[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Investing in "personal capital"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: JUSTDO.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
I am debating on if I need a car or not /biz/ and just how important is "living".

As of right now, I am incredibly bored. I take the bus to work and back. The trip to work and back is about 2 hours total. If I had a car, it would be 1 hour total, to and back.

I am hesitant to get a car because I only have 8k USD saved up and a decent used car runs like 6k USD. I feel vulnerable having only 2k left and that doesn't even include shit like having to pay for car insurance.

I am also incredibly depressed because having to take the bus everywhere severely limits me in the fun I can have. I haven't been out with my friends in about a year because no one really wants to have to drop me off and pick me up if we go out. Basically, there is a depression component in all of this.

I want a car not only so I can save time getting to work and back but so that I can actually do "stuff". Like maybe date, see friends, visit locations. My life is really boring right now. I wake up, go to work, come home, eat sleep and shower and go to bed.

Its brutal. Would a car even help me out of this? Basically, I just have 8k sitting around in my bank account doing nothing.
>>
I make around $300 per week and still have a car.. public transport is for poorfags and crazy people

If you maintain your second-hand jalopy ride, it will last for a long time
>>
>>1388178

I see.. there are a lot of crazy people on public transport I noticed. Why is that?

Anyway, I am just scared of spending huge chunks of money. These student loans I am paying back.. I pay them back comfortably but I pay more than I need to per month to keep them decreasing. Should I slow down? I typically have to pay maybe 500 dollars a month between all my loans. I pay about 700 total to pay them back faster.
>>
>>1388167
Ride a bike fatass
>>
Just walk everywhere and play Pokemon Go
>>
>>1388167
Unfortunately, if you don't know much about cars you can get into trouble, but there are tons of vehicles out there man. I have owned 3 vehicles worth less than $3000....the cheapest being a Buick that I bought in high school for $700 that I drove about 60,000 miles before the head gasket failed and I sold it for $500. I enjoy working on cars, and you can save money by doing it, but in honestly, I have not had to spend much time maintaining any vehicles I have owned.

Do you care what it is? or does it have to be ''cool''?
>>
Buy a rice rocket for 2k. Buy a geo metro for 1k.
>>
File: IMG_0313.jpg (960 KB, 2336x1558) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0313.jpg
960 KB, 2336x1558
>>1388167
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.