[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the appropriate length to get a new dog? I loved my American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: pets.jpg (475 KB, 1918x1077) Image search: [Google]
pets.jpg
475 KB, 1918x1077
Whats the appropriate length to get a new dog? I loved my American Bulldog of 15 and a half years but just had to put her down. There's just never been a moment in my life where I've never had a dog now my apartment feels a lot more empty now without her. Like I don't want to rush things or anything like that and I hate to use the world replacement but things just don't feel right without her.

Pic related
>>
>>2110370

It really depends on how you feel. If you are the kind of person who can love a new dog and not constantly compare it to your old dog, then get a new dog.

I went through a similar situation this year. I had 2 dogs and one of them died young after an emergency surgery and hearing just one set of paws following me around broke my heart. I wanted to wait a few months, but I ended up only waiting a few weeks when I found the right dog on a rescue's website. I love my old dog, and I love my new dog. Try not to think of it as a replacement. You aren't replacing your old dog, but you do have an open spot in your life and heart for a new buddy.
>>
>>2110384
I think I might do constant comparisons if I get another Bulldog though I really doubt i'll ever find one like her again.

Never ever barked, never aggressive, friendly around everyone, always listened, and while she was never aggressive or never had to be( thankfully) she was just big enough to where she would definitely scare people though I think that was because they thought she was a pit.

I think i'll wait a couple more weeks and see how I feel. like I also kinda want to wait a few months but i'm not feeling it.
>>
>>2110391
see how you feel in another week or two. Every dog has their own adorable quirks and mannerisms. I know how much it hurts to think about the qualities you've lost, but when you get a new buddy you'll find new things you love about your buddy. I wouldn't recommend getting the same breed if you aren't super into that breed (like some people only own one kind of dog forever).

If you liked having a chill bulldog you might like: great danes, bassett hounds, greyhound or something similar or mastiff
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-27-20-15-32.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-27-20-15-32.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>2110370
>American bulldog
>15 years
You've had a lot of years with her, and so many memories I assume. Right now all you can focus on is the pain of your loss and this is normal. However as time passes you'll start thinking more of good memories and of the goofy moments you shared, rather than the unpleasant moments you've recently gone through. After awhile you'll start thinking of other dogs not so much as a replacement, but as your next companion. They will be just as deserving of your love and care, and will reward you with the same love and devotion that you are craving right now.
While your next dog won't be exactly llike her, you will compare the new puppy to her. She will be the standard that you judge your next dogs on, which when you think about it, is a great compliment.
Sorry for your loss anon, I sincerely wish you the best.
>pic related belongs to a very good friend, and he turns 14 this year. I guess your post hit a little close to home.
>>
>>2110402
I am really into the type of bulldog she was(which I'm still semi confused why there are so many different american dogs) which was a Georgia type American Bulldog. However now tons of people are breeding them with pits in my state.

I'm starting to lean towards maybe a boxer or something but finding the perfect dog takes ages.
>>
>>2110411
American bulldogs*
>>
File: LO1BUBc.jpg (176 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
LO1BUBc.jpg
176 KB, 1080x810
>>2110370
there's a local shelter with some good old boy mutt who's been dealt a shit hand.

If you have the ability to support him,make your peace with your passed friend and honor his life by saving another.

I just look at the numbers, man. Moment I get into my apartment and grabbing the shelter mutt that connects with me.

also, be happy he lasted 15.5 years, that's crazy. I had one of my best, most loving dogs die only after 4 months because of an underlying disease that was triggered by a feral cat attack.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.