far. It's hard.
>>
>>9068663
Get fucked britcucks
>>
I bought a dress from baby the stars shine bright and was sent a totally different dress. When I told them, they where unable to send me the one I ordered as they where already sold out. Now I have a dress that doesn't fit into my closet and I have no interest in wearing.
>>
>>9068778
go back to /pol/ you raging faggot
>>
>Brexit is real
>people are complaining how "everyone who voted leave is a xenophobic moron"
>complaining people who voted leave are all low educated idiots

I'm not even British but this amount of salt and feelings of superiority is unreal.
Is it that impossible to imagine someone voting 'leave' after rational thought?

I mean the same happened over here after the Ukraine ref, but since now it's Britain, everything is about a million times as salty.
>>
>>9068792
Lets not get too /pol/ here. Brexit was very close, I would be salty too that it won because of old people are idiots.
>>
>>9068795
Yeah but pretending you are better by shit flinging like a 5 year old is about as hypocritical as it gets
>>
>>9068792
I don't get it, can you explain it to me ? What is leaves? My burgers don't tea your ways.
>>
>>9068795
I voted remain and seeing that the majority of leave votes were by coffin dodgers is really fitting.

>older generations keep fucking shit up
>pound taking means you'll be fucked when you have to pay for your lolit haul unless you want to be blacklisted.
>>
>>9068804
Britain voted to leave the European union.
>>9068795
It was pretty close with 52-48. I don't think writing old people off as stupid is a good idea though. The same could be said about the young people who don't fully understand the situation.
>>9068806
The pound is actually currently improving after that disastrous drop. I say disastrous drop but it was only .1.
>>
>use snapchat frequently for ootd, cosplay, & everyday stuff
>try to look cute in snaps
>friends use snapchat too & I always look/sound ugly af when included in their snaps
>self-conscious about who sees this shit, especially if they have mutual acquaintances w/ me on their friend lists

Classic self-esteem issues. I cringe watching myself in their My Story & I'm starting to feel unflattering in my own selfies.
>>
>posts on how the Brexit is the first sign that we're going to have new wars in Europe

MY SIDES
>>
>>9068384
Don't be discouraged! It takes time to get good at any skill, and soon you'll be able to make things better than the "pros". Not to mention working on a cosplay sounds a lot more fun than spending your evenings and weekends at a likely shitty retail/food service part-time position.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 500x706
>move in with parents over the summer
>been here for almost three months, only been out of the house a few times, mostly all for appointments, only one just to look around and shop
>dad gets really mad about it all
>tells me i need to get out of the house more
>no lol
>he starts bribing me with money to go out and buy myself food and some stuff at stores
>lol no
>takes money and saves it for muh burando and gifts for my precious gf
>this is the fucking life
>>
File: Burgerpants5.gif (34 KB, 126x182) Image search: [Google]
Burgerpants5.gif
34 KB, 126x182
>get fake braces for a cosplay
>you can get them for $25 or $120
>get the cheap ones
>oh god everything hurts why

you have to thread the wires through your gums and wear them all day like that. (and its impossible to eat)
oh fucking jesus cosplay is suffering
>>
>>9068606
Why would you use Buyee? They're terrible.
>>
>>9068792
if you don't live here, you wouldn't understand desu
the majority of people who were recorded as voting 'leave', were in fact uneducated or of a low educational standard. And over 60.
That's actually a fact.
>>
From Monday to Friday, I leave my house at 8:30 and I return at 8:30-10 (depends whether I go to college that day or not).
When I get home, I shower and I eat but then, I just want to lay in bed until 11/12pm when I call asleep.
I don't have any energy for cosplay on the week and on weekends I'm mostly doing homework , so I have little time for my hobby.
It's not a matter of motivation, im just too tired and I wish I wasn't. I don't know how others manage their time.
>>
>>9068861
I'm so sorry, anon. Sounds like the typical Trump supporter over here.
>>
>>9068861
So? Calling them dumb and racist is about as useful as telling them to totally vote leave.

