[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idea: Pokestop shop I was thinking of going downtown and setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Pokestop Shop.jpg (407 KB, 1496x1036) Image search: [Google]
Pokestop Shop.jpg
407 KB, 1496x1036
Idea: Pokestop shop

I was thinking of going downtown and setting up the equivalent of a lemonade stand and calling it the Pokestop Shop. I'd set up next to 2-3 pokestops and keep them constantly lured while selling bottled water and snacks. If business is good I'd start selling shirts, stickers, and maybe bring a couple batteries and charge people for charging their phones.

What do you guys think? What are the legal issues I might run into doing this?
>>
>>1388204

you're a week too late, pokemon go is already dead/dying
>>
>>1388204
Don't think about it just do it. Either it works or doesn't but never sit on an idea too long. This fad might burn out by the time you get around to acting.
>>
>>1388210
I want to make sure that its legal and economically viable.

Where could I legally set up such a marketing stand in my city?
>>
>>1388214
Don't worry about its legal before you worry about if it is viable. The only way to determine if it is viable is to set one up.
>>
>>1388214
nobody is going to sue you. at worst, they'll make you shut down. meanwhile you'll have made millions
>>
>>1388221
>>1388253
So basically just set up shop and start selling tomorrow and then when a cop or the owner of the land that I'm on comes to stop me, plead ignorance and then comply with the law as it comes to me?
>>
You'll probably need licenses if you're an adult doing it

pretend its a good cause and find some kid to help you like a nephew

Sell something mobile in a cart like girls scout cookies and just hold up a sign that says pokestop shop

no one will stop you and you'll bring people in with lures. Get it fast because pokemon fad is slowly dying. Millenials lose interest fast as fuck
>>
>>1388331
What if it's a charity? I could run it as a charity to determine if it's viable first. I don't think charities need permits.
>>
>>1388204
Son you're already too late

I've already been doing that for the past 2 weeks, but I drive around to the pokestops in my vehicle, hitting the most popular ones during peak hours

In addition I sell small chip bags, Ash Ketchum hats that I ordered off Alibaba for 2$ a piece and rechargeable portable chargers (18650 battery packs) that I got for 3.50 each and micro USB/lightning cables. All ordered from China
>>
This would be so AMAZING! You could have tumblr dogs merm and say Wow payment much payment wow tumblr dogs ftw. Also say based
>>
>>1388341
i don't know about charities, just that you're required to donate 13% to charity

if you had a kid with you and you dont look like a pedo, i doubt the cops would question you
>>
>>1388321
Pretty much. Or move locations.
>>
OP I respect your entrepreneurial spirit so I'm not going to trash your dream. I will say, however, that many pokestops are already establishments that sell goods and services to people so your competition is, like, ACTUAL businesses.

If you were in my city I'd buy shit from you though because I dig gumption.
>>
Do enough people actually play this stupid game that this is possible? You make it sound like crowds of people walk around with their phones out.

I guess if you live in the middle of a big ass city then maybe
>>
>>1388384
Please believe that it is not hyperbole when I say this may already be the most-used app in the history of smart phones.

More daily active users than Twitter, more daily usage than Facebook, it took all of 6 days to eclipse Candy Crush as the most played mobile game of all time.
>>
>>1388393
wow damn, I live in a small town in Canada so Idk if its even available here yet. I honestly just think its some new mass surveillance tactic always having to walk around with your phone out pointed at things etc.
>>
File: 1268368304200.png (4 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
1268368304200.png
4 KB, 236x176
So far i have made 1300 USD selling pokemon shit i made for cheap (around 250% ROI), feelsgoodman.
>>
>>1388208
citation needed
>>
File: cigar.jpg (221 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
cigar.jpg
221 KB, 750x500
>>1388204
if you really wanna make some money, buy some cheap power banks. something like these, you can pick them up for less than a dollar: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Portable-USB-Power-Bank-box-1x-18650-Battery-Charger-Box-18650-power-bank-case-no/32698199296.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10055_10049_10017_405_404_10059_407_10058_10040_9017,searchweb201603_8&btsid=abec0ccf-7edb-4fa9-a416-9a6ead1b4c14

Fully charge them, sell them for $5-10. Pokemon Go drains your battery, and people are always complaining that their batteries died just before they got an elusive rare one. If you're at a popular poke stop, and you're flogging something they can connect to their phone and get a full charge, you'd make a killing.
>>
>>1388384
You got no idea.

I walk around a track usually around 9 pm. Until a few weeks ago it was great, because I had it all to myself, that late. Now there's always 3-4 other people walking around with their phones out. At 9 pm. And I'm not even in a big city.

There's mobs of hundreds playing it in big cities.
https://vimeo.com/174821377

Somehow they've popularized an outdoor video game. That's never happened before.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.