[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My cat and dog both died and my mom has made the decision that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: WLizard.jpg (59 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
WLizard.jpg
59 KB, 500x335
My cat and dog both died and my mom has made the decision that instead of replacing them, we'll just go with an animal-free house so she doesn't have to worry about feeding times and medicine and cleaning up and all the shit that comes with animal care.

How do you guys get your animal fix when you live someplace they aren't allowed? I've found myself wandering through the pet store a lot recently, just to interact with the dogs that lazy owners don't leash and let just run up to you.
>>
Move out.

Alternatively, when I was a kid/teenager all we had a dog but I figured out if I 'found' a stray dog, kitten, or suddenly had some animal dumped on me then my parents would feel too bad to make me get rid of it. In my defense, people really did just leave animals in my yard or doorstep sometimes and I did find other homes for plenty of kittens I raised, returned lost dogs, didn't have tons of animals/wasnt a hoarder, I kept shit clean and paid for their stuff, etc.
Alternatively if your mother doesn't go in your room often, you could probably get away with a small animal.
>>
>>2109729
I should also say that if it is your mom who was taking care of the animals and paying for everything, then you're shit out of luck and shouldn't bother getting any.

Also go volunteer at a shelter. You could possibly convince your mother to foster a cat or dog because it's temporary.
>>
>>2109715
Well I'd take on some responsibility. Why can't you help your mother out?

She can deal with the medical things since I'm assuming she has the money/insurance. While you can feed, walk, play with, clean up after, and so on.

I know when I was younger and my parents threatened to get rid of my cat. I decided to step up and take over his feeding and cleaning.

It was only until later that I learned my parents are good pet bros and had no intentions of ever getting rid of an animal they took responsibility over. They just used it as a threat to get me to help out since the cat was for me.

I wasn't even mad when I found out.
>>
volunteer at a shelter
>>
>>2109715
After a protracted illness or death of an older pet, people are sometimes burned out on all the care and heartbreak. Give her some time. Or, have a heart and just wait till you move out, rather than trying to manipulate yer poor Moms.
>>
>>2110018
Sorry, that wasn't fair of me. I skimmed the thread and thought you were asking how to get your Moms to let you get another pet.

Volunteering at a shelter has its drawbacks. Just make sure it's a no-kill shelter or you'll one day come home with some poor critter that was on death row for that day.

Maybe find a shelter or a rescue where you can help socialize animals to make them better candidates for adoption.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.