[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosplay Mistakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: badcosplay2.jpg (48 KB, 539x600) Image search: [Google]
badcosplay2.jpg
48 KB, 539x600
A few weeks back, I made a thread about bad things cosplayers do. It went a bit out of scope since there are so many different types of cosplayers.

This time, lets focus on convention cosplayers, just there for the experience, not participating in costume contests or trying to become web famous.

What are the things these cosplayers do that bother you? What are these poor costume construction mistakes that you wish people would stop doing? Have you yourself ever made a poor costume construction choice and just wore it anyways?

Here's another meaningless poll just for fun!
http://www.strawpoll.me/10462956
>>
Don't really think it's fair to have these sorts of threads about, as you said, "convention cosplayers." If they're not competing in contests or for fame, they're just doing this for fun and love of the characters, and who's to judge that?
>>
This is like one of those /v/ threads where they complain about "casuals", isn't it?
>>
>>9051175
Not really the intent. Most people who do their first cosplay lack knowledge and don't do things the right way, or try to look for a cheap/easy shortcut. It's interesting to hear people vent about things they see when they know a much better way to do certain costuming effects.

A good example is a friend of mine did a My Little Pony cosplay and everyone was amazed at how good her 2-toned tail looked. People were trying to use yarn, felt or things like that to construct tails. She just rolled up a hair extension and attached two clip extensions for the 2-tone.

But also I know there's a lot of people that just like to vent about the things they don't like seeing at conventions, so if you want, you can do that as well.
>>
>>9050253
>people need to stop having fun
>>
>>9050253
That is saiyan pride! vegeta would be fucking proud of ya!
>>
>>9050253
>What are the things these cosplayers do that bother you?
Be elitists to others when the vast majority of cosplayers just do it for fun and don't have to time, money, or skillset to do better.
>>
the poll said it for me. Sluttifying characters, that's my pet peeve
>>
>>9050253
Its not really interesting to nitpick these types of cosplayers. Its always obvious what wrong with these and might be their first time cosplaying so it doesn’t really mean anything when you post this saying “look this guy didn’t use the correct anything “ because the response is “no shit Sherlock.”

now if that was a picture of someone who has been cosplaying for years, acts like he is THE super Saiyan, etc. then it’d hold some interest.
>>
>>9050253
>ITT we complain about people who dress up for fun, not attention
>>
>>9050253
Biggest mistake was hiring a guy by the name of Chad Taylor out of Cleveland, TN.

Found him through a 40k page, looked on the up and up, but he has been a complete scumbag to deal with. If I could hire someone to give him a good shove into finishing my project, I would. Gladly.
>>
>>9050580
>>9051175
>>9051403
>>9052171
>>9052185
>>9052291
OP here. It's kind of funny, I just put in the poll the stuff people were complaining about in the last thread where I didn't specify I didn't mean "professional" cosplayers. Of course I expect a lot more leniency when people aren't posting on the internet or competing in contests. And hating people making cosplay mistakes doesn't HAVE to be about elitism. It might just annoy you seeing people putting in too much time or effort because there's something that is cheaper/easier and still looks better.
>>
File: IMG_20160614_081952_455.jpg (45 KB, 360x370) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160614_081952_455.jpg
45 KB, 360x370
Puddin'!
>>
>>9050253
When I wore my comic Ozymandias for the first time.

And somehow forgot about all the chunky decorative shit he wears..... Meaning I was walking around the convention in a gold suit and purple robe and golden rope.

Plus side a few people did come up and say it was a good attempt.
>>
>>9053256
Looks like she ate a bit to much tbf
>>
File: utena1-2.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
utena1-2.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
>>9050253
Being too "in character"

>first cosplay as Utena a long time ago
>fat Wakaba cosplayer shrieks, "UTENAAAAA"
>Oh cool, someone wants my picture maybe?
>Nah, fat Wakaba comes out of the crowd and tackles me in an attempt to do the piggyback glomp she does in the anime.
>I awkwardly topple over

I mean, it's wasn't as bad as the bloody miku comic or hambeast prime, but it's still bad enough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxXoxCQUd0

my soul has been wounded today. whyon goods earth would you make a costume like this out of that fucking material
>>
>>9052787
Cleveland is only an hour away from my house...
>>
>>9055555
Infact, I think I've met Chad before...
>>
>>9055555
Checked
>>
>>9053232
As a guy who is dipping my toe in the cosplay world for the first time, I was hoping to find comon mistakes and avoid them in a thread like this one. Guess i'll keep lurking.
>>
>>9050253
Keeping this thread on track:

Disney Princess cosplayers who wear their pettis and hoops wrong. It's such a simple thing to fuck up but SO MANY PEOPLE DO IT. Don't wear a hoop by itself, and don't get the wrong size.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.