I mean I don't even think they should have left and that it's stupid, but calling them idiots is always going to have the reverse effect you want.
>>
File: 1406285046885.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1406285046885.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>9068699
>in hopes that it would inspire her
>>
>>9068792
People are acting like the EU is a good and fair organisation while Romania exists and continues to get money for things they don't do... I don't think leaving is the answer here but they seriously need some reorganisation and if nothing else this will be a catalyst for that.

And Americans on Tumblr and shit need to stop making this about them and Trump. This has nothing to do with them and they still try to make it about how much they will suffer...
>>
>>9068872
Agreed, people seem to think I"m a devout leaver based on the post when overall I don't care but think they should have stayed.
As an European I hope that this means reorganizations because there's a lot about the EU that isn't fair and doesn't function well. Basically I have nothing against the concept of the EU, but as of right now things are incredibly imbalanced.

Also Americans always turn situations into talking about themselves, it's an art.
>>
>>9068821
>writing old people off as stupid is a good idea though

Agreed. The vast majority of older people are misinformed rather than outright stupid. They've been pulled in by headlines about how leaving the EU will save the health service, something that is really important to them (too bad the figures about what would be pumped into the NHS were declared a lie within hours of the leave vote). Some people are straight up racist of course, but many many more just didn't have as much info at their disposal. Probably another reason young people voted remain.
>>
>>9068877
To be fair, at the same time it's silly to think all the young educated people made informed decisions. A good chunk voted remain just because someone told them that's what's better or because 'well I'm no racist so I'll vote remain"
>>
>>9068880
This is true, some people were scared of looking xenophobic etc so they chose to stay, but from people I've interacted with, many who chose to leave said they didn't want to be in dictatorship and they disagreed with EU Law- keep in mind they didn't know what laws they didn't agree with. People voting leave cause they remember the UK of yesteryear better stop picking and choosing where they want to get nostalgic.

Better sell while the pound is low
>>
>>9068888
I agree but that's how it always goes. Regardless of what side people vote emotionally and what benefits them.

If the result had been remain suddenly democracy would have been amazing but now it doesn't benefit people it's the worst thing ever.
>>
File: jgkkw0bw3yqnoj2jcvi7.jpg (64 KB, 800x459) Image search: [Google]
jgkkw0bw3yqnoj2jcvi7.jpg
64 KB, 800x459
>brexit voters
I want to style a wig like center woman's hair, inexplicably.
>>
File: waitwhat.jpg (39 KB, 644x720) Image search: [Google]
waitwhat.jpg
39 KB, 644x720
>>9068689
What? What are period farts? Why does it being Halloween make it worse?
>>
File: ramensasha.jpg (499 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ramensasha.jpg
499 KB, 1000x1000
>at meetup
>need tampon
>remember that I keep a spare few in my car
>retrieve them
>discover that the summer heat has made them blisteringly hot
>forced to hide them in the ice bucket before they're safe to wear
>>
>>9068353
I'm going through the same thing too. I am slowly building up to that confidence as I'm losing weight. Being able to fit in clothes at stores make me so happy
>>
>>9068593
Lmao worst fucking state, FISH
>>
>>9068612
Pro gun people are weird.
>>
>>9066934

Very, very late response. But yeah, it's pretty pricey. Surprisingly enough, it's a lot more expensive to be dirt poor (which we're not anymore, thankfully) than anything else.
>>
>>9068612
Holy shit. You sound autistic as fuck and you're in my state. Fantastic.
>>
>>9068612
Not that anon, but the fact that you have that gun for the express purpose of pissing people off makes you a shitty person, even if you're following the letter of the law. Some people are very uncomfortable around guns for a variety of reasons, and you very expressly don't give a shit.
>>
>>9068493
I'm getting a custom made white leather under the shoulder holster with heart cut out in the back where the straps cross so I can open carry in lolita.
As is allowed in my state.
I can't wait for the liberal salt to rain.
Feels good man.
>>
>>9068869
they're gonna die in a few years who cares about calling them racist idiots
>>
I'm slowly building a otome/lolita wardrobe, and I recently purchased my first brand piece (secondhand). I had a dream last night that my friend raided my closet and tried on my piece, including some friends who were far, far too fat to fit into it. I was so pissed and woke up still angry. I guess this means I'm a real gull now?
>>
>>9068861
>held a fair vote
>upset about result
>those people are just dumb
>>
>>9066425
Do you not know a lot of performers or..........

