[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homemade Bird toys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Chicken Swing.jpg (171 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Swing.jpg
171 KB, 1500x1500
So I have been wanting to make this thread for awhile to see what other bird owners have come up with. Since bird toys are usually fairly expensive and are generally torn apart in a matter of weeks exchanging alternatives might be of benefit. Also pic related
>>
File: 20160514_154119.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160514_154119.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I usually just use wiffle balls as a base and fill them with paper/string and nuts. Once they rip everything apart inside you can remake them an repeat.
>>
You can do a bunch of stuff with some wood dowels, twine, and zip ties. A drill and a little hack saw are all the tools required. Bamboo stakes from garden store work well also.
>>
What bird(s) do you have anon?

I use unbleached coffee filters to hide treats in which I then put in a forage ball.
You can buy beads (of course not small enough to swallow/breakable) and put them on bits of string, my bird loves messing with them.

Also when I use them in food she likes to play with the core of a bell pepper; she doesn't really eat it, just chews it a bit and throws the seeds fucking everywhere.
Sure you do this already but you can repurpose broken toys and make frankentoys out of them.

You can pick up dirt cheap baby toys at car boot sales and sterilise them, they can make good foot toys for small/medium birds.

Btw good thread OP, I'm always looking for new ideas to keep my little feathery fuckhead (caique) occupied.
>>
>>2122778
Thanks for sharing anon, I like the coffee fiber idea a lot. Probably gonna try it out for myself.

I have a 2 year old nandy conure and a cockatiel
>>
>>2122414
How about having a couple of bird-safe potted plants around, that they can mess around in (and probably destroy)?
>>
>>2124897
I have been considering growing maple tree saplings with that intention.

In her outside cage that wouldn't be an issue, but putting a plant in her indoor cage may lead to dirt everywhere lol.
>>
>>2124978
woah mate, need an Advil or something?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.