[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neuter / Spay -- Cheap / Free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: blackcat.jpg (116 KB, 804x799) Image search: [Google]
blackcat.jpg
116 KB, 804x799
This little guy, his two brothers and their mother all need to be fixed. Now. Please tell me where in Connecticut (or Rhode Island, Massachusetts or New York) we can have this done for free (or for very cheaply).

These kittens were born January 24th; they were their mother's second litter.

Money is a major issue, as the owner(s) are poor (as am I). Isn't there a way to have this done for free? Do you think we'd be able to bring the cats to a place that fixes "strays" and just be like:

>"This pregnant cat showed up on our doorstep and gave birth; can you fix these 'feral' cats for free, then let us take them home for free?"

>mfw this is a free service provided to strays brought in by random people, but if you "own" your cat, you've got to pay

>mfw it's up to me to schedule appointments for other peoples' cats because they just can't seem to do it for themselves

Alright, now I'll go back to running down this long lists of phone numbers to clinics in this area, calling each (but everybody's asking for like $90 per cat wtf).

>mfw *my* cat is *already* spayed
>>
>>2124329
>post thread asking if kitten should be fixed
>everyone on /an/ says yes for the cat's own good
>everyone on /an/ says anyone who doesn't fix their kittens is an irresponsible monster
>okay.jpeg
>ask /an/ where to fix cat for free because poorfag
>silence

Seriously, NOTHING? NOBODY here in the CT/RI/MA/NYC area has any advice? Nobody here wants to take all of sixty seconds to share information which will literally save lots of anguish to not just these cats and their owners, but to any others reading this thread?

You understand why I'm bumping this. Best price I've found now is "$36" (but that's the base, and doesn't include any of the extra costs & charges etc). $100 is the absolute maximum budget we've got here to fix four cats. Where can we get this done for free?

Alright, I guess I'll just drop off all four cats at a shelter then, where they'll no doubt be euthanized due to there already being so many cats there.

Better to kill them than have them suffer going into heat.

You guys are the best.
>>
>>2124329
If you have proof of public assistance, then I think the ASPCA can help you out for like nothing.
>>
A lot of places will do it for cheap. Check out vet schools and stuff. They may only have one day a month that they'll do it too.

They'll vaccinate them, throw some flea killer on them if they see it, and clip their ears if you ask.
>>
>>2124373
Okay, *this* is helpful, as the owner certainly qualifies; thank you.
>>
Supposedly some vets set up one day out of the month where they do nothing but spays/neuters for five bucks a pop, but I just got blank stares/awkward silence on the phone when I asked my nearby places.

I dunno about that far northeast but in Oklahoma the vet gave me some paperwork to send off alongside proof of being poor as fuck (printout of a food card worked for me), which let me cat a cat fixed for ten bucks, and a rabies vaccination for five. Just call or go to the vet and ask if they have similar programs.
>>
>>2124373
>>2124378
>>2124415
Thank you! I've forwarded the links I've found and your feedback to the owner, and she's happy to know that she qualifies due to disability etc, so the bll's in her courty, now. (She'll handle it all now herself without spending more than she can afford.) Let's keep this thread alive. You know, there should totally be a good spay/neuter sticky thread on this board.....
>>
>>2124372
holy shit why so triggered. /an/ is a pretty slow board
>>
will never understand why a poor person would get a pet. If that cat gets sick, it will be fucked.
>>
>>2124329
Have you tried drowning them, op? That's a sure way of making sure they won't breed.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.