Yeah many comedians tend to talk about themselves and their thought process a lot, but a lot of live performers are super confident since the job requires a lot of putting yourself out there.
>>
>>9067191
Yeah, you should consider not creeping on a dead person's account, since her relatives are clearly in control of it. Having to read reminders that their child is gone is probably not anywhere close to fun for them. Let it go.
>>
>>9068493
>>9069033
You sound great anon I would totally OC together in lolita with you! Although I'm not 21 yet so I can only OC rifles in my state sadly.
>>9068593
I'm in Georgia and have a boyfriend sorry anon
>>9068353
I know that feeling anon. I used to feel like my sister and my best friend were so much prettier than I was and that I could never be as cute as them. Getting into lolita kinda helped me change that pessimistic mindset. I changed my hairstyle and started wearing makeup and I realized that I'm a lot cuter than I thought I was I was just not putting any effort into it. Changing my hairstyle probably is what helped the most. I have fluffy, curly hair and I was just keeping it layered with no bangs and parted to the middle and it made me look like a poodle. I feel so much cuter with bangs. You can do it anon!
>>
>>9069114
Sorry I'm not Indiana anon, I was just butting in cause I want to go to the range with other lolitas.
I am with you 2 in my heart.
>>
Closet Child cancelled my order for a skirt I was going to use as a backup to a twinning coord, and the only person who's responded to my WTB (for the item I actually want to twin in) in months) wants more than triple the most recent LM/Yahoo!Japan price plus international shipping.
I just want to twin with my friend, what is this BS.
>>
>>9068028
>Guy brings me home after a date to chill
>See pic related
>Knock the motherfucker out and steal all of his mikus
>>
>>9068699
>Live in a family with an older brother, a younger sister and I in the middle
>Older brother and I watch oreimo and hate it but memes
>Whenever our sister acts like a cranky bitch but turns around and does something cute, older bro and I high five and yell "I CAN'T BELIEVE OUR LITTLE SISTER IS THIS CUTE!!"
>Little sister calls us weeb trash
>>
>>9068821
Isn't leaving the EU a good thing so they can stop them from forcing more rapefugees into britain
>>
>>9068028
Surprising nobody commented on the song lol.
>>
>>9068850
You have to be 18+ to use this site
>>
>>9069210
This is adotable. My brother and I used to be like this, I miss it.
>>
>>9069211
The three biggest reasons for leaving the EU were the EU having the power to override parliament, the UK paying in way more than they get out, and worries about having to accept unlimited amount of immigrants.

Ultimately I believe it's gonna pan out as a good thing for Britain after the dust has settled and folks with capital stop panicking about instability. This is also triggering a domino effect with Italy, France, Holland, and Denmark calling for votes on whether to stay or leave the EU.

If you're worried about this hurting Britain, just remember the two wealthiest nations in Europe that aren't tiny countries like Lichtenstein and Luxembourg are Norway and Switzerland, two nations that never joined the EU.
>>
>>9068612
Lol, you mad bro?
You gonna show me your piss pointer?
>>
I got a very good full time job just recently
>TFW I have to skip some cons over the summer
>But that means more money for cosplay and better cons in the longrun
>TFW you have a salty group of friends
>They all soft block you on social media sites

Not that I care or anything I just find it petty especially since they're all too lazy to get out there and get full time jobs as well.
>>
>>9069033
You are my hero anon, email dropped if you want to chat about kawaii gun stuff.
>>
>>9069033
Man I'd do this, shame no carry at all is allowed where I live. Guns have to be locked up and not loaded.
>>
>>9069114
Same for you!
I might not be visiting Georgia anytime soon, but hell message me, never know if we could do a meet one day.
>>
File: images-6.jpg (17 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
17 KB, 263x192
>>9069251
Nice setup, if this was an anime you guys mind find true love after mid plot drama.
An anime romance about guns and love kek.
>>
>>9069242
Dutch person here, Nexit will not happen because our constitution doesn't allow for such a referendum.
I just hope the EU and governments in general will now realize that going "those silly people will never win" backfired on them.
>>
>>9069253
So girls und panzer?
Or maybe the one anime where the girls are guns? SAKA muh raifu.
>>
>>9069242
>comparing the UK with smaller countries with completely different infrastructures and economies
>assuming the domino effect has affected those specified countries, as opposed to Spain and Greece
>not knowing that six out of the top ten countries that the UK receives immigrants from are non-EU, and no plans to change that from Brexit campaign

Cool m8, I feel so less worried
>>
>lost my dream job today

Well, this really ruins next week's con.
>>
>>9069276
What was it?
>>
File: sadlego.jpg (32 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
sadlego.jpg
32 KB, 198x198
>>9069282
Toy store

I may be blacklisted over one stupid mistake.

This hurts. I wanted to run the place someday.
>>
>>9069288
Are you the anon that took old toys with you thinking you wouldn't get in trouble?
>>
>>9069290

Yep. Hello.
>>
>>9069296
I mean it sucks that you lost your job but isn't NOT taking store property common sense?
>>
>>9066409
You can do it, Maria Bamford!
>>
>>9069301
There was a misunderstanding. I explained myself, they seemed to understand, but they still let me go. With some clear reluctance.

I'm hoping to barista for a while. Gotta buy that weeaboo clothing.
>>
>>9068891
>tfw you are able to have a level headed talk about this on /cgl of all places

Thank you referendum anons.
>>
>>9069247
Hey you ever considered that they might just think you're a bitch and don't want to be your friend? Just a thought.
>>
>>9069358
No problem, the anonymity helps. I could never say this stuff anywhere else, even if my opinion on this whole thing is so mild.

I just don't like it when people act superior over others or when it all delves into name calling.
>>
>>9069262
>not knowing that six out of the top ten countries that the UK receives immigrants from are non-EU, and no plans to change that from Brexit campaign

Yeah but now you don't have to accept them. Whereas in the EU, they can say "Heres 10,000 immigrants, have fun"
>>
>>9068643
D-do you need a friend

>Tfw middle of nowhere, reclusive, weeb trash/ firearms enthusiast
>>
File: qwKqx.jpg (47 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
qwKqx.jpg
47 KB, 480x270
>>9068020
You're going to get stabbed. No. Let me clarify. You. Will. Get. Stabbed. And then the news is going to report that you got stabbed. Why did you get stabbed? You were a stupid fuck, that's why. And then the internet is going to laugh at you forever. For getting stabbed. Like the dumb, autistic fuck you are.

Picture probably very closely related. Also, get a real caliber.
>>
Background info
>Me-19, 115 lb, 5'2'', graduating high school this year
>Friend "V"-19, 140 lb, 5'5'', also graduating
>V used to be my best friend in middle school
>Always seemed to get her hair cut the same, suddenly develop the same interests as I did
>She started stalking my boyfriend, at which point I distanced myself from her
>I didn't tell her to leave us alone, just stayed away
>To this day V still sometimes glomps me from behind, but she got asked out by an underage /b/tard, so she gets attention from him now
>Both taking exam this morning

So:
>Show up to school early, study and all that
>30 minutes until exam
>Gone through entire textbook
>Decide to browse AP dresses to relax before the exam (a habit now)
>V shows up with A (her boyfriend)
>Puts head on my shoulder and looks my screen
>Arms loosely around my neck
>I don't say anything
>"Anon those are cute"
>"Yeah, they are"
>"I think I'd feel too much like a little girl wearing those"
>You don't fucking say?
>"Well, V, the sizes are really small anyway"
>"I think I'd definitely fit into those, I have a tiny waist"
>Pulls up her shirt to make this point
>But we took our measurements in sewing class
>She has an 85 cm waist
>try to tell her most brand fits around 70cm or less
>Looking at BTSSB website and an OP with 68cm waist max
>"I'd fit that one, though, anon"

This fucking girl makes me so fucking mad
I hope she gives up on trying to be a lolita just like she gave up being a "gamer girl XD" after two weeks
>>
File: cute.jpg (36 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
36 KB, 500x391
This might be a little nit-picky, but I recently went to a con that I hadn't been to in a couple years. It was really fun, but I felt such a lack of interaction with people.. Everyone was almost snobby in how much greater their cosplay was than anyone else, it's like ever since these famous cosplayers have been evidently making a lot of money off this, it's been drawing out a crowd that will go really over the top with cosplays, like their trying to be the next yaya or jnig. Almost sucks all the fun out of it.
Maybe I'm bummed cause it wasn't what I expected, maybe it's cause I was really happy with my cosplay this year and felt obsolete, but what can ya do
>>
>>9069485
How does she have a 33 inch waist at 140 lb? When I was 140 lbs and her height I had a 28 inch waist.
>>
>>9069503
Weight distribution
She has small boobs and nothing on her legs, but a large ribcage and long torso
>>
>>9069288
Sorry about your job, anon. I hate misunderstandings. Maybe it wasn't meant to be? You may just find a job you like even better, so keep your head up and seek out those new opportunities.
>>
>>9069509
Gosh thats fucking awful.

Im a fatty chan now (not forever) and my waist is 33 inches, but I still fit into a good amount of brand.
>>
>>9069523
I was looking at Mary Magdalene after and she kept going on about how she wanted some of the OPs that were like "those dresses Clara wore in those episodes of Doctor Who"
>>
>>9069531
Oh god MM, even at my skinniest weight I doubt I would have fit well into those damn dresses, a 33 inch waist is NEVER going to fit MM

I love their dresses so much though
>>
>>9069510
>You may just find a job you like even better
That's not going to happen.

But I may find one that pays better... which would be nice.

Thank you.
>>
File: FleurAntoinetteOP-mint.jpg (176 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
FleurAntoinetteOP-mint.jpg
176 KB, 300x400
>>9069531
On a happy note, I just got this dress and I'm going to wear it for grad photos
>>
>>9069537
Congrats! Thats a beautiful dress.
>>
>>9069533
oops
>>9069537

>>9069538
Thanks!
>>
>>9068804
Jesus Christ, is this an American thing? Or a weeb thing? To be so ignorant of international politics. Amerifat here, and I swear I've seen a huge number of lolitas and cosplayers on my various social media feeds saying they've never heard of Brexit and "lol wuts goin on, why does this matter to me". Why.
>>
File: 2rnudrl.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2rnudrl.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>did my makeup
>yes this makeup looks awesome
>take a flash photo
>looks like fresh ass
>convention coming up which means lots of flash photos

I DONT KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS
>>
>>9069071
What part of "the voters who voted to leave were from low education demographics" don't you understand? They were literally less likely to have been educated. That doesn't have to equate directly to being unintelligent, but I think you're splitting hairs getting upset about saying their dumb. Honestly, people who blindly believe what politicians promise them without looking into the other sides, as many voters on both sides but especially leavers who believed they'd be better off financially because someone said so, are fucking dumb.
>>
>>9069544
whats the problem exactly, like is it the foundation ur using has SPF in it or it's making you shiny?
>>
>>9069544
use better cosmetics, familia
>>
>>9069552
it has SPF in it, I thought it would be good because AX is hot as hell ad I need to wear that anyway.
>>
>>9069288
that sucks. I know what it's like to get fired over a misunderstanding. I can't stand it when you do something wrong by accident and everybody treats you like you did it on purpose.

well, live and learn. here's hoping you find something better.
>>
>>9069569
i know SPF foundation can cause a flashback, making your skin look way lighter and shinier. u could try switching your foundation or applying sunscreen before foundation and letting it sink in, and hopefully your foundation will cover up the flashback. Powder is your best friend. Also clean brushes make a worlds difference in application. Good luck anon
>>
File: 1464050989477.jpg (97 KB, 553x702) Image search: [Google]
1464050989477.jpg
97 KB, 553x702
>>9069251
I sent you an email!
>>
>>9069450
>non-EU
>don't have to accept them

Brexit isn't going to do anything about 'not having to accept' those non-EU people that are top contributors to immigration. Admittedly they don't even know what they'll do with the EU people. Uncertainty all around.
>>
File: efd.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
efd.gif
929 KB, 264x320
>Order wig for con this weekend
>Tracking says it was suppose to be here yesterday
>Didn't even come today
>Con is tomorrow
>No wig

What a shit day. Been scrambling around trying to find a solution. I want to die now.
>>
>>9069610
If its a big con there will probably be booths that sell wigs! I know Arda goes to cons a lot
>>
>>9069614
That's what my friend said as well. I dislike the idea of picking up the wig at the con, but c'est la vie. I'm hoping on a last ditch effort I can borrow a different friend's wig tomorrow morning before I head out. I think I'm reacting more emotionally because it's been a tough, crappy month for me.
>>
I fear I'm rushing myself into a relationship because I don't like being alone.
>>
File: saveme.png (694 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
saveme.png
694 KB, 1280x720
>>9069571
Thanks. My boss says he'll contact me if there's a way I can reapply in the future. He really wasn't happy about firing me.

I'm just hoping Starbucks will give me some employment for now.

To make things worse, nobody has time to spend with me this weekend. Not even my mom. I just want some company in a discouraging time. Pic related.
>>
>>9069631
Well, are you the one asking the other person out?
Think about what you like about that person, and consider your own readiness to enter a relationship

Without more info, anon, I'm not sure if you are or aren't, but if you feel that way, you might want to re-evaluate the idea
>>
File: 1462669497362.png (597 KB, 697x854) Image search: [Google]
1462669497362.png
597 KB, 697x854
It can't be just me but feels like it a lot.
>go to a con with friends
>have shit time
go to con alone
>end up meeting a bunch of cool people
>have a blast
>read /cgl/ after and wish I went with the group
>>
>>9069631
Maybe you should let them know that beforehand in a nice way. Just let them know you're not looking for long term.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mtd72hUIVV1qiitnn.gif (220 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mtd72hUIVV1qiitnn.gif
220 KB, 250x250
>mfw sold a dressform through craigslist
>the lady I sold it to is a fellow cosplay mom.
>We spent time nerding about cosplay, conventions, and so on, I was even talking with her son about a video game we both play a bit.
>I hope I'll see her and her family at conventions

I got to make some money, she got the exact dressform she'd been eyeing in stores, and hopefully I can make a fellow cosplay parent friend.
>>
>>9069288
I hate this for you! I'll bet it was a great job.
>>
>>9069672
Thank you. I hate to harp on it, but I was pretty much in love with that job. I'm feeling kind of heartbroken.
>>
>>9069676
You should have tried not getting fired then
>>
File: letitgo.jpg (95 KB, 700x379) Image search: [Google]
letitgo.jpg
95 KB, 700x379
>>9069685
>>
File: burning anger.gif (740 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
burning anger.gif
740 KB, 427x240
The Denver Comicon thread is kill, or I'd post this there.

I didn't get to go to the con because we needed everyone working at the restaurant. Every available waiter, waitress, cook, and driver we had. The place was packed to the gills. I don't think I've ever run so much food in my life. All the tips were pooled together and split at the end of the weekend, because we literally didn't have time to shut down the registers to be able to divvy out tips.

>MY FUCKING FACE when the tips are divveyed out and I made the EXACT same as I did tonight. There were only FIVE FUCKING TABLES TONIGHT.

YOU FUCKING CHEAPSKATES.

If you'd only tipped $0.50 per order, not even per head, but no, most of you tipped NOTHING.
>>
>>9068197
Actually, losing weight often does cute ugly. Facial fat can fuck up your features, just look at a lot of before and after pictures, the face is often a lot better looking.
>>
>>9069544
HD photoready is your friend.
>>
File: justaheart.jpg (12 KB, 410x349) Image search: [Google]
justaheart.jpg
12 KB, 410x349
>>9069596
replied!